POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: DA1 ONE

So, today the Pokémon World Championship begins. We had a lot of fun watching it last year. Today is the first day, so the crazy happenings and most amusing teams happen today. Will a super meta Tapu team win? Or will we have another anti-meta team win? Which nation will take the trophy? The opening is about to start too. There is also the chance of USUM news, so there is that.

Here are the links to the streams:

twitch.tv/pokemonvgc

pokemonchampionships.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/pokemonvgc
serebii.net/news/2017/15-August-2017.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

News so far from Ishihara

Masuda on Stage now!

Can't wait to see some "diverse meta"

Masuda News:

I am very hyped for Kommo-o's Z move, will he finally make an impact? Will it stop being a shitmon? I hope so!

Day One is actualy fun, 2 and 3 are pretty shitty thought. Last year the winner wasn't a Big 6 team so, who knows?

Video For Kommo-o's Z-move. This pleases me greatly, the cucked the poor thing out of Shell Smash and while SS is slightly better since it doesn't lock you on Z-Stone this will an interesting addition. At least it will be better, I hope it goes Meta.

So Shell Smash/White Herb combo (that was only possible by opponents in Battle Tree)- but even better?

I mean, I'm a Kommo-O fan, but Christ that sounds OP.

This Meta has changed more than the previous one. While they are usually variations on FAKEPG or FAPKEG, at least you get variations and upsets.

Once they allow the other gens, shit will go back to the last gen's meta - Plus Tapus and Beasts.

After trying to grind up stuff, I'm tempted to go back to high risk/reward teams and actually enjoy it (Simple Swoobat Baton Passing onto Mega Gardevoir or something that can unleash a powerful "all opponent" attacks)

It does sound really OP but Tapus can cuck him out before using it. I think it will become a risky thing to do, at least in doubles. Assuming that you ALWAYS get the boosts, the move is a one time +5. I would still love Shell Smash but the combo of both of this things would be OP. Now, what it really needs is coverage moves, name Iron Head or something kill fairies.

Vanilluxe is a valid pokemon.

Don't forget Psych Up- I think most of the Tapus can learn it and some other surprising things.

Wide Guard* , Psych Up and even Punishment might become more viable after this. Along with Ice/Fairy Pokes able to KO it first. Which in turn could shake things up (more follow me, etc)

* Do we even know if the boost goes off if it doesn't cause damage?

Partner it with Scizor maybe? (Is it faster than Lele since it can't use Bullet Punch?)

You need a combo of fast Steel and Poison would aid it- but those words rarely combo together. Or just Follow Me until it sets up.

In theory:
Kommo-o @ Kommoium (Soundproof)
Clanging Scales
Poison Jab
[Free Slot]
Protect

Clefable @ Toxic Orb/Leftovers (Magic Guard)
Follow Me
Psych Up
Meteor Mash
[Free Slot]

God damn I know these people are autists, but it always makes me tear-up seeing people enjoying themselves.

I don't know. I would if Boosts happen regarless of the outcome of the move. Kommo-o really needs this. Man I wish it does, Here are some calcs:

Not that, this is a Kommo-o with no EV investment, and it only looses to Fini. Really, wha Kommo-o needs is a strong Fairy Killer. Poison Jab is fine but I feel it could be better. Both Iron Tail and Gunk Shot are Move Tutors, if it gets them… I think it will make a splash, even if it is a meme set

Am I retarded? None of the streams are working.

It will likely be some mixed set to catch things off guard. How much does it do to unaware clefable?

Nevermind, fucking VPNs. I am retarded.

twitch.tv/pokemonvgc
Is working fine with me. They are just talking about shit right now, so you are not missing much.

It also dies to one Moonblast, Clef is a problem for set up sweepers. Duggtrio might become Kommo-o's new Best Friend.

twitch.tv/pokemonvgc

Wolf, the Champion is on

FIRST MATCH IS STARTING

Shit- that's awesome. Clearly it's set up for Ryuki/Dragon Rock Star in game.

Also- I'd bet the Z Move requires Clanging Scales to use.
Which seems to make it a special attacker- but it's not limited to it. If anything- physical is better as a Tapu-breaker (assuming it can go first) and overall damage, but you have the option to throw people off by being special, physical, or mixed.
In addition- you've got Soundproof, Bulletproof, and Overcoat if you want options to switch in on.

And as you said- could be a meme like Z-Splash Mimikyu. Hell, it still has Dragon Dance- combo it with Heal Pulse or Follow Me from an ally and how big can it get?
IMO it's use as a "Psych-Up bank" is more valuable than it as an attacker.

Only issue is the ugly as hell shiny

Mixed DD set maybe, depends if it gets the boosts before or after damage. Shame it gets like no good physical attacks.

It is better tha Z-splash, at least. Since you have 4 moves after the act plus the nuke. It certainly go mixed. No, fix his Movepool and he goes big!

Watching this it's clear using at least one of the FAKEPG members is in your favor.
So is it worth raising them in-game, if only so they can be added to whatever team you want?

I think that Arcanine, Kartana and P2 have space on most teams. Well, P2 is better to TR but that is very common on VGC

Seems to get the boost after the move.
And on physical- yeah, not half. Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Iron Tail/Head and Poison Jab are it's only options.

Maybe Dragon Tail if you really don't want something in- but it'll go last.

Wew

lol flinch

Oh boy, more players who don't actually like pokemon using hacked mons. How fun.

100% flinch rate

What, you think he's cheating?

It's VGC user, most of them are cheating.

Vids & Screenshots on Serebii show:
- Dusk Lycanroc has Tough Claws as it's ability. With a decent Speed stat- that could be devastating. On paper, Speed + Sp.Atk - Nature is best for it.
- Necrozma seen at the Sun/Moon shrine.
- Following Pokemon return (or at least a Growlithe).
- Alola Photo Club (take pictures standing next to your Pokemon, make them pose, add filters, backgrounds, and effects).
- Protag is seen talking to the 3 starter Pokemon- but not on the stage in Iki Town.
- Protag talking to Ryuki in an unknown building.
- A tent/circus like building.
- Music is more like usual Pokemon games than the tropical theme of the games- same with the UI.

The above was shown without lag. Whether it does in game- who knows.

Don't forget P2 can also undo an opponents TR if you don't want it.

But… isn't that the point of the game? Raising pokemon?

They might be cheat via generation. But they are still "legal".
They basically have all legal moves & stats- but skip over raising it.

In game sure.
For tournaments/online- it doesn't matter how you got there- just that the end Pokemon is legal.

This gen is worse for it since there's very few places for rematches & high level opponents (the elite 4, the director, and the battle buffet- all 50-65 ish). Fine to get it to 50- but you need to get it to 100 if you want to use Hyper Training instead of breeding.

You'd think but that's apparently not what VGC is about.

Technically no pokemon generated by any method other than legit obtain in game isn't legal, according to the rules. It's not suddenly legal to stab someone if you get away with it.

This was the guy who finally admitted "use what's good" rather than your faves during the legendary allowed previous gen tournaments.

Wonder if his Garchomp has King's Rock.

That's not a very fair comparison and it also makes no sense.

The problem is that a well made injected pokemon are impossible to detect if well made. GF and pretty much everyone knows that people inject but can't prove it unless you are dumb.

RS is not affected by it.

Remember to praise the CHOMP!

i bet you are trying to understand it too

Which is a fine rule… They can't enforce.

Team full of shinies with perfect IVs? In theory- the guy could have spent the hours doing that.
Wouldn't be so bad- but people have entered with Pokemon with illegal Pokeballs and they let it slide (i.e. is in a Pokeball that would be impossible for the moves it has if transferred from old games)- then ask a guy to not use a Pokemon because he mis-wrote it's nickname on the submission sheet.

No illegal Pokemon is has been used… because the hacks appear legit.

I just want them to run a Battle Factory tournament with random teams.

You might not like the comparison, but it's fair. Both are illegal actions and neither are suddenly legal just because no one got caught.

Wrong, an illegal pokemon has been used, it's just that no one was caught. If I buy a bunch of illegal drugs but don't get caught did I not buy illegal drugs?

Que?
Sure there's Bullet Punch, Lele's terrain stops that.
Plus Arcanine is super popular last I checked. Has he been dropped?

Fucking hell

buzzswole outta nowhere

No, they're not illegal because the outcome is the same regardless.

Well, Rizo was probably pardoned because he was a 3 times world champion. It was quite the scandal.

Why use it over Bewear?
Bewear's bulk makes it better (both share a fire weakness and a crippling Sp.Def)- right?

HackingVGCfag detected. Sorry nigger, illegal is still illegal even if it has the same outcome. If I use an illegal gun to shoot a man legally and he should have been shot because he was trespassing or what have you I'd still be in deep shit for having an illegal gun and using it to kill him, but I guess it's all okay because I never got caught and the outcome was the same right?

VGCfags can't into morality.

I hate 'em too, but you can't do anything about it. As long as they don't take the piss (all shinies or illegal balls) it doesn't effect the game IMO.

Let's all just enjoy the show rather than argue with folks who won't budge.

Also how is the "outcome the same" if you wouldn't even HAVE the fucking pokemon?

Its called consequentialism and its a perfectly valid moral framework.

Yeah the second I posted that I remembered Leech Life got the biggest fucking buff and Beast Boost.

Bewear's only use is in Trick Room- but even then Curse or even just Belly Drum Snorlax can do it's job better minus the typing.

Sure you would, if you were autistic enough to grind for them.

Yeah, "fuck you, got mine" is so valid. How old are you?

No, YOU wouldn't because apparently you're too cool to raise Pokemon.

I have things to do, not everyone gets neet bux.

Also:
And you call others autistic.

For VGC players the point of the game is to battle. I'm pretty sure almost everyone who can make it to top 8 at Worlds practices on Showdown before injecting their teams on a hacked console/cart then trading them to a legit console/cart so they can compete. Ultimately their Pokemon look identical to a normally bred team in every way unless they do some dumb shit like Porygon in a beast ball so no one does anything about it.

Wait, does Kommo-O's new Z-Move still use the same dance as Dragon Z-Moves?

I thought unique Z-Moves got their own dances?
Or was that just the editing.

So if you have things to do then why do you waste your time playing competitive Pokemon? You're clearly so much better than Pokemon and it's players.

How does one inject anyway?
IIRC, you modify your router and use program to spoof an official Nintendo Event- right?

its more like, "if the outcome is identical, the method is irrelevant."

Unique z-moves still use their type dance.

I don't, I'm just arguing on the internet. I don't actually play outside of the battle tree.

Sounds like your own spin on it champ, I was going of the textbook definition. But this is common, idiots using massive moral questions posed by people actually struggling with real issues and then reapplying it to their pathetic nothing lives where their struggles are winning at competitive Autistmon.

Oh- so it's only Pikachu, Eevee, and Snorlax that get unique animations?
My bad.

I just modify my save myself with PKHeX. There's also some QR code thing going around but I never looked into it.

GROUND TYPE BEST HAHAHAHAHA

Battle Tree is great if you don't/can't do online.

Sure it cheats when you're up in the 80's-90's with legendary after legendary, but you at least get some appeal of battling.
Even the AI can be dumb at times & exploited.

If you did the Champion Defence Global Mission, they're giving out the reward now:
serebii.net/news/2017/15-August-2017.shtml

Tap Bulu can stop EQ- but is it worth healing your ally a little each time?

It works great if your team just hits hard consistently, but still.

JIHADI

This match is one brutal raping

Celsteela is exactly what I'd want in a mon, but I HATE the night/day flip in Moon (and what I expect in Ultra Moon)- and getting a decent one in trade is difficult.

Then again, Arcanine rails it hard- so maybe it's only good in odd situations.

Why the fuck did she ignore the Salamance?

Fucking hell- stand still.
He's so fucking animated- he thinks he's Jim Carrey.

God I probably act like this IRL.
How do you not look like a tard in public?

In case you didn't know you can flip the day/night back in Moon after you beat the game, of course you are stuck with it while you're getting through the game (and if you've already beat Sun I hope you like horrible plots and being forced through them).

Sun Moon was where I was gonna quit.
But I've actually been enjoying Battle Tree.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand- I'm supporting the games getting easier.
On the other hand- I can enjoy the online if I focus on "fun" teams rather than competitive teams a'la showdown.

Then again,

Showdown can still be fun in low ranks

Hey, look at the bright side. Apperently the dude who directed BW2 is directing USUM

I think that's the big point.

< Showdown

< Official

The fact that they're promoting that photo thing makes me hope they're pouring in a ton of other shit that'd make for better reveals later

Neat.
I heard from many that was the best post GBA game. (Except for maybe HG/SS).

Here's hoping for CHALLENGE.

They claim "many features"- but lets be frank, if you're not putting your selling point front and center ASAP- what's the point?

Only excuse you have is if your waiting for Christmas to reveal something big.

BW2 is the Best Pokemon game is you ask me.

Well, something as simple as putting the PSS and making Hyper Training a post game thing that you can pay with Poke would be enought for me. Althought, I would love a quick way to LV up to 100. Something as simple as the PWT would drive the people crazy.

Was Guzma abused by his parents?
Or did he beat his dad with the golf-clubs in an argument?

I get he pushed himself hard, and got mad when he hit his limit/failed or grew too old to complete the island challenge or become a Trial Captain. Or was that his folks pushing him?

Will he be held back by his bosses though?

I wish they'd just add one or two more tier to the "Rare" meals in the Cafes in Festival Plasa.
Currently the highest is adding 9 levels to a Pokemon up to level 79.
Just add something like:
I'm overburdened with FC, and if I could spend it on stuff like that, it gives me a reason to earn it beyond Global Missions.

Then again I also want Black Caps to Hyper Train an IV to 0.

They probably just want to build up to the best stuff. If they wait until two weeks before release to reveal they have the PWT as part of a gigantic battle facility with more features than the Frontier where you can win new mega stones and blowjobs from your waifu, that hype will stick with people and boost sales.

They're called Zed moves you goddamn burgers.

Pretty sure it's a game made by Japs, and Japs don't speak British English bonger.

it is kind of impressive how every single moody boost/debuff has been relevant somehow

The male caster keeps calling smeargle 'niggal'

What a match.

When you havn't got half the old meta game, it's… Not even the best Swift Swimmer (Golduck).

No really- what the hell?

Moody shouldn't fucking touch evasiveness.

Hell, why hasn't double team just become another Detect/Protect variant with something special about it? Adapting Acc is fine since you just swap out if shit gets bad (apart from boosting Acc for one-hit KO moves).

It's more likely than you think.
It's neutral thanks to ground typing, plus the rain and STAB, and it's Sp.Atk even got a boost IIRC.

Where are the megas, is this a new rule or something

OHKO moves don't even use the accuracy stat.

There are some crazier strats going on here than I expected.

Like I said, this meta has had more variety (second pic related was made at the start of this meta after about a year). And all it took was culling 80% of the options from other metas.

There's still no new viable counters to the old favorites (Landorus Therim, Amoongus Aegislash, Mega Kangaskhan) from the new moves, changes & new Pokemon IMO.

Megas have been banned from VGC since Sun and Moon released.

How hard was it to only give Megas to weak pokemon?

huh

wew this is boring to watch

Kanga got Nerfed and the most used mega right now is Charizard. At least, as far as double rating battles are concerned. VGC2018 will probably have the full dex

Apparently too hard for Game Freak, they would rather overpower something already powerful then have to nerf and/or ban it down the road.

How was it nerfed?

Damage imput reduced

They reduced the damage from the baby's attack from 50% of the move used to 25%

Oh thank god.
Looking at Bulbapedo, seems like I found something:
So Kaghaskhan with Seisimic Toss (I assume via RBY virtual console) it can deal 100 damage to anything not a ghost in fixed 50 tournaments.
Isn't that kind of good (obviously you'd use it on stuff that blocks/walls it)?

Or is that only good when have level 100 tournaments (since how HP scales up, 200 damage is a big deal even to Level 100 Pokemon)?

It's fairly broken, but that can be said of any move Mega Kangaskhan gets. The Damage from STAB Return was ridiculous, Power-Up Punch was just plain broken.

Commentators just admitted even the 2014 meta got stale and this meta is better.

Power-Up Punch
Return
Seismic Toss/Crunch/Fake Out
Protect.

Or just go crazy and not run Protect.

And then there's Sucker Punch which fucks over anything that might have a chance at outspeeding and killing it.

I actually ditched Pokemon as a franchise because of how mindnumbing it can get just hatching eggs and grinding for shinies and good stats and then XP later on. I'm here for the memes and for the fun of watching it with Holla Forums along with the nostalgia and fun of enjoying Pokemon, but honestly fuck Pokemon nowadays. I'll still play some of the other games but the 3ds games have just been shit.

If it weren't for the community being uncomfy and autistic as fuck I'd love to play with everyone and jump back in despite some of the flaws with the games, but shit when you want to go and play Pokemon with a friend and meme around and raise shit together just as a simple bit of fun, you can't; it's all shit where everyone is screaming at people for liking a certain Pokemon or a certain Gen.

That doesn't mean these events aren't fun. I can completely understand hacking in some Pogeys to battle with; sounds like a good time.

That would never have worked. But they could have just saved the GOOD megas for less powerful pokemon and given already powerful pokemon megas more like Mega Tyranitar or Mega Gyarados where they compete with other held items rather than Mega Lucario where it gets a really powerful stat boost on top of a super strong ability.

Question is- why didn't anyone at the company realize this.

They could literally hire these autists, pay them a pittance, and they'd balance it out.

Sure. Smogon is "No Fun Allowed", but Game Freak are the other extreme ("Oh it's hard to get, it doesn't matter if it's powerful")

I'd recommend avoiding online & competitive. Just raise an in-game team and fight the Battle Tower/Tree/etc.

I end up posting that clip often enough, here's a webm.

Japan too strong.

Female characters have better dress-up options, but I'd never play as one in a game like this.

They really should give more body types to play as/dress up- if only for online. Or even just trainer classes to mimic.

It's probably always going to be that way.

I wouldn't mind being able to dress up as the trainer classes. That would be neat. They took a small step in that direction with the Team Skull top.

Kaede Waga just swept that US player with absolute madman plays.

Because Garchomp doesn't give a single fuck.

Great sound management guys.

Either shit has changed or you're a diamond in the rough. While the Battle Tree wasn't really my kind of deal as the RNG felt rigged, the Battle Frontiers in Emerald and 4th Gen were my shit. I might go back and give the Tree another attempt after getting a good team together or some shit.

I think I'm just salty at the series for dropping the ball so hard honestly. Everything looks like shit compared to the high points of the franchise. While the series was a mini-rpg of sorts due to having so few options in combat, the idea of managing a bunch of unique sorts of party members and combining them together to find cool teams was always pretty fun. It was usually satisfying to rack up a bunch of Pokemon that you've trained and see a whole box of them. I just kind of want more things to do with that huge bunch of Pokemon and more of a satisfying postgame that I can play forever, like how you could play Monster Rancher forever just by raising new monsters and seeing how much money and cool shit you could get and then seeing how it affected your next monster, and then eventually just fusing a bunch together to make something new.

Thanks for the recommendation though; it was pretty bro-tier. I think I might go back and check out the postgame of Sun or some shit at some time.

More I learned how to better enjoy the game for me.
You're an user who plays Pokemon- so you're still a faggot. Just like me.

Battle Tree in alola has seemed OK. In XY/ORAS it felt fucking rigged as the AI slowly learned what your team couldn't handle and threw it at you.

And yeah- Pokemon is a fucking farce. It only offers comfy at this point- since there are better RPGs even from amateurs/indies.

The Shadow Pokemon games are fun stand-alone adventures, with much more variety in your foes Pokemon.

In terms of general monster/army raising:
Digimon Cyber Sleuth is great fun- albeit once you work out how to break it, it becomes a cake walk (apart from the secret final boss, where it's almost required from what I've seen).

Any of the GBA Fire Emblems are also great- even if your team of monsters are "human".

I would recommend Disgaea 4- but NISA (the guys who localize it) drop the ball hard nearly every time. Dis 4 wasn't bad IMO (But probably made more comical in a few places it shouldn't- though the game isn't serious), but NISA are a blight you shouldn't support. Get the PS Vita version second hand/emulate, beat the game once normally, then increase the power of enemies in each "New Game +"and try to earn different endings.

There's probably a ton more, but those are my choices.

CAMERA'S FUCKED
MAGNEMITES PLAYING WITH THE CAMERA

Whaaa?

u fokkin wot m8?

I have a feeling that Japan is about to take back the world championship title. They have been making an amazing showing so far.

Rock Slide is a fun move.

Clefairy doing exactly what I'd do.
Only thing that screws Snorlax a that stage is Surf/Discharge and Flinch.

Seems to have the effect of Flinch being 50/50 in a tournament.

Nice speed creep planning there.

Another Japanese using the absolute madman Garchomp strat.

DO YOU WANT TO FUCKING TAKE THIS OUTSIDE?

Remember Smogon analysis is a shit.

Seems as soon as I give up on a strat and focus on what everyone's using, someone does well with a crazy boosting strat I'd use.

Would Psych-Up + Power Trip Krookodile work with Snorlax? Doesn't need to fight along-side it persay, just move it in when Snorlax is about to die (though shy of Toxic, if it can kill Snorlax from more than 1/3 health, odds are it can kill Krookodule).

Krookodile doesn't have enough bulk to set that up, unfortunately. Even the Evoboost+Baton Pass setups are shaky at best when almost any team will carry several common SE moves.

Psych-Up is always a really risky gimmick. Krookodile is cool but it isn't especially fast and has to rely on Sucker Punch for priority, but you can't really run a set where so many of the moves are only effective under certain conditions.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for all these damn Tapus anything with a powerful Knock Off could really be cleaning up right now.

I just realized, doesn't Drifblim shit all over Snorlax?

It walls it, and can (slowly) beat it if it has a non-ghost special move.

I don't really keep up with VGC during the season, but wasn't Drifblim pretty popular for a while?

Yeah, now I think it over, Psyhc Up only works on Bulky Pokemon (give them speed) or fast Pokemon (protect them and give them attack, defenses as well if possible).

Assuming breeding from parents from other games is now legal, Salazzle can get Knock Off, but it's frail.

Only other thing as far as I know is Muk and maybe Tentacruel, but that gets fucked by Tapu Koko and a few other common threats.

I'm surprised Trick and Embargo hasn't been used more. Sure you lose the damage, but it stops the item.

Drifblim+Lele was a trend for a little bit but I think it got overshadowed by defensive Celesteela and sometimes Gigalith (on TR teams).

Yeah, someone cracked some calcs with it.
With a very specific build, and using it's ability (Unburden, plus a Sp.Def raising Terrain Seed), it became hard to kill and could bring up Tailwind.
Then, it could support allies with Will-O-Wisp or whatever.

Impressive.

ONE HIT POINT

That fucking 1 HP survival.

Neat.

Oh fuck off the Meta is Bring all the Tapus and a Lando

At least 2014 had Pachi

Don't worry, they'll nerf it next game and release the next broken shit so you need to upgrade in order to stay updated with the meta.
This is jewery at it's finest, and it's been going on for the last three games.

That match was hype as hell.

So many bad predicts, holy shit

Is everyone ready for day 2? I have lots of stuff to do so I will miss it. What country do you guys think that will take the Trophy.

Probably Japan, they gain extra otaku power by making their character a little girl.

TCG on the main channel right now if you're into that.

Oh sick I love Alolan Persian. Shame Tapu Lele won't let him be as hardcore as he wants.

SPEED SWAP ON SNORLAX

wew lad

I really can't blame them. The Japanese guy won because of luck. Funny that the RNG is part of what makes this fun to watch, no everything can be reduced to a simple equation.

Funny that is this was G1 Comp, it would be Tauros ft the Psychic Gang

I've always wanted to try that myself.

This party's getting crazy.

It's a Tapu winning because it's OP and despite RNG bullshit so no it's not fucking exciting.

But each player has a Tapu.

It's a snack not a pokemon.

That just reaffirms it

Did you think Pokemon was balanced or something?

How is terrain determined when 2 Tapus come out at once?
Highest speed or slowest speed?

Highest speed puts its terrain first, so the slower one replaces it.

Wait, what is going on? Who won? Bulu?

Yeah, he ended up with more %HP when time ran out. Pretty crazy how it went.

They ran out of time? Wow, what a crazy match. It was very good.

Does Speed Swap switch just the base speed stat, or any boosts it has (from Agility or Sure Surfer)? Or does the boost stay on the appropriate people (so Raichu would double whatever it's new speed is if Surge Surfer is active)?

I think it is the Base Speed the one that is swapped

To think such an animal would be among us, our society truly has fallen.

As cool these rounds of VGC are it's a shame that I can't watch it and Pokken at the same time.

Good point

Not to mention playback/re-uploads for these are shit.

>Tobias (((Koschitzki)))
wow what a fag

wow what an edgelord

How long until they are back on, or are they done for the day?

Disregard, they back.

how much do you wanna bet it's hacked?

If you complete the Pokedex, you get a shiny charm, to increase your odds. Using a Pokemon from a foreign game to breed, and the odds are even better.

1/1000 ish IIRC. So if your autismal enough to do that- it's possible.

Wait- I thought Perish Song draws (like Explosion draws) means the person who USED it lost?

SOAK

Holy shit it actually worked.

If you want to go for max IVs/nature your chances are even more shit, but autism knows no bounds, I guess

Fuck competitive, I'm running with fun shit.

This meta is the best meta.

As long as a Shinies' nature & ability is correct, you could fix bad natures with Hyper Training. Can't get 0 IV in speed if you want it however.

Why do people still play this game in current year? This is like watching the olympics with every athlete roided up. It's not as fun.

So it's just like the Olympics?

VGC is a magical place.

Don't know how Tapu Koko is so popular- sure it does a ton of damage, but Garchomp wrecks it and it's pretty frail even without.

Yeah, but it's still faster than Garchomp and has that Dazzling Gleam button. Surprised to see that Lele is the least popular of the four, I guess people adjusted and stopped bringing so many priority moves that it could switch off.

Oh wow, what a diverse and varied meta!

This hedgehog's killing it. Wolff used Raichu pretty much the same way when he won last year.

That was an absolute clinic. Poortugal never stood a chance.

zuz

Why arcanine?

Rate my OC

I bet the colombian is swapping headphones with the woman to get off.

I could read that protect from a mile away what the fuck is wrong with this spic.

MADMAN

Does this guy know what international means?

That was gruesome.

Because Landorus isn't allowed this time so the next best swiss army knife with Intimidate takes the stage.

good, fuck that derpy lion

Lando will be back next year when they allow most of the dex

i wonder what will be the next bullshit gamefreak will come out with, after mega evolution and z moves.

Beauty contests make a comeback and they become through one way or another obligatory.
Something like "participate or your pokemon stops increasing it's sp atk stat"

Final day's starting in a few minutes, get in here autists.

Do we have a schedule? I want to see the battles but I don't give a shit about the card game

It's TCG first, but it doesn't say specifically how long it'll take until VGC starts since how long TCG takes can vary a lot. Guess I bumped the thread a bit too early.

What the fuck.

Shame I'm the only person into this shit because this is actually really cool.

VGC's starting. We've got little kids up first, so master's finals in maybe an hour or so?

Ten year old says "fuck the meta".

The kids usualy have very interesting teams.

I didn't know Oranguru was competitive.

It's got a lot of good gimmicks for doubles between Fake Out/Trick Room/Instruct/Telepathy.

The limited dex gives him some space plus what said

The poor kid had no other choice, that was probably Teelas only damaging move. I feel sorry for him, getting 2-0'ed at the final.

This will one hell of a match

TBH, this Meta has inspired me to run fun shit and have fun.

Just in time for Landorus and the old meta to come back.

Fuck yeah let's go!

BUG BITE

wew lad

Woder Spoder is a fiend of justice

All the low/1HP survives I meant.

Fuck yeah.
Want to use one myself, but it needs TR, and I was gonna save Escavalier for that. Not to mention Bug Bite is super risky over Leech Life (even if you get a pinch berry- you risk confusion unless you're under misty terrain, but why pack Fini if you have water already?)

Fuck yeah.

I've never tuned into pokemon vgc before, is senior finals equivalent to a grand finals?

You have 3 divisions.
Junior, Senior and Master.
Junior is for kids, Senior is for anyone under 20 I think, Master is for anyone too old for Senior.

As a rule, the kids do more weird stuff, and the masters stick to similar Pokemon (but different moves, builds, and items)

It's the14-17 year old division, 18+ finals is after this.

Thanks

Rules were made to be broken.

Fuck yeah Mudsdale.

Two of my faves getting love in his tournament.

It was a good match

That female makes me feel things.

Have some more.

See- when it's like that I don't mind it. Using up to 3 of the popular pokes, then adapting them to a strategy.

Shit was ridonk in previous years. 5 out of 6 Pokemon the same with similar teams- a real mirror match.

WICKE IS THICKE

The only thing that bugs me is that it's clearly covered in dry clay. It's based of a Clydesdale, yet they call it Mudsdale instead of Claysdale.

Oh my.

Finalists are walking on
SOON

On the one hand I love Krookodile.
On the other, I want to root for the underdog Auzzie.

BEGINS

Yeah, I'm gonna root for Sam Pandelis. Big boosts are my fave.

Get Pan-handled!!

So logic dictates Ryota needs to lead with Whimsicott for Prankster Taunt on Ninetails to prevent another Aurora Veil.

Yeah Whimsicott should be able to do something about all these boosts and Aurora Veils.

His Whimsicott doesn't have Taunt

It is time for the Blizzard to kill turn one

Neat!

I'd like some more.

Ask /vp/ or check their catalog.
Porn dumps get you banned.

BRICK BREAK

I don't even know anymore.

Ryota is built to beat him (AlMarowak with Brick Break, Priority Fairy Nature Power). It really does come down to whoever plays better.

wot a shame but just something like this works too.

And commenters explaining perfectly why he fucked up not switching that Fini out.

GARCHOMP SAVES AUSTRALIA!

That's one gay pose.

The guy's still got strats.

FINAL HYPE

Koko brings Honor to Glorious Nihon.
Who will win? Japan or Australia?

To be fair, an Auz using a Desert Shark and a glowing beacon makes sense.

Wait- how is Mandibuzz immune to Twinkle Tackle? Fairy is SE to Dark??

I really want to know these guys builds- down to the EVs.

Wonder what they'll hand out from the champ?
Garchomp/Xurkitree/Ninetails?
Whimsicott is a cert for Nippon.

wew lad

Dark types becoming immune to Prankster was a perfect buff.

FUCKING INSANE

what the fuck

read

Oh shit nigga I forgot that.

This fucking meta man.

FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT
SHE IS THE ONE CALLED WHIMSICOTT

Man that was some great finals. Probably the best I've seen.

Glad to see one of my favourites going over.

Can't believe Strayaman got outdonked so hard after that insane Mandibuzz. The whole thing was great.

That double target was the most important play of that entire match.

YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR GRORIOUS NIPPON YOU AUSTRARIAN PIGGU

It was like any good fight in fiction.
Back and forth. The big move failing, and the come-back. Nippon must be going nuts.

Both players were awesome. Auz should be proud.

JAPAN IS BACK

Unironically considering asking the draw thread for Sailor Whimsicott art.

But Draw thread is dead thanks to it missing OP.

This was a great journey, the matches were fun and this final was insanely good! See you guys next year, lets hope that VGC2018 is fun too. Threads like his make me wish that Pokemon threads were better. I hope they upload the Master's Final match.

Stick around, we might get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news. Director is the guy who did B2/W2 so here's hoping it makes the games MUCH better.

And yeah, this inspired me to have FUN with team-building.
Just analyze and go with what you want not what others do.

There's always the fullderp threads if you are up for some shitposting, stale memes, more or less useless builds and general shitting on smogon fags

I visit them regularly, at least I do watch them play and sometimes suggest stuff

The whole thing was fun, even the TCG. Shame the Pokken finals happened too late for me to watch, though.

Thanks for keeping the thread going, normally people who go (91) are irredeemable faggots.

the tabletop is still superior

Next year's VGC World finals happening in Madrid.

You know- in Europe. The safest place in the world.

Shit I didn't even know I posted that much. I felt bad bumping the thread or posting back-to-back, but I know we have a handful of dedicated fans here.

Do not feel bad, user. You did great

I've always wanted a seperate olympics like that, drugs, running blades, anything that gives them an advantage, lets see the best freaks of nature we're capable of making.

Why?

Ah shit, no other UlSun or UlMoon news.

I think that was the U.S. Nationals they announced.

My bad
I got it from here: twitter.com/fallingmindz/status/899403507077394432
Didn't realize it was fake news.

Nashville is much better, assuming Antifa haven't burned it down.