X-com thread

Why is this so fucking expensive, I haven't played x-com 2 since it came out and I beat it, figure with a new expansion would be a good time to give it another try, enemy within style. What the fuck is $40 though, kikes.

always pirate PC games.

How are the mods in x com 2?
Can you marry the snake?
Can you play as xenos and terrorise humans just like x com 1?

Why are you fuckers playing this?
Why not play OpenXCom or Apocalypse or hell even Xenonauts or fucking EW:Long War, anything but this shoddy reskin job.

you can prostitute your soldiers so there's that.

Because I've played 200+ hours of Openxcom and apocalypse and Interceptor

But have you played Piratez?

LW2 beats the base game by a long shot

You should've looked at the subtitle.

Calm down bucko, this shit actually have things to look foward. Few months and it will be turn into LW2.
After that you can masturbate to the impossible difficulty.

Wut?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Made me laugh.

long war is fucking awful though

>War of The (((Chosen)))
That aside, where are the ayy lmao lewds?

Try poking >>>/xen/

Only Snek is there from X-Com, where the new ayylium lewds from the expack?

Nose is not big enough, lol.

>War of the (((choosen)))
Anyway ill give it a pirate, but new classes look hilariously OP

(checked)
There might be ones at cuckchan's /aco/ or /trash/, but we don't talk about them.
shamefur dispray

Sounds rad
What mod?

LW2 goes in a direction that I didn't like for XCOM 2, it emphasized the parts that I wasn't a big fan of in the base game.

Is there a mod for X-COM 2 that removes the nigger scientist and mages the chink not ugly?

There are mods for playing aliens since almost the beginning. I don´t know how they are called though.

Also there is a sassy viper mod

Racist much?

new much?

suck dick much?

Needs a bigger nose, but its still good.

Stop baiting

ehh ok, but i hoped for more (((you)))s

memeshit to great, LW2 is pretty comfy. Yes. No, but you can terrorize pro-ayy humans.

Was there ever a suicide vest mod it would go well with the terrorist aesthetics of xcom?

There's a "Commanders Vest" mod on the Steam Workshop. Apparently it's got no actual explosion animation though.

To be fair they added quite a bunch of content and fixed a lot of issues i had with the game. But 40 dollaridos seem in fact a bit too much.

Dr Brainer I'm Ciaclops

Firaxis are shit.
Nucom is shit.
Nuciv is shit.
So will this expansion be.

That is what I do like to know

If you mean the base/soldier management, that was actually the one thing I really liked about Long War 2.
If you mean the whole Infiltration reducing the number of aliens you have to fight from "Fucking Impossible" to "You're still fucked if you didn't bring a full squad", along with the mission timers severely limiting the player's options… yeah, that was kinda fucked.

kek

Remember when the remake didn't include features its predecessor had eighteen years beforehand haha

Supposedly, this thing was going to be XCOM 3 but they just fit it to 2 because they want a new narrative for 3. So it might be an actual expansion pack.

3 will be based on Terror if the Deep like the base game ending teased.
This was likely a botched attempt at that reworked into an expansion pack.

Point Phoenix also looks alright.

The only excuse is if you have friends and there is no other way to play it with them. Even then you should consider buying it on sale.

I bought EDF 4.1 at full price

That was mainly my issue with it, I didn't really mind the changes they made to the base/havens, LW2 just made missions more of a chore and frustrating at times with some of the changes to combat.

LW always had atrocious balancing. Just look at the airgame in LW1. They add a lot of cool shit, but they seem to think that x-com is only enjoyable if you can´t beat it for some reason.

Wish they made X-Com where you are invading aliens

Man so I'm looking through the current DLC for xcom 2 and apparently they were worse than trash? What did I miss.

Most of XCOM 2's DLC is cosmetic. The two DLC off the top of my head that actually added gameplay were the Alien Kings and the Robot DLC.
The Alien Kings were boss encounters that could pop up in the middle of any mission, and would leave if they took too much damage, but kept their current health pool the next time you ran into them. The thing is, it would still be really easy to kill them or make them run away in a single turn, so the developers programmed them to take their turn every time one of your soldiers took any single action.
The Robot DLC added a little bit of story, a forgettable antagonist, and gave you robots for soldiers when you finished it. That's about it.
They're closer to XCOM 1's pre-Enemy Within DLC, whereas War of the Chosen is supposedly more like Enemy Within. So they're probably not worth spending money on. I know I didn't.

There is one purely cosmetic dlc, which added a bunch of anarchist and punk props to the game.The second dlc was the alien hunter dlc which introduced alien rulers who were pretty much nu-xcoms answer to old X-coms base attacks. Because as soon as they appeared the y would completely fuck you up. But this was intentionally by design. The alien rulers are supposed to cut you down to size again so you can´t steamroll through the game anymore. I actually liked this dlc.

And then there was the disappointing mech dlc, which introduced a completely pointless mech class and you could only gain access to it, if you did a very long and tedious mission. But the music was really cool. So the only dlc worth something in my opinion is the alien hunter one.

Agreed. For everything that LW "fixed" in the main game, it broke at least one other mechanic to the point the game was unplayable.

The cosmetic dlcs are complete trash that add nothing good. Alien Rulers adds a bunch of completely unbalanced 'boss' enemies that can fuck over your campaign if you're unlucky. The Spark DLC added back the mechs they took out from the first game, while making them 100% robot and look and play like shit.

XCom 2 is still somehow a unoptimized pile of dogshit I wouldn't recommend anyone buy and instead pirate