Unsatisfying games

The only other thing to do would be to reset ten thousand times for the best gear from random forging results or to grind to level 200, which feels pointless since you can just one-shot anything in the game at that point. If you make another character, you'll be doing this, but grinding even more because none of them can approach the mathematical strength of the priestess per level (except Brawler, who can stack guts levels). The game is a janky difficulty rollercoaster with no payoff for mastering it. I hate it when games pull this crap. Megaman Battle Network 6 does this somewhat by retaining the crisis music after you beat the game, when previous entries get rid of it (it gets really fucking annoying hearing the same song in every overworld area). Also included are games with cliffhanger endings that will never get sequels (FUCK YOU CAMELOT FOR GOLDEN SUN DARK DAWN). The polar opposite of this is games like Rising Zan, which gave you an additional playable character for beating normal mode (a hot ninja chick named Sapphire) and then let you play as the MC in his underwear (and also Sapphire) if you achieved high enough ranks in the game's stages. There are other rewards that I haven't even earned yet in that game. Jumping Flash! gives you a shitton of extra modes and remixed level objectives and cutscenes, and the sequel gives you additional options for the MC's talking hood ornament. The point is, beating harder difficulties gives you rewards, and those harder difficulties are still fun and not "muh numbers" and "grind more" a la Shining Soul II.

What are some other times when a videogame blueballed you, metaphorically or even literally? When did you conquer the game only to find out that there was nothing at the end of a long and shitty trek, bar more of the same?

I can't think of many examples right now but one minor disappointing discovery was playing Dragon's Dogma and thinking that the Frontier Caverns would be some sort of Mines of Moria type Goblin stronghold and instead it's just a short walk into a big chamber for a single fight with a big monster.

Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure is a good Tony Hawk game without Tony Hawk (It uses the same engine and everything. It's like Chex Quest is to Doom), but has one serious problem: There's no ending. As in you can finish all the goals in the game and all you'll get is the rewards for finishing all the goals in the particular level. There is no acknowledgement you've even "beat" the game, not even a credits roll. This is despite the goals including 4 instances of "collect all the hidden tokens in the level" that get really tedious for every level. It's so bad speed runs have to use the relatively arbitrary goal of "unlock all the characters".

In general the game has a lot of points that feel unfinished. Later levels have lots of empty space. If you dump the textures in Dolphin you'll find the custom skater has a fully textured body, but you can't take off their pants or wear a skirt so half that texture file is never actually used.

Gurumin gives you costumes for beating each difficulty level. If you beat them all in the PC version Parin's skirt changes from a black void to actually showing her panties (or you can just edit the data files)

Pics?

I went searching for pics, and I could not find any. Compounding this is the fact that I only have a physical copy of the game (it's a PS1 game, so expect jaggies out the ass from my PS2) and I don't have a capture card, and I have a CRT, and I have a flip phone with a shitty camera, so expect the washout to be maximum.

Regardless, here are the only pictures of underwear Sapphire ever taken, I think. Unless someone wants to prove me wrong with some excellent highest-settings smoothed-out emulator screenshots. I might download this game just for that reason. A major source of good screenshots for this game is a Something Awful let's play, which features underwear Johnny but not underwear Sapphire.
GEE, I WONDER WHY

Hey, that's pretty nice!

Inquisitor
Its a shitty game through and through and only becomes worse the more you play it.
The game starts off tedious with your spells not even being able to hit enemies but by the time your character becomes not-shit the game has already shat itself thrice over.
The fact that every NPC will regale you with the most mundane yet verbose dialogue about the most inane shit and the game wants you to question every single NPC despite throwing tons of red herrings which could potentially fuck you over. The cherry on top of this shit sundae is the ending. Throughout the game you have a meaningless moral system but none of that matters beyond a bunch of flavor text because the devs didn't even bother changing the ending cutscene.

Just ignore it ever existed, it didn't need to in the first place and wasn't all that great anyways. Besides, it's clear that all they want to do now is Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis.

I kinda want to play it now.

Anyways, blueballs huh, i have a game in mind.

Freedom Planet. They ALMOST got it right, it's almost an excellent sonic clone, even if the main characters are just Deviantart OC's they fucking paid someone for, but for some ungodly reason they decided to cap the speed of all the characters severely. It's fucking infuriating to see a game that's obviously built around speed with all the loops, hills, and running sections built in and then not being able to accelerate your momentum past a light jog unless you use your specials, and even then it lasts for a fleeting moment, and to top it off, the physics are fucking sonic 4-tier trash.

I hope the sequel is better, but it's not looking likely.

*With some amazing boss fights that at times look like they've could have come straight out of a Treasure game.

At least Thea was still a really good game overall. Fallen Enchantress was definitely not.

This goes without saying.

Killer Is Dead.

So much was made of those gigolo missions and they turned out to be boring as shit, which is a goddamned feat considering how hot that game's women are. I suppose there was a little blueballing with the main game content as well but mostly with the side missions. The main story missions were fine but this was a weird paradox of playing better than either No More Heroes or Killer7, yet still feeling like a worse overall game.

You know that picture is really fucking terrifying he is (as far as the gif shows) jumping off the edge of the world

The annoying voices would've killed it for me even if it played well. Who seriously think all that high pitched grunting is really necessary?

That's the joke.

I was part of a small test group before that game was released. It was an alpha or something. I should have told them the game was shit but I didn't even get to kill anything back then. It was just walking around BOUND TO 3 FUCKING normalfagS THAT HAD NEVER PLAYED A GAME IN THEIR LIVES and using skills on air.

(checked)
I sort of liked it even if the combat was pretty shit. I didn't finish it though.

Gen 4 Pokémon, a grindfest set in a brown wasteland full of dying mining towns and was about as fun to play as working in one. Once you slog it through to the end with your exp-starved, underlevelled team of literally-whos and forced furbait, your reward is a postgame rubberband-AI battle generator. Because it wasn't frustrating enough already.
Only memorable for the one line of dialogue about marrying your pets.

Has there ever been a Pokemon game where the postgame was as satisfying as beating the game?

its worse than you think. See, there a story mode filled with fully voiced cutscenes, including one where they torture the Not-sonic/amy character in detail for a good minute or two, so you can hear it's screams the entire time.

Was that improved in HG/SS?
I could never play those games because of so much dialogue bogging down the experience, but I was curious to know if they improved on the gym leaders in Kanto. They always seemed a bit weak after you had already beaten the elite for, more of a formality than anything, though it could encourage you to train up new pokemon.

They really didn't do much to Kanto, even the safari zone there is still closed.

I'm going to say the Souls series. Souls games go up to NG+7. That means after you've beaten the games 7 times, the difficulty stops going up. Here's the thing, there's no real reward or point to going above NG+2. You need NG+2 to get enough boss souls for all of the special drops. In Dark Souls 2 they changed it so that you didn't need to go into NG+ at all to get the boss soul drops, but you still need to go to NG++ to get certain items. In Dark Souls 3 it's still that way.

But the thing is, you don't get any rewards that make NG+ or higher worth the fucking trouble. The game doesn't give you golden armor pieces with fuckhuge stats on them or anything, nothing changes other than certain special rings. You need to make up your own fucking point to going there, and if it's all about the challenge, then why fucking bother.

Oh boy, I beat Dark Souls on NG+11, aren't I cool? No, you bashed your head through a fucking pinhole, and all you get to show for it is that you're willing to put up with any level of bullshit for nothing.

What happened to doing things for fun?
You already beat the game, most people don't play a game they already beat once. The incentive to keep playing on NG+ is the challenge and maybe the novelty of a harder difficulty. It's an extra thing that's not part of the main game.
The replayability relies mostly on starting over with a new build anyway.
Anyway, I don't know if you're writing off the game entirely or just the NG+ system, but if it's the former, then that's fucking dumb. It's like bitching about a store because they gave you a free keychain that you didn't like with your purchase.

I ain't writing off the Souls series at all. I love the souls games, they're my most played games. I just hate the NG+ system. I criticize things I don't like about things I like because I want it to be better, not because I don't like it.

In Dark Souls you can't NOT go into NG+. Once you kill Gwyn, no matter what you do you're going to end up in NG++, the game doesn't wait until you're ready to go like it does in DS2 or DS3. And in DS3 they don't wait for you to start the new journey like in DS2, once you watch an ending it forces you into the next NG+.

Even Demon's Souls does that shit, where as soon as you kill Fake Allant you either leave and get the good ending or you kill the Black Maiden to get the bad ending. But why is that the bad ending in the first place? Why would you want to cycle over and over and repeat the same series of events? Do I look like Lemony fucking Snicket?

Imagine that maybe New Game+ meant a whole new game entirely. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that NG+ does something more than just make enemies into damage sponges who hit much harder.

That's fair. It's a good point, I actually agree with it.
I liked DS2's NG+ because it mixed things up a bit. New enemies and switching up enemy placement a little in NG+.
I found that made the experience a lot more fun than just adding new item drops here and there. It almost feels as if there's more content.
For all the shit DS2 gets, it certainly did some things right that the other games didn't.

I remember i played this game called Sudeki as a kid. The gameplay was pretty neat, when you were in battle you were locked in an arena and could do combos or spells. Using spells or items slowed down time a little. Pretty standard RPG shit except for one thing: you could change which character to play as, and some characters used guns which changed it into a first person shooter perspective instead of third person brawler.
I dont remember shit about the story, i only remember the last cutscene and boss fight. After a huge power up sequence and your party getting all sort of new powers and forms, you enter a fight with the final boss and here is where it goes to shit for 2 reasons:
You have a party of 4 for most of the game and after EVERYONE gets super powers, only MC fights. No reason.
The fight is pretty hard, as the final boss has a lot of hard hitting skills and he has a pretty nasty skill that he uses as soon as its convenient that REVERSES all buff/debuffs. So if you try to buff yourself or debuff him, he just flips it over and tells you to fuck off.
Then you finally beat the boss and the worst part of all comes next:

You beat the boss, see him scream and disappear in light. You hear a dumb poem and then the credit rolls. You dont get to see what happened afterwards with the heroes, the world, NOTHING.
Boss dies, credits roll. Fuck you.
There is a youtube video that shows a proper ending, that one of the developers did with help of the VA, years later. Apparently the company ran out of budget and rushed it right at the end, and he alongside the VAs and other developers were always bothered by the lack of a proper ending.

As much as From got shit for Scholar, at least I can agree with that one guy who argued that Scholar was like a ROM hack that made the game harder for the fun of it. For $5 more, sure, I bought Scholar. If it had been the price of a new game, I wouldn't have, but why not buy it for $5?

My favorite Souls games, for reference are DS3>DS2>Demon's>DS1

I don't have a PS4 yet, so I still haven't hade a chance at Bloodborne, but I estimate that Bloodborne will be my favorite based on the fact that it did something new with the mechanics with the trick weapons alone.

I'm on the same boat, I've been looking up Bloodborne lately and I really really dig the aesthetics, I think it looks amazing and it's possibly the prettiest rendition of a Victorian era inspired setting, not to mention the mechanics and gameplay are free from the binds of it being a sequel so it seems to be fresher.

I doubt I'll dump money on a PS4 just for fucking Bloodborne though. I don't have a job right now, I live in a small apartment and electronics are expensive in my country because my politicians are corrupt, so FROM just lost a customer.

Electronics are expensive everywhere. One issue is that I don't own a TV. I need to get a TV first before I get a PS4. But I just bought a new computer to replace a dead computer, and I have an upgrade path to follow, cause I'm currently using a Pentium cause I didn't want to plunk down $700 in one fucking go.

I still wonder if maybe I should have just built a Xeon system, considering how cheap Xeons can be compared to an i7. Oh well.

So sometime in 2018 I hope to get a PS4 Pro.

You don't understand. We get a degenerate amount of taxes here, so much so that stuff ends up costing double of what it costs in the US. To add to that, wages are much lower ($1500 a month would be considered a pretty good salary), so while food and rent are comparatively cheaper than in the US to account for that, electronics costs double, so they're a big purchase you take seriously.

I pay a bit more than the US does as well, but what country are you from?

Argentina. You?

Canada

Poor choices tbh

That's not how birth works, faggot. Besides, it ain't like the US is doing so much fucking better, you got a god damn protest going on every other fucking day, your media is trying its hardest to create evidence to impeach your president because he's not left-wing, and you have think tanks considering the idea of putting birth control and other chemicals into the water to "inhibit aggression." What's the upshot to all that?

The ability to shoot anyone who steps on my property.

Which is the minority and not the majority. That shit doesn't fly in most states anymore. You can't even fight back if you live in some states, otherwise you're not defending yourself, you're committing assault.

Whatever bro.

Don't be bitter, someday you'll have rights like a real person.

You're pretty bad at the bants. That's okay, in a state where you get to shoot first and ask later I know you guys think and talk real slow.

Go fuck yourself, IIDF

Doesn't exist.

I'm not even remotely jewish, you retard. I'm sorry that subtlety is hard for Americunts, but I was symbolizing your jewish overlords who have successfully bred the stupidity into you.

Either lies or straight up projection. Sad.

I know, I get a little choked up thinking of how sad your life is. But the show must go on, and your problems aren't mine. Would you like a tissue for your issue?

Don't mind him, he's just bobbing for (you)s.

Don't forget how fucking slow the game was.

I have to agree. The females are wasted on Killer is Dead, though they can keep that ditzy girl, her Nip voice was fucking grating. The rest were pretty cool.

I think the biggest issue of Killer is Dead is how samey the enemies are despite the different levels. Also, the story being as bizarre as it is doesn't really help the game any, and yes, I'm aware that's a thing with this particular developer.

Was anyone else as completely dissatisfied with Megaman ZX Advent as I was? Hated 90% of the music and was bored to literal tears by the world and subsequent stage design, annoying enemies, shit gimmicky and barebones boss gameplay when not using a lame Axl wannabe moveset that doesn't remotely use dual wielded super laser guns in this franchise to their full potential the front cover and art for either Model A mistakenly makes you believe, retarded uninteresting story, overall boring and too easy or annoying bosses, lack of unlockable or upgrade content and even the cathartic lack of obtaining new powers and abilities, just lazily copying and pasting absolutely everything else that isn't even good.
I can't say this game is objectively shit, but I see 100% absolutely nothing good about it aside from Warp Points, better connected world and the concept of playing as bosses, which if you agree with me could argue is done so badly it's actually a negative aside from literally the first boss. And Ashe's surprisingly sexy ass.

This. Sinnoh has fantastic atmospheric area music for its cities and forests, but the absolute fucking worst overabundance of rocks and boulders ever just because everything surrounds a legendary mountain of lore. And the DP Pokedex and battle sluggishness are absolute empty shit before even mentioning the above that isn't worth slogging through outside of Platinum, let alone that most of the supposed to be appealing new Pokemon you can't even fucking get before the credits.'

Tragically, in terms of game mechanics, it's far superior to the first game. But I couldn't stomach through everything else.

Well, I was finding the initial party annoying as fuck as anyways, I mean fuck, Atsuro was such a nice friendo(Yoohoo was kind of a bitch too and left you like a whore, but still, better than the oblivious generic anime girl) and then you get the huge faggot that is the new guy with a fucking lisp to boot.

Fuck you.

Don't forget how the routes are designed to funnel you into every fight so you fill up your Pokedex, which is now rated on seen instead of owned so there's less reason to catch them all.

Holy Dance yourselves.
Who had the lisp, though? I legit never noticed.