IT'S 2017

Well anons, there's only a few months left until 2018, and only a few games releasing in the next four months look passable. Anyone have some early GOTY picks that actually came out this year?? I'm gonna have to go with Sonic Mania, since I don't think Guilty Gear Rev 2 really counts.

tough choice
i would say sonic forces because i like 3d sonic games and I have that feeling in my gut it's going to be another alright 3d sonic game, while on the topic of 3d platformers, a hat in time is a nice game to bid on, but as always subject to change.

inb4 automata autists

I have a whole bunch but whenever I post them a whole pack of people who don't play video games pop out and start shitting on everything with memes and green text.
"Holla Forums hate video games" joke went too far.

I completely forgot about this game. Did it get some kind of graphical downgrade? I could've sworn it used to be cel-shaded.

Horizon along with BotW were bretty gud. They're suspiciously similar tbh - at least from the setting perspective.

Must the lack of BLOOM the original alpha had, as long as I can see shit it doesn't matter.

Im having a hard time deciding between sonic mania and persona 5.

My GotY always goes to the game that makes me feel like a small child having fun playing video games for the first time, so I'm going to have to go for Snake Pass.
I spent 30 minutes giggling while changing the face of my snek, so that's well worth GotY, let alone the fun and new gameplay.

Just say them user. If you get bullied, bully them back or report them for not contributing and being niggers.

I forgot about this too. Going to give it a quick pirate then see if it's worth the shekels.
I heard there was some SJW shit in the background, but that might just be redditors trying to fit in by screeching.

It's not out yet, but I played the demo

It's probably because it's got that frog fuck MaxOfS2D working on it. Or at least he was, I don't know if he's still involved in the project.

There we go then:
>Persona 5 Youtube Edition
Special mention - Dead Cells, but it's in Early Access.

Honest question, what does Nidhogg 2 do any different than the first game? It just looks to me like they took the first game and butchered the artstyle.

what's the story of MaxofS2D? what the guy do?

It has the Lizarmen

I can't recall any specific drama, I just know the guy is a gigantic SJW faggot. Hell, even Facepunch of all places got tired of his shit and banned him.

New weapons, new moves, new levels. At least gameplay-wise it's objectively a better game.
And I like the new art style.

Stop sucking corporate cock user.

Fine

(checked)
Thanks user.

I really can't stand it. There's a certain appeal to a bunch of blocky, faceless figures running around and stabbing the shit out of each other, and I think swapping that out for weird-looking cartoon characters just ruins it.

I can understand that.
Xrd ruined Guilty Gear for me with its new art style and despite being better video game overall I can't play it, so I can totally understand that.

Either one of these two.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have the image with this year's recommended games?

Guess Grimoire is the only real candidate for GOTY seeing as Bonerlord is still in development and there haven't been any major DF releases this year.

Games I'm cautiously looking forward to:

Games from this year that I liked

And that's about it. Probably better than 2016.

I want a tomato to win just so i can see moonman smile.

I unironically like NuPrey. It's one of the few good games that came out this year.
Near a Tomato was pretty good too, but it had a lot of problems. I probably won't play it again.

The only thing that game had going for it were the mimics.

I haven't played anything released this year unless eroge counts.

You forgot to post anime girl.

Okay?…

I think my personal games of the year so far would be Yakuza 0, Persona 5 and Nier Automata. Trails in the Sky 3rd if that also counts.

There's Yakuza Kiwami coming out this year but that's a remake. I'm not sure what other games I'm looking forward to. Tokyo Xanadu was shit on by Aksys and Ys VIII is unfortunately in the hands of NISA.

BioShock was worse than NuPrey.
Mimics were cool, but got old after a while. Phantoms were neat, too. NuPrey had more interesting weapons than BioShock, and the Looking Glass meme panels were neat (but underused).
It's not my favorite game of all time or anything, but I think it was a legitimately good game that had a retarded name because Zenimax had the rights and decided to use them for no good reason.
NuPrey also has a bunch of Arx Fatalis references, which I enjoyed.

Heh.

Kek

I fucking loved playing Gravity Rush 2. Once you get past the poor first chapter and the sandbox finally opens up, it's one of the most joyful gameplay experiences of the decade.

Shame about the pozzed story, but at least Kat's a qt3.14

I really wanna say it's overrated, but then I remember that only a handful of waifufags give a shit about it and feel at ease.

I have to say persona 5 or NieR: Automata.
I found resident evil 7 to be a really fun game, if one just plans to play it during an evening. I did not get into Nioh only because the cutscenes killed it for me.
BotW was alright did not get inn with the wiiu version but played some hours of it on Switch.
Dragon Quest 11 was really good and I got some weird nostalgia feel.

if you have a ps4 or 3 get persona5.

I just want a non-shit game that has Souls-like combat, but without its retarded death system.

My top 5 games of the year so far;
1. Under Night In-Birth EXE:late [st]
2. Yakuza 0
3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
4. The King of Fighters XIV Steam Edition
5. A-Train PC Classic

The few games I have left to look forward to;
Senko no Ronde 2
Everybody’s Golf
Yakuza Kiwami
Raiden V: Director's Cut
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
Etrian Odyssey V
Ys Seven PC
Samurai Shodown V Special: Unfucked Edition
Mary Skelter: Nightmares

Why do Nips (and only Nips) come up with stupid names like this?

better than VAGUENAME that's taken over western shite.

It's a spiritual successor to the dev's other game with a ridiculous title. It's a running gag at this point but the title makes perfect sense if you play the game.

They're both bad, but the Nip style is worse.

I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But it's funny either way.

I totally forgot Nioh. It's a hell of a lot of fun and the game is getting a fair amount of free support from the patches.

I really need to play Gravity Rush. I played the demo for 2 and I liked it a lot.

why is it worse?

It's the death system that makes the games also the level design.

1st pic reminds me of pic related

I think a game with Souls combat, a normal game over, and that kind of interconnected map design, would be very good.

bump

My picks would be
1. persona 5
2. Neir Automato
3. Botw

Although the only games i have faith in actually winning a reward would be botw due to nostalgia/normal fags or persona 5 because that game is just that spectacular and creative. Im not choosing any other games such as Nioh because although they were pretty damn good, its not really groundbreaking or trying to be more than what it really is good at, stuff that other games already did.

Japan is great but its not immune to stupid shit user. Some of those names makes no sense and is pretentious as fuck. Its just as bad if not at times worse than indie western shit.

Tekken 7

some part of me still hopes mikami gets his shit together and the evil within 2 turns out to be the hook man game we always wanted

BOTW
Odyssey looks like it could be great. Could being the operative word.
Sonic Mania was alright but not GOTY material unless you're a furfag.
I expect Horizon to get a lot of GOTY awards simply for being a non-Nintendo "Zelda killer" full of diversity points.

What did they do?