When was the last time you pirated a game and liked it so much that you went and bought it?

When was the last time you pirated a game and liked it so much that you went and bought it?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamsales.rhekua.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

game?

I did this for Volgarr the Viking, Dark Souls, Speedrunners, Killing Floor, Terraria, Stalker, Street fighter 4, Hotline Miami and Subnautica.
I guess Subnautica was the last one.

I'm planning to buy Factorio, but the devs are refusing to do a discount sale since they're huge jews, so maybe I wont.

Never. Go fuck yourself.

MGSV
I was pretty close to buying Nier Automata, but the PC port is just so shit I can't do it.

Dwarf Fortress.

It makes sense since they're already selling at a low price. When you make it clear your shit won't go on sale, people will buy it as soon as they want it instead if waiting for a sale. Plus it would be kinda shitty for their early backers to give newcomers the same gamer for less, unless they bumped up the price first and occasionally did sales at the original price.

That is how I generally do things. This year, I did so for Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Vanquish and Rez Infinite (although the reputation of the last two preceded them).
I'll consider getting The Surge and Hellblade on a serious sale, maybe.

Rebel Galaxy. I'll save you the gushing because I already posted about it here

Shit was only $20 too and isn't early access. I swear 70% of the games on Steam right now are $49.99 Early Access garbage.

Vanquish, I think.

When you discount a game, that is the new base price that the majority of buyers are now going to wait for, and with handy tools like steamsales.rhekua.com/ the entire price history of every steam game is at your fingertips, so you know to never pay more. What that means is that when the game isn't currently at the discount (which has become the new base price), nobody fucking buys it. There's also a sizeable portion of the PC market that will just refuse to pay full retail for any game, because they know it'll have a ~50% discount or more within a year, plus the game will have been patched, so it's an all-around better deal to just wait.

Or you can price your game out the door what you feel it's worth with the amount of hours your average player will get out of the game, and then announce that there will not be any discounts. And do you know what happens? The people who wanted the game who would normally wait for discounts buy it immediately, as well as people don't feel bad about being early adopters. With nearly every other EA game, early adopters get fucked over because they're paying more for less, while the smart buyer who waited the game out and bought it at a hefty discount got a much better deal.

If you feel Factorio is worth $20, buy it, and you'll never have buyer's remorse about it going on sale a short time later. If you don't think it's worth your $20, just pirate it.

Grim dawn, I could even still play my pirated character in the legit version.

I would have bought that game if it didnt have denuvo Good thing I didnt because the game started crashing every 5 min a few hours into the game. What a piece of shit port

Terraria,dark souls(for mp and it cost like 5c).

For me at least, Factorio was worth it as I've put well over 200 hours into it since buying it.

Brigador: Up-Armored. The devs definitely deserved my $20, considering how long it's been since I felt compelled to buy a game.

Rebel Galaxy is wasted potential the game. I want to brain the moron who decided it shouldn't be a flatout space dogfighting game, or a naval combat game, but a space naval combat game.
It sucks too because I have no other qualms with the game.

Yeah, me too.
shame there's no torrent for the audiobook

Hollow Knight, Vanquish (PC), and a few indie games this year.
Piracy is just a glorified demo.

I'm having a hard time seeing where your point of contention is.

It does not work when the game is so easy and samey.

Low Magic Age. It was mega cheap, too. I wanted all of the constant updates and I had no reason not to buy it.

I did that many times, but only when I could find really good prices. For instance, when there was a Steam sale of Crysis 1/Warhead/2 for like $2 each. Cheapskate master race.

mount and blade, mostly because it was like a dollar
i'd buy rimworld too, if it wasn't a weeks worth of real life food

Did that a couple of times, but the most recent was nice datamining thread you have here

Senran Shinovi Versus, but a big part of that was because saving didn't work on the pirated version.

Underrail. I was stuck because of a glitch and the bugfix was out, but not in any torrent I could find, so I figured out I'd pay for once.

Let's also not forget that there are things like HumbleBundle and G2A which also reduces the price of a game, and I bet there is a direct correlation between a HB and the low prices on G2A.

Dunno about killing norks, but here are some games with beautiful beaches:

also fuck this thread

I bought SupCom + FA some time late last year.
Factorio and Rimjobworld are two games I'm going to buy as soon as they leave early access.

If you soldiered through the awful port you would have found it's more infuriating that anything else anyway. Which would be fine since it's what the series is about, but automata was supposed to improve it, but instead of fixing the tedium, it just cranked the uniqueness to obnoxious levels.
I wanted to like it, goddamit.

Hated how repetitive this game was. Should have been about airships instead of spaceships.

Just tonight, actually.

Not saying what game though, but it was a $40 purchase.

I'm still sad there's no beach level in a Jet Set Radio game. Out Run 2 is fucking good looking for how old it is, though. Loads of fun to blaze on down the road.

How would that have changed anything? Then it would be the same repetitive gameplay but with a different skin.

I forgot to add "too" in the end of my sentence. In any case it's simply for pure novelty. How many naval airship battle sims are out there? It'll also look pretty with the right art direction unlike space games which I think has already been exhausted both in art and graphics.

Euro Truck Simulator 2.
This was before they started being jewish by the way, If I had pirated the game 1 year later I wouldn't have bought the game because of the DLC kikery.

MGSV was disappointing but fun before they started recycling things.
Nier Automata was just shit and the faggots who praise it are really just there for the top quality ass.

Furi

hotline miami and some other game

none. all games are leftist propaganda.

Undertale.
I'm not even kidding.
Played the demo just before the full game released. Pirated it on Day1.
Bought it way after all the faggotry happened for like 10 bucks. Just because I liked Toby Fucks and wanted to donate 10 bucks to him directly.

Witcher 3. I just didnt have a heart to do that to polacks

Get out