WARIO THREAD

Wario Land Switch when?
Wario World 2 when?
WarioWare cancelled when?
Post Wario, discuss Wario, fuck Wario.
Wario is perfect.

Waluigi is shit in both character design and personality. This is strictly a Wario only thread. More specifically, Wario Land and Wario World.

I wish Wario Land had a romhack community. Wario Land 4's controls need more levels to shine in.

VB, 4 and World are best. 2 and 3 are overrated and not as fun tbh.

Wario Land 5 comes out. Wario is wearing his safari hat. He steals a pirate treasure map leading to a mystical Treasure Island. He takes his red bi-plane, Bulldog, to get there, but it crashlands due to some sort of interference. Captain Syrup and her pirate crew have also come to the island to get the treasure, but Wario will beat the strange ancient traps and creatures and get the treasure before them. Because Wario is NUMBER ONE!!!

Gameplay and progression fall somewhere between WL3 and WL4. Game feels like a strange dream, both in inner logic and in world design. Has that distinct oddball Wario flavor too.

If Nintendo ever makes new Wario Land it will be outsourced, and Wario will be le epic farting idiot. Because Nintendo is a big number two.

Nintendo will make a new Wario Land, but they'll have to force a gimmick in somehow like Shake It, because Nintendo.

Wario World as well. It's criminal how short the whole game is.

I think all the minigames and wierd shit in 4 was a clear sign they didn't want to make platformers anymore. If you love someone, set them free… and stomach their outsourced crap that's at least well animated.
Maybe their give the Wario Reigns to Shiny

Why exactly do flaws stop being flaws just because the developers keep doing them? That Treasure were known for making short games doesn't mean it isn't valid criticism.

If your expectation's for wario worlds gamelength were high enough that you consider it a crime how short the game is, then your foolish.

ashley and red game when?

Never because she's a nigger.

Bruh…

WARIOLAND WARIO FOR SMASH GOD DAMN IT

HE BETTER BE IN SMASH SWITCH OR WE RIOT

How about on a better console with No pay2unlock bullshit?

Fuck him for adding jackshit about Wario land!

I can see why Wario would never appear in Odyssey.

For long this thread will sink because some user wants to get off to the Mario girls?

It's weird to think about how differently Wario was marketed in the different regions. He's a bit more comedic in Japan while more villainous in North America, which creates a discrepancy you see in how's he portrayed.

What if Wario was a girl

I still remember being a kid and getting new Wario Land games. 1 from my brother, 2 from a friend at school, 4 for my birthday along with a GBA, and 3 from a pawn shop, and bought Wario Ware Inc for myself at release. How does no one important at Nintendo see how turning Wario into a one-dimensional retarded farting faggot is deeply offensive to anyone who was a fan of these games? It's a bizarre case of Character Assassination.

CHECKED

Gimme fucking Wario World Wario. I wanna spin throw bitches, I wanna shoulder tackle, I want to atomic piledrive assholes.

Ideally Wario would have all his moves from his platforming games.

I actually made a WL/WW moveset for him a while ago, This is only partial but let me know what you guys think of it.

Essentially he'd be another super heavyweight in this form, on the same weight class as Dedede/Donkey Kong/Bowser.

B: Coin Vacuum (His inhale from Wario World combined with his bite move)
Forward+B: Shoulder Rush (Or other moves depending on the hat he has equipped)
Up+B: Puffy Wario (Press A to clap the air out of his cheeks and send a windbox straight upwards)
Down+B: Hat Switch (Choose from Safari Cap (Default), Eagle Cap (lets him Shoulder Rushin the air), Bull Cap (increases his weight and power and gives a shockwave to his butt slam dair) and Dragon Cap (replaces Shoulder Rush with a stream of fire)).

Up Throw: Piledriver
Forward Throw: One-Handed Toss (hold direction to charge it up!)
Back Throw: Wild Swing-Ding (Move around while spinning your enemy!)
Down Throw: Oicho Throw (he slams them on the ground and buttstomps them, same as his normal throw)

There's not enough jews on the Mario universe, Jerry Lewis didn't die for this.

is good my nigga

That's it for Wario's today. You can now jerk off to something else.

Reminds me of that one post where the dude was lamenting how bowser would be his ideal woman if he wasn't a dude. Or a turtle thing, I guess.

Perfection.

excellent excellent

I think this is what you're talking about

Like Bluster the Benevolent?

Ye gods.

Wah?

How dare you post Waluigi see

I liked how 2 and 3 did away with health so you can only be punished by losing coins or being forced back to the start of an area. It gets you into the (((Wario))) mindset where your main threat is losing capital and wasting valuable time.

Wasn't it already cancelled?

If anything blame Sakurai for the current way Wario is treated.

Are you sweating…? You're cheating!

This makes no sense. You would have better luck blaming Sakamoto since he was in charge of WarioWare and did Wario Land 4

never

He is implying that Sakurai doesn't give a shit about Wario Land and he didn't even ask some advice from the devs behind Wario.

I'm glad you guys like it.

I wasn't picturing it like the bike at all, Wario cannot steer himself during his shoulder rush. Originally I had it so that his neutral B was his shoulder rush and his forward B was his "super head rush" from Wario Land 4, which he'd need a bit of room to do. But I changed it to this after I heard people liked his bite move.

In any case, another little thing I gave him was a coin for his up-tilt A. Doing an up-tilt causes him to pull out a large coin which he can then chuck upwards or forwards depending on his need. He can also charge up his toss to give it greater kill power. This is a call back to what he does in Wario Land 1.

Not sure how I feel about the hat switching mechanic, but it would give him a unique playstyle. I like the idea. As long as he has his original yellow hat

And if I could add, I feel his Shoulder-Rush could be his dash attack which you could cancel at any moment after it starts. That way his Forward-B could be his Super-Head-Rush. Also I feel one of his grabs could be his shake from Wario Land Shake It.

Feminism has so fucked up men and masculinity that there are now a large group of men who find it sexy for a woman to mentally be a man.

It's as likely as Custom Robo Switch at this point.

Well actually, I'm blaming Sakurai for Wario's current representation since they made him the XD FAT AND GROSS character rather than the stronger arch rival he used to be.

Look at Wario's Melee trophy and compare it to say Brawl's Wario

Classic Wario is best

Modern Wario can fuck off

I'd say compare it to Smash 4 Wario, he's posing like Donkey Kong.

Wario was basically Chris Farley in Japan, meanwhile in America is portrayed as some mean motherfucker.

Ashley a shit. Penny is better.

The bite move is an interesting counter and also prevents a lot of item abuse. Also, a devistating move is to be near a bomb of any sort and eat it, the shockwave coming off of wario has insane concussion.

I put some thought into this a while back as well. Let me put down my ideas to complement these.

B) Dragon Cap: a short-range, multi-hit fire attack using the flamethrower cap from Wario Land.
Forward+B) Shoulder Charge: pretty self-explanatory. It can be charged for better range and distance, and at maximum charge, Wario uses the Jet Cap, which allows him to fly horizontally.
Up+B) Corkscrew Conk: the actual corkscrew move from Wario World, instead of the thing we got because apparently none of the developers had ever played a Wario game so they didn't know what it was.
Down+B) Ground Pound: using the Bull Cap from Wario Land. Quite frankly, these moves are usually so bad that I could get behind leaving in the Waft.

As for throws, Wario World inspiration is the way to go. His Mad Moves fill up most of the slots, but being able to carry enemies with his forward throw like Donkey Kong would be ideal. Plus, he could execute the Mad Moves from a carry: A for the Mega Toss, Back+A for the Wild Swing-Ding, and Down+A while airborne for the Piledriver (which would have to have the usual rules for suicide throws, with opponents able to struggle out if you use it off-stage, which would require you to have an enormous percentage advantage to do it reliably).

Those B moves don't offer much variety.

I was making his down+B a hat switch because it would change the properties of his weight and strength, just like they did in Wario Land 1.

Safari/Normal Cap is what he has by default and is the baseline strength he has.

Eagle Cap makes him more lightweight, and lets his jumps travel farther. It also allows him to do his shoulder rush in the air, which gives him great horizontal recovery.

Dragon Cap doesn't alter his stats significantly, but lets him blow a constant cascade of flame while allowing him to move around. It's basically like a spicy curry he can activate at will.

Finally, the Bull Cap makes him a lot heavier and stronger. His hits do more damage and knock people back further, and his down+air (which is his butt slam) causes a little shockwave when it hits the ground. It also gives him some defense when doing his up+B, since people will now be gored by his horns whenever he flies up.

How about his dash attack is his super headrush?

While dashing you can hold the button down to make him lower his head, and if you run for long enough you will gain insane killing power and armor on it.

I'm-a gonna win!

How about his dash attack is his super headrush?

While dashing you can hold the button down to make him lower his head, and if you run for long enough you will gain armor as well as significantly more killing power.

Wario Land is the Kevin Smith of videogames when it comes to sales.