CUHRAYZEE

I haven't seen a cuhrayzee thread in a while, so here's one.

This summer I got MGRR in the Steam Summer Sale, and I'm stuck in this fag's boss fight. I quit playing for a couple of weeks and decided to take him on again, seems like I've forgotten how to parry properly. Apart from knowing how to parry, is there anything that can make this boss fight less painful?

I was also wondering what other games in this genre could I pick up after I'm done with Raiden's little adventure. I have El Shaddai, but that feels much more relaxed.

You can use the full Pincer combo on the start of the fight when he's taunting you to deal massive damage. Other than that, git gud

Learning to use the offensive defense dodge is really useful to counter his charging strike during the last part of the fight. Also he is really good at countering ninja run hits so don't even try those.

Just on a first playthrough? Revengeance really shouldn't be giving you trouble until the Very Hard difficulty. When you're parrying him, don't forget that you have to parry four successive hits and input every parry individually, you can't just parry one time. That's the only thing I could think of that you might be doing incorrectly.

Alternatively, if you're having trouble getting parries to come out and they frequently come out as regular attacks instead, know that following up a heavy attack with a parry makes it more likely to interpret that button press as another light attack in the combo instead of a parry. You need to get used to blade-canceling (switching to Blade Mode for a split second) so you can get reset yourself to an idle stance and get parries to come out more reliably.

You go back and play older games in the genre like Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe instead of jumping straight into the newer ones, although it's true MGR is one of the most accessible ones there is.

Don't try anything fancy with him because he's fast enough to get away from almost anything you've got when he's not taunting; stick to normal weak and strong attacks. He counters blunt strikes like the triangle-kick done in midair with a heavy-hitting throw when unarmed, and in general is deceptively dangerous when unarmed. Remember how to parry and you can parry quite a lot of his attacks.

It's called Revengeance.

Are you playing with a controller or keyboard?

Metal gear rising revengeance AKA MGRR. Most anons here just call it MGR though.

If you're ready to embrace the casual within, you can always grind VR and buy the white armor that starts you off with five nanopastes. Otherwise, do what the other anons said and use the dodge/git gud

Plebs

remember, you can animation cancel the recovery of the parry.
In fact. There is no recovery.
Each attack requires it's own parry.
You don't need to wait between each strike, just hit that parry input soon as the first strike happens

also pic related is the latest image I've seen

this.

when you learn to parry you'll be able to use Moon of Mahaa-kala in Bayonetta and Royal Guard in DMC which are essential for looking great and good combo's

vid related is one thing you can do with the Royal guard

I beat him on my second try. After I learned his moves it was so easy I almost felt bad. And then I got fucked by Armstrong, left the game for a week, and by the time I came back I forgot how to play and never finished the game

Unless I've really forgotten something, Just Block isn't directional like the Revengeance parry is, only Release is.

When is that ever coming out?

I struggled with both.
Sam is the true parry tutorial of this game.
Armstrong I felt was bullshit because of all the fire shit in the floor and other unpredictable bullshit
Then you learn his pattern.

Also while we're at it, how exactly do you avoid damage from excelsius' leg/arm drop attack.
Even parrying it does damage, is it from defensive/offensive?

Yea you use defensive offensive to avoid damage in that fight.

I hated Excelsius, I always fucked up the laser part as well. The camera doesn't help

My problem was mostly that I had only 1 ration left and he kept killing me when throwing the buses

if you're on about armstrong himself you gotta use zandatsu unless their's a part I've forgot

Keyboard at first, but I switched to a DS4, used to it by now, couldn't even parry with the keyboard.

Yeah, I tried hitting him with the Pincer at the beginning, could only hit him twice. In fact, the tactic that I felt was the most effective and comfortable was hitting him twice with the Pincer, and then jumping away from his attacks. Got him down to 44%, then he started doing weird shit and I died.

First playthrough indeed. I have trouble parrying his successive slashes, I can only parry one or two before he wrecks my shit, can't even do defensive offense after two parries while he's doing that.

NEVER
EVER

do god hand next, cabrón

Armstrong only throws boulders you have to ZIMBABWE if I remember right.

On a controller you can spam flick the stick forward to parry 100% of the time

just reminds me of how it's a block rather than a dodge

posting another DMC4 block video

I had no health packs left myself. I just had to dodge the busses, it was either bullshit or my ps2 controller couldn't handle the the nuanced angle.

A shitload of healing items drop when you sepukku everything he throws Had a problem with that at first too but like all other bossfights it forces you to git gud at one of the game mechanics

how do I do that?

Holla Forumsstyle Tournament when?

If, for some reason, you didn't get the defensive offense move (which is basically a dodge that you execute by pressing A+X), you need it for that fight. You're going to need it even more for the next boss fight, so you might as well get it (and get used to using it) now.

I did, refer to

Then just keep practicing, I guess. There's nothing left but to git gud. Maybe try some VR missions, see if that helps.

it was a knockoff ps2 controller with a usb adapter. I'm pretty sure it just couldn't keep up.

I beat hard mode without whatever you're talking about. Parry is all you need and isn't even hard to do over and over again once you learn the timing.

presuming he means parry (move stick forward), bring it back to default then do it again but fast

one day, I've been practicing some Vergil moves

do we have enough people here to do one? it'd be cool if we could.

You can lock him down pretty hard if you use Monsoon's subweapon. Other than that learn to parry, it's not that hard

Anyone who is into CUHRAYZEE shit should be hype for this game.

See, there's the problem with using "cuhrayzee" as the term for these games, it doesn't mean just any game with high visual spectacle. I'm excited for AC7 too but come on.

Only ones I've been practicing a lot recently are W101 and DMC3, don't know what game everyone would agree on. Probably DMC4SE.

The only way to beat this game is to understand the….

RULES OF NATURE

this is because nobody here at neo/v/ are any good at video games. People who got gud, Mike Kobayashi, stayed on cuckchan because are totally cool with tranies raping their bunghole.

lol

It's not just the visual spectacle, the shit you do in these games are fucking bonkers. You're fighting massive laser towers, giant arrays of guns made to shoot down meteors, flying through tunnels to shoot multiple nukes, desperately flying to intercept and stop a orbital nuclear missile launch system before it collides with a city, along with being the 2nd coming of plane Christ. If that doesn't count as CUHRAYZEE then I don't know what does.

I guess that's why you stayed here?

Well, some amount of mechanical complexity for one thing. What you're talking about is still just on the background concept of the game, it doesn't mean you can get crazy with the gameplay.

yes, I don't want my asshole raped by mentally ill men in drag.

But you DO. The maneuvers players are able to pull in these games are absolutely insane when you compare them to anything vaguely realistic. Not to mention the entire point of the gameplay is to make you feel like a badass ace pilot. Once again, I don't see how this doesn't fit.

And here we have one of the first of many faggots who dont know what the term means and tries to insert other shit into it. Other faggots will pop up with "the term hasnt been clearly defined!" even though anons before somehow knew what games it applied to

The game you are talking about is crazy. The genre we are talking about is cuhrazy. It's very simple.

That's what you get when you use memes to define a genre. People can't into long-term thinking and expect newfags to not be newfags and honestly, you can't even blame it on newfaggotry. It's a bad term to use in any serious way.

For Armstrong there is one move that can transform the fight from bullshit hard to piss easy, and that is Defensive Offensive. It's especially good when he turns gold and rushes at you to grab you, a move that can't be parried and has a huge hurtbox, it's also good to create distance between you and him so you can avoid some of his attacks. I discovered this move on my second playthrough at the highest difficulty you could attain on a second playthrough, when fighting him, and it turned a very hard battle that would wreck my anus, into a snooze fest.

Is God of War crazy?

It's considered to be baby's first cuhrayzee game, and while there is nothing inherently wrong with playing such games(everybody must start from somewhere), don't think you're tough shit for beating such games.

Am i retarded for being bad in Bayonetta? I feel like im missing something, sort of like the MGR parry that's never explained, is there something like that in this game? The game keeps getting harder, and all i do is try to time witch time dodges, and them mash buttons for the basic hair stomp combo. Is there some way of replenishing health without items? What about that purple power indicator or whatever in the top right?

*top left

Hold down the attack buttons while dodging
There is an item that gives you a bit of health back every time you taunt
If you fill that up enough you get to launch torture attacks to oneshot enemies, if you get hit you lose some of it

Could be

In all cases just stick the guns on both slots and practice with a handful of combos (namely PKP, PPPKKK and PPKKK) until you're ready for actually hard to pull off things / hard to use weapons.
Just with the basics you have enough to get through the game without any real difficulty including alfheim and hardmode, from that point on it's really about you wanting to stick to boring and practical or harder but more stylish.
If you really can't get a good feel the slowest weapon in hte game is kilgore just slap that in both slots and practice with that instead, downside is even being mildly good with that destroys the game.

You nigger deserve an assrape by Monsoon!

I think MGR should be in the beginner section along with Vanquish instead of Bayo and DMC4. They're much friendlier to new players, since blade mode lets you bullshit your way through MGR and Vanquish provides familiarity/a way to take breaks behind cover. For myself, even after mastering DMC3 I still got my shit pushed in by Bayo 1 through the whole game (granted my first playthrough was on hard difficulty because I thought I was hot shit). My roommates also got their shit kicked in on normal mode, so it's definitely not the game to start with.

Also,

Thanks, i'll try it.

All of the explanation is one horribly translated sentence by the russian guy, that is drowned in whatever the fuck is going on at the time, and even if listened to doesn't explain what you really have to do.

The tutorial taught me how to parry and blade wolf made sure you knew how to parry. You dont get to cry about missing game mechanics if you skip the tutorial

Anyone else tried playing this on easy? It's basically a more realistic version of the game - but it has absolutely not the slightest amount of challenge. Raiden parries pretty much automatically even if there are like 10 enemies attacking. In boss fights you won't get hit not even once if done properly and the game feels like you're truly playing as the badass unstoppable Ninja Cyborg.
I know, but at least try it. The game makes a little bit more sense. Why would anyone other than the bosses be a threat to Raiden? On easy nothing is a threat but you can still die in boss fights if you go full autismo.

Nah.

What did he mean by this?

You stupid nigger just described life and early videogames perfectly. Scrubs like you are spoonfeeded with maggot infested shit and even gladly accept it!
Few years earlier you would be bullied out from here!

I don't know if they're ranked by beginner-friendliness, just by obscurity. It does say they're the most popular and readily available entries, not the easiest ones.

I would like to point out Kamiya had nothing to do with DMC3 and DMC4, it was Itsuno who directed them, which is why you find a lot of his later works are not as deep action games.

It's not like i didn't beat the game with ease, the mechanic just wasn't fucking explained properly. "Perform a light attack in the direction of the incoming attack" doesn't entail that you have to tilt the stick in the exact moment of attacking, it just means attack in the direction, which is not how you parry.
This is not at all comparable, it's like a secret mechanic with no hint of it being there and once you find it the whole game becomes more or less a cheesefest. Why are you so mad about the nips not getting their translations right?