Coming soon 2017

Apparently this is all there is to get excited for this year.

You get excited for uncharted?

guess it's time to look through the backlog

whats the replay value on nier?

its what google tells me people are talking about, or who paid google anyway

None since it crashes every fucking 20 minutes and you can’t save everywhere. Can’t replay what you can’t finish.

well i can't play anymore mgsv I put in 900 hours and unlocked everything.

Since you obviously have shit taste you'll be fine with anything.

Does anyone know if Cuphead will be coming to PC? And if so, will it be 2-players?

fuck at least give me some recommendations instead of being some buzzword spouting edgelord.

You'll spend roughly 80-90 hours on Nier if you want to go for all the main endings and 80% of the side content like me. You'll need to replay the first half of the game once to get to the second, and then that you only have to play through once. As a whole the replayability is entirely dependent on whether or not you want to play it again. You can change the difficulty anytime and it doesn't affect trophies or achievements in anyway, and you can choose to go back to any section of the game and make different choices, which are all inconsequential anyways.

Naw, you deserve to suffer.

I'll play tomb raider if I want female leads, not a knock off.

I just heard about Into the Breach like 20 minutes ago. It's made by the FTL guys and it's suppose to be coming out soon. It's got Mecha and Kaiju which is neat. Hopefully it's good.

Cuphead is on Steam and has Co-Op.

Literally the only game in that list with the potential to be OK is odyssey

Mainly looking forward to these tbh.

Sonic Forces and Cuphead are worth waiting for

I really liked Yakuza 0 but I hope Kiwani isn't just a reskin of Zero

Apparently Kiwami's combat is from 0 but with improvements. Dunno about the rest of the game.

Too bad Underworld Ascendant is coming out in 2018.

The vidya-industry relies on that being a success. If it is, maybe we're getting back the good games?

Heh?
???

I'm awaiting that VERY hesitantly. I fucking hate the art style but I'm kind of starved for a good 3D dungeon crawler.

Also butterlord when?

Also no Sonic Forces?

Cuphead and Mario Odyssey will be great. Crackdown 3 would also be great but sadly it's getting delayed to next year.

Ass Crude? Rally?

I am the 99%.

You're in the same environment for most of the game so you'll definitely have some dejavu in that regard. Other than that it's pretty different. Especially with the Majima everywhere system.

Heh of all those games I'm only mildly interested in Cuphead.

lol at Wolfenstein II and its strong independent black womyn

The only thing there I want to play is Gran Turismo Sport. Unfortunately I don't have a PS4.

Etrian Odyssey V is gonna be good. I can feel it.

Stop playing western games.

Nucom 2 : War of the chosen is the only thing I am looking foward to since Butterlord isnt coming this year

Why?

Cuphead seriously isn't out yet?

what are the japan games coming out? Other than this.

from left to right, top to bottom:
trash trash trash trash trash trash don't know trash trash
probably trash trash trash worst 3D mainline mario game to date(barring hub worlds its very linear) probably trash probably trash trash and probably trash

It's designed to be 100%'d and to be a tedious pain to do so, like all games before it.

Sakuna

Destiny 2 on the 6th
Destiny was my favorite game since Dorf Fort.

and why is that, bungie?

LOL!

wow you must be new here

So to sum up, it's another year for clearing my backlog. Good to know.

FUCKIN MAJIMA.

I'm pretty satisfied for the rest of the year;

Everyone making and selling western games hates you, and wishes to ruin your hobby, country, and life.

And it's different where?

Absolver and Vampyr are of interest, but not for the price they want for either game. Code Vein would be awesome, but that's not til October of next fucking year. Why do they announce cool shit 2 years in advance?

You're forgetting Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dragonborn Unleashed Edition, user.

You're such a faggot, Todd.

Only really excited for Cuphead and Odyssey, but Forces MIGHT be good

Can't be a special FO4 edition cuz it didn't win any GOTY awards.

The only think I have an iota of interest in is Crackdown 3. Christ.

Jesus fucking Christ, you know it's bad when Nintendo has the best line up.

Played through all the endings and didn't have a single crash, I played in in borderless windowed mode though.

Make sure you don't miss our latest title coming out later this year! It's supposed to be a secret but I can give a little info to my anonymous friends for old times sake. The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel Reborn: Trading Card Game! It's a PC exclusive, just for you! Also on PS4 and Xbox One.

Don't miss it!

Gwent is better.

I'm unironically looking forward to Wolfenstein II, since I'm not a Holla Forumsyp. Vampyr seems up my alley–action RPG meets edgy vampire stuff–but I'm staying cautious since Dontnod is a young studio, and their only other games are Remember Me and Life Is Strange.

You better watch that mouth or you can kiss The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dragonborn Unleashed: Special Edition goodbye!

Not buying your games.
In fact I may pirate them just to seed.

You're hurting me, user.

Divinity OS2.

I can't remember the last time I was excited for any game.
I can remember clapping my hands as a little kid when opening xmas presents. Now that I can finally play pretty much anything I want I feel only sadness and indifference.

Fuck you so much

Eternal reminder.

I mean who wouldn't?

I wish I had a PS4

Ys 8 by FUCKING NISA so don't buy it. Sen no Kiseki 3 if you know moon.

Good luck running Ys 8.

Whoever made this list should be nominated for chemical castration.
Unless.. Bonerload estimated release201*8**

Can you not afford one?

Odyssey is 100% the only thing worth shit and requires you to get a fucking Switch.

Because of the amount of freedom you're let with, in the same vain of Deus Ex and Thief, it has to be a success so that other gaming studios follows suit and stop delivering this kind of crap they have been giving us the last 10 years,

I saw. How they managed to pull that off is beyond me, but it is NISA so I can't be too surprised. I expect PCs combusting on release and consoles bricking left and right.

>>>/cuckchan/

That guy actually made a full recovery, this meme needs to be discontinued.

How worse does it get next year?

I only see trash here.

Gust has two games coming out. First is Blue Reflection, be a schoolgirl, make friends and get your powers via social links basically. The art style is by the same guy who did Atelier Totori. And Nights of Azure 2, which will hopefully keep the gorgeous artstyle from the first game.

Thank god for a huge ass emulator backlog.

lmao

I'll go make a complete list for convenience. "Gaming" sites are all clickbaiting and using multiple pages per post and it's a pain in the ass to see all the upcoming games. Will make a list for the sake of us all

Godspeed, user.

Proofs? It better not be that one shitpost of him about the mummy

I miss beating up furries as a chandelier and a buff guy online, and the "new" characters look fun, but I already paid full price for the WiiU version for Bamco to patch it like once to remove an infininte and never add any of the new characters. I hope Switch piracy comes soon since I don't think I can justify buying this after the last version was immediately dropped to make this one.

Also Pocket Rumble looks promising.

This is sad but also cute.
I want to protect her.
>4chan filename.

fucking NEAT
cuphead is all I need

>games in current year are still good, (((they))) said

Top kek. Back to finishing those retro games I missed.

It's been awhile since I played a Gran Turismo game, never seemed to enjoy them as much as the first one for the ps1.

the asscreed game looked interesting for the environments alone, but I would never buy any sjw shit

Etrian Odyssey is shit, play a real dungeon crawler instead of that easy generic weeb shit.

Night of azure is really fun i'm really looking forward for the sequel

ooooh weeeee
vidya needs to die already

what about cyberpunk 2077777777 and yiff citizen?

this tbqfh fam

Late October, keep an eye out for it.

I'm not holding my breath

I want to touch her boobies

You forgot the autists. Airport CEO.

Also wasn't Factorio to get out of Early Access this year?

Can't justify buying a whole machine for one game.

I just liked TNO. Trying to "make a political statement" by buying something is the most retarded thing there is.

ftfy

Only remotely good looking games are Cuphead, Mario Odyssey, and maybe Fractured But Whole.
Other than that, fuck video games

user here.
Finished the list. Not the best since it's my first one ever. No more endless searching through shitty sites to find the release date of your vidya.

I can gaurantee you it will be far worse than TNO, if a game is this high on political agenda shit its never a good sign. Any way to find out how many of the team got replaced?

Pretty good. Didn't know White Day was coming out so soon, will give that a look at.

I guess we'll see.
Probably not until the game comes out. Then you can compare the credits on mobygames.

Do I have to play nights out azure to get 2 is it even worth it to play. I already own it twice I think.

This year can't end sooner.

I want to go back. With every year I lose more and more of my last shreds of hope that I have. Vidya are forever ruined.

I really liked the new order as well and I was excited for 2. Until all the politics shit coming out normally that wouldn't make me not buy something. However it's a pretty good track record of once you start catering to that shit is because you are now garbage and this is how you are going to deflect criticism.

We're halfway there.

Yeah the West is list for the foreseeable future. Until they all get hurt enough to force them to fire everyone or video games get unpopular enough to drive at out all the cancer.

Not really but you might miss some call backs and other interesting things. Give the first a go, it's only about 30 hours long and you've still got time till 2 comes out.

>(((Cuck Oliver)))

I don't know about Yakuza, but Nioh is never going to be ported to PC. If you're holding out hope for that, you should quit now and save yourself the anxiety.

Still waiting

I really want this to be good but I have no hopes for it. The only positive way of thinking I can see is that they improved upon the shitstain that was Risen 2 with 3. The downside of that is that Risen 3 was still a shit game.
I get so salty when thinking about how good (relatively speaking) Risen 1 was, after Gothic 3 and the game that everyone collectively purged out of their memories, Risen 1 was surprising.
It felt more akin to G1 and G2 but with better G3 controls. Story didn't feel as engaging, the magic system left much to be desired and the factions were a bit bland. But it was a sturdy enough foundation to keep the Gothic spirit going.
Then pirates happened.

This is true, if the only language you know is English

Is there a we wuz kangs faction, or what are you saying? I don't keep myself up to date on the development, I'm just gonna pirate it when it's available and see how it is.

I feel that I need to warn everyone who doesn't pay attention that shadow of war has micritransactions that give them an unfair advantage in multiplayer.

So effectively the game is a $60 single player game, with a multiplayer component much like metal gear solid 5, where you don't fight other people, but their orc army. And it's all pay to win!

Great job! Ruining what could have been good, even normalfags are upset by it

I want to lovingly care for her.
I want to cook her favorite breakfast for her every morning and kiss her to sleep every night.

p gay tbh

You missed Aztez, along with everybody else in the world.

Still not at all clear on your rules for adding or not adding high-visibility AAA titles to your annual lists. I know you chose to omit Hitman last year and on this one it seems like P5 and BotW are strange omissions also.

BotW is shit as is Hitman

So is The Surge and Shards of Darkness, and you'd get a similar shitpost about Automata from most of the board. Doesn't explain its omission aside from subjective taste.

Automata gets a pass because Kamiya Yoko came here

You're missing Persona 5, Digimon World: Next 0rder, Trails of Cold Steel PC, Crash N-Sane Trilogy, Puyo Puyo Tetris, (imo) Splatoon 2, and Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception.

You like Censored games
Why
Oh and you keep proving you've got shit taste

don't forget we wuz lotr n shieeet

I'm afraid 2017 has been a good backlog year. A glance at the GOTY contenders from 2008-2011 in particular really shows just how much games have fallen in a matter of a few years.

Why post that first pic?

Are you positive that's the stretch you want to highlight?

To illustrate how none of the choices between 2008 and 2011 were easy. Cropping it would have looked strange and that information isn't worth the effort put into a new image.

Some years (1985, '87, 1991, '93, '97, '98, 2001, '04, '08-2011, and 2013) were a lot harder than others (1981, '83, '86, 1990, '92, '94, '96, 2000, '02, '05, '07, '09, and 2014).

2008-2011 just happened to be a streak of hard years to choose. I didn't mean that to imply they were "golden years" by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not censored, though?

Breath of the Wild made perfect sense to exclude. Not sure why Splatoon 2 is on there, along with any other game that has parts locked behind limited-run NFC figurines.

Just get a PS4, bro.

Unless I'm blind, I don't think it is.

Well, it's good to know I won't need to worry about my vidya budget for the rest of the year.

Even if it didnt have denuvo you would still be giving ubisoft money

Good point.

Are you a girl irl

Can anyone make some steam reccomendations? This is my favorite list atm.

Dragon's Dogma?

There's no saving you, not anymore.

NO BUTTERLORD NO BUY

got it

so I'm guessing you hated this?

It should be telling what I think of them that there's only one Nintendo GOTY after 2002.
What kind of girl would play games that aren't available on Apple devices?

Uh yes, you missed the next elder scrolls game. It won't come out for another 10 years but it should be on your list anyway. Make sure to pre-order.

Definitely this. I can add EDF5 (importing), Night of Azure 2, Blue Reflection, Yakuza Kiwami, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars!!!!!!, and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. We could even have Evenicle by the end of the year too.

Princess Maker 2 is considered better than 3 by most and I would have to agree. I would also recommend Night of Azure. Both you can easily find on IGG so there's no reason to spend money or have them tied to Steam.

okay ill get rid of that then

At the best we'll get Skyrim 2 just kidding, the best would be nothing at all
God has abandoned this timeline

jesus christ all of these are shit. vidya is dead

Puyo Puyo Tetris came out a few years ago.

Gonna pirate Shadow of War.

you do too

It will be in 50 years when a working emulator is made
sage for triple post

It is when it replaces anything close to the Japanese meaning with random Tumblr shit

I like vampires, what's Vampyr? First time hearing that name. IIRC the guys who were remastering VtM:B in Unity started making their own game, is it that?

Except for that XCOM 2 expansion and Bonerlord

I 100%'d it in 50 hours and wasn't rushing at all. What the fuck did you do to take twice as long?

ID:1ba403 is a derailing jew, hide his post and carry on

No, it's a new game set in London in 1918. It's by Dontnod, the studio that made Remember Me and Life Is Strange.

It will be for many years, user.

Open Task Manager. Find Nier Automata process. Set CPU affinity to real cores only, not threads. Example in pic-related.

I can. Medieval II in 2006. It took me until 2017 for SMB2 to be announced just to feel excited again.

Once it comes out, it's back to the sadness and indifference (and I hope the game doesn't contribute…)

there's absolutely nothing here that's worthwhile

Battlefront 2 could have been cool with an Imperial campaign but MC is a mystery-meat-niggress and I'm sure they're going to cuck out somehow

Probably he had to learn to play it one handed when he started.

Except it didn't do any of that, though.