Missed Classics

I was too poor for vidya growing up. What classic games do I need to play? So far I played
I had a lot of fun but I know there are more I should play.

What consoles do you have?

Someone make a loss with the consoles

I have a computer that can emulate most games. I got a really cheap ps3 too.

Try Drakengard and simpsens hit run

Resident Evil Remake, 2, 3, and 4.
Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3
Onimusha
Okami HD
Paper Mario TTYD
Chrono Trigger
Live A Live
Super Metroid
Castlevania 1, 3, 4
This list is only a fragment of what you need to play.

But Okami HD ruins the ending

Banjo Kazooie (N64)
Spyro 1/2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Gex 2
Silent Hill 1/2/3 (2/3 on PC, get the fixes on PCGW)
Resident Evil 1/2/3
Fallout 1/2 (PC)
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy 7/9
Final Fantasy Tactics

Should be enough to get you started. They're all playstation games unless otherwise noted.

Gex sucks dude

Oh, and Chrono Trigger should be listed as SNES, which is better than the PSX port as it has instant loading.

You had to have grown up in the early 90s to get it, tbh.

Just a bunch I came up with off the top of my head.

Gex 1 is okay

No it sucks, nostslgia doesn't make a game good. The camera sucks, controls suck and evrey line Gex spouts is a cringy outdated popculture reference

Of course not, the good gameplay make it good.
The camera is no worse than any other 3d platformer. Set it to Manual.
Nope, they're very tight. The real problem is that on OG hardware, the game has constant heavy FPS drops which make the controls feel slippery. Use a proper emulator like Beetle PSX, enable CPU overclocking, and you'll be playing at a solid 30fps with none of those control-shitting frame drops.
Like I said, you had to be there.

this shit IS cringe

I'd argue that unironically hating Dana Gould is the epitome of "cringe", my young friend.

I've played pretty much all the classic PC games, I can't think of any I haven't. Only two really had any staying power and that's thief 1 & 2. It's interesting to see how such a historied platform has such a shit catalog of games.

Who?

why is Holla Forums's entry barrier so low, casuls get out

Name 30 good Wonderswan titles

thats bullshit and you know
you can still like yo! noid 2 and not have been born in the early 90's to like it.

It's a fucking travesty, I know. But the rest of the game is so beautiful.

Everyone's also suggested most of the games I would have, but I guess there's
>if you happen to like star wars, kotor i+ii and battlefront i+ii it's still on my backlog but people always reccommend republic commando
If you ever consider playing a ____ kart game, play Crash Team Racing instead
If somebody tells you to play Goldeneye 007 look for the mouse injector hack because it's shit without it

Name 30 Virtual Boy titles.
>captcha still hasn't been replaced with an embedded emulator that forces you to beat a randomly selected excluding sports game

What games do you like then?

That was made less than a month ago. Why are you shilling that in every "retro games" thread?

THIS NIGGER KNOWS HIS SHIT OP, LISTEN TO HIM

All I can add is that along with the Castlevanias he posted, you'll need some Castlevania Bloodlines, and Castlevania Chronicles.

Even the Asia/Pacific physical copy has Reset removed if you're playing via the English script. Not sure why Capcom keeps opting to not relicense the song for westerners (then again, it's fucking Capcom, so that might be the answer in itself; too cheap to even give us a native physical release of the PS3 version anyhow).

Play Wind Waker too nigger. It's probably the easiest of the Zeldas, but its one of the best nonetheless.

I was wondering the same thing. I grew up exclusively with Nintendo consoles. What are some games on other consoles that I can enjoy, or would most of them require that I grew up with them? Basically just give me a list of the Playstation, Xbox, and PC games worth playing.