What's your favorite arena FPS game, Holla Forums?

What's your favorite arena FPS game, Holla Forums?

Pic related. Painkiller is a close second. Hard Reset has better guns and much cooler scenes, Painkiller feels faster and has bunny hopping and entertaining challenge modes.

Other urls found in this thread:

esreality.com/?a=post&id=596722
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lack of ADS makes an arena FPS now?

Ive always been a fan of UT. 99' is my favorite but 2004 comes close. My only problem with 2004 is that the rocket launcher doesnt shoot grenades anymore.

I might not have the definition correct, to be entirely honest. But I didn't know how else to sum up "first person shooters with quick movement, lots of enemies in specific small spaces, and sometimes fast-paced multiplayer. bunny hopping optional"

I assumed "arena" referred to the waves of baddies coming out for you to mow down or the arenas you fight in in multiplayer.

Stop with this shit meme. Arena FPSes are Unreal Tournament or Quake 3.

How
Arena is literally what it is, an Arena, where you fight against people

Which is both Hard Reset and Painkiller do.
Lock you in an arena where you kill shit with some linear sections in between.

DooM 2016, the pistol sucks and the game is too short though

Kill yourself
Wow, not only do you have shit taste but you're a casual as well.
But I guess thats what happens when you tack on a shit tier progression system that rapes the game design and pacing.

suck my dick kiddo, choke on it

tbf adding ads makes it into a camping simulator.

Get out, fish.

Desync fucking sucks, bland enemies, ugly art, and badly designed upgrade system
Fucking trash that ride on the wave of fake 80s nostalgia

I couldn't even masturbate you with my Nasal Cavity Mr Micropenis.

Your game is shit, its a fucking mediocre wishy washy turd that doesn't know what it wants to be, its a poorly designed mess and is even more poorly designed for Nightmare which was the only way I could even tolerate this poorly designed Bethshit game.

How could they fuck up Hell is beyond my comphreension as well, even fucking Doom 3 got that right.

You're talking about Dusk by mistake, you obviously sucked at Desync because it's anything but bland lol

AFPS are multiplayer.
You're describing horde shooters.

Never played Hard Reset or Painkiller. Going to play one of them right now.

>>>/Reddit/

Go for Painkiller first

you would get pregnant by just smelling my massive dick kiddo

You've outed yourself here, user. Lurk a bit more before you call others redditors.

So what you're saying is that your miniscule penis is the host of airborne spread bacteria?

I'm posting from a phone

Are you trying to make me think less of you or something?

Believe it or not, Devil Daggers is one of the more important examples of horde shooters and how they should be done.

my dick is so alpha that you would become a female by just smelling it, you see, you are already under its influence kiddo thats why you got the urge to reply in the first place

You will now will reply again because you want this dick

post pic pls

Xonotic is all I can say. With the SMB Mod on servers so many things can be modified for totally different game plays and physics.

The best AFPS game will always be Quake 3 CPMA.

Check out this frag movie, you cant find it on youtube but its pretty good.
esreality.com/?a=post&id=596722

at least you picked a game with good air control

For everyone in this thread who wants to play actual AFPS, check out:
QW
CPM
Xonotic (we have a thread (and a server if you're willing to put up with pineapple ping))
I've heard Painkiller is good as well, but the tiny jumps with no autohop just annoy the shit out of me. Also it's dead as far as I'm aware

There's also a game I ran into recently (thanks to a guy from the Xon community) called MF Arena, which is basically Q1 mechanics put into ioq3 with a Reflex-tier plasma (read: really good knockback on plasmaclimb) and the ability to use both Q1 and Q3 movement

Overrated as fuck:
Q2
VQ3/QL

If you want UT suggestions you'll have to find a UTfag. I've never liked their movement

Also insta is for fags. CA/RA too. Learn weapons and items and don't be a pussy

fug

I do think it might be my favorite shooter of all time though despite being bad at it, I don't really play multiplayer games and its easily the most challenging shooter I've played and in a way that feels very fair.

Do you know the track to the song in this track? I want to get more like bad stone from crystal method but can't and this comes nicely close. I mean you want to show a game sample but fuck there's no saucenao for music but I want this track/artist's shit.

Thanks, I searched the comments but somehow missed it.

I can't believe I was so overcome by listening to it, it's wonderful.

Fair enough. Normally for movement I'd go to GroinMischief or Mew, but I suppose if you're out to show raw speed and/or rocket jumps, CA is the way to go

For anyone still in the thread who is intimidated by actual AFPS and/or doesnt want to get shitstomped, just find some other newbies/shitters to pair up with and throw in the occasional reality check so you dont form quite so many bad habits. AFPS is aspirational. It's about improvement, not grinding or leaderboards. For NA players, we have a Xonotic server, and theres still some 'flex stuff going on. You could also brute force CPM, which will probably be as difficult as it is rewarding unless they've had another surge of new players. Once you break past the initial hurdle, you'll start to see and take part in moments of brilliance, and the goal is to reign that shit in and make it consistent so you can play like embed related

fuck, thats a shitty version, have this one instead

Ziggurat is good. Go fucking play it ya nugheads.

At least we dont get quake cham`pions

you have been shilling this turd here for so long now with the same screenshots
Has anyone actually bought it from here?

Fucking bump for horde shooter thread.

Still playing Hard Reset, I keep rage quitting and then coming back. Mark of a good game. The combo weapons are great, flicking a black hole and then a grenade into the mass of critters never gets old. Only problems are the see through walls rail gun, which completely slows the gameplay to a crawl and I would be hypocrite if I didn't say the lightning gun is fuck overwatch tier of casual.

*fucking

Please explain to me how they made the smartgun such a shitty fucking weapon. I never once used it after upgrading it fully, hoping it would get better. Everything else was always just better.

"Arena" is a broad term. It can mean any finite space that is a battlefield from end to end.
PUBG is an arena shooter.
PUBG is also a real-time first-person squad-based tactics game.
Labels are shit; games should always be described by 1-2 paragraphs specifying their underlying design philosophies and playstyles rather than spouting nonsense blurry genres like "soulstroidvania"