Building non-combat stats / doing non-combat things

Something I have been thinking about for a while, is there any game that does non-combat stuff other than

Study[X]
Fuck about on the internet [ ]
Or alternatively

I was thinking about it while playing Persona 3 and 4. There is no reason not to grind stats. No game that reflects on the desire to fuck about on the net all day. The only negative consequence is you may get 'tired', or some other similar consequence. The worst thing is that sometime they introduce some fun "studying-minigame" or "work-minigame". No game as far as I know, reflects on how horrible it is to work or study compared to fucking about on the net. Do I make sense at all? Or am I just incoherently rambling?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner's_Guide
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tips
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ally#Uses_of_pets
youtube.com/watch?v=yq5T78qFWxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

…Most games don't even ad 'fuck about on the net' as an option, to be honest. In P3 the MMORPG is a way to build a social link anyways.

You mean like 90% of Stardew Valley?

Also, remember farming in Nier (not that one)

Elona, my man.
You can fish, farm, play instruments to audiences, set up shops, shut in and study, bone prostitutes, preach your religion, and much more. It all affects your character growth, too.

That`s not a game that focuses on combat, tough.
It`s more like it`s a game of farming that has some combat stuff.
you`re a nigger for mentioning stardey valley and not harvest moon or rune factory

The reason this is the case so often in Japanese games in particular is that they have a very strong work ethic, and they consider video games (and video game consumers) to be immature and impressionable.
They want to basically beat the idea that a cycle of studying, working, and sleeping is the best possible way to live your life, with little to no breaks.
A game that accurately reflected how much easier and more fun it is to play video games than work or study would be considered disgusting in the eyes of most Japanese because it is 'teaching' children and young adults that they do not have to maximize their working capacity.

Okay, is it open-ended? Sell me on it.

Rune Factory is half farming and half combat. It's the only game I've seen that manages to balance them and make the noncombat parts very useful for the combat parts. Farming raises stats, gives you items to use in crafting or consumables or for taming monsters, and the crafting obviously lets you make new gear. The crafting is surprisingly deep with a fuckton of secrets too.

It`s a mix between a roguelike and a life sim.
The nigger in embed related does a great job explaining how it works.

And yes, it is very open-ended and requires huge amounts of autism to enjoy.

Yes, it's very open ended. There is a persistent world map gets that filled with randomly generated dungeons. Towns have a job board where you can do a variety of quests for the citizens, like being the entertainment in a party, helping a guy out on his farm, "acquiring" items from others.
As said, all skills affect your character growth. Every skill is assigned an attribute that slowly improves it as you use it more. For example, getting proficient in an instrument increases charisma, which would improve some abilities that use that attribute. Having higher charisma also increases your party size.
It plays like a rogue-like though (numpad, turn-based, identify items) so if that's not up your alley, you won't find it enjoyable. There's a large variety of things to do yet a significant portion of the game consists of rogue-like dungeon crawling, especially if you want to make meaningful progress.

You have unleashed the beast.

Sounds interesting, may check out

I played a bit of the tutorial and it looks interesting, thanks

Make sure you`re playing the latest elona+ version with elona custom installed over it.
bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/
Just do NOT wear, unappraised gear.
Cursed gear fucks you up in the beginning. They made it cheaper to identify/remove curse of stuff in towns recently, but it`s still fatal to a fresh character.
Also, revive the starter pet if it dies, it`s a bit stronger than you early on and grinding the early levels will be painful whitout their helping hand.
Permadeath mode is a meme, do not play it.

RS has the best memes and reaction images.

Might as well give these too. The game can be rather obtuse for beginners.
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner's_Guide
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tips

Age of Decadence is designed precisely this way

I made a character with the intention of gathering a harem of loli sex slaves. Anyways, I had my first loli and went to a well. I dunno what happened but my loli got impregnated by an alien. Thinking nothing of it, I just went about my day. Later an alien burst out of my loli's chest then proceeded to kill everyone in the town.

My character died of poison in the side of the road as he was trying to flee to another town during a rainstorm. Lesson of the story is stay away from wells.

Very relevant

Ah, yeah, wells fuck you and your pets up.
Equip pets with wing cape items or items with the ~makes you float~ property, or they may keep falling and dieing instantly on the wells. I think using taming whips on them makes so they stop drinking from it and avoid getting pregnant.

This game looks absolutely absurd

Does the wing cape also helps when your pet runs straight into an acid floor made by a slime?

Once I was training my pick pocketing by stealing fruit trees in the wilderness and one of my pets gave birth to an alien who then called the cops on me and I lost 7 karma.

Yes, any equipment that floats you will make you unaffected by things on the floor.

What is happening in that picture of a picture?

I believe a shopkeeper is about to fuck a hooker and the player character is covering the ears of the little girl before the act of fornication drives the shopkeeper insane driving the prostitute to kill the skopkeeper.

I think

In Elona, you need to get people drunk before fucking them, which gives you money and increases the npc's disposition towards you. The player character is the one holding the booze, and the blond woman and little girl (your little sister) are pets you can get.

Starsector.

kek

Enjoying that pride parade?

Is there any way to revive dead pets/party members and how do I check their stats?

>elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ally#Uses_of_pets
You can pay Bartenders in pubs to revive them.

I'm also new to this all and I've been watching this guy's tutorials ( youtube.com/watch?v=yq5T78qFWxI ) for a beginners guide to Elona, they've been pretty comprehensive so far.

More games need to allow you to level outside of combat, or at least outside of fighting computer enemies.

The tokimeki memorial series and princess maker.

Elona question, what does this green leafy icon with "555" indicate?

It's a temporary luck buff. You can get them from eating blessed food or waking up after sleeping and having a lucky day. 555 indicates the number of remaining turns it will stay active.

"You can do anything" but real.

th-thanks

The elder scrolls/fallout games have merchantile or speechcraft skills, sometimes repairing skills to fix weapons or vehichles.
Most times these skills allow you to earn more money or spend less, and they unlock more options to handle situations.
Some of these allow you to craft items to affect your gameplay directly (like auto-inject stimpacks) or indirectly as used items.

Pro-tip, if you open the characater window(the one that shows your str, con, dex, etc)
it shows a list of your buffs and hexes(those square icons on the right), their descriprion appears on the very bottom and you can scroll trough them with the up and down movement keys.

my fucking sides

fantasy life is fun

How do I check my pet's level and stats? I've been getting messages throughout saying she's leveled up her weight-lifting, stealth and other skills but I've no clue where to check it out.

forgot pic

into the trash it goes

Just try it anyway, elona or dorf fortress aren't that hard.

pay up an informer to investigate a party member

it is

Those are ingame NPCs that can help you, you create your own character however you want and can have a qt paladin waifu adventuring with you.

There's a reason God didn't give girls muscles user

All the top chefs in the world are men.

Because he has shit taste?

Progress report time
Over the last two months, I managed to get two god pets. The cat and the black angel. I'd like the angel a lot more if it kept it's distance and used it's bow rather than going melee. I also have a littler girl and a fire dragon child, both evolved.
Any advice for another pet? I'm thinking of getting a moai because it has both metal and fury bitflags but those reports are unreliable and in that case it's better to get a metal snail.

I got ya fam.

its a good thing fictional women don't act like real women

id rather have tone for summer

Muscle is a male feature. Liking male features on women means you're a fucking faggot and should probably consider suicide.

I was thinking about starting another elona thread. Maybe its time.

I dunno user, muscle lolis are kinda cute. Its the gap between the small frame and the bulking muscles that makes you want to headpat them.

Or amybe you're just attracted to muscular bodies with no tits or ass because you're turned on by the idea of being weak and submissive you little bitch.

Anything that either gender can develop easily is not a * feature. Penises are male feature, big titties are a female feature, muscles are a person who does a lot of exercise feature. If muscles on a girl make you feel insecure then maybe you should be working out.

If you can't even get into fucking Elona then you must be an ADHD normalfag, shit is literally the most accessible roguelike ever.

Play ToME then

Muscles are a symbol of strength and masculinity no matter how much you try to redefine it to justify your perversion. Women aren't supposed to be strong, they're supposed to be weak and vulnerable, thus muscles pretty much destroy a woman's feminine charm. And since you're ot attracted to feminine features but rather masculine ones, maybe it's time you evaluate your mental health and remember if you experienced any mental trauma that would make you attracted to "strong" women.

Wtf, I hope you mean two irl months, still nice progress.
If you want to go full min/max maximum edge peak performance just get a bell pet for a gunner and itzpalt's exile for a mage.
Exile is considered the best combat god pet, and bells are a result of some dev oversights that make them way too fast for their tankyness and can fuck anything up (at least early game).

Still, any roguelike is like kryptonite to a normalfag.
Elona is simple to control and manuever if you know the basics, but if you don't it's too overwhelming.
I think Stone Soup is better as a babby's frist roguelike, it's simple enough yet complete, very fast and intuitive. Well, it worked for me.

t. welfare queen

Women with normal testosterone levels rarely break 80ng per dL of blood in their lifetime. "Normal" testosterone levels in males average between 200 and 1000, and males on the lower half of that range already have difficulties building lean muscle mass. So no, women can't develop it easily. But I'd rather choose a girl with some lean mass to her name, since it's evidence she works out, looks after her own health and won't develop a chronic condition before 45. I leave those to .
Of course, if you are speaking of gender =/= sex here, let me remind you that traps have always been and always will be gay.

But its fun watching them act feminine and cute. Its similar to tomboys in dresses.

Also only 2d is any good, 3dpd muscle is disgusting

I'm speaking on the terms of not liking roided ripped muscle monsters that are remotely female to the eye.

learn to cook for yourself real fast because women are actually bad at cooking because the men before us treated them like kids for too many generations

The ratio of men to women in the cooking industry is extremely biased towards men. And the exact opposite applies for waiters/waitresses.

Look at shows like Iron Chef. Almost all of them are men.

contestants on iron chef or similar cooking shows are really passionate about cooking, its well beyond just knowing how to cook something without burning it. Most women barely have the drive to make a bowl of cereal for themselves let alone know how to make an entire meal based off one ingredient

Most women can't even work a mop or keep their living quarters remotely clean. Women today are shit at being women. Frankly the only value modern women have is their cunts.

Sad but true. The modern man learns so many skills and traits to survive as a bachelor and to impress women that the end up ultimately having very little to offer him. I always blame men for this though, we should have never coddled women so much in in the past, now they're just horrid bitches with not hobbies or skills but still want to be treated like royalty

On that note, I find girls taking selfies in messy rooms strangely fascinating.

I clean my desk up a little bit before posting in a battlestation thread but a chick will take a selfie in her filthy room or a public bathroom and not even fucking care. It must be indicative of their worldview or something

>tfw the only women you meet that are worth half a shit are at least old enough to be your mom.

What did he mean by this?

well being in my mid 20s i'm effectively a millenial myself, unfortunate as it may be. so these are the women who are in my peer group and i'm supposed to be trying to fuck. Generally they're difficult, picky, and lack independence and I'd probably be just as bad for them if it weren't for the fact my folks are hard working people who didn't originally come from america

ara ara

That's not how it works in 3D

Personally I choose to blame gays and women giving fashion and relationships advice to other women, instead of listening to what men want.

Personally I find long skirts and high heels very attractive.

in terms of fashion i'm pretty utilitarian save for a few little kinks (mostly tomboyish features) but what's also attractive is women who have anything to talk about. girls don't have hobbies and i hate it. I hate talking to girls because they don't have even the slightest passion for anything, its like that old screengrab "my big fat man friends can provide me with everything i need but sex, so when a woman is taken she effectively becomes useless to me because she sure as shit won't bring conversation"

what the fuck is goin' on with image posting today.

Just avoid women who only talk about gossip rather than anything interesting like the fucking plague, problem solved. There are plenty of cool women out there, you're just not paying attention to obvious red flags because your dick is assuming direct control.

You're right, I do get a little over worked up about how frustrating normalfag women are too me. Shame my own hobbies and work don't really allow me to meet more people and women, so I should tackle that personal problem

I don't want a cool women, I just want a woman who can cook simple tasty meals, keep the house clean, and is sane enough to trust with children when I'm at work; anything beyond that is just a bonus. I am sure some exist but the problem is they are usually already married.

Yes

Show us your miuscles, whore.

Is Elona fun?

Depends , are you on the spectrum?

I dunno but they did try to test me for Autism only to find out I got something called schizoid personality disorder so it's within the psychotic spectrum. Is it the right spectrum?

eh, it'll do