Video games with suicide mechanics

Noah Green
Noah Green

Some times i just wanna scream at this board "i want to die", but the thread would be deleted for shitposting.

Anyway, what are the best games where you can kill yourself?

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

Dark Souls,good luck Chosen Undead. :^)

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

Probably any horror game, but one that actually has a suicide mechanic, well there is Dragon's Dogma but only at the ending of the game.

Isaac Carter
Isaac Carter

playing Dragon's Dogma endgame
use Godsbane randomly for the fuck of it
my pawns all start wailing at me as I kill myself
mfw imagine how confused and distraught they would be in reality
I have never felt so legitimately awful for something I did in a video game.

Henry Gutierrez
Henry Gutierrez

In no more room in hell if you hold "k" i think you could shoot yourself in the head.

Anthony Martinez
Anthony Martinez

Fallout 3™

Camden Young
Camden Young

The Sims

Gabriel Smith
Gabriel Smith

NieR Automata lets you remove your OS Chip.

All 3D GTA games let you jump off buildings, run into traffic, get suicided by cop etc.

Silent Hill 2 deals with depression and suicide.

Owen Garcia
Owen Garcia

Nioh has an item that makes you commit harakiri.

Josiah Butler
Josiah Butler

in crusader kings 2, if your character is depressed, you have an option to commit suicide

Aiden Ramirez
Aiden Ramirez

MGS3

Logan Davis
Logan Davis

Team Fortress 2 (and really most Valve games) let you bind a suicide console-command to any key, I like to use it after a bombjump as Soldier or Demoman to launch a corpse at a thousand miles an hour into the enemy base for giggles. Soldier's taunt-kill with one of the pickaxes, as well, or weapons that inflict self-damage.

William Brooks
William Brooks

Nier Automata has a self-destruct feature…that doesn't actually cause you to self destruct and you survive and continue playing after activating it, so I don't really know what they were going for there.

Dominic Gray
Dominic Gray

The game-over you can get from killing Ocelot while he's unconscious at the beginning caught me by surprise, I didn't think about that it would pretty much just nullify the events of the entire series until the game started screaming at me about time paradoxes. Temporal suicide by nullifying the timeline?

Mason Robinson
Mason Robinson

The actual fucking selling point of a game made for children.

Carter Jones
Carter Jones

In DayZ you could shoot yourself in the head.

You could also attempt to be friendly, 9 times out of 10 it was a bullet or an axe in the back.

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

Is it just me or are those suicide animations taken from Cry of Fear?

Lucas Walker
Lucas Walker

Nah, it reminds me of it too. But I don't think it's directly taken from that.

William Harris
William Harris

hop in a car in gta iv and crash it

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

Karoshi. The whole game revolves around killing your own character. It's a puzzle platformer.

Michael Myers
Michael Myers

2 > Suicide Salaryman > 1

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

Is this mod actually coming out or what?

Jack Jenkins
Jack Jenkins

Doesn't it blow off the skirt?

James Sanders
James Sanders

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and Yume Nikki. Also while not a good game, in Trespasser it's possible to turn your gun on yourself.

Yup.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

the video I linked is almost three years old now
the mod itself has been in development for something like half a decade now
feels bad man

Ryder Peterson
Ryder Peterson

Their animator posts updates every few months, but yes, the development is slow as fuck.

Dylan Garcia
Dylan Garcia

You can't rush quality, especially when its free content.

Jonathan Nguyen
Jonathan Nguyen

I know, but would it kill them to do a partial release?

Christian Rodriguez
Christian Rodriguez

Yes, just like it killed most Early Access games.
Let them have a finished polished release with some bugs instead of a buggy unfinished mess.

Nathaniel Morales
Nathaniel Morales

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I remember that it was explained ingame as a capsule of cyanide hidden inside one of your teeth so that you could off yourself if the nazi captured you, it's a small detail that I still find memorable.

Justin Fisher
Justin Fisher

I'm now just imagining an action hero guy with one of his teeth completely replaced by a capsule of cyanide.

Jonathan Price
Jonathan Price

I think it had something like where you had a cyanide capsule in your teeth. I think you could also use it somehow.

Or maybe I'm thinking if another game. It's been a while.

Oliver Thompson
Oliver Thompson

In GTAV multiplayer you can kill yourself. The first time's free, but every time after that you have to pay 100 GTAbucks for the privilege of eating a bullet or a cyanide pill.

Isaac Peterson
Isaac Peterson

Bloodborne with that one katana
indego prophecy

Brayden Collins
Brayden Collins

Yes, just like it killed most Early Access games.

… by having it turn out that the developer never seriously intended to finish it and that they've really just been stringing people along with the promise of its being finished?