Age of empires 4

we now live in the dimmension where this game exists, is it gonna be great or the biggest flop by microshill?

Other urls found in this thread:

hoi3wiki.com/BlackICE
ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Explorer
archive.is/SalUh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I won't even be able to play it, since it will most likely going to be Windows 10 Exclusive.

AoE2 was my childhood and they are gonna rape it

It'll be a Windows 10 Exclusive with microtransactions out of the wazoo. Don't waste your time with this.

Didn't they already do AoE 4? The past few years have all sloshed together into something unrecognizable to me.

I'm not optimistic.

It's dead

Besides the remakes of 1 and 2, they did Age of Empires Online. Never played the game, but here is the first gameplay video, I found on youtube.

How much do you want to bet they'll make it another fucking console RTS?

They did 3
4 is suppose to be 1800's to now

Source?
I hope it's not true, it will be fucking shit for sure with some BBC history tier shit going on

If this image is still valid, it could start with the Napoleon era, then go into WW1, WW2 and finally into cold-war/modern era.

I don't think they would go that far. I think it would be Napoleonic > Crimean War / ACW era > Franco-Prussian war era > WW1.

Rip in piece.

This is going to be made by Relic though, not Ensemble.

into the trash it goes, cant wait to play age of empires moba lite edition

RTS is the only genre I love and at the current state I take what I can get. However Relic in 2017 doesn't give me much hope.

First the Operation Genesis sequel, now this.
I have some deeply-buried hope that they might be good, but I'm not expecting much.

I wish we had a game that combined Sim City 4 with Civilization because of pictures.
It would be nice to really build your cities & nation over thousands of years.

I would combine the following games into one. Sim city 4 & Civ for the base concept,
universalis & Vic, and HOI 3:the black ice mod to flesh out the technology and historical events.

EU4 would enable envents from the years 1444 to 1821 AD, VIC would include the events that come after those dates, HOI3:BI would enable ww2.

hoi3wiki.com/BlackICE

I like the HOI3: Black ice mod because it added units like rail guns, SS miltia, and other units. I hate how generic the civilization series is when it comes to researching technology.

Like it would be interesting if you could negotiate banning Aircraft Carriers between nations,to enable the game to have a massive cold war of battleships.

FUCK MICROSHIT FOR KILLING ENSEMBLE

I can't help it, having liked Operation Genesis and most of the AoE series even III, so on some fundamental level I want the new games to be good.
It's not like i'm going to buy them on release

it was shit

Cartoony art styles just give away that an RTS game is going to be complete shit.

lol

it was phone game tier garbage, you have a city that you level up and then you battle shit

this

try to imagine every way that sjw's could fuck up the classic age of empires and that is exactly what is going to happen

Semi-correct. It was basically the home city system from AoE3 but a bit more. You had to unlock units and could unlock gear. When you went into a mission you would normally have to build a base, gather resources and advance through ages within that mission ie the usual AoE gameplay.

Then a few years later Microsoft released AoE castle siege which was a Clash of Clans clone.

AoE 3 was already shit though

you forgot about:
- timed resource gathering, can be sped up with microtransactions
- lockbox drops only unlockable with keys purchased with microtransactions
- Account Required
- Internet connection required at all times

Windows 10 exclusive and made by NuRelic. Dead on arrival even if it's somehow good.

Fuck you, I liked it.

That's ok, it wasn't a good game though.

It's been almost a decade since I last played the game, so I can't remember there being anything wrong with it, besides some balancing issues with the expansions, like how the asiatic nations "leveled up" differently from the vanilla ones, but I never played multiplayer so it didn't bother me. I also didn't have a problem with the card system, which I hear is the main complaint against the game.

Is there no end to this nightmare?

I want this to be good, but Microsoft being involved just destroys most of the hope I have for AoE 4.
Relic with it makes me think that it will be a reskinned Dawn of War 3 at best, or a Company of Heroes 2 jewing attempt at worst, selling you commanders or something. Either way, it will probably lose its identity as Age of Empires, and I swear that if there are any hero units in it I will fucking firebomb Microsoft and Relic.

The contract is sealed

There's nothing wrong with heroes, AoM did everything right.

So the revealing of AoE 4 has given us at least one thing to look forward to.

Plus hero units were also present in AoE 3(something I forgot about, and just now saw on the wiki).

They already did.

except the hero unit(explorer) wasnt crucial to combat, they were more for early game boost and were more or less useless late game aside from some abilities they get they by no means decided who won a game

I don't have a problem with hero units, after all I kinda liked Dawn of War 2, but in AoE I feel its more about war waged by common people, rather than an extraordinary individual leading them.

I never played 3, but are they available to produce in every match? The ones in 2 were only in campaign and editors, so I didn't have anything against them.

Explorers are a starting unit along with the initial villagers.

WHO CARES
Port to console when?

ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Explorer
You only get one at the beginning of the game, and it's mainly an over-powered scout that can build a few buildings like an extra town-center or a trading post. They do extremely low damage to Settlers and Villagers, again to make him more of a scout that can build, and less of a unit to harass the enemy.

Going by the last two AoE remakes they probably will keep the original feel intact. Most likely it'll be turned into a cash-cow with nobody playing it by the end of the month.
I wouldn't mind having heroes so long as they aren't wc3 with abilities and shit. Something like renaming units and giving them unique portrets, like the ones in Knights of Honor.

What are you referring to by "remakes"?

The HD and remastered edition. It's fucking 1 am now give me a break

Plus he has extremely low damage, less than that of the soldiers from the second era.

There have been HD remakes of the first two games.

Looks like a scout/sniper, with an ability to kill a single special unit, or upgrade it to kill a single unit, and not the "Press Q to delete armies" kind which were present in DoW 2 and 3. At least in DoW 2, you had to train the commander to turn it into the rape machine he can become.

That's the kind of shit I was talking about, having a commander being a base unit with better stats like the ones in the AoE 2 campaign is fine by me, and being able to name the units is always great.

With my knowledge how AoE III ended and new expansion to AoE II.
It will be just a little less cancerous than ME:A, but I will still avoid it as rainbow haired freaks.

Seems like Halo wasn't working out

It's dead Jim.

It'll be shit. Doubt anyone who made the original 2 are still there, and I can only imagine the amount of current year bullshit put into it. What eras are going to be in it?

What is it with M$ giving their projects to Sega's studios? Does this mean that M$ is going to have an exclusive Sonic or Yakuza game soon? Shadow the Hedgehog 2 is a good for for an Xbox exclusive

Best on whether it's a MOBA or mobileshit or both.

Just wanted to be sure of what you meant, bro. Pretty much nothing changed between AoE 2 and the HD Edition besides the graphics, so it seems to me rather odd to think it as a remake.

Anyway, keeping the feel in a remake/remaster isn't an issue, precisely because so little changes gameplay-wise. But it's way harder to create and balance a game from zero which feels like the previous ones, specially since none of the original developers are involved in the project. Unless they give up on adding any new gameplay features and just settle for permutations of what Ensemble did.

all of these independent video game consumers

And here I was giving people credit and thinking nobody fell for that shit OS.
Let me guess, Portuguese?

If they were smart they would base the fourth game's balance and gameplay on the already good foundation set by the previous games.

I would not be surprised if any in-game imbalances are resolved by either 1. making a new unit that promises to resolve the issue and releasing it as DLC or 2. continually pumping out overpowered DLC that gets nerfed after a few months.

Microsoft can't kill Sega, so it wouldn't be good enough to have an exclusive by them.

I was wondering what Relic's next game was going to be. Either they crash and burn and Sega lets them go or they learn from DoW III and make a game that RTS fans would like.

Aye.

Great, so they will make it just like AoE 3 but with ASSFAGGOT mechanics elements and no one will play it, just like AoE 3 again, making everyone stick to AoE 2 for another decade.

also this

It's a gonna be a stinky poo

At least we're not sub-human monkeys like Brazilians.

no bully

What? There's just the HD edition and the expansion. They still haven't reached Bethesda levels of re-releasing shit over and over.
AoM already has the extended edition anyway, and I don't trust modern devs to not fuck up a sequel.

These re-releases along with AoE4 are going to be win10 exclusive anyway.

If only you knew how bad things really were.
archive.is/SalUh

anf the best part is that they still have problems with the awful netcode,perfomance issues,pathfinding and overall AI problems,campaign missions that have triggers bugged. Also what the fuck is going to happen to all of the mods from the workshop?

i wont even acknowledge its existence, I just hope the open source engine for aoe2 gets completed

Oh. Oh Jesus.

I do not want AoM2. Ensemble is dead and I don't expect these sjws to produce a worthy sequel.

AoM extended edition is good for single player but online is completely broken. If MS can remaster it and provide stable online, that will be like AoE4 for me.

We're nearing that point though.
Not online, but in IRL conduct

>>>/zoo/

I read it had some fun coop maps

I was excited for a half second after seeing the title. Then I realized it was 2017 and it's just going to be awful garbage with no semblance to age of empires. I miss good video games.

I couldn't tell if these people were just normalfags, or if they were paid company shills. Then I realized that normalfags are just unpaid shills. They're basically walking advertisements.

I've played Orion Dino Horde coop and that was fun
Nothing of quality in that game though, you can have fun with anything if you're playing with other people in coop.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!
gearbox death when?!

Side note, I was paying attention to the only comment chain talking about Windows 10 exclusivity, which seems to have been memory hole'd. Here are my screencaps.

This is going to suck

thats one of the art pieces for asian dynasties

I actually fucking love that trailer. I know it's a cinematic but I liked the sense of scale that it gives, the scene with the Roman empire more specifically. It's either gonna be a WE WUZ KANGZ, or amazing. Because I sure fucking hope they know they have to work x2 harder to top AoE 2.

I miss when Relic was good. CoH2 and DoW3 are both so shitty. I have no hope for anything that comes out of that studio anymore.

For shame.

I swear half this board is comprised of illiterate faggots, the majority is shitting on Win 10

Looks like a rehash of AoE3

cards
also the warchiefs campaign is so bad I had to stop playing halfway through

AoE2HD with Holla Forums when?

I think it's just covering the periods the games have been set in? I doubt they showed the setting the game is suppose to be in.

People do not deserve to use phones for anything other than calling and tools. If you browse 8ch via mobile you deserve to fuck off. This entire industry must be purged.

The redos of AoE II and AoM tell me it's gonna suck horribly and be a retarded pandering bugprone mess. AoE4 is going to be cash-in pandering untalented garbage like RA3 was.

If you need more Age of Empires and haven't played Empire Earth or Rise of Nations yet, play those.

I'm pretty sure that after shitshow that was DoW3 most people responsible for gamedesign were purged.
I even bought it from key site for 20 bucks just to make sure Relic fucked up this hard.

Not like anyone here is interested in anything else but regurgitating stale memes and opinions.
I tried to convince people here to play a FREE beta for DoW3 just to have a more intellectual critique of its systems.
Instead people called me a "shill" and returned to spout MOBA MOBA MOBA when it was hardly the cause of many things that were wrong in it.
I suspect threads after release will not differ widely from this current state, making it hard to discuss its features just like CoH2/C&C3/RA3/WC3 were at release.

Remember Company of Heroes of 2 and Dawn of War 3? they'll fuck it up.

So what was the original thing they screwed up and what could be something 5 that they screw up?

DoW 2 was a garbage as well

Why release aoe4. I am legitimately confused

Also seeing the current year's trend, are you ready to see aoe become a moba?

Command & Conquer 5 obviously

This consural guy is on a crusade against normalfags and microshills. I am sure he'll end up here soon.

Feels bad man.

Ok this is probably the first game I'm fucking dreading
Usually very shit games I have no attachment to, like Mass Effects and Yooka Laylee
But I can just tell it's going to be full of WE WUZ KANGZ

So shitting up any DoW past 1 wasn't bad enough

Because "Muh Nostolgia" fags

be thankful we were spared the Homeworld sequel by them and got the Homeworld Prequel we deserved.

Man at first glance I thought that was a screen cap from Shogun 2

DoW2 was a well-designed game that played extremely smoothly. People just like to shit on it because it wasn't a direct copy of DoW1 (which I can understand)

God, I loved Empire Earth. 2 was meh, and 3 was awful though. If they came out with a graphically updated version with better AI and map generating abilities, I would never need another game again.

Relic is making it so theres reason to be hopeful

Respect for that guy, he's an hero. I cannot believe that microshills do it for free.

I'm interested user, what time?

What? user, there was no 4. The series ended at 3. I don't know what you're talking about.
shut up fag

user why

Because in AoM "hero" was just another unit category.

That's from the AoE 3 expansion though. The trailer seems to imply generically it'll be after the last one. I would be blown away if it didn't at least extend to 2000.

this, death to the phone cancer

It's ogre, lads. Don't even disgrace the name of the series by talking about this.

Just play Rise of Nations instead.

have mercy user, the less anyone knows about this digital piece of shit the better

Well OK maybe that's fine…
Fucking why?
The game really grew on me thanks to the expansions but this feels unnecessary
Bracing for MOBA garbage.

Microsoft is clearly going for maximum profits but they are just going to splinter the playerbase like crazy.

They try to mend the blunder of the initial release of DoW3 (though that's not saying much since it still features fundamental flaws), but holy shit if this game releases with a fucking moba map "kill the core" mode or "capture the points to kill player tickets" again I will fucking murder someone.

mobas are hip and cool right now so expect every new game to try and capitalize on that

Just imagine the retardation of such a setting within the frame of an AoE game:

Man, I got angry just envisioning this shit. Even if it is mediocre I pray for this game to not fall for moba memes.

I want to play AoE 4 after AoE 3 about as much as I want to play C&C 5 after C&C 4

AoE Definitive Edition is more exciting tbh

Don't forget that the hero will also be able to do things like superjump over enemy units or unleash shockwaves by swinging his blade. Also, instead of gibberish speech vaguely resembling actual language when you select a unit, they say some sardonic quip or a pop culture reference instead :^)

DoW 2 was garbage as a STR. Nobody argues that.
But the solo was a "skirmish" game if you go by fa/tg/uys names (squad based real time action rpg scripted thing), that did have a good entertainment value.
It's was a shit STR, but it wasn't a bad game.
Unlike CoH2 and DoW3

It was ok, but it was dissapointing that the battles were so small in scale compared to the previous game. Relic already had CoH for small scale combat, there was no good reason for them to essentially make CoH in the 40k setting when half the point of 40k is how over the top everything is.

But Rise of Nations is shit too?

This is why I stopped putting any effort into anything. Why spend my free time trying to expose things when people are this dumb? They don't deserve it.

Normalfags aren't passionate about shilling. At most theyll make an off hand remark about how your OS is old and leave it at that.
What you're complaining about are dedicated nerd fanboys who have nothing normal about them. Would you call NeoGaf normalfags? They're basically the same crowd.

Down voting on YouTube does nothing, numbnutts. It's just a pacifier. It used to do something, but they changed to make it more like Facebook. You're wasting your time for illusory contribution.
Once a comment has been voted up, there's nothing you can do about it. It's one of the reasons why dumb comments on YouTube have many votes even when a strong retort was posted on the same thread.

calling it now, only starts with a hand full of nations, constant stream of individual nations as DLC.

Well, that explains how they are handling the Xbox One.

So it will be a Moba that will sell less than 100k copies.

This is going to be so shitty people are going to look back at 3 and go "Actually that wasn't so bad…". It's made by fucking Relic, who just shat out DoW3 that came into the Steam store with no applause has just been a quiet continual fart for a months. They've given away 50% off vouchers already just to get player numbers up.

It's not bait. I've put a few hundred hours into RoN, and a few thousand into AoE. RoN has innovative mechanics but only one works well, the city. Attrition, Spies, infinite resources, the lack of focus on a chronological period makes RoN a dumbed down version of AoE. Macro is made stupidly easy, and micro is completely pointless.

If mods can do it for free, so can shills.

Did you ever play Rise of Legends?

Nope. Heard it was worse, plus >3 factions.

so do we actually know anything about this game or is this just another perpetually butthurt rtsfag

Looks fun, right?

I hope they balanced the game for 200 population

The UI seems a bit too big, but other than that looks like a prettier AoE 1. Are those 3D models or sprites? I really can't tell.

Dead on arrival.

Is that a KANG PHARAON or a KANG MOSES?

Its hopeless. Microsoft is evil, and they were just the publisher. The original studio is dead.

Nice shill job, Cysion. Fuck off.

Sprites. They just worked on rendering all 16 rotations (which has been possible since AoE 1 just it was almost exclusively for projectiles due to.. lazy artists I guess)

Endless Russian butthurt about CoH 2.

Considering it will be designed to work on gayman notebooks, I don't see why a virtual machine wouldn't play it just fine. Not that you'd want to, since it's going to be shit anyway.

Fucking what?

DoW2 had 2 times less than CoH at launch, CoH actually does decent medium/large scale.

Why didn't they announce THIS at e3 instead of that shitty HD version?

not how it works

This is true. The button literally does nothing. Google is ran by morons.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT, THIS IS BLASPHEMY.
The original one had a superb menu theme, and it didnt had to be scraped! YOU HAD ONE JOB, MICROSOFT.

Hear & compare. The original was cool, fitting for a game about warfare. Now its your average classical Jeremy Soule music Nº 5151491988582. Disgusting

AoE had a superb soundtrack, man, much better than AoE 2 imho.
This one was my favourite.

I might just be playing the contrarian here but at that stage an Africa expansions was probably the most interesting to do. All other continents and interesting nations had already been done.
I can't remember if the Asian expansion came before or after it though.

After.

This. Africa is most of the world's land mass and there was fucking tons of conflict over it. Granted HD's expansion did fuck all right to justify some of the tech tree choices, it's nice they at least tried to include half of the world's conflict outside of europe and asia.

To be fair Planet Coaster is a far better example for a Roller Coaster Tycoon equivalent.

Holy fuck, those sounds, all these memories rushing back all at once. Oh my god.

LMAO

Kill yourself. You have been glorifying that shit game for a long while, but it remains inferior no matter what you do.