Halo SPV3

What do you all think of it? Favorite/least favorite addition?

A halo 1 mod that has been in development for 10 years

Download:
mediafire.com/file/6d72w3mus8o71d5/SPV3.1.0b.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/95vbtqn96cp81p3/SPV3.1.0e.zip
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzKbnKRsN0CIUkpNSXJWeDFWMUU/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I prefer the Halo mod for Sins of a Solar Empire. Halo 4 put me off Halo FPSes for a while, and seeing what Halo 5 was put me off even further.

Didn't they just pack it in in the end?

I like the addition of the guns from later games, but there are like 3 ARs in the game now and it can be annoying.

Also did they add whole new sections to the levels? I dont remember there being so much stuff in the first level. And i CERTAINLY dont remember facing hunters in the first level.

What do you mean?

Yes they expanded most of the levels with oc areas. I downloaded it yesterday unfortunately my toaster can't handle it as framerate dips and stutters constantly. I beat the first level and am working on the 2nd.

They basically perfected the equipment pickup system, and the friendly AI is noticeably more competent and deadly. The aesthetic is also perfect, something 343 messed up when they remade CE.

The sandbox expansion is hit and miss. On the one hand I like how it feels to play Brutes and Skirmishers-they are more fun than in Reach-and the attempt to include those and other weapons from the lore are nice.

But while I like their ideas I can't really get behind the completely new weapons they've put in. The new grenades especially are cool and fill a different niche but there's a too many weapons with overlapping purposes. They could have made an attempt to include more Brute weapons from Halo 3 instead of coming up with new versions like another needler, or another plasma pistol.

How is that mod now? I remember looking at it a couple years ago and thinking it would be a good way to kill some time but it was very basic and only half finished. Is it more complete/balanced now?

It just got a "final" release now, user. All the levels are now done, apparently.

I don't understand why all the fanboys say that 343 should learn from that remake. How is all that shit (bringing content from other Halo games into the first game) a good thing?

Is it less cancer than in Halo 3 and Reach?
I disagree. I liked what they did in CE:A.

Newer installer, fixes some issues with controllers and the installer.
Still needs a CD key for the Halo CE install, this one should work:
mcxmm-y29c6-dr36c-b6w4t-t9p73

I'm a retard.
mediafire.com/file/95vbtqn96cp81p3/SPV3.1.0e.zip

Just seems to be VISR, Sprint and Health Regen at the moment. VISR and Sprint being the only actives, Health Regen just lets you regen your HP back up to yellow levels to get rid of that annoying heartbeat, and to not, y'know, instantly die.

Apart from that I think they did pretty well all things considered, its fun to play.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzKbnKRsN0CIUkpNSXJWeDFWMUU/view
Theres a link to a torrent (that I used) that is WAY fucking faster than mediafire. If there are still seeders at least.

speaking of the ARs, there is loads of ammo for the one with the underbarrel grenade launcher. yet it only appears in b30

Again this pissed me off, the piercer was just a burst fire needler, the shredder was a full auto needler with no homing. At least the spiker was interesting i n that it's a phsyical projectile that works well against both shields and flesh

Only issue is that it seems the entire thing is built around regen. Shit like the sparrowhawk was annoying and didn't really fit. Not to mention they used the vehicle that's been available as a tag for HCE for years and didn't fix any of the issues with it concerning collision

The mod is a overall "meh" for me because Waiting so long for the 2nd half I couldn't be arsed to replay the first half. and noble is really eh when they come to encounter designs in the new area.

The flood while cool pretty much every elite form had shielding on noble and every odst form had the infection form sack on it's back. To exasperate it in the maw when you're in the belly of the ship and you get that long dark area with all the infected jackals that don't stop spawning it gets annoying and I eventually just ran past them, hucked a grenade in the corridor you're meant to go down, run through the infection forms, spin around and hose them down with the flamethrower

Which level is this for non modfags?

Does this mod have multiplayer or nah?

It's a campaign mod, so no

I like some of the additions from other halo titles like destroyable vehicles and hijacking, the new enemies and some of the level changes are actually quite fun, but overall it feels like an unpolished bloated mess, both aestethically and from a gameplay/balance standpoint, the pacing especially is horrendous and the difficulty levels are fucked up.

It's still worth playing, but if you want the definitive halo pc experience just play the original campaign trough Custom Edition (search for Moses fixed campaign port), you just need to use universal ui + open sauce/anticheat + the latest version of chimera + Halo CE mouse tool for interpolated animations, controller support, fov switch and a lot of other fixes for the shitty gearbox port.

Oh well, I'll play it still

CE:A was nice but hit and miss. Character models were a letdown and the studios doubled down on the over-designed Reach armor sets, which made a lot of jarring clashes like the Elite armors and the Scorpion tank.

Also the introduction of the Flood is much better in the old style, vid related.

Silent Cartographer.

Custom Edition itself has lots of multiplayer mods. Shame the online is pretty much dead and only inhabited by spics with 300 ping that only play stock maps

for all your online halo needs

H:O isn't Custom Edition and it's really pale in comparison to what you cna do in CE. Forge is a jeb tier object editor and can't hold a candle to what a proper editing kit can provide. Not to mention adding maps to H:O isn't viable. The last bit is it's been how long since a new version and they styill haven't rolled out 6.0 yet?

Yeah there's Project Cartographer and HCE in the thread, H:O is only the OP