Dragon's Dogma

I got the itch to replay this and actually beat it this time but was wondering how modding is doing. Specifically I recall anons talking about mods that tweak hard mode, stat gains and make Warrior not shit. Anyone know what the state of things is?

Dragon's Dogma thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/378/
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/260/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/378/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Despite having burned hundreds of hours across 3 builds, part of me wants to goy and get the PS4 port even though the only thing it has over the PS3 version is better performance. On the other hand, my overall disdain for Capcom and the fact that I should accept my time with the game is done and be kept away as a pleasant memory keeps the idea at bay.
Shame the game never got a proper sequel but looking at nu-Capcom, it's probably a blessing in disguise.

WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS

I played a good bunch of it back in 2013 and honestly the best part of it were the harder secondary boss fights. Other than that it was repetitive as fuck, with lots of pointless walking and AWFUL writing.

Why? It's not like the game isn't easy as fuck as-is. There's zero circumstances where you require autistically min-maxed stats, and two of the easiest classes to play all the way through the game with (MA and MK) have awful stat growth that is entirely irrelevant.

The warrior is shit because he has zero ranged options and is locked to 3 skill slots, not because there's anything wrong with the stat growth.

You could pick it up for $12 on steam right now, and it'll still look and run better than the nogamestation version, assuming your PC was upper-mid range ~5 years ago.

It was 80s JRPG tier

Or you could pick it up for free from IGG

Obviously, but that user is clearly a buyfag.

I'm so white that last riot I went in and bought a TV set. :^)

So much for maymay magic

People are busy modding the superior Skyrim

The stat growth mods I saw back when the game released only tweaked MA and MK stats to be a bit more offensive. The other classes were essentially unchanged. The Warrior mod I was referring to enabled you to use 6 skills like the other classes, not buff stats or anything of the like. But this was so long ago that I don't know if they were worth using at all.

I'm mostly interested in a mod that makes hard mode actually hard. I don't know if such a thing exists.

I didn't really care about the writing (even though it was fucking awful and the whole game felt like a weird drug trip) but the world was as bland as it gets. Here's me hoping that MHW won't be shit so there's finally a good Monster Hunter game on PC that's not emulated.

They're already on par with the good classes with their shitty stat growth. The mods you're referring to typically give them Sorc stat growth which is disgustingly overpowered for how good those two base classes are. If you wanted to go MA or MK, just go for it. I assure you that assuming you're even remotely competent, and have a properly made pawn backing you up (this is important), you won't have any problem tearing through the entire game.

For a meme difficulty mod, consider nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/378/

Judging by the artbook, they considered making things a lot more unique and colorful (don't have it handy but the Cassardi women had very eye-catching costumes) at some point but went with a very conservative art direction. Didn't like it all that much at first but seeing the enemies in motion changed my mind. Stuff like the chimera and hydra are incredibly well animated.
Though if you mean the actual world of Gransys, yeah, that has shit all to see. I don't remember any interesting set pieces or props outside of Bitterblack Isle. The unchanging weather doesn't help.

Gotta admit those short weapon clips got me interested but the actual gameplay seemed awful with that typical borderline oppressive hand-holding you see in most modern AAA games.
And it's nu-Capcom so you know they're gonna find a way to make a potentially great game unappealing.

Fair enough. I did look at that mod, but it looks a bit too memey, yeah.

The MH team has pretty much always worked independently from the rest of Capcom.

I agree, the bossfights really are the highlight but after some time you're fighting the same monster over and over again and it really gets stale fast. But yeah I mainly meant the world.

Those E3 trailers are always shit and are only made to appeal to casualfags, there's some gameplay available that's actual gameplay and not just showing off gimmicky bullshit and that looks pretty good. Video related, starts at 18:50. As on Capcom, I agree but Monster Hunter is the only series that Capcom hasn't ruined (so far) so I'm hoping for the best.

Does anyone know how to fix the terrible frame rate in the PC port? An i7-2600k overclocked to 4.3GHz and an R9 280X should not be struggling to break 45fps like it is for me.

Killing death was such a pain in the bollocks especially compared to Daimon.
Some zones in bitterblack are fucking retarded, looking at you eliminators and possessed armor.
Strider is most fun class.

You clearly have some sort of driver issue, because I'm running at a solid, unwavering 60 fps on a 6 year old CPU and a GTX 960.

Either you're underleveled, or you are too spam happy with your attacks. Death goes down right quick with arrows, and if you are feeling extra cheesy then stack conqueror's periapts and blast arrows to stunlock him until he goes down.

Same thing goes for eliminators. Their only annoying attack is their charge which, if it hits you, is guaranteed to kill you unless you can nearly break your left stick to get out of it.

I've been through half a dozen drivers by now, nothing changes.

Sounds like some kind of AMD fuckery. I was able to maintain a solid 60 everywhere except one particular camera angle in the Market which dipped to 45ish with my old as fuck 670 and 3570k.

Maybe it's because your pawn is too absurdly expensive to anyone playing. You even just said it took you a month to get to 200; not everyone grinds like that. If they're not friends with you, the cost of hiring an upper level pawn starts increasing exponentially.

I didn't say he was hard his ability to insta kill my stupid fucking pawns is annoying,his ability to peace out is annoying and I swear his lantern had no hitbox so I had to slowly take him down over the course of several runs through bitterblack.
Nothing in that game is shard once you can farm wakestones in the everfall.

Maybe people should start grinding to hire my pawn. It only took one whole month.

They're making a big deal out of MHW so I figure the corporate meddling will be much bigger. They're fucked if they poison this cashcow.

I hate how they're half immune to magic and then half immune to melee. Big fuck you to non-hybrid solo runs.

And the stupid assholes just sit there like deer with headlights pointed at them as the guy scores a triple kill.

On my first run through the isles all my pawns got wiped in the sewers in the room before the chamber with the armor boss fight, at that point I was committed to continuing on ahead as I felt strong and wanted the bonus exp, you can imagine how pissed I was when I got half way through the fight and found out I had been cucked.

She is really cute

IIRC the only thing a magic build can do in the first phase are the Tremor and Bolide spells but good luck casting that with no backup while dealing with their constant aoe spell spam; a melee build can spend about 5h whittling phase 2 down with a elemental weapon.

Side note, I phrased it wrong before, it's "one half immune to magic and a second half immune to melee". Fuck those things.

Speaking of solo woes, the mimics are another contender for scumbag enemy of the year. You either have pawns overly eager to open chests or you're getting chewed on for at least half your HP.

You're never getting those 50,000G back, Arisen.

That looks like it was inspired from the old Metal Slug concept sketches of Rumi.

how did the online game do? does it still have its gameplay or did it turn out like WoW xDD and skyrim online :—D LMAO edition

Fixed

Some more enlightened anons might provide the sordid details but all I know is that it went terribly. It's apparently a tedious grindfest where you can't even dream of tackling large creatures without roid raging on levels first. Capcom had shit loads of plans for DLC, including expanding the map but like deep down it seems to have all gone the way of the dodo.
I was at first extremely disappointed to know the game was JP exclusive but seems we dodged a bullet there.
Some of the new monster designs are pretty nice though.

because the only way to reliably get good RC is to have your pawn hired and used for a while and not have them immediately killed by Death or petrification. And you only get RC amounts like this when you play the game at release date ASAP. So if you want good RC… for the upcoming PS4 version… play as soon as you're able to.
Remember: be a bro and reload your save if a hired pawn kills itself/got Deathed.

We had a Holla Forums group going for a bit, it went a bit under after they started locking to Japan IP.
The game is pretty interesting but the gameplay fucking sucks thanks to the grappling mechanics. Every time you face a big monster,like cyclop, you have to climb up and struggle him down until you fill a bar (long ass time to do it) so he goes on the ground and you can hit him for a bit for better damage since you deal really low normally. Then he gets up and starting going rampage for a bit before calming down. From there it's rinse and repeat.
Also farming and creating equipment took too much. There is probably something else i'm forgetting.Some user said they made some fixes with the second season but i guess the game it's pretty dead now

I never heard this song in the game.

Gotta confess I was a godfather type of Arisen; as much as it pained me to replay some parts, I always made it a point to properly send a pawn home with a decent gift. It's part of why awakened Daimon was a pain in the ass for me; that absurdly strong Rift vacuum plus running around the area avoiding meteors and quakes while reviving pawns (with no bloody invincibility frames in the animation) made getting out with everyone alive a nightmare…unless you're a Ranger/Strider/Mage/Sorcerer/MA and just completely obliterate him.
Admittedly, I had a ton of hours on the game with a lot of surplus gear and consumables so it was no biggie.
And on my end, the surprise I won't forget was when my sorceress came back wearing a DLC item.

Anyway, for RCs, simply progressing through Bitterblack can easily score you thousands of them.

Hope that's not what they're putting on MHW then.

Menu theme for the vanilla version; was taken out in DA.

It was only in the original release, not the Dark Arisen re-release. Lots of people(mainly Holla Forums) liked it, but I'm glad they removed it. It was too cheesy of Japanese buttrock to fit the game's tone.

I should have mentioned that all the way to level 200 I had my pawn hired daily. I don't need rift crystals, but I still would like my pawn to be hired by random people I have never met before in my life.

I'll just chalk it up to there being an overabundance of level 200 cheated pawns in the rift, so mine is just lost among the sea of them.

It plays during the sex scene with Mercedes

Couldn't hear it over all the B L E A T I N G.

user, there is only one mod the game needs, and it's already been created.

Harpy Nipples

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/260/?

What's behind those little holes in those caves under the fortress that you have to purge from goblins and that can only be entered by lolis and dwarves?
Also, theres this cave entrance that leads to an underground arena with a zyklop. I still don't get how you can get to those chests behind the gates, since they won't open.

(checked)
I think that's exactly why it fit. No one expected it and it wasn't a bad song either. Especially since the demo featured the current DA soundtrack.

I haven't played the game in years but doesn't that area get a hydra in post-game? I think that's when the chests become accessible.

Nope, that area never opens the gates.

>TFW no cut content mod

No, but seriously, the world in Dragon's dogma is very well crafted, it just needs more things to do.
Doing comfy things with your pawn would expand the game x10. But hunting and gathering are at a very basic level, and pawns get somewhat annoying.

I also seem to remember them opening up later in the game. Memory's fuzzy, though. I should replay the game sometime.

The thing about DD is that all of the flaws are totally fixable. It's not like in Skyrim, where you need to rework the combat and numerous other systems from the ground up to get something good. A sequel that the devs actually cared about could be a mastapeece.

what's the general opinion of the world difficulty mod?

DD has top notch fashion; it's absurd how many different "sets" I had for my character but I hate how it handles NPC sets by making it a full body equip instead of "breaking" them into separate pieces like DaS does.
Also wish the sets were more creative but then again, the simplicity is probably what makes mixing and matching so good. The best sets in the game statswise are more elaborate and the body pieces aren't very good for fashion. Also, the game very clearly favors female characters in terms of available options as well as the unisex pieces looking better on female characters.

t. full blown fashion autist

Bigot.

Okay, I've made it to the post-game; is it worth it to pick it back up? I never started Bitterblack Isle, I'm currently in the pit (or whatever it's called.

BBI is the best part of the game, so yes. Fuck around in the Everfall for wakestones, and to experience some of the rooms, but then head over to BBI around level 70 or so, and spend the rest of your time there. It's where the real meat of the game is.

Shit, I had no idea. I'm debating rerolling because I foolishly paid no attention to the waifu quests and thus my beloved Mercedes has forsaken me.

You can finish the game and start over with a New Game+ if you want, if you're that far you might as well.

So pc and ps4 are connected?

If you had the foresight into replaying the game a second time and put port crystals at the critical spots, then you COULD just start up another playthrough and power your way through in about 3-5 hours if you are strong enough/prepared enough.

Ultimately I don't think it matters, even for your waifu. You'll be spending more time in the dungeons of BBI than you will back at your waifu's place.

Should have given her the Arisen's bond.

NEVER EVER

That's a good suggestion, I don't recall my level when I finished. I may just move straight to BBI with such a sterling recommendation

Please don't rub it in

You honestly must be blind on these two
Though you won't get lover's lab levels of lewd in this game, for only the chinese have mastered the art of altering MT framework

Is this game worth playing, anons? I'm not particularly into fantasy, but I'm willing to try a game if it's got good characters and immersion.

FOREVER EVER

It was aptly described by although I'd add with good combat. If that sounds good to you, you'll love it.

anything with skyrim in it sounds bad tbh, but Ill still give it a shot

I think it's top tier for what it is.

I think the only gameplay mod I used was to reduce stamina loss while running. Other than that it was just cosmetics. Also I heard that using mods that alter stats of your pawn prevent it from appearing online.

Skyrim is bad because the combat sucks, the environments are repetitive, and the writing is stiff at best. Dragon's Dogma also has mediocre writing, but it's not in your face about it so it's totally fine. Other than that, it's better than Skyrim in literally every way.

If anyone gives a shit, the game's on sale on GOG atm, 12 dollarydoos instead of 30

Don't Blind Me mod is essential if you make an archer build. The effect sprites from skills obscure your vision too much without it.

It's definitely a game worth paying for. I bought it twice and don't regret it.

This is suffering.

I hope to goes to GOG connect

It's also a decent waifu building game if you're in to that sort of thing. You need two hands to play it though

How the FUCK do I beat Daimon's second form as a Mystic Knight? I can blow through his first form no problem, but his second form keeps fucking my ass. I'm level 132, is that too low to fight him?

I imagine it's the rift that's fuckin' you over, right?
Stock up on those infinite stamina brews and all sorts of stamina refills and master a jump that's more pixel perfect than anything in Ghouls n' Ghosts.
It's not ideal but have you tried the staff's light hold attack? MK can't infuse elements (Light hold attack completely destroys him) but with periapts and good aim, I think you can still dish out good damage.
Though a quick YT search says Magic Cannon. Naturally.
As for level, even at Lv200, I'd say almost all of Bitterblack puts up a good fight.

Elemental trances/invocations are absolutely a thing you shit

About the rift, I typically let my self get dragged closer to him, while charging stone forest so I can blast him out of it before being sucked up.
I don't really rely on great cannon as it does less damage than my sword buffed with a holy enchantment, probably due to my magic stats. I never tried the staff's light attack though, maybe that will work better.

whoops ment for

I know there is a minimum damage requirement or you literally can't hurt him, which happened to me.
I did it at just under level 100 as a Sorcerer.

I think its like that for everything in the game.

I read somewhere that the way the game calculates damage is retarded. All enemies have an armour score that represents their resistance to damage. In most games this works as a percentage reduction. eg. 15 armour = 15% reduced damage. But in DD armour directly reduces damage. 15 armour means you take 15 less damage. This means that if an enemy has an armour score higher than your damage, you can't hurt them at all.

Breath of the Wild has the exact same problem. Weapons do a base damage and armour reduces the damage but quarter-heart increments. Luckily the minimum damage is a quarter heart, so you'll always do a small amount of damage no matter what. It's really shitty because it means that if you don't have strong enough weapons you cant take forever to kill an enemy. And if you find a weapon that only a little stronger than your current one, it can seem like its a lot stronger.

It's not a bad idea- a guy with a BB gun shouldn't be able to hurt a tank at all. But it does need to be tweaked properly.

Having played DD Online, I have a sneaking suspicion that the damage works like that because Capcom might have had plans for multiplayer in DD that got scrapped. In DDON, damage works the same way, and that's how the devs balance the game, by jacking enemy defense stats and player gear stats more or less equally to give the illusion of progress without damage bloat forcing the devs to create HP bloat. It's the laziest way imaginable to balance an MMO.

in principal its not so bad, but the big problem is that enemies that were once so out of your league you couldn't even hurt them become a cakewalk after leveling up once.

For example, a troll has 100 armour, and you do 101 damage. It takes you hours to fight the troll, as each attack only does one damage. Eventually you beat it. Using the loot you go into town and buy a new sword that does 113 damage: not much better than your old sword. When you go back to fight the troll, you do 13 times more damage than before and the fight it over before you know it.

The idea is fine, but it can lead to sudden, unexpected jumps in power. I didn't find it too bad in DD, but BoTW was horrible for it.

Isnt GOG the worst version?
No screenshots and renting?

AUGHT

You need their steam rip-off DRM that isn't actually DRM even though steam is if you ask some retards around here.

Unless you are using shit tier gear, he should not be a problem. Try stacking conqueror's periapts and buffing beforehand to cheese your way through.

That's cloudwine right?

Nigger there are already hybrid classes
Just because ogres and giants don't have their knobs flopping around while you fight them doesn't mean you can't have lewd.
Webm related's nude mod was available before the game was even officially released.

I wish the ps4 version of the game added in more armor and weapons, maybe even the ones that were removed from the PC release.

I had that second webm saved somewhere as "darkie arisen"

Guys Capcom announced the sequel to Dragon's Dogma, it's called Monster Hunter World.

Ok?

The Berserk stuff?

I'd get the PS4 port if they did some fine-tuning to the gameplay.
>a Classic mode for fun hating cunts purists

Basically, I'm asking for a Odin Sphere Leifdrasir tier remaster but I can understand that a poor struggling indie dev like Capcom can't afford things like those AAA whores at Vanillaware. :^)

There are many reasons why a game should support multiple slots but "I'm too autistic to accept the 0.002% difference in power that comes from multiclassing" is not one of them.

"Builds" was the soulsfag in me talking. "Characters" would be more in tune with what I want; being able to have different character and pawn combinations without resorting to the Metamorphosis option.

He's lost forever now. We had some good times buddy.

I've never heard of a framerate issue which means it's probably an issue that you're able to fix on your end.

Every time I start this game, I drop it because I can already tell it's good and won't be able to play it for the first time ever again.

Jumping back into Dragon's Dogma after leaving it alone for a while feels really refreshing.

On a related note, are you supposed to do 0 damage to the Ur-Dragon? Cause I've fought it three times already juiced up on everything as Mystic Knight and I don't even see a chip in his health bar. I've also yet to reveal one of his hearts, which is also putting a dent on my enthusiasm to fuck it up.

I miss my loli servant.

Gotta hit the hearts to do damage; unless you mean the online dragon in which case doing low damage is normal unless you've minmaxed and are stacking buffs.

These two are all you need:
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?

I'm sure you can recreate him with some trial and error. It's not like the DaS sliders.
Incidentally, I wonder if I still got my "recipes" around…

The game did have quite a sense of wonder in the first playthrough. I remember being lost at night in the woods near Cassardis, fighting off a gazillion wolves until I stumbled upon the thieves' hideout. Or the time I was going through the narrow cliffs fending off bandits and when I think I'm in the clear, a fuckin' golem wakes up.

Didn't PC players get special extended grace period events? It was the last thing they did for PS3, I farmed almost every drop and dragonforged practically every piece of equipment thanks to that.

Yeah. Online Ur Dragon. Three runs and it looks like I've done no damage to it despite hitting the glowing purple spots, since no hearts are exposed yet.

you mean the one they added obscene amount of corperate casualization to? Including but not limited to
Free full heals that randomly float around
Massive buffs that last 60 seconds on a 90 second CD
Invisibility buff see above
Broken ass monster AI (see gamescom footage)

There's nothing wrong providing the players more tools or changing how healing works as long as they're balanced well. As it is there's no way of knowing how they balanced it in the grand scheme of things.
They purposefully lowered health and resistances to get more people through at gamescom.
Also, the guys' post was a joke. Dragon's Dogma and MH aren't very alike, save for the mounting mechanic that might've inspired MH4.

that's some denial

Any news on the coming PS4 version? Will it just be a performance upgrade or will there be any new content or even mod support?

It is a demo for the press, they can't let everyone do a 50 minute hunt when the line for their booth is already hours long.
I'm not saying I'm not concerned, stuff like the scout flies does look too easy. But as it is you can't really judge the whole thing. Everyone was whining that MH4 looked like shit when the first trailers hit, but it turned out to be a really well made game.

I wasn't complaining that it wasn't a 50 minute hunt. The AI literally breaks midway through a 5 minute clip and doesn't fix itself until he reloads by going to a nearby canteen

You mean the part where Barroth and the new monster both freeze and don't react, right? You can't be serious and think they're going to leave that in the final game. The series isn't really known for being riddled with bugs, save for MHFU's bad hitboxes.

There hasn't been that bad of a bug in a major press release of a MH game before. That should speak volumes about how little effort is being put in

If the game was coming out next month I'd worry, but it's got around six months. It'll be fine

When has a game ever improved from a press release demo. If anything I'm more worried because it has 6 months for them to ruin the already bad game even further.
I can't wait to see all the other great mantles, maybe one that gives you invulnerability to all ailments, in addition to making all of your attacks crit!

It happened once in all the footage that's been uploaded so far. Maybe if it happened every hunt I would be concerned, but that would be a fucking PR disaster for them.
Besides, you have no idea about game dev if you think every game should run perfectly when it's first shown off. You generally don't do bug fixing mid development (unless it's actually game breaking), you do it when everything else is in place.

Nigger, it isn't hard. Fuck, assassin literally has God-mode as a skill.

The main draw of the game breaking isn't an issue, you're right they have to cram in more bad design choices!

First your argument is that bugs in a demo are going to ruin the final release, now it's bad design choices. You're simply looking for anything to shit on the game because they're trying new things. Again, you're forgetting that everyone was shitting on MH4 when it was first revealed.
Can you get out of my thread and whine in the MH general instead? Thanks.

I never knew the cute girls were so instrumental in keeping my interest

You can't read can you, re-read that sentence. "They main draw of the game breaking isn't an issue, you're right" that part there. See it?
That's sarcasm.

Also

MHX showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that capcom cannot work new mechanics in without the game being horrible. MH3 got a slight pass because even though underwater hunts were awful it didn't influence the entire game.

Waifus are an essential to any good game user.
Checked

You mean the star knight set? Mounting in 4u was too easy in general, but they seem to have tweaked it since. Verticality was still a really good addition to the game.
It has the shortest duration and longest cooldown out of all the mantles, and they claimed certain attacks destroy them immediately, though that hasn't been shown yet. I'll agree with you if you can have the mantle on for essentially the entire hunt and bullshit your way through the game, but I highly doubt it'll be that broken.
They also claimed the AI has been completely overhauled, but along with all the other new changes/additions, you're not going to be able to tell the effects of it when all footage consists of tutorial hunts that have 3 minutes of actual combat with health values scaled way down. I'm concerned about the overall difficulty as well, but all this doom and gloom is fucking stupid. When the game is close to release and we find out that high rank hunts look as challenging as the footage right now, then I'll gladly join you in bitching at Capcom. As it is, I really don't see the point.

A spinoff that tried new things. I'm not a fan of it either, but they at least tried something new.
Underwater combat was shit because handheld controls were absolutely cancerous. The concept itself wasn't bad.

you haven't seen the new mantles? one of them gives you easier mounts, higher jumps, and the ability to ride wind drafts!
Also you now get 2 mantles/equipment slots at once

Bad news, friend.

I did. I don't think it's a bad addition as long as everything else it is balanced accordingly. They're putting a lot more emphasis on vertical level design.

This is a worst case scenario. For instance, if they give you all the healing items from the previous games plus the new ones and don't restrict it the further you advance in rank then yes, it'll be too forgiving.

The "new things" they're adding to the game mostly manage to water it down and make it easier for the player. I will absolutely bitch at Capcom if the majority of their sparkly new features are actively making the game more casual.

Sure. I won't be getting the game if all the new shit turns it into casual trash. But I'll eat my hat if it ends up being just that.

Understandable. I simply feel you're being too optimistic.

I just got outside the first town and want to quit.
Is there anything I can focus on to make the game more fun? The first dungeon was boring and the combat felt terrible.

Keep following the road until you get to the camp, then you'll get a taste of real action

And I think you're too pessimistic. But let's leave it at that.

The first dungeon is pretty simple and you might enjoy playing one of the other classes more. If you're not having fun when you get to the big city you're probably not going to enjoy the rest of the game.

Try out the other classes at the Inn, and remember to go back and unlock more skills and abilities when you level up.

Is there any reason to pick up more classes?
I started as Sorcerer then graduated to FULL MAJICKS as soon as I could and never looked back.
I also robbed that sweet ring and the Duke couldn't give me wathever he was gonna give. I NEED MAH MUJICKS.

I don't think I did most of the sidequests. That bitch the duke was marrying was my "beloved" aparently. She's pretty but goddamn, pretty dumb.
I don't get it why Did the Duke tried to kill her though. Was he possessed? I get that he sacrificed Lenore to the Dragon.
I also don't get why the Dragonforged dies in the end. Did he choose to sacrifice someone too?

Speaking of dragon forging: what's that do?
I dragonforged some sweet ass MUHJIKAL robes and a staff with the freaking sun on the tip. Does it simply upgrade them all to +3?
Is armor even that important? I wanna dress in ridiculous shit and climb on Ogres.

I finished it at lvl 45. Am I ready for BBI?

And why wasn't Alduin fight in Skyrim half as good as Grigori, holy shit that was HYPE all thr way throught.

Make your way through the changed Everfall first before you do BBI.

Don't worry, you can just sneak into the castle at night and open the chest yourself like the filthy Jew thief that you are.

Also dragonforging upgrades them straight to +4. It still worth upgrading them normally though, the higher the lever, the greater the chance that it will be dragonforged.

That's the place that all those fucking snakes I couldn't kill back in the begging of the game, right?
I remember spending almost an hour laughing about "ALL THAT XP I'M GONNA GET" and then slowly realizing that maybe I was being rused.

I also remember some people describing something about a giant tree/tower that somethign something parallel worlds and that's what that tower in everfall is?
Did the dragon come from a "lower" world to the current one?

The other classes are really fun and give different ways to look at situations. If you were a Strider, some places that were harder to hit as a sorcerer are now piss easy to hit and gouge out for a shit ton of damage.
>Did the Duke tried to kill her though. Was he possessed?
He went crazy with grief and made a bad/good choice to choke a bitch
>why the Dragonforged dies in the end.
He probably killed a dragon a long time ago or something, seeing as he turns into dust. I don't know.
Just makes your gear stronger. There's two more levels of Dragonforged, and you'll get to know that better on BBI
>Is armor even that important?
If you're on Hard Mode, yes. Otherwise, not so much.
>And why wasn't Alduin fight in Skyrim half as good as Grigori,
Is that a rhetorical question?

I'm not sure if I understand.
Everything I had was DragonForged when I killed Grigori.
Even shit with 1 star. Did I simply get lucky?
I attempted BBI at lvl 20 and that went out kinda okay until something I don't remember raped my face repeatedly and made me leave the island. But not before I found that staff that was 30x times better than anything and I cleared the game with it. Now it's dragon forged and goddamn is it a beast of a staff.

Fun, not much else. Mystic Knight and Assassin are the other two that people tend to gravitate towards for how fun they are.

The Duke sacrificed his beloved to gain a kingdom. He didn't care about Aelinore at all, so killing her or abusing her was just for his own amusement.

He also made a deal with the dragon, so his heart was returned when you defeated Gregori, causing him to rapidly age and die.

Dragonforging upgrades an item to +4, and you can then use vendors to upgrade them to +6 after that.

Yeah, you can do BBI whenever. It will make Everfall kind of pointless, though - Everfall was the original endgame equipment grinding section, but it's made redundant by the stuff in BBI pretty quickly.

Because one was made by Bethesda.

Allright, I guess I'll go farm Lizards or something else for XP.

I meant picking up other classes as the same character.
Like, you start the game as sorcer, turn into mage and midway you decide you really like axes and change to fighter.
Is there a reason for it?
I saw that "Vocation Meter" thing on each vocation. Do you get something for maxing them out?
Maybe it's worth maxing every vocation?

Oh, right. Yeah, with Grigori everything gets forged, but you can only fight him once. All of the lesser dragons have a chance of forging your equipment.

Stock up on Throwblasts and walk in and trash everything for the first few floors, you'll level up really fast. If you can make it to the first hub area where Pedostache is then you can further upgrade your stuff.

There's nothing to gain for it, no. Autists will tell you that you have to set up your build a certain way for max stats, but since 95% of your relevant stat is from your equipment (equips are important BTW), it doesn't matter much. Some vocations might have skills that are useful to other vocations, but those should be self-evident.

That said I really wish they'd let you have multiple characters. The limit of one per account is dumb.

The higher your vocation is, the more skills you unlock for that class.
I'd say only max out the vocations you know you'll want to play.

I played through the game as an Assassin, which I loved and as Mystic Knight, which I didn't. I've been thinking of Ranger this time, how's it different from Assassin?

I don't enjoy the magic classes

IMO Ranger is one of the best classes for focusing on single targets - 10-shot, the all-the-stamina-for-a-shot-you-can control uber duper arrow and a just frame single shot all make mincemeat out of anything. The Dagger skills are the most basic.
I'd say it's very efficient but I don't get much mileage in the trick arrows given how good it is as a straight up damage dealer. Also arguably the best class to tackle both Reaper and Awakened Daimon.

If I'm not mistaken, he fought the dragon but lost. Instead of just dying he manage to survive, but in a half death, half alive state, so only others Arisen could see him and so he devoted himself to aiding others arisen to slay the dragon. Grigori held his hearth and once you kill him, it goes back to their places, as well as the years that passed. Because the Dragonforged lived hundred if not thousand of years, once the hearth returned so did the lost time, and his body turned to dust logically. He is happy about it too, he smiles just before dying.

She reminded her of his beloved whom he sacrificed to the dragon. If you don't stop him when he is chocking her, he will say something like "I made a mistake". He is going mad of grief and guilt, and Aleniro probably reminds him of his beloved one.

Any 6 skills for warrior mod yet?

Kill yourself, retard.

Let's play the game first and then review it, shall we?

NEVER EVER

WHAT

Get a load of this faggot

That's really cute to me, somehow.

That's the average Dragons Dogma player right there.

Anyone ever get the urge to replay but lose interest? The game is pretty static and takes a while to get going, so it always kills my interest in replaying it. Then BBI is a slog but maybe I've always been underleveled there.

Funny enough happened with me when it was initially released on PC. I wanted to replay the game, but I only got to Gran Soren and stop playing. I got nostalgic some weeks ago and decided to start playing again and now I can't stop. I have this huge backlog of games I want to play yet I just cannot stop playing DDDA.

Now I am both very happy and sad. On one side I'm enjoying myself a lot, and rediscovering lots of things I had forgotten is great while also appreciating the game's shortcomings and things that could have been improved, but the fact that there is no proper sequel that fixes and improve the formula nor any kind of spiritual successor drives me to the deepest pits of sadness

No, this is.

That's EXTRA degenerate!

What's more interesting is that both Selena and Mercedes have Arisen's Bond. Someone's been forgin'.

Dats some funny shit right there.

Sounds like you don't know how to have fun.

Faggot

Faggot

Men are for befriending, women are for fucking.

Wait you can do that?

It's important that the arisen is either female or wears a dress as a man.

I'm not sure about the sex of the pawn but I only got the quest in NG+ when I changed my pawn to be female.

There's female dress a man can wear? I thought gear like dresses was locked by gender.

There are a few female dresses which can be worn as male. Mercedes's armour set for example.

FOREVER EVER

Those digits

she deserves them

I just wanted some pants

Don't tell me you're looking for these damn things. Because I must have run about 20 laps on that place to get them (and yes, I changed vocations for both my character and the pawn to narrow down the results).

What, eactly, are you looking for?

While stats don't matter that much, especially since you can just stack periapts which cost almost nothing, levelling other classes is still worth it for the augments.
Also, if you never changed your basic starting class until 40-50, you'd probably have a pretty bad time for the rest of the game.
They're not that important as long as you're getting over the minimal threshold.

I'm pretty sure he was too much of a coward to face the dragon, so he gave up his waifu to save his life and get something in return.
He was literally mad with grief when he tried to kill Aelinore.

Barbarian.

Oh fuck no.

Can you have a squad of waifus in that game?

I am not impressed