Emulation Thread

Is Dreamcast emulation at an acceptable state yet or nah?
Some emulators that are good though

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/other/fusion-kega-genesis-emulator---plugins/
higan.readthedocs.io/en/v104/guides/import/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Lots of things. Got better suggestions?

Epsxe is trash, get mednafen you newfag or PCSXR if you want plugin shit. And all virtual console are fucking trash kill yourself. Get demul for Dreamcast emulation.

sage because OP is an eternal faggot.

Also

Only if you can't use a computer.

I was not aware of this, what kind of fucking retard has trouble setting up PS2? The hardest part is finding a BIOS and even that isn't difficult.

What bothers me is that people are too dumb to set up PCSX2 but somehow manage to find this place and post there.

t-thanks freddit breddit

I was writing out a post about why PCSX2 sucks and I forgot which one was software mode and which one was hardware mode, and after googling I found a video made by that dude that sucks at dark souls and gets mad at the game from not being able to leave the starting area

Are you being ironic?

Ironic about what

If you're too dumb to understand the difference between software and hardware modes, so you have to remember which is which, then whatever you have to say about PCSX2 is irrelevant.
Your opinion doesn't fucking matter.

I understand the difference perfectly, I just don't remember which is which
The fuck's your problem

The difference between the two is incredibly obvious unless you have like, a 720p monitor. One looks like a blurry 480p video and often much closer to original, artifact free graphics, meanwhile hardware mode looks much more visually stunning, clear, and updated.

Right, I know, I just don't remember their names

Oh boy, you don't understand the difference either eh?
I mean what you describe is the result of the difference between them, not what actually makes them different.
Hardware mode might as well display game at native resolution.
The fuck is with all the dimwits in this thread?

Gee you don't sound autistic at all PCSX2-shill-kun

I just didn't remember which mode looked like what, but at this point I don't think it matters since autism user needs to sperg out

Were you called a retard on the internet before so you have those pictures saved just for the next occasion?

You'd think someone as smart as you would know you can paste urls into the image selector without saving them

What exactly is wrong with PSX2?

Did you jump IDs or just another retard?

Software mode is the only mode that is even close to having perfect emulation, but the fact that you can't change its resolution makes it almost completely worthless. At that point you might as well just play on original hardware.

Until games get actual compatibility patches to make software mode run smoothly with at least the major exclusives of the PS2's library then the whole emulator is just kind of worthless.

I'm sorry your faggotry isn't compatible here. Try >>>/reddit/

Not much, just retards who can't understand how it works and think it's the program's fault for not having perfect hardware accuracy out of the box or that it can't wipe their ass when they want it to.

Just another newfag lads, nothing to see here

Basically all sixth gen emulators are worthless right now. Just something you have to accept unless you're willing to develop them yourself.

Dolphin's fucking great

Demul is the best Dreamcast emulator, but it still needs work. The Ruskies making it are taking their sweet time releasing updates.

Pro tip: play with vsync on for the best experience as long as you are able to ALWAYS maintain 60fps.

Dolphin is the only one. I can't even think of an Xbox emulator, PSX2 is decent but clunky and fucking around with settings doesn't always lead to stable gameplay, PS2emu is fucking dead, DEmul technically works but Dreamcast emulation isn't good yet.

I think PCSX2 gets more shit than the others almost exclusively because the PS2 is such a beloved console that has so many more titles to play than the others, which means it should also have the most amount of work put into it.
But it doesn't.

Fuck it's done almost no progress in this decade

The year is 201X. Mankind's combined efforts have pushed computer science beyond frontiers once considered impossible. Perfect emulation of all Nintendo console games up to 2007. A single shader that perfectly emulates a mid-2000s GPU because someone was slightly inconvenienced by frame stutter. A Saturn emulator that actually works. Sonic 06 on a PC. Games on a PS3.

and then there's the fucking state of PS2 emulation

Hue.
There is nothing to agree or disagree about. If you don't know how to use simple program but still talk shit, don't expect anyone to care about your irrelevant opinion.

Are you an actual dev on PCSX2?
Nigger the thing doesn't work, give it a rest

They implemented OpenGL rendering barely within the past year.

I guess that's something? Kind of?

fun fact: most of the progress happening on pcsx2 right now is because some Debian-using autist insists on fixing it to pass their QA rules

Ace Combat wasn't playable on the release build until about a year ago either, and MGS3 becoming fully playable was a huge announcement like 3 or 4 years ago if I'm remembering the timeline right. I distinctly remember the OpenGL part because it made Silent Hill 3 playable on hardware mode.

I completely believe that.

I tried it last year and MGS3 was still missing its signature filter in hardware mode, did they fix that?

Last I heard it still requires software mode for that effect, but I haven't emulated it in a while either.

This is taking too long.

that's a lie and you don't even believe it yourself

I was playing it for years, even on old toaster it run like miracle, maybe you shouldn't project this hard.

PSX2 gets way more shit than it deserves but that's a straight up lie.

Again, lies

It works better than dolphin.

Prove it?

Yeah, I'll just go get footage of all the games that have poor FPS or graphical bugs, I'll be right back babe

You have some pretty good taste.

Dolphin is the only 3D emulator I've never had a serious issue with and rarely have to mess with the settings. Dolphin is hands down the best sixth gen emulator.

It really is worse than Dolphin. Are you in denial?

WHAT THE FUCK IS MEDNAFEN I'VE NEVER HEAD ABOUT IT BEFORE

All I want is something that just works out of the box, you press a button and boom everything works and ePSXe is the only the popular one

It's not unplayable, you're being overly autistic.

What the fuck?

Mednafen is exactly that. No configuration "it just werkz" highly accurate PS1 emulation. If you still want to customize, the easiest way is to use it in RetroArch (under the name Beetle PSX) which also gives you OpenGL and Vulkan renderer options.

ITT: Autistic emubabbies arguing over which of their shit is the least smelly.

But that goes for all emulation.

Wii/WiiU's VC emulation has been worse than PJ64 since its inception. Nintendo sells poorly emulated games on an underpowered hardware. The whole "N64 emulation is better on Wii" is a giant fucking lie pushed by retards with buyers remorse.

Epsxe is fucking trash even by the relatively low standards of plugin based emulators.
Get PCSXR-PGXP and Mednafen.

If you're a windows user you can use Demul for dreamcast emulation. Its the best Dreamcast emulator around but still leaves a lot to be desired. Redream is under active development and recently got windows builds.

Play more than Zelda and Mario and you'll find no shortage of problems.
The fact that it shits itself for most games when multithreading is enabled should tell you how trash it is.

They explain this pretty well on the FAQ page.

Except before 2017 their emulator didn't even use more than 2 cores and even when using only 3 cores it breaks games.
That FAQ is a load of bullshit which their own emulator contradicts.
For reference PCSX2 has had a multithreaded GS for half a decade now and an optional unstable multithreaded VU too which is still more stable than Dolphin's multi threading option.
The development of Dolphin all comes down to excuses no matter how flimsy they are. Excuses are the reason why there is no Wii motion plus emulation(that and the fact that they get a cut from mayflash). Excuses is the reason why we didn't have ubershaders or portable caches before Cemu came in and put the pressure on them.

Wow it's almost like nintendo fans defending their trash no matter what. Oh wait.

Nigger that has nothing to do with Dolphin or PSX2 being the better emulator.

What's with people defending Dolphin despite being shit emulator then?

PCSX2 is one of the best emualtors around as far the sheer amount of options you have. There always seems to be another setting you can adjust to make the emulation better.

Dolphin is more compatible with most games right out the box. Not nearly as much options though

If I can run about half of all PS2 games, should I be able to run Wii games with dolphin?

They are too braindead to use anything else.
You'll often see the people who defend Dolphin vehemently are also the ones which use epsxe and think PCSX2 is too complex.

Depends on your CPU and the games in question.

Shitty laptop.
Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

Emulating KH2FM runs perfectly at 3x native res except for axel fight and is lots of fun. Want to play the Nip only berserk game, but I'm forced to choose between having higher resolution, or having a functional hud in software mode.

your CPU might be too slow to run most Wii games at 100% speed.
Also for the berserk game enable Preload frame data hardware hack to get a washed out HUD in HW mode

Danke. None of the settings I normally fiddle with would fix it and I had moved on to playing other games I had missed. Probably still not going to play for a while though because PS2 overheats my laptop when I have no air conditioning.

PCSX2 is terribly optimized and gets worse with every version.

For a 10+ year console, a $1000+ CPU should not be necessary to get playable framerates. Odd how PCSX2 ran perfectly on core 2 duos in 2009 with older versions (60+ FPS in Gran Turismo 4 on an OC'd e8400) and now runs like utter fucking trash on those exact same CPUs from back then.

Not only did the older versions lack half the shit that is present in the modern version of the emulator, it came with speedhacks enabled by default.
Seriously, what is it with retards who can't use a piece of software thinking their uneducated anecdotes are going to fool anyone?

You know better emulation takes better cpu power as evident by higen and mame getting more things to emulate.
Also PCSX2 on older versions weren't most stable and had more messing effects that ps2 does.

Emulating the ps2 is a hard task due to the bullshit system structure sony made and lack of documents on many of ps2 features being not available.

The sad truth is that right now at this very moment HD rereleases emulated through RPCS3 are starting to become or have already became better alternative to playing the fucking game than actually using PCSX2.

Why does every version of FFVIII I dowload have no cue files? I emulated this shit already ages ago.

Because you're downloading shitty dumps. What's stopping you from creating the .cue file yourself?

FILE "Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 1).bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00

Incompentece. I found the right dump anyways though.

No, they aren't.

Not missing much, if you've played one flashy cinematic rail shooter, you've played them all. Best is still Time Crisis 1 and 2 with proper arcade-tier lightguns with working slides and heavy force feedback.

The only xbox game I'd like to play again is Brute Force, which is way more fun than it had any right being.

fucking autists

How much work does it take to be this retarded?

>this (((cinematic))) rail shooter isn't a cinematic rail shooter
Oh you. If you want proper action-flight xbox game that isn't an on-rails shitshow, go play CS:HRtR.

If you to be a proper retard somewhere else, go post on >>>/cuckchan/

I'll take it one step further, PDO is as much of a cinematic meme game as the singleplayer campaigns in modern call of duty games. Yes, I know, it's literally okay when Japan does it

Guess all Mario games are cinematic platformers then right?

I'm sorry you're a stupid nigger user. Maybe you should tear down some more Confederate statues to feel better.

emulator kids BTFO

Pathetic screencap warriors BTFO

the mark of a retarded shitposter
do the world a favor and kill yourself

Okami HD not only runs better overall but runs faster without missing effects and much less graphical errors.
DMC1 HD runs better overall without any upscaling issues unlike on PCSX2
MGSHD is on it's way to running fullspeed which means it will also run better than the PS2 versions on PCSX2 especially 3 which runs like dogshit and has a broken widescreen hack.
Jak HD is starting to run properly which is more than PCSX2 can do for 2 of the games.

Maybe you shopuld stop blindly defending the shitshow that is PCSX2 and face reality.

Whether on Wii(U) or otherwise N64 emulation is a bag of dicks and always will be. But certainly don't let that stop you underage memelords from expecting proper DC/PS2/PS3 emulation in this lifetime. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

It's possible to play virtually any Wii game using the native online functionality - wots he talking about?

Get the fuck back to /emugen/ on cuck/vg/. I've been there and you insufferable dumpster children are worse than ISIS. You belong there.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? So fucking salty about nothing

What can I do on a Surface Pro 2 in terms of DS and Dreamcast emulation?

Cry in a corner
Wait for future emulator to rectify the situation.

You might have some luck with No$GBA and NullDC but if it doesn't work there the only solution is using an emulator a Surface 2 likely has no chance to run at playable speeds.

What the fuck is going on ITT? Emulation threads are usually some of the most comfy here but this almost feels like console war faggotry. If I were more retarded I'd say there were anti piracy shills in here trying to discourage any kind of emulation. Or maybe retro dealers hoping to convince people to buy old hardware.

But of course it's just unbearable cunts shitting things up for no reason. Where did they come from?

Emulation is an autism magnet so what made you think threads dedicated to it wouldn't blow up into full autismfest every once in a while?

I have no good answer for this. Good point.

What about DMC 3? That one is broken in the hardware renderer of PCSX2.
Huh? If anything it'll require an even stronger CPU to run.
Both Jak and Okami have been playable in PCSX2 for over an year now. In case of Okami, the its with all the effects emulated accurately even in the hardware renderer.

Haven't tried in either since the PC port fits my needs, I'd assume OGL would have the missing effects fixed by now in PCSX2, but RPCS3 seems to run it mostly fine right now even if the only footage I can find is from the intro of it, but iirc the HD collection has missing effects by default compared to the PS2 version so you might not get them anyway..

Right now I have a 4790k with a 1070, PCSX2 will happily dip to 45-50 fps at times (before the warehouse where you can snipe The End namely) in MGS3, even worse in a few of the final cutscenes where it just goes below 40fps (the WIG takeoff just crashes if I don't play at 3x res even), and that's not factoring the 60fps and widescreen hacks which bring the requirements up.
Right now in RPCS3 I get 20-30fps with the HD collection, which still has room for improvements and by default runs with a 60fps cap instead of 30 for the PS2 version so yeah once the new speed improvements are implemented in RPCS3 chances are MGS3 HD will straight up run better in RPCS3.

Jak 1 kinda runs well with some missing effects and visual issues, 2 & 3 are absolute trainwrecks with loads of insane issues like the random speedups and dips to low 20 fps.
Okami is playable but has flickering throughout the game regardless of what renderer you play it on, that is not present in RPCS3 and considering the game runs even on a low end build now there no point in using PCSX2 to play it.

The PC port is missing the same effects that have been missing in PCSX2 for a long while. It has gotten a bit better in the OpenGL renderer but the broken shit is still obvious.

It doesn't.

The PS2 version is 30fps internally, the PS3 version can go up to 60fps internally it just doesn't always hit that cap but it can.

Fuck, would have hoped a fucking I5 could manage something ARM could do.

Thats not how nips code their games. The framerate in MGS3 is capped to 30 because the entire game is timed by it.

Well reicast is shittier than NullDC which will run no problem but has mediocre compatibility,
NDS though you will have to wait for Drastic to get released on x86 platforms and hope it's still as fast.

Vid related, now you can stop spouting retarded shit.

Dreamcast emulation ran just fine on my Surface Pro 2. DS I had to tinker with Desmume but most games should run fine.

Trying to emulate the stylus won't work properly though.

Because for some reason being "the best emulator" is important even if they're emulators for completely different consoles.

Anyone know how well Star Road emulates on Android?

Like with any other platform, it depends on what emulator you're using and whether you're looking for performance or accuracy. That being said, since it's a Super Mario 64 hack, it should run fine on just about anything, I would imagine.

Usually ROMhacks for N64 are PJ64 based shit, so was curious.

can somebody share the optimal pcsx 2 video settings?

This is driving me insane. The controller is recognized by the system, and the light indicating controller #1 is shining. However, ScpServer.exe does not show any connected controllers, and nothing recognizes it. I've now been fucking around with the drivers for over an hour and it refuses to work again.

Can someone post the 8/v/ recommendation images for psx, snes, genesis, psp or any others I may have forgotten. I never remember so save those.

Anyone up for some dolphin multiplayer? I'd love to wreck some folks in Mario Kart Double Dash. Fucking Bowser and baby bowser combo is unbeatable.

I'd be up for other games as well if there's anyone interested in giving it a try.

what are the best settings for pcsx2 to run games properly on a toaster?

Depends on the game and the quality of your toaster.

Nvidia meme-card owner here, has anybody gotten the Beetle hardware core to work on a straight Vulkan config? I have to switch CasualArch to opengl mode to see anything, otherwise it crashes. I leave the core option on Vulkan though.

What card?
What driver version?

GTX 970
385.41 (the latest)
I'm planning an upgrade later this year since I read that Pascal is just better in every way than Maxwell, so if that's what it will take, then that's what I'm doing.

Revert to 376.33 then retry running it
Retry upgrading after using DDU
Not sure exactly what the problem is since I've seen people using older cards with the newest drivers without issues

Also make sure you have the core updated, shared HW context on and that you're not going fullretard with the resolution since most card can't actually handle 32x properly.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the best look out of Viewpoint? All of the settings I've tried make the game look a little…off.

Also, what's the recommended emulators for NDS, N64, NES, and GBA gamed. Right now I'm just using PCSXR for PS1 games and Kega Fusion for Sega systems.

Read the thread you illiterate fuck

mednafen fuckface

why do people even want a Dreamcast emulator
they are like 20 bucks and run burned discs out of the box

Because it's free
Not every model can. Plus CDR rips of later games remove content or reduce audio/visual fidelity to fit on a 700 mb disc.

It's honestly not, but it works well enough in most cases and it was the mainstay for years because nothing really offered anything that much better over it, if all you care about is playing games with possibly the sprite limiter off then there's not much reason to look elsewhere.
Nowadays Mesen is better because it supports OC without you having to deal with the garbage that is MAME or using a very outdated version of FCEUX which will end up with some compatibility problem whereas Mesen is almost perfect in that regard..
>tfw NES emulation saw the first major progress in years from an emulator that popped out of nowhere and blew the fuck out of everything else in a couple months

Any anons here have any experience running emulators through a CRT? with adapters and all that jazz. Might set one up and see what I can get out of it.

Adapter suck big fat dicks, CRT_Emudriver or use something that has a proper analog output to begin with, probably a PS3/x360/WiiU is the best you can currently have.

Great discussion.

I've been wanting to get an emulation box and hook it up to a TV
Can I do VGA to component cables?

You wanted an opinion and you got one.
Adapter suck dick because they add processing time, can't deal with variable refresh rate at all and degrade the image quality more than it should.
CRT_emudriver only has two issue and it's only that it requires you to have some technical knowledge to work with (mainly following a tutorial without fucking it up) and it requires you to actually have a grasp on what you're doing if you don't wanna damage your TV (aka don't have the fucking thing plugged unless you're sure the video card is outputting proper 15khz).
If you don't want to deal with that and are okay with compromising your emulation quality then a softmodded console is worth considering

Not without having something that outputs 15khz signal which is what CRT_emudriver does for you.
Just need a compatible GPU and use their driver while following the tutorial, it's technically geared towards GroovyMAME but you can make it work with other things if you want.
With the newer drivers you don't even have to track an older AMD GPU and you can just use anything up to the RX Fury cards (meaning no RX 4XX/5XX/VEGA but hey a R9 390 is more than enough)

Use the Lottes shader in Retroarch on a proper modern screen with a comfy CRT overlay. Depending on the output resolution it looks pretty good.

I tried retroarch earlier today, never used frontends before. Didn't like it, not sure how to put my specific emulators into that, since it says "put the core in". It didn't have Fusion genesis emulator either, so I gave up. Reason I got retroarch is because I read certain CRT shaders work on "frontends" like retroarch. Still don't know what to do. Is it possible to add my Fusion emulator to arch, use a CRT shader on fusion through retroarch? I'll be gone all day so I hope I can get a good reply back, thanks.

Pcsx2 isn't hard to get working, it's just tedious and finnicky.

Demul is a good choice for Dreamcast emulation.

Why is SEGA consoles emulation so shit? Specially Saturn and Dreamcast?

It's a frontend as in plugin loader not a frontend as in launcher like most other things calling themselves frontend are.
You can only use the cores that are made for it and you can download those either directly via the buildbot or via the internal core updater, fusion doesn't have an RA core so no you can't use that particular Genesis emulator.

Demul and SSF work despite their inaccuracies, you don't know how to use a computer.

They work but the experience they give is thoroughly unenjoyable.
Especially Demul with it's artificially high requirements because the dev is an autistic ukrainian faggot seriously it this fucking thing can chug an an high end desktop when people are actually aiming for older Core 2 desktop as a target for their accurate DC emulator

SSF also has a fair share of issues but it's not as bad and it now has a credible alternative with mednafen.

I'm slow as shit and only just noticed that Emuparadise and Coolrom removed most of their nintendo stuff. Where the fuck do I download ROMs from now?

>

It's dumb kiddies that download a piece of software that's been in development for more than a decade and think that it just werks like their iphone.

Well I got bad news for you kiddies, it don't "just werk" and Steve Jobs was a faggot. They would have never been able to survive in the mid 90s trying to configure UltraHLE and the thousands of glide plugins you had to install depending on what kind of ATI card you bought at the dollar store and what day of the week it was.

But seeing Ocarina of time actually run on my PC while it was STILL ON THE STORE SHELF was something that I will never forget. And Nintendo's rage…man that was worth all the money in the world. Pretty sure they hired hitmen to try and hunt down epsilon and reality man.

They did send Oman to jail for leaking the stuff in the first place though.

Problem solved, and for practically free.

Oh and make sure to force 60hz mode

ITT

Just use whatever you want retard.

Darn. Can I just use 100% scanlines on Fusion and pretty much achieve what a CRT looks like? Its much better than no scanlines. Or are these 'crt shaders' / 'ntsc shaders' / dithering required to resemble (more closely) a CRT monitor?

Mednafen if you want it to look good and be almost accurate and don't mind command line UI, or XEBRA if you think an actual UI and MAXIMUM ACCURACY is worth some audio visual jitter that can be remedied with some tweaking in the settings.

Do the Sonic 1 waterfall test, if your filter makes this properly semi transparent then all effects that rely on CRT quirks will work as intended.

I'm getting massive frame drops in the latest mednafen core on games like Threads of Fate. They fucked up. ePSXe runs it flawlessly.

Its not a filter. I'm just using Fusion emulator's "100% scanline" video option.

Those memelines are way too dark. Also

Congrats, your picture looks like ass.

The screenshot is darker than the actual screen, odd. Thanks for telling me cvbs filter is there. Looks nice.

Here's with cvbs, makes waterfall look much better.

If I may recommend, see about trying out the "MD NTSC" plugin by Blargg.

Turn it to 25% scanlines, the full effect is meant for something with phosphor.

without a CRT it's missing its proper phosphor glow for brighter colors which are essential to the look of the image. Sonic is not that dark.

I know, I put scanline to 50% now and its much brighter, when I put it on fullscreen the gamma seems to jump down because of a preset at 240p fullscreen or whatever res.

It's better than the Wii's virtual console, that's for sure.

There is an option to brighten the screen at the bottom of the video tab. You can also press Ctrl + 0.

I know, I put scanline to 50% now and its much brighter, when I put it on fullscreen the gamma seems to jump down because of a preset at 240p fullscreen or whatever res.

Yep saw it, i'll try that in a bit.

I'm not sure if its possible to add his project as a plugin. All there is online is his source code in C / C++ which converts an image to an output. On the bottom of the page http:// slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html#sms_ntsc
I'm going to guess that these things only work in RetroArch genesis-mega drive "cores" that come with plugins.

You can download it here: theisozone.com/downloads/pc/other/fusion-kega-genesis-emulator---plugins/

Thanks, I made it look much better now. Checked Brighten, checked off "Filtered", cvbs on and 25% scanline.

Nice. I tried the md ntsc plugin, it looks interesting, very similar to the cvbs, but it has a huge problem. At the waterfall the md ntsc filter bleeds in and out when sonic moves left to right, so the waterfall flickers between an oversaturated blue blob and a normal looking one.

Also guys, I just took a slow motion video of gameplay and the top half of the screen is literally behind by one frame, almost EVERY single refresh. My eyes hurt, maybe this is why, its really bad. Vsync fixed it completely.

What gives?

That looks really shit, not gonna lie.

Can't wait until we get a shader capable of blending dithering without making the entire image look like blurry piss.

Has their been any actual progress on it?

Yea, i'm pretty annoyed at the entire screen becoming blurry, especially looking at sonic / letters on GUI. I might just turn off the dither "cvbs" thing in a little bit. Atleast I learned to have v-sync on, didn't know every refresh had awful tearing.

Theres a special build for Sonic 06, where you can play the entire thing from start to finish.

What's the best way to emulate the original paper mario?
I remember project64 was a bit buggy when emulating it.
>tfw I have the game but my 64 is busted.

This is why my DC runs a GDEMU board and my Saturn runs with the Phoebe and new PSU.
VGA out is excellent on the DC.

How do I change game overrides on mGBA? I have a Fire Red rom hack that needs real time clock enabled for full function, but mGBA doesn't let me change them with a game loaded and doesn't let me apply changes without a game loaded.

The audio and visuals are a bit distorted sometimes, but beyond that p64 is fine

Anyone can recommend a decent romhack for Legend of Zelda (NES) or Link to the Past? I tried to play "Goddess of Wisdom" hack for LTTP but there is a game-ending screen bug about 2 minutes in.

Try Outlands and Legend of Link for Zelda 1, and Parallel Worlds for Zelda 3.

Thanking you.
Is there a good hack for Final Fantasy (NES) that isn't crazy on the difficulty? I find it hard to choose looking through 4 pages of hacks…

For everyone in this thread complaining about the horrible state of N64 emulation:
Nintendo is probably developing a N64 mini that will release next year.
cen64 is also working on a code re-write that will allow it to run on more modest hardware.

There are numerous ports of FF1 with rebalanced difficulty. For the NES version, you can git gud______.

I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the original game, I want to know if there are any good recommended ROM hacks that make a new quest, but aren't just hard for the sake of hard.

The problem with hacks is that you won't really get far with something like the original Final Fantasy that is actually good and or balanced. If you want to "replay" the original I recommend playing the Ps1 version. There is also Randomizer which is becoming very popular amongs't the autism scene known as speed running. The only FF that needs a lot of bug fixes is is FF2 for the nes.

I'm trying to emulate Ace Combat Zero on PCSX2, but it's really slow, about 60% speed tops. EE and GS usage are low, never surpassing 25%. I don't think it's because of my hardware, but my graphics card is a bit weak. I'm running this on an i5 3570k and an AMD 6670. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve getting new hardware?

Get new hardware.

Don't use AMD, get a new processor, stop being a poor fag.

So what's the recommendation for emulators on the PSVita. I'm going to use Retroarch for most systems, but really I need to know how it handles PSX games.

Ideally, I'd just run PSX and PSP games through the latest release of Adrenaline, but I can't get the Categories Lite 1.6 plugin to work with the latest build, so rather than just trigger my autism with an unfiltered mess - I figured I'd just run PSX through Retroarch too and just leave Adrenaline for PSP games.

Is there any benefits or downsides to using Retroarch over Adrenaline performance and options wise?

Suck my cock, it shouldn't run this slowly.

How about you fuck right off then and shove your shit gpu up your ass you ungrateful little nigger.
>>>/suicide/

Don't looks very good to me, it's halfway between smooth and rough.

Tried to make this post two days ago and that's the exact moment when my 670 finally decided to shit the bed. Had to wait two days for Prime to ship me a 1050ti as a stopgap card

i rate your post 3.5

That CPU could run Gran Turismo 4 maxxed out in 2013. Now runs like utter shit. The devs are making the emulator poorly optimized with each version to force you into buying a new CPU. Intel or AMD is paying them.

OY VEY, SPEND BIG BUCKS ON A FAST CPU SO YOU CAN RUN SNES GAMES! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING SNES9X EVEN THOUGH IT'S JUST AS ACCURATE AND LESS SLOW!

Is it incompatible with the lesser known N64 games or something?

AMD cards struggle with OpenGL at times, and especially for emulation. DirectX in PCSX2 fairs better in performance but is worse in accuracy. A 6670 is a blatantly midrange card from ages ago, the drivers for it are long since considered "legacy".

You have a better chance of emulating with software mode rather than hardware mode.

No, the devs aren't paid off and they aren't making it slower. You are just falling behind with outdated hardware.

Whoever that guy is, he sure as hell doesn't get how to make that joke works.

Project64 is from the dark ages of emulation where it was all closed source, paid, and came with nice malware in the installers. It's been opened up and cleaned up in recent times but it's hard to trust them when there is solid competition to choose from instead.

It's not hard to set up, the hardware you need to have to get the "demanding" games running right is specific.

Yeah, thus the filename. Honestly that's not what I thought that picture was going to be, but when you type "retard" and take the first result, I guess you're gambling.

What's the difference in practical terms though?
Do games run worse on it? Does it have less compatibility?

I haven't used it in many years but I always remember it having good compatibility and performance. The thing it lacked was accuracy. Everyone has their own opinion about how accurate emulation should be.

Oh I see. Thanks

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you might not actually be retarded, and are instead merely criminally misinformed on the subject. Go read the article about (((byuu))) in ArsTechnica which explains the issue you're having.

Negative. Project64 has a very hacky approach to emulation, similar to Bleem. You can't even play 1/10th of the N64's relatively tiny catalog on PJ64 without running into issues here and there.
The simple answer is that an emulator is "accurate enough" when you can play *99.X% of the library without any issues appearing that were not present on the original hardware. From there, it should be about how many (optional) enhancements you can offer without introducing any new issues.

*99.X% as there may be a fraction of a percent of games that abuse hardware quirks to achieve certain effects that may not be able to be replicated without achieving cycle accuracy

This motherfucker sounds like Mandark from Dexter's Lab.

Then explain how even using a guide, you can't get Dark Cloud to run any higher than 20 fps on a gtx 970 / 4.2 ghz 4-core

PCSX2 is garbo compared to even a bad console port.

Sounds like an ass blasted kike.

He sounds exactly like TLGamer.

Got freemcboot for playstation 2, looking for some good RPGs, I see the list the floats around but any options on the better ones I should try first?

is that the autistic retard who ranted about internet lingo and was banned from the grim dawn forums for being an assblasted retard

Millennial cuck talk belongs on >>>/reddit/

Is it finally that time?

Downloaded RPCS3 today to play Persona 5 and I only get a black screen. I think I saw the little hat in the lower right hand corner but nothing else. Tips?

PCSX2 is easy as fuck to get working. What is this fucking meme I keep hearing?

Are you sure you're not just mentally handicapped? Unless there's something specifically fucky with Dark Cloud, I don't think there should be any problem running it. I ran Dank Chronicle at 3x native res with fast forward on a shitty laptop with a far worse processor.

Any good dreamcast emulators?
I want to play virtual on and soul reaver

I've been playing Project Diva with PPSSPP. I'm pretty sure there's a ton of shit locked behind complete [X] song with [X] score on [X] difficulty while wearing the [X] outfit, but everything is in nip. I've even used cheats on a seperate save to auto perfect all available songs on all difficulties and there were still some songs locked. Is there a guide somewhere for unlocking everything? I've only found instructions to unlock outfits, not songs. There's an English patch, but it was made in such a way that it only seems to work if you have an actual PSP.

Nevermind. Found a guide.

No, but DEmul will probably get you where you want to be.
Why not just play it on PC?

PC version is 30fps only and doesn't have the textures or a way to put the DC texture in, not to mention even dealing with Demul being shit is easier than running the PC version on a modern system.

This. Dolphin devs probably work around the shitty opengl drivers for AMD because they do get better results even with AMD cards.

Emulating Project Diva 2nd now. Am I missing something, or is there now no way to tell what rank you got on a song before? It just says "CLEAR!!" on any songs you've completed, even if you got a perfect. The info it gives just before starting a song are max score, max combo, and total times you've played the song, none of which are things that determine your score unless you got a perfect. The info given by going to "play records" is no different. Whose idea was it to remove the feature by which, I would assume, most everyone decides what songs they need to replay?

hey, don't ever talk about original hardware, this is an emulation thread.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

see? now you went and made the emufags (>>13355580) mad. never talk about original hardware. It is just a social construct.

Is there any guide to using Edit Mode in Diva 2nd for PSP? The half assed English patch only seems to cover main menus, items, and songs. Is there any way to use custom backgounds like how you can use your own songs?

Also, is there anywhere I can get other people's custom songs? While it's fun to make shitty edits quickly using real time mode, I don't have the autism to make anything I'd consider worth saving.

I saw that instantly too. I'm guessing the animator made a small ear because if only the bottom half was shown, nobody would know what that represents. But still, the ear should be way above and not there.

Yes they would. It's called knowing what a human looks like
You entirely missed it. The main problem is not its size, though it could be a little larger, but its placement.

how do i fix the aero bullshit issue on mednafen?

PCSX2 is better than Dolphin, because Dolphin can't run as many PS2 games.

What's the best way to play wind waker? Dolphin or Cemu?

Both run great as long as you have decent hardware. Personally I am not a fan of WWHDs over abundance of bloom. In my opinion the best way to play is Dolphin at 1080p and as accurate as you can make it

You don't, mednafen disable desktop composition by itself.

Pretty sure there's been a patch to remove that overbloom if you want.

will this fuck up my system yes/no?
also: looking for a good ps1 emu for droid, been feeling like playing srwf and i need a good way to do so on the road.

No, you just lose things that come with aero for as long as mednafen is running and it might make a few things crash when you switch, nothing a reboot or even a simple log off from your user account won't fix.

right, so any good frontend? i heard about medgui

I just drag and drop the game on the exe because you really never have to change any settings except maybe once for PS1, so I can't really help you on that one

Finally stopped being a lazy fuck and downloaded Cemu. Does it need a bios or does it work straight out of the box?
Also, post those recommended Wiiu games pics.

You got a problem with that?

Read the fucking thread.

Why hasn't 8bitdo made dream cast controllers yet?

the amount of retarded people in here who don't know how to use PCSX2 is astounding. Most games work properly at 60fps 4-8x the resolution. Jesus Christ almighty i am angry you stupid ass faggots

Question, I want to play the first Shantae game.
Is there an emulator that does GBC and GBA games? Or would I need to get an GBC only emulator?

Use Gambatte for GB/GBC, mGBA for GBA.

Thank you.

webm unrelated

What's the problem with Visual Boy Advance for GBA?

Dead and less accurate.

A lot of people still use the original VBA which is even more dead than ZSNES. mGBA is more accurate and receives regular updates, but if for some reason you still want to use VBA, at least use VBA-M

Anyone know a good ps emu for android?vdome recommendede me gopsx

PCSXR ReARMed via Retroarch or ePSXe, nothing else is worth considering for android, FPSE is the only other emu that isn't just straight up repackaged open source code but it's paid and worse than PCSXR ReARMed so meh.

First off, your framerate problems are PEBKAC. Second, emulators are hard to make because console hardware design is more often than not a byzantine pile of shit and on top of that japdevs love to implement everything completely opposite to hardware spec and documentation. These games run only barely on the real thing, let alone on a reverse-engineered emulation layer on a radically different system made by hobbyist programmers on their spare time.

Trying to have a look at pcsxr-pgxp for perspective correction but when I put the gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.dll in the plugin folder I get this error.

Anyone know where to find workan DSP-n firmware roms for Higan?
I've been looking all over for them but the SHA256 never matches higan.readthedocs.io/en/v104/guides/import/
and icarus won't recognize any of them during imports.
Just curious to see how bad Mario Kart will lag out on my FX 8350 compared to some of the cinematic 32 fps boss fights in Megaman X2

Even the dumps on the emulation wiki?

So what is the best sega genesis emulator?

t-thanks user, I suppose it's time for me to commit seppuku.

Does anyone have the Shadow Hearts guide images?
The ones that had a lot of text and a WIP watermark.

Do these screens look blurry to you guys? I have several graphics packs on including native 1080p, HDR (called "contrasty" in the CEMU graphics packs github pack for some fucking reason but it's really just HDR), no AA, and high-quality shadows

Stop it.

Read the thread.

Ok, so I've been wanting to play Christian Whiteheads version of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, so I looked into emulating Android on PC. I pirated copies of both games and was going to run them with the Emulator and it was trying to force me to create a Google Play Account. Then I realized, that I probably need to jailbreak the Android Emulator and decided to just play the original on Kega Fusion. I tried to look up tutorials, or some useful information on the subject but found nothing helpful because most results where regarding how to jailbreak real phones or linking your real accounts to the shitty Emulators.

Dude just use Lucky Patcher to patch out the Google Play stuff.

So what's the progress on 3DS emulation?
I don't wanna buy a new 3ds just to hack and play 4 games.

H-How is he holding his glasses?

thanks for the heads up but its not working. Even after I successfully rebuild and reinstall the app it still is trying to force me to log into Google Play for some reason.

You do realize that no one has actually answered the question of "What's the best emulator for X system?" outside of the:

Genesis Plus GX

certainly not a "best of" list. But this is what I've been using for years out of lazy convince.
Nestopia
Visual Boy Advance
mGBA (as a backup)
epsxe 2.0.5
(PSX2PSPv1.4.2 is very helpful tool)
(I have the Mednafen installer but don't really want to bother with converting all my .PBP's files to .bin's and .cue)
Mame and FightCade
ppsspp
snes9x-x64 (primarily for most games)
Zsnes, Bsnes (depending on the game, translation or romhack)
Fusion364
DeSmuME
blueMSXv282full
PC Engine (with Alcohol 120% for CD games)
Project64
Edit: Project64.cfg[Support Project64]Run Count=-1
yes, I know… but lazy

Please stop posting now.

jej

When the fuck did they mention RetroArch? Are you fucking illiterate?

Speaking of which, it's the Dreamcast's 18th birthday today.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend only have English translation patches that require using plugins on an actual PSP since PPSSPP doesn't support plugins. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd happened to have a patch that didn't. Is there any way at all to play HM:PD or HM:PDE in English on PPSSPP? Preferably the latter since I'm done with the firt game.

Guess you have be just as retarded as byuu to assume that from my post.

Read the thread again nigger. We already discussed Demul. And SSF works fine for Saturn if you aren't a genuinely pants shitting stupid fucking nigger, like the kind that bitches about PCSX2 without knowing why it has issues with certain games because of the PS2 hardware, or thinks that mounting an iso is hard work.

A kind user on /miku/ gave me a partial patch for Extend. I'm trying to decrypt eboot.bin but I get pic related. I'm using prx decryptor 2.7a. Any advice?

Horrid. Emulation unlikely to advance any time soon due to how retardedly easy a real system is to hack and even a new-in-box 2DS being relatively cheap to acquire. New 2DS is $150, probably $100 secondhand, stock 2DS is $80 new and ~$50 secondhand

I suppose we'll never have decent Dreamcast or let alone Xbox emulation then.

It has the same specs as a new 3ds, right?
My problem is having to upgrade an old 3ds since i want to play mhxx and stuff, so I'll homebrew it for good measure

outing yourself as a retard in one post lmao

I think there's an xposed mod for bypassing that
also you can't jail break an android, that's apple nigger stuff

Yes, exact same hardware as N3DS save for the 3D effect.

Extend crashes every single time for me on PPSSPP when the first loading screen is supposed to appear. I've downloaded three isos from different sources, one of which was supposed to be pre-patched in English. It has to be a problem with the emulator. All the videos I can find of people playing Extend with PPSSPP are the mobile version of the emulator.

Got it to work on an older version of ppsspp.

spotted the SA goon

welp

You're in no position to call others goon, goon.

dude you dont need to root/jailbreak anything. just install the apk you pirated. go to settings>security> enable unknown sources and install the apk. no authentication required.

Whats the best setting for fps and sound in pcsxr-pgxp?
I'm getting sound crackling, in ePSXe it just worked with autodetectfps

This is what I have.

I've got all those settings, I'm trying to play gt2, maybe its just that game?