Fuck Politics

There used to be a time when video games and video game communities could be an escape from politics.

What changed, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

runningwithscissors.com/?p=3046
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vidya became the politics

This video is from 2013

It started making enough money for kikes to kike it.

/thread

responsibilities, man.

Like it or not the current culture war will boil over into just about everything thanks to the internet. Leftists will tirelessly try to pozz everything up no matter how innocuous and normal it was beforehand.

SUPER CONDENSED ANSWER.
Kikes pulled the leash a little too tightly and the white man yelped in pain, so he pulled the leash back and made the like miss a step, causing many more leashes to be accidentally pulled.
The kikes of today aren't as secretive and subtly anti-white as the ones of yesteryear.

Then it all went down.
That's the history!
Have some pussy.

This video is from 2007.

I'm not sure what either of these videos prove.

Christ that pussy is beautiful please post more.

Video games were never not profitable.

There were people who were full-grown adults before the inception of the internet and participated in video game communities, you can't seriously be implying that the age of the average video game community user today has affected the prevalence of politics discussion.

Outsiders. Neocons, feminists, soccer moms. People that don't play video games that just started playing video games because they were popular, then got bored with them and started bringing in non-vidya ideas.

Good discussion guys, lots of good arguments here.

I gotchya fam, a smooth high quality pussy is on the way.

The moment vidya truly went mainstream arguably 2000 with muh dvd player the ps2, it was only a matter of time before it was viewed as an untapped propaganda outlet to be subverted in the same way (((Movies))) and (((Television))) were.

It changed when cultural marxism infiltrated the vidya and vidya review industries to the point where it could no longer be ignored. Of course it didn't happen overnight, it's been getting worse since the early to mid 2000's, but GG shone the light on just how bad it had gotten (and one only needs to look at comics and such to see how bad a hobby can get once cultural marxism completely takes over). This time around it seems they pushed the wrong people a little too hard a little too soon. I personally find it quite funny how they still bitch and moan about GG. Considering that shit was 3 years ago now it goes to show how effective it was in the long run (and I feel that it also had a non-insignificant positive impact on the recent election).

I do wish I could go back to just playing vidya without worrying about this shit, but this is the new normal it seems.

I just wanted to play video games, but I get this shoved in my face.

Yes, I'm fully aware I can turn the splatverse feature off and never see any of this again, but I'm always hopeful that I'll actually see something interesting (and I have seen some nice art in the past)

Whatever happened to not listening to mainstream reviewers and enjoying things for their own merit, for your own reasons, of your own accord and purely for entertainment purposes without any political involvement?

I don't wanna fuck that cat.

Internet

Doesn't have anything to do with reviewers. Reviewers aren't the ones shoehorning propaganda into vidya to push radical egalitarianism.

Politics is just present day history

I don't know what you're talking about and I don't want to know.

You're free to have your viewpoint, and there's nothing I can do to prevent you from incessantly forcing it down other peoples throats. I have no argument.

I do, however, remember a time when people like you were an extreme minority and most people just wanted to talk about video games.

Cause ignoring the problem allowed the problem to fester. Too late to go back now. We didn't say no to Xbox paid online, didn't say no to greenlight, didn't say no to day 1 patches, didn't say no to kikestarter and now we are stuck with politics cause we didn't say no to the con Anita and let her build a stable foundation instead of fighting her off like Thomson.

You do understand that we have IDs here, right? You literally just complained about radical egalitarianism being, and I quote, "shoved in your face" not 10 minutes ago:

Stop taking the fucking bait then you fucking newfag. Seriously you little shits bitch about politics 24/7 in your video games yet all you have to do is not play the game. Its pretty fucking easy and there is a thousands of backlogs of games to play without the shit stain of politics
No, you don't have to ignore it just
DON'T TAKE THE GOD DAMN BAIT

I remember that time too, but then some people deeply involved with the games we used to discuss started pushing things that did not belong in video games. Now a natural reaction occurs and rejection of those ideas, propaganda and politics out of the video games

u mad?

Shit I didn't even notice that. I had my suspicions about OP stirring shit though. And I had a whole post typed out.. no point feeding OP now though.

And there's nothing you can do about any of that, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

I'm not saying there's no room for being politically active regarding video games, I'm asking quite simply why the only two choices are "be politically active" or "don't play video games"?

Surely there is an option where I can just enjoy a video game community about VIDEO GAMES and JUST VIDEO GAMES with no politics. Surely there is a way for maybe political and apolotical discussion to be segregated, for example keeping politics in threads ABOUT politics?

I don't know what it is and I don't want to know, and I don't want to talk about it.

Yes but people get entirely too overzealous.

There are video games that have no political involvement or alignment that become enshrouded in political discussions because political people can't NOT see politics.

We can't discuss SONIC the MOTHERFUCKING HEDGEHOG without politics showing up, and that game barely has a story at all much less a political view to share.

That's easy, OP. You see, (political group I don't like) came in and started trying to co-opt video games for their own nefarious purposes. Therefore, in order to expel politics from video games, you must join (political group I like). If you don't, (political group I don't like) will destroy video games forever!

On Holla Forums:
Meanwhile, also on Holla Forums:
Never change

Fuck off retard.

I don't like it!

I'm pretty sure I'm literally the only person on Holla Forums right now that is tired of politics.

Good one, but the meme's a bit stale, I don't think it has the same punch as it used to

We may not all be the same person, but we have the same parentage.

Oh no, you aren't the only one. Sadly, so long as there are shitters that want to remove or reorient the small bit of influence that a place of discussion has, there will probably never be a place free of political horseshit. They will always find a way to act like a shit without repercussion, and bitch when they get slapped.

It's gotten into everything. I never really followed the GG shit but its pretty ridiculous when a bunch of non-gamers came in and started telling everyone what to think, if anything it's just going to piss people off that didn't even care about that shit and they are going to act out against it. That's why I don't even bother with most new games. Look at the two most over-hyped SJW games in the past year, Andromeda and Horizon Zero Dawn; they both sucked and the only reason people jizzed over them was because they had a message. Actually come to think of it, it all started with AssCreed and that stupid opening message of "This game is made by a team of all faiths, creeds and races" bullshit. Seriously, who gives a fuck? Most people at the birth of gaming and the boom were just people that wanted to push the limits of what they could do in video games; they were also a lot of D&D nerds. Now that we've reached somewhat of an apex as far as graphics go, it's just the same formulaic shit being poured out time after time. The same happened with movies, some of the best movies were made in 1940-50s and now we have this soulless shit with the same cookie cutter stories and interracial transexual or strong women characters. The same goes for comics and how they have been raped by movies as well as having to have an "inclusive" image. The problem they don't realize that it excludes the actual fans of those forms of entertainment, and the ones that bitch about it the loudest are the ones that don't even buy that shit. It comes down to making money, and how out of touch these people are with their fanbases; they know most people are fucking idiots and will eat up the same trash again and again. Paint a turd any color, and swat the flies, it's still a fucking turd. When you have Scarface mountains of cash and cocaine, you don't give a shit about the people that actually buy the game, you take it for granted, and try to find another target group. It's really sad that in the west you can be attacked for having an opinion or have to change a game or part of a story because some fucking retard with thin skin gets their feelings hurt. These are the same people that shit up every medium they can get their hands on. They need to stop arbitrarily putting shit into these games; take Shadowman, you play as a nigger and it didn't have to have a political message because he fit into the story and world of the game. Again, all these hyped games aimed at new demographics sell like shit, play like shit and there is nothing new or innovative. It really says something when a 30 year old gamer like myself goes back to play old games because they are actually enjoyable and I don't have to have a bunch of progressive propaganda shoved down my throat. Seriously, a black female Nazi. What the fuck is that shit? What we need is another Postal 2 or a new Duke Nukem type of game/character that shits all over these types of games just for the sake of shitting on it and pissing off these people for ruining one of the most promising and THE most complex form of entertainment.

That's your excuse?

OP's responses are Tay-tier, either completely unrelated or just tangentially related to the posts he responds to, like a simple chat "AI". I can't tell if he's schizophrenic, using google translate, shitposting and farming (You)s, or a chat bot.

you have the opposite of reddit spacing. Make some fucking paragraphs.

Don't think it's a bot, but there's definitely something off about his posts.

Excuse for what?
I made a post and in the span of one minute I received two exact same responses

Holla Forums is one person, the hivemind had been intensifying for years now, gamergate and all the shit after only made it worse.
No wrongthink is allowed.

you can ignore politics, but politics will never ignore you

Really? Because politics seems pretty intent on not letting me ignore it.

Because it is a medium with a lot of men in it and men need to know why they are awful, awful people and everything they like is bad rape apologia everywhere at all times, they can't have spaces for them because they might forget about how their gender is responsible for everything bad that has ever happened ever, and it is also a good place for women (and their beta faggot enablers.) to make some money by telling these men how bad enjoying some video games are (the ones with attractive women in them doing something other than whining.) or dictating what video game developers can and can't make.

It isn't like this shit could possibly blow back on them at some point.

It's rich reading that on the board where many would slobber a dev's cock for being edgy or conservative. Likewise, many "boycott" a politically neutral game because of a liberal tweet made by an artist on the team four years ago. Bunch of these fucks love politics in their game, but only when it's on their side.
As for why gaming has changed like this, it's quite difficult to pin it on one thing. Fools will spout 2007, kikes, or some other boogeyman as a single factor in leading to it, but that would be far simpler than the actual case. It could be attributed to an attempt to make games more "mature". It could be the shift in American media's focus onto more political topics ever since 9/11 and the coverage two wars combined with terrorist fear-mongering demanded. It could be because an increasingly politicized world stemming from the ease of sharing one's voice and opinions, particularly if you're well-versed in technology. Some may see their games as an extension of that online voice.
In any case, I don't want to sound like some shit-eating weeaboo, but you can largely avoid this shit if you just play Japanese games for the most part except some localized by Treehouse. There are still Western titles that will lack any politics, so just enjoy those.

You can't play your game just because you glanced at some shitty user-created art? Grow a spine, faggot. That is literally out of the devs hands as to what gets created, as it should be. Be thankful they even gave you the option, but that's not enough for you, so you had to piss and shit your way over here.

But I would agree that this board's got quite the problem. I don't know if it's Donny's election fueling Holla Forums's autism which is the only board on this site where the halfchan one is better or what.

You say no by not paying for it, but people paid for it.
So many people said no that it ended.
Inevitable, cannot be stopped as it is purely a result of the advancement of technology combined with the pressure of deadlines.
You mean the platform that literally operates on people voting yes or no with their cash? Kickstarter is a non-issue.
People did say no to Anita. This issue is bigger than her and she is not nearly as relevant as she once was partly because we said no.

These niggas got it.

Human politics is an unnecessary entity

I have never fully understood the "reddit spacing" meme.

It brings my heart joy to know that RWS still updates Postal 2.

runningwithscissors.com/?p=3046

I'm not archiving it, it's fucking RWS.

(((Commies))) moved in on vidya, just like they did on Hollywood and television, and every other form of media.

Holy shit I didn't know that. Thanks! I'll have to load it up again and see what's new.

That's just a big peach and not her tits right?

woooooow

Yeah it's had a few pretty big updates in the past couple of years and a lot of bugfixes. Steam workshop support has given it a little bit of life, but it's a pretty dead community.

GIGA MILK

If you are looking for ways to change it, there is only one solution solution and it is pretty simple. The progressive left has declared all things to be inherently political, not just vidya. So long as they exist, all things will be political. Only solution is to eradicate the left completely. In order to conquer the politicization of life itself, you have to get political to combat that politicization. There's no changing it, unless you are willing to bring about the end of politics itself, which would be to end democracy/representative government. I doubt very much the personal politics of whatever families take power would have much influence on the life of the masses at that point.

Complaining about politicization does nothing towards any goal, and only makes people feel weary. wooow urself faget

Wew. I don't disagree that they are the cause, but come on.

Yeah well neither does 99% of any bitching or real conversation that's had here, I fail to see your point.

I suggest not bringing politics of any kind into threads where the OP does not mention them.

Too many times have I seen a good thread go to shit because people couldn't keep their personal viewpoints to themselves.

That doesn't change how many threads we have where the OP does explicitly mention politics when there is no need, especially because we are a video games board and not a politics board.

Yeah, but gamergate.

It brought politics in here and it never left. It nestled itself in nicely and it's here to stay.

What about gamergate? They have their shitty little generals, and if anything they should be the politics containment thread we need.

All I said is that the politicization of life itself is the product of democracy facilitating the progressive left. Removing the progressive left, either physically or by removing their ability to influence the course of a nation through ending democracy itself, are really the only actual solutions you have. History is the story of nearly endless leftward drift, ended only by the collapse of democracies/republics.

It's not a matter of personal politics, it is a matter of simple cause and effect. The left will always politicize. They always have and always will. You don't have to be a right-winger to understand that or to see that this is an inevitable part of the nature of the left.

I agree, but why did you make a thread about politics OP?

And that shitshow will probably stay until the battle is conclusively won for one side or the other. One side is fighting to politicize everything, and the other side just wants to be left alone and have nice things but can't.

I agree.

Because I'm sad and mad. Can't discuss video games any more without politics showing up, so I posted this dumb thread.

I certainly feel you, and I think most people do. It's not just vidya. Its music, guns, anime, even shit like cars. Its tiresome stuff, but the entire strategy that the politicizers are using is based on your becoming so tired and beaten down that you give up. You have to not allow yourself to succumb to these feelings, and be fueled by you love for your hobby and a hatred of those who would destroy it. If you don't, they will win. It is a simple fact of 21st century democracy now that everything is political, and like I said above, the only way to end this is to settle the score conclusively. Then we can hopefully all go back to playing vidya again.

but I want to play and talk about video games nnnoooowwwwwww

To be completely honest politics is a lot more fun than video games these days. The fun of video games comes from the struggle and victory.

With politics the struggle is real and the stakes are far higher, it's vastly more entertaining.

Don't underestimate the effect their presence has already had, containments leak, and unlike quarantines their occupants don't die.

Video games are for fags

You're not a faggot are you boy?

Destiny has called to a greater task at the moment, user. Why slay dragons in vidya when you can slay them in real life?

Also, this.

You really are a faggot aren't you?

Welp time to get my rope

You're a fag.

no u

Women. They seriously ruin everything

Because it makes money and sadly like every other industry, the videogame industry has become geared to profit above all else. It doesn't matter what the message is, it doesn't matter if its coherent or the stories of 'political' videogames are well written.

Politically charged videogames create controversy, they practically generate their own PR. Whether you discuss the game because you hate it, or because you like it, its all exposure in the eyes of publishing houses.

I'd argue that 'political' videogames aren't inherently bad, Kojima has admitted time and time again that his Metal Gear saga was to do with political conspiracy, and most of the Metal Gear games have decently composed stories. The original Deus Ex is also an interesting example. If videogames want to be political, I'd feel that people would be much more inclined to either not care about them as much or hold them in a slightly higher regard if the stories were well composed and somewhat coherent, instead of being preachy and presenting some vague, poorly thought out message.

Tits would be separate all the way up to her chest. It's a peach.

How the fuck would it be her tits?