MOBA/Class Shooters

They are a thing and we know it, no need to go for the long stories or details, I am here to do some research when it comes to development, balance, etc., let's say someone wants to make their own.

We already have a phrase for those.

Cartoony
Roster of
Assorted
Player
Character
Underpinned
Netplay
Team
Shooters

you know I think I would like these games a lot more if there wasn't so much shit on the screen. just constant things popping up on screen instead of being able to see the game on top of the actual game being a mess of particle effects and bloom.

maybe I am already going senile but I dont remember TF2 having this much garbage on screen.

Overwatch sucks.

Please elaborate.

And yet for all that bullshit you posted ramping up to the point (I think) that "Overwatch is for casuals and equalizes all players by virtue of shit design," there are still overwhelmingly bad overwatch players and amazing overwatch players who are nearly impossible for casuals to beat. How is this possible? Maybe you just need to git fucking good?

There was a lot of non-arguement in your "arguement".

Yeah, I really feel TF2 didn't have as much shit on the screen. Firstly, it had a fully customizable HUD, so you could get the shit you didn't want off the screen. It had no fuckhueg hitmarkers, it didn't have the, again, fuckhueg healthbars over everything. You could also make your own viewmodel smaller, flip it, or remove it completely.
All of TF2's design used to spin around making the gameplay better, unlike Overwatch, where all of the design talent and time is spent to make the maps not look like a hallway, and make the single sided, uninteresting cast of diversity faggots pass off as actually interesting characters.

Which is shit and no one can be bothered to remember.

tf2's orignal design choice was to make everything as visable as posible.

I'd rather just call them assfaggot shooters, tbh.

It's called being concise. What you think is badly designed about Overwatch is just different than the games you're used to. You need to adopt a different style of play to be good at it and everyone here who's butthurt about auto-aim abilities or hitboxes or automatic "save your ass" buttons isn't getting it. You're too stuck in the mentality of how other shooters work to change your ways to be good at this one, so you think it's shit. Maybe it's not SUPPOSED to work like Quake or Unreal or Halo or COD or TF2. There are no strict rules about building games that slip comfortably into existing genres, just autists who make up rules in their heads and get mad when a game doesn't conform to them.

You know what my complaints about overwatch are? Its matchmaking is pretty garbage and constantly making bad matchups where one team is way more skilled or has far more playtime/experience than the other. I rarely get an evenly matched game. That's it.

Git. Gud.

Why not assblasters?

True.
Wow, that was concise.

You should be able to adapt to and win even shitty games, otherwise you're an embarrassment upon this community and your own misplaced pride.

Overwatch is just a marketing platform. Everything else is an afterthought.

OP, if you really have the capability to make games you should spend time crafting something that will be appealing to those who are burnt out on the shitty design of these shooters, rather than rushing to be twelfth in line to a 'genre' where it's common for the game to flop dead 48 hours after release.

how is Gigantic, i usually hate MOBAs but like the looks, still, expect a huge dissappointment

when I tried this game I desperately wanted to have fun, I got a shitload of gold medals regulalrly and I was having some small modicum of fun wiht a few of the characters(junkrat especially)but its simply a bad game for a very large variety of reasons and its not very fun

I know borderline retarded Bosnians who are pretty high in the Overwatch ranked ladder. I've also played Overwatch and had shit like 25+ killstreaks as Junkrat within my first ten games, because you can just spam pipes into chokes forever, and however shitty the trap is, if anyone steps into it, they're a free kill unless they're Mei, or you have actual brain damage.

That must be why no teams want to pick up competitive Overwatch teams.
Seriously, the game is so brain-dead that as long as your team sticks together you can't lose. The reason there are "bad" Overwatch players is because some people are literally incapable of learning from their mistakes or working as a team. Most of the time if I spammed the "group up with me" and my team listened there was no way we could lose since everyone else who plays the game wants to run around on their own as le epig bow guy. The only tactic that's required for your team to succeed is to stay together, protect Mercy, and move forward down the hallway until you reach the point. The only characters that can break this rule are Tracer and Reaper, who are allowed to run around and fuck with people because they have "fuck you" buttons that return them to their team where Mercy can heal them in a few seconds.

I just like the style and I think it can work with less retarded gameplay design, specially when it comes to the casual aspect that shouldn't just be the way to attract new players.

It's because sufficiently retarded players can stratify even the most compressed skill gap.

You sound like a humongous faggot that eats up whatever Actiblizzard shits on their plate. Even that garbage game Paladins has more ways to flank enemies in their maps instead of one big fucking door/choke point only few characters can get through and players can regen their HP out of combat trying to reduce the necessity for dedicated healers or ultimates that resurrect the entire fucking team it's still shit for many reasons but at least it's free unlike Overbotch. Here's your (you) you baiting double nigger.

The only good level in OW that did it better was Lunar Colony, and even then it is a 2CP map, the most unbalanced and one-sided game mode in the entire game, I broke free from OW after they broke performance with the introduction of Doomfist and the new highlight system, I used to have 120FPS on High settings, now I get 20 or less in Low settings, sometimes not even Lucioball was viable.

And that's not even counting the huge amount of balance issues the game has, the developers claim they want to balance on a middle ground between high level play and casual, but the accomplish none, a bunch of heroes dominate low level play even if they are garbage in higher level play, and the ones who dominate high level play are of course highly used in low level play as means to climb up anyway.

When the cross-classing sniper/healer far and away mathematically outclasses the dedicated support healer in heals/second, your game balance is fucked seven ways from Friday.

Ana's healing is not quite crippled but too many buffs on Mercy and dive comp in general have made her pretty irrelevant, nerfing her damage output instead of her healing also meant her survivability and skill play are also crippled.

Battleborn is better

It might be, but nobody plays it a multiplayer game with no players is a huge problem.

Exactly, on the other hand you have OW which has tons of player but increases your stress levels in multiple ways quite easily.

Trips confirm
Also, shit thread for shit games, check these dubs.

I am only researching.

No
Fuckoff

You say it as if I was fully able to do it, of course, I can just add whatever stuff only I like, but that would be no fun, if they are not your kind of game, then is OK.

Wow look at all of this outdated information coupled with people being assblasted about being bad at the video game.

Kill yourself.

Map layouts haven't changed much, I mean, old maps barely changed, Lunar Colony was OK, shit game mode, Eichenwalde got a small entrance and is slightly less biased against ATK teams, but the game is getting worse lately, I used to play it a lot and even I can admit the glaring flaws.

Yes, let the tears flow as your butt is ravaged

ONLY
ONE
FOURTH

I can get that, but a lot of the complaints about "attacks so big they can't miss" in the fourth picture is pretty blatantly just being bad at the game or just not knowing how it works. But that's not shocking since nobody on Holla Forums plays video games, so they wouldn't bother to know that and just parrot "hurr it's bad" because someone made a bunch of long posts.

Hanzo's arrows were big, then got smaller but they reverted them in a later patch, still not exactly the most glaring flaw in the balance department right now, I have to admit, too many weapons and abilities take no aim or poor aiming and are very rewarding, OW developers can't do balance for shit and only do rebalances about things they like or dislike, they even go as far as to say "you were all playing this hero the wrong way, we are taking away the fun now" while still not touching the ones that actually do too much or too little (having a whole class that is completely underused for example.)

Ever TAed a Supporptfaggot into submission with the massive girth of your arty spam in whats probably the best RTT ever conceived?
Ever crushed puny humans under cinder blocks as you spam zombies?
Ever kicked a Goblin in the dick after freezing his pals?

If you can spam a shit-ton of images about how the game is shit then you don't actually have to elaborate on it and be knowledgeable about it on your own, don'tchaknow.

There fix'd it for you.
TF2 exists to sell hats. Nothing more.

Just remake Overwatch on source.

Why source? it seems to have terrible hit detection to begin with, I'd rather take my chances with Unreal Engine.

because its already been done
its called tf2 :^)

I'd rather transfer TF2 to UE4 then.