Fighting Game General: No Excuses Edition

Goku SSJ God, Android-16 and Android-18 announced.
Story mode announced.
Beta sign ups delayed to August 22nd. Beta will be up from September 16th~18th. Japanese sign ups are available at the Japanese PS Store
Fighters Pack 2 Reveal the 23rd.
New balance patch released. Bizarro released as a new Premier Skin for Superman. Tournament shaders for many characters are available for purchase.
Starfire released for pass owners. She'll be out on the store in August 15th for U$5.99.
Free weekend beta from August 11th to 14th: fantasystrike.com/freeweekend
Jubei will be released on August 31st on consoles along with a balance update. He'll cost U$7.99. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview
Allen Snider confirmed as a new playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg
Kickstarter for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! reached U$324,639. New character Shark Girl with Parecelsia arcana will come for this version along with a balance patch. kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/
Leaked Arcade mode confirmed by X-Kira: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-&p=293083&viewfull=1#post293083
Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita
Eliza is available for purchase for U$5.00 at the stores for PC/PS4/XboxOne.
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU
Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
Firebrand and Ghost Rider teased to be appearing at Gamescon.
New Story Mode trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=UEmhvPoWHWY
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM
A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
The 3.8 Eagle update is out as of June 27th 2017.
Dataminer found references for possible future characters and stages Blue Mary, Jubei, Heidern, Hinako, Oswald and Shingo: youtube.com/watch?v=p-AXIGJeHOc
First free DLC character, Max Brass gets a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=HlKDwrr3HA8
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.
KOF Director announces "many new fighting games" are in the works. archive.is/CVy0I
Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=VT_oEkNlAoA
Cerebrawl v0.6.5 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightan
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZLdaLTIoMvkoMkxUk2l74A
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
github.com/Labreezy/rev2-wakeup-tool
archive.is/Obfqc
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/30321705/1/
streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.sg/2017/08/a-look-at-ed-from-street-fighter-v.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
japaneselevelup.com/video-game-twisted-translations-street-fighter-2/>>>13296779
japaneselevelup.com/video-game-twisted-translations-street-fighter-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightan
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
Exploring Fighting Games: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZLdaLTIoMvkoMkxUk2l74A
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Post your mains.

That bingo card is fucking wonderful. If you made it yourself, you should be proud.

If you think I won't ask you to post the rest because you stopped numbering them, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm disappointed the new characters we got aren't named after metal bands anymore.

Please Clap

Is the cookie supposed to reference Cookie Clicker?

i remember that image back from like 2014

What if I don't have the dexterity for command inputs or combos?

I'm curious about a Guilty character you can make after a recent metal band, right now.
How would that work? What band?

Then you play Samurai Shodown.

I wish I could play Venom that well.

This should go in the next thread's OP, third party tool for wakeup reversals in the lab

github.com/Labreezy/rev2-wakeup-tool

Kreator
RAGE
Sodom
Frost*
Virgin Steele
Grave Digger
Manilla Road

I can go on and on. I think Jack O should've been called Helloween tbh

Well, the only reason I'd like Jack'O to have another name is that we have way too much characters starting with a J. The Japanese guys likes to simplify characters under 2 or 3 letters, but if you're forced to have JC, JA and JO…

It's Street Fighter. How can you fuck Street Fighter up?

This is the one that killed me

Where are "I live in a shithole with 300+ ping to everything" and "I have no local scene" squares?

More DBFZ footage. skip to 0:50

There's 2 fireball-related excuses. I'm pretty sure we can put yours in one of those squares.

Yes please.

who will buy DBZF over MVCI ?

how many more topics are we going to copy from r/kappa?

This IS r/Kappa.
In fact, this thread is kappest than r/Kappa.

Previous thread: archive.is/Obfqc

Then this thread needs more cheesecake.

Katarina is so smexy

what do you consume while pulling off combos?

Water-only. It keeps me hydrated and doesn't slow me down nor makes me shaky.

I'd say just make one with "grabs/grapplers are bullshit!" since it's technically the same issue twice.

If Satan isn't in, at least I know who I'd be using so far.

Good, water beats *ugh*soda. ST hitbox viewer… when?

HOW THE FUCK CAN I DRAGON INSTALL CORRECTLY? MY THUMBS HURT!

I get myself some шљивовица. Calms my nerves, but if I drink too much I start dropping combos.

Nignogs for sure. Blacks like Dragon Ball more than MAHVEL.

Does anyone actually think that Marvel drones (not those who play Mahvel, but those who watch the movies and tv shows) will buy MvC:I in droves? The cape bubble isn't going to pop until Infinity War.

huh, didn't see that coming. When it gets a PC port I'll give it a pirate.

Considering they don't buy comics or merchandise outside of T-shirts; no.
They didn't buy UMvC3's re-release either, Disney thinking MCU fans will pick up MvCI is just one big pipe dream

Finally made one.
I'll probably remake it with better quality one day, but for now, here's mine.

Gotta admit Hellboy is pretty hype.
Meanwhile, that might just be the gayest Raiden design they ever coughed up.

Probably not, they'll watch the story mode on youtube and leave it at that.

Surprised they decided to make a shitty redesign for a MK character instead of trying for progressive brownie points with a character like Static.

Marvel drones don't even buy comics anymore thanks to social justice pandering. I doubt they'll buy something like MvCI.

Static was in the mobile game, and it is always requested. I would not be surprised if they make him a glorified skin.

UC2 Raiden was cool. It even looked like armor.

Credit is due, Nether shows all the characters and the models for each pass. This should be the standard, so now people know if they want it or not.

None of them is properly sprite based so neither.

Jesus christ like the roster couldn't get anymore pathetic

Has to be since they said the whole launch roster's already revealed.

So that's why they included a story mode; it's fucking advertising for the season pass.

Not random. He throws a senzu bean, then a rock for 3 times, then back to senzu bean. I think it's like Faust or Platinum. Seems like shit but he looks very fun to play on point.

I think it'll be a very polarizing game with characters that works better with a specific gem and team building be strict like how X doesn't play his games (chargeable beam while running, very limited arsenal) to be focused on the teamplay.

How'd they fuck up Raiden so much?

Those Z inputs look pretty intimidating, but OK.

kek, they announced a Phase 4 2 years ago and they've programmed movies to 2028. Infility War will be in 2018 and 2019. Plus the DCEU… A little more than a bubble, there.

E616 comics are not the derived product for MCU things. Actually, it's more the opposite.
Plus there's tons of utter normalfags that picked MVC3 just to play Captain America and Iron Man one hour and let the disc collect dust. Expect a repeat.

Of who? Raiden? It's like asking a Killer Frost premiere skin for Captain Cold.
They don't fight the same at all. Raiden is pure lighting storm. Static is magnetic lightning.

Pick SG, then.

They've been fucking up ever since they never took a cue from the movie.
IMO Raiden is one of those cases where simpler is better.

Dad Bod Raiden is pretty funny.

Fixed it.

Think I'm finally starting to get the hang of Tekken. I never played a fighting game before so I'm mostly getting destroyed, but I'm starting to understand punishing and stuff like that.

Why bully Juri? Isn't it bad enough that she's stuck in the worst SF game and is quite possibly the worst character in said game?

I'd strongly prefer her bullying me. But I'm 3DPD.

Play Dragon Ball FighterZ then

Pretty much every choice they made for Street Fighter V is a good place to start.

I feel like a snob when I say something like this, but it confounds me to no end. And this is after I show them how and they forget 5 minutes later.

Now that's bullshit.

God dammit. I'm happy they've actually got commands for the first time since Super DBZ or maybe Taiketsu, but I guess they had to dumb it down for the Budokaibabbies.

You DO know this is a Bandai Namco game and these aren't the only Gokus and Vegetas and Gohans you'll find in the game, right?

And still they're complaining it's not Xenoverse3, Raging Blast or the new Naruto to Boruto and those inputs are too complicated or "outdated". Look at the IGN new build video comment section if you doubt me.

Holy shit.

I'd rather not, but I don't doubt it for a second. Hell, it's the reason Super DBZ bombed in the West. And do people really want a new Xenoverse? The series is spent, what the hell do they expect them to do with it now?

Releasing the same shit again, basically. Doesn't even need any actual updates.

Xenoverse is the new naruto storm. They will release a new game each few anime arcs. When super will get to certain amount of arcs it will get xenoverse game mainly focused on super.

Fuck, it will happen twice before super ends.

I hope this becomes a standard mode in team based fighting games.

DOA5 and MK9 have this too. But MK9 doesn't feature this online afaik.

honestly i'm fucking livid, I didn't think NRS would get a guest character superior to akuma and geese

What the fuck is this?

What a depressing state of affairs, but then again it's Capcom.

Both Tekken Tags also have this

Some retard who rips his posts from submissions on r/kappa, word for word and image for image. I have no idea why he isn't banned.

Bamco Stream

NRS seems to be pretty on point with guest characters. Too bad a cool DLC character won't sell me on their games.

Since MvC is dead, which characters would you have liked to see in the series, assuming it didn't become the giant dumpster fire it is today? Aside from the obligatory Gene, I would've loved to see Kevin Stryker from Street Fighter 2010 be playable.

>t. marketer

For capcom;
Jon Talbain and Princess Devilotte
For marvel;
Moon Knight and Machine Man

As for Capcom characters, Okami is my favourite game so I'd like to see if they could do something interesting with Susano or Waka, or maybe even Nagi since he has more attacks.

I'm less familiar with Marvel, so, I dunno, Moon Knight? Maybe Iron Fist? What I really want is Badger, but that'll never fucking happen.

Good thing they're adding more mechanics. I like how reflected small projectiles crash into the background.

Which is why so much of it is behind DLC right?

I do know a guy who watches all the DC TV shows and movies, and he only watched the story on Injustice 2. Didn't even bother getting the game. I hope this fad dies soon.

The new characters looks more interesting too.

Some cool guy made a mod for Tekken 7 that let's you change the stage music. It comes with all the original games OST, but you can have any song to play provided you do the bullshit needed.
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/30321705/1/

Hellboy? Is Dark Horse comic owned by DC like Wildstorm ?

Reminder that Capcom didn't do nuffin. DiMPS does the hard work and hands SF4&5 to Onoo. It's like a chef showing the students how to cook and then leaving the students to take care of the kichen.

PS4/Xbone/PC? What are all your fightan platforms?

Nice. Time for Polka. Haha

normalfags better not ruin this shit. Quarter circle for everything is pretty rough, if they somehow dumb it down even more for faggots who won't even play it I'll be pissed.

I just spent a few hours remaking this old tier list. Am I missing anything I deliberately removed Thrill Kill and One Must Fall Battlegrounds because I honestly wasn't sure why they were even on this list? Should I put any of the games in different tiers?

Nope, but they've done a lot of crossover stuff with DC like Superman/Aliens.

wew lad
KEK

At least you added Fighting Layer.

It was there the whole time, lad.

Wasn't Predator in MK9 or X? I want to play the Aliens vs Predator capcom side-scrolling beat'em up again…

God damn the old chart is so fucking shit.

Is ArcSys serious? Why would you intentionally buy a package at the same price as another that comes with less content?

Either that, or they just screwed up the prices.

This is DB, man. DBFZ is just the #300 attempt of Bamco to take the baka gaijin's sheckels. Don't be surprised, man.

Probably should've said this in my original post. I've played maybe a 6th of the games on that list, and even some of the new games I added like Tekken 7 and MKX are only placed that way because of what I've heard about them. Everything else is a holdover from the old chart, and I'm not gonna start swapping games from place to place until I've heard at least more than one request for them.

2v2 would work, but not 3v3. Too many players for a stage that small.
BBxTB could be that, tho. I kinda wish that 2v2 became the standard mode period for this game, so you let the pure 1v1 scenes of BB and UNI without direct competition.

So did the original list creator. All the games that are popular to pretend to have played (3S, BR, CvS2, Darkstalkers, AC+R, Garou, Last Blade) are in the top tiers, while a fuckload of other choices are questionable at best (DoA in full force, any NRS\MK game above low\shit tier, the most competitively and overall popular SoulCal in low tier, fuckload of Tekkens but no T3, no actually popular RB2, etc.).

You're actually as full of shit as the original list creator.

Anyone agree with me when I say that second impact was better than third strike?

None of MK or NRS games are good fightan. 2D ones are full kusoge, 3D ones until MK9 are completely fucked with only "muh single player content" to carry them, MK9 and past that are just mediocre with shittastic balance all around.

Tekken 3 is a great deal better than both T2 and T4, which the guy felt the need to include for some reason

I like its aesthetic better.

This looks great.

While we can talk a lot about controversial choices and whatever, the biggest crime for me here is the SoulCal tiers
Fuck, I never even played SC more than casually since in my area there was nobody to play with and it still brings my blood to a boil.

Can 17 be hit during his assist attacks?

I can't take this shit serious at all. 8/10 bait

Yeah. I'm not sure if he eats the hit but he can definitely get stuffed.

Here's some unrelated footage.

If balance would really matter, half of the high and above tier games would be shit, my dude.
Tekken 2 invented Tekken as we know it. Tekken 3 just built on this and removed tons of characters. The only good thing it had is selling success.
It's ok, you're just weeb/nostalgiafagging out. You can cry.

The problem here is that MK is really shallow and shit balance is just a cherry on top. Every other game in high and above has better underlying mechanics than any MK\IJ, even Skullgirls and KI.

QED. Don't even need to said anything since you said it for me.

Agreed. The moment I saw SCV in High tier was when I stopped taking it seriously. That game ws a fucking travesty from start to finish; how anyone thought it deserves a spot above Low/Shit tier and worst of all - above SCII or III - is beyond me.

Also the fact that VF5FS is in top tier, but there are no other VF games aynwhere on the list.

Capcom did everything [wrong].
A bunch of code monkeys alone are not responsible for the poor direction, production and design of the game.
They are also not responsible for the poor quality control or the decision to not fix the issues that matter or the shitty DLC practices and business model.
Capcom outsourced the 3d models, CFN and almost everything to random free-lancers on the internet and did almost no checking or post-release modification to it. The were cheap and now they're paying the price.
Fuck Capcom.

Hey remember how Capcom promised a SFV linux port?

And removed tons of characters. We had to wait until 5 to have a real complete cast. And it's also the best Tekken ever, so…
Where would you place both of those games?

You dodged a bullet there.

Wew, I just woke up to find out that some mistakes have definitely been made. Should I just take out the tiers in general and convert it to a list of recommended fighting games instead? I'm thinking I just combine Top to Mid tier, then split them between Traditional/Anime/Sidestepper/whatever else.

I'm going back to sleep now.

Not really.
No matter how shitty games can be, having more fightan on Linux is always cool.
Even Ultra SF4 on Wine is cool and that game still sucks.

The mistake was the list, fam. The fact that this list exists IS the mistake.

You wouldn't. This encourages people to buy the second product, which is the one they want you to buy so you can actually play with other people (and if they're both the same price, a sale is a sale); it's a very old marketing practice that can be applied to everything from consumer goods to magazine subscriptions.

Enjoy your Xianghuas and turtling
Even V after the retarded balance patches is not that bad. Besides, people don't even know what version of II they should play and it looks like Bandai Namco fucked up the HD release. III is really shit to play aside from the single player stuff.
I mean, it should be on High like SCV but the way people like to pretend it's a perfect game and shit on other versions is baffling.

I think MKXL and Injustice 2 should be at least mid tier. I2 is definitely better than the first one at least and MKX even with full of 50/50s, bad animation and questionable balance, is "solid" to say the least.

Now, from what I have more experience with.
I think Skullgirls is a better "mahvel" game than anything Capcom put after MvC2 and I'm not even a fan of resets at least you can play 1vs1
Leave Bloody Roar games the way it is. It's guaranteed replies :^)

CvS2 is vastly overrated. Agroove, Blanka, Sagat and how Capcom shit on the SNK part of the characters denotes how blind people are with the game. But I agree MvC2 should be High at most.
Even with Kasumis, K's and Nameless it's a pretty solid entry and there's weekly tournaments in Japan still today. Too bad CodeMystics fucked up the lobbies and online on the Steam ports so it's not nearly as popular as the vanilla version with mexicans and hues

So, who agree, about half of the stones will be actually used and the other ones will be pure gimmicky stuff?

Agreed. DiMPS was just the grunt workforce. Art direction/management/deadline are still Capcom's fault.

Bonus:
ED has two dads
streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.sg/2017/08/a-look-at-ed-from-street-fighter-v.html

fuck off, retard

Can't see Marvel Super Heroes and Gem Fighters

I don't even know how they work. I just know that they're litterally V-Gauges, with V-Skills and V-Triggers. Or "Infinity Surge" or whatever.
What's all the powerups, btw?

youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Tekken 7 DLC1

I just know all characters/all X character won't include Kuma and Panda, just like the free drums DLC or every item "for everyone" isn't for them either.

Judging by Leo's "vintage swimsuit" which was just recycled from TTT2, how much does anyone wanna bet that the female swimsuits will also be recycled from there?

Indeed, but there is space. I mean, they add Cold and Sub Zero. Another Electricity based char could be possible. And Static does have another too with the board he uses. But I still think that adding Raiden was a really bad decision. This tainted Injustice 2 even more. I hope we could see at least one new female character per pack. I know the chances would slim, and they would surely fuck her up, but imagine a pack with Black Manta, Hellboy and Vampirella, or Witchblade. The sad part? They would use the PC versions…

It's not that uncommon.

Sure. But not as a primer skin. Even Mr. Freeze and Vixen are highly fetched.
Everything taints Injustice 2. The fact that Injustice 2 exists taints Injustice 2.
Sure. I mean, I'd prefer Raven to comeback, but why not. And Constantine. I'd like to see Constantine. Especially if he can be a less-zoning more-mobile version of Fate.

mfw

A good deal of them were repackaged as new generation (Jin, Forest, Hwoarang), so the losses weren't as huge as they seem.

Fucked if I know, Skullgirls is def mid tier, as much as I don't like the resetfest. KI is either mid or top, but I don't have enough experience with it to tell for certain.

Nice trips.

Jun, Bruce, Lee, Roger/Alex, Ganryu, Wang.
Also, you forgot Julia in your list.

A lot of the ones who weren't were just clones with a few different attacks, like Lee was kind of an unholy union of Law and Paul, Wang was very similar to Julia, Armor King was King with godfists etc. They made them a bit more distinct in the first Tag, but most of the classic T2 characters really got their own identity in 5. Also the only guy I missed in 3 was Baek because even though he did Taekwondo it was quite distinct from Hwoarang and you could do some crazy shit with his flamingo stance, he was my second main in TTT, but I haven't played that one seriously in so long that I don't remember much, I think you could do shit like do triple sidesteps because when he went into it raw he did a sidestep, don't remember if it was to the foreground or the background.

Alright, updated the list. I didn't realize Bloody Roar caused such a stink around here. I know fuck-all about the series, can I get an explanation?

Who's that bitch and what is she doing in a Vampirella comic? It's a rhetorical question.

I think the first Soulcalibur and VF4EVO are both deserving of, at least, a place in high tier. I'd also dare say the mid tier is a mixed bag that IMHO could be split in upper-mid and lower-mid.
My modest two cents.

Good, that game doesn't get the respect it fucking deserves.

Oh boy thank you for this now I can't wait for this to constantly get spammed in these threads along with those stupid main charts that do nothing but show that people here really don't play anything and just put whatever character they mashed with for 5 minutes. Thank you for your service you really brought in wonderful content with this as this will surely have great discussions like people only posting their opinions on what belongs where using memearrows or people posting this with serious thought that any of this might be true instead of what their favorite game being top tier or low tier.

Add soku please, it's mid or high tier.

I always thought it was Shadaloo.

I would've had SFxT in mid tier with Ultra SF4, but just my opinion. I liked SFxT once it got updated.

So Ed is Capcom's Rock Howard?

Done.
You're probably right. That whole section is getting out of hand, but "upper-mid" and "lower-mid" sound stupid. A renaming of all the tiers might be in order.

Sure.

I don't think it's an awful game, but I don't think it deserves much recognition just because of the shit Capcom pulled with it.

For someone complaining about how the chart is gonna ruin future discussion, you sure haven't contributed anything to discussion.

So it's KoF XIV's 1st anniversary and SNK announced an anniversary edition for the PS4 that bundles all the DLC.

So they pulled off an NRS-like "GOTY Edition", huh? Does this mean no more DLC in KOF XIV?

Could they really not have done this a bit earlier to coincide with the PC release?

I can wholeheartedly get behind that.

To be fair that's not really NRS exclusive thing, and it's not much of a deal since you can pick up a physical copy and the DLC for near the same price of the Anniversary Edition at this point.
As it looks right now based on Oda's recent interview, it doesn't look like there is anything on the table for XIV at the moment. Fuck I got excited with Hinako's name popped up in the data mone

I wonder about Bloody Roar myself, I wasn't too interested in the series back then and the only things I know besides some really basic gameplay-related stuff is that II is the best (could be that it's just the most popular) and that IV was such gutter trash that it killed the series.

Since when people plays video games in Holla Forums, user?

I blame Garoufags for that.

Reminds me when J-Stars had a few more characters in the disc code and nothing ended up coming from it. I'm still salty for the lack of Kinnikuman, fuck you Bamco.

I'm salty for the lack of Gally. It's Shueisha's fault, not Bamco's, but still.

Incidentally, wanted to ask if Pocket Fighter, Cyberbots and Warzard/Red Earth are worthy of places in the list. Now that I think about it, I don't know if they ever had a competitive life in the first place.
PF is pretty fun.

I can't deny I'm really disappointed with MKX direction and how WB seems to make sure everything they touch have microtransactions, but they are one of the reasons the Dark Ages never really existed. Back in the ps2 era, Midway, Namco, SNK and Arc, to a lessr extent Tecmo, where the ones keeping the genre alive. Midway where the only one in the west doing fighters, and they are fun. It's sad they had to be bought by one of the worse publishers in the market.
In the end, it seems like it was the destiny of most fighters to suffer in thia generation:

You want the "not a fightan" daddy talk?

If it can have SF1, the DBZ fighters, Evil Zone, GGI and Cyberbots (just noticed it's on the list), don't see what's so wrong about PF and Red Earth.

They're all evil, user. You're saying that Warner is more than Konami, EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Bamco, Koecmo, SEGA, Atlus… And the list goes on and on.

Then, why do you ask?

I meant (You)ing

not only that but to play it you need either an xbone or w10

The W10 version also restricts your character selection to Jago if you're offline. The way Iron Galaxy and Microsoft have been handling the game has been fucking atrocious.

Yes, they are but some are much less, like Paradox, Focus, Deep Silver… They still kike their way to the bank, but not even close to what EA, WB or Ubisoft does.

Jesus fucking Christ almost half of the roster is gonna be disc-locked content. Capcom actually hit a whole new level of low.

Capcom only learned one thing from their mistakes with SFV: How to be sleazier and greedier while getting the FGC to support them.

Don't forget the sjw pandering and the team consists of sjws and cunts like Keits, who get butt-hurt when they're not getting asspats on streams.

drm in fighting games

Hey kids, can you find the hypocrisy in Wong's Tweet to Max!?

DBFZ may look good but not looking forward to all the casual autism it will bring.

I absolutely hate marketing like this. But, I know it works, and that is the part that makes me really sad.
I mean, why not make a contest to fly some winners to play the game? Oh well…

I hate fem-Broly's design so much.

I love how Justing "I'd rather play this than Dragon Ball" Wong is now jumping on the DBZ wagon like the fake-shill-shit bag he is. His hypocrisy is disgusting, but at least people are calling him out on his smelly, greasy bullshit.

person who hasnt played turbo spotted
or person who has only played turbo

Goddamn those new saiyans are shit, especially this thing.

I thought Plague would've known better than this.

Welp, enjoy DBZF everyone, because you're never getting another DB game like it.

Okay, well where do you think it should go?

I agree

A modifier button would remove one of the six buttons that's the standard for classic sticks, and would mean specials can come out way faster with no startup issues.

It's kinda dumb, but if a game wants a mod button, it needs to be built with that in mind, which can also cause limitations with how many specials there can be at one time.

Go play CvsS2 EO and decide for yourself. The game allowed you to use the second analog to execute specials, supers, and so on.
It was present in the Xbox and GC versions.

Honestly, it doesn't even sound like a bad idea, just not one that's suited for the normal fighting game structure. Not that I'm any kind of expert on fighting games. I'd be interested to see a game built with that in mind, rather than tacked onto an existing formula.

it gets worse

Yeah, went and looked that up and was honestly baffled.
If it's 99% just fucking keep at it, it's half the fun. Not like changing the input will help people like him since the people that are better will just have an easier time kicking their shit in.

You don't need to 236A to jump in Mario though. Bad analogy.

it was broken though, you could spam charge projectiles because the instant input didn't require charge time.

3rd pic
The fuck is wrong with that guy? he can't understand the difference between terminology and lore?

Please put every Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Furfag Roar along with Primal Rage, MvC3, and Injustice in low or shit tier where they fucking belong, then kill yourself for making a chart that justs stifles discussion.

You don't speak for the board and nobody elected you to, fuck off.

Inputs are the least difficult thing about fightan. If you can't even pull of quarter circles and DPs with some consistency, what hope do you have of learning the more subtle strategies required for high level play?

A fireball motion is about 1% more difficult than a single button press for someone who's not mentally retarded.

It's a mess. I remember playing a match of CvS2 with my stepbrother, and all he did was spam fireballs. It's the same shit with every easy control system. You ever play Street Fighter 4 on 3DS? Online was nothing but projectile spam.

You're the one who needs to go for thinking you have authority over what the general tastes of this board are even though you don't play video games, chart faggot.

F

Which game?

Fantasy Strike

It's only a chart, user. Curb your rage for once in your life.

Good, it's a shit game.

Serves Sirlin right for making that piece of shit HD, and being an autsitic ass-hole.

>wanting attentionwhore chart fag to compile charts that just get shared on reddit and (((social media))) to bring in cancer

but that twitter post is completely valid, MvC2 has the worst ost of any fighting game, then CvS2 Euro beats get tiring really fast when combined with the annoying as fuck announcer

Y'know, the reason I tried making this chart was to pretty up an old and shitty looking one made by someone else but using the same game list, and I was hoping people would vote and give suggestions to move shit around which is why there's a big W.I.P. plastered over it. But I can see I kicked a hornet's nest with it, so fuck it, I give up.

yeah it would be wise to stop your cancer from spreading

I've already seen fags call decent games utter shit and praise shit for being good.
I've seen a post calling Jojo's Venture, one of the best licensed fighting games and a solid example of 90's Capcom, a broken piece of shit game.
The chart is shit, only because there exists people who would treat it like gospel instead of suggestions crafted by a handful of highly opinionated faggots, which is what it is.

Now that I think about it, Valle isn't that off, but that's comparing vomit to diarrhea. MVC2's music didn't fit at all (including TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!), and aside from one or two tracks in CvS2, I can barely recall any decent tracks from the CvS games (come on, CvS1's soundtrack was absolute shit).

But Jojo is broken. It's just the least broken-licensed game out there because at least New Kakoyin and Petshop require some skill.

You also count A/B publishers? I thought we only counted the AA/AAA guys.
K, then. Autumn Games is not evil.

I didn't expect meter to be that easy to build.

Why the fuck do FGC shitters only like Piccolo and Krillin? I see this shit everywhere.

If they can make animation in a fighting game, of all places, look so close as the original, why the fuck wouldn't they just use 3D models for the anime itself?
Surely it has to be cheaper than drawing, and the quality is clearly better

Related.

They're trying but it takes a lot of work to get it that close and "a lot of work" is what a studio looking to cut corners doesn't want.

Each of those models was probably about a month of work.

Yeah sure but once it's done you never have to make it again, if you draw you have to make that same character every fucking time you make a new episode

Most anime studios can't into CG.

A few can, though, video related

Jesus

i didn't either, and then i got gud (at inputs at least, i'm still super new at fighters in general). i know it sounds lame, but just practice. it's all about muscle memory. as long as you have fully functional fingers, it's doable.

You kinda do have to model everything again like clothes damage, hair physic, cuts and bruises, etc. That's why peoples prefer 2D instead of 3D, because 2D isn't solid model, animator can change anything depend on the situation like what the hair should looks like when it got wet from the rain or how your face changes from an impact of a punch.

Your video related was a major flop. Probably the biggest flop that year.

Few reasons, for Xrd and I assume DBfighterz by extension there's a lot of lighting fuckery + specialized shaders to make that lighting fuckery work, Xrd and DB fighterz without painstaking and costly effort.
Vid related is May pre shaders and post shaders doing cute may things.

I'm pretty baffled by how good this looks.

We just don't know

more diverse movepools*

One letter and not spellchecking is all it takes

drm in games

They will add more characters! Fluffy tail is next!

Too OP, nerf this friend immediately.

Good because it looks like garbage.

More balance? I think have the right game.
Ranger from EDF is a character!

You are already befriended

The way these models are made, they have hundreds of bones and other parts to animate. Even if you "only have to make it once" (which leaves the question of what to do with secondary characters and extras), you still have to animate it and ensure the lighting and shading are proper at all times. Japanese animation studios, with a few exceptions, aren't interested in doing that since it takes a shitload of money and time compared to traditional limited animation.

What's your stick?
For some reason, I have 3 HORI EX2s

You wouldn't have failed so miserably if you had asked for a consensus of the games first instead of farting out a shitty chart and then admitting you don't play fighting games. That alone gives it away you don't give a shit about anything other than being an attentionwhore faggot who thinks he can have sway over the opinions of this board, not to mention the chart would bring in all sorts of cancer.

>>>/reddit/ would be more your speed. Let someone who actually plays games do your job.

There are people who legitimately thinks like that.

For those who think like that, just try playing Injustice with "NRS inputs" and change to "motion inputs" to see the difference on neutral gameplay.

You can also see how Fantasy Strike is limited in options by having one button specials. The cooldown mechanic in Rising Thunder was a little retarded. I want to never see a game balanced on that.

You're the one so assblasted by a simple chart. And instead of discussing games that might not be featured in a regular discussion, you dismiss the entire thing and attack people who don't think like you instead of ignoring it.

As for me,

I don't think MvC3 should be high but after all these years, maybe it's just not for me with its comebacks, visuals, mechanics (like TAC) among other stuff. So, yeah, it's ok with what I know.

Basically, what said.

Because charts are shit and the chartfag has no place making a chart about shit he doesn't know about

I never attacked anyone dipshit, in fact most agree both original and revised charts are shit.

Thankfully I can since chartfag rightfully gave up.

It's because those people fundamentally don't understand what makes someone a good player beyond "he can do those inputs real fast-like". They think that if they simplified it so that you don't even need to do quarter circles that they will be able to excel and become the next Diego in no time. Let's just go past the question of how you'd have to balance a 2D fighter to have easy instant inputs and go into 3D fighters where there are actually characters in those games who have only single or double direction inputs. Virtua Fighter, a game famous for how high the skill ceiling is, has characters whose most complicated motion is something like 33, all of them are striking based characters, off the top of my head they are Lau, Brad, Jean, Jacky and Lion (not 100% sure about Lion, but I saw a shitton of Lions online so I guess he's pretty easy to play and he's striking based). When you break that skill ceiling and go from scrub-tier and mid-tier in VF you'll learn that there's little difference when it comes to execution and consistency in performing combos and the like between you and a top player, doesn't matter if you play a simple character like Jacky or a complex character like Vanessa. The things that actually matter are the fundamentals - footsies, decisions, predictions based on patterns, faking your opponent out etc.

However, the biggest mistake with stuff like Fantasy Strike is that if you make a braindead-tier fighter then you limit the amount of options, thus limiting all the things they wanted to do with the game - which is a focus on mind games and fundamentals rather than complicated inputs.

If a game like Virtua Fighter, where the most complicated motion is "something like 33" and can be considered a game with one of the highest skill ceilings, can exist, why is there such opposition to removing motion inputs? Why is it such a sore spot for fans when they hear that criticism? I think a more appropriate response to the requests to remove them is to point these people toward games that A. are good games on their own and B. lack direction-based inputs such as Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear Xrd's Simple mode, or even Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Games like Fantasy Strike only have a market where people do not realize they have a choice of games to play that match this request.

I think the answer here is not either-or. Games with traditional movement inputs and those without should coexist, and ideally a fighting game should take whatever system suits its gameplay ideas better.

First of all, the majority of characters in VF have at least a quarter circle in their moveset, second of all, you'd have to balance it differently in a 2D fighter.A 3D fighter can get away with something like that because adding the third dimension adds a new dimension (no pun intended) to how the game works and what you can do with things like sidesteps, evading, positioning and moving in the stage etc. Also, you have to take into account that 3D fighters and 2D fighters are fundamentally different, while 2D fighters have normals, specials and supers, 3D fighters don't have such a distinction in moves (though some recent 3D fighters added supers like DoA 5 and Tekken 7), rather the distinction is more along the line of normals and launchers, additionally move lists of characters in 3D fighting games are more expansive than those in 2D fighting games, especially stance-based characters like Vanessa from VF or Lei from Tekken for example. I remember in KoF PS1 ports you could assign special moves to shoulder buttons and it was a mess. Being able to do stuff like charge moves and fireballs instantly just gives you a completely different experience from having to do it legit.

Real Arcade Pro.V HAYABUSA and one of those cheap Neo Geo X sticks

You don't even have to go that far back to find an example on why it's horrible. You all remember Super Guile Fighter IV 3D?

Sounds like imageboards aren't for you. Maybe you should leave until you become 18.

Because some motions allow you to have certain properties/consequences to trying to dedicate to them. Like 3s parry vs MotW Just Defend, a parry in 3s is more dangerous because if you fuck up, you eat a lot of damage against a pro, but if you miss your JD, you'll probably still be blocking. Like a DP or a fireball needs to be an aggressive motion that makes it so you're not in a ready to block state while trying to do it. It also means you can have 6 buttons for varying strengths or other things in game, like a homing button or shielding or something.

I don't think that there can't be a game that balances around 1 button specials or something similar to that, just look at Rising Thunder. That was a decent foray. It treated the buttons as cooldowns for specials so you couldn't keep spamming them constantly by just hitting one button, but if you knew you needed it, you could just hit one button to activate it.

Oh god. It's like being able to read the Matrix. …Is it like this for all fighters? There's like five or six inputs for all the characters. Total. I'm not saying it's bad, it's more like I finally understand a core component of the game.

Pretty much, input motions have become more uniform across the genre compared to how it use to be. There are still some characters/games that have the odd unique input but you won't see something like pic related nowadays

I'm actually looking forward to it, its going to be funny seeing all these dbz spergs freaking out when they get bodied online.

Simply wonderful.
Also I'm having trouble doing straight down on a fightstick for some reason. I never used one before.

Aren't button inputs a thing because there's far too many moves for there to be a button for?

Ultranovice here, but I've always thought it was a combination of factors. Those being
and

…Not to mention that yeah, most arcade cabinets would have looked pretty silly if it was one button to one move. Not to mention, inputs take a little longer to… input than holding a button and pressing another.

It's better than what I normally see.

Imagine two power level autists in the EVO finals; fuckers charging for 5h to make it "authentic".

You guys wouldnt know a good fighting game if it smacked you in your stupid face

Congratulations, you seen the cover art for the game. Now tell me how it is as a fighting game.

B L U E B A L L E D

How do guys feel about Pokken DX?

It's alright; needs a couple more games before it starts hitting a good stride. Also fuck them for putting two Pikachus

Funny that Pikachu Lucha is not the devs fault, you can blame the Koran fans (I think it was them), well, long story short, There was a Poll to pick one of the fighters and Lucha Won.

Fucking Muslims!

But pokemon is banned in most muslim countries!

Am I the only that want Bloody Roar and Virtua Fighter to make a comeback, or is the fighting market already over saturated as it is? But even then, both these game are well known franchise and shouldn't be too hard to market them. If SNK can do it with KoF, why can't Sega or whoever owned Bloody Roar IP.

You're not, and Sega would very likely fuck it up.

Virtua Fighter will probably come back eventually, the 25th anniversary is next year and if Sega celebrated Virtual On they'll have something for Virtua Fighter.
Plus 90% of VF5:FS' dev team still works at sega, they even got back together to make sure the VF5:FS port in Yakuza 6 worked perfectly.

Bloody Roar is a lost cause tho; Konami owns the IP now.

I remember back then when Tekken and VF are direct competitor and fanboy shit talking each other on a daily basis. Good times

Fucking hell, Bloody Roar with Fox engine could be awesome but then again, its fucking Konami.

power levels were a mistake.

This needs to happen.

I'm excited to play my poison frog, croagunk/tokicroak will always be some of the coolest pokemon ever

Nope, you are not the only one that would want a new VF or BR. Hell, I would love a new Toshinden, Fighters Megamix, FV…
But, let's be honest, it will be hard.

because unique motions make characters feel different in a way that is lost with standardized simple motions or moba controls. playing ash feels completely different from playing shen which feels completely different from playing kim. doing a pegwf with a mishima fundamentally changes the way you approach tekken precisely because to motion is so difficult to do on reaction so you change the way you play neutral around it. that would be totally lost if it was just a dp or a one button ultra with a long cooldown. maybe i'm wrong but i feel like someone who approaches a fighting game with the mentality of 'the input is too hard, change it for ME' will never be good at fighting games irregardless of how difficult inputs actually are because they want to think they're good without ever having improve themselves

We hear a lot about samefaces, but not about samebodies.
Here's an example.

I'd be tempted to get this, but these cell shaded figures always look great in theory, but terrible in execution. I'd rather they just went with a regular paint job.

I wouldn't, bamco hasn't made a good quality collector's edition in years. Half the time their figures put Play Arts Kai to shame.

oh I'm not going to, though usually I'm a sucker for figures and banpresto makes some pretty good ones from time to time. Still, that paint job will ruin it. It's weird how badly the cell shaded look translates to the real world. They just haven't figured out how to make the optical illusion work.

And what a way to ruin everyone with them

I wouldn't be surprised if VF6 is revealed next year

Should I get Tekken Tag 2(Wii U) or Tekken 7(PC)?

Tekken Tag 2 is cheaper and has more content.

And also doesn't have Denuvo

The 360 version run on XBONE. If you have that console, its a way to have the game slightly improved. I think it is the best way to play it at the moment.

I love this fucking move.

Should Chun Li have got a fireball?

It gave us that first sprite so I don't mind.

Rev 2 + KOF14 are re-treads with updated graphics.

KOF14 is strictly worse than KOF98, and Xrd
is strictly worse than AC+R, put them down to mid tier.

Give her an uppercut too! Hahah

Shen Long Shoryu japaneselevelup.com/video-game-twisted-translations-street-fighter-2/>>>13296779

Oppps japaneselevelup.com/video-game-twisted-translations-street-fighter-2/
Guile hate natto

Can you please stop replying to this reddit reposting nigger already? Just like shitposters you're only giving this faggot more fuel to continue posting.

IIRC Max said on one of his streams that he paid for flights himself. He was simply invited to go play the games.

That's how you do it. No shilling!

DBFZ gameplay looks great!

Well, if younlook at most games, that's usually the case. Not really a surprise.

They're usually not shitty bodies though.

Not sure what that one will look like but these look pretty cool.

That's completely subjective. What you like is probably not what I like. But very few studios really worry to build different bodies for every character.

Tekken 7 obviously. Don't fall for the failtrolls.

'98 has awful balance 5~6 characters are gods and the rest aside from Mai doesn't really matter, full of bugs and Extra mode is pretty much useless not being able to escape throws unless you want to do infinites with EX Kyo or Brian.
There's a reason for why 98UMFE is at the top and original is not. Even if I think they made Extra mode too good with its cancels kind of deviates the "less combo friendly" the iteration had before. Nerfing Chang to hell wasn't of my liking too and Eiji is pretty retarded fuck qcb+A/C in that game. Love EX Mary though.

XIV is pretty solid and one of the most balanced of the series There's Benimaru everywhere and Villains team+Vanessa are bad but still a lot of variation between tournaments and while MAX mode canceling benefits characters that can combo rather than others like Chang. I mean, come on SNK! is still great for beginners to more advanced players.

Tekken 7 sucks, and isn't much better than SFV. It also has shitty Denuvo.

Speaking of Denuvo, guess which game is gonna have it!? It's like Capcom and Ono are trying to shoot themselves in the foot.

Falling for the Denuvo meme, amazing. At this point Capcom has shot itself in the foot so many times that it has no feet anymore.

Why do they still use that shit when it gets broken within hours?

Why is Capcom so based bros? :^)

You should ask that question to Harada when he and Namco wasted more money on updating Denuvo than making Tekken 7 better, killing the black color for weeks because MUH DENUVO.

Even if I have to beat them at their own game of pachinko, I'll try.

Why do companies hold on to IPs that they will never use? Why not just sell it to somebody that actually wants to make games?

Does he even understand that by removing commands you're effectively limiting the attack options and making the game more simple? Holding R2 to shoot a fireball means you don't have R2 for something else and needing to hold a button to fire means the opponent has more time to react fucking up the spacing game.

Tekken 7 is fucking great.

Do you really think a casual who knows nothing about the genre would understand why things are important in said genre? The worst part is that people are telling him why and he refuses to listen.

Tekken 7 has far better gameplay and better balance. If you're willing to pay for the game, the online has people playing (unlike TT2). You can play it on PC too.
TT2 has a lot of content, but most of it feels a bit cheap (unlocking endings is fun though). The tag system is good, but it can't get a bit broken at times.

Holy shit, that comment section. Is it safe to asume I2 only sells shit because of the DC fanboy faggots?
>Someone is complaining about the lack of female charact/s on the pack.
>His main argument is that having more women is a way to appeal to female players thefore selling more

Most of the classic games have awful balance, but that does not change the fact they are just as well-designed as they are 20 years after.

Again, most of the new games are the same thing but with better graphics, and usually questionable design decisions (kof14 has a bunch of useless mechanics nobody uses, Xrd is reload based around FRC, and with a bunch of new designs that are hot garbage)

I also really disagree that kof14 is good for beginners. I actually started with kof14, but when I hopped on kof98 the way that game is designed is that it forces you to learn pure KOF due to the smaller stage.

Why would women care about fighting games even if it's casualized garbage like Injustice? The only thing female characters usually appeal to is the penile brain

Almost every character actively being used by a sizable part of the player base gets reasonably good results in tournaments (see: within top 8). Hell, even fucking Eliza did good recently.
No one uses them and even then, having 3 or 4 characters that aren't as viable for high-end level is not bad balance.
The rage system works great for both new comers and high-end players (in very different ways), lower juggle damage makes for more interesting fights, even characters that look good on paper -and while being used by some of the best players in the world- can get their ass handed by statistically worse characters if the right tactic is used.

Get ready to face the wrath of our resident bear player

One person using it is irrelevant.I'm not even saying they are bad characters, just that you can't expect them to do good in tournaments if barely anyone ever uses them.

I'm perfectly fine with that.
I've been waiting for a sequel to SFEX2+ since the PS1 ages SFEX3 doesn't count, and considering that current-age Capcom is not making it, I'm feeling that there is still a future for fighting games.

I thought waifufags were insufferable but then you have these soy latte slurpers that think more vaginas automatically make everything better.

Have a little faith on SNK, Mr. Dub-Trips.

Well, I think the pack missed some neat female characters that could be there in the spot they gave to Raiden. Like said, they could have gone with some less famous characters, or they could have used it to add more DC characters, like Miss Marvel, LAdy Shiva, Raven, Grace Choi, Big Barda, Grail, Aquaman's Mom… Hell, they could even go one step further and do what EA did with the Imperfects, and maybe create a new character for Injustice 2, with the help of DC.

OR they could have added Raiden, keeping the trend of two DC character, one MK character crossing over. It's called guest characters.
Companies tend to want to make money, so adding barely known characters is not a good idea. More female characters will NOT drive up the sales.

Or they could have broken their shitty, stupid trend of having redundant characters in crossover games and had some obscure characters who happen to be women. You're fucking stupid.

Really? OK, so, you think that, maybe, if instead of Raiden they had, I don't know… Raven? Zatanna? Killer Frost? Terra? You really think that would not make it more wanted?

They add Black Manta and Red Hood already. You really think people out of the comics know those chars well enough?

Exactly. The story mode is done, they can go crazy now.

Do you really want to see ugly versions of them though?

Frankly, I think they could only improve them after Injustice 1.

Oh shit, I forgot about that Raven and Zatanna. I don't think they could make them look worse than that.

Static would have been better than Raiden. I might have actually bought this piece of shit if he was in it.

Agreed.

What is your opinion on tier lists?
Jam's panties change depending on what day of the week it is and what color you're using.

Who is the hardest Tekken character to master and why is it Nina?

Tekken 7 has a more active online community but lacks anything outside of fighting people.
Tag 2 imo is worse for fightan people however has much more content and a 10x better OST. I don't like the tag system tbh.

I have never understood people's obsession with pantie designs.

They're neat and useful for people who've chosen characters to understand the game, but I think people take them too seriously. I wouldn't tell someone not to play Potemkin because he's "low tier."

A while ago I was talking with an acquaintance at my LGS about fighting games; he was very excited about Baiken in Rev 2 because he played Slayer and Potemkin and hated them being low tiers. I told him how a Slayer player had won Anime Ascention recently, and how Slayer is the best character in the game if he ever gets within arm's reach of you. He gave me this sour look before going off about tier lists, about how all Slayer's matchups are 8-2 at best, this and that. It should come as no surprise he was an SFV apologist as well.

Point is, you don't want to be that guy, and the prevalence of tier lists can encourage people to be that guy. Of course, that isn't the fault of the lists, so I can't really blame them.

Depends on the game really. Tier lists, to me, only really matter when you're fighting someone of equal skill level. A new person playing a high-tier character fights an experienced player playing a low-tier character probably doesn't stand a chance. Hell, even with two experienced players fighting playing the opposite ends of the tier list, it's possible for someone playing the shittiest character to win with superior tactics.

Point being you're a little bitch if yo play high tier characters and only real men play bottom tier or mid tier.

what if I find a character I like that just so happens to be top tier?

I think there's a difference between that and picking a character because they're high tier.

It really does depend on the game and how balanced it is. I remember at EVO '12 an El Blaze player got second place in the Virtua Fighter tournament and El Blaze is considered bottom tier. I remember there being a lot of Shuns in top 8, who isn't top or even high tier, but he IS just above the line where there's considered to be a noticeable gap between characters.

This day has been great

That motherfucker deserved to have his shit taken

Nothing will ever top the story of the Smash player who flew to New York, bet his airfare back in a money match, lost the money match, and had to live in New York for two months to make it back.

I have zero sympathy for him, he used Kula/Beni/Iori. If you're gonna use such a template team you deserve to lose all your food money for the week.
I even fucking told him my team a week in advance and he still lost

Which team did you play?

Sylvie/Ryo/Maxima

My melanin enriched individual

I'll be honest; I only really use him whenever Takuma isn't in the game.

Noice

Good job, user.

You play the character you enjoy playing and that's that.
On a side-note: Is there any Asuka-Lili pure love porn out there?

Did you with your Mian air-dasher?

90% is of Lili raping Asuka cos blondie is a lesb and other is straight.

I can't play Mian, Nelson or Chin to save my life.
I know how to deal with Mian, but god damn if I'm forced to use her I basically play on the same level as a drunken toddler.

Heh Lili finally modded

Nice, following claim she probably raped her first, then took her clothes.

embedding hive mind

Nelson's side-switching combos are hype but the execution needed. I can't do it….yet.

Is KOF:Destiny worth watching?

It's the thumbnail

*back to doing SF4 Evil Ryu loops*

the 3d models are pretty rough and the animations outside the fights occasionally look stiff, but outside that it's been a pretty good watch so far. The dialogue, music and fight scenes have been top notch.

Kill yourself.

Menat in about 5-6h.

I dont trust Tingle, but I'm hoping its not another joke character.

It's gonna be Sagat.

Why do you hate Sagat so much?
Did he kill your parents or something?

Yes, he killed my OYAGI- Dan Hibiki.

Perfect.

Its supposed to that witch I think, trailer coming up soon

Yeh it was menat, she looks pretty cute at least.

Easily the most interesting of the season 2 characters, but that's a pretty low bar. She looks like a discount Venom, which at least has the possibility of cool gameplay. Her super is pretty underwhelming in spite of how cute she is, though.

Shame it took them 18 months to get one character in the game that doesn't look like trash.
She should have been the character Capcom revealed at Evo to avoid public humiliation.

She actually doesn't look like shit. Shame they're too late

Holy shit Capcom.
Anyway, the new character is qt and could be interesting to watch.

I can't help but think the poor girl got Mike Z'd. CoJ just having fun making a Shuten Douji knock off wearing nothing but a gold microkini and jewelry then CoA barged in "COVER THE KAFFIR WHORE!"
Still, it's a good first impression.

Zeku's the next and last for S2. S3 will kick off with Sagat and Sakura.

She doesn't belong in the game. She somewhat looks interesting

There is a thing called nostalgia goggles you should take off.

'98 has better normals and somewhat retarded hitboxes like the infamous Daimon's df.C and Chris's j.CD while XIV is more in line with 2002 hitboxes and still play "neutral in KOF" unlike XI or XIII that have their own approach.
But '98 is way more strict on its inputs that will make someone playing on a pad destroy its fingers trying to constantly do Kyo's rekkas. And I'm not even talking about specific stuff like buffering tricks for Orochi Chris's links or "invisible" whiff cancelling with Mature and other characters.

I'm not discussing Xrd because I'm not well versed in Guilty Gear and I found Danger Time pretty retarded. Still waiting for a good sale because May is fun

Is that a 2D version of Viola from SCV?

Imagine if you were a decent fighting character and your debut was in a piece of shit game implying they don't fuck her up somehow

She looks interesting, but her outfits really suck. Almost tempting to pirate to play as her…until she's doomed to shit tier like the rest of the dlcs. Why is a trailer with the max setting running at 30 fps?

I like the skintight clothing, personally; the way her navel is framed by jewelry is pretty lewd, and she still shows plenty of leg. The wider angle shots in the trailer do give her that kind of bland, pseudo-MMA fighter look that many PC women in fighting games these days have, but the silk shawl and gold decorations give her an exotic look.

Her battle costume is only a few degrees away from MK9 Mileena, too, which should count for something.

I didn't remember her name, but that's who I was thinking of.

It was some nobody channel who sniped the upload. Embed related should be higher quality.

She has and orb and setup stuff. But I think she'll be a heavily toned down version due to how SFV is.

I was thinking Amakusa but I want to pretend SCV never happened.

Personally, they all remind me of something else but with the fun sucked off.

Fair enough but there's already Juri for that. Heck! She wears two body suits.

Side note, just realized the trailer didn't show a stage for her. Makes me wonder if this wasn't rushed out given the leaf fiasco.

I am so glad I didnt buy it

I hope they give her an Anubis outfit.

what song is this

Seems like her design is aimed at foot fetishists.
I don't play the game but i look forward for the fan art.

Doubtful. Only the Battle and Story costumes are character specific, anything else she gets will be part of some pointless themed set.

Someone just fuckin' nuke that place already.

nuke tyresö first, I wanna die but im too much of a pussy to kill myself.

It begins.

The more I look at it the worse it gets.

That was fast. Can't blame them though, she is a real qtie.

Nice double dubs, but why is she the only character with normal foot/hand size?

Ibuki is rokurokubi. Deepest lore.

Floodgates are open. Probably going to dry out in a couple of weeks if non-XNALara Laura and Kolin are of any reference.

Nah she's a Kappa;

I actually like the super.

Pretty much this. They're all lackluster.

Here's a reminder they botched up Abigail's trailer.

You know will ruin it.

The refugees are doing it; one truck and snuff-rape stream at a time.

She's the only decent character…until Ono ruins her when he sees her rising fanbase.

That's an insult to kappas all over Japan.

Oh right, the V-Trigger thing. But haven't looked at it more attentively, Kolin doesn't have a stage of her own either. Sexism is real.

Another reason to drop it; then again, roaches supposedly can survive a nuke.

NEW THREAD