archive.fo/Uhh1F)
amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP801GY/dp/B002B9XB0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its 2017, i thought that meme was over.
Also:

Yes, we already know it's going to be an overpriced chinese FPGA
Yes, it will be a scam
Yes, the only thing that people will care about is the Starfox 2 ROM

Don't forget all the scalpers that are going to make bank by selling it on ebay.

trying to get on on bestbuy's site is ridiculous. I can't tell if it's the site that's shit, or if scalpers are just picking them off that quick. Ebay is already fucking full of preorders going for 200+ dollars

only reason I'm wasting money on the thing. I just don't want it to be impossible to emulate for whatever reason.

I doubt it will be much different from the beta that's already out there and some hackers cleaned up.

Controller being sold separately?

I just have no idea why people are buying these things. Have youngfags forgotten what emulators are?

Nintendo has become the apple of videogame companies

that's what I thought to, but an user posted an article that said the beta was maybe 20% of the full game… of course, I wouldn't be surprised if that was total bullshit and they basically just release a slightly updated version of the beta.

I'm gonna give it another hour and then I'm calling it quits. It's like I'm fighting with the website itself.

We all just want the Star Fox 2 rom, I already got my 3DS as SNES Mini.

Fug please spoiler

But will it play my SNES cartridges?

Of course not silly, It's just an Android device with an official emulator, ni cartridge slot.

Actually it isn't running android.

Dylan Cuthbert, the SF2 designer, is the one who claims the leaked patched rom is only 20% complete. However, even he was shocked to see the SNES mini was including SF2, so it's possible Nintendo may still just dump the ROM that's been available for years.

Final Fight 1 is shit on SNES and it will be a cold day in hell when Nintendo acknowledges the fan translated DQ games on SNES.

FF1 is shit on the SNES but FF2 is great

guess I'll be able to confirm or deny that soon. A friend of mine was able to get it preordered for me. Guess Gamestops were allowing 8 preorders per store and he got the last one.

Meh, Gunstar Heroes is more fun
Meh, got Returns on the cheap, and carts are dirt cheap
Nah.
Got it on cart.
Cart.
Don't have, would rather have Dreamland 3.
Literally fucking why?
Got it on cart before the prices exploded.
Cart.
Cart.
Cart.
I'll just wait for it to get dumped, buy a cheap SFX game and have someone flash it on.
Meh, fighting games are boring.
Cart. These shouldn't be as expensive as they are since they got a Mexican reprint.
Meh. Genesis game is better.
Half the screen? Pass.
Pass.
Got it on GBA. No need.
Japanese Cart.
Eh.
UUAAAAHHH UUUAAAAAHH UUAAAAAHH
If I wanted to hear a toddler scream I'll just go to a retail store.

All said, since these are gonna be scalped for $200-$300, I'll just take that money and buy a fucking SD2SNES. Fuck Jewtendo.

I'm actually mildly curious about that, specifically because of what it could mean for the emulation scene.

This is why we never get any new games.
This is why we never get any new movies.
This is why everything is a fucking reboot of a sequel.

STOP BUYING THIS SHIT AND FORCE THESE TRASH-TIER CORPORATIONS TO COME UP WITH ONE ORIGINAL FUCKING IDEA

Oh no, I don't mean I'd be interested in buying an N64 mini. I'd be interested in seeing competent emu devs getting their hands on it, since it could be a game changer for N64 emulation.

I was under the impression that N64 emulation was pretty spot-on at this point.

It's in a pretty terrible state currently. Mupen64Plus, which is about the best we have, still requires plugin swapping for different games, and has a whole mess of problems.

Meanwhile we have Mednafen PSX which is even more accurate than the PS2 with PS1 games.

Imagine this;
The system WILL use a readily available ARM SoC. Modern ARM SoCs use TrustZone as a security co-processor. What if the ROMs are hashed behind a console-specific key just to prevent people from reliably dumping it without an Xbox 360 level exploit?

That'd be disappointing, for sure, but I honestly can't imagine that many people would be willing to sit down and play through the game with a framerate like this in the first place. I think it's going to be a novelty that for most is going to go from "OH SHIT, STAR FOX 2!" to "Oh….."

Time will tell.

What about it?

The StarFox 2 100% complete ROM was never dumped. Nintendo kept it under wraps.

You do know that Nintendo forced EmuParadise to remove the ROMs for the games featured on both the NES and SNES Classic Edition, right?

If companies keep cracking down, free emulation may become a thing of the past soon. You know how they can be with their IPs and how they want to get money.

if it weren't for the kikes everything retro would be public domain about now.

I'm pretty sure the game won't run on your regular SNES emulator. there'll be something about it, like special coding or attempts of protection.
But it'll run, in one way or another. If nothing else, it'll be distributed as an executable at first, and since most emus are open-source it's very likely that some of the existing emulators will be updated so they can run that particular ROM too.
Anyone detects any error in my logic?

People attack Walt Disney for hating the Jews,yet they attack Disney over how they abused the copyright system.

I can't even remember the last time EmuParadise was relevant.

If you don't have the complete romset of every gen5 and below system you're interested in, you probably don't give a fuck about emulation to begin with.

I'm getting one for my nieces and nephews. That way if it breaks, they'll call Nintendo support instead of me.

They should have included more games on it like,

Yeah. I know Guy and Poison are missing from it and it isn't 2 player, but still it was a decent enough port.

Why is it on the Japanese SNES Classic and not the American one?

I don't care if it's double dipping. The 16-bit versions of the Super Mario Trilogy along with Lost Levels should have been included. In fact, why didn't they just put the Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World port on it? All 5 games in 1 ROM? I have the same problem with the port of Street Fighter they put on it. Why not Super Street Fighter 2? It has more characters? I don't get it.

Why only Final Fantasy 3?

They could have easily got those for the SNES classic.

I know. There are a lot of things that should be public domain by now but aren't. The copyright system is fucked.

SSF2T is the best version of the game imo.

You're not wrong. The SNES version of Turbo was the best home port on the 16 bit consoles. Not sure if the Saturn got a port, but if you like Street Fighter, the Saturn is your Go-to.

shit I meant regular turbo. no overpowered super moves, no ridiculous nerfs, and I never liked the four new characters anyway.

Holy shit that is bad when there is more than two ships on the screen it drops down to 10fps. Is that the game or the emu that they use for the mini?

That would be on the SNES Classic itself.

So is it confirmed that the SNES classic version of Star Fox 2 is the actual complete version or are they pulling a fast one and using the version everyone can play right now?

I liked Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. It did have the four new characters, but there weren't any turbo moves. Another thing I liked is they included different colored uniforms for each character (they might have done this in a previous installment) and they kind of separated Ken and Ryu a little bit. Ryu had a flaming Hydukon and Ken had the flaming Shoryuken.

And in case I misunderstood your question, i.e. if that performance is caused by the game (where those drops would occur on real hardware), or if it's caused by an underpowered emulator, I'm sure it's the former.

It's not a bad line-up. Missing some classics, like having DKC1 but no 2, etc.
Problem is I FUCKING PLAYED EVERY SINGLE GAME LISTED
F O R F R E E
ALREADY

WHO THE FUCK CARES

ARE THE CONTROLLER'S BEING SOLD SEPARATELY?
SERIOUSLY, I GOT WII ACCESSORY PORTS INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER FOR A REASON.

Oh man, this is gonna be such a letdown for the normalfags.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but you can save anywhere and rewind your gameplay (archive.fo/Uhh1F) just like every other emulator, which I imagine is going to be a heavily abused feature among their target audience.

Sold separately by Nintendo? Not that we know of, but scalpers will certainly be splitting them up and selling them at wildly inflated prices. Do note that amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP801GY/dp/B002B9XB0E is a damn fine controller and is reasonably priced, if that's what you're after.

Thanks for sharing, we care

Pretty sure normalfags don't like Starfox, I'd wager most don't even know what it is. You forget how much time has passed some Starfox 64. How many generations were born.

We'll probably have to wait until it's out before we know for certain. Like I said, I'll be on pretty quickly to let everyone know. I figure at worst I'll have spent 80 bucks on a small, portable machine with a bunch of games I like (but can emulate), at best it turns out that report about the game only being 20% finished was right and I get a new game, and those go for around 60 bucks anyways.

I still wonder if Amazon was in cahoots with scalpers considering how they did their preorders.

For fucks sake it would have been INCREDIBLY fucking cheap to include the hardware necessary to run this game at a constant smooth 60fps. This is disgusting, there's absolutely no reason to blow money on this bullshit when emulation is free.

I JUST WANT MORE THINGS TO PLUG INTO THE WII ACCESSORY CARD I MADE FOR MY COMPUTER, YOU GOT ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT WAS TO MAKE?
IT WAS HARD!

I hadn't heard about that. Was that put up by Amazon themselves (shipped and sold by), or a third party vendor? Can third party vendors even put up pages without Amazon approval? That definitely sounds sketchy as fuck.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, per-se (well, it is, but not in the way you might be thinking). You can, for example, overclock the Super FX chip on an actual Star Fox cart which provides a huge boost to FPS, and makes the game appear to be quite playable. The problem is that the game's speed is directly tied to the framerate, so while it's more smooth, it's equally more sped up. Here's a side by side comparison on real hardware with the first game.

Since the SNES Classic is presumably emulating Star Fox 2's Super FX chip at stock clocks, I'm assuming that it's indeed emulating it at "100% speed" (what it would be getting with original hardware). I'll bet they could have emulated an overclocked Super FX chip (bsnes-mercury can do that, for example), but that wouldn't be without consequence because of the aforementioned speedup. The cynical side of me thinks that Nintendo probably doesn't give a fuck about how it plays, since these things are instantly selling out anyway.

In that case, a Wii Classic controller would probably be your best bet.

I have one of those, I want more things

At first people thought it was 3rd party until they realized they were sold by Amazon. They contacted Amazon reps and it was confirmed that it was official. They didn't even have a image for the page and it was called the "SNES trust console" or something along those lines.

AFAIK it's a software issue. If you run it at 60fps it'll be 6x faster, and there's no way around that without reprogramming the core game.

Looks like they took down the page, but here's what's left of it. Also, notice how it's under digital downloads, yet this was the official preorder page and not the one Amazon had up and had advertised. Within minutes of them being sold out a ton went up on eBay and various places with a 200-400 dollar price tag. Like I said, shady stuff.

Delicious.

You wish it was an FPGA hardware recreation. It's almost certainly an emulator running on a cheapass ARM smart phone SoC.

If they still have the source they could fix it, but I highly doubt they will go to the trouble. The only thing I can see them doing is offering a naive overclock option and calling it "turbo mode."

Just buy am emulator controller

I'm totally going to scalp a few though, taking money from faggot hipsters and thirsty nintendrones feels great. I'm still on a high from the money I made off the NES classic.

FUCK THE SNES CLASSIC
ARE YOU READY FOR THE
WII U CLASSIC???

Nicr blogpost

Yeah, SNES was fine, around a decade ago.
Here are some examples of people who will buy first in line for this scam.

Holla Forumsirgins are self-hating normalfags

Oh, mark will have it day 0 for sure.

Nobody here is going to buy it

I remember 2 ids saying they would, in a past thread.

You have too much faith in Holla Forums audience.

cucked.gaypeg

t. Germans

Sad thing is, Sony took it to court (twice) over "Emulation is illegal" and they lost both cases (First against Apple, then against Bleem).

How is that sad

It's sad because emulation has been ruled as 100% legal, but the companies and the normalfags keep on spreading the rumor that it is an illegal practice. And, in addition to gaming going nowhere due to rereleases, we're also losing who knows how many other games that emulation sites are unable to obtain.

What did he mean by this?

He thinks that Emuparadise is the entire internet and probably too poor and or lazy to export lesser known games so as to upload them online. Not everything is a gibs me dat.

I haven't actually used Emuparadise in so long.

Also, excuse me if I want to see the original XZR available outside of one site (With a physical copy of the game nowhere to be found).

Holy shit, you fucking losers till believe Nintendo kike lies? Get a grip.

fun fact : they'll start making new snes games instead of the new 4th generation console games.

What lies?

I feel good that I'm not as idiotic to feed into your Talmudic tendencies, you weaboo kike. Go exploit some goyim now.

I want to scalp the shit out of it, it's essentially free money

Nintendo is juden but if they add complexity to their FPGA just so people can't dump or emulate a game cancelled 20 years ago, that's probably going to be the first and last time anyone ever does anything like that.
The maximum nintendo has ever done to stop emulation is abuse emulator imperfections to make a game hard or impossible to emulate but that always led to autistic emulator developers getting curious and fixing the issue while giving more life to the console's emulation scene.
Even if they do it the game's code is going to get decompiled/disassembled instantly and the fix will be out within the week, for instance they did it with pokemon black and white for the DS and people hacked the rom as soon as it was released, then the fix came in the form of an even easier to apply action replay code, and within the month DESMUME was already emulating the game flawlessly without any patching/codes required.

When the ps4 came out and it costed R$4000 in Brazil. I was importing american units for R$1000 and selling them to consoletards for R$3500.
I built a new computer and I bought a carbon fiber bycicle and an air fryer.

So the user from the emulation threads was right and not crazy. Scalpers are here among us

is it really scalping if you sell it for a lower price like

To make you buy the next, faggot.

Good goy.

urawinner

Y

So I was right? My logic wasn't flawed here ?

How old are you all, really?

I bet that they get triggered as fuck whenever they have to play an old game with subpar framerate and most likely only stick to modern pc shit

Who let the fucking retro console fags in.
You aren't welcome here.

It's more cost effective to buy one of these fucking things. You get to choose your own games, too.

ye

Good. It may breathe new life into the SNES emulation scene.
May even bring a new generation of flashcarts. This is mine, it's okay but has no fancy capabilities and the compatibility is about 85% but since I have a decent collection of original SNES games I haven't had the need to buy a fancier one. If new ones come out designed to properly play Star Fox 2, I'm sure they'll come with other improvements also, which would make me consider upgrading.
Also, reproduction carts! I'll admit that's something I want.
Right now I'm glad I never bought a reproduction cart of Star Fox 2 with the admirable but comparatively anaemic leaked and fixed ROM.

UMA DELICIA