Mount & Blade thread

Why the fuck do these keep dying?

New Bannerlord gameplay footage from Gamescom, this time its from multiplayer of a new mode.
Captain mode lets you command A.I soldiers in 5 vs 5 battles.
Looks fucking great

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/twitch
pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/interview-taleworlds-arma287an-yavuzis-on-bannerlord,471435
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Real question is where are the butter churning mechanics?

In the singleplayer

So Denuvo confirmed or not? because those denuvo email leaks were concerning.

Dead on arrival.

Don't know, don't care, shits getting cracked either way.
Denuvo only dictates if I give Taleworlds my money or not.

Mod it faggot, you're going to have the tools to do that out of the box.

because theres literally nothing to talk about until bannerlord releases.

so when does it release ?

looks fucking great
also which faction are those eastern roman looking fuckers

I hope Freelancer is included in the base game, it's my autistic guilty pleasure in M&B whenever I'm bored.

Watcj the video again and look at the top of the screen.
Empire dumbass, theres like 3 Empire subfactions as well

Is that the mod where you fight as a common soldier?
Because that shit is out of the box somewhat.

Yes, it's the one where you play as a soldier. By out of the box you mean it's been confirmed to not be included in the base game ?

Because there is nothing to talk about unless there is a new feature revealed like on this occasion

It is 5 players versus 5 players, not 5 men free for all right?

It's 5 commanders on each side.
Each leading their own squad/party.

I am afraid I wont even be able to run it anyway

TLD remains the only M&B mod worth playing.

Yeah, probably bot as extensive as a mod.
Bannerlord lets you play as a Sargent in an army, I don't think theres actually any sort of progress from soldier to an officer and such.

Get a new rig faggot
Mid range for 500 dollars should be more than enough.

Fuckoff

10 players is a bit low, I hope that it can be modded. I'll never forget my first 300 player server. That shit was hilarious.

So they're just straight up trying to copy Tiger Knight: Empire War? I guess that means less Chinese fucks to annoy me.

Did you not play Tiger Knight?

Basically it's OP's vid. You've got your character and you select some troops to lead into a fight against other players and their troops. Came from China out of no-where and played a bit like Mountain Blade (but not too much) and everyone was raving about how it was one-upping Mounting Bane for a while. They had Chinese factions, added Rome shortly after, and I think they were adding India and Iran sometime later on.

It also had the annoying grind of a free multiplayer game like War Chunder or World of RussianBias. Got old after a while, hopefully the mode remains more popular than Tiger Knight did.

Yeah, I missed what you were saying, I see what you mean but its not like that idea wasn't stolen from a thing people wanted in mount and blade originally.

i just wish a single swing would hit multi enemies with diminished damage

this is already a gamemode in Napoleon total war, which came before nigger knight

it's been revealed somewhere that, you can do that. I think it was the first gameplay with the dev commentary.

napoleonic wars

That mode has existed in NW for fucking years.

I TAKE THAT YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FRIEND CONNECT TO YOUR SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN BATTLE AND PLAY AS ONE OF YOUR COMPANIONS AND LEAD SOME OF THE TROOPS TOO, RIGHT?

BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING WASTE IF YOU CAN'T

Already confirmed that its not happening.
heard some of the staff is trying to mingle with some shit for that to happen easily

now i just want a release date

At this point I don't even care. I just want the game to get released before Erdogan says vidya is anti-Islamic or some dumb cockroach shit like that.

I wish you could do that in Persistent World.

get outta here, chong dong

Wait a second are those couched spears?

Oh okay, I never played Napoleon Wars.

You seem mad.

If we knew that we wouldn't be in this situation we're in now. Not even the fucking devs know and they've even stated as such.

Bearing in mind, this is only one gamemode. They would be retarded to drop the huge player count servers. It's probably one of the main reasons the multiplayer is still thriving.

Further proof that you haven't even played it.

IT'S STREAMING ON TWITCH RIGHT NOW
>twitch.tv/twitch

Okay they wrapped up.. Fucking hell I swear that wasn't even ten minutes

That's (((twitch))) for you.

(((twitch))) main officer is located at san fran

what would you do for a release date?

that fucking sucks. is it reasonable to expect the game this year ?

I wish they implement proper horse collision by launch. It looks so awkward when they collide with each other into a sudden stop.

Consider they said we'd have the game in our hands, in whatever state, by the end of 2016. It's now nearing the end of 2017, the two big video game related events have come and gone, and they still have no idea when the game is coming out.

I expect it sometime around mid 2018, but even that's a dubious guess to make at this point.

And the sad thing about this is, besides a thick coat of paint and a couple new features and featurettes, it doesn't really seem to play that differently to warband does it? They've beefed up their old engine to what it is now, and there's been a lot of promises, and still no release date in sight. This game was announced back in 2012 if I'm correct, but if I'm not mistaken it would have been developed for a while before that as well. What if this just becomes a duke nukem forever scenario, and they're just scared they'll be constantly pushing back release if they did announce one? Who knows, I guess.

My hope is october, but I think that might be in vain

Are you going with that for the fact that that date was temporarily on the Steam page of the game?

What really pisses me off is that there's still no sign of troops being able to maintain a cohesive formation, every encounter still degenerates into 1 on 1 brawls.

From what I heard the cockroach in charge seemingly keeps changing shit all the time and the whole development suffers because of it. I honestly think the project is getting mismanaged considering it took them five years to hire a professional PR company to salvage their abysmal record of communicating with the community.

Also, I remember reading some interview that got leaked on the cockroach version of reddit where one developer talks about one problem that they are having making the game. Basically, when you use artillery to damage the wall the chunks that fall down are governed by physics, now the challenge is to make those chunks fall the same for every player on the server so that someone doesn't get stuck or hurt on his end but a different outcome happens for other people playing the instance.

Have you watched gameplay yet?

IF I DON'T GET BANNERLORD BY DECEMBER 2017 IM GOING TO KILL MYSELF

Yeah, I did. They still can't maintain a line, they just crash into each other and fight duels like in Warband. I want them to behave like troops in Total War.

I'm pretty sure I saw them stay put here and there when the player told them to hold their ground.

If you can point out the timestamps I'd be most grateful.

Better start tightening the noose then mate

Nevermind, I thought there were enemies around when they make a circle formation

Χαίρε βασιλιά! Κληρονόμος της Ρώμης και ίσος των Αποστόλων!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy there's a not-Roman faction so I can put every filthy barbarian to the sword and make them bend the knee and kiss the eagle.

I do wonder if there will be any significant differences in how the various faction troops behave, or if there is a proper morale mechanic implemented this time around so enemies actually rout in a realistic fashion instead of fighting to the bitter end nearly to a man.

I want waifu mods.

Ψάρια αλλού

More footage.

I want a mod that lets me collect waifus in a harem.

I am genuinely puzzled why they made this video. This feels like something you'd release right around the time the game was getting launched, not when you don't even fucking know the release date.

Still, it's nice to see that the AI troops actually can maintain a formation.

It was just subliminally there in my mind but it could be. I don't recall seeing that myself though

Well you can tell them to stand their ground and they'll just awkwardly stand in place, but you're right, I don't think there are many measures in place to prevent them from breaking a formation. What tends to happen is, the two armies generally fall into one another, and although it is essentially suicide to stray off too far, the AI tends to do whatever it likes, but it does prioritise closer targets I'm pretty sure so it's kinda loosely in formation I suppose.

I'm not surprised. I remember the original M&B and what a different fucking game that was vs Warband. Wasn't warband developed inside and outside of house as well? Pretty sure they had some player mods and whatnot in there and then spruced it all up into a game IIRC but I could be wrong

As for the rest, well.. It makes me feel more dismayed than hopeful to be honest, and towards the end people will probably be left dissatisfied with the final product I would think, since they'd been waiting so long to play it it would take a lot to make it seem worth the wait.

He might get his wish after all.
pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/interview-taleworlds-arma287an-yavuzis-on-bannerlord,471435

Leaked raw footage, no audio though.

I really hope that doesn't become the case.

Moar footage.

The first game did the same and turned out fine.

But this is CURRENT YEAR EA with paid beta

Does this looks like an half baked unfinished game?

I want to be someone's waifu, and then get kidnapped and raped.

Well shit.. Restores a bit of faith I guess EA bannerlord release > no bannerlord release

I'm not saying the first M&B was "Early access", but it was kind of close. A lot of stuff wasn't even stable at first, but the game got better down the line. I'm not happy with EA scheme, but it is better than nothing.

The first M&B was done like this
except you didn't have to pay for older builds

M&B was EA before the EA moniker was even invented, and the cockroach said it might be a possibility, not something set in stone. Still, Bannerlord looks much more finished than the original was when it got released to the public, so I'm not really worried, they seem to have hammered out the majority of the core gameplay.

That's pretty much what I said on that post. I rather have games being released completed with -at least- the bulk of the Bugs ironed out. But that's probably not viable here and, given their track record, it shouldn't be a big issue.

i really want to know if my main character is knocked out, can i play as one of my troops? Can my character die?

It goes into spectate mode afterwards kinda like most of warbands mods did.
I think you can also control your troops afterwards however, but not play as one.

Bump

I'm doing a new playthough of M&B with Floris Expanded, I'm wondering though, has anyone here ever gotten a game where Swadia was dominating without any exterior help (you) ? I like their units but the AI for that faction is so retarded I almost feel bad for them.

No.

1257 managed to make them stay in formation, but I don't know how. Also has the only good horse archer AI.

Reminder you can be fucking thick in Bannerlord

Doesn't help that they're stuck right in the middle, so what usually happens is they end up getting buttfucked. Rhodoks also consistently beat them thanks to shield wall/spear combo.

That's not real thick!

During Multiplayer?

But feminist level thickness would cause you to just die in the fantasy medieval world where the best luxury in life is butter.

God I fucking hope we get some of the modders from Skyrim. They're autistic as fuck, but you can't say some of those people don't make quality shit.

What happened to dickplomacy? Is it still being updated secretly or is it going to be left in the current iteration?

We likely will if Bethesda keeps fucking with the modding community and pushing paid mods. Then again, I imagine that with the new tools and enhanced graphics, as well as meme status, Bannerlord will attract quite a big modding community.

I would be erect with a LotR overhaul.

FIX THE FUCKING SIEGES IF I HAVE TO PLAY ANOTHER SHITTY SIEGE AT 2 FPS LIKE IN WARBAND WHERE YOU'RE STUCK IN THE FUCKING SIEGE RAMP I'LL KILL MYSELF

Also berserk mod when?

Isn't there already a mod underway? If I recall they're busy making armor and weapon models in preparation for Bannerlord's launch.

Sieges are already fixed. Have you been living under a rock or something?

So theres 100 vs 100 and it ends where only 15 guys survive. How is this a win?

BECAUSE THE ENEMY IS LEFT WITH 0 YOU STUPID FAGGOT

Yes, I literally never used Holla Forums before. I'm from /fit/. The only games I ever played are mount and blade warband, pokemon until diamond and pearl, the first deus ex and tons of crappy flashgames in the 00

Here, let me spoonfeed you. I understand roids can damage the brain.

also age of empires , the reason for I came here in Holla Forums today, to get news about the incoming relaese of aoe 4

Newfag I bet you'd get hooked on creatine instantly.

I don't know what you faggots get up to, and I don't want to know. But anyway, here's a good video of two smelly French surrender monkeys playing the newest multiplayer mode semi-competently.

kek can you break the castle doors with fucking swords? Does it work live this in every castle? There are rams?

Brostuff user, you wouldn't understand, you're probably not even >5%

Maybe? I don't think any of the developers have talked about it.

I imagine you could hack down a wooden door with axes eventually.

In the video, you can even take control of the thing and smash the door yourself.

This game looks so good. I'm so very weary of getting hyped for games now, too many times I've been burned, but I think I'm finally willing to hope. Please don't fuck this up Taleworlds.

Shit, man, the multiplayer showcase completely sold me. Those horse charges are a thing of beauty, you can feel the horse smashing into an infantry line and trampling them under its hooves.

I've never in my life preordered a game before. This might be the first time. From what we've seen, what could possibly ruin this? Denuvo aside.

Recommend some good mods for Warband

When the fuck is L'aigle gonna be updated

NEVER

I don't care anymore
Just give me the game so I can kill myself in peace

Something about the sound effect/design and music is really lacklustre to me. The new music is like Rome 2 Total War's to Rome 1's and medieval 2's.

What I noticed immediately is that everything was almost silent without any music on, with the only sounds being someone yelling out after swinging / getting hit or the vague clopping sounds of horses. I don't know what they'd do to fix it but it just seems lifeless, I agree. The music is generico 'copyright free medieval ambiance', but I assume that it's either exclusive to the video or it'll be changed in the future.

The yells have changed though. In the earlier videos they were still using the old Warband ones, now they put in place the new versions, so I think sound design is still a work in project. Also, they did mention that each faction will have their own music made with real medieval instruments.

I hope all the trailer/video music is placeholder or rarely played at the very least.

It doesn't matter. Easily moddable stuff like OSP and soundtracks can easily be remedied. JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING MEME.

the multiplayer button, you'll never look back

Because the only real value of Mountain Blade is it's single player campaign, but not just the battles, the overworld strategy and politics is important, I'm just going to take the minimal showing of these features to say that they are still as shallow as Mountain Blade 1.

I believe there was one video session before E3 (gamescon 2016?) that shown the overworld features.

Considering they made a blogpost specifically about music I think it's one of those things they want to get right. Then again, mods will likely introduce their own music so that's not really a problem.

They've already showcased the improved diplomacy, where you can use faction reputation points to make the AI do things for you, you can trade towns and cities and all other kinds of stuff.

The head cockroach also said trading was now a viable way to "win" the game and that you didn't need to engage in the realm's politics or field a large army. Also, there's the new introductory quest that gives you the ability to make choices (and is a blessing for any mod that wants a more robust narrative), the ability to betray your initial quest giver and switch sides, running a crime empire, etc.

They're tight lipped on everything, which is a pity and a sign of bad PR, but everything they've shown so far, and keep in mind all of that has been raw gameplay that people got their hands on and tried, looks like a quantum leap compared to Warband.

That's because bannerlord has severely nerfed lolfeint

So after hopping between a few kings I've been wronged by Ragnar for the last time and decided to take up his claimant's cause.
Thing is I can find the fucker, or any of the claimants for that matter.
A traveler would tell me a claimant is in, say Shariz, I'd go to the tavern and he wouldn't be there.
This sounds a lot like a bug, but google didn't bring anything up, did anyone have a similar experience? how do I fix it?

fuck my ass, I meant I CAN'T find the fucker

lolfeint used to be piss me off especially when I tried doing 1000 man battles, you'd have 1000 units run up to each other and you're the only one that charged in so immediately you get rekt. Fucking game. I hope the AIs a bit more aware of the player this time and actually bothers to tell me when its going to charge.

There's already the usual suspects whining at the devs to bring the cancer back so they can ruin the game for everyone else.

Destroying castle doors is already in warband MP, so it's nothing really new there.

The claimants are in the lord's halls.

Maybe in the way that warband does it it looks kind of retarded, but I guess we'll just have to see.
It also worries me that the player characters seem to be doing so much more damage than other characters and to the other characters.
What the fuck is that about?

It's retarded in the same way players in Chivalry exploit a glitch to spin around and fuck with everyone else. It is not how the combat is intended to play out, let alone realistic that you can stop a hit at any point in the animation. They're cancer, and the people that use them doubly so.

It could be that the PC is on a higher level, but I've, at least with the cavalry, they seem to kill just as well as the player if they hit with a lance. I like the combat, it feels chunky, the hits have weight to them and people die very quickly.

I assume the interface is not yet finalized. They moved the kill indicators to the top right and changed it from text to graphics (which I don't like since it's difficult to tell who killed what).

I wish Lust wasn't that good at multiplayer sometimes.

It's not a glitch, so I wouldn't call it an exploit. Guess all 1v1 duels are cancer then by that logic. Keeping your opponent guessing is just tactics, the way it looks in warband isn't authentic perhaps but the majority of animation doesn't look 1:1 authentic to real life.

If it affects other areas, such as hit cancel (proper feint), and not just spinning your weapon about like a retard then this will be a problem for sure but not for people who are entry level in this game anyway I would imagine.

Just seems heavily biased in favour of the captains. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

I'm starting to get worried in all honesty. I guess we'll find out if this will be worth all the wait.

The graphics have really improved since the last footage shown.

They fired the ginger wonder.

It's a cancerous. I have nothing against refining the system, but even TW seemed to find it an obnoxious way to play the game and took steps to prevent people from using such a "feature".

It's not like being the captain turns you into a juggernaut, three soldiers going after you is already a death sentences, since they don't go one behind the other like in Warband and are pretty happy to bash and kick you.

About what? The interface? Previous builds featured the old system of displaying messages, and TW is doing a fairly good job with it. I only wish the inventory was a grid, not a list.

NOW
I wish

It's like mount and blade all over again except you get to keep the game when it releases instead of having to buy it twice.
At least they went down the jew scale but it's still fucking EA.

I haven't played native enough to remember but just because a faction doesn't win most of the time doesn't mean the troops are worse, because lords generally have the last few troops in the troop tree and while it might make them OP, for you it's a pick between having a mix of shitty soldiers that after a long time might level up to be good if they don't die and having an homogeneously high level army of so-so troops.

Wew what did he do? And who's doing the community outreach pogroms now.

Other than being completely shit at his job, ginger and an e-sports goblin? Nobody knows, he seemed pretty salty about leaving.

TW has now hired some other dude and a professional PR firm.

Wew that has to sting, considering that he invested in the job enough to move to Roachland and all.

Well not just that. This thing has been in development for such a long time now, and over the years it seemed like it was pretty much near done from the gameplay videos they had available, so I don't really understand what's left to do. A lot of things about warband were good as it was, I just sort of hoped bannerlord would be a fresh coat of paint and with some new features what they showed in a gameplay video back in 2016/2015 seemed perfectly fine. Changing the way the original game worked is a bit of a red flag, even if that change might be minute, these small changes could add up to make something bigger than the sum of its parts. That's what I'm worried about.