Brandon Nguyen
Brandon Nguyen

This is how bad the faces are in Shenmue 3

Aaron Walker
Aaron Walker

Forgot to attach the other pics

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

Could be worse. Face does look a little squished though.

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

And how much did the raise again? Jesus fucking Christ.

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

Oh boy

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

This is published by Deep Silver alright.

William Roberts
William Roberts

I hope it stays this way.

Mason Jones
Mason Jones

What the fuck. Did they hire devs from bioware Toronto to do all that? And after all that fund money, it looks like a WIP instead of an official final product.

Austin Myers
Austin Myers

shenmue
focus on graphics
?

Isaiah Nguyen
Isaiah Nguyen

I could care less as long as the game is good.

David Harris
David Harris

You should've posted some pics of the dude Ryo fights in the trailer, he legit looks like he's in the wrong game.

James Ward
James Ward

They clearly are focusing on graphics if you watch the trailer the backgrounds look very detailed but then there's the characters.

Gabriel Ward
Gabriel Ward

Shenmue kinda sucked to be honest

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

yakuza filled its gap

Jose Thompson
Jose Thompson

There's more to life than this.

Chase Gonzalez
Chase Gonzalez

x was never good
back to cuckchan

Sebastian Smith
Sebastian Smith

This must be what Japanese think Chinese people look like.

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

It is true, a boring walking sim filled with QTEs and pointless information about NPCs

Lincoln Campbell
Lincoln Campbell

the backgrounds look very detailed but then there's the characters
you mean like shenmue 1?

Brandon Gutierrez
Brandon Gutierrez

They did say that they are reusing tons of uncompressed assets from Shenmue 2

Aiden Powell
Aiden Powell

They were that high resolution?

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

I didn't notice that much of a disconnect in the first game though, the characters and animations seemed standard for their time.

Jackson Rivera
Jackson Rivera

Eh, could be worse, the world looks pretty comfy. Still they do need to loosen it up a bit as everything feel pretty robotic. At least it's not pizza explosions making anime fans cry on prom night.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

The characters look like they're wearing masks.
Hope those are placeholders, holy shit.

Connor Moore
Connor Moore

If anything this makes me worry less about Suzuki going full overboard and trying to make Shenmue into something it isn't, like going into a Yakuza direction but failing hard at the end
I really only want the conclusion of the fucking cliffhanger from over a fucking decade ago

Carter Reyes
Carter Reyes

Wouldn't surprise me honestly, considering the budgets on the first two.
Or Andromemeda.

John Cook
John Cook

I know the originals were quite stylized, but this shit is so fucking weird looking in higher res. Man they really should've changed the style a bit to suit better graphics.

Landon Hill
Landon Hill

it looks like a WIP instead of an official final product
a game that's a WIP looks like a WIP
Who would have thought, right?

Elijah Diaz
Elijah Diaz

That's an accurate description. I think a lot of the post-release praise it gets is either from non-gamers who like their "games" with very little actual gameplay, or people who had the DC as very young kids with shit taste. The DC came out when I was 11, and I was playing Blue Stinger, Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure, Hydro Thunder, and Soul Caliber. Shenmue looked boring as fuck, so I avoided it until recently with DEmul, and surprise surprise, it's a boring fucking meme game.

Samuel Cook
Samuel Cook

Shenmue is probably the most overrsted Dreamcast game

Oliver Morales
Oliver Morales

It's certainly an acquired taste. It's also the sole reason I like Space Harrier.

Wyatt Jones
Wyatt Jones

retards who can't spell don't enjoy Shenmue
How shocking.

Landon Hill
Landon Hill

What do you want, OP? Quality graphics or memes? Because you can't have both.

Alexander King
Alexander King

You didn't shown the best one.

Ryder Lee
Ryder Lee

Meanwhile dreamcast faces.

Parker Evans
Parker Evans

Wait a minute that face.

Jeremiah Rogers
Jeremiah Rogers

Shenmue III confirmed for BOGPILLED

David Gutierrez
David Gutierrez

shenmue
focus on graphics

Shenmue was actually really impressive for the time. These faces shown in the trailer are obviously just placeholders since the vast majority of them have absolutely zero expression or animation. At least, christ I hope so… but you can never tell these days. Even so, they're still not Ass E-fucked: Diarrhea's face levels of bad.

tfw even Shenmue I had better facial models and facial animations than Shenmue III - at least, demo'd on the Passport disk.

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

implying you made an argument and weren't just bitching with nothing to back it up

William Collins
William Collins

That's bad?
What are you niggers talking about?

Jack Lewis
Jack Lewis

To me at least, it's not so much that it's bad. It's just that the environments look beautiful and finished. But placing characters that are clearly in their early stages of development makes it look extremely jarring.

Imagine if the game wasn't delayed to next year

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

Yakuza: Zero 2: Prequel Before the Prequel: GOTY edition

Cameron Moore
Cameron Moore

meme game
"x was never good"
these two are easy ways to recognize if someone is actually retarded

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

I don't even know what the fuck this means

If anything I have more problems with the environments that look dark as shit.
The only problem with the characters is that they didn't animate their eyes, yet, weird decision but it's clearly just an oversight

David Ward
David Ward

Reminds me of this.

Isaiah Hall
Isaiah Hall

user made the argument (which was apparently deleted), I replied in agreement, and you began publicly shitting your pants over someone having an opinion that differs from yours.

If you want to see what the Shenmue would have been like if it actually had good gameplay, go play the Yakuza series. We both know that you'd rightfully shit on Shenmue if it had been released today with identical gameplay and modern graphics.

Carter Richardson
Carter Richardson

Yu Suzuki is an overtly ambitious fool with an otherwise flawless track record stained by that abortion known as Shenmue. I do recall that he said how he planned to make a ridiculous amount of Shenmue games way before 2 was released and already has plans for a Shenmue 4 when 3 is not even out. He reminds me of James Cameron, used to be good in the past but is too self confident and full of himself (he already wrote like 4 Avatar movies and only one is out) to realize that he might be going on the wrong track. You can actually draw a lot of parallels between Avatsr and Shenmue.

Matthew Sullivan
Matthew Sullivan

ghoul memes
I was almost forced to make a counterargument then I remembered those cartoons where drawn 40 year old man who LARP's as a (((alt-right))) and turned out to be a pederast who groomed a 15 year old boy to be his sex slave. Not only was he a faggot but he dropped the dox on his best (((alt-right))) friend who turned out to be a Jew married to a tranny faghag.

Jace Garcia
Jace Garcia

I think a lot of the post-release praise it gets is either from non-gamers who like their "games" with very little actual gameplay, or people who had the DC as very young kids with shit taste. The DC came out when I was 11,

No, it gets praise because at the time - Shenmue was a novelty. It might be difficult to comprehend, the the argument that games have stagnated and there is no innovation left has been going on since at least the Playstation 1 (probably earlier, but I didn't have internet before 1995). Shenmue was seen as something different, innovative, and revolutionary at the time. Especially if you were a Dreamcast fan and were trying desperately to justify your purchase while looking down the barrel of a gun named Playstation 2.

Now… that shit is pretty the core of every open-world cinematic trash game polluting the industry. Of course it's going to be easier to look back and point out all the flaws in the formula - because it's no longer a novelty. It's the primitive incarnation of modern cancer.

Evan Price
Evan Price

Looks like dreamcast stuff, thought that was the whole point.

Dylan Richardson
Dylan Richardson

pointing out that you can't even spell
publicly shitting your pants over someone having an opinion that differs from yours
user, you're the one freaking out that people aren't agreeing with you.

Lincoln Scott
Lincoln Scott

I haven't laughed out loud in a long time.

Zachary White
Zachary White

Who cares who made it? The soundtrack to The Shining was made by a tranny but it's still great.

Jonathan Brown
Jonathan Brown

who care who made it
I like a think made by a tranny
you are stick in the head and have shit taste in music.

Owen Rogers
Owen Rogers

get a load of this guy

Christopher Clark
Christopher Clark

muh based trannys and muh faggots
get a load of this gay

Adam Green
Adam Green

I wish graphicsfags would die.

William Ramirez
William Ramirez

a novelty
seen as something different, innovative, and revolutionary at the time
Pic related is the first thing that popped into mind for "muh revolutionary novelty meme games".
Now… that shit is pretty the core of every open-world cinematic trash game polluting the industry
Which lends credibility to the idea that once you remove the nostalgia filter and view Shenmue in a bubble (as you should for all games), it's just not a good game. Being novel is very different from being good, again pic related is highly relevant for that. As I said here , if it was released today with identical gameplay and a graphical facelift, we'd be universally shitting on it. So how can one not only give it a pass, but claim it's a good game and that nostalgia isn't a factor?

You do understand that we have IDs here, right? Where exactly is this typo that you're still shitting your pants over?

Josiah Rogers
Josiah Rogers

The only problem with the characters is that they didn't animate their eyes, yet, weird decision but it's clearly just an oversight
Well since the video is titled the 1st teaser there's probably going to be more as time goes on and progress continues, as long as the final product doesn't have such stiff faces no one will really care in the future.

Blake Adams
Blake Adams

If someone makes something good that thing is good regardless of who they are
If you're so insecure you can't even admit something is good because of its creator then you're just a huge fucking faggot

I hope I'm baited because nobody can be this fucking stupid

It's just strange they'd just put this out as a first teaser, probably doesn't give the best idea to the backers

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

You mean kids who born in PS2 era and capcucks? For me, okay.

Mason Stewart
Mason Stewart

Hey OP, didn't you know that shitting on Shenmue is
WAY UNCOOOOL

Besides, who needs graphics when you can have stellar voice acting like that :^)

Lucas Cooper
Lucas Cooper

no bad voice acting in the teaser
That would have been the icing on the cake, shit.

At least the original Ryo voice is coming back.

Gabriel Sanders
Gabriel Sanders

we
Holla Forums is one person
meme game
the signature spice of a retarded shitposter
kill yourself

Carson Lee
Carson Lee

He at least tried making a proper argument.

Tyler Richardson
Tyler Richardson

replying calmly is now shitting your pants
I'm not your instructor, maybe you should review your own post and see what you fucked up.

Thomas Rodriguez
Thomas Rodriguez

PS2 fans
Graphics cucks
Not with that 480i.

Ayden Rivera
Ayden Rivera

That's not what he meant and you know it, he meant to say people whose first console was the PS2

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

This meme is gay.

Shenmue = adventure game

Yakuza = beat 'em up

Like, I get they're both set in asia and you punch in them, but Shenmue is so much deeper than that that you're doing it a disservice by comparing it to Yakuza trash tbh.

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

yakuza is shit
also retarded

Wyatt Phillips
Wyatt Phillips

Nice Sega Saturn animations there, Mr. Suzuki.

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

QTE
its a deep game
LOL

Nicholas Lopez
Nicholas Lopez

y-you're retarded and can't spell!
<Where is this phantom typo?
f-fuck y-you figure it out y-y-yourself
Honestly got a good chuckle out of that, thanks famalam.

Ian Rivera
Ian Rivera

This is really neat stuff, it looks like the Saturn was way more powerful than the Playstation?

Kevin Walker
Kevin Walker

Romulans in Shenmue

Anthony Parker
Anthony Parker

At least it looks better than marvel vs capcom

Hudson Miller
Hudson Miller

In theory the Saturn had some advantages over the PS1 (higher VRAM, extra channels of sound, higher video resolution output), but it was a Frankenstein of a system with 3D capabilities grafted on at the last minute. Rumor has it the Saturn build of Shenmue was on a development system with its own extra RAM in addition to the 4meg RAM cart released in 1997.

Cameron Kelly
Cameron Kelly

Honestly they could have went with Virtua FIghter 1 tier character models and I still wouldn't have cared. I just want Shenmue III to come out and wrap up the story.
It could be the shittiest game ever created, I just want closure.

Michael Adams
Michael Adams

It was a ambitious interactive adventure game where the outcome changes depending on your choices. I liked the first.

You could control everything inside.

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

Yeah, view games in a bubble.
"Like how are Pong and Pac-Man considered good games, like the graphics are so shitty XD."
"Like if Super Mario Bros was made today we would all think it's terrible XDDDDD."
I reject your gaslighting attempts. I found Shenmue to be fun. Just like I found Metal Gear Solid to be fun. Call me all the names you want but fun things are fun. I know Normalfags have soured most of the board an the word, what with their definition of "fun" being uncontested garbage. But most Anons could do well to remember the one game that gave them enjoyment in their lives. Remember that no matter how bad the industry gets, no one can remake or reimagine your fond memories of what once was. Sage for offtopic rant.

William Hall
William Hall

That's a pretty shitty rant

Kayden Stewart
Kayden Stewart

Shenmue was never good.

Brody Moore
Brody Moore

You're admitting that you specifically enjoy it because of the "fond memories" you have of it, and I actually don't have a problem with that. I have fond memories of Lego Island, for example, and that's a fucking terrible game when judged on its own merits. My problem is when people equate fond memories with good gameplay.

Ryan Bennett
Ryan Bennett

Can't blame them, they obviously know they are in a shit game and are dead inside.

Wyatt Thomas
Wyatt Thomas

very cool

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

They're fine.

Ethan Gonzalez
Ethan Gonzalez

Hitman Blood Money on the 360 looked better than this

Nathan Jenkins
Nathan Jenkins

And Silent Hill 3 is even older and still blows most modern games out of the water. Wait till you see what they did with the facial expressions, so far we've only seen placeholders with blank expressions.

Owen Lee
Owen Lee

lurk more newfag

Tyler Martin
Tyler Martin

p1) faggots are incapable or making "good" things.
p2) You like shit made by fags
c) therefore your taste is shit.

You can't argue with logic!

James Russell
James Russell

Hey. Stay out of my territory. Only I can have fun baiting retards.

John Phillips
John Phillips

Lol no it was planned to be a 5 game series
Wait for more cliffhangers

Charles Gonzalez
Charles Gonzalez

It took him 18 years to get slightly angry

Hudson Jenkins
Hudson Jenkins

Is the video Shenmue?

Liam Gomez
Liam Gomez

ᴛᴏᴘᴋᴇᴋ

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

Shenmue looks fucking awful now, like a totally different character. I'm pissed.

Evan Lewis
Evan Lewis

forced stutter typing
You're really pushing this "you're mad" meme aren't you? By the way using the phrase "meme game" alone makes you cancer, typo or no. Get better bait next time newfag.

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

You are mad tho.

Connor Long
Connor Long

typo or no
It was at this moment user realized that there never was a typo, that his original spelling spergout was for nought, and that he was actually the cancer all along.

Jayden Adams
Jayden Adams

Best Shenmue song.

If u disagree then you are nigger.

Jeremiah Robinson
Jeremiah Robinson

Beautiful, but I have a soft spot for this one.

Julian Howard
Julian Howard

I don't care even if the game is coming out for the Saturn, i just want a closure.

Ayden Smith
Ayden Smith

Implying Shenmue III won't end on a cliffhanger

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Asher Wood
Asher Wood

Don't jinx it.

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

Not even about jynx, the guy himself said it, iirc when the game was announced, that he wants a shenmue 4 too.

Carson White
Carson White

We already had that, it was a manga set in his ocean travel from Japan to China.

Liam Lewis
Liam Lewis

ITS OKAY WHEN JAPAN DOES IT

weebs should just harakiri themsleves

Gavin Turner
Gavin Turner

Hydro thunder

Nathan Flores
Nathan Flores

You sure about that? Look what happened to Zero Escape.

Sebastian Ward
Sebastian Ward

something seems familiar

Zachary Thomas
Zachary Thomas

he didn't understand the complex motives
smh tbh fam should be banned tbqhwy

Ayden Foster
Ayden Foster

Heh, I was just pretending. Looks like you couldn't see through MY complex motives, faggot.

Luke Mitchell
Luke Mitchell

You think you can out complex me?
Good luck, I'm behind 7 complex motives.

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

Oh man, don't think I ever heard that. I'm not sure what would be worse, cliffhangers or if they tried to condense it to one game.

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

Didn't this shit get crowdfunded?

Elijah Long
Elijah Long

Why?
What's the problem? He looks like a Baki character. He should have been in Street Fighter V. Not that giant piece of shit.

Jace Walker
Jace Walker

Animated .jpg

HOW

Jordan Nguyen
Jordan Nguyen

Nice forced meme.
/cuckchan/index.html

Kevin Perry
Kevin Perry

Meanwhile, in PS2

Nathan King
Nathan King

a game from 2004 looks better than a dc game from 1999

Levi Sullivan
Levi Sullivan

animated
I hope you're just baiting, if so consider me hooked.

Jason Kelly
Jason Kelly

The power of the cloud.

Evan Ward
Evan Ward

differing opinion
posts le bait maymay XDD because too autistic to see things from another persons point of view

Please fuck right off back to 4cuck you autistic faggottron.

Jayden Barnes
Jayden Barnes

Payed by Sony and crowdfunded by idiots.

Brody Wright
Brody Wright

*upvotes and gives reddit gold*

Adam Ramirez
Adam Ramirez

Thank you gentle sir, I made that one myself in photo editing software.

Xavier Collins
Xavier Collins

Those plastic, lifeless characters is all I need to see to know this game will not live up to the expectations. What's worse, a cancelled game from 2005-2006 (Shenmue Online) shows a better job at modeling faces and "inserting life" to them.

Jayden Foster
Jayden Foster

Is that Mark?

(1)

John Evans
John Evans

graphics mean a game will be shit
Am I in the midst of reddit or did everybody just regress? I don't doubt it'll be shit but not because of this.

Brandon Martinez
Brandon Martinez

Holla Forums is all about hating video games for the sake of hating.
You shouldn't be surprised by this thread.

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

Who said I was surprised? I'm just adding my garbage to the pile.

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

dunno if I ever wanted that game tbqh famalam.

Also it's kinda early to say what Shenmue3 is going to be since it's not coming out this year, if I remember correctly. I hope they are just working on the gameplay to make it fun and so on.

But I've been wrong before so dubs this game is going to be shit. Come on chaos god gibs dubs.

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

Exactly where did op say that the game will be shit?

David Turner
David Turner

so this obscure imageboard based of an imageboard that is also based of Japanese imageboard that is heavily into Japanese cartoons, on the sub category of video games where the Japanese loves video games and the based of hates video games also does the ones based of bases of also hates video games.
Really makes the almonds run, also gib dubs

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

This is how bad the faces are in Shenmue 3
Exactly where did op say that the game will be shit?
Reading comprehension much?
But then again
(1)

Easton Anderson
Easton Anderson

Are you retarded? How is a game is going to have bad faces mean the game will be shit?

Aiden Peterson
Aiden Peterson

Ask the shitposting OP.

Thomas Roberts
Thomas Roberts

How is a game is going to have bad faces mean the game will be shit?

Adam Ortiz
Adam Ortiz

Mass Effect was not shit because of bad facial animation and 3d models. It was shit because they had a really cartoony story, puzzles/sudoku but with alien symbols, bad gunplay, shit resource gathering, mindboogling level design and the list goes on. The shit animation and bad 3d models was just an indicator that the game was shit.

It can mean that Shenmue 3 will be shit but I'm waiting for some gameplay trailer not some cock teasing teaser trailer.

Dylan Jackson
Dylan Jackson

Seriously, this is the game that Sony shilled on E3 a couple of years ago?! Really niggers?! My god!

Grayson Rivera
Grayson Rivera

The faces in the first two looked cartoony and goofy too. It's like you fags are so young you never played them.

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

Yes, it's seriously that game that they shilled and where Sega gave the 3rd game in the series license to.
nah, not too young to remember but my country never had a special relationship with Sega, so there was not really a dreamcast presence here and Shenmue was so niche that it could not even sell on the xbox in my country.

Brayden Lee
Brayden Lee

Did they hire devs from bioware Toronto to do all that?

Somebody needs to be stop them.
There is a new generations of 3d modeller using 3d sculpture programs like zbrush for example. Their inexperiences in this field create those abominations and unoptimized for animation and take a lot of space with very high polygon count.

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

If you actually bothered reading the thread then you would know that anons are not merely hating on a game for the sake of it, there are legitimate reasons to be worried about Shenmue 3 and I say that as a backer.

Elijah Taylor
Elijah Taylor

he has never played a yakuza game
he only knows shenmue from the top 10s
will shill a kikestarter hackjob nonetheless

I wish you redditors took enough hormones to finally kill yourselves.

Connor Bailey
Connor Bailey

Mass Effect was not shit because of bad facial animation and 3d models

It was bad because of diversity quotas dragging the quality down in EVERY part of the game. Gangrene affects the whole body when it kicks in.

Oliver Cruz
Oliver Cruz

Fuck off.

Asher Miller
Asher Miller

Why?

Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee

How much do you wanna bet 80% of the shitposters in this thread never played Shenmue?

Andrew Bell
Andrew Bell

reminded me of a Holla Forums user who combine the faces of the whole main female cast of mario to created the perfect waifu ( pauline, peach, daisy and rosalina)

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

I'm talking about the gameplay even tough the diversity shit did not help either. Bioware is beyond doomed at this point, their games are the only ones where you can have sex with everything, and that is the selling point. Also people have been so burned with mass effect 3 and dragon age cisquisition. I'm hoping that this anthem will be the nail in their coffin.

Jaxson Perry
Jaxson Perry

remember that sony shilled for nu-male sky as well

Aaron Campbell
Aaron Campbell

that feeling when you realise games on the dreamcast look better than most games today

What in the fuck is going on. Holyshit that's some incompetence.

Angel Moore
Angel Moore

Looks half cartoon half realistic. Can you explain what the problem is other than you just hate video games and want a reason to not play it?
being a graphics whore codfag

Brody Cook
Brody Cook

Art style is inconsistent, not that half cartoony graphics can't be done right but Shenmue 3 clearly has a strong stylistic clash between the Shenmue 2 assets and the new ones

Cooper Jackson
Cooper Jackson

Fake.

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

Shenmue 1 and 2 were renowned foe their graphical detail when they came out. This honestly looks worse than the Dreamcast games that are over 15 years old. Please shove your le Holla Forums video games meme up your pisshole and go back to /reddit/index.html

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit