DYNASTY WARRIORS GENERAL

Dynasty Warriors General: BURQA EDITION
How do y'all feel about DW:9 being open world?

Nobody fucking cares about this button mashing casual shit.

I don't think theres a single game mechanic on the game which rewards pressing buttons randomly.

Theres soft/hard. Certain moves are cancellable into jumps, dashes or other moves. Interesting combos come about, which help you clear faster. Yes it is an easy genre, but it's not easy to get a good score.

I think it's a retarded idea, considering what we've seen so far is unimpressive gameplay.
Unless they go all out with the battle depth, like DW5 or 6, it's going to suck ass.

I'm not feeling it. DW8 nearly put me off the series altogether, and I don't even know why. This just looks like another heaping bowl of that.
WHEN'S XTREME MODE COMING BACK YOU CUNTS

I just don't see it working. I'm waiting more eagerly for FE warriors.

I still have no idea what the fuck that ambition mode in DW8 was. Missions ending in like 30 seconds, what the fuck Omegay force?
And I hope they don't bring back that retarded "everyone can use every weapon" deal again.

I wish they'd take note of the few positive aspects they introduced into DW6 and bring them back over the next few releases. I loved the idea of actually laying pseudo-siege to castles like at Hu Lao Gate instead of just rekking Lu Bu to open the front gate.
The open world in 9 will almost surely be a meme like all the other FotM open world games; at least they're toning down character designs again though.

Wu bros where we at? Wu best faction

I just want to spend an afternoon climbing my way up the ranks of a mook in the Shu army, getting recruited by Wei, plotting with Zhuge Liang to act as a spy, then permanently join Wei because Shu is filled with a bunch of self righteous cunts. Is that too much to ask for?

I'll give it to DW7, because I guess it's the first time they introduced the mechanic. But it also had negative traits to them as well that for some reason disappeared in DW8. If you weren't competent with a certain weapon type, your weapon speed would be slow as molasses and you don't receive the weapon type bonus mechanic (e.g. acrobatics, whirlwind etc. The thing with "everyone can use any weapon" is that everyone loses their individuality.
Now don't jump down my throat here, but if they went the route of DW Advance where characters could use a pool of weapons similar to theirs I think I could enjoy that much more immensely. I think it was something like Zhenji could only use one handed, lightweight weapons such as the flute, sword or fan. And Zhao Yun could only use spears, pikes or halberds. It allows characters to keep their individuality while also having the freedom to explore other options.

Destiny mode was fantastic, and I'm honestly shocked they never brought it back.
>That dreaded feeling when you fuck up the defection mission.
>tfw your former commander is the last obstacle in the final battle
>So it's you and me, huh? Well, so be it…[spoiler]Dian Wei you idiot ;_;[/spoiler]

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong because Ambition mode sucked so much ass and I always ran out of time but apparently that's just the way it is.

Since when was Guan Yu considered a Deity?

He was declared a deity in the Ming Dynasty.

I think the open world is going to be kinda awkward. Also what is with all the weapon changes? The rod/bow combo for Xiahou Yuan was perfect.

That was kinda the case with DW7/8's weapon system. Did you ever use anyone with a weapon they only had 1-3 compatibility stars with?

Also yeah, Ambition Mode was a mess, it was the only way to earn a lot of gold quickly and it far outpaced any other method.

He actually was. Not even the whole God of War thing, he's a deity for wealth if I recall.

Wait, other than the badly done open worlds with empty landscapes, I haven't really been keeping up with the moveset side of things. They changed things up AGAIN?!

inb4 Ling Tong goes back to nunchucks

Even when he was alive he was declared the God of War.

IS
Though these days he's not worshipped as the god of war. He's a the patron saint of brotherhood and loyalty to most people these days. Certain Chinese provinces and families revere him, in Hong Kong Triad Gangs worship him and also funnily enough so do cops too . These days though alot more Chinese are worshipping Cai Shen the God of Money instead.

t.Chink

Yep, Xiahou Yuan now has Taishi Ci's weapon.

I have heard the movesets overall have changed too, broken into Trigger Attacks, Flow Attacks, and Finish Attacks, but I don't know much besides what's on the main website.

I'm just glad it sounds like we should have access to all 3 sorts of attacks, instead of like DW6, where it was more like 2 with charge attacks getting completely neutered.

I'd love to play as that in a better-than-Musou Stars Warrior Orochi successor.

Is Lui Bei the patron saint of bad parenting?

He's actually the Patron Saint of Shoes

Don't try your chinese propaganda on us user.

Wake me up when DW9E is released

This, making crazy anime/game crossover wars is one of the most fun parts of these games.

I've never liked the anime sorts of custom characters, they never mesh too well with the regular DW movesets.

Those kinds of things always come down to how much you're willing to reconcile the character with the moveset and custom character options. I've managed to make custom characters for Koihime, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere and recently for Typemoon shit and I'm mostly satisfied with what came out.

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors since 4

which one should I play next?

6 is my personal favorite, and the last dynasty warriors that I felt wasn't tedious to play.

That aside, he should play Dynasty Warriors 5, Warriors Orochi 1 or 2 if he wants something similar to 4. Maybe Samurai Warriors 2.

I say no, because of one major flaw; the auto aim combat. For some reason Koei thought it would be a good idea to have you automatically aim for the first person you hit, and you can only choose your direction to move when you stop attacking them. It's such a shame because it has one of the best (IMO) musuo modes in all the games. The amount of obscure ways to unlock what if scenarios and characters is mind boggling.
DW4:E fixes this, but it's also the first empires game so it's very rough around the edges.
Go with what this user said.

Oh yeah, the "lock on" during a combo can be very hard to deal with in DW3 and DW4. I did like how DW4 had extra scenarios based on the order you did stages, and based on stages cleared you'd have minor changes in later maps. This has been supplanted nicely in the Hypothetical system in DW8 though, which is nice enough to offer a completely different outcome in a major stage, then branching path based on it, along with some minor extra stages along the way.

I love to play these style of games with my cousin. Most of the time we are too busy working or doing stuff in our day to day lives, but on the weekends we can get together and play something easy but fulfilling while we talk and maybe drink. Its a good time, and thats the reason i have 100%'d games like Sengoku Basura 3 and MSG:DW2-3
I have to say, there are a few things i would like to see implemented in more modern takes on the genre.

test
nigger