Sequel to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis announced

Made by the Planet Coaster guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

stanwinstonschool.com/blog/jurassic-park-iii-spinosaurus-animatronic#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another boring shit i am not interested in.

Fuck you, I was hoping for a sequel to the SEGA game. This is all your fault OP.

There was already a sequel to that. Check out Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition.

Oh, turns out it wasn't very good though. Maybe it's just nostalgia from being a literal toddler then.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE DO NOT FUCK THIS UP

EAT MY ASS NIGGERS THIS SHITTY DECADE IS ALREADY BETTER THAN THE LAST SHITTY ONE

MESSAGE FROM DR GRANT

PC version better have as good of a odding community as JP:OG did. There just has to be a JP overhall mod that changes all the faggot shit looking JW logos, buildings and vehicles into the 90's aesthetic perfection of JP. Remove the dumb hamster balls and give me ack those puke green and red jeeps, give me that giant wooden park gate and that sexy JP logo.

Get rid of that retarded OC dinosaur as well. That better not be in the game.

That re-brand kills me.

all the videogames of movies are garbage user.

Wrong!

OP stop being a faggot and dont embed to jewtube

I loved operation genesis so much. I was playing a mod that came out for it just a week or so ago and playing the hell out of it.
I am so excited for this game dude.

Wrong, eat shit faggot

I just hope Frontier delivers, Planet Coaster was pretty good even if not on the level of RCT.

Since this is Microsoft and Universal it will probably have some kikery, but I just hope the final product is good.

wew

It's not gameplay footage it's just some trailer garbage. Seeing as how this is a tycoon game though the animations aren't going to be be outstanding but still acceptable probably.

I liked Operation Genesis, maybe this will be-

The real question is are they going to have more hybrids than just indominus?

god I fucking hope not
the entire concept of "hybrids" is fucking retarded, and tramples all over the series' more grounded science fiction roots
and indominus is just a literal mary sue on the same level as that one SCP lizard the entire site jerks off

but user ALL the dinosaurs in JP were hybrids because the dinos were mixed with frog DNA.

Checkmate nigga

Who cares as long as its fun

People who think the T-rex had feathers can go to hell. The only ones found with feathers are dromeosaurs!

I didnt know dinosaurs were 99% head when they hatched.

the amphibian DNA is meant to be a gap filler for the holes in the dinosaur's genetic samples discovered
amphibians themselves are close to the base of the vertebrate family tree making them an easy fit, and as far as Jurassic Park as a series is concerned, the only real mutation that caused was the ability to change sex in a single sex environment for the sake of breeding

oh trust me, I have my quarrels with that, but I can already see the faggots in the thread rolling their eyes at me bringing it up
besides, I can respect Jurassic Park as a consistent fiction, and sticking to it, but Crichton's novel, and the film adaptation are meant to be very grounded science fiction, despite some glaring issues here and there

that's an outright lie my friend, tyrannosauroids in particular have shown some major discoveries in feathered theropods

T-rex is literally confirmed to have scales with several specimen skin graphs as proof.
Some dinosaurs had feathers but I want featherfags to go home they're wrong on T-rex.

What mod?

I am just filled with dread. No matter how much I lower my expectations I am going to be disappointed. I loved Operation Genesis, so I can't help but to try this game and end up being disappointed.

Yutyrannus is an excellent example of a large scale tyrannosaur being covered in feathers
another smaller tyrannosauroid with feathers, for example would be Dilong
you mean the Wyrex skin samples the size of stamps scattered around a 40 foot animal?
coelurosaurs were feathered, thats simply a fact
I can argue that feathers go WAY back in dinosaurs, but thats not really important here
whats important is that there's a clear precedent for integument within that branch of theropods and tyrannosaurus falls within that
that isn't to say those skin samples aren't important, but they don't close any book on potential integument, and even if they did indicate that the animal was completely featherless its very clear that it was the exception, not the rule, most likely due to it's massive size

The dinosaurs in Jurassic Park aren't even proper dinosaurs, they're hybrids of the DNA of a single dino species and frogs. Also, the T-Rex was likely a scavenger, not a predator, and the raptors were the size of dogs and looked like chicken with teeth.

This looks like a trailer for one of those shitty "freemium" mobile games.

It's called Ingen 2. It has a few hybrids like Parasonychus in it which is parasaurolophus and deinonychus together.

This shit changes every few years, what is it now?

Like the fact that DNA of a dino cant survive for humans to clone?

Scavenger

Last I heard they said the T-Rex was primarily a scavenger. Apparently it's not really fast enough to chase down most prey, it's too big to sneak around and the tiny hands are more a detriment ot a hunter than any sort of advantage.

Jack Horner please stop. We have plenty of fossils of dinosaurs being attacked by T-rexes and living from it. Now tell me again why scavengers would attack prey?

This isn't too particular relevant to the "argument" but there was a big announcement of a guy who found Dilophosaurus with feathers and it was a big deal because it was a jurassic therapod.
Turns out it just died on a fern though and the guy who found it was a dumb ass.

Actually it's just 3, very tiny, skin impressions on a forty foot long animal and the scifi magazines went full sensationalist and completely ignored what the paper they were using as a source even said. That the recent skin impression could have been both scales and feathers. Even if the T-Rex was scaled the scales the T-Rex would have would be the kind you'd find on an ostrich not a crocodile. So it'd look like mottled skin or a featherless chicken.

Depends on the T-Rex's life cycle the iconic adult form's hunting habits would be different from it's younger forms.

Shit, man, ever seen hyenas or vultures attack other animals? In fact, vultures are so huge to scare actual predators away from the prey they caught.

One that is really REALLY hungry?

This shit gets debunked and rebunked so much I don't care anymore. Giant lizard superpredator is cooler and has just as much backing as giant fluffy vulture does.

Do they happen to look like a flying battleship?

It's probably a mix of the two, like with bears and omnivorous diet, where they survive by mixing both behaviors in different amounts, so one year a T Rex would mostly eat shit that's already dead while another year a T Rex would murder its dinner most nights.

All Apex hunters scavenge for food if they can, they simply don't have the means to sustain a full diet on just hunting. They use their intimidating and stronger physique to scare them away and steal the kill.

You can't predict behaviours with fossils anyway
Its hard enough with living animals
Shits dumb

On one hand, I can already smell the p2w bullshit yes, even for a SP game, already forgotten Dead Space 3
On the other hand, remembering the maximum comfy of OG, shut up and take my money if you avoid that bullshit and offer a GOTY/Complete edition when the inevitable DLC-milking is over

One of the largest land carnivores to ever exist. You're telling me that that thing had a metabolism for that kind of lifestyle? That doesn't make any sense mate. Especially the ridiculous growth spurt it has in it's teens.
Also too many different remains with "battle wounds" for it to be just a rare occurrence in my opinion. Another thing to point out is the bite force. Why would something only needing to eat dead things need something adapted to kill living things? I don't doubt that it ate carcasses it found but saying it fed on them exclusively is very very difficult for me to believe. Plus Jack Horner is the one who first started saying that shit and I'd have to check outside if he said the sky was blue.

I dont see this pulling single player microtransactions, only a few AAA companies have been ballsy enough to pull that shit. I fully expect denuvo though

please don't spread dumb misinformation like that
Tyrannosaurus was an incredibly powerful animal with a body specifically adapted for running, derived tyrannosaurs are more physically adapted for running than almost any other theropod, with the exception of ornithomimids
as an adult they were naturally slower, but they weren't clumsy, and they certainly weren't slow,
on top of that, the big game the adults would be hunting weren't exactly speedy themselves, so there was a clear trade in for power when it came to hunting as the animal matured

thats fine and dandy with the dilophosaurus, but there are feathered ornithischians like Kulindadromeus that really cement how far back the integument goes

I prefer the first one.

looks like trash

It's like you never read the fucking book.

it's a jurassic world game

They are both the same damn song.

Someone needs to remake Dino Park Tycoon in a modern engine with 3d models.

The GBA park building game was pretty baller tbh. Great music and more animals than JPOG.

We will just need to wait and see.

Nerd!

This is some IGN/Gamespot/Gamefaqs forums kind of retarded, kill yourself.

Literal Retard

God I hope they don't make it too much like World. That movie was complete shit.

I liked Jurassic World. I don't take muh dinos very seriously, I just sit back and enjoy the ride. Also beats the hell out of watching a black girl kick a Raptor out of a window using gymnastics.

Stopped reading right there

They are all hybrids. In the original movie it's just frog DNA used to fill in the blanks, but in the book and World they outright say they use anything, resulting in Frankenstein monsters that they hope that ends up looking like actual dinosaurs.

"turn your brain off" kind of movies can be acceptable sometimes, but not for a continuation of a Michael Crichton novel adapted to film
going from a focus on characters and their interactions along with a look into unpredictable animal behavior and the failed attempts of prideful people trying to control nature with world-building technobabble sprinkled in, to a story about gruff mcman and his ice queen love interest trying to stop a literal super villain on a killing spree, with explosions generously sprinkled in is a bit too much of a change
I will say that scene from the second movie is absolutely cringe-worthy, and I love that film

I was mostly referring to the first film rather than the book
the frog DNA serves a scientific purpose and sets up how "life found a way"
in world its an excuse to give the antagonist borderline superpowers
psychotic raptors, spitting dilophosaurs, and chameleonic carnotaurus are fine, and while its clear some of those are supposed to represent genetic fuckery, another point of those things is to show how much we wouldn't be able to predict about an animal we've never even seen before

Use non-lethal counter measures
There better be a lethal option if your desperate to contain the dinosaur, with the obvious downside of losing major time and resources to create a replacement.

A theme of when does a situation escalate for non-lethal vs lethal use would have been a good idea for JW, but no the only dinos (both raptors) killed by humans so far in the franchise are from gymnastics and a rocket launcher while being distracted.

Until the message, "coming to PC, PS4, X1" appeared at the end I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the technician throwing the tablet computer at the T.rex to distract it, may be a subtle take that?

I'm heard a theory somewhere that the reason he even proposed the scavenger T-rex theory, was so that other paleontologists would actually do research and evidence to prove that it is a predator, instead of just saying saying claims without evidence to back it up.

I swear I've seen this exact trailer before in a bunch of other mobshit games

I can't remember if he said that himself, but I've heard that before, and honestly it feels more like an attempt to save face
Horner had been pushing the idea for a long ass time, and supported documentaries about his ideas on such, even ones where it was JUST his ideas on it, hell, the entire reason Jurassic Park 3 turned out the way it did was because of him pushing that idea, he didn't really drop it until other experts had just completely slammed him on the subject
the feeling I got from it is that he wanted the spotlight on him for "challenging the norm" and just couldn't admit defeat
I will say the hate he gets in some of the shallower paleo communities is absolutely undeserved though, especially by autistic tyrannosaur fanboys who took the hypothesis as a personal fucking attack on them
the man is a VERY knowledgeable expert, and has discovered more than a couple of tyrannosaurus fossils in particular among other things

Dinosaurs would fucking suffocate in our atmosphere. It was 30% O2 when they lived; that’s how they got so big and why insects of the time had wingspans up to 3 feet. There’s literally nothing that could have been done.

no they wouldn't
the potential size limit for arthropods is determined by oxygen levels because of how their respiratory system works, vertebrate lungs aren't so constrained, on top of that the highly oxygenated earth dominated by giant arthropods was all the way back in the carboniferous period, a good 350 million or so years ago, LONG before even the ancestors of dinosaurs were showing up
the Mesozoic period was more similar to modern day O2 percentages, and actually starts out with LOWER percentages of oxygen, recovering from a brutal extinction before rising as time went on
on top of that dinosaurs had already perfected the art of respiration, at least in theropods, having already evolved the VERY productive avian style respiratory system pretty early on

You have no idea how happy i am.

Kill yourself.

Why was this game so fucking good?

The second book was more action than the first one but fucking hell did it have some funky ideas. The camo-raptors were pants-shittingly scary to my ten-year-old self.

no webm, no watch.

Wrong.

Chronicles of Riddick.

This.

Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. There is no fucking dino DNA. Period. Unless we discover an alien vault on Pluto it ain't happening.

Inbefore muh Bible says the earth is 5000 years old.

Go home McAfee, you're tired. What's next? A giant space bird with some kinda anti-matter force field?

Hence why we don’t see brachiosaurs until the late Jurassic, numbnuts.

nice rebuttal, but dinosaurs still wouldn't suffocate in today's oxygen levels
you'd literally HAVE to be talking about the largest of sauropods for the idea to hold any weight, and even then that's a stretch
the percentages weren't nearly different enough to be that important, and an advanced respiratory system combined with just how adaptive lungs are in the first place certainly helps things out
at worst larger species would be labored for a little while before adapting to the environment

WE WUZ KONGS.

Are you serious or is this a meme?

King kang was actually a good game

i liked how Hammond tried to get sponsors for his company by bringing a tiny cat seized hyper aggressive elephant that constantly smelled like piss to investor meetings

its being made by the people who made planet coaster and if that's anything to go by it should have a pretty big modding community
the thing im speculating is that there will be some kind of "make your own dinosaur" thing where you either mix two dinos and see the results or just flat out create your dino in some kind of tool or something since it has "evolution" in the title

F

OH GEE HOW ABOUT THAT KILL YOURSELF

you seemed to have ignored the rest of what I said but okay buddy

It's an amazing game

-Well designed levels
-Environmental hazards like fire before shit like FarCry 2 started advertising it
-Ties in well enough with the movie but does its own thing
-No HUD so its pretty immersive
-Great art design that really sets the mood
-Great A.I behaviour
-Survival horror elements
-Cinematic gameplay done right
-Kong sections give it a nice rest from the Brody sections and are pretty fun even if they are just a casual Beat em Up game killing that last Venassaurus and seeing Kong roar and beat his chest as epic music and a close up happens is satisfying as shit
-Great music that really sets the mood
-Great Easter Eggs, especially that alternate ending where you can pilot a plane and save Kong
-Nice physics

Peter Jackson you madman

All I want is a Warpath sequel where I can beat up other dinos as a dino and level up my character.

I actually thought the King Kong game was great,

Technically, JPOG wasn't even a very good sim game due to the lack of variety, but the excellent AI and atmosphere really made that game. The simple modability also fixed the variety issue. I hope this game will retain what made JPOG good, though I have little hope in the atmosphere because JW was utter shit, and it looks like the music and T-rex roar were watered down. They should reuse the Sydney Orchestra score from JPOG, that was the most excellent video game score in existence.

Damn, I forgot how good King Kong was. I wish the Brody levels were longer and had more guns though. I also don't like the lack of machette. Nevertheless, the combat was extremely satisfying. Fighting the mutants in Metro and STALKER was absolutely fucking lame compared to King Kong, all the guns have impressive kick here.

>still believe (((Dinosaurs))) existed.
Don't you have some Christ picture to piss on kike?

I'm interested, but Planet Coaster was more of a designing game than it is a management one. Not to say the designing isn't fun, but Planet Coaster was seriously lacking in management.

So was JPOG, but who cares, it's a game about being comfy anyway.

i want to play a jurassic park sim where you play as individual park staff from an fps perspective

like fps space station 13 jurassic park operation genesis hybrid game edition

FUCKIN
FINALLY

Oh my god the fucking wood gate gives me the biggest damn boner, and those jeeps are iconic, they had better have a option to use those

Why does that sounds like a touhou theme?

The story I'm heard about this game's development

The main problem is that he is smart in a lot of things but just goes full retard, refuting basic evidence, when it comes to Rex.

That, and basic study of the rex's head and body structure show that when it bit something it didn't let go and anything bit wasn't sliced as much as it was crushed outright.

The spinosaur was big, yeah, but it was incomplete and thus jumping to conclusions is the thing most people do, and then we find something new out and the people who jump to conclusions look like dumbasses.

It was a dinosaur filling in the ecological niche that crocodiles and alligators fill, evolving shorter, webbed feet, a long ,fish spearing snout, and growing the large sail to prevent hypothermia while waiting in the water. On land, it most likely moved like a pangolin and was somewhat unwieldly.

Jurassic park was all about bio weapons and genetic horrors hidden under the splendor of "ooh, look, dinosaurs!" but no dinosaurs existed in any of the films or books. JP3 had a few pieces of dialogue from the book, namely Grant mentioning that the only dinosaurs are dead and buried in the ground and he has no idea what these "things" are that Hammond created. JP3 also touched on the aspect of bio weapons, but was too scared to go all the way and mention that the "spinosaurus" was created and programmed as a human extermination machine.

The original aspect of JP4 before it became "world" was to show what this bio weapon focus was; Jurassic Park was just the sparkly front to a bio weapons R&D division, but instead of making "special dinosaurs" like the indominous, they were making super soldier hybrids like pics related.

I think the revised Spinosaurus is cooler than the previous views of it, where it was basically "bigger T-Rex with cool sail" as in JP3. It's more unique now.

Do you think Spinosaurus could have evolved into a whale-like creature?

Peter Jacksob and Michel Ancel should definitely colaborate again

I disagree

Had there not been an extinction event? Possibly, although with it being somewhat restricted to rivers and lakes, I find it unlikely unless it had access to an ocean.

user, you are crushing my heart, JP spinno looked so cool and was the best this as a dino crazed kid.

The spinosaurus might have actually had a hump instead of a sail too

Stop bullying him

Mhmm. Keep it up.

I'm talking about the gunplay and physics. In King Kong, the shotgun has excellent stopping power. The physics in STALKER and Metro are non-existent, you can't blow mutants away with the shotgun.

The reason why the T-Rex lose in Jurassic Park 3 was because the hydraulic on the puppet was broken. It was the last scene filmed and they didn't expect the Spinosaur to win. The T-rex's frame couldn't withstand Spinosaur's weight, hence it broke, and they had to change the script.

Good to know

Spooky, I wish the nips were the ones making hybrids instead

That is true, enemy reaction was top tier
Fucking hell, all animations themselves were top tier.

First time that I'd want VR support for a park sim. Just imagine what you would do in the raptor enclosure with a minigun because raptors are 3dpd tier whores

Spinosaurus lived (what became) North Africa. In that same environmental niche lived two other GIANT predators. Carcharodontosaurus 2nd largest land predator (if Spinosaurus really is the largest).
Sarcosuchus a 12 meter long crocodile (obviously living in the water).
So how did these all survive alongside each other? Spinosaurus probably had an adaptive semi-aquatic life style in the presence of these two other massive predators, and could possibly be compared to the predator style of a bear by eating from land and rivers.

In any extinction event, the bigger animals (that require more food) die off first while smaller ones survive espically when sudden environmental changes occur (which hit North Africa at the time) Smaller related versions from the Spinosarus family would be more likely to survive and evolve to probably fill the crocodile/alligator niche first if those weren't already better at surviving compared to dinosaurs. Then from their maybe they would evolve into a dinosaur equivalent of a seal?

Here's the source. Skip to 12:53. There was going to be a final battle between T-rex and Spino, but Rex's animatronic neck was ripped and they had to end it there.

And from the website.

stanwinstonschool.com/blog/jurassic-park-iii-spinosaurus-animatronic#

I get that, and it makes perfect sense within the canon of the books to eventually reach that conclusion
but the first two movies make it a point to focus on the splendor and majesty of animals we've never seen, and how attempting to control them was a foolish, naive thing to convince yourself capable of, much less of a scaly Frankenstein tale
the original film has been described as a "love letter to paleontology" and for the time it absolutely was, it did for the public what the discovery of deinonychus did to paleontology
the problem is that by the 3rd movie the tone was changed, and World ended up completely shitting on everything the original movie set up
Raptors were no longer psychotic, frighteningly intelligent animals, they were dangerous anti-heroes we're supposed to empathize with by the end
Tyrannosaurus was no longer a chaotic force of nature that you hoped didn't notice you, it was a noble, intelligent hero that attempts to set right was has been set wrong
any animal death shown in the first film is caused by another animal for the sake of predation, meanwhile world has a military team mowing down pterosaurs and blowing up raptors
World felt like a Jurassic Park fan gushing hype over a fan-fiction instead of making a worthy successor to the most well known dinosaur franchise of all time

well its partially not true, Spinosaurus and Sarcosuchus did both live in africa during the Cretaceous, but they weren't actually contemporary with eachother within the period.
That being said the Kem Kem formation did apparently support a metric shitton of large carnivores regardless, and Spinosaurus' massive size was probably due to a mostly aquatic lifestyle, and a very exploitable niche that wasn't chock full of competition like the more terrestrial theropods were dealing with

World becomes a much better movie when you think of it like a parody of Jurassic Park. You literally have the t-rex being a hero with raptors riding on its back. It's clearly not intended to be viewed with even a hint of seriousness, unlike the first film, whose goal was to make you believe that what you were watching was real.

People who haven't studied ecology think that the biggest, baddest predator that comes to mind is something that eats anything that moves. They think of massive predators like the ones you just named and think that inevitably there must be some clash of the titans, and we have nothing in nature to suggest that such a thing ever happened other than a fight over territory or resources. The most likely thing is that they stayed out of each others' way and generally ate certain prey species the others didn't. That's how things usually evolve, they establish their own ecological niche. One giant apex predator challenging another would have been a rarity, there would simply be far too much risk involved for both creatures and is something that would generally only occur as a result of desperation.

Jurassic World is basically what would happen if Timbox was allowed to direct a movie. It's basically deviantart tier.

I think the The Lost World was the only good sequel, because it kept the naturalism/safari feel of the first one. The thrid one was basically a scyfy channel movie on a bigger budget

Off topic, but why are prosauropods so underrated? They're everything that a dinosaur needs to be without any bells or whistles or gimmicks; the thinking man's dinosaur. Then there's silesaurids which are like deconstructions of dinosaurs: they are the signified without a signifier. And last, there's nu dinosaurs, third pic related

Triceratops isn't real. It's just a baby torosaurus.

LIST YOUR TOP TYCOON GAMES

Best description of JW I've ever read.

JP3 was how Crichton would imagine a Jurassic Park movie would be like. Dark, cold, dirty, and violent. I think it was a great jungle adventure film, I love how the jungle was very dense and dangerous to traverse through, they wanted a horror rather than theme park feel to it.

They're heavy and clunky despite their relatively small size due to the primitive hip bones. They would be easy meat.

Like cuckoldry?

1. JPOG
2. Zoo Tycoo 2
3. Sim City 3000

Don't care about the rest, I don't really care about tycoons.

Nope, fuck that shit.

No, like how Bubsy is the thinking man's Sonic

I think TLW did it better with it being filmed in dank mossy NorCal redwood forests. JP3 seemed to have fewer memorable characters

Zoo Tycoon 1
Sim City 3000
Banished