Morrowind Multiplayer

Get in here n'wahs, it's time to make Morrowind great again

steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti
github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp

Edit: removed reddit/discord links

I'd like to give this a try but I remember fuck all about Morrowind.

There was some real great stuff going on with a Holla Forums server about a week back. Is that Holla Forums server still up?

I don't think so.

the server had issues with characters corrupting and people fuckign the server up by summoning a lot of dremora in a location and lagging the game badly, the owner was never heard of and probably gave up on the server.

Smhtbqh fam that mod is probably really buggy and shit.
Besides ESO just works.

Sorry, Todd. It's not a mod; it's an engine recreation. You've got no control over it.

Are you absolutely sure, user?

Yup, absolutely sure. Zenimax Media Inc. don't have grounds for a lawsuit against OpenMW/OpenMW-TES3MP any more than Microsoft have grounds for a lawsuit against LibreOffice.

If you want to shit up the thread then at least bump it

I'd unironically play Oblivion mp

I think i found major flaw with "when you hit you still miss" thingy.
It would be reasonable if when it rolled miss then character would play dodge animation.

the cancer is real

its boring as fuck and there is nothing to do but to run around stealing the expensive shit to train your stats to cap

it needs content before anything

I agree with this guy because I'm sick of all fucking politics

You're fucking retarded

dropped, if you unironically use discord you should jump off a cliff

Wow, what a novel concept that literally gets posted in every single Morrowind thread on Holla Forums unless this is bait, in which case 7/10

This, shitposting in Balmora is only fun for about 10-15 minutes then it's boring as fuck. It's kinda fun going dungeon diving with a group of anons but eventually everybody just ends up fucking around in Balmora and nobody wants to do anything besides put 100pt locks on all the doors

To: psi29a
CC: zini
Subject: RE: Open MW – android
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:26:57 +0000

Hey Bret/Marc

Talked with our folks here. Here’s the basic gist.

Where folks would take issue is if the focus of your work is creating an optimized experience of Morrowind on platforms other than PC – be it the Android, a homebrew project on handheld, or some other device. I don’t think this should be an issue because as you guys have described to me, your work is moving in other directions – being able to build an all-new game around the engine. And since the PC is the intended platform for Morrowind, we have no issues how you proceed with the project on that platform. Heck, it’s pretty cool.

And we fully understand that based on the architecture of the engine, that Morrowind could be played on other platforms, and there’s not really anything that can be done about that. As that’s the case, we’d simply ask that Morrowind and its assets not be the poster child for your project on other platforms.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks and best of luck on the project

Matt

Are they quietly working on openmw for android, or will beth fuck their ass if development goes forward?

Do not do this.

From what I understand, Zenimax knows that the OpenMW team's work could be used to port the game to other platforms such as Android, and it could be done by anybody at any time, and unless the OpenMW devs are directly facilitating it, then Zenimax has no case. The most that Zenimax can do is ask the team to not use any content relating to Morrowind if they are to showcase their engine running on Android. So they can make any original assets they want, import it to their engine, and advertise that, and it wouldn't pose any legal problem.

You guys are disappointment.

For no fucking reason i am going to post here cheeky vodka nigger montage.

I tried this but don't feel like grinding. Is there a cheat table usable with this game or anything I can use because everything is client side but the command prompt is disabled

You're are so fucking far from achieving CHIM it's not even funny.

Dueling with you fags was fun tho.
I wish death wasn't so punishing, the whole thing definitely needs some polish.
Imagine making newbies fight in a pit and tossing coins and gear at the winner.

What if this is all of Todd's doing to beta test this concept?

Why can't we do that?

Todd is probably waiting for the multiplayer to be full developed to C&D it and add that stuff in their new game.

I remember something about reverse engineering in the EULA.

Did they make alchemy any less broken for the sake of balance?

Nope, one user reached level 67 by abusing the alchemy skill last time.

Alright, I'm a bit tempted to see if punching someone with a ludicrously high strength value will crash the server.

because nobody developed the content yet. The OpenMW Example Suite is at 0.18 and is growing very slowly.

It would be possible to make a level cap / attribute cap / skill cap with server-side scripts , so the exploiting can be relatively easily dealt with.

not likely

How playable is this shit?

The main quest is broken.But everything else works. Even the bugs and glitches are intact. So dupe away at your leisure.

So I could fuck around with other quests and guilds still?

Should I finish the singleplayer first?

Aren't there any clientside exploits?

i refuse to play anything with people that have anime avatars.

pure cancer

I would make a server but I don't want people from here to know my IP

nobody cares faggot.

I would imagine those wanting a Holla Forums server care…

Yes.

Yeah, you should try beating the game single player first for the experience. Afterwards you'll get the memes and jokes if you play multiplayer.

Duping, stat-cheats, pretty much everything that was already there to begin with.

Nice bait, learn to post in the right thread.

Nobody will care or bother to trace it unless its in the middle of bum-fucking siberia or in Africa. Since that will be a detriment for everyones ping. The server might get doxxed or some scriddie will try something but if you have enough protection/maintenance it won't be a problem.

You're not even hosting a server so why do you insist on blithering about it? Saying "I thought about doing something, but I didn't" is an empty, useless statement and serves nothing but to waste peoples time reading through your cock-gargling ramblings.

Also
Just leave and never come back.

Go fuck yourself!

I played this a few weeks ago when some user kept a thread and server up and running. Is custom shit like enchantments/spells synced yet?

No, which is something I wish I had known ahead of time. It's still workable for spellcraft and alchemy, though it can be expensive and annoying to recreate every time you start a session. Enchanting is particularly useless though since it means your enchanted gear disappears the moment you log out. That's just too expensive of a loss to have consistently.
I can live with saving my ingredients for when I need them and having to recreate the spells I want whenever I start, but re-finding the gear, the soul-gems, and filling them on top of the actual cost of enchantment for several pieces of gear is just too much to be practical.

They said it'd be out by the end of the month.
I sure hope so, i've been playing this with a friend and we've been noticing items vanishing from cells once you fill them up too much.
Left my daedric helmet on a table and it faded into literal Oblivion.

Are you fucking retarded? Just leave you stupid fucking normalfag.

Is the server running TR and the other landmass mods yet? please don't let this die before the mod has a chance to become something truly great

A-user…

Just filter him.

Is it dead already, or will the hostfag come back?

Not really, everything you described here could apply to any TES game.

The real issue with Morrowind is that its not really a sandbox and that's why when you go multiplayer it falls apart. If it were a true sandbox you'd have the same thing you see with the WURM community on this site where people are actively building shit and helping. All Multiplayer proved as how bad the TES formula is and why its always been a rather shallow experience all along.

0.7 out yet?

The admin stopped coming three days in a row, then the server was down for good.
Get hosting guys!

The redditors are here