Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30117
pastebin.com/fngyh23a
tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12711
github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So… the serber lives for now?

It's just as alive as it was a few weeks ago, we still get 6-10 people at most currently.

As I understand it, Chaos stepped down because he felt that his presence on the admin team was scaring away longterm players that knew him, so he did so to encourage more player turnout. His payment for the server ends around Nov 1st, at which point we'll see if 8chanserverhost is footing the bill or what

That's a funny way of saying 16.
Least I've seen for an hours length was 3. Also:

MICE MUST EAT TO MULTIPLY, OR RIOT

the coder who did mice is MIA

if you see Auron1213 please let him know that he's missed

I know a thing or two about coding 3rd year software engineering student How would I be able to get involved in developing for the server?

YES, FINALLY.

get in contact with 8chanserverhost

github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station
Set up git
make a commit
then make a pull request

I'm dying here.

I know a similar pain.
I wanted to play spessmen but the people that are there right now are Holla Forums tier
I'd be disappointed if I wasn't so confused.

Be the change you want to see, faggot. Remember that the server was public a few days ago, too. They might just be newfags that need breaking in

Easier said than done.
Tell me, what purpose is there to cuffing, gagging, and stuffing a man in a locker? No words, no explanation, no rp. Just got out of arrivals, and was jumped by two weird ass mooks in cahoots.
Five minutes in, and the spess equivalent of a softlock. Reminds me of Halo Reach. I made the mistake of wanting to play Griffball after the community had died.

Wow so fun

Consider Ahelping that shit. Being a dick and taking people out of the round for literally no reason, without antag or in lowpop, is grounds for getting banned.

Oh hey a interesting PR
> github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30117

highest i've seen is 10 and least i've seen is just me so 0

Enforced Roleplay is something I always wanted in the server, but I'm unsure on how it would affect the community. I know for a fact some people would be upset about the enforcement of roleplay, making it important in some certain mechanics ingame would make the server less focused on playing the game and more focused on roleplaying a job.
And of course, if anyone is being a shitter, adminhelp it. Our hard-working hotpockets should be there to assist any problems.

why enforce it if the only ones who don't roleplay are probably homosexuals who were banned from hippie and come to murderbone the only 2 players, like shitlers from examples above

If you roleplay, others will either cringe and run away, because you are doing it wrong, or they will feel the need to respond, that's how you enforce roleplay

But sure can't wait for a rule saying you get permed if your emote/minute count is less than 10

Sorry pal, the only emote I tolerate in our great ss13 server is the only good emote.
:^)

I wish I could play this on mobile

I tried to play through WINE but kept getting a blackscreen when I connected to hippie, it seems this is a common issue on all platforms and has no clear solution. Anyone have a suggestion or am I just boned?

Enforcing role play sounds like a mess. I imagine it wouldn't stop most powergaymers/shitters, because they can always come up with a reason to what they're doing if they're not retarded. Not to mention, would suck to be on low pop with an admin on and maybe 1 or 2 other people. OOC happens a fair amount then.
I really just want to see powergaymers taken care of first. After that people can start to worry about if Bozo the clown is perfectly in character or not

Okay, I understand your point. But here comes the dire question.
How do you implement a way to stop powergaming?

By banning them. better yet, by people using Ahelp and calling them out and than having them banned, or at least gibed

[low-effort reeeee'ing]

WINE is shitty for this. I've no idea why, as all the things that make BYOND work are fine on WINE, it's just this particular combination doesn't.
A VM with windows xp/7 should be fine. You don't need to bother with a graphics card passthrough.

This post gets a solid :/ tbh

Public shaming works well. Bully them until they learn or leave.
Most of the regulars here have gotten to the point where powergaming is so easy that it's boring, so we act like idiots to make others do something.

From my experience as head admin Ahelps are few and far between. I also dislike straight up banning people for minor inconviences. Dealing with situations in IC is much better.
You either have the ability to tell the powergaming niggers to straight up stop or implement a way to prevent powergaming. Both will usually fail. Also we'll see alot more complaints in the thread, which is usually funny to me.

It isn't a new git. If you use the old one, it relocates to that one. Its only because chaos gave me ownership of it.
I usually do see regulars powergaming aswell, but not in the usual way. If you pay close attention, a majority of the regulars who do powergame use medical to its highest efficiency, to the point where it breaks the game.

Nice.

You get more complaints in here because you have the anonimity. If someone whinges about a ban in-game, you can see their Ckey and might recognise that they whinge a lot, but on here they can cycle an IP and you're not likely to recall every situation/conflict and the Ckeys involved.

Everyone that's been around longer doesn't need to ahelp as they can be even bigger shitters and fuck the powergamers/pubbies over even more.

It would be extremely kind if they could ahelp a lot more often. I usually play the game when I'm administrating, so I don't get to see all of the cases that happen.

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

I don't understand why do you people here talk like powergaming is a main problem here. People who attack others without any justification, without being antag are just regular shitters, rule-breaking players. Powergaming, as I understand it, has nothing to with this. It does not help that it does not have any clear definition. You should focus on intent of individuals instead of trying to ban actions themselves. Even if those faggots in post had some IC justification, but were not antags and attacked to kill or completely disable, they still should be banned.

there's a ways of dealing with this problem, the first is to make everything that much harder to achieve, ie make hacking harder, put the spare in a safe, make the armoury much harder to get into. as well as making it so that carrying the armory in a normal back pack of any kind, slows you the fuck down and then just add "ammo" for lasers to make them not entirely useless. as well as make the captains laser old and faulty since it's supposed to be an antique as in after a certain amount of shots it randomly stops working and you have to hit it afew times to get it to work, furthermore more stun counter options.

the biggest issue is that powergamers always go into the round and know actually what they want to do and only that and it takes less then a minute to have everything they need to achieve what they want to do. an rp player usually goes with the flow cept when cancer happens

it ruins the game tbh, if one person powergames then everyone else has to follow in suit or just have a terrible time because they'd be at the mercy of people who powergame which isn't the point of the game what so ever, it's a role playing game sure we're light rp but that doesn't mean no rp what so ever. not to mention that when you only care about your fun in low pop, you'll only drive other people out and if that happens you're usually just left alone which means you'll more then likely dc out.

thats for admins to handle

thats a shitty design philosophy
sure go ahead nerf guns, they'll just make fucking stunprod or will go make lexorin
how about we have a playerbase that doesn't behave like a bunch of niggers instead

Wait are you saying that we'll never add a impossibly restrictive set of gameplay mechanics that you can't possibly hope to follow as a
But anyways that is nothing of the short. Non-powergamers will never have to bumrush the captain safe or the armory, so why would normal players have trouble with it?

adding more time consumption to powergamers helps everyone, the good and the bad really.
they don't stun on throw it so they're manageable
that's an issue with chem being EZ and the fact that it's easier to just break into chem and make it rather then try to ghetto it someplace else, it highlights the problem of lack of alternatives more then anything I'd say.

I'd say that most of our regs are fine and the ones which aren't don't play much because of identity politics. the real issue is when we're on the hub and to that we can only fix them via making our code base the best codebase possible and then subtly channeling how they act via gameplay changes

Just visited the yogstation because why not and curious.
It sucks shit. Some nice QoL things but…….
KROKODIL DOESN'T EVEN TURN YOU INTO A BONE MAN JUST A DUMBASS ZOMBIE THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Also
Rule 0.2: Don't be a bigot.

how do I git gud?

learn core mechanics of engineering, medical, and combat and then interact with your fellow niggers/don't be a non-fellow nigger

got basics of medical and I fucked around cargo before that

Learn botany and steal a syringe gun. You can make shit that is so much more deadly than even the traitor poison kit with just a few plants plus you get access to 45burn leafs.

Sadly, anything you make to curb powergamers also affects everyone else.
This means that you're also nerfing regular players and also including mechanics that people might not like.

For instance, it'd be trivial to make your backpack actually slow you down depending on what equipment it has stored in it. We could even use your whole inventory for this, so carrying 3 backpacks (back and 2 hands) would make you crawl slower than just Walking.

But would the regulars like the restriction of being slowed down by equipment? I'm not so sure, and this would happen for every kind of feature.

Ultimately, you don't change the game to suit the shitty
players in it, you set the game up as to how you'd like it to be and everyone that dislikes it can go play somewhere else.
And the few tards that insist on being the cog that won't fit MUST be kicked out.

I can't emphasize this enough, they absolutely MUST be banned and removed. They will not change how they play the game and they will always be incompatible with the rest of the userbase.
This isn't even about the rules, you'll have to kick them even when they broke no rules (because tip toeing faggots are a thing)

It's never about some hard set concept on what's allowed and what isn't, it's never about covering every situation with a rule.
It's about deciding what kind of server you want and kick everyone that doesn't fit in it. Rules and gameplay are just tools to enforce that, but should they not suffice, you absolutely must ban them regardless.

In the end, it's something they force on you. Either allow the shitters but lose everyone else or kick the shitters, regardless of how autistic they rage afterwards. There is no choice, they pretty much remove it from the table.

And those 2 shitters are just the same ones that have always been here, just get a new admin for the timezone that they join up and StealhMin to fuck them up

We (read: me) need a new R&D pastebin. I've got an old one from like 4 years ago.

Few nights ago on Lovecraft's birthday I typed out a little booklet I posses on the /tg/ food thread.
Anything of value for potential bar recipes?

no ebil raciums allowed

read the code to figure out how to the better things

I used to and I was very good at fucking them tbh, the issue with having the armour in your pocket is that in doing so you're actually limiting everyone else so adding weight would force of a choice of weapon rather then "yeah everything would be fine"

someone was on doing that

that looks great tbh

Please do keep us updated on any new versions, please.

New versions? I believe you misunderstand, the thing is from the 70's, I just put it on the web.
If you guys make new Lovecraftian mixes, I might compile them?

hi we're hosting a game of CM hunter games here's the IP:
byond://109.157.107.128:7272

Excusing this low energy post here, i'm the host of this temporary server.
If you feel like taking out your excess rage please join and shoot some dumbass in the head! it's perfectly fine.

If you would, please post the source, and/or new compilations anons compile.

I'll pick up the server costs when it drops. Mentioned it a few times OOC already. 8host would recognize my ckey as I've played plenty the past couple months.

I don't wanna see the server die. This fucking autistic mess is the most fun I've had with a game in a while.

THE COMPLEAT LOVECRAFTIAN BAR GUIDE
YOU GOOBER

I'll still be fine keeping on paying for the server and not being in any kinda position if 8ch can't host his own

T. Chaosyourgod

Cool man. All memes aside sorry to see ya go.

that's all I wanted to do in the first place actually

At some point, I want to do a once-over on the bartender and make sure all the IBA drinks are there

Will you still play though?

as soon as my roles are gone yes

is this just the cycle? I could depend on at least 6 on weekday nights. Now it's just noone almost.

seems like it various and don't forget people do get bored and play something else for awhile

Added 16 gradual overlays for "eye damage" (the checkerboard effect) instead of just the standard two. Eg, welding masks or getting eyestabbed with a screwdriver.

Can also combine it with the radial overlay as well to limit vision

I never liked that you can see 360° in ss13

Why the fuck don't you limit the vision to like 110° so behind you is black?

keep it cummies

fallout13 is like that, it's fucking cancer

You can't shoot or interact with something directly behind you when you're running away from something, completely breaking combat mechanics.
There are ways to sneak past people's vision even when in plain sight. If you have problems finding them on your own, just ask for advice about that in OOC or whatever

You should be able to lock your view and run backwards obviously. These are features which were implemented into ss13 swrvers years ago

Not really. You can't move into a direction without looking directly towards said direction. You can make the appareance that you are "looking" at another place while moving by clicking an area with an open hand or whatever, which rotates your player character, but this doesn't work if you can't look at the area you want to rotate towards.

Black/invisible tiles are treated as complete no-interaction zones in this game, meaning you can't even use them with your mouse to rotate your character, you have to ctrl+arrowkeys to rotate without moving instead; it should be obvious that since it's no-interaction, you also CAN'T shoot at them because you technically can't even click on them in the first place.
To make directional vision, you have to make tiles that are "behind you" into no-interaction zones, which makes your camera ignore them and thus makes them pitch black. I believe there exists other techniques that don't make areas into no-interaction zones, but the downside of them is that you can hover your mouse on the tiles and check the item.name at the bottom left to know exactly what's in that tile, or right click them.

No literally the implementation is to have a view lock button that makes it so you can press arrowkeys without turning. So you just press the arrowkey towards your blind spot and you run backwards.

And yes obviously you shouldn't be able to interact with something behind you without urning around. Try shooting a gun at a target behind your back.

borgs should still have 360 vision tbh

Unless the view-lock is avaible in your interface ie THE HUD as a huge, highly visible button and not a shitty verb in IC tab like other servers have it, then yeah it would be okay. I still don't like how obtuse it would be and would only add another layer of bullshit if your enemy happens to be faster than you and goes to your blindside. Kinda reminds me of mech combat, except you're not in a hulking 300hp beast that can take a beating before becoming a wreckage.

I was actually intending on releasing a server yesterday when this thread was born, sadly, one of our poor codekikes didn't get the memo and didn't post it in the thread's OP.
Our new server, which will be linux Which is only possible thanks to honk, since I am only an amateur in regards of Linux OSes should be the next threads IP.
Chaos, Please don't pay for the server, We're not going to die despite this rough patch of lack of players.

I like the 360 vision. Removing 90 degrees might make the game less fun and more realistic, but that is not what we're currently trying to focus on.

Are there any major differences between this codebase and /tg/station? I've only ever played there, but I kinda want to check out this serber.

That's putting it lightly

idk maybe if captain would actually need his spare he'd have to crack the safe
or literally anyone else because it's always lowpop and having to hack every door is uncool

if powergayming isn't such a big problem then why do anything about it
it's a community problem which you just can't fix with code (without fucking everyone over at least)

got 2 weeks ban there for calling someone a jew for stealing my shit
just read "yog" backwards and you'll get it

learn all basic jobs and find the one you like, play until you master it, move on to the next, pay attentions to others, maybe you'll learn something cool, learn to read code to discover shit very little people know and for accurate numbers

as far as i know, this is an older version of tg. it may lack some things nuTG has, but it's easy to adapt to
also there's a bunch of new features here

it's already been paid for up till the end of September so at the very least I'd prefer not to have that wasted please

there's alot of different things but they're subtle as it were

every major problem with the game is a result of a different baseline problem which "isn't such a big problem" so because of that you have codebases/servers fixing symptoms with streamlining/causalizing rather then actually do the proper work sorting out the roots. you can say it's a community problem and I'd disagree purely because the community is reflexive of the codebase they play on, as in you'll find /tg/ to be powergaming central five minute antag hunts but in /bay/ you'll see more hardcore roleplaying.

we just need something that stands out in between those ends of the spess spectrum

I'm not a clever man, after all.

new shift

could it be because tg is shit and bay on bay you get permed for doing anything slightly agressive
like i said, you can change code to 'fix' unwanted behaviour but you will also fuck over literally everyone else, because it's a community problem, which can't be properly fixed through code

It's a cycle that feeds unto itself.
You have a playerbase where the majority plays a certain way, so the code will develop to cater to them. Everyone that dislikes it will eventually move away, new players that like it will stick and before long you have a playerbase that fits the code and a code that fits the playerbase.

This seems kinda obvious for old and well established servers that already went through this cycle multiple times, but newer servers haven't.
Those are still populated by different people that want different things and until the code changes to reflect what was chosen, they'll all stick around, causing all sorts of problems when they clash together.

Mind you, this doesn't apply to shitters. Those will never be compatible with any playerbase, the best example of a station that suits them is something like Nox with the predictable results it got.

well I mean that in /tg/ everything is easy to do and that there's little in the way of role playing mechanics that get in the way and that in bay everything is harder to do and there's more in the way of role playing mechanics, so like a fast codebase and a slow one. I'd like ours to be a medium codebase as it were

well the issue with shitters is another thing entirely and not =/= as powergaming

Goons are subhumans. How much you wanna bet the sensitive snowflake admin, hukhukhuk, is an actual aids ridden faggot?

At least this Grin. I like this Grin.
I've been getting my feet wet in the colonial marines server. I have more than half a mind to cause trouble with the Corporate Liaison job.

Found the problem

Server dead?

kebabs have won serb is kill

Protip: next time this happens unbuckle the assistant and shove him over. You can move over people who are down. Lie down so others can cram in.

Why not just prevent players from stuffing more than 1 weapon into a bag?

That solves the real issue of carrying the armory in your backpack, and you can still just dump it in a locker and drag it if you need to transport it badly.

I did that and shoved them both into a locker.

Quite the monkey business you got up to.

oh it wasn't me, just reposting, I think I did watch that round though

Either way we both waste money in the situation If you've paid for another month

another after September? nope not unless it's needed and I have awhile till I get the option to anyways

Anything else it could be used for?
Test server perhaps, to easily see if code ports and stuff need tweaking. Station map changes. All the stuff you guys recompile on the weekends, but without inconveniencing players at all.

Nah, I was going to swap it when the new thread came along.
When in september does it die?

Not many of our changes would require a test server, and compiling on the server is usually required to run the updated codebase.

you don't need a whole server to test shit, could host something else maybe

I imagine nov 1st

In that case, If the server doesn't get swapped, I lose money, meanwhile if it doesn't, you do.
You could use the server as a spare for the meanwhile, I suppose.

ah carry on then and swap it then, I thought you were going to use another machine you owned and not rent it like I did

I originally was going into that direction with honkstation but europoors will have a hard time connecting to an australian server, and my upload speed is fucking trash so i'd rather not.
The new server is in Jew York, so everyone has a decent connection to it.

yeah that'd work out well, are you going to rename it?

I could name it to Honkstation for nostalgia purposes, but faggots might think its a new server I don't know if thats a good thing or not. I'll do it because it'll be funny to me.

well it is a new server, so renaming it would be fine if you really want, although considering how long it took us to name 8station and get a new lobby imagine for it I'm unsure if it's worth it

Don't worry I'll get him to remake the lobby :^)

tbh new lobby imagines tbh

so it doesn't really solve the issue of carrying the armory with you, it's just that you can't do it with your backpack

pulling a locker around with you has alot more risk to it, so it's a fine trade off

if you can't take the armory with you, the next best thing to do is space it so nobody else gets it, meanwhile you're the only one with guns
i think that's what a powergaymer used to do on some other server

unless he really goes out his way to place it in space that isn't easy to see by merely a once around the station then that's abit harder but not impossible, the thing I'd issue with would if he poly acid it all

smh tbh fam

I haven't been reading the threads for a week or so, what's going on? Are we swapping serbs or are there now 2 serbs?

I've stepped down, so 8ch it seems like got a new server well before mines meter will run out

We're swapping due to the host leaving.

You're not wrong. The solarium and real(ish) chemistry are way cooler than most of what the other servers have though imo. It's just a shame the only way to play goonstation is with goons. Someone ought to steal the code and make a no-fags-allowed-goonstation

I think the latest available is a 2016 build. Someone managed to leak it and Goons got assravaged. The admins then went open-source up to that point, then closed it the next release cycle.

One of the coders is being pushed into reworking chemistry or the chemistry code, either way after he finishes organising and allowing for more possibilities in the health code.
I would not mind a no-fags-allowed-goonstation, but I'd rather get rid of both faggots and goons instead.

We tried.

Snug-Station
Full-Station
Aite-Station

no thanks

Heh, I need to play as liason, I have all kinds of problems I plan to create for command.

Pilot Officer is another favorite of mine.
Though I'm quite fond of ayy lmaos. I threw a hissy fit and became hivelord because all the drones either selfishly went carrier or died. I wanted to be a carrier, but was too busy actually doing work and building hive to be able to snag evolution slots when they came up.

Okay niggers, honkstation is a go-go and 8station lays in its grave, peacefully for probably the last time.
IP is byond://165.227.105.190:1488
thanks nigs love you all

can't connect

Having issues. Give me a moment. I'll tell you once its back on.

Server should be back now. Expecting a rough start regarding this server. If it continues crashing we'll see what we can do, and if we can't fix it we'll go back to 8station until its fixed.

get in fags serbs up

The reason Powergaming does not have a precisely defined definition is because it usually falls under the "Dont be a dick" rule, and really the only powergamers who are also dicks tend to be hunting for valids.

The other type of powergamers, which is probably referring to are usually people trying to make up for lower populations by running multiple departments. What's the matter? Did you roll tator tot and couldn't get the captain's spare because some medbay plebian needs to set up the engine or something? Some jobs can't be done without specific access, and if there's no HoP the captain's spare is the only way to get that access. Most tator objectives if not all can be done without the ID if you have a bit of knowhow.

Serb crash again?

It'll be up in a moment.

So like the engineer who floods the engine room with plasma while trying to set up power?

Yes.
The server is back up.

Did the server really just die again.

Heres an idea. New toggle on character setup, possible to get promoted to 'deputy HoP' if no department heads are around on round start. Gives you a spare ID in hand called 'skeleton key' that has access to things like solars, kitchen, cargo and medbay. Doesn't allow access to places like the singularity or virology.

Just kind of tired of breaking walls and windows to set up solars at the start. Making a mess before anything has even happened.

The server is back up. We're still trying to identify the problem.

I believe this could potentially be the problem, since its the only thing thats gone very wrong. I don't know why, but its great fun.

It seems to be kill again

We're getting it back up, don't fret.

Please hurry, I'm starting to get cancer from the aids on other servers.

What serv to raid in the downtime? I need to fuck shit up hardcore and i can't do it without spessmen locations.

Goonstation.

Okay well we properly restarted the actual server. If the problem persists again we'll be down for maintenence etc.

Lmao goonstation.

You can't even make jokes without getting permabanned by those kikes.

Fuck that noise, they ban you faster than a heartbeat if you are even moderately robust at chemistry.

And its gone already okay cool well have fun raiding my dudes.

Fuck you mate.
Okay how about drymouth gulch? They still have rape mechanics and the combat isn't shit unlike official fallout13.

Nigger, I'm trying my dang hardest to get this working.

in the mean time just use the other server tbh

But can you necksnap?

nah raiding is more fun for now

That one is also kill. Is only why i'm suggesting. When the serbia goes back up, we go back to serbia.

getting it black up now tbh

You can table combat if you've got enough gruff. Don't think they have lifeweb/tg-style extended melee combat mechanics. Doesn't matter anyways, everyone spawns with enough 60brute rifles to fuck shit up for days.

I miss lifeweb tbh.

I put byond://87.117.247.20:33447 back up till new serb is working

Did it ever die? I never got to try it. I heard you could make your own fortress from scratch on it.

Well it doesn't seem to be crashing, so it looks like its working for now.
Sorry chaos

hey it's all good, I probably jumped the gun not really realizing the scale of the issue

It wasn't really the same after 2015. The community just fell through and it became edgy cuckchanners and redditors killing everyone and randy turned megajew.

Oh yeah, don't worry friend! its just a simple lighting bug that the coder team and I fixed! haha!
In reality, I just doubled the ram of the server, and got it properly restarted. So it could potentially happen again. I think linux just straight up crashes dream daemon when too much shit happens, which means bombs are going to be a blast.

But then that doesn't make any sense, because a majority of the time nothing happened and it crashed. Might just be an issue with the server we were provided.

Yeah nevermind put the server back on I need to actually fix this shit.

that doesn't really sound right tbh, the lighting system getting butt blasted to hell seems like the issue we were having with the codebase but going on full crack with a more powerful server

it'd be fucked if it was

I didn't turn it off

Goddamnit. I hate missing golden ages. I really should have invested some time into playing it back then.

it down again?

Server is back up :^)|
byond://165.227.105.190:1488
Here is the ip!

tbh

and we down again?

yup

Okay, We're now going to go back to chaos' server to test out the codebase.
Maybe the furfag made a mistake that CRASHES THE FUCKING SERVER

The 1488 server is working right now, i don't know what you're talking about but it has nobody on except me.

If it really is the lighting, I could remove all dynamic lighting from the new zlevel.

it's been going down due to a problem they're trying to fix which seems to be due to something other then the code

respond to your fucking ahelps ree

they're busy trying to fix shit, be patient with them please

it's not that since it works on the other server

cough
I went braindead while playing a nonessential role and this happened. It was their serb's equivalent of the Nanotrasen Representative.
Also
Checked.

Well, if you read my post, you'll know that CM is ripe for salt if you know what buttons to push.

their admins do nothing but search for valid to ban tbh

I'm about 1% salt, 19% kek, and the rest is eh whatever.

vid not related but I never get to post it.

it's funny, they force alot of ar pee shit but you'll find that people they white list don't do much of it, the alien queen for example is o.k to not follow your role but if you make her do otherwise then that's a bannu

I had multiple queens going "ay shiet mup de do my doods"
My very first round there, I played security. I was told to go to medical, so as I was going (and trying to find it), a guy wanted to go through checkpoint to medbay for supplies. I let him because he was a combat medic.
Chief security lost his shit, told me to get him out, so I go and tell him chief said he has to leave. He resists, so I stun baton him and drag him out. Everyone loses their shit. I spend the next hour doing nothing in medbay. Chief security loses his shit yelling about how we didn't support him.

almost like it's full of trash or something

Well gee, what a concept.

it's almost like it's almost like it's almost like

Couldn't hurt either way.

Also, check that you are using non simulated tiles. Those ones actually use air calculations etc., but if each zone is a quick one-and-done thing, it's less stuff for the server to potentially choke on

his server has more ram then mine, it shouldn't be the issue what so ever

Simulated turfs have more overhead, it will help marginally with the startup times

I'm not saying don't reduce the load, I'm saying there's a problem with his server and also with the code, atmso is way too slow for what it should be

reminder
getting loyalty implanted as a traitor makes you loyal to nt and it does say so on the wiki

What's a good server to play on anons?
I love the features on Hippie, but the player base is all shitters and the space lag is immense. I love the features on vg, like Bomberman, but rounds take fucking years to go by and it gets incredibly boring. I tried tg too, but the admins are all absolutely no fun allowed all the time.

I'd say ours but you don't like long rounds, try citadel then

Yeah I tried ours but every time I go on there's only about 8 people. I'm looking for at least somewhat active servers. At least 20 people a shift.

pop can only increase with more pop

I've never heard of Citadel so I'll try it

Okay well it looks like I have to do some specific shit like send an application to join so fuck that I guess

it's the /tg/ version of vore station

No thanks

rounds are decent lengths, the content is /tg/ plus, the player base isn't powergaming shitters and I don't quite know about the admins

Are you talking about Citadel or Vore? Citadel seems like it's going to force me into interacting with the community, which I care nothing for, so let's throw that out. And just by the title I know Vore is going to disgust me even though vore actually gets my dick up, but I am also deeply ashamed in myself for it and I try to avoid it at all costs unless I can't control myself and my cancerous autistic lust is too great

I mean citadel, vore's boring shit tbh don't be ashamed of what gets you off, it like other things attracts autistic cancerous people it's not inherently autistic cancer in its self, just gets that way when people want to live it as a life style like anime or furfags

Okay well my server seems to be running alright, If you guys want to test for the crash with me, come along I suppose.

I don't know why, but everytime I post the IP in the thread it immediately crashes.

best fix that problem rather then hope it goes away then

Servers up.

So currently there are only two potential issues that could be killing the server. When the server dies, it hangs indefinitely, like its trying to load something through dreamdaemon. Dream Daemon sadly doesn't like telling us these things, so theres no pinpointing the issue.
This is the issue that I believe it is, but Dream Daemon is telling us any errors outside of runtime errors, so I cannot be too sure.
This is also highly probable, since it replicates the same effects of what happened last time with chaos' server. But unlike what happened with chaos' server, No one joins when it crashes, so this could just be a theory.
For now, the server is up and playable until it crashes again. Have fun.

If the server happens to hang/crash unexpectedly, please note any details about the round, including the round type, what you were doing, etc.

We've had it hit during roundstart and shuttle calls, so it's sporadic and probably systemic

it would have to be a href glitch then since the person crashing me server from before used it

and the reason why you're not getting any error logs for it is that you're more then likely not toggled to log them

I also don't know if you need the databanks to see the logs though

Game generates startup and investigate logs, this happened even when I last compiled on my machine. Again, those logs are helpful even if it doesnt report a crash because I can see WHAT it did internally before it blew up

sadly only got empty guesses for ya

Hey you fuckers its hunter games time.
byond://109.157.107.128:7272
Get on.

Disregarding low energy post number 102, i am the proprietor of this temporary server, if you feel like killing eachother for no fucking reason, please do join, i might also host an actual fucking codebase after a few rounds.

Alright, any anons know how to map? I'd be interested in at least giving it a shot, and maybe I'll end up with a map for
to use if he wants his own codebase.

I'm only offering to host someone else's work, not steal Honkstation's fire.

it's simple enough, just learning the hotkeys and variables shit tbh

it's all good in the end

What I mean is there a tool for it? Do I just start sketching stuff in MS paint? How do map so that SS13 code will recognize it as such?

you download a code base and use dream maker byond comes with

Neat, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will take a look.

also this

As far as I know it does not technically work on changelings, though.

why would it? the injection just does the host rather then the slug although NT headslug implant when?

As a matter of fact I am actually wrong. The only exceptions to the loyalty implant are the head revs and cultists (until de-culted)

that doesn't make much sense tbh

The changeling is a single entity, whether they take Last Resort or not. If anything, the headslug is formed from a portion of the ling's biomass rather than a seperate entity altogether. If the implant does not tell you that you can ignore it when it is injected, then you cannot ignore it.

I guess, so actually wouldn't a "loyalty suppressant" ability be the ticket then?

feelsgoodman

do you know what his ckey was?

New shift

this is stable now, turning off the other serb for now

tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12711 here's the appeal thread that backfired.

oh it's not that one awful fucking admin, a shame

Is this an 8/v/ server? If not, I ain't playing with no fucking normalfags.

Yes, byond://165.227.105.190:1488 is a 8ch server.

Alright, I'll check it out some time.

I'm not particularly important but I'm also planning to do some mapfaggotry in the future, including a very big project that gives us a fuckhuge map to work with (which could actually lead up to a new roundtype or three but no promises yet) and I've been asked about potentially reworking the gateway missions into something more meaningful than just looting cool shit and maybe making them bigger too. However, such a rework is going to require more ideafaggotry than I can do by myself, so I'm asking you fuckers to give me some of your ideas for objective-based away missions. If any good ones pop up, I'll see what I can do about mapping them.

Station objectives then

Would give an objective to work towards, rather than simply preparing for bad shit to happen. Would also justify bomb making. Should a round like this occur, syndicate has a good chance of stopping or stealing that same objective.
Say it's the blowup X one, syndie has to take and possess a number of pictures of the place before it blows. Switch out X documents for forgery Y. Bring back own sample of W matter. Lots of odds and ends that could cause interesting conflicts.

Bananium only spawns on the clown planet to my knowledge. That is its own location

we may want more missions and the ones we have currently to have a once over but they're fine tbh and I don't think you can do "objective-based away missions" more then the current missions

wait a second
HALT SECURITY!
I miss the old 4/tg/ serb.

Aight, been playing around for an hour or two and this is what I have so far. It's going to be the command/administration sector.
The theme goes with the name of the station: JunkStation. Supposed to be old, rusted, and half working. I think it'll help with power gamers. For example, the singularity engine is located in an old 'lost' section with debris, and maybe mobs, until the engineers and maybe security go clean it out.
Two things will come into play for the station as a whole:
-Sectors will be their own 'pod', connected by bridges.
-Most maintenance tunnels, and the nuengineering department, will be on a lower level, accessible by ladders. If that's going to be to dodgy, I'll scratch the multi level.
-some more powerful/potent station abilities have to be worked at, like the singularity. This encourages you to use solars or atmos-related power.
-Each pod should have it's own solar to power it. SMES units are located outside, and are therefore much easier to sabotage. There will be cameras, though.

Opinions? Constructive criticism welcome.
Do remember that it's just a prototype.
Even if MetaStation is still used, this could be an objective, like relocating from that station to this one.

Well, I can, it just can't really be enforced without using the map design itself to do so.

you did well considering

if you make each department a pod then you're basically making people not interact what so ever

think of a scenario(clowns invaded a syndie planet for revenge from clown planet) and work around that

Could do a multi-tube system with various alleys to cross to get to the next tube. Sci needs plants? He has to pass through recreation and command hall first. Engineering wants metal from mining? Pass through medical first. No place is more than two halls away.

That way every pod has atleast three ways out, maintenance and two other pods.

what do you mean two halls and how long is a hall?

That's fine. It doesn't need to be separated pods, I guess I could just as easily do a squished together block of twisted metal. The idea is that the station is a heap of garbage conglomerated over time and is just… old.

Would depend on department size. Like medical and R&D right now are long hallways flanked on either side by rooms. I love that feeling of looking in on things from departure's hallway, with little desks to drop off things.
Janitor would have a new task of clearing shit from each pod's disposals. Mailmen would be a good assistant level role. Security's barriers would be a lot more useful. A single department blowing up wouldn't mean a round's end, as the other department's atmos wouldn't be compromised. Hell, singulos on another z level means that gravity would shut off but the station would still function pretty fine.
Hell, nations would become one hell of a battle. Boarding parties to repel, sending out missiles, sabotaging maintenance level.
Xenos hive in dorms? Scuttle it.

I love this Junk station idea. I want it. Give it to me hard and fast.

I think you should ms paint your design abit so that we can get a clearer picture as to what you're thinking of doing to give proper feed back tbh

trust in the rust and pass the ammunition

Haphazard connections between blobs of metal. Every blob has at least two connections, usually at either end of a hallway. Most radiate out from Command which acts like an anchor and main thoroughfare to get to clear other side, but not the fastest way to get to adjacent areas. For analogy, keeping our current arrangment, if you're in engineering it would be faster to pass through 'atmos hall' and 'xenobio hall' to get to departures than to pass through our current command rotunda.

Halo: Cole Protocol had an asteroid colony strung together in such a manner. Fun times were had when pirate jackals started boarding.

has to be something like this

That's called gitting gud.

Also making the game worse for everyone won't stop people from finding other ways to shit up the round, or it might even get new players killed by a dude with a simple butcher knife since all a dude has to do in your solution is strip down and hit and run, someone with gear on won't be able to compete with a naked guy, and that's the imbalance.

Isn't pic 1 wizard academy? Minus departments and plus classrooms that is.

nah you're not good if you need the armory to deal with any kinda threat, you're not good if you only know how to make meth in chem and that's it, you're not good if you know how to get god virus/super powers but don't know how to set up the cryno effectively.

my point is powergamers usually don't know shit unless it's something they were told how to do by someone else and even then not that effectively. that's why we still get people who nigger the emitter in engineering when there's much better options to open locked crates.

well making the game easier/casualized like nu/tg/ did has made EVERY server shit. so I don't know.

what is a tazer, or are you seriously saying that aiming isn't part of gitting gud?

it's a map design I did called dick station

It's good as is, no need to change.

You're trying to impose a lot of shit that would bog down the game and make it more jank then it already is, not one thing you've said is an improvement. You don't understand, but every round you have to BUILD that armory. It takes time and every player does it, no matter what you say.

You're complaining because you came in when it was shittin' time and you got wrecked, don't fuck this up for everyone.

do you mean the armoury in your back pack? because that's an issue here not THE issue at hand here but an issue none the less

what's your suggestion then or do you really think "shittin' time" is actually a thing?

Do nothing and adapt. Change yourself instead of trying to change everything else. git. gud.

I like it, I can certainly give it a go. So, separate atmos systems for each blob? Would make work for atmos techs as they would have to can the carbon dioxide and bring it back to atmos, bringing fresh cans every so often, this would be interesting. Could plop a mule down, which would now be used for deliveries instead of disposals. This would work if anyone but cargo can use them.

My main concern with multiple Z levels is explosions between floors, and the visibility of the other floors. Like if I have a maintenance tunnel between two blobs and there isn't a similar passageway directly above it, how do i see it from the above level. If an explosion goes off does it affect the other level?

RIP AMRCargo you will forever be missed

Nothing but space dust now

I took it as a challenge to make my own swastika incid. Pretty fun shit.

How about a Dyson Sphere map, user?

can u get vord by it? uwu"

What about the SS14 project? Anyone know if it would be possible to use it instead of the mess that is byond?

The github page seems fairly active; github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14

What the hell are you on about? If i'm playing a job that doesn't need weapons, I'm not stock piling shit with the intent of needing to defend myself or kill others. It's a fucking role playing game, not a death match

Doom13 might be a better alternative to wait for.

Mind elaborating?

Isn't that using Byond too or did my google-fu fail me?

Anyway, got to ask. What features would you all like in the server :^)

Doom13 is a customized iteration of the idtech2 engine, with all of our favourite spessmen elements slowly being added.
I haven't seen any updates from the developers, and seeing as I don't browse halfchan, I can't be for certain if he's still working on it or if its vapourware at this point.

So what you're saying is that the project is shit because it's associated with the SomethingAwful forum?

Ah, okay. So basically Quake 2: SS13 Edition? Sounds interesting.
I tried looking it up but can't find anything, neither a source repo, a site or even a halfchan thread.

I should correct myself. It's being made in idtech1, and I'm unsure how much of the original engine code is left. It's also a one man job, so there will be delays.

I should correct myself. It's being made in idtech1, and I'm unsure how much of the original engine code is left. It's also a one man job, so there will be delays.

Did some more planning, a little more fill in now that I've slept. Not sure how often I'll keep bosting update pictures but given that I'm making it for Holla Forums it makes sense to. I decided having sectors would be interesting because it keeps the pods, but when walking between them, you get interections with similar departments.

How about an arboretum/botanic garden area instead of a space aquarium?

Some kind of area with lots of different plants and shit, some critters running wild and that sort of thing. Might be comfy. Could also be a good place to have some sort of public botany area, the kind of thing which on Meta is limited to that one southern area of maint.

I think I'm going to take away the lower bridge since it makes the station too connected. I do want to have a circular tube between the medsci plaza and the civilian plaza, though. Botany itself is going to be a biodome, and I might have a community garden type thing in the civilian plaza.

Also I've discovered the "base texture" statistic, which lends very well to having maintenance tunnels underneath the station.

a botany biodome sounds nice, be sure to give it shutters and also having the whole place be a sort of grassy meadow would be COMFY

Faggots.

Doomanon hasn't even made a name for it. It's made for the ZDoom sourceport of the idtech1 engine (aka, the Doom engine) which supports an insane amount of features not present in OG doom. Also, it's made specifically for the fork of Zandronum, which is an outdated version of ZDoom made for multiplayer specifically. From what i last heard, he's waiting for the 3.0 release of zandronum to start testing out shit, since he already has most of the mayor systems except Engineering done. Chemistry, Security (Combat + stuns), Cargo (halfway), a very hacked-in Atmospherics and Medbay (no limb damage yet) are kinda working. You can interact with ACS menus to change clothes and equip shit, mechs are already a thing too and some antag types like Nookops and Traitor are more than ready to go.
I don't have any screenshots here but this is what he told me like 3 months ago on /vr/, he's really just waiting for Zandronum to update to resume work on it

or is all your characters you play as some mary sue do all end all power fantasy complex shit?

muliple z-levels on the station is something that I think someone else is working on but I don't know if we'll see any of it but then again I didn't figure any of the better ftl13 would come into play

spheres in a squares man spess

don't make it too big, we barely have the people to support metastation as is

what you want to do is make the prime departments as small as possible then add roots of travel to those rooms finally adding secondary shit(freezer in the kitchen) leaving the remaining space for tertiary shit(bathrooms)

Kowloon city, Austin cathedral of junk and Kibera slum

are wonderful examples to take inspiration from

yess, I think a sphere can be done, with a death area/singlo in the middle would be fitting, no? It'd give for some very interesting gameplay, to say the least.

So like a station that's like 90% maint?

I'm sure someone already did something like that

that'd be cool

Same thought was used to make Asteroid Station, which was an offshoot of Donut.
The problem was that the walls were too close to the engine and, since it was released every round, you'd end up with at least a hallway or two cut, making the entirety of the hallways unusable and locking out certain departments from the rest of the station.

Hmm. Can we get constructable floors, then? Kinda like how the metal foam grenade works, but with walkable terrain rather than just a blob of insurmountable fuck. It would definitely increase the dynamics of the game by a lot.

Maybe an instant concrete type thing.

floors are constructable, there's just not many different tiles or walls to make sadly

consumable floor tiles when

like a chocolate flooring?

When you deepfry them.

Sufficiently fatty and rich foods should have the same effects as ambrosia.

110% maximum comfy

That's kinda what my line of thinking was going to.

Server dedded?

Is serb kill?

it seems like it did

Atleast we found the error. Putting the server back online.

it seems like it did

Serb is kill, lament.
Host weighed in and suggested there be
==R O C K== I quite liked the idea so this is an update.

I failed to use >>>/test/ to see if using red text that way would work. Welp, time to drink phlogiston and chlorine triflouride. again.

I don't like the rock tbh, junk turf when?

Guzzle a beaker of lexorin, you retard.

I could try making some junk turf and have it floating around, along with random toolboxes and such to push off of if you lose your grip on the station. Might do the turf at a later point though.

fair enough

A button for locking directions in to use with a vision cone already exists in SS13.

what code base is that?

Some bayfork. I don't remember the name. Guy who makes it is trying to make some sort of space lifeweb.

well more power to him, the game needs more varid codebases

Just looked it up, it's called InterBay I think.

now does it have as much cancer as bay has?

No idea, I just know that like one guy solo codes it and he's trying to make a space lifeweb. I don't even know if it has an active server up or anything.

Turn it into a spherical shape when?

he may have a server but I doubt it's pub

mmmmmmnever. Not only will the station not be a circle, squaresteroids are the new cool
R O C K
shape.

2017-08-26 4:57:24 140421943339776 [Warning] IP address '182.18.8.97' could not be resolved: Name or service not known

GUYS THE SERVER IS DYING BECAUSE OF THE CHINSESE

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Man who may or may not be a spider says could have had something to do with blowstamp mining.

That just means that the IP could not be resolved to a hostname string, eg "182-18-8-97.cust.bestchinaisp.com".
If that causes the server to crash it means there's a bug in the networking code somewhere, where it expects every IP to be resolved, and if it's not it crashes everything because of an uncaught exception or something.

For a strange reason, our server has a tendency to crash with the database online and connected to the server. That error is the only form of error we are receiving from the database. However, I don't believe that is crashing our server. If Dream Daemon is attempting to load or process something, it will halt the entire server until that process or loading has been resolved, aka making the server not respond until the process is done, which is the kind of crashes we have been getting.

Is that an error from the database server, or from the server itself?
Because if that's an error from the database, then you should definitely look into limiting the database to localhost only, or to a specific set of IPs.

I think its an error from the database, but we're not too sure. We're going to limit the database to localonly once the codekike wake up.

Don't forget to make firewall rules too. There is no need for a database to be reachable from outside localhost (or a very specific number of IPs for managing).
All that does is open one or more security holes, and risks potential issues like the database not responding to the server because it's busy processing bruteforce login attempts from some random chinese botnet.

Okay, why is the west direction disposal missing? There's support for it in disposal.dmi, but I can't place any west facing outlets, nor can I rotate any others to face west.

that shouldn't be missing

I just used open ended disposal pipes with no trunks anyway, because they're just jettisoning into space. I figured a junkstation should have lazy piping. The disposal pipes literally just lead outside the room and shoot trash in the general vicinity of the station.

Two words
EVA Janitor. Also a mupdate I guess.

Every other floor tile should have some kind of rubbish on it. Old blood, vomit, robot bits, etc.
Medical should be knee high in gibs, a veritable cornucopia of septic infection. Surgery should have a bucket of limbs. Painless Pete ruled their in the previous shift as the butcher/chef/dentist/surgeon/roboticist. Oft all at once.

I think you need to get junkier, have missing tiles, piping which leads no where and out right breaches into space

I like this. It's going to be a pain in the ass for engineers, so I might as well make a challenge for all the other departments too.

Old engineering is going to be full of breaches, and mobs, and maybe space vines. Nu engineering is in maintenance tunnels where you spawn AKA you have to claim a decent office.
Atmos, which is naturally located in maintenance tunnels, is going to have bad piping. I might also throw in random nonsense piping beneath the floors, but only after everything is designed.

Botany's main problem is not having hydroponics trays, just dirt. Hope you didn't lose your plant analyzers…

You could add 2 things:
1. Add in the Trader role from /vg/, it would be pretty fitting/nice
2. add a circle somewhere in it

don't be scared to make a bathroom into the kitchen either

If you want to try to nigger that code feel free, I'm just making a map atm. It would kind of fit though.

I think I want to do this. I'm already having a direct disposal pipe from the morgue to the kitchen. End up with half bathroom and half kitchen.

hell yeah

it was at this moment, the mommi knew his waifu wasn't real.

There's your kitchen, minus some items and some other things. Have fun getting a wrench before getting your silverware. The "body receipt tube" is a modified shit chute for one of the toilet stalls. I find it difficult to see the space for a condimaster so I left it out. Pester other departments constantly for beakers and bottles.

We really need a coder tbh.

I can code in about 6 languages And competently in about 3 of those, I just haven't bothered to learn the mess that is BYOND code.
Pic related is for whomst'd've'ver said medbay didn't have enough blood and guts. Some of those piles should generate body parts on runtime just like tables connecting into counters.

>not one and a half-finished frame with some parts and a portable chem dispenser board for you to pester science to finish, a microwave in replacement for one of the heaters and the grinder on the most obnoxious place ever the main desk leading outside
The chem masters can stay though. I wonder if you could even add a patch of dirt in there to grow random plants in.

wew, dunno about the shower bit though

we have coders, we need more coders and spriters and mappers and everything else under the sun

good idea

Voila
You made me laugh enough to include these. I decided to leave the grinder, though I took out both chem heaters and replaced it with one microwave. Can you legitimately make chemicals with a microwave? Hilarious.

Also the showers being in it is because it's probably going to be the only bathroom on the entire station, which is funny because the only potentially functioning sit-down toilets are behind the "kitchen".

I even included a pile of dirt. Have fun stealing any and all of the tools to grow plants.

Technically, you can heat chemicals by using any lighter on the beakers this includes welding tools and the igniter device, so if the microwave doesn't work, just add in a cheap lighter or whatever in there. Or don't, just leave a note that says to go adquire a lighter from the nearest cig machine and add one in medbay
I'm not sure if the microwave even lets you put beakers in it. Maybe it should be modded so you can heat beakers in it, with a low chance to break and splash chems everywhere, just like when cooking bad food.

Just confirmed that beakers cannot go in microwaves. This needs to be a thing. Might have to just add "beaker" to the list of viable reagents that can go in the microwave, add an explode chance, and simply increase the beaker temperature by (microwave power * math)/math + math or whatever.
I did add a cigarette machine to medbay though, the irony of which I enjoy.
Also I'm probably going to freely exchange the air between virology and cryo

Can you make xenobiology into a thunderdome-esque arena?

As long as you compile a greentext list for nextthread of everything I haven't given you a picture of yet. Just one huge cell?
I haven't even started on science but that sounds like a good "challenge" to start with.

If I do end up adding custom script (I know I want to add some colored tiles for departments, but in sepia) I'll actually use git and fork it instead of the zip I have now, where I'm only using stuff already in the master.

I have a feeling that for security, I might fill it with wall buttons, half of which open all the brig cells and doors If I can do this vanilla, just under half do nothing, a few doing something useful, and all of them named the same thing.

And in addition,
I think that about does it for ideas. I'll post more if I get them.

I'm not sure about that for the librarian. I'd put in a random spell book or two, between a ton of WGW on the forbidden knowledge shelf.

Better yet, Give the librarian the Fireball spellbook, with extra full fuel canisters hidden inside of the walls, Alongside the two fire extinguishers in the entire station.

Why would librarian has a shotgun?

To defend from lynch mobs during WGW recitals?

ebin fam

HOLY SHIT ITS A MOTHERUFCKING NEW THREAD GET IN HERE