Fire emblem

I'm planning on getting anew 2ds and i liked fire emblem on the ds. Which 3ds fire emblem would you guys recommend?

Echoes
Skip Awakening and Fates altogether, they're complete garbage

I can't recommend Fates or Awakening very much, maybe the remake they just put out was better. Some other user could throw their opinion out for that one.

Fates and awakening have a lot of waifufagging, if that's your thing and you're okay supporting fucking treehouse then go for it op
Echo has changed mechanics that I didn't like and the female mc was fucking awful but the game was still pretty good and didn't have all the waifufagging, not sure on the translation though

Echoes. 13/14 are shit save for parts of conquest.
Take note, Echoes is very much a non traditional FE. It's also easy as hell, going in a complete 180 from what the difficulties in the two prior games had.
Honestly though, I'd just recommend you get a snes emulator and get 4 and 5. 4 is also kind of off the rails of what the series usually gives you, but it feels a lot more standard.

I have terrible news for you OP
Awakening is a eugenics simulator
Fates is dlc for 2\3 of the story (though I understand the EU version has both main paths with dlc for just the final route)
Echoes is a remake of Gaiden for NES but… See below

Echoes got the 8-4 treatment
It too can be skipped in favor of the fan translation of FE Gaiden

it should be noted that you need to be really into waifufagging, and have terrible taste in waifus in general

That's the least of it's worries
I've played through and it seemed relatively un-pozzed. What was wrong with it?

All 3 parts of fates have terrible writing(in the original japanese one too) on top of an awful localization.

Conquest plays well if you're willing to ignore the plot, I'd definitely recommend echoes over it though.

This is so sad, I just played the ds version (Which I think was a remake as well?) But when I was checking out all the 3ds fire emblem titles I was like "Nice they have a lot of games for the 3ds, although I remember hearing about one or some not turning out well, better find out"
But they're mostly shit?
I mean the DS one has like a waifu you end up with if she doesn't die I think, how much worse is the 3ds stuff.

also localization bs, auugh wtf

Yea, just try some of the older ones. The DS games were alright, but they were kind of a step down, and it's especially noticeable because of it coming off the heels of the Tellius games.
Also given the way you type you need to lurk a lot more.
I'm declaring this a Fire Emblem thread. Post best lord.

The Gameboy Fire Emblem games were the best difficulty-wise. In that sense, they were very fair; however, Radiant Dawn was the absolute worst. I hated that game. I eventually stopped because I couldn't kill the Black Knight at that third to the last level. Shitty game. Don't know how or why I put up with the game until that part because I seriously hated every second of it.

Radiant Dawn is the only Fire Emblem I gave up on mid playthrough.

>playing mobage

Unpozzed perhaps but they made things needlessly silly. Especially apparent with an undub patch

I don't blame you. I also hated how they divvied up the teams

The only redeeming quality of the game, to be honest.

just get echoes
friendly reminder MATHILDA IS BEST GIRL

Sigurd didn't die for this.

You're going about this all wrong

I'm just asking for a lil' love. Even if it's a name drop or something.

Also they gave every character a fucking weapon in Awakening for whatever reason.

I've always wanted to try the GC and wii ones, this makes me a bit concerned about Radiant Dawn.

I have to disagree. Echoes is saved by one character alone, and that's Lukas. Pirate all the DLC, he's a fantastic character who only amounted to maybe two dialogue strings in the original game. The characters that are changed in the localization were characters just there for exposition (forced characters like Mae and Grey), nearly everyone you can pass up in the original game. No one really had a character at all in the original (you could take them at face value I guess), so if it bothers you that much the dub is actually good so enjoy it that way or learn japanese

If you won't/can't pirate get fates: conquest used though awakening and birthright are not as bad as people make it out to be. Just make sure to get it used so you don't directly support the localizations.

Fates: Conquest is a really good game with a mediocre story. Don't bother with the other two Fates games or Awakening, though, they have bad writing as well as awful maps.

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia has a pretty good story but the gameplay can be a little boring at times - overall, though, I like it a lot. The characters are all really interesting without being too tropey or stupidly written.

Fire emblem fates: conquest actually has good gameplay despite the shit story. Lunatic mode is probably the best "hardest" difficulty" the series has had in while. I'm not sure if the Japanese version had been fully translated but you can still play the (((localized))) version on an emulator. Like I said though if you're playing it it's just for the gameplay.

FE4 is boring garbage, user. Stop pretending that game is good.

Thracia is a solid game, though.

Radiant Dawn is a good game, but it has three issues off the top of my head.
The first is that the game's three difficulty modes were renamed with the English release. Easy Mode is actually the Japanese Normal mode, Normal Mode is Hard Mode, and Hard Mode is Maniac Mode. So for players who didn't know this, they usually picked Normal and ended up with a much harder game than they were expecting.
The second issue is that character availability is largely locked to the plot, which sees you in control of different parties after the first ten or so maps and keeps jumping around after that. As a result, when you do eventually get some of them back, they're usually underleveled. The worst example of this would be Tormod and Muarim, who show up too late into the first part of the game to see much use, then bugger off until one map before the five-map finale where your character choices persist from the first one to the last.
Third and finally, the plot can get pretty fucking dumb about halfway into the game, depending on how much you're willing to pick at it. It's full of heavy and sudden dramatic moments that could fall apart if the characters just talked things out.

SoV is the only good one. Awakening is half-passable. Don't get Fates
Or better yet, play the older Fire Emblems. Emulate them or something.

Opinions forever dismissed.

==YES! YES! YYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

There are no bad Fire Emblem games.

Since when is this a thing
Does it mean I can main lyn and masturbate while I play?

Not a fighting game, it's a warriors game, like Hyrule Warriors.

This buy conquest dont listen to the echos fags here.echos is casual garbage.

Don't listen to this fag either, pirate or bust.

I doubt Lyns even going to be in it at this rate, everything i've seen on it is Fates wanking.

Pirating works too but conquest is the only good fe on 3ds.

conquestfags are gay, go ltc thracia or something

It was confirmed awhile ago that it's only featuring Characters from Awakening, Fates, and the Archenea games.
Their reasoning for it ("We don't want too many sword users") bugs the shit out of me though, because they added in like four fucking sword using OCs. We all know it's because the other games aren't as popular, I just wish they'd be upfront about it instead of this obvious ruse.

Why does his chest look like a penis

Say what you will about RD, but doing a Swordmaster-only playthrough was pretty fucking fun until 2-F at least

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
THE MOST NOTABLE CHARACTERS ARE FROM THE GAMEBOY AND GAMECUBE GAMES! WHY THE FUCK DO THEY KEEP SHOVING THESE CHARACTERS FROM THE TWO WORST FIRE EMBLEM GAMES DOWN OUR THROATS! FUCK!

Echoes isn't casual garbage (though it is easier than Conquest).

Just don't use Mila's turnwheel and the difficulty climbs quite a bit higher.

I've noticed that people who don't like Fates (Conquest in particular) tend to be bad at Fates (or Fire Emblem in general).

Tbh this is the most accurate post in this thread. They're all good games, they just each have features that appeal to different players and consequently don't appeal to others.

The fan translation is almost 100% finished only lacking 2nd generation supports I think but it doesn't make a huge difference because the story is garbage anyway, especially Conquest's.

I thought Marth and Ike were confirmed as well

Birthright is garbage and piss easy, Revelations, while not as bad, is still a 5/10 at best, and Echoes/Gaiden is pretty mediocre too.

Because he cucked Sigurd to death, that's why. Never forget ;_;7

Marth was confirmed early on. Ike isn't getting in since he's from Tellius. I guaran-fucking-tee you he's DLC. This is Musou we're talking about.

It's not casual garbage, since you still need to think while playing sometimes (especially when taking out Jedah, fuck that), but it's really fucking easy. It's on the same level as FE8.

Birthright is better than Revelation, user. Revelation isn't enough of an increase in difficulty from Birthright to justify it being better. Even though I don't like BR a lot, at least some of the routs can be a little mentally stimulating. Revelation is boring, rejected gimmick after boring, rejected gimmick with only a few chapters that are actually any good.

Gaiden sucks but Echoes is a huge improvement on it. It isn't the best Fire Emblem game but it isn't mediocre, I don't think.

Have you played without using Turnwheel? The game gets harder without that, and obviously not grinding (but if you grind in Fire Emblem you're an idiot anyway).

I have tried. It's really not that much harder given that every map has the same goal. Only maps that gave me more trouble than usual were the swamp maps.
I've tried a no grind run, and yeah it's harder but it's also a lot less fun because the game actively encourages you to grind if you're having trouble. It's part of why it's seen as a very non traditional FE.

user, if the only reason the game is easy is because you're grinding like a casual the game isn't that easy to begin with. I'm not going to pretend Echoes is Thracia levels of hard but it isn't a joke if you don't grind much. (hell I went out of my way to avoid enemies in dungeons at all and had a good time).

I should elaborate, while it was harder, it wasn't significantly so. It's pretty easy if you allocate your resources properly. It wasn't really "a lot less fun" so much as I had been on a third consecutive playthrough and been getting burned out on it.

I do admit that, doing multiple consecutive runs of Echoes can be pretty annoying.

Pro-tip, Glade's hair is off color

Half the game is swamp maps, complete with wizards who spawn unlimited waves of shit-tier enemies to slog through. Playing Echoes just made me really want to go and play Path of Radiance again.

Celica a cute, though.

Dumping best lord

I never liked any of the lords at all.
They never appealed to me.

Pic related is the only character I genuinely liked.

Erk and Priscilla were also interesting.
Dragon loli is fine too.

Fuck all that shit.

GBA Emblem should be the start point for all.

Real talk… The roster for Warriors isn't so bad. I like GBA emblem so much but I don't mind Awakening/Fates majority..

But the game itself? The animations? The voice acting? The writing quality? The cutscenes? The art Style?

This looks like the lowest quality Musou to date. Like it was slapped together in one year. Even if I like the roster, fuck this game.

Have a Lilith for your troubles.

They better have a high quality Human Lilith model fuck

Horse Emblem is shit. Couldn't finish that trash.

I am 100% sure the Lords and maybe one or 2 units from other games will be DLC. They make DLC packs by Continent. Marth being the Only Archanea character and having his best weapon paywalled by being unlocked in DLC like it was done for CIA and friends on HW.

You aren't wrong though, cast aside it looks to be a shitshow through and through.

If you improved your play you could kill Cantors before their summons became an issue.

This is your brain on Fire Emblem, play Langrisser. I used to be like you all, a hopeless Fire Emblem addict, but then I took the Langrisser pill and my life has only gotten better since. If you play Langrisser, you will soon have more confidence and know how to strike up conversations with girls who will be impressed at your in-depth knowledge of the games. You will find yourself the center of attention at parties where people will gather round you to listen to you regale them with tales of Langrisser and it's in-depth mechanics, character customization and branching pathways. This will result in you earning a higher income and getting a better automobile. Just saying, is all.

I liked FE4 because it was completely different from the other games. It changed a lot of the core mechanics, but added a bloodline system which changed the second part of the game. The story was pretty good and nuanced as well. A lot of bad characters were good people manipulated by misinformation.

The downsides behind it was that the thief class was nerfed and that the maps took long to complete. If you screwed up, then you had to restart the chapter or it'll be tougher later on.

What I ideally want is a FE6+FE7 echoes with a bloodline mechanic.

That's a fucking amazing idea wow. Would buy would play would love.

Actually, the game lets you make multiple save states mid chapter, so you don't need to restart everything if you fuck up. Thief was never supposed to be a combat unit, it was nerfed in the sense that there's no doors or loot to steal, so it was pretty much just stealing gold, which is still important if you want that elite ring passed around like a bong.
This idea has been passed around a lot in the community, and I can't stress how much it wouldn't work without fucking over one half's story. Some characters and setting aside, the games really aren't that involved with each other.

No, just dodge conquest all together, and just go for echoes. Conquest or anything related to IF/fates ain't worth the salt.

What about Shining Force and Growlanser?

You get salty over being bad at it, yeah?

No chucklefuck, I'm salty by how much a pussy the MC is in conquest and nohr gets the short end of everything, how gamebreaking snipers are, and the fact the game falsely advertised that your choices have consequences.

Install CFW and pirate all the games.

Pretty much yeah. The only reason we're having this thread is because FE is still alive somehow.

It should always be assumed when discussing 3DS games that they're being pirated.

Why? Just say make the story as it was in the orinals and once you are done with Eliwood/Hector say: 20 years later. Maybe something like Myster of the Fire Emblem and have Roy's Story unlocked after you finish Eliwood's. Then some Extra Maps were you can use any unit form either side.

But user, Langrisser is still alive too :^)

Stop pushing your meme series, user. Langrisser is bad.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with you.

I actually managed to play this four times to completion. It needed a lot more streamlining to be playable.

It isn't even hard, though.

I JUST WANT TO PET MY WAIFUS BUT THE KIKES WONT LET ME