MAME 0.185 ROM packs

Don't know how many people here remember, but a while back I made a MAME romset for 0.170 that had nothing but working games and no BS games. I keep a home thread for it on /vr/ since it's a slow board, but I figured I should make a thread here with the news.

The romset has been updated to 0.185, and the CHD-using game pack has finally been uploaded. Everything is set to work with MAME 0.185 or any frontend based off of that version. ROMs aren't divided up by genre anymore, people complained about having to download 5-10 packs per era. Now it's just divided by eras, and there will be an Everything pack as well for those that don't want to bother downloading 5 files. Thread on /vr/ is here:

8ch.net/vr/res/4689.html

Download links here:

CHD pack: Password is CHD
mega.nz/#!YBExyRxb!XAz6wbZtnTr_YS_YM-xgtIvaDZJpWHcQGIeCFrrJGHM

Missing and Update pack: Password is STUFF
mega.nz/#!MFERkBxY!mWodZ-_uXu4VwOjbtCGF196cnGnmYfypXorJp5hDR90

19XX-1985 pack: Password is 19XX1985
mega.nz/#!kJ8nGBSI!oE88Cmss7Xl3dM-3Lm9ZHdLmOH6roSS522ikV090_jM

1986-1990 pack: Password is 19861990
mega.nz/#!FMtwmZpK!ls69pM8TsSSdax9wVdGtjF8dU5jO8_fa3c611KpZwhA

1991-1995 pack: Password is 19911995
mega.nz/#!pdkHjBLK!EVYULKNqX8ZhTelF18AcI0tnrvoQV-gmneu_1zoRfBE

1996-2000 pack: Password is 19962000
mega.nz/#!QY9kACpJ!5arq2XrnCeNYtfL6FiA-lCIh1om78Rb7v5zlp8LQhFo

2001-XXXX pack: Password is 2001XXXX
mega.nz/#!dBdGwayI!Br3jLMBtIh0G1QE3VaLOjsJcuRv2lLfiQwU07ngq8uU

Gonna be getting around to Model 2, Model 3(Supermodel), and other assorted arcade romsets soon. So, who wants to talk arcade games?

You've got a nice collection OP; Thanks for sharing. I love arcade games, especially ones that have creative controls.
I hope to own a a cabinet someday, hopefully a Viewlix or an Astro City.

They're not.

That's a great collection. I hope you remembered Circus, this time.

That was you, OP?
Damn, that was a long time ago. Thanks for the uploads.

Any of you play 1000 Miglia? I tried it out since it was at the top of the alphabetical listing, and found a pretty solid top-down racer with nice art and fantastic controls (honestly, the car swivels around on a dime and you always feel in control.
Pictures don't really do it justice. You really need to play the game for yourself to get the feeling of speed.

Also, has the MAME community figured out how to accurately mimic machine slowdown for stuff like CAVE shooters?
I got Mushihimesama running at consistent 60 FPS when it really shouldn't be.

Thanks for taking the time to upload your collection user.

CHD = Coronary Heart Disease?

Compressed Hunks of Data

Just wanted to chime in and say you're doing god's work, OP

Extract the entire folder at once.

I don't suppose anyone has an idea about light gun emulation? It would be a shame to lose games like Time Crisis 1, which had an inferior, lower framerate/res console port and is otherwise forgotten.

Is it possible to have shit just work with gamepads or will I always have to manually figure out gamepad setup with each game I try.

You can set defaults for different type of controls. I don't know if you can do it through mane's UI, but there should be a config file somewhere.

All I know is that there are light gun alternatives for LCD screens, that work similar to Wiimotes. But I never looked into them.

This thread should be a sticky. Just pick a random game from this collection, and you are almost guaranteed to have more fun than you would have with any AAA game from the last ten years.

Nice collection OP. Everyone here probably knows, but if the 5 GB limit is bothersome switching out your IP address will reset it.

You could be playing Moon Patrol, right now. Why are you not playing Moon Patrol?

Any fun coop stuff that non gamers would enjoy like metal slug or something?

Why are ROMs mame version dependent?

fucking normalfag lmao

Bumping. this is some good shit, OP.

Do these ROMs work on the latest version of MAME, 0.189?

The latest release version is 0.188b. And this set works with it.

Years ago I tried using a wiimote as a mouse pointer device and it worked rather well. Use Knex or Lego Technic to build a gun around the wiimote.

Impressive. Very nice.

Or, just use something like this.