Anyone else happy to see gamepad users sweeping fighting games...

Anyone else happy to see gamepad users sweeping fighting games? I always knew fighting sticks were just an ego/placebo thing.

It's more of a niche thing, like some people just use the stick for the aesthetic.

personal preferences, don't think about it too much, i think sticks might be better for link based fighters but i've been using pad so long i don't wanna relearn anything

I have never seen a convincing argument about why one would be superior to the other.
not saying an argument dosnt exist, but I have not seen it

Keyboard is the ultimate controller.

You already have a gamepad if you have a console, or you have a keyboard if you have a PC. Both can do just as much damage without paying additional hundreds of dollars. For this reason I think sticks are inferior.

This is what I use even though I'm shilling gamepads.

The fact that there doesn't appear to be a quantifiable competitive advantage to be had using a memestick or hitbox over a gamepad, despite costing $150 more appears to be a convincing argument for gamepad superiority.

Did you get sexually abused by an arcade stick user or something?
I'm fine with gamepads, I got a couple of friends who play with gamepads and I can beat them with a cheap arcade stick.

"fighting games"
Melee, SFV, MvC Inf aren't fighting games.

Old PC controllers and Cheap keyboards are awful for trying to make fighting game inputs.
This really isn't a victory against Sticks, this is more a symptom of people not doing the equivalent of trying to rocket jump with a guitar hero controller

Don't forget NRShit. It's just QWOP with gore and capeshit tacked on.

Hitbox/Keyboard is probably the best once you get used to it
You can do crazy shit like SPDs in SFIV by inputting 4628P, or extremely easy Just Frame attacks in Tekken

I was sexually abused by an arcade stick.

They're arcade joysticks, you fucking idiot. People use them because they were the original control system for beat 'em ups. You deserve having your generation represented by psychotic trannies.

Fightsticks are objectively better for 90% of players, Pads just work better in SFV because of the input lag and the easier links.

Originally, fighting sticks were sold to people who were used to play in the arcade, and later on, to people nostalgic of arcades.
Nowadays, we have a new generation who never experienced arcades, so the fighting stick producers created the Whole meme: "only casuals use gamepads, if you want to be a PRO you need to buy a fighting stick" so this people believing this BS are getting jewed essentially, and keep buying their shit.

did they finally remove 360 moves from fighting games to appeal to casuals? if they didn't, it still justifies the use of an arcade stick because of the discrete inputs.

Nice (((Bokros))) do you have there!

I play on a cheap stick mostly because it's more comfortable on my hands, but the one objective advantage arcade sticks have advantage over pads is easier button holds. Characters like Zato/Eddie, Yuzuriha etc. can't really be played to their full potential on pad because of their big emphasis on holding/releasing/sliding basically any attack button. There shouldn't be any other big differences unless your pad has a shitty dpad (X360 controller), you plan on visiting Japanese arcades at some point in time or you're playing a kusoge with lots of 1f links and plinking.

One isn't superior to the other, they're equals. People use one or the other because that's what they feel more comfortable using
Niggers or japs are more prone to using stick, because they grew up in the arcades
Most other people use pad because they play fighters at home

1. Circular motions are easier with a joystick.
2. Buttons are still pressed on gamepad by "clawing" with your index and middle fingers.
3. Shitty bait thread

Fight sticks are always a placebo

Some guy won a Street Fighter tournament with a fucking ps1 controller

I still can't do a shoryuken on a gamepad. What am I doing wrong?

get better dexterity
If I can do it reliably on a keyboard then you have no excuse

It's a legitmately good input device for Fighting games, just takes some practice. It took me roughly the same amount of time to get good with a keyboard as it did with a fightstick.

it varies from person to person. whichever one suits the player best

I wish these shitty bait threads were a bannable offense

Pads are better for games like Injustice or SFV because these games were made with a controller in mind, that's the only reason why you see pad players suddenly doing incredibly good in tournaments. Also OP probably hasn't used a Fighstick once in his life and also probably has never even played a fighting game. I don't even know why I reply to this trash thread.

I really like using a fightstick for arcade games. You can't convince me to play Bosconian with something else.

Why did so many american arcade machines have shitty happ parts?

If you don't mind turning your left thumb into burger by rolling all the skin off it, sure.

There was a pad player in Evo 2017's top 8 for Marvel 3.

Not playing games the way they were meant to be played.

Stay pleb Holla Forums

Objectively button mashers are shit.

That's because fight sticks are like fingerboxes, except normalfags actually fell for it and convinced themselves they do anything.

Which keys do you assign attack buttons to? I struggle to find a comfortable layout.

am I the only person who prefers playing fightans with keyboards?

a hitbox meme is easier to meme on.

???

it's almost like newer players didn't grow up playing in arcades

Practically speaking, an arcade stick gives you better access to the face buttons which allows for better piano motions amongst other things, and the stick gives you the ability to use your entire arm or wrist for motions instead of just your thumb, which lends to better speed, accuracy, and control.

In practice, people are better with what they're more experienced with. Arcades are dead so a lot of fresh blood in the FGC isn't already used to using an arcade stick.

You can see the practicality-vs-experience at best with the HitBox or Keyboard. They're arguably the best control methods for fighting games, but almost no one uses them seriously because it requires dedication to get used to the method.

This is extremely vague. How do you define "sweeping?" You haven't bought into the esports meme (((SFV))) has been pushing, have you?

Whatever you say.

Well let's look at something like blaz blue or guilty hear. Gamepad is even better for those games. SNK games? Gamepad better.

Controllers are for console plebfags that were such incommunicative autists they couldn't even step a toe into an arcade.

Plus fightan games made for consoles hold these faggot's hands by giving them extra buttons that are actually just combining two button presses, or even worse macros for specials.

Git gud controllerfags.

luffy won evo because he was playing Rose and nobody knew how to fight against her at the time, he got exposed later on. Surprisingly he's even worse in SF5 which is strange because its an easier game for controller players.

In terms of longevity of your hand's joint health I would think an arcade stick would be better for you. I know after a long session of fighting games with a gamepad my left thumb is typically pretty sore where as after a session with an arcade stick I'm relatively pain free. The wrist is much larger and stronger joint and can take years of abuse better than the thumb. I know a lot of massage therapists that have "bad thumbs" due to years of having to forcefully press into people's backs.

All the best players in the world use a fight stick for those games, how exactly is a controller better?

Stick has more travel

Arcade sticks = 8-way. Fightan games are designed around this scheme: up, up-right, right, down-right, down, down-left, left, up-left.

Console controllers started off as 4-way. Then progressed to analog bullshit. They are and always have been inferior to arcade sticks for fightans.

I dunno man. I've played fighters on keyboard and it feels superior.
I slap directional buttons on WASD and the rest of the buttons on GTHYJU, maybe some on Q and E depending on the fighter.

The other buttons act normally like a gamepad or fightstick would, but WASD is MUCH faster than a gamepad or fightstick.

I'm a filthy casual in Guilty Gear and I kick other players ass when I pick up the keyboard and they use a gamepad.
I'm perfectly aware throught the entire match about how much I suck and yet I still win.
I can jump, mask the special input and land on the last button perfectly timed to pull of a special or Overdrive.
Can't do it on a gamepad, at least not fast enough.

You can press buttons without moving your fingers, particularly without having to use the same finger to press multiple buttons in succession. This allows for sharper timing, if your spinal cord is thick enough.

I'm not sure what you mean?

He implies that because of greater leverage, you'd be slower to flick a happ stick than thumb stick. Which is of course bullshit, fingers are the slowest moving appendages in human body.

I played on keyboard for a while back in the day because I played a lot of fighting games on mame and never had a controller or stick to use at time.

I prefer using my keyboard, but my preference for heavy characters hinders my skill, I cannot rely on 360s much less 720s, so I need to rely on the other moves. Any tips to pull of 360s with keyboard? Or is it simply git gud?

Open notepad.
Write "DWAS"
How long did it take you?
Press Enter and do it again.
Do it 50 times.
How long does it take you now?
Press Enter.
Repeat another 50 times.

I honestly don't know what to say.

umm that dude just lost badly using the keyboard. lol.

[citation fucking needed]

Everyone on Holla Forums should kill themselves whenever they try to discuss fighters or fight sticks. Because you all are a bunch of niggers.