Why do people keep using steam?

Why do people keep using steam?

Monopoly.

sauce nigga

They're not poor.

because their friends use it

help me out i want to bust a nut to kojima

Steam games are cheaper than console games though. You meant to say, they want to get fucked the least hardest.

Getting fucked the least hardest would be piracy and getting anything you actually want to buy off of third-party key selling sites for even lower prices or snagging stuff off GoG if it's over there.

Do you have any alternative suggestions?

A bald man.

And a fit girl

Electricity is too good for hipsters.

It's still a Steam key, friend.

Yeah, if.

Current popularity, convenience, social network aspects like steam being literally a reskinned facebook with bideo games attract normalfags, and normalfags make up most gamers.

GOG.

Throw in my hat for GOG. Its cheaper a lot of the time and I'm not helping a bad company.

I don' t know man. Sorry.

So It's only for the online?

Arrgh, were ar me maties at?!

Fuck them and fuck everyone recommending them.

still drm free

Don't know. Physical copies were the best shit.

and then they turned into some disk with a steam launcher and a steam key inside, fuck this gay earth

Just started using GoG. They seem very anti-DRM, which is good.

great for pirating

People still care about Hatred? jej

Fast, convenient, cheap.
No reason not to use it.
If I absolutely don't want to buy some particular game, but absolutely want to play it - I still torrent, but every time am reminded just how much of a pain in the ass pirating is.

how is pirating a pain in the ass?

Old games that aren't reddit's top 10 ultimately fall off the radar, meaning you need to burn storage. Also there's issues whenever games require patches, or get updated late after release. Not to mention multiplayer being often broken unless you mess with tunngle.

The pirate's life is free and rewarding, but in the end even Francis Drake chose to fuck the Queen of England over some vixen bum.

They gifted me a couple of games
I'm not gonna stop using it to play fighting games online just because you fags don't like it.

Gig is just using the pirated versions anyway

The goyim exist to serve

EVEN KEK EXISTS TO SERVE THE JEWS :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh fuck

Because it's convenient. The minute it because an inconvenience only the die hard steam fags will use it.

(jew'd)

This ^

So you can play Rocket League on your Steam PC

Fuck off Baphomet, it will be your turn to get back into the void once we are done with your buddy Moloch.

No idea
Quit playing videogames, its for the best

t. Holla Forums

God damn it, and on Eclipse day, too.

>

Yeah it's shit, but you can't avoid it.

Because nobody releases on GOG.

Steam isn't THAT bad if you put your profile on private.

Because you can only play your games through steam. The more you shop there the more you're invested in their system. You can't just stop using it, because they keep all your games on their cloud. They've got consumers by the balls. Even if you start pirating you've still got those 30+ games on steam that you've invested however much money in. If you wanna play them it's still way easier to just install them off of steam. Uninstalling Steam is like just throwing everything you've bought from them away.

People who ask questions like this have to be brain dead or severely autistic.

It's convenient.

because they made an account and bought some games on it years ago so getting rid of it is inconvenient at this point, also many users are unaware that if it went to shit (which it won't anytime soon) they would lose their games

But that only got mixed reviews.

I'd expect them all to be negative without online multiplayer. What garbage.

Because once upon a time, steam was good, and the service it provided was the best of its time. Now that everyone has sunk some amount of money into it, its more or less keeping up with their investment, even if the service is shit.
A person that spends $2000 or so into a service that gives them some kind of benefit in return isn't going to up and walk away from that service until it becomes fully irredeemable beyond the point of no return.
also its convenient I guess

except they won't since if valve ever went bankrupt they would release a patch to allow you to play your games.

I remember this, it was annoying as fuck since i had dial-up but after you got high speed internet it was actually more convenient. I used to remember searching the internet for patches and shit and steam did it for me.

I also met some friends on steam and had good time playing hl2 deathmatch and some other games.

I do remember, and it was fucking bullshit.

Convenience, like everyone else is saying. Also, anyone know who this bitch is?

Because I have about $4000 worth of vidya and I've paid for maybe $30 of it with money I actually made at work.
Also all my PC disks are in a CD book somewhere and I can't find it

I totally get games that aren't on steam though.

Most of you shit on steam just to be autistic and shill GOG.

i'm not a huge fan of gog either, but at least you can play backups from them until the end of time.
i wish more store fronts would attempt to be competitive. jewbundle has an ok drm free selection as does itchio but they're pretty lacking for big name games.
the biggest deterrent for me using steam is that i have to launch the client, update the client and update the game any time i want to play something. valve makes it really easy to hate them anyway.

I run steam all the time in the background, it updates on its own. I only ever turn it off if im trying to save ram for some reason but i have 24gb.

You know a problem I've run into recently with steam is there's some conflict with the Steam Client Service that prevents the Bootstrapper process from actually connecting to the steam network in the first place. It's rather annoying.

My only complaint with steam is they changed how you find friends, it used to be you played with a guy and it would show you last person you played with, but now you have to search through the 5000 people who have the same name as your friend.
that and there is no way to make it so the games don't fucking auto update all the time in bulk because every update takes 10fucking gb out of my dwindling hard drive and i dont even play no more than 1-2 games out of 300

i have 8 years worth of getting jewed in the boipussy purchases, i'm in too deep to get out.

GOG is good because it doesn't have telemetry once you play offline.

I don't give a shit about privacy but data is a goldmine. Valve doesn't deserve that. And neither does this shitty industry.

Inertia.
It's at least what keeps me there.

Eat an uncircumcised dick, JewSatan.

Why do people keep replying to bait threads with clickbait pics/weebms?

You tell me

just to suffer

as an IM service.
do not have many games on it tho.
steam; nuct

Sunk cost fallacy

At least for me anyway

source on that webm

Oh and this might blow some people's minds and they won't know what to do with themselves after learning this

THERE ARE DRM FREE GAMES ON STEAM, CRAZY, ISN'T IT?

nice meme

Yeah but I haven't had a desktop in over 5 years. I'm all mobile, and console haha. Yes I know I suck lol

Well actually minor correction, SteamDRM is opt out for developers on steam, but since it's free well, most people opt in.
I think, and I could be wrong on this, Kero Blaster Cave Story + and the flash version of Binding of Isaac are opt out of steam drm. But that might have changed with the eternal update for BoI

Its not like I don't support non Steam shit, but devs and publishers are fucking retarded and Steam got popular when the platform was seeing a period of decline due to resistance to kikery and a normalfag flood.
Like it or not, digital is cheaper to distribute and thanks to it we got games I never though would be possible and as long as I can keep them in my HDD, DRM free, I'm good.
Fucking thing is a goddamn placebo anyway and I crack all the shit I buy.

Also, fuck DVDs/Blurays, give me a fucking storage unit thats not a pain to use and doesn't need a shitty player to use.
Fucking Switch already fixed this on the console side.

Fixed how? Those tiny cards? Please.

Whats your problem with them?
Did you disike the taste?

They're fucking tiny cards. You don't want tiny storage units.

Got your back, fam.

At least they're not fragile as fuck and fuckhuge discs.

Discs are the perfect size. Not big enough to be a nuissance, not small enough to get easily lost. Their only problem is durability.

Thats not how Kojimas pussy looks like.

Valve's games aren't even that good, so I don't know why you'd want 33% of every sale going to those SJW cucks.

At least when you buy a Ninty or Sony console, your money is going to actual videogame developers.

Yeah, I should just fund progressive cinematic experiences instead. Retard.

Team Japan's games are great, fuck off.

Without them, we wouldn't haveā€¦

What cherrypicking? That's the overwhelming majority of Sony titles. When was the last time Team Japan made anything of their own? That garbage pretend platformer for Vita with the brown girl, which is the only reason anyone cares?

>

I pirate most games that I play single player. I buy games I want to play with people multiplayer.

I have a large steam friends list collected from groups of nerds I've met online. Sometimes they launch games I'm interested in playing. My internet is fast enough to download it and jump in a game with them before they move on to something else.

It's handy.

Go back to NEOGAF

Maybe you should
SWITCH
To another website.

>

Took you long enough to
SWITCH
IDs. Nintendies can eat my ass too.

because I'm a huge fucking faggot

Nintendo can eat shit too. They haven't had a good game for even longer than sony.

Just aa bad as your ilk
>>>/NeoFag/

i came here to post this, and the entire thread was literally full of it. thanks user.

all games have bitcoin miners in them

Checked

Mr. Gabe can I please have gameplay in my games and flash sales back?

Making some shit games along with some good games is still better than nogaems (Valve) or casual faggy games (Nintendo).

Sony is the best we have right now. It would be SEGA, except they shot themselves in the foot one too many times.

Nope, Dark1 shits the bed halfway through, Dark2 is unpolished and poorly designed garbage, and Dark3 has the shittiest gameplay and bosses of all in the series. It takes the helping hand of Team Japan to make FROM's games not suck ass tbh.