ACE COMBAT

WHERE MY ACE COMBAT NIGGAS AT

New trailer for 7.

Pretty princess of Erusea might not be so pretty after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=636b3Ajp4e0
fictionalcrossover.wikia.com/wiki/UGSF_Timeline
unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/epic-games-awards-over-200-000-in-new-unreal-dev-grants
mega.nz/#!hdNmFZDY!YpX7FmCVsIohCRz63Suc47Olo6iJ05YAouzHbaKBIZY
mega.nz/#!ZRdV0agY!j9jZn2vFLzCl9bBCdE70WfbaUVBLmI_0gUVkKyTCeuY
mega.nz/#!tIEhCbwT!VdffqXxEDpPLdXzz5GJm-LKTHlIP7ZZZiR9GybsFX14
mega.nz/#!NdVREDYJ!dyqiVVFiDkKgmPntWYgMBFpuTAPzr9vatDh5FVToJy4
mega.nz/#!UNMmjL4A!LZZrDurory6YLs_6N7fWmj9XoAENrQboEJAtWeGe6rM
mega.nz/#!cF1zRLiY!t1tVj7i3Oy9l9zirj40eUC-uqzRxNUj5RWrFpGixJ7k
mega.nz/#!j45AgabB!rCUE-drpxSpEO65gSfL_LR3Lk9MDRLzffMoeYAsujqs
mega.nz/#!1Q9CkCBQ!-k18FqzQVauxQBT5Fkx7F_69dsopYyftR6uUb5hWi54
rb-d2.itch.io/wingman
zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
mega.nz/#!4AMl2CLI!HUyhNzmmIo-848mmwXKq7NYvY0XQLeL-1BYnMTxGRb4
mega.nz/#!gQVEhIBD!WWuZFHoQn34HQNsPtZJpbnuCT6_qWcBLsHqR1t9EX1A
dualshockers.com/ace-combat-7-interview/
defensenews.com/air/2016/05/11/air-force-pilots-maintainers-on-f-35-pros-and-cons/
defense.gov/News/Article/Article/602859/hagel-talks-with-f-35-pilots-maintainers-at-eglin-afb/
sldinfo.com/f-35-maintainers-for-the-f-35a-at-eglin-rolling-out-a-new-capability/
breakingdefense.com/2017/06/pilots-say-f-35-superior-within-visual-range-dogfight-criticisms-laid-to-rest/
nettsteder.regjeringen.no/kampfly/2016/03/01/f-35-i-naerkamp-hva-har-jeg-laert-sa-langt-the-f-35-in-a-dogfight-what-have-i-learned-so-far/
businessinsider.com/why-f-35-worth-every-penny-heritage-foundation-2016-8
foxtrotalpha.Stop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This looks breddy fugging gud. It's PC confirmed, right?
Can someone give a quick rundown on the factions to a pleb newfag of the series?

Might be cool.
Or not.

Still has the same gameplay as the games before DFM

They showed gameplay recently.

PC confirmed? youre fucking shitting me really.

Alright, sorry lad, I just remember the PS2 titles from way back when, didn't know a Steam release was guaranteed.

Has Steam at the end of the trailer.

It's more like countries instead of factions. Belka is Germany, Osea can be likened to the European Union. USEA is the USA. Yuktobania is Russia. I don't know what Erusea can be likened to, but it's a kingdom in 7.

Most of the series takes place in a world called Strangereal, and there are references and effects of old wars, like Belkas setting off nukes on their own soil.

I don't think it can top AC5, sorry but it's most likely true.

That's fine. It'll probably still be good like Zero or 4.

So, who's doing the PC port and should we be worried?

Bamco does inhouse ports
Seeing as its UE4 it shouldn't be a problem though, they've been handling ports pretty well recently.

Each game story is fairly self contained user, while it's highly recommended you play the previous games it's for fun, not lore. Though they do make references to factions in multiple areas.

In AC4, Erusea are aggressors who try to take over all the countries in the continent of Usea, and you need to fight back with ISAF military forces. In AC5, you play as Oseans who are notAmerica while fighting a war against Yuktobania who are notRussia. Later in the game you find out a country called Belka who are notGermany have been doing some things behind the scenes. In AC Zero, you're going back in time to the 90s to fight as a mercenary in the Belkan war, with Osean and Yuktobanian allies. It appears in AC7 that you're fighting as Oseans against the Eruseans, because Osea can't help but swing its dick around.

Will Erusea be dumb enough to Nuke itself though?

This is why you don't deserve the clay.

It still hurts.

Only a Belkan could think of and execute a plan of this genius

THREAD THEME
first attempt at webms. File size is too big and I have no idea why

This is going to be fun.

Buying groceries

The large picture at 60fps doesn't help. I usually have smaller pictures then set the frame rate to 1fps. Then the audio bitrate takes up most of the space. This one has an audio bitrate of 192kbps.

Also
>ffmpeg.exe -i -r 1 -loop 1 -i -c:v libvpx-vp9 -crf 20 -b:v 0 -g 9999 -sn -c:a libopus -b:a k -shortest -auto-alt-ref 0 -f webm -threads 5 output.webm

All you need to know is Belka did nothing wrong and repeatedly got fucked by globalism.

Was that a fucking F/A 18 pulling a cobra?

Ace Combat was never good.

shouldn't algorithms just werk and realize its the same picture and do some smart shit and save space, if not, shame on VP8

Oh fug. Make sure you use VP8 with my template. VP9 is buggy

Air Combat and Ace Combat 2 are the only good AC games, tbh.

Ace Combat Zero was the best in the series. Nothing will top it and I'll just have to live with that fact.

That's like saying you are worthless as a person unless you're the second coming of Christ. As long as it's equal to or better than 6 I'll be happy.

Guess I'll have to buy some kind of VR headset in 2018.

What should an user that knows almost nothing about Ace Combat play on the PS1?

Play the PS2 games if you can. Else play AC2 and nip version of AC3 with the fan translation

AC2 + AC3JP with the translation
And listen to Air Combat ost.
youtube.com/watch?v=636b3Ajp4e0

Truly the most realistic way to get into Ace Combat.

Definitely day 1 pirate, those Bamco niggers aren't getting one red cent from me. Also, fuck Osea I would never willingly pay to play as ZOG in Strangereal again.

This franchise was always garbage

Everyone knows Ace Combat Zero = 4 > 5.

More like Zero = 5 > 4. They're all great but any game focusing on Snow-Belka and the Seven Nukes is instantly better than those without

Nope, 5 was infested with the "muh fighting to stop all warz" meme that infested most of anime and games back in the 00's, instantly docking it points.

I still say that being in a penal squadron is gonna make the player pilot and his wingmen do some dirty shit for Osea and eventually defect to Erusea when they've had enough.

5 could be a little preachy, but it worked fine for the plot. It's not like the anti-war theme clashed with the story. If you're telling a story about international espionage and the team of pilots who worked to end it, it would make sense for there to be an anti-war theme. Not to mention pretty much every AC since 5 has had some semblance of that anti-war theme ever since. Hell, "muh fighting to stop all warz" was the entire reason why Pixy joined A World Without Borders.

looking at the hanger screen. i can tell that they will have the same upgrade system as AC: infinity. you will be able to upgrade your jet. higher Dmg/ max speed/ acceleration etc.
i just hope its not it doesnt have the same unlock tree and level up system

Does that mean there'll be horrible in game purchases like AC: infinity had?

highly doubt it.
the purchases in AC:I were there to fund the game and AC7 since AC:I was technically free to play.
but then, i could be wrong.

everyone knows it's JP3>4=0>>5. Nothing excuses the lack of a return line, the amount of time doing nothing in the missions and the very existance of final option.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading somewhere that there will definitely not be microtransactions. Either way though I really doubt there will be any in the game, the worst we'll likely see is DLC.

I was shocked for a moment at how prevalent shit taste was in this thread, but then I remembered I was on Holla Forums.

My nigga.

I still haven't finished 5. I hate that mission where you have to synchronize with your team and take down radar buildings simultaneously. FUCK THAT MISSION I HATE IT YES DAVENPORT YOU NIGGER WE NEED TO BE SYNCHED TOGETHER WHY ARE YOU SO DENSE WHY DO YOU NEED ME TO REMIND YOU THAT WE'RE ALL ON A SCHEDULE HERE FUCK YOU GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ALSO BACK OF THE COIN IS A SHIT SONG GET BETTER TASTE IN MUSIC ASSHOLE

getgud faggot

make sure that once you do beat it you bring an A-10 for mission 18, it's a highly air to ground mission that works best with BRRRT

I find it hilarious that I had a fuckload of trouble beating that mission in an A-10 but breezed through it in a F-35C.

we need an emblem if the game has clan support
i can make something. or do we have one?

I was flying a Tomcat and I failed the mission at the start about 3 times because I kept hitting the afterburners and going to fast, missing the synch up.

Then I just coasted and got through it easy.

So is it early 2018 or are they gonna kick us in the balls and make it a holiday 2018 game.

also

I wonder if they'll port over the Trilogy in HD to compensate.

This is a squad patch I doodled a while ago that I think could be a good fit (with some edits of course)

Because someone else doesn't like the same thing as you? Blow a shotgun fedora faggot

I agree with you that 5 = zero > 4, but don't be a nigger. The holy trilogy and JPAC3 are some of the best games out there.

Meh.

I do hope to see a subversion. Cute waifu-tier princess that lost her throne and you have to help? I hope she turns out to be the villain.

Is it going to be the usual $60 at launch? It's been a long time since i purchased a game so i might as well have some saved up for this.

They better not fuck it up like with Assault Horizon

MULTI-CULT!

Fuck that shit.
A world WITH borders and giant fucking walls! With machineguns.

Yeah, and Cypher curbstomped them into dust.

Most likely. Also, never buy a game at launch.
I'm hyped for this game as hell, but even I won't buy it at launch because I know how it usually ends.

There is also a high risk of denuvo plaguing this game so don't buy it just for that reason if anything.

If the multiplayer turns out to be subpar then i'll just get it on a sale. I already dropped about $20 give or take on Infinity back then and that was some extreme milking to the fanbase from Bamco

Oh yeah, im worried about what will happen to projects 'inspired' by AC like Project Wingman, hopefully they won't be completely left in the dust after this.

Have an image dump.

PW is looking pretty good at the moment

What is your princess watching, fellow aces?

What's the bet there will be a Trump figure in this game?

Judging by the latest trailer Princess Rosa is a Trump figure.

Make Belka Great Again

This shot alone makes her seem a bit deceptive. Who knows. Maybe it's another "both sides are at fault"

I'm pretty sure that dog is just a stock photo.

Only the greatest movie ever

I think this is the start of a new meme.

still need to fix the colors. any suggestions?

We've had an emblem for ages.

5>4>6=zero

WebM version.

Do you anons like this better? Quickly changed the colors. I kinda think it's better this way honestly. After all, red is our color.

I like the red better.

Looks good, but isn't that just copying off mobius squadron's emblem?

(Checked)
That's an older one, here's a slightly more original version

Change the colors to the ones from
Red is our color lads, never forget that.

Green is site logo color though.

If you can't deal with it just restart the game and when you get to the mission where you shoot down bombers while the radio screeches some shit about you bombing chilluns chopper will ask you some shit about hearing a song called "face of the coin". Whatever you responded with last time just choose the other and you'll be dropping not-bombs on poison gas clouds to dissipate them at an Osean city instead of having jittery faggot archer whine about not being ready.

I wish there was more Holla Forums.co original content

ftfy

Me too user, but sadly I'm not a drawfag. I use paint for my OC and it's rarely high quality. Here is some OC that is kinda on the rare side around here.

HAHAHAHAHA no. It's literally a democracy based on the US, with a president getting elected every 4 years. ISAF is the closest you get to an EU scenario but that's more like NATO than a trade group. Everything else is fairly accurate. Erusea used to be a fascist state taking over Usea in AC4, and ISAF was formed to fight back. Now Erusea is a monarchy. Probably closest to Italy.

PSVR only, so far.

It's probably more like the PSP/3DS games with being able to customize only specific planes. Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

It's like you hate fun.

How is this mission ever a problem? Never failed it once. You launch missles as they count down and if it's destroyed before they're done with the final countdown, it's a success.

TOO SOON

The music in the trailer is already stuck in my head. The dream is real boys.

I really like the music in this trailer.
I hope the soundtrack is just as good.

Is this going to be Pixy jousting match 2: laser bogaloo?

>Implying it won't be President Pixy of the Osean Federation Making Belka Great Again

Yet what is a Nation?

Rumia that's a military aircraft what are you doing there?

watching this new trailer was pure ecstasy, legit euphoria was achieved.

I'm hoping that we get to blow up the space elevator for hime-chan eventually.

I've had enough of hipster, post-modern subversions. I want to protect qt princess' smile.

Obligatory

When the fire witnesses a great rising, Bane reveals himself…
First, as the Masketta Man. As a big guy, he uses the Wreckage Brother to try to grab your prize, and then he is shot before being thrown out of a plane.
However, after a period of hotheadedness, Bane returns, this time, as a big guy for you.

s-sauce?

Wouldn't something as big as an orbital elevator fuck up everyone's day (as in the whole planet) if it fell back to the surface?

Not the whole planet but everything on its path, yes

Pretty much all the proof that you need that AC5 is best AC.

Looks like they get raped and you eventually get to help fix their shit

That was easy. Now I can understand getting raped by the Excalibur laser the first time it appears in Zero.

Fuck you too Bandog.

Am I the only one that fucking hates this design? Like I get that this is Ace Combat and there's very little thought given to realism here but this thing looks like a fan fiction plane someone posted on deviantart. Like, whoever designed this probably just looked at a list of things that make planes maneuverable and slapped them all together like "let's see here let's give it a low-aspect forward-swept wing with canard but let's make them a shape where they can't move cause that's a good idea and then give it a pelican tail because that won't fuck with the CoL at all and shit I guess we have to put intakes on there too… How about in the rear on top of the fuselage? Yeah this seems plausible." Even the previous superplanes (with the exception of AC3's bullshit designs) at least looked plausible. This doesn't even look futuristic, this is what a 5 year old thinks futuristic planes look like.

It's an R Series aircraft user. Famous in Ace Combat.

The thing that is bugging you isn't the design, it's the rendering. Unreal 4 physically based rendering plus thing that doesn't exist equals uncanny valley.

So not only is it an expendable prisoner squadron, but they are being used as guinea pigs for the possibly dangerous prototype piloting systems in the aircraft?

I don't know shit about Ace Combat. My hardware is PC and PS3: which should I get first?

STOP TALKING ABOUT MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE

YOU GUYS ARE LOSER VIRGIN DWEEB NERDS AND AREN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY IT

FUCK. OFF.

I BET YOU ARE CASUAL FUCKHEADS WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT GALAGA AND ACE COMBAT ARE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE, NOW BUZZ OFF

Hey faggot, every single game under the Bandai Namco banner is in the same universe. It even goes as deep as Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer is the sister of Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 2 and 5.

Now take your shitposting back to cuckchan you little cunt.

Emulate Ace Combat 4, then 5, then 0 on PC. Then emulate 1, 2, and the fan translation of 3 on PC. The only ones on PS3 is Infinity which is a F2P spinoff and Assault Horizon which is absolute garbage and should never be played by anyone.

It's pretty obviously not an R-series craft dude. The layout is completely different. Honestly though among all of AC3's weird fictional designs the 101, 102, and 103 are the only ones I genuinely like. The rest of the fictional designs range from okay to trash.

I've played 3 dude. Hell, I even mentioned it in my previous post. Trust me, the design is 100% what's bugging me here. This thing looks about as feasible as a fighter as Iran's F-313.

I don't think it's a fighter, I think it's a drone. One designed for superior speed and maneuverability.

Which AC is the one that's often memed, as to say the "can you see borders from here"?

You're thinking of Ace Combat 0.

Chronologically, 0 takes place before 5 but I still recommend playing in release order. AC4 is my personal favorite, but if you are emulating it you need to make sure you can play it in full speed in software mode to avoid graphics glitches. If your CPU isn't fast enough for that, then playing 5 and 0 via hardware acceleration does manage to work without graphics glitches (in OpenGL that is, DirectX11 has some issues).

If it's a drone built for high speed and maneuverability so that it can combat aerial targets then it's a fighter. A fighter is any aircraft designed for air-to-air combat, and a drone is simply an unmanned aircraft. Those two terms aren't remotely mutually exclusive.

I don't see any weapons on it though. No missiles, guns, or the new lasers. Doesn't look like it can fight, just fly real gud.

Of course it has weapons. If ace combat can manage to fit air-to-air missiles and a gun in a F-117 then they can certainly find a way to fit an internal weapons bay on that abomination (WHERE DOES IT KEEP ITS FUEL?!). Seriously do you think they would put a highly maneuverable aircraft in the game that couldn't fight? What use would that have? Maybe developing a drone fighter that can't fight is gonna be the Erusea version of Belka nuking itself.

The pilot at 1:50 look like the Mosquito Man.

They are missing out honestly.

Which I can't blame you really seeing as it was 360 exclusive. In that game there are fast and highly maneuverable drones that don't attack you directly. They only serve as a targeting location for cruise missiles. They can't attack you directly.

Now think about the space elevator. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big old laser on top that uses unarmed drones for targeting.

Also the ID changed because phone posting.

Project Wingman got 200k from Epic apparently. The project should be fine.

So does that mean Mobius One is in Tekken?

What? Sauce?

Well I said Bandai Namco but really I should have just said Namco.

fictionalcrossover.wikia.com/wiki/UGSF_Timeline

Tekken and Soul Calibur are the same universe though.

huh, now that's some crazy shit.

unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/epic-games-awards-over-200-000-in-new-unreal-dev-grants

I also asked the We Shall Wake guy if he wants to use UE4 instead of his custom engine so he can get money. but I'll doubt he'll say yes.

Holy shit that is awesome. Good for them.

physically unpossible. Edge from 2 is in 4 as an Air Ixiom pilot, she'd be too old to be a nugget in 5. Reiko is hinted to be related to the Edge of AC2, since you also meet Reiko during the Real Racing Roots 99 (RRT4), around the time AC2 takes place.

Ask me anything about Ridge Racer, I seem to be the resident autist about it because I fucking love that series.

Yeah but did they prominently show those drones in the trailer for AC6? Come on man use your head here. They're clearly building this thing up as some mysterious super-drone.

AC 1, 2, and 3 are technically canon but Ace Combat 04 is also a reboot of the universe so the previous games are retconned so they can fit in to the new games. Clearly her place in AC4 is just to solidify the initial universe retcon, and her appearance in AC5 is just a full-blown total reboot of the character. I still say it's the same character. Though I will say that AC2's remake does pose a problem for my theory.

If Namco is cooking up a new Ridge Racer right now I bet you AC5 Kei is going to be promoted alongside her sister in a new RR, not AC2 Kei.

That would have given away the surprise. Now that it's been done once before, showing it off a bit won't be as big of an issue, and we all know that this franchise is full of ideas being repeated. I fully accept that I could be completely wrong and the thing might have 600 XMAAs tucked inside it because magic, but for now I'm going to call it like I see it.

Hardly original.

Makes sense given that the ps2 version of Soul Caliber 2 lets you play as Mishima.

That and Yoshimitsu exists in both series.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's just a whole bunch of Reiko's and Kei's that happen to be sisters at this point, because Reiko should also be old as shit but still looks/is pretty young for being a race queen, despite having been in RRR99 and coming back after V. And don't get my hopes up for a new Ridge Racer, Bamco is milking mobile for all it's worth. I'm happy Ace Combat didn't get trapped in there and is merely in DLC skin hell.

RAZGRIZ SLAUGHTER BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

And I had enough of perfect princesses and waifu-pandering.

I want a side that looks bad but is good, and side that looks good but is bad, rather than the black-white bullshit

You just described a black and white scenario but the only thing that changed is outward appearance. If you want shades of grey then no one is good or bad. Just opposed to each other.

Goddamn Belka.

New gameplay!

I think it's because a real jet fighter doesn't have any design, it's purely the function shaping the form. Here this model screams esthetism and design

To be fair, the SU-27 and derivatives are really fucking A E S T H E T I C

NANI?! KANSEI DORIFTO?!

No, that's the Eurasians and likely the rival ace to the player.

I'm betting the likely scenario is that the older test pilot we've seen in the cutscenes is doing everything he can to keep manned aircraft viable since the Eurasians seem to be switching over to UCAVs. Hence the possible backseat AI and experimental flight suit. Also he evidently has two young daughters or something. That always adds to the drama.

Yellow 13 showed that. It wasn't enough that he was the enemy ace, what made him such a memorable enemy was that you knew he had a life outside of fighting and a lover, who you also killed.

10/10

webum'd for your shitposting needs

Stolen from the general thread OP in case anyone wants to play the previous games:

DON'T HAVE ONE OF THE GAMES?
Well here you go:
Air Combat (Easily skippable but worth playing if you want to see where it all began):
mega.nz/#!hdNmFZDY!YpX7FmCVsIohCRz63Suc47Olo6iJ05YAouzHbaKBIZY
Ace Combat 2:
mega.nz/#!ZRdV0agY!j9jZn2vFLzCl9bBCdE70WfbaUVBLmI_0gUVkKyTCeuY
Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere:
mega.nz/#!tIEhCbwT!VdffqXxEDpPLdXzz5GJm-LKTHlIP7ZZZiR9GybsFX14
Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies:
mega.nz/#!NdVREDYJ!dyqiVVFiDkKgmPntWYgMBFpuTAPzr9vatDh5FVToJy4
Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War:
mega.nz/#!UNMmjL4A!LZZrDurory6YLs_6N7fWmj9XoAENrQboEJAtWeGe6rM
Ace Combat 0 The Belkan War:
mega.nz/#!cF1zRLiY!t1tVj7i3Oy9l9zirj40eUC-uqzRxNUj5RWrFpGixJ7k
EXTRA SHIT
Aces at War artbook:
mega.nz/#!j45AgabB!rCUE-drpxSpEO65gSfL_LR3Lk9MDRLzffMoeYAsujqs
Complete Soundtracks of every single Ace Combat game:
mega.nz/#!1Q9CkCBQ!-k18FqzQVauxQBT5Fkx7F_69dsopYyftR6uUb5hWi54
Project Wingman (Fanmade game inspired by Ace Combat):
rb-d2.itch.io/wingman
Open Horizon (Open source implementation of Assault Horizon's renderer and physics with DFM removed, will eventually be able to play all earlier PS2/360 AC levels and custom maps):
zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/

Sauce? Did you draw this? I love this and the other one from a while back.

I ask this fucking yearly, but hopefully this time I'll actually finish a game.
Anyway, what's the best order to play for a lorefag? I don't mind playing older games first, I'm just interested in plot and fun.

Here

lol

Alright, thanks.

Bane will appear in Ace Combat 7

These get posted to plebbit first, so I assume it's OC from there. Or that there's an artist's account somewhere I don't know about.

Alrighty well I'd recommend going with this order if you're going for the lore: ACZero (both because it takes place before the rest of the series and it's a prime example of the best the series has to offer) > Assault Horizon Legacy (AC2 remake with more story) > AC4 > AC5 > AC6 > ACX > AC7

The original AC1, 2, and 3 are technically not canon anymore as Strangereal was completely redesigned for AC4. Their wars still happened (except for 3 for spoiler-y reasons) however the events of the games aren't canon.

The Z.O.E anime already involves an orbital elevator being the central part of a conflict though.

AC3 and AC0 links are dead.

So when Ace Combat 7 comes out and it inevitably gets cracked, Holla Forums gamenight when?

Holy fucking shit, the environmental details alone are making me rock hard.
I keep getting hyped with every new video

Exactly what i had in mind

I KNOW RIGHT?! It's pretty obvious that the first thing the devs asked themselves while making this game was "what kind of environments can we put in here that weren't possible on previous hardware?". It's so refreshing to see a series actually use new hardware to expand the GAMEPLAY and not just find new gimmicks. So far it seems like this game has the potential to rival the holy trinity. My hype for this game knows no bounds.

My F-14D is ready

We love our Pixys don't we folks? We have the best Pixys.

Tremendous, tremendous Pixys.

Can you fucking imagine the canyon mission they're going to pull with those graphics?

I've gotten bored of remixed canyon missions so I hope they really pull out all the stops.

Here's a new Ace Combat 3 link:
mega.nz/#!4AMl2CLI!HUyhNzmmIo-848mmwXKq7NYvY0XQLeL-1BYnMTxGRb4

I'm working on getting Zero uploaded too.

firepunch is fucking awesome

Anyone one else think that there's going to be a choice to switch sides and join Erusea? It feels like they are setting things up for it.

Fuck that they were being robbed of territory, the insane World without borders wankers were a multinational terrorist group. Belka got robbed through the economy of land and resources and tried to take it back by force and they lost everything for it.

I heard that as part of a spoiler for the game
You get to play both sides in the game
Yellow 13 is the old man operating the drone Flanker
There will be a scene where you are in over your head about to die when suddenly radar begins to freak out as a Black F-14 storms past and saves you

i want 2 fug nagase

She spanks you in Ace Combat 7

Which one?

Isn't that AC 4? Yellow 13 did nothing wrong and you feel for him. Also the game never shows atrocities like in 0 or 5.

Well, the Eruseans were planning to bomb out a city when it became clear they were going to lose it; which would have caused a lot of civilian casualties.
I believe the narrator mentioned that the Eruseans also made people, like the local law enforcement and his uncle, disappear
Other than that the game did not demonize the Eruseans that much and the people who did try to demonize them were hardly unbiased.

I would be dissapointed if we didn't get to fight at least one of the aces we played before.

New Ace Combat Zero link:
mega.nz/#!gQVEhIBD!WWuZFHoQn34HQNsPtZJpbnuCT6_qWcBLsHqR1t9EX1A

Also check out this new interview with Kono at Gamescom. Nothing super big is revealed but still interesting: dualshockers.com/ace-combat-7-interview/

To sum up the interesting points:

Better than liking the F-22 like an autistic 12 year old.

YF-23 or get out of my face, faggots.

That should have won

I'll take the F-22 and YF-23 over the Su-27 any day. Chines + lifting bodies easily make any design instantly sexy.

Trigger is Belkan and working for Belka to reclaim rightful clay

I wonder if Belka has ever designed a plane made out of clay?

I like the Su-57

Wait till they come out with the SU-69

That's not an F-35 user :^)

Swing wings make my dick rock hard. Tomcat for life.

How's the weather in Moscow, ruski?

Oh fuck here comes this shit again. The F-35 is fucking fine, please don't derail the thread like before.

I also like the Su-47

BELKA DID NOTHING WRONG

Nice Lockmart shilling.

But it's fun user watching Lockheeb sperg out?

Fucking typical.

If you call pointing out objective facts shilling and sperging out then whatever. I won't even try to convince you. Thinking that the Su-57 is at all superior to the F-35 is asinine. The Su-57 would wipe the floor with any 4th gen fighter, but against any other 5th gen it would come up short, especially US 5th gens.

Eh I can understand wanting an Ace Combat game on the Switch. If they added optional motion controls it could be pretty fun. Plus it would be cool to get a couple of friends over to dogfight against.

Sure, you get to fight against Gryphus One.

Belka did everything fucking wrong.

Hows those combat missions, I know the F-35 is one busy plane!

Even that is an easy dodge. Just fly wings perpendicular to the ground, and when it comes up on radar pull back hard. Fucking cake.

Someone needs to tell Kono all we want, literally ALL we want, is a higher res render, and MAYBE higher res textures if it doesn't fuck shit up. That's it. That is all we want out of a Trinity Remake

The Berkut is the sexiest plane.

FSW are pure sex
>tfw the FSW F-22 is forever stuck inside a ded game

The Berkut and the Su-57/T-50 are two of my favourites definitely. I think my favourite American planes are the Strike Eagle and Tomcat.

I wanna see the CFA 44 make a return, though. It always looked sleek as hell to me.

That's not exactly a great measuring stick when only one 5th gen fighter has ever been used in combat, the F-22, and it didn't even conduct its first combat sorties until 2014, 8 years after it reached IOC. The F-35B is currently deployed in Japan, and the F-35A is expected to be deployed next year at the latest since the Rude Rams'll be receiving the final block 3F software update in less than a month. Once block 3F arrives there'll be nothing stopping the Air Force from deploying it in the Middle East, though they'll likely deploy it to Asia first.

Kono seems to want to update them to AC7 standard graphics and engine rather than just re-release them, which I honestly kinda like since re-releasing older games for full price is one of the worst cancers gripping the industry right now.

The problem with remaking all those games on Unreal 4 is that it risks making them all look and play identically to each other. 4/5/0 all have uniquely identifiable graphical traits and engine differences that set them apart just enough.

Emulating at higher resolutions seems like the better option.

Lol pic related Berkut has no friends
Also it's too bad FSW are practically useless in fighters with modern fighter tactics and technology. Lights you up like a Christmas tree on radar.

Yeah I would be happy with high-rez remasters. There's also issues like ACZero's live action cutscenes and how they'd update that.

source?

I'm actually studying this as part of my aerospace engineering degree, so I can just explain it myself. Here's a badly drawn MS Paint diagram showing how it works in an immensely simplified way. Essentially a forward-swept wing can act like a whisper dish, but for radar, where it reflects and even amplifies certain wavelengths back at the source. A conventionally swept wing reflects radar away from its source, which makes them the better choice for a stealthy design, especially from the frontal aspect. This is why a diamond is roughly the ideal shape for stealth, because no side is reflecting radar back at its source.

AC0's cutscenes look just dandy with upscaling and just a touch of filtering. This WebM was captured from a hardware backwards compatible PS3 with its smoothing filter enabled, and then it was cropped and scaled a little further in Premiere Pro. Here's another WebM but this time without the additional scaling, just the capture as is.

And they are ALL ugly pieces of shit.

The show was absolute shit

This should have won.

The problem with your arguments Lockheeb Shill is that you completely fail to address and flat out try to ignore valid arguments by deflection by making a point nobody was making or is completely invalid to the argument. That is just a sheer sign of insecurity which just makes you look like you're got no defense and why we all laugh when you sperg out. All you do when presented with real arguments is put your fingers in your ears is go "la la la, not listening! You're all Russian fanbois!" when it's absolutely fucking nothing to do with the real issues with the F-35 that what NATO really needs is replacement CAS, COIN, and SEAD aircraft and above all, ones they can actually afford. Nevermind that anyone who has actually worked on aircraft before universally despises Lockheed as they are embodiment of all that is wrong with the Defense Industry by providing shitty expensive products that are hard to maintain.
Sage for offtopic for providing an explanation why everyone laughs at Lockheeb Shill for getting so triggered by facts

To be fair, so far he's presented better counterarguments than you have

Also, isn't this a textbook case of the pot calling the kettle black? All you've been saying so far is "lol look at Lockheeb shill sperging out" and you didn't address anything he's actually said.

Basically, you're both children. Now stop shitting up this thread.

Pixy definitely wouldn't be old enough to look like Mihaly if that's how he looked in 2005. My bet's on it being Yellow 13.

Yellow 13 died in 2005 and he didn't look that much older than Pixy did in 2005.
Who knows, it could be Bartlett for all we know.

Why did this get completely ignored? Id prefer this as a squad patch over another fucking infinity recolor.

Sorry for the doublepost but it was stated that Yellow 13's body was never found, he was just assumed to be dead.

Hmmmm.

Dude looks fucked up enough to have survived an encounter with Mobius 1.

That's okay, Zero already topped 5.

Shit, I'd buy that.

Because it's not even a patch, you nugget. It's a notebook doodle that started with a joke and worked backwards.

Yeah, it's a patch DESIGN. You take the art and then create the patch layout around it. But God forbid someone put any actual effort into designing a patch. Infinity symbol #2047 is clearly the better choice.

What joke?

Oops meant for

Damn, certainly looks nicer than either of the ones I made.

Such taste to be expected from a man of his caliber

Well holy shit. That's pretty convincing.

Holy shit, it might just be our 13.

The only two aces we are probably going to have to consider is Mobius One and Yellow 13. Time line puts them as the only ones that could be alive unless the super ace theory holds true that all the past player aces are the same character.

I don't know anything about the characters or story, but this clip puts me at ease. It's still undoubtedly the Ace Combat experience I've always known, and it looks prettier than ever.

On the other hand, if it's Scarface 1, I think I'll finally die of shock.

What if the A.I. pilot is made by combining all the data taken from Mobius 1, Razgriz and The Demon Lord?

Nobody's made any arguments in this thread that I haven't addressed and in previous threads I've tried to address issues as best I can. The problem with the arguments I see in these threads is that 90% of the time it's blowing a small issue WAY out of proportion (higher heat of the F-35B compared to the Harrier), making a claim that's flat-out untrue (anything that Pierre Sprey or Air Power Australia says), or is simply a misunderstanding based on the weird way the program is presented by the DoD (thinking that the cost of the program SO FAR is $1.5 trillion, when it's actually the total cost in 2070 adjusted for projected inflation and includes past and future development, manufacturing, and maintenance of the global fleet, not just the USA). The other 10% of the time are proper criticisms of the program, and there are definite criticisms to be made, I won't argue against that. Things like the organizational and test structure, the Navy dragging its feet on the F-35C, the fact that we're giving a stealth fighter to countries like Turkey and Israel that are known to have sold designs to China and Russia in the past are all legitimate issues. However, are these reasons to cut back our order or even cancel the JSF program? not even remotely.

The only time I did it in this thread was as a dismissive joke, and I don't remember making any statements like that in previous threads. I don't rely on name calling to make my points, unlike certain people who seem to need to call anyone who disagrees with them a shill.

The F-35A (the variant NATO countries will primarily be using) is very well suited for the CAS and SEAD roles, after all it is built as an F-16 replacement, and since when has Europe had a pressing need for a new dedicated COIN aircraft? They already have the PC-21, SF.260, Hürkuş, and Defender, along with many other types bought from the US. These aren't old planes either, the PC-21 for example first flew in 2002. The F-35B demonstrated its CAS ability in operation Green Flag and both the A and B demonstrated that they were very capable in the SEAD/DEAD role during each Red Flag since they entered service. Also, when it comes to cost the F-35A is definitely the best bang for your buck your going to get for a modern fighter. The Eurofighter and Rafale are both more expensive in unit ($107 mil and $100 mil vs. $85 mil) and maintenance costs ($100K and $45K vs. $40K-$50K~) and offer less capability. The Gripen is indeed cheaper, but it still doesn't offer anywhere near the same capability that the F-35A offers. In the end it's definitely the best choice for NATO, at least as a F-16 replacement, especially since we want our allies to be as compatible with our weapons systems as possible. There's a reason why the UK just decided to add F-35As onto their purchase of F-35Bs, and Germany is seriously considering purchasing them as well.

Citation needed, because every reputable source I can find states the opposite, at least in the F-35's case:
defensenews.com/air/2016/05/11/air-force-pilots-maintainers-on-f-35-pros-and-cons/
defense.gov/News/Article/Article/602859/hagel-talks-with-f-35-pilots-maintainers-at-eglin-afb/
sldinfo.com/f-35-maintainers-for-the-f-35a-at-eglin-rolling-out-a-new-capability/
breakingdefense.com/2017/06/pilots-say-f-35-superior-within-visual-range-dogfight-criticisms-laid-to-rest/
nettsteder.regjeringen.no/kampfly/2016/03/01/f-35-i-naerkamp-hva-har-jeg-laert-sa-langt-the-f-35-in-a-dogfight-what-have-i-learned-so-far/
businessinsider.com/why-f-35-worth-every-penny-heritage-foundation-2016-8
Even sources that have historically been critical of the F-35 don't support that:
foxtrotalpha.Stop promoting gawker sites you idiot/absolute-youngest-marine-in-the-f-35-test-force-shares-1716981177

Now, don't take that as me saying LockMart is innocent. LockMart, Boeing, and Northrop are all guilty of some extremely shady business practices, as is to be expected from any large corporation. However to say that all of their products are shitty and expensive is completely incorrect.

Sorry famalam, a man's gotta defend his planefu.

you actually never made any points and use shill websites as sources, lol

also, how much are you paid for wasting time here with people who just ridiculue you?

Yeah okay, I guess it's easy to remain unchallenged in your beliefs and ignore reason if you can dismiss any source as a "shill site". I keep posting here because 1. my actual job is as a museum educator so I enjoy teaching things, especially when it's related to aircraft and spacecraft, 2. I enjoy a decent argument, so this is kinda fun for me, and 3. I think it's better to try to explain the facts rather than to just leave untruths and misunderstandings be, even if the place I'm posting in is overwhelmingly against what I'm saying. Not voicing these things simply leads to an echo chamber, and that isn't good for anyone.

I know how you feel man. Plus when it comes to the plot it's being written by the guy who wrote the best scenes in the holy trinity, so I think it's in good hands.

Well already the fight between the Demon Lord and Pixy was used to develop the FALKEN so why not?

Pic related.

Dude come on. You're correct and all that but you're basically wasting your time here. Nothing's going to convince these guys and you're shitting up the thread by trying.

And you're no fucking better. Both of you need to stop replying to each other and just stick to talking about Ace Combat. This is Holla Forums, let's talk about video games

I'm fond of the theory that the player character is a supernatural force that appears only in times of strife to turn the tide of war, and then disappears soon after.

So basically Razgriz?

Oh shit also Su-35 and F-15J confirmed

fuck forgot image

Yes.

YES.

Fuck me I love most of those jets so much.

I dunno, I feel like it's just padding out the aircraft roster. So far 20 playable aircraft have been revealed and we know the total roster will be over 30. Of those 20 aircraft 4 of them are confirmed to be flanker variants, and I'm willing to bet the Su-34's gonna be in this game too. That means a bunch of aircraft that look almost identical in the game. Not to mention the F-15J is a downgraded export version of the F-15C, which is already in the game. I just hope they don't keep this up, cause that makes 3 F-15 variants in the game as well.

oops didn't mean to sage

I think I'm just happy if they confirm my favourite planes.

What's the list so far?

Fighters:

Multirole:

Attackers:

Unknown role:

All it needs to get now are the Su-47, Su-57 and the CFA 44 and I'll be happy.

I can't imagine that they would omit the Su-57 since they've included it in every AC game post-Assault Horizon, and the Su-47 has been in every single numbered game since 4. Who knows with the CFA-44 though.

Well I am torn between wanting to kill him so he can meet his waifu, or letting him live since he has been through enough shit

I feel like that theory can be applied to a great deal of video games.

What if Mihaly is actually Yellow 13 and the AI he flies with is a copy of Yellow 4 so that he can be with his waifu forever?

Sounds like the HoonDing from the elder scrolls.

He's the god of "make way". He only appears when he needs to make way for the people and basically makes a normal mortal become an unstoppable force. That being said the mortal has no idea they are the hoonding and they receive no special powers so it's somewhat ambivalent if the hoonding is even a real thing or just what they name extraordinary individuals who accomplish great deeds.

I'm waiting for the day that they get tired of doing the same planes and start including weird prototypes and completely hypothetical planes. F-22N, F/A-14 Super Tomcat, Scaled Composites ARES, etc.

PERFECT

why is Su-37 so sexy?

They already have done hypothetical prototypes before. Behold, the S-32. It's ugly as sin, but it evolved into the absolute beauty that is the Su-47.

But they have done that. AC5 had the FB-22, S-32, F-4X, YA-10B, and X-29A for example

The F-5 family of fighters are easily my favorite non-5th gen fighters. The sleek lines, the unintentionally low RCS, dat single engine on the F-20 and X-29. It's a shame Northrop didn't go through with submitting the Model-400 to the T-X program. A two-seat F-20 with chines is easily the sexiest thing ever made.

Have some random AC images.

SAUCE NAO

did you guys know know that the tower in AC5 mission 17 is the CN tower?

Is that a widescreen hack you're using? How's pcsx2 as an emulator, got better?

its an option in window settings
change aspect ratio to 16:9
run the game and go to screen settings also change it to 16:9 then you can run the game on full HD
AC5 and Zero work 100% on hardware DX11 or OpenGL hardware.
AC4 still has texture and UI issues

The final mission of AC6 has some short tunnels though.

Holy shit son, you've been under a rock.

I feel it's more or less reinforced in Ace Combat because it does feel like the main characters disappear soon after the war has ended.

Like Cipher disappeared a while after taking down Pixy, and Pixy couldn't find him afterwards.

That image of the final duel of Zero is one of my favourites.

Hey what do you guys think of these? Apparently in '07 Kono wanted to branch out into other genres and make an Ace Combat spinoff that took place in strangereal. To test the waters they released these 3 concepts in Famitsu and asked readers to vote on which one would be made. From what I can tell though Namco forced the cancellation of this in favor of Assault Horizon.

The first concept, Brave Arms, is a 3rd person action game that seems to be HEAVILY inspired by Metal Gear's style. It would have taken place in Sapin in 2025, and the player would be a bionic suit-equipped member of a resistance movement against the oppressive regime that has taken over. The combat seems to be very fast paced and combo driven with both melee and long ranged weapons available to the player.

The second concept, SECOND: Season 01, seems to be a combination of a semi-open world detective game and a FPS. Apparently it would have taken place in Osea a little before the events of Ace Combat 5. During the story the player has to investigate the circumstances of his brother's death at the hands of terrorists, and ends up finding the Grey Men (terrorists in question). After that he must try and stop whatever their plot is before it's too late. Apparently player choice plays a large factor here, shown by the fact that in one image the player has the choice to either blow an opponent away (by simply pulling the trigger button) or negotiate with him.

The third concept, CHAIN LIM!T, seems to be similar in style to Heavy Rain. However, instead of just multiple-choice QTEs, it seems that they wanted the player options to be more like tools that the player could "chain" together into a proper solution to a situation. Sadly, I can't find any info on the plot, but it would've also taken place in Strangereal. If anyone can translate moonrunes it would be appreciated.

Bumping with pictures from the US show of force we just conducted against North Korea.

You feel it too, don't you buddy?

The latter 2 look pretty good. Especially Second: Season 1. Fuck yeah detective games!

First and second look pretty cool.
But what I would really like is any other kind of war game set in strangereal.

I feel like a Battlefield or ARMA style game set in strangereal would be great.

What? When did this happen?

Less than 24 hours ago. I don't know the exact time.

SECOND seems like the coolest of the three imo.

Imagine you're controlling an elite tank crew racing towards Farbanti and you suddenly get attacked by A-10s and other ground attackers and you have to fend them off until a squadron of F-22s suddenly fly through and take them all out in an instant. The potential for badass situations like that is endless in a spinoff game. They could even use the situation for worldbuilding, which I'd say Strangereal desperately needs.

So if 13 is there, are we going to see Mobius One in the sky?

I'm willing to bet we won't, but if that other user on this thread is to be believed then we will be seeing Blaze again though, if it makes you feel any better. If Mihaly is Yellow 13 I bet we'll hear him say something like "I haven't faced an opponent like you in 15 years…" during the final confrontation with him as a recognition of your skills.

Man, that would be pretty cool. Even if it's something like "Is that, you, Ribbon? It can't be…"

Brave Arms and SECOND sound fucking great. I've always thought that a CoD game in Strangereal would be a good fit for the cheesy, over-the-top world they live in where superweapons are plentiful. Just imagine how advanced their ground troops could be if their planes can shoot huge lasers or drop burst missiles like it's nothing.

Jokes on us, Mihaly is Blaze. The reason Osea can't make any news about him still being alive when he goes home to his family is that he could never go home until Harling released the details of the Circum-Pacific War. So they sent him to a relatively neutral country of Erusea since Free Erusea was put down by Mobius One 4 years or so before the start of AC5 and if AC7 is in 2019, it'll have been about 15 years since Erusea became relatively peaceful and potentially repaired relations with international countries after ISAF kicked their shit in.

Here's some video of the Bone, F-15K, and F-35B during that show of force.

Am I in the minority in expecting that AC7 will be a self-contained story as always?
We might get a subtle nod or two like with AC0, but I highly doubt we will have characters straight up come back and be in the main plot.
Only reason I bring this up is I don't want to see you guys hype yourself up into a frenzy only to be disappointed later.

I would play the shit out of SECOND.

I don't see why they would put a veteran pilot talking about borders and piloting an aircraft with red wing tips, and not have it be a sort of direct connection with an older game.
Personally, I don't think I would be disappointed even if I'm wrong about that. The game looks like an actual Ace Combat game, and we already have a winner there.

Perfect.

I think it'll be mostly self contained, but events of previous games may still be mentioned, especially since Stonehenge is gonna appear in the game.