The mini SNES Classic launches on September 29th full list of games included on...

Jacob Wood
Jacob Wood

The mini SNES Classic launches on September 29th

archive.is/DVPZ5

The Super NES Classic Edition will start on September 29 for $ 79.99. Like its predecessor, the NES Classic, players are allowed to play retro games on high-definition TVs easily thanks to an HDMI connection.
Nintendo has announced details for the SNES Classic. The unique mini-console consists of 21 games, including Super Mario World, Earthbound, Super Mario Kart and The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past. But the most surprising inclusion is Star Fox 2, the unpublished sequel to the original Star Fox for SNES.
The Super NES Classic is Nintendo's successor to the NES Classic, which was launched in autumn 2016. The console was notoriously hard to find due to the limited stock and was sold off this year.

full list of games included on the SNES Classic as follows:
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Uhh1F)
amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP801GY/dp/B002B9XB0E

Parker Carter
Parker Carter

Final Fantasy III
Its 2017, i thought that meme was over.
Also:
no dragon quest
no chrono trigger
only one megaman x game
only first donkey kong country
no final fight

Parker Flores
Parker Flores

Yes, we already know it's going to be an overpriced chinese FPGA
Yes, it will be a scam
Yes, the only thing that people will care about is the Starfox 2 ROM

Levi Gonzalez
Levi Gonzalez

Don't forget all the scalpers that are going to make bank by selling it on ebay.

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

trying to get on on bestbuy's site is ridiculous. I can't tell if it's the site that's shit, or if scalpers are just picking them off that quick. Ebay is already fucking full of preorders going for 200+ dollars
Yes, the only thing that people will care about is the Starfox 2 ROM

only reason I'm wasting money on the thing. I just don't want it to be impossible to emulate for whatever reason.

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

I doubt it will be much different from the beta that's already out there and some hackers cleaned up.

William Thompson
William Thompson

Controller being sold separately?

Adam Brooks
Adam Brooks

I just have no idea why people are buying these things. Have youngfags forgotten what emulators are?

Gabriel Anderson
Gabriel Anderson

Nintendo has become the apple of videogame companies

Jeremiah Reyes
Jeremiah Reyes

that's what I thought to, but an user posted an article that said the beta was maybe 20% of the full game… of course, I wouldn't be surprised if that was total bullshit and they basically just release a slightly updated version of the beta.

I'm gonna give it another hour and then I'm calling it quits. It's like I'm fighting with the website itself.

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

We all just want the Star Fox 2 rom, I already got my 3DS as SNES Mini.

Noah Anderson
Noah Anderson

Fug please spoiler

Cooper Miller
Cooper Miller

But will it play my SNES cartridges?

Easton Lee
Easton Lee

Of course not silly, It's just an Android device with an official emulator, ni cartridge slot.

Samuel Allen
Samuel Allen

Actually it isn't running android.

Xavier Lewis
Xavier Lewis

people will buy these instead of building a small emulator box that can emulate many systems

Grayson Cook
Grayson Cook

<But won't that get me electrocuted LOL Technology is hard

Nathaniel Campbell
Nathaniel Campbell

Dylan Cuthbert, the SF2 designer, is the one who claims the leaked patched rom is only 20% complete. However, even he was shocked to see the SNES mini was including SF2, so it's possible Nintendo may still just dump the ROM that's been available for years.

Jayden Sullivan
Jayden Sullivan

Final Fight 1 is shit on SNES and it will be a cold day in hell when Nintendo acknowledges the fan translated DQ games on SNES.

Andrew Sullivan
Andrew Sullivan

FF1 is shit on the SNES but FF2 is great

Jace Reed
Jace Reed

guess I'll be able to confirm or deny that soon. A friend of mine was able to get it preordered for me. Guess Gamestops were allowing 8 preorders per store and he got the last one.

Jose Carter
Jose Carter

Contra III
Meh, Gunstar Heroes is more fun
Donkey Kong Country
Meh, got Returns on the cheap, and carts are dirt cheap
Memebound
Nah.
Final Fantasy VI
Got it on cart.
F-Zero
Cart.
Kirby Superstar
Don't have, would rather have Dreamland 3.
Kirby's Dream Course
Literally fucking why?
ALttP
Got it on cart before the prices exploded.
Mega Man X
Cart.
Secret of mana
Cart.
Star Fox
Cart.
Star Fox 2
I'll just wait for it to get dumped, buy a cheap SFX game and have someone flash it on.
Street Fighter II: Gibs More Shekels Edition
Meh, fighting games are boring.
Super Castlevania IV
Cart. These shouldn't be as expensive as they are since they got a Mexican reprint.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Meh. Genesis game is better.
Mario Kart
Half the screen? Pass.
Mario RPG
Pass.
Super Mario World
Got it on GBA. No need.
Super Metroid
Japanese Cart.
Super Punch-Out
Eh.
Yoshi's Island
UUAAAAHHH UUUAAAAAHH UUAAAAAHH
If I wanted to hear a toddler scream I'll just go to a retail store.

All said, since these are gonna be scalped for $200-$300, I'll just take that money and buy a fucking SD2SNES. Fuck Jewtendo.

Eli Cooper
Eli Cooper

when does the N64 mini come out?

Carson Walker
Carson Walker

I'm actually mildly curious about that, specifically because of what it could mean for the emulation scene.

Henry Davis
Henry Davis

This is why we never get any new games.
This is why we never get any new movies.
This is why everything is a fucking reboot of a sequel.

STOP BUYING THIS SHIT AND FORCE THESE TRASH-TIER CORPORATIONS TO COME UP WITH ONE ORIGINAL FUCKING IDEA

Josiah Young
Josiah Young

Oh no, I don't mean I'd be interested in buying an N64 mini. I'd be interested in seeing competent emu devs getting their hands on it, since it could be a game changer for N64 emulation.

Christopher Walker
Christopher Walker

I was under the impression that N64 emulation was pretty spot-on at this point.

Gabriel Rodriguez
Gabriel Rodriguez

It's in a pretty terrible state currently. Mupen64Plus, which is about the best we have, still requires plugin swapping for different games, and has a whole mess of problems.

Meanwhile we have Mednafen PSX which is even more accurate than the PS2 with PS1 games.

Bentley Barnes
Bentley Barnes

actual shill thread

John Howard
John Howard

inb4 the Starfox 2 ROM has DRM somewhere in the header or some shit that prevents it from working with emulators

Imagine this;
The system WILL use a readily available ARM SoC. Modern ARM SoCs use TrustZone as a security co-processor. What if the ROMs are hashed behind a console-specific key just to prevent people from reliably dumping it without an Xbox 360 level exploit?

Juan Ross
Juan Ross

That'd be disappointing, for sure, but I honestly can't imagine that many people would be willing to sit down and play through the game with a framerate like this in the first place. I think it's going to be a novelty that for most is going to go from "OH SHIT, STAR FOX 2!" to "Oh….."

Time will tell.

Lincoln Bennett
Lincoln Bennett

Starfox 2 ROM

What about it?

Jeremiah Reyes
Jeremiah Reyes

The StarFox 2 100% complete ROM was never dumped. Nintendo kept it under wraps.

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

You do know that Nintendo forced EmuParadise to remove the ROMs for the games featured on both the NES and SNES Classic Edition, right?

If companies keep cracking down, free emulation may become a thing of the past soon. You know how they can be with their IPs and how they want to get money.

Juan Gomez
Juan Gomez

if it weren't for the kikes everything retro would be public domain about now.

Dominic Bailey
Dominic Bailey

I'm pretty sure the game won't run on your regular SNES emulator. there'll be something about it, like special coding or attempts of protection.
But it'll run, in one way or another. If nothing else, it'll be distributed as an executable at first, and since most emus are open-source it's very likely that some of the existing emulators will be updated so they can run that particular ROM too.
Anyone detects any error in my logic?

John Sanders
John Sanders

People attack Walt Disney for hating the Jews,yet they attack Disney over how they abused the copyright system.

Jonathan Cruz
Jonathan Cruz

I can't even remember the last time EmuParadise was relevant.

If you don't have the complete romset of every gen5 and below system you're interested in, you probably don't give a fuck about emulation to begin with.

Kayden Bennett
Kayden Bennett

I'm getting one for my nieces and nephews. That way if it breaks, they'll call Nintendo support instead of me.

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

They should have included more games on it like,

Final Fight
Yeah. I know Guy and Poison are missing from it and it isn't 2 player, but still it was a decent enough port.

Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Why is it on the Japanese SNES Classic and not the American one?

Pilot Wings
Super Mario All Stars
I don't care if it's double dipping. The 16-bit versions of the Super Mario Trilogy along with Lost Levels should have been included. In fact, why didn't they just put the Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World port on it? All 5 games in 1 ROM? I have the same problem with the port of Street Fighter they put on it. Why not Super Street Fighter 2? It has more characters? I don't get it.

Sim City
Final Fantasy 2
Why only Final Fantasy 3?

UN Squadron
Sunset Riders
Gradius 3
Super R-Type
Wild Guns

They could have easily got those for the SNES classic.

Nathaniel Hall
Nathaniel Hall

I know. There are a lot of things that should be public domain by now but aren't. The copyright system is fucked.

Christian Edwards
Christian Edwards

he doesn't know how to find them

Lucas Hall
Lucas Hall

Why not Super Street Fighter 2? It has more characters? I don't get it.
SSF2T is the best version of the game imo.

Andrew Perez
Andrew Perez

You're not wrong. The SNES version of Turbo was the best home port on the 16 bit consoles. Not sure if the Saturn got a port, but if you like Street Fighter, the Saturn is your Go-to.

Evan Russell
Evan Russell

shit I meant regular turbo. no overpowered super moves, no ridiculous nerfs, and I never liked the four new characters anyway.

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

Holy shit that is bad when there is more than two ships on the screen it drops down to 10fps. Is that the game or the emu that they use for the mini?

Henry Bell
Henry Bell

That would be on the SNES Classic itself.

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

So is it confirmed that the SNES classic version of Star Fox 2 is the actual complete version or are they pulling a fast one and using the version everyone can play right now?

Caleb Ramirez
Caleb Ramirez

I liked Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. It did have the four new characters, but there weren't any turbo moves. Another thing I liked is they included different colored uniforms for each character (they might have done this in a previous installment) and they kind of separated Ken and Ryu a little bit. Ryu had a flaming Hydukon and Ken had the flaming Shoryuken.

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

And in case I misunderstood your question, i.e. if that performance is caused by the game (where those drops would occur on real hardware), or if it's caused by an underpowered emulator, I'm sure it's the former.

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

It's not a bad line-up. Missing some classics, like having DKC1 but no 2, etc.
Problem is I FUCKING PLAYED EVERY SINGLE GAME LISTED
F O R F R E E
ALREADY

b-b-b… Star Fox 2!!!!!!
WHO THE FUCK CARES

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

ARE THE CONTROLLER'S BEING SOLD SEPARATELY?
SERIOUSLY, I GOT WII ACCESSORY PORTS INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER FOR A REASON.

Kayden Wood
Kayden Wood

the slowdown on every explosion
errors in the polygons at points
Oh man, this is gonna be such a letdown for the normalfags.

Owen Gray
Owen Gray

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but you can save anywhere and rewind your gameplay (archive.fo/Uhh1F) just like every other emulator, which I imagine is going to be a heavily abused feature among their target audience.

Sold separately by Nintendo? Not that we know of, but scalpers will certainly be splitting them up and selling them at wildly inflated prices. Do note that amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP801GY/dp/B002B9XB0E is a damn fine controller and is reasonably priced, if that's what you're after.

Jackson King
Jackson King

inb4 "Double digit FPS is all you need to perceive motion, can barely tell the difference, quit whining"

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

Thanks for sharing, we care

Jeremiah Smith
Jeremiah Smith

normalfags

Pretty sure normalfags don't like Starfox, I'd wager most don't even know what it is. You forget how much time has passed some Starfox 64. How many generations were born.
We'll probably have to wait until it's out before we know for certain. Like I said, I'll be on pretty quickly to let everyone know. I figure at worst I'll have spent 80 bucks on a small, portable machine with a bunch of games I like (but can emulate), at best it turns out that report about the game only being 20% finished was right and I get a new game, and those go for around 60 bucks anyways.
I still wonder if Amazon was in cahoots with scalpers considering how they did their preorders.
open preorders around 4 am
open a different super shady page from the official one giving the console a different name
can buy up to 30
sold out in a couple minutes

Gabriel Edwards
Gabriel Edwards

For fucks sake it would have been INCREDIBLY fucking cheap to include the hardware necessary to run this game at a constant smooth 60fps. This is disgusting, there's absolutely no reason to blow money on this bullshit when emulation is free.

Colton Morales
Colton Morales

I JUST WANT MORE THINGS TO PLUG INTO THE WII ACCESSORY CARD I MADE FOR MY COMPUTER, YOU GOT ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT WAS TO MAKE?
IT WAS HARD!

Oliver Williams
Oliver Williams

open a different super shady page from the official one giving the console a different name
can buy up to 30
I hadn't heard about that. Was that put up by Amazon themselves (shipped and sold by), or a third party vendor? Can third party vendors even put up pages without Amazon approval? That definitely sounds sketchy as fuck.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, per-se (well, it is, but not in the way you might be thinking). You can, for example, overclock the Super FX chip on an actual Star Fox cart which provides a huge boost to FPS, and makes the game appear to be quite playable. The problem is that the game's speed is directly tied to the framerate, so while it's more smooth, it's equally more sped up. Here's a side by side comparison on real hardware with the first game.

Since the SNES Classic is presumably emulating Star Fox 2's Super FX chip at stock clocks, I'm assuming that it's indeed emulating it at "100% speed" (what it would be getting with original hardware). I'll bet they could have emulated an overclocked Super FX chip (bsnes-mercury can do that, for example), but that wouldn't be without consequence because of the aforementioned speedup. The cynical side of me thinks that Nintendo probably doesn't give a fuck about how it plays, since these things are instantly selling out anyway.

In that case, a Wii Classic controller would probably be your best bet.

Luke Powell
Luke Powell

I have one of those, I want more things

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

At first people thought it was 3rd party until they realized they were sold by Amazon. They contacted Amazon reps and it was confirmed that it was official. They didn't even have a image for the page and it was called the "SNES trust console" or something along those lines.

Oliver Rivera
Oliver Rivera

hardware
AFAIK it's a software issue. If you run it at 60fps it'll be 6x faster, and there's no way around that without reprogramming the core game.

Ayden Reyes
Ayden Reyes

Looks like they took down the page, but here's what's left of it. Also, notice how it's under digital downloads, yet this was the official preorder page and not the one Amazon had up and had advertised. Within minutes of them being sold out a ton went up on eBay and various places with a 200-400 dollar price tag. Like I said, shady stuff.

Jonathan Howard
Jonathan Howard

tfw you bought games like FFIII, Demon's Crest and Chrono Trigger before the hipsters invaded the hobby
all their salt and tears because they can't buy the meme console
Delicious.

Luis Adams
Luis Adams

You wish it was an FPGA hardware recreation. It's almost certainly an emulator running on a cheapass ARM smart phone SoC.

If they still have the source they could fix it, but I highly doubt they will go to the trouble. The only thing I can see them doing is offering a naive overclock option and calling it "turbo mode."

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

Just buy am emulator controller

Brayden Davis
Brayden Davis

tfw I already have most of those carts and an SD2SNES for everything else
I'm totally going to scalp a few though, taking money from faggot hipsters and thirsty nintendrones feels great. I'm still on a high from the money I made off the NES classic.

Julian Gray
Julian Gray

FUCK THE SNES CLASSIC
ARE YOU READY FOR THE
WII U CLASSIC???

Chase Myers
Chase Myers

Nicr blogpost

Nathan Morales
Nathan Morales

Yeah, SNES was fine, around a decade ago.
Here are some examples of people who will buy first in line for this scam.

Hudson Carter
Hudson Carter

nintendo's ouya
normalfags buying it to nerd signal
anons buying it to be le retro gamrs

Holla Forumsirgins are self-hating normalfags

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

Oh, mark will have it day 0 for sure.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

anons buying it
Nobody here is going to buy it

Adam Myers
Adam Myers

I remember 2 ids saying they would, in a past thread.

William Edwards
William Edwards

You have too much faith in Holla Forums audience.

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

players are allowed to play
21 games
limited stock
cucked.gaypeg

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

B-but emulation is piracy and piracy is illegal and illegal=bad because companies are people!
t. Germans

Carter Gutierrez
Carter Gutierrez

Sad thing is, Sony took it to court (twice) over "Emulation is illegal" and they lost both cases (First against Apple, then against Bleem).

Cooper Harris
Cooper Harris

Sad thing is, Sony took it to court (twice) over "Emulation is illegal" and they lost both cases
How is that sad

Jeremiah Allen
Jeremiah Allen

It's sad because emulation has been ruled as 100% legal, but the companies and the normalfags keep on spreading the rumor that it is an illegal practice. And, in addition to gaming going nowhere due to rereleases, we're also losing who knows how many other games that emulation sites are unable to obtain.

Liam Cruz
Liam Cruz

we're also losing who knows how many other games that emulation sites are unable to obtain
What did he mean by this?

Landon Mitchell
Landon Mitchell

He thinks that Emuparadise is the entire internet and probably too poor and or lazy to export lesser known games so as to upload them online. Not everything is a gibs me dat.

Jonathan Collins
Jonathan Collins

I haven't actually used Emuparadise in so long.

Also, excuse me if I want to see the original XZR available outside of one site (With a physical copy of the game nowhere to be found).

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

faggots still think that the Star Fox 2 with the snes mini will be the "100% complete version" of said game"
Holy shit, you fucking losers till believe Nintendo kike lies? Get a grip.

Brandon Cooper
Brandon Cooper

fun fact : they'll start making new snes games instead of the new 4th generation console games.

Levi Cooper
Levi Cooper

What lies?

Luke King
Luke King

I feel good that I'm not as idiotic to feed into your Talmudic tendencies, you weaboo kike. Go exploit some goyim now.

Mason Adams
Mason Adams

I want to scalp the shit out of it, it's essentially free money

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

Nintendo is juden but if they add complexity to their FPGA just so people can't dump or emulate a game cancelled 20 years ago, that's probably going to be the first and last time anyone ever does anything like that.
The maximum nintendo has ever done to stop emulation is abuse emulator imperfections to make a game hard or impossible to emulate but that always led to autistic emulator developers getting curious and fixing the issue while giving more life to the console's emulation scene.
Even if they do it the game's code is going to get decompiled/disassembled instantly and the fix will be out within the week, for instance they did it with pokemon black and white for the DS and people hacked the rom as soon as it was released, then the fix came in the form of an even easier to apply action replay code, and within the month DESMUME was already emulating the game flawlessly without any patching/codes required.
not exploiting plebs
When the ps4 came out and it costed R$4000 in Brazil. I was importing american units for R$1000 and selling them to consoletards for R$3500.
I built a new computer and I bought a carbon fiber bycicle and an air fryer.

Juan Allen
Juan Allen

So the user from the emulation threads was right and not crazy. Scalpers are here among us

Aaron Kelly
Aaron Kelly

is it really scalping if you sell it for a lower price like

Charles Morgan
Charles Morgan

uh oh why doesn't it have more gaems?!

To make you buy the next, faggot.

Nathaniel Cook
Nathaniel Cook

only reason I'm wasting money on the thing
Good goy.

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

urawinner

Contra III: The Alien Wars
EarthBound
F-ZERO
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World

William Campbell
William Campbell

Y

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

So I was right? My logic wasn't flawed here ?

Jace Cruz
Jace Cruz

retards who have never played the original Starfox let alone Starfox 2 comment on the frame rate of a psuedo-3D SNES game
How old are you all, really?

Jacob Gutierrez
Jacob Gutierrez

I bet that they get triggered as fuck whenever they have to play an old game with subpar framerate and most likely only stick to modern pc shit

Adam Peterson
Adam Peterson

Who let the fucking retro console fags in.
You aren't welcome here.

Jacob Price
Jacob Price

It's more cost effective to buy one of these fucking things. You get to choose your own games, too.

Isaiah Ross
Isaiah Ross

ye

Tyler Lopez
Tyler Lopez

Good. It may breathe new life into the SNES emulation scene.
May even bring a new generation of flashcarts. This is mine, it's okay but has no fancy capabilities and the compatibility is about 85% but since I have a decent collection of original SNES games I haven't had the need to buy a fancier one. If new ones come out designed to properly play Star Fox 2, I'm sure they'll come with other improvements also, which would make me consider upgrading.
Also, reproduction carts! I'll admit that's something I want.
Right now I'm glad I never bought a reproduction cart of Star Fox 2 with the admirable but comparatively anaemic leaked and fixed ROM.

Ryder Williams
Ryder Williams

When the ps4 came out and it costed R$4000 in Brazil. I was importing american units for R$1000 and selling them to consoletards for R$3500
UMA DELICIA