Gaming Chair thread

what's your gaming chair?

I'm thinking about picking up the ThunderX3, although my other option was picking up some office chair for around the same price and I don't know which one is the better choice, I have a feeling "gaming chairs" are a meme. Is an office chair for the same price as a Gaming chair a better deal or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Embody-Chair-Herman-Miller-Adjustable/dp/B002IX5YHQ/
amazon.com/Vornado-Full-Size-Whole-Room-Circulator/dp/B000MI3HJQ)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't forget to buy some Gaming Socks™ along side a pair of Gaming Shoes™ to go along side your Gaming Underwear™ after you brush your teeth with your Gaming Toothbrush™ then after you realise how much of a retard goy you are buy our extremely popular Gaming Noose™.

STOP SITTING LIKE A NOOB

have fun sitting on that lump of wood instead then faggot.

Go sell your bullshit somewhere else you disgusting subhuman

just get a decent office chair, 30-60$ is perfect

I knew gaming chairs were a meme the moment they started using "aerodynamic" as a selling point

Went searching and found this for that price. It looks third-world tier. Where can I get some fairly entry-level/cheap executive chairs? The only reason I asked about the gaming chair is because it was $50 cheaper than the executive chair I was also looking at getting.

I have a gaming couch that works fine for laptop and console gaming (am 400+ lbs and they don't make chairs for people my size which sucks but whatever).

An office chair that is the same price as a gaming chair is a fucking rip-off.

This is the other chair I was looking at getting, which is a little more expensive than the Gaming chair in OP

Nigga I still have the same chair since I bought my old desktop back in 2002. It's a little squeaky but that's nothing a little WD40 can't fix. Pretty much this exact model except the seat is completely flattened

==fucking casuals== >>>/reddit/

Well you gotta keep stimulated during those all night Quake Arena matches somehow

oops forgot pic

I've got one of these; it's pretty great.

Wouldn't be that good for Desktops though

Trying to play a game not go to the dentist

Paid $20 on it. And the back rest has broken off it's thingy.

Enjoy the spring flying up your ass at mach speed

There is no more spring, mate.

Oh so it already fugged you

Don't buy anything labeled "gayming"
Buy a proper chair with proper lumbar support.
amazon.com/Embody-Chair-Herman-Miller-Adjustable/dp/B002IX5YHQ/
A good chair is a proper investment because of all the time spent on the pc. You can find a used Herman Miller for cheap.
t. Herman Miller salesman.

Tips from an old gamer

These chairs all eventually fail, no matter what they say they're rated for they will fail, they could say they're rated to 50 tons and they'll fail in 2-3 years

This is how you make these chairs last forever

1. Rip that useless fucking plastic outer shell off the piston with some pliars

2. Go to your local hardware store and buy a bunch of thick O-Ring clamps

3. set your chair height how you want it

4. stack said O-ring chairs on piston and tighten them all down

5. Your piston chair will now last forever

Info provided by old asshat who worked in an office building and saved his company tens of thousands of dollars a year by doing this

Can you even afford Razer apparel?

The G400 of chairs.

Fuck family. Don't go cheap on chairs kids.

I'm still using the same chair I bought I think about 12 years ago. Also gaming chair is one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Chinese

That thing turns into a god tier thing when you remove the arm-supports. Kinda wish there was a way to make it so that balls and ass wouldn't end up sweating like a motherfucker during summer though. Maybe if the seat cushion was replaced by some high density wire mesh. It would let air through, it would be flexible, and it would probably be durable. Ofcourse, you're going to end up suffering horrible if you make the mistake of sitting on it without wearing any pants but I think that would be worth it.

Why would a mouse need a fan? is it made by nvidia?

Haha you idiots will buy anything. I actually have a DX racer shit's comfy as hell.

I use a similar chair, but I've got a pillow wrapped around each armrest. It's actually more comfortable than the "premium comfy" chairs like the la-z-boy bradley, which I briefly owned before returning it since it ended up being a downgrade.

Fold a nice towel in half and put it on the chair. The cotton breathes, and acts as a barrier between balls and leather, drastically reducing any sweating. In addition, picking up something like a high-end Vornado (amazon.com/Vornado-Full-Size-Whole-Room-Circulator/dp/B000MI3HJQ) and putting it on the floor pointed under your desk has you sitting in a wind tunnel, keeping you nice and chilled, and using a fraction of the electricity that your AC would use if you wanted to be equivalently cooled.

I see you've never shook hands with a fat person before.

I'm sitting on a very nice leather office chair I found next to a dumpster outside a bar near my apartment. Pic related is, I believe, the model I use.

Got a matching set of green leather swivel chairs for $50 at a garage sale. After three years, the only problem with the chairs has been that one of them squeaks. They're pretty comfy, but they'll cut off circulation to your legs if you sit for too long on account of the cushioning, so I guess it motivates me to take breaks.

Heh, I used that mouse as an example idea for a project at school. We were trying to create an anti-sweat solution for mice and gamepads and one of the most effective solutions we found was sticking your feet in a tub of ice water. Made the temperature of your hands drop nearly 3 to 4 degrees and reduced sweating quite a lot; The main drawback was that you had to have your feet in ice water. More to the point: fans over your hands reduced temperature 2 to 3 degrees and reduced sweating a little.

I prefer my desk and chair to be separated, so I bought pic related, pretty comfy, now I can browse Holla Forums in my living room without destroying my back.

COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU, RAZOR'S NEWEST GAMING™ PRODUCT, FOR HARDCORE GAMERS™

THE FROSTBYTE™ GAMING™ FOOT TUB

WHEN YOU'RE NOSCOPING™ NOOBS™ AND THE LAST MAN STANDING, DON'T LET SWEATY PALMS LOSE YOU THE MATCH. OUR PATENTED SUPERCOOLING TUB DESIGN WILL CHANNEL YOUR BODY HEAT OUT THROUGH YOUR FEET AND LEAVE YOU IN A HYPER AWARE STATE OF MIND, ALLOWING YOU TO DISH OUT PURE PWNAGE™ AND TAKE HOME THE GOLD

STOP SWEATING LIKE A NOOB™ AND START SWEATING LIKE A GAMER™

Glorious trips.

Main reason gaming chairs are even a thing is because companies pay streamers to shill them, and streamers who sit on their asses all day every day, claim that having an ergonomic chair helps them more than, say, sitting on some old folding chair or a 40$ office chair.

I have that one of the arms just fell off. The nut on the bottom sheered off. I removed the second nut and it seems like an improvement.

This is pretty much my exact chair that I got on sale at some bullshit office supply store and it has lasted valiantly for almost five years. I wish it had lumbar support, but other than that it's been fantastic.

I decided to make a product advertisement for , Razer should hire me for their marketing department.

Noice

They back of mine is a little crooked, which I think I've determined is due to bolts being looser in some areas than others (the back is effectively bolted on to the base piece through the arm rests). I used a hex key I had lying around to tighten up some of the bolts and it's a little straighter now, but ultimately still a little crooked. I've thought about just removing the arm rests and trying to adjust the placement of the back before resecuring them again, but I am afraid some bolts would never return to their sockets.

Hah. Plebs and their plastic chairs.

#2 wouldn't be particularly comfortable, as that style of cushioning doesn't have a whole lot of give to it and those armrests are brutal.

elbows go on your desk anyway, armrests on a desk chair are decoration and little more

I'm just using a wooden chair

What are you doin, fam?

Being productive

Are you thinking about picking up some Gamer Grub and some Gamer Glasses too, you fucking queermo?

I just sit on the floor. It took me a few months to get used to it but now I'm pretty much comfortable anywhere. Sitting in chairs your whole life has consequences for the muscles of your legs.

an office chair i found on the side of the road is working just fine, and i can spend the money on actual video games

And you can smash a burglar over the head with it then pin him if they break in

Using one. Not as comfy as it suppose to be. Maybe it's because the leather makes things harder. I might try adding an obusform for the back and the seat area (they got seat cushions too). I read that helped.

Mine was shit quality. The seat's stitching always broke and the memory foam made my hip and back issues worse. Plus the adjustment knobs always broke and the lumbar got stuck in a position. Not worth the price.

If you want an honest, objective answer: just find an old la-z-boy recliner. Swivel or not. It's the most comfortable option. Lots of padding, designed for very long periods of sitting. Couch-potato tier comfort.

Hard, plastic junk with hardly any padding and shaped to force your posture is not comfy plus the rollers work poorly on carpet. Waste of money. Just find an old recliner.

I'll take a dozen.

i just sit on my bed like a normal person

It also looks really close to mine too. I guess these chair manufacturers share their designs.

Got this ikea chair.
Works.
The back has a compartment where some of the parts are stored before you build it, if you stuff a pillow in that space it becomes extra comfortable.

Best buy's dumpsters.

That works excellently for console/couch gaming but at a desk its a little too low and too leaned back

no piston, but if the mechanism fails it can snap closed and bend you in half like a twig.

nigger my chair at work has started to get really stiff at the piston and I'm scared it's going to explode. I won't get one at home too.

One of these, but with cushions for my ass and a pillow for my back
I need a new chair

I've used a stack of 3 for years
I still can't get used to my new chair

I didn't believe you, then I googled it myself. Holy shit.

Not that guy, but I have been using a recliner chair as my desk chair for years now. Keyboard rests in my lap, table is just high enough so that the leg rest fits under the table with my legs and a small flat surface for the mouse.

do you use your legs to press harder?

There. Fuck office chairs and gaming chairs.

I have a mouse+keyboard tray that rolls out over my lap from under my desk. Very simple attachment. If you can't afford that just lay a board or something over the arm rests.

Why is every high end computer product/accessory a "gaming" thing?

High end computers can do more than just bideo gaymes.

I use a recliner actually. Still scared about office chairs that can ass rape you to death at any moments notice.

mfw i didn't fall for the gayming chair meme.