Fighting Game General - Praise the Beamu edition

Goku SSJ God, Android-16 and Android-18 announced.
Story mode announced.
Beta sign ups delayed to August 22nd. Beta will be up from September 16th~18th. Japanese sign ups are available at the Japanese PS Store

Fighters Pack 2 Reveal the 23rd.
New balance patch released. Bizarro released as a new Premier Skin for Superman. Tournament shaders for many characters are available for purchase.
Starfire released for pass owners. She'll be out on the store in August 15th for U$5.99.

Free weekend beta from August 11th to 14th: fantasystrike.com/freeweekend

Jubei will be released on August 31st on consoles along with a balance update. He'll cost U$7.99. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Allen Snider confirmed as a new playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg

Kickstarter for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! reached U$324,639. New character Shark Girl with Parecelsia arcana will come for this version along with a balance patch. kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/

Leaked Arcade mode confirmed by X-Kira: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-&p=293083&viewfull=1#post293083

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Eliza is available for purchase for U$5.00 at the stores for PC/PS4/XboxOne.
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU

Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Firebrand and Ghost Rider teased to be appearing at Gamescon.
New Story Mode trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=UEmhvPoWHWY
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
The 3.8 Eagle update is out as of June 27th 2017.

Dataminer found references for possible future characters and stages Blue Mary, Jubei, Heidern, Hinako, Oswald and Shingo: youtube.com/watch?v=p-AXIGJeHOc

First free DLC character, Max Brass gets a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=HlKDwrr3HA8

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
youtube.com/watch?v=VT_oEkNlAoA
youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightan
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZLdaLTIoMvkoMkxUk2l74A
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/Xvye6
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/17/playstation-pax-west-2017-20-playable-games/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP30tRrxuBs
archive.is/CVy0I
youtu.be/ebp_JixSD5o?t=7m57s
fighter101.net/main/2016/09/02/superfinalfightgold/
mobile.twitter.com/Ken_Deep/status/899951696738209793/video/1
mobile.twitter.com/ATG213/status/899945252605353986/video/1
mobile.twitter.com/Ken_Deep/status/899964615672692737/video/1
mobile.twitter.com/ATG213/status/899940965770723328/video/1
beta.software.eu.playstation.com/en-gb/dbfz
bandainamcoent.com/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-closed-beta-application
archive.is/qGoGK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

F-Akiha or F-Seifuku?

gematsu.com/2017/08/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-launches-january-11-japan-january-30-north-america

Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=VT_oEkNlAoA
Cerebrawl v0.6.5 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightan
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Exploring Fighting Games: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZLdaLTIoMvkoMkxUk2l74A
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

>Previous thread: archive.is/Xvye6

Post your mains.

H-Mech Hisui

F-Seifuku

Is Gundam Versus welcome here? I've seen it shit the bed in Japan with one star reviews trashing it and it's going for 60% off 3 weeks after release.

Makes me not want to preorder it here in America at all and it makes me kinda bummed.

Arena fighters should be welcomed there, since Pokkén and ARMS are mentioned in the OPs. Gundam is safe.

I thought japs loved that shit

They did, but the roster is massively changed from the last arcade version, the netcode is fucked, and the DLC is on par with Capcom's models. But this is also the first major Gundam game to get localized in years.

He's just talking about Gundam Versus. Not the entire story.
Tons of fans doesn't like Versus, because it misses tons of characters that were playable in Full Boost.

Ah, I guess a lot got cut so it could be localized.

You can always test the open beta, or just import the cheaper jap version so you won't get burned much if it's bad. the other Gundam Vs games were piss easy to play without knowing jap and you can just download a digital manual off bamco's site when the localization is out.

I was gonna get it but I'm just gonna wait for the new Virtual On game instead

Remember Jojo ASB? Japs love jojo and they review bombed the hell out of it after all the framerate problems and DLC jewing came to light. If you fuck up the japs will drag the game through the mud

The japanese fans hate CC2's work. Because CC2 cares more about western casual weeaboos than actual japanese fans.

CC2 is never in charge of the roster or major design choices. Bamco lays down the ground work and the funding, then CC2 works with what they got.
There is a bunch of jap interviews where they get asked why isn't X in X game, and the response is always; Bamco and the license holder decides that

I like how they "fixed" MVCI Chun

It's over bros, fighting games are dead.

How do I improve my reaction time?

zap yourself every time you react slowly

How? Is it really that hard to bot have a mode where you fight a series of increasingly challenging npc bots? How i hard is it to do this, like arcade mode is the one thing people expect out of the box for most fighting games yet it took street fighter V how many YEARS and they still haven't put one in. Like what the fuck Holla Forums?

Come on, it's only been EIGHTEEN MONTHS. You can't make that so soon. /s
:P
You do know that Onoo had to use DiMPS to make SF4? Current day Capcom has no programming talent.

Who let the casuals in?

Just picked up GGRev 2. As a person who only played Street Fighter seriously, it's probably going to be a long, uphill battle adapting to the mechanics of it. However, I'm already impressed by its tutorials. 10-ish Basic and Advanced Combos for every character excluding special move tutorials? Practical Application challenges that teach core fundamentals in actual competition? Well done, ArcSys.

Too bad the PS4 servers are deader than Elvis

PLAY UNIEL, IT'S A GOOD GAME

On steam, please. I need more people to play with ;-;

I bet there's people saying the game is fixed now because they changed Chun Li's face and have a less-shitty-than-before-but-still-crap trailer out.

Ranked isn't really populated in ArcSys games in the west but you'll usually find players in lobbies. Also, find a discord or something else that you can use for matchmaking.

Sorry I don't install malwares on my PC

Biiiiig Numbers!
Want to know the best part? Let's compare it with three other companies, Nether, Arc and SNK:
Capcom just decided to fuck up, even when all of their competitors were acting differently.

plebs

I hope it flops harder than SFV.

Stick or Pad?
Or Hitbox?

God damn it, they'll include too much DBSuper shit. I really didn't want to see SSBlue in this game.
Fucking Toei probably twisted their nipples to force this shit in.
Whatever, the game still looks sick.

Absolutely plebeian.

The game could use some insecure hulking maniac with boobs IMHO.
So far, they could really improve in the girls department.

I think this really depends on the game you play. Kof xiv is in my opinion very hard to play with a controller. But games like mk or injustice work fine.

On the xbox controller the problem is those LT/RT and LB/RB buttons. Those buttons are harder to time correctly.

wtf

Shame

At this point on time, the only thing to expect from Capcom is disappointment.

Steering wheel

We're trying to do something outlandish here you plebe.

Faggot.

Oh yea, they totally fixed everything. Okay, how do you fuck up eyes to a point where Jedah looks like a retarded, durpy motherfucker?

>mfw a friend tried to tell me MvCi doesnt looks that bad
Is it too late to save him, guys?

I'd understand the characters looking like Dark Souls if the gameplay wasn't so phoned in.

Every figting game on the Ps4 is dead as fuck. Which really makes me sad. I don't have the PC specs or the wallet tech to run/afford fighting games on the PC, and I really really want to get raped in these games so I can improve my skill.

GG has a pretty active PS4 community - you just need to look in a Discord group for matches because ranked is dead.

Poor Frank.

Wait, haven't I seen that before?

I've check around the casual lobbies for hot single matches in my area, but didn't find anything. Maybe I should check again.

Fucking…… Discord. Ugh.

Should play proper games like SFV which is doing well in PS4, especially in Asia

I know you're joking, but here's a reminder that SFV is called Duty Fighter V in Japan and even Korea.

Fuck off, Justin Wong!

Playing SFV with Ryu as a main is like pulling teeth. It's also not as fun or Stylish as GG.

Goddamn I wish I had enough money for Tekken 7 at least.

Does your friend have an alcohol addiction?

And people said the exact same thing about SF4.

Yeah well I'm gonna go and enjoy my unfair early access to MvCI

I just recently started using a stick (was using pad) it's surprisingly comfortable. If you plan on getting a stick don't be cheap and don't make the mistake of using a octagonal gate. It's limitations become very obvious the moment you start using it.

dpads are the smoothest for doing combos involving back+forwards without accidentally jumping

You need to stick to Discord rooms then. I'm playing Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition online with a few from the Discord room. My Yukina does get her ass kicked all over the place but I'm learning pretty fast. I believe that learning a few little tricks and optimizing my damage may put me on their level. Also there are many great fighters that don't take much to run them. Arcana Heart 3, Melty Blood, Koihime Enbu, Nitroplus Blasterz, Yatagarasu, and anything on Fightcade. All of those you can pirate and Melty is one of the few where you can use something like CCCaster to play online better than the official version.

What exactly is wrong with MvCI? I haven't kept up with it.

If you play at arcades a lot or plan to. Get a stick. Otherwise I would use what you're used to.

Shit still irritates me. Why not makes the joints purple then?

I find it really difficult to block lows with a controller, however I haven't played with a stick yet coming today, so I can't say. Keyboard's too awkward for me.

What's bad about an octagonal gate? If you're talking mainly about using charge characters then I could see it being a problem, but what's its problems otherwise?

I'll play you on GG, user in a few months when I suck less

What's wrong with Function vs. Function Infinite? Fucking everything, man. Shitty recycled mechanics from removed characters into "new" ones, no X-Men or Fantastic Four (Doom, Skrull), a big push for MCU-related cast, Day One DLC, Dante's on heroin, the list goes on.

How else do you expect them to get the money from a bleeding game? They're afraid to charge for paid patches and retards won't buy characters with real money when they can easily get required microtransactions by using tools to get those characters on PC for free. They can do absolutely nothing with this shitty game now outside of making costumes and it smells like this is why Infinite is going to be ridden with ton of paid DLC characters too, even if this piece of shit will fail they can milk retarded buyers to maximum with DLC characters and costumes.

I find that blocking low feels just fine on a square gate, as the joystick shaft fits nicely down into the corners.

I'll forgive them if they allow the ginyu force to be in

Maybe Ginyu, the rest are disallowed because of powerwank and "muh no one that weak should be allowed to beat Goku, same reason we aren't getting Mr. Satan.

Not that I know of, though it would explain a lot.

Unsettling trend.

It would, a lot of things seem way better than they actually are when you're drunk.

Capcom needs to be purged

Jurifags and Alex players are still on suicide watch.

With that said, I'm really scared of what they will do to Red Arremer/Firebrand.

How much do you guys wanna bet that the collector's edition of MVCI with all those statues and DLC and gems and shit is gonna be like $70 in less than a year?

Just like what happened with Duke Nukem Forever.

well atleast you get something more out of the DNF set than just a bad game. You get a bust to remind you what could've been.

Just asking, is SVC Chaos really a bad game? Is it worth downloading just to play as Zero for a Zerofag?

I found it way more difficult to pull off DP's on a octagonal gate compared to a square gate. The last thing I wanna be dealing with in a fighting game is not being able to pull off basic moves consistently.

The restrictor gates are pretty cheap and easy to install so it's not a hassle to try it out for yourself.

It's mediocre at best. The sprite art is nice and there's plenty of dialogue at least, if you're willing to put up with the half-assed gameplay.

Man they keep making this game worse and worse

It's a solid game, but nothing special. It probably would have gotten a better reception with it wasn't so dreary looking compared to other Neo geo games.
Remember to download the SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom Plus version instead of the legit one

>A FUCKING box with characters printed on it

The version without Zero is pretty good. :^)

Every new thing I learn about this game just makes me more furious.
Literally all they had to do was take 012 and add new characters & online play.

I'm kind of glad I don't know much about Final Fantasy.

The game doesn't need more DBS shitters, and it especially doesn't need those shitty alt universe saiyans.

I can try after I get back to practicing it.

maybe im just blind but her face doesn't look too bad, its just an average animu face.

you know id be playing KoF XIV if I had playstation plus but I dont and I refuse to pay for that shit.

I was actually thinking about building something like this. I like my fightstick, but even simple inputs like a double QCF is a challenge if I'm trying to do it really fast.

God damn, this game's artstyle is abhorrent.

Summarizing something I said in another thread.

Did anyone notice the full screen blocking/flinching in MvCI? I seriously doubt this was intentional. You can see it in this footage and it shows better in this webm here

Any active hitbox on the screen, no matter how far away you are, causes you to block if you're holding back. In the webm, you can see the zombie completely stops Dr. Strange in his tracks as he tries to back away. In the vid, you can see Haggar throw a barrel while hopping over Spiderman and he's forced to block until it's off the screen. This mechanic isn't in any of the other MvC games either. So I can only assume this is there due to it being heavily rushed. This may cause zoning characters to be absurdly OP or characters with assists that stay on the screen for a while could really lock down your ground movement. I believe the only way to avoid this would be to backdash or jump backwards.

Looking this game up still. I can see why it's being shit on so hard.

been wanting to try out a fighting game for awhile, which game would you guys recommend? i was thinking of getting MvC3 because it looks like fun and i have friends who play that.

Depends, what do you want to see in a fighter?
Do you hate combos? Then try Samurai Shodown V, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter 2, Vanguard Princess, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, Virtua Fighter 5, Vanguard Princess, and Koihime Enbu.

Do you want easy inputs for moves? Then try Melty Blood, Guilty Gear Xrd, Under Night in Birth EX Lat[st], and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition.

Want some games with long, flashy combos? There's MvC2/3, Blazblue: Central Fiction, Nitroplus Blasterz, Koihime Enbu (when you get a fatal counter), Skull Girls, SNK vs Capcom 2, and Melty Blood.

Want something that teaches good fundamentals? Street Fighter 2/3/EX+Alpha, Vanguard Princess, Koihime Enbu, Samurai Showdown V, Garou, and Guilty Gear Xrd.

Want something fast? Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R, Melty Blood, MvC2/3, Killer Instinct, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Marvel Super Heroes, Skull Girls.

Want something a little different? Gundam Versus, Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost, Senko no Ronde 2,

I gotta go find some version of MUGEN that is based entirely on the charming NGPC fighters, but it'd be a massive SNK fest though, which is alright kinda.

Just looked, never mind…

ok, so I downloaded 2D fighter maker 2002 and a bunch of kof sprites.

Planning on doing my own original kof fighter.

Give me ideas, what would be something that kof games or fighting games has never done before?

Why?

On the one hand, you've got people who just want to see who's the best at the game. Then you've got other players that want to make money from it and the coporations that stand to make money if they can make it big.

While I don't like MvC3 for its comeback feature (x-factor), how you tag partners, launcher button and visuals where you can't really understand what the fuck is going on at lower levels but,
By all means, at least try. Having fun should be the most important thing in videogames.

Look, just because they're hard or not really usual, there's still combos in these games. Maybe it would be better to recommend Samurai Shodown II and KOF'98.
Injustice/Mortal Kombat have easy inputs for moves. Xrd is filled with hcb,f stuff and DPs that are not really intuitive for beginners. Fantasy Strike is all about easier inputs but has link combos because Sirlin is a fucktard And older Samurai Shodown games like II have easier inputs and system.

Maybe it's a drawback of being able to reflect everything but both aspects are stupid.

Assists AND tag like mahvel games, air combos, clash system, stage interactables, ring outs and other stuff.
Not like I ever wanted that stuff in a KOF game. For XV I would like to go back to 2003/XI with tag system but refined. Maybe different tags, MAX mode being different not just for extending combos but maybe dealing more damage and changing pushback like Advanced mode. Hell, put groove-like system as 98UMFE but with tags and better balanced they buffed EXTRA too much in UM. Fuck Eiji

But why ARMS? its a literal party games with motion control. That furry fighting game is even more legit than ARMS

Yeah, I get it, most of the time you don't spend your time fishing for launchers, but you WILL do combos in VF and in some circumstances, depending on your character and the weight class of your opponent's character, you can easily do ridiculous combos that take away half life, wall combos can sometimes be extremely ridiculous and take away around 80% health. On the other hand some characters, Taka especially, are ring out machines and like the name implies their combos make it really easy to ring someone out and even if the stage is walled it just means that your asshole will be even more reamed if they do a wall combo.

This didn't stop smash from being on evo.

Capcom was already going downhill.

Listen, the characters are not great, but frankly, why lose the oportunity to play with some new characters? We've been playing with the same DBZ fighters since the SNES, why not use the newer chars, and better yet, the new female saiyans.
If the game had not included any bullshit from Super, I would be OK, but since the tumblr saiyans will be there, as different characters nonetheless, they better give me psychobulkybitch too! And addbthe fucking cat, just because.
This already fucked up Z, so why not make it mote crazy. And, I bet the new chars will be DLC if they are not included.

What cat?

Dissidia should had been based more in Power Stone or Virtual On. 4 players, one big arena, no ring outs, beat the crap out of each other. But with local multiplayer. I can't believe they could not released this game on the 360 or PS3. And even now it will not have split screen. A shame.

6 games;
KoF: Kyo, Iori, Leona, Angrier Purple Iori
Fatal Fury: Terry, Mai, Geese
Art of Fighting: Ryo, Yuri
Samurai Shodown: Haohmaru, Nakoruru
The Last Blade: Akari
Psycho Soldier: Athena

Best cat. I still want them to add Tapion and Baby Vegeta.

You guys cannot be serious if you weren't expecting for the Blue duo to not be in the game as separated characters althought I expected ArcSys to at least give then their RoF costumes. I'm impressed that Bamco didn't put them behind a paywall as a preorder bonus or DLC. I hope you're ready when Black is announced.

Broly has probably the biggest fanbase of the non-canon characters. Watch her be just an assist of Caulifla or even just appear as a super DHC both did in the tournament recently like Teen Gohan's Father&Son Kamehameha. I also expect some sort of Mystic/Ultimate/Sayaman Gohan since the current one doesn't have attacks like Masenko

Nekomajin?

I just want Arale in to make bitches ragequit on me when I zap them with the angels and destroy with heatbutts or cracking the planet in half

Because the new saiyans are utter shit, especially fembroly

I want maxed out Kale

I'd be down for Zamasu if he ended up being the character that everyone fucking hates. Then I'd play him for the sake of acting super smug and mining salt.

But the story bis in the V-Jump issue are promissing

That's why I said fighting series, since Psycho Soldier is not a fighter. But I missed on series.

Only if they are incompetent. They have plenty of freedom to mess with them.

I just don't want a good fighter with the same cast again, when they have a bigger pool to use for the roster. Even if she would be just an assist, it would be "Better than nothing™".

I mean, it easily justifies why a bunch of friends would be beating the shit out of each other, but that kind of story always seems so lazy to me.

do any of you guys have any experience using a powerline adapter for fightan? my current living situation makes running a cable to the router unfeasible. how do you know which one is good?

just when i thought capcom couldn't fuck over darkstalkers anymore than they already had

mvc3's online is total garbage that will never be fixed, so unless you have a local scene i wouldn't necessarily recommend it. try some stuff on fightcade, kof 98 or any of the street fighter games wouldn't be a bad place to start. mvc1 and the proto-mahvel games are all on there as well.
for any snk game you can go into training mode by setting the dipswitches to aes

I've been using a powerline adapter for the past year and it's been as good as ethernet for me, but it ultimately depends on how your wiring is set up.
How do you know any brand of anything is good? Get something with a not shit reputation.

What is your opinion on Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary?

Game that could have been the first competitive fighting game that died when SEGA got butthurt the two Koreans who entered got 1st and 2nd place in the first international tournament.

SEGA never recovered from the butthurt and only did Japanese tournaments.

Question:

If china is a communist country, how is the development process to make a videogame like Sango fighters chaos generation?
It seems like they have to copy other movesets, characters, and mechanics from other fighting games (but mainly SFV), but then they have their own original models. It also seems like it's by it's own company but I don't know if the company itself is owned by tencent? I'm just wondering how much free reign does a dev in china have when making a game?

The greatest way a fighting game series has ever celebrated their anniversary.

and what the fuck do you mean "how much free reign does a dev in china have when making a game?"

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/17/playstation-pax-west-2017-20-playable-games/
Looks like summer means September for SamSho V special

All I want is;
Hell just do the first two things and I'll be happy.

What fightans are you playing now?

Trying to find a new main in CF, taking a break from UNIEL and Rev2.

Playing either KoF98 or Accent Core Plus R and alsothinking of getting a PS3 and a fightstick sometime soon so I can try Virtua fighter 5:FS and Rev 2. Are the Qanba fightsticks any good?

I wonder if Goku's new form will make it into Fighterz. It's not great but I like it more than SSJB.

Qanba Q1 are pretty much the best bang for your buck in the market at the moment or so I'm told

Couldn't tell you, I play on pad.

I could see it being DLC or some nonsense like that.

Focusing on KoF XIV and UNIELst since those are the games most played at my locals now.
I should really start getting a feel for Street Fighter EX2+ again since Arika talked about how EX2+ is used as the ground work for Fighting EX Layer.

Still trying to git gud at Rev 2. Still failing. I also wanna start playing KoF14, but I'm not terribly familiar with SNK and the only character I know how to play is Terrywell, I know his commands from playing CvS2. Brazillian weeaboo and King of Dinosaurs seem like fun, but I need more time in training before I start going online.

Dat fit Cammy

Like every media created in China, before release the shit is shown to the rating board and tell you if it's okay or not. If it's not you can't release it and you'll have to rework the "problematic" parts or give up.
Stuff like references to death/dead bodies, criticism of the communist party or whatever that can be seen as an allegory slightly against communism in any form has to be sanitized.

Uniel and BB Central Fiction.

Qanba Q1/Carbon if you play PS3.

With the death of Alfonso Azpiri, I was thinking about something. How an Europeand BD fighting game would look and play?
Lorna vs Dredd, Corto vs Luke, and so on. Forget power levels or anything like this, how could this work?

Wouldn't happen because the only euro devs worth their salt are Slavs and they don't read BDs.

THE WITCHER FIGHTAN WHEN?

Taking time off Injustice 2, just started playing Rev 2 a couple of days ago now that I have a fightstick. Halfway through Sol's advanced combos and might start with him as my main. I know that combos do not a good player make, but I think being proficicient in their ececution should help my timing, movement and spatial awareness.

Well, there is an ASSFAGGOTS for phones…

kys

The Qanba Q1/Carbon is pretty good and being able to swap the Qanba parts for Sanwa is nice.

The only issue I had with it is that the USB cable is a bit finicky so I had to tape it down. It's an issue I doubt most sticks have so I likely just got unlucky.

Pics related

you suck at fg

Combos don't really help with that. Combos are only a tool used in footsies, an aspect of punishing whiffed attacks. All the combos in the world won't help you if you don't have good fundamentals.

Imagine a timeline where Capcom negotiated with SONY to have a polished SFV to be release for 2018.

What's the best version of EVIL RYU?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP30tRrxuBs

The best version of Evil Ryu is the one that doesn't exist and I am sort of walking away from the game while flipping it off

Why mad characters can't be a mechanic, and not a Slot? I loved how they did it with Leona and ABA, but this is something most companies just can't do it.
Evil Ryu should be just a special state that Ryu could enter if he was with 25% of HP and full bar, or something like that.
The same for Shin Gouki, Bloodthirst Leona and Iori… Make it irreversible and give your character less armor. We might need some mugen footage for that.

The best version of Evil Ryu is the one that was not actually playable but was merely a story idea from Alpha, where you saw hints of it being horrible in cut-scenes but never actually played as him, because that completely ruins the mystique of a good guy going full unbeatable bad-ass mode.

It's really sad knowing old 3d porn comics & 3D porn artists do a better job with source material.

Bandeiras got some fun stuff in 2.00. King of Dinosaurs can pass through fireballs with his EX jump "on the head" move. There's a guy who recently won a tournament with him and Xanadu

Recently bought BlazblueCF in anticipation for Jubei but mostly messing around with Taokaka and Rachel before the patch.

I wanna see how many times you do that in a match in 2002. Same for Chris -> Orochi Chris in 2002UM.

In KOF the Orochi trio are almost completely different characters only sharing some nomals and even then, have different properties Regular Shermie is so much better than a Benimaru knock off. That would be same as making Mature and Vice a single character with a transformation. As for Leona and Iori, they're stronger and faster versions of the regular characters. In older games, Iori turned into his Riot of Blood state during SDMs like the Maiden Masher. And Leona now can control herself so she taps in that power during her own SDMs in XIV.

As for Street Fighter, I felt like only Evil Ryu was a bad case in SFIV looking like a fusion of Ryu and Akuma (that are already shotos). Oni was so stupid and different that might as well be from some anime fightan

In DBFZ, they're going for Ky/RoboKy or KOF style with different specials and supers for those versions so they'll play different.

It wasn't hard to pull of if she was my last character. But that whole up+down stuff was weird. But I also used ABA as an example. Changing the axe was easy, and ut pretty much changed many things on her too.
Mature and Vice example was stupid, because you are pretty much fusing characters, and not making versions.
Hell, Bloody Roar is basic this whole idea as a mechanic, with characters becoming stronger and with different moves.
You don't really need to add many new moves, but maybe one or two, and new effects to the existent. Maybe an advanced V-Trigger.
ASSFAGGOTS usually have characters with very different sets of skills if you change them. Like Elise and Nidalee from LoL. One version is melee, the other is a zoner. That surely could be applied to fighting games more often. I mean, if ASSFAGGOTS players can deal with that, we can too.

That's what happens when you get people that like beauty and people that don't understand it, or avoid it.
Injustice/MK artist understand beauty, but they just fucked his designs.

It's her unlock code in '97. I think it was a neat detail.
But you're the one who posted a video of a Shermie transforming in her Orochi persona. Chris does the same thing with his HSDM in 2002UM. And each one of the trio plays completely different from their normal counterparts and in Shermie's case, her regular form with 1-frame grabs and ground setups is much better than her unsafe and gimmicky specials of the other version unless you want to take the risk of literally killing yourself.

The character being in a different slot or not doesn't really matter. KOF not only does this with the Orochi characters but many "past/different" versions too in dreammatches or XIII with the press of a button instead of slots. I even gave an example of how Oni is too different compared to other shotos and it's kind like the same in other games like Blazblue where they separated Nu from Lambda in CPEX and kept both in CF.

That have absolutely nothing to do with Mature and Vice.

I said this should be reworked to function better, they don't need to just take the Orochi counterpart and put it, as it is.

It does. Because it was like MKX had different slots for each variation in this case. It would make the game looks like a mugen version, with 100 chars.

THREADLY REMINDER THE FGG THREAD IS COMPROMISED BY CIRCLE-JERKING NAMEFAGS ON DISCORD WHO USE THIS AS THEIR GAMERGATE THREAD

Bite your tongue, plebian.

what is this shit? Mystic Goku SSGSS?

But can he fly or swim?

This isn't the first time he's driven a car.

Okay now you're just baiting.

Let's just hope its the last time he has to. The only reason he would drive a car is so he doesn't out-run all the other racers.

archive.is/CVy0I
Ya'll ready for Samurai Shodown VII and Garou 2

I'll believe it when the games actually come out. until then I expect more mobile shit

Truly, the genre is dead with no hope of resuscitation.
F
:^)

Sorry for the completely OT but someone please humor me on this - anyone not being able to load pixiv.net?

Works on my machine

I can see from the danbooru updates that it's still running. Don't get why it suddenly stopped working on my end.
I'm not ready to go cold turkey…

Honestly I thought they were gonna go with a Metal Slug 8 before another fighter.
I'd suck Oda's dick for a revival of Magician Lord 2 tho.

I can't believe we're entering another dark age.

yeah I thought a metal slug too. But I'm guessing now a samsho, metal slug, or a Gary-O game within the next year or two or else it's the same old plan of KoF every year until they die.

So what if it makes no sense? Think that Sonic, Shadow, etc driving cars is so the others aren't disadvantaged or even do not, what matters is the game was seriously fun. I've finished every single challenge in it, this is the only driving game I've ever 100%'d, and multiplayer was great when it worked. There's the fact the game constantly kept disconnecting me (and not only me) until I stopped playing, and then the hackers came making it completely unplayable.

You also didn't answer the question you fucktard. Can Sonic fly or swim? No, he can't. Also, I don't recall a Sonic game where he was able to run on top of *fucking lava* without dying.

Dark Age? More like Dank Age.

My experince with all-star racing transformed was eh, but if you found it fun enough to defend, good for you.

Heh.

Oh no, you're right. How will Sonic ever get around lava? Its not like he could run across the walls or around the lava, nor could hop from rock to rock. No, he needs a car, one that is apparently heat-resistant and doesn't gradually melt at close-contact if we're going to imply logic to this. Sonic doesn't fly nor swim because he doesn't need to. Want Sonic in the air? Find a ramp and build up momentum. Want Sonic to get pass water? Run fast across it. Want Sonic to get pass lava? Read above. If anyone's a fucktard, its you for a lack of creativity and critical thinking you short-bus rider.

Now back to fighting games, what would anyone look for in a possible VF6?

Amusing how you're reaching extremely far to make him viable on foot in a racing game against other people with cars. "Oh, he has to be running on walls and jumping from rock to rock while never touching the lava which other cars are free to drive on. He has to constantly find ramps to stay in the air alongside other drivers who can stay in the air indefinitely, but he's the only one subject to gravity."

I'm really glad your stupid ass is never going to be a game designer.

Is Robo Ky in Rev 2? I'll even buy the dlc if that's what it takes.

Rate my newest shitty homemade stick

I like how practical it is.

Unfortunately, nope, he's not in. The gooks constantly put him in the story and even gave him a big role there but he's not implemented yet anyway. I am beginning to get pissed off by this bullshit, they keep teasing but not providing.

Yeah, I can open it up easily to do repairs and I plan to get some foam to make it quieter and store tools/stuff inside.
The only problem is the weight, it's too fucking light.

Looks pretty good to me. Is there any room for anything? I've always wanted a cool looking stick but I can't use them to save my life.

you could probably weigh it down on the inside somewhere with a paperweight.

But user, SFV hasn't sold 6 gorillion units and you still haven't pre-ordered MvCI. It's like you're not part of this community or something. smh tbh fam

VF4Evo and VF5 set a good precedent for tutorials, single player content and customization so just build on that. A tag battle mode like DOA's might be a good addition.
As for expanding the roster, I hope they add more IRL martial arts and Kiryu as a guest character.

Hail Satan!

you're not very bright
Gamergate is a circlejerk of regulars. this is no different.

I saw his cutscenes in Rev, shame. Guess I'll wait for Rev Sign 4: Chrono Blaz

Also, they should have made his hair turn silver and be done with the SSJ forms. Signal "SSJ5" a slight bit and be done.

The idea that these cars/boats can go across lava without burning or exploding on contact is just as ridiculous as Sonic running on lava. That was my point, seeing this is a work of fiction why not have Sonic on lava in that case? His shoes could be lava-proof, just like the cars. :^)

Go away and jerk off to your anime titties, Homer.

Ignore the horrible wiring, I'm just testing it out before I do it for real.
Enough space for anything small.

I'm thinking fishing weights or something like that.

look closer. I think those "snake slits" are just glares on his pupils that are hard to see due to the color and slightly blurred scan.

Ishiwatari said he wants Robo-Ky as the next character due to his unique playstyle, so hopefully he'll be in the next DLC/next iteration. If not, I might not buy whatever's next despite GG being pretty much my favorite because blueballing me so much really should have consequences

When have they not? I mean yeah Kage does some ridiculous shit, but he's a ninja and Wolf and El Blaze are pro wrestlers and that's not really a martial art but every fighter needs a pro wrestler. I don't think they'll just lose it and start putting completely batshit anime-tier movesets like Tekken does lately.
Which martial arts would you like to see represented? I'd like to see Sambo, but I guess Vanessa is kinda close when it comes to that.

White should still be the ultimate conclusion of ssj power transferred through hair.
White is the hottest part of a flame.

Hair should be white and eyes should have no color, no pupils, no iris, just white.
And it should be illuminated white.

SEGA takes the lore of sonic games shockingly seriously these days.
Keep in mind that Sonic 06 is still considered canon. Its already been established that sonic cannot walk of lava and they would have to provide justification for both his ability to do so in SASRT and justification for him to stop using it in subsequent games.

They always had and that's what I meant - expand on that instead of doing whatever the fuck the Tekken devs have been doing since 6.
As for martial arts, my top picks are Sambo and Boxing. And there's TKD and Capoeira for obvious missing ones.

Didn't 06 retcon itself away in a way?

It's either that or Ariels, and I'm not against new characters or anything but Kum honestly sucks. Who even uses that?

It made a time loop that silver was able to escape from in the ending on Sonic Generations.
youtu.be/ebp_JixSD5o?t=7m57s

I remember him having atrociously low usage even in arcades, and I think I've never seen anyone play him online on PC in Rev except for my friend who sometimes picks randomly. Ariels would probably play like a refined half-gorilla if the story mode is any indication, but I'd like her implemented anyway. Not before Robo-Ky is in, but I wouldn't mind her at all. She's not a randomly chosen ninja secretary or a character nobody knows or wants, but someone responsible for most of Guilty Gear events.

I'm sure they'll do a great job, as a karateka they did an amazing job in VF5R. Jean became my secondary as soon as I checked his move list because his karate is on-point. It's the same reason Jin became my secondary since Tekken 5 (he had the same moveset in 4, but I skipped that one for obvious reasons). I thought that one couldn't be topped since they got Ryu Narushima for motion capture, but now I like VF's interpretation more, I really wonder who did the motion capture for Jean.

But should Sega add more "colorful" characters or the plain classic types? I kinda respect the fact that VF's cast always stayed simple (which helps the customization) and I guess the odd ducks are both from J6 so there's that common point.
The one thing that disappointed me was Vanessa getting literally debuffed and VF4EVO (at least the EU version) censored her and both her costumes are tactical vests.

If Virtua Fighter 6 does happen, does anyone else want to see Team Battle mode from VF3 return? I loved that mode mostly because I'm a big KoF fag
They also have to finally add Siba and make his background lore based around hating Akira for taking his spotlight

I'd prefer if it stayed tame, hell even Jean and Goh look really tame compared to edgelord characters in other games. Also, speaking of customization, it's kind of amazing how deep it actually is and how still there's no game that comes close.

Generals are always full of regulars, it's not exclusive to this general.

Sure thing jimmy.

Wildly off topic question, but is there a term for that pose where someone stands kinda hunched with their hips forward? I've seen it in God knows how many anime and video games.

My hopes rose and died in half a minute.

Bandeiras still sucks, Vanessa sucks, a third of the rooster is useless for competitive matches, they either have no hit confirms, unsafe specials, or don't do enough damage, several characters are just a poorman's version of a another one if you take a detailed look at their moves, like Heart, she is just an inferior Iori.

Speaking of Iori, why did the people at SNK thought it would be a good idea to give a character nearly all imaginable tools ? Do they even know what balance means?
-Crossup kick
-standing low
-command grab into full combo
-cancelable rekka
-Dp
-fireball
-command normals for hit confirming
Just give him a divekick already for fucks sake.

There is a huge gap between tiers in this game, i hope SNK gets their shit together if they expect to keep making money on this, the fucking game has not received any update since it released on Steam, also fuck the guys who made Vanessa a hottie and then proceeded to make her the worst character in the game

It's more like a fifth of the roster, there is a fuck load of characters that can fully be competitive but nobody wants to put in an effort when you can just got high tier. Like Maxima is always considered low tier but he can easily crush opponents if in the right hands.
pic related

South America would lose their shit if Iori is ever a bottom-tier character.

Nidhogg2 is a better low-exec fightan-style game

IORI OP same reason as Akuma is always OP in a SF game

Imagine SFV's Ryu V-trigger element was WIND.

I started playing Eltnum in UNIEL, she's so fun. I never liked her much in Melty but never tried her in UNIEL before. I'm almost divorcing my waifu for her.

I'm having trouble picking a character. I played Alisa, Asuka, and Paul before, maining Alisa in the end. I want to play someone else now but I'm having a hard time picking one.
I'd play Lars if I wanted to be that faggot.

Gotcha covered.

Thanks familia. Think I'll go Nina or Miguel.

Watch CherryBerryMango's Jin and try to imitate his play

still remember playing MeltyBlood: ReAct and that girl was the last boss, her triple kamehameha was lethal

That's really cool user, makes me want to make one myself.

Evil Ryu to be like MvC3 Phoenix?

Shoryuken

What's with this one autist going on about "wind elements"?

Why don't actual SFV models look this good?
It's 2017, there is no excuse anymore.

Yeah, why don't they alienate the few people that play fighting games with high requirements to run it?

Fuck poorfags.

Will we ever get a Garou Mark of the Wolves sequel?

Yeah, the biggest selling fighting game couldn't break 2m sales over almost two years, fuck poorfags xD

SF hasn't been the biggest selling fightan for years,bro.

*Yeah, the biggest selling fighting game barely broke 3m over its lifetime, fuck poorfags xD

When will SF characters be in Final Fight style beat'em up?

I doubt it, we barely got kof14.

Consoles can't run it. Better yet, blur the shit out of it, throw in two dozen post-processing filters, smear an extra layer of shit straight from the company's CEO on top, and call it High End Graphics. Normalfags eat buzzwords up and as long as you lead with a dazzling pre-rendered trailer showing a choreographed fight scene that is far-and-away more complex than any real in-game fight, they'll never break free of the advertising mind-control.

… we got the pachinko…

doesn't get much more depressing than that.

You sound really butthurt.

t. some faggot that got upset after getting made fun of for posting retarded shit

Sf is dead to me.
RIP

What do you want, exactly? A new PS All-Stars?

How niche are fighters?

SNK developing "many new fighting games," unsure on DLC and updates for The King of Fighters XIV
What snk do you want?

Nah, they're still working on Rev2 while also doing DBFZ. They've released some story mode updates after announcing DB, after all.

My name is not Sanchez Burritos or Wong Dong so none. They'll be dead on arrival in Europe on PC, and there are better fighting games anyway.

from super pleb to super obscure

TAS

As niche as it gets probably.

< 3 - 4 most popular fighting games

< Lesser known fighting games

You realise there's 30k-40k people logged in at any time playing Civ 5 every day, and about 10-15k for Civ6?

I was limiting myself to the guys doing competitive vidyas, but yeah.

Indeed, fuck the poorfags, i haven't had a single problem with KOF 14 on PC except maybe some online hiccups on a regular basis, yet there seems to be a myriad of people claiming it is a bad port because it won't run on their shitty hardware, seriously, fucking spics must be trying to run the game on Intel HD Graphics from 2012, also probably why SNK didn't bother to further enhance the game's graphics, this needs to stop

In a way, he already is, since he is supposed to have less HP than normal Ryu, but with the game giving you the option to change if you want. I think this was the problem with Phoenix, to transform, you needed to not only lose on whole health bar, but you also needed to have 5 Specials. I wanted something a bit like Bloody Roar, maybe.

I think this is not only because consoles can't run. They can run much better models than the ones we have now, but it would need more time to implement and to create the better models. And that makes it difficult to make more DLC.

Officially? Never probably, but, if you want some fan work, here it is: fighter101.net/main/2016/09/02/superfinalfightgold/

Frankly, I would like them to get more involved in one game, before the next. They probably have a small staff, so, it would be wise to fix the problems of KOF first, and then go for the new SamSho. I mean, Capcom is already out of the way for almost all the fans, they can take a good chunk of the market if they are careful.

Fuck you. Fighting games are ghetto territory.
If you wanna play games with your rich people friends, go play FPS, you fucking pleb.

Civ 5 and 6 are normalfag 4X games which make them feel like they're playing actual strategy games, so yeah they should be about higher.

>>>/reddit/
Fuck off faggot, you have to go back

Same guy that reposts his upboat farming posts from reddit and keeps flooding the thread with his retarded "will X ever Y???" questions, methinks.

You're an idiot.
Doing a control+v on a post will put an extra line feed in each likes. This is what Infinity does to every posts.

And anyone who isn't an obvious newfag knows that and corrects it

You have to go back
>>>/reddit/

Who let these faggots in, seriously.

I want metal slug 8 with Ikari team as well as Whip as a new playable character.

That Ivy looks like a tranny.

Fighters megamix 2 never ever

I don't get that. When it launched I had a graphics card from 2010 and I was able to run it fine after turning down the settings a bit.

For fighters I'd want a new Art of Fighting more than anything, but a new Samurai Shodown looks far more likely.
But if I could get any game from them it would be Neo Turf Masters 2 and Magician Lord 2

New Samurai Shodown and Garou 2. I'd love both to be 2D but I really make it a point of Garou 2 being 2D.

If I could have anything, well, you folks already know what I want - open world goddess Athena action RPG and CUUHRAIZEEE 3rd person action/shooter Ikari Warriors.

All I want is for Garou 2 to get rid of the T.O.P mode. The T.O.P moves should use bar or be available all of the time. I'm not alone in thinking this.
I want a lot of little changes to the game
especially since garou has my favorite version of Terry in it.

So, I'm having some problems that you may or may not be able to help.
I started playing UNIEL and I'm liking the game a lot, I'm looking for optimal play yet because I'm just feeling the game and enjoying myself getting to know it and trying to get some stuff to click with me.
The games feels a bit weird for me though, specially the combo system. I don't know how express this, so sorry if I'm vague, but the window to link and cancel moves seems tight (which I like) and due to the game speed (which I also enjoy) it gives me the impression that I need to quickly do the inputs in succession to get what I and its feel like I'm mashing out combos - and in practice it's like I'm mashing, I can't get a hit confirm or when I get it I'm too late to get a combo out of it so I end up whiffing and getting punished for it or getting countered.
Also, I can do stuff in training mode but when I go to an online match I just can't get it. Let's say:
So, I guess is… how I deal with it? I just have to get faster or is there something I'm not understanding?
I'm pretty chill during matches, I'm not stressed out and long gone are the days that I raged over video games so that's surely not the cause. Maybe I'm too excited and not realizing my jitters? I just want to have a clue on what I need to work on for me to start improving.
Also, is there a place I can find BnBs and stuff for the characters?

I'm sorry, how? Just because her cr.C poke?
Aside from the bottom tier, I wouldn't go that far. Many simply don't put effort like said.

Besides, Iori is not even the best character in the game right now like pic related. Note that it doesn't cover the brazilian and scottish tournaments that feature the Hein beatdown and Xanadu winning respectively.

KOFXI and somewhat 2002 exists. By the way, 2002 is the favorite one of the spics by far.
I would say the only retarded thing they did with Iori is giving him super cancel properties on his dp with 2.00.

I would be down for that AOF "modern" beat'em up retelling/reboot. Something like Yakuza games but set in South Town would be a dream. But for fightans, I'm fine with a new Samurai Shodown. It can catter to the modern "easy inputs", "less focused on combos" crowd easily and still be a great game.

As for XIV, I would like a few updates to the balance and those characters found in the datamining would be great for the fans.

More practice.

I never knew I wanted such a thing until now.
I would agree on the tier gaps. The thing is it's usually a safer choice with characters like Benimaru or Iori because they possess a versatile(?) moveset. But a versatile moveset is useless if you can't adapt.

It's not that I think there aren't gaps between tiers but "huge gaps" reminds me more of games like '98, 2002 and XI where there are 3~6 gods and the other characters don't really matter unless you're a specialist or a particular matchup like Mai in '98.
Even XIII in the latter years is hard to avoid the DLC team plus a few Kims and Shens.

For XIV it will be one year old in the next week and I think there's still room for growth in the tech.

How about Yamazaki in the Yakuza games? :^)

Stopped reading there

Why is SFV sale numbers so low

The short answer is the bad launch, poor word-of-mouth about a game from a company that even casuals are starting to look at critically, a constant stream of damage control articles in the face of stuff like 8 frames of lag and rootkits acted as reverse psychology to an audience that already distrusts them, and the marketing for the game overly relying on e-sports which only reaches people who already know about or own the game. One of the main reasons 4 did so well was because it managed to be "that cool old arcade game you played as a kid, but new!" for a lot of gamers out there. 5 came out at a time when the casual fans already had their fill and moved on to the next big fad. If the game was as feature complete as USF4 and didn't have so many gameplay problems, it would be doing better, but then Capcom would be looking at a basic case of loss of interest over time that other big franchises like CoD and WoW are facing. They're chasing a ship that's already sailed.

I'm thinking about trying new characters for GG, I was looking at Venom, Bedman, Slayer, or Jack-O, what would you guys recommend

Will giving everyone a 2nd V-trigger change anything in SFV?

Nope it's going to be exactly the same.

Why do ask these retarded questions?

Well, it'll make everyone use whichever V-trigger is better because it's then a question of "Which V-trigger will make my combos bigger and diceroll mixups better?"

SFV's a piece of shit where practical and subtle application of mechanics don't exist.

What's the deal with Tekken mobile?

Whoa whoa whoa, are that MARDUK and CHRISTIE?

Haven't really been following DBSuper beyond a wiki search, but I thought that was Goku Black - an alternate universe Goku who was posssessed by Zamasu or however you spell it.

In which case, no it has nothing to do with regular Goku, and Tumblr hair is probably all we're going to see.

The new guys that popped up from 4 and 5 want to kill Akira (Goh, Jean). He has enough rivals (What did he even do to make someone go after him?). Siba should go after the Bryants or somebody else like Wolf or Brad.

Alex and Fang will always be trash tier even with a 2nd V-Trigger.

Depends if it opens up for different situations and matchups like 3rdStrike, ArcanaHeart and MKX. But, like MKX, some v-modes might be just better than others like said. The problem is that most v-skills are "fuck fireballs" type of stuff, so changing that might ramp up the zoning game a lot. V-reversals are also pretty useless so I don't know what they could do.
Crush Counters working the way they do right now, no close normals, normal throws working the way they do, poor hitboxes for normals are worse problems and contributes to the "linear" style that makes the game boring.

No, this is supposedly a new transformation for Goku in the Super anime and considering Bandai likes to promote new stuff, I wouldn't believe this might be some sort of pre-order character.

By the way, that move Blue Vegeta has in the promo shot was used against Black in the anime, so I'm also expecting him to be in the game. His gameplay can be much different with the scythe and sword beans.

I'm with you there.

We could have a hada decent MK game, but instead we got some sjw-pandering shit fest with unlikable characters, sleazy disc-locked content and microtransactions with app tie-ins, and a broken af meta full of movie characters who don't even fit in MK. Goro was a slap in the face because all of his dialogue sucked.

Someone should make a video with all the BEAAAAAAMUs on Melty.

Kinda funny since the president of DimpS was the one that made SF1 and moved on to make Fatal Fury along with other SNK titles.

died when SEGA got butthurt the two Koreans who entered got 1st and 2nd place in the first international tournament.
Got a source or link to this? Sounds hilarious.

so kind of like MvC1 Ryu/Zangief?

XIV could use a few more updates but the roster is already massive as is, and while I get most people miss their waifu/main t. Shingo/Kasumifag it's unlikely that they won't show up in the future. In KOF team members rotate over the years (more blatantly on the NESTS games) so they'll probably shift things up by XV.
Also Metal Slug could use a fightan or something this time around, with the shitload of OCs they added in the mobile games there should be some place to put them in.
Here's hoping for more AoF, their system is unique enough unlike Garou's. Also World Heroes and other ADK IPs deserve some love too.

VF3 Maximum Battle. The first and only international tournament.
12 Players from around the world participated.
Two Koreans enter. It's their first time using square gates. They proceed to run circles around other players, showing new tech and perfecting Japanese pros. The tournament winner was playing his sub character.

After the tournament they faced the Japanese pros again. Kid Akira won over 100 games while losing only six or seven games. By picking his opponent's character.

Result: In the official video 60 minutes are Japan qualifiers and only 20 minutes are dedicated to the actual tournament. SEGA's promise to invite the winners in the following year's international tournament never happened.

Did she look that purdy ingame? I don't recall MKX at all and looking at a video I can barely see her model.
Why are fighting game girls so good

Can the Virtua Fighter fag with the modified Virtua Stick Pro show off his stick again? I just want to see it one last time.

Well, I can understand the sentiment. If only here in Europistan there was that kind of foresight…

It's a NRS game. What kinda question is that? :^)

Sure, user. I still have the original panel in case I ever want to convert it back for use on a Saturn. But if you're in the market for a bigger stick, I can't recommend tracking down one of these and modding it, they're just too expensive and are Japanese exclusive (Shipping was a nightmare).
The original panel uses vintage Seimitsu levers, but proprietary Sega buttons (Shit). The buttons are soldered directly into the PCB, no wires or quick disconnects; I was scared I would damage the original panel so I kept it in one piece and shipped a new one from China.
If I had the means, I would mold replacement cases on their own and sell those to enthusiasts who wanted to take their preferred Candy Cab out to tournament.
I don't own one, but a quick image search shows that the Hori Viewlix is just a tad smaller than the Virtua Stick, a lot cheaper, and comes with solid components: So I'd recommend that.

Yeah, It's a gorgeous stick but I know the prices. Honestly I just want to make my own stick, it's not the length of the virtua stick pro that I like, it's just the design. So I'll pass on the hori stick. Anyways thanks man,nice stick.

Does Elphelt give love a bad name?

nice Mileena.

The state of the FGC!

I don't know what really bothers me the most: more Sjws are getting into fighting games, Lowtiergod getting more attention (So he beat a trash-tier Mika who is as big a loser as he is. Big fucking whoop), or the fgc is really getting worse with shit like this?

SJWs should be your worry. When they're in, they shit everything up. Look at Marvel comics for your prime example of what happens when they congregate. Letting them in means companies will pander more to these folks who never buy their games, sacrificing art (no sexy designs), challenge (gorta make shit easier for them, maybe a fighting walking simulator?), and fun for everyone else. Plus with them become beta-orbiting fags who will say anything for their feminine gaze, and overall the communiry becomes weaker. I don't think SFV would have lasted the time it has, and MvCI would have been sent back to the drawing board if the FGC were more like it used to be.

Speaking of SJWs, wasn't there some awful Super Gay Fighter that was beinf made a few years ago? Whatever happened to that?

Stopped watching there. These people should be publicly ridiculed.

Post good characters stuck in bad fighting games.

Makers probably gave each other med-resistant AIDS and died.

For what fucking purpose?

You search through portals and other places full of porn you find weird shit.

Nuke this industry before it's too la-…Bah! Who am I kidding?

Just a simple 2D fighter with Sega characters. With Virtua Fighter's buttons, each character could have their own speical bar (or no speical bar if playing a VF character) and can play almost identical to the game they are from.
Shitty image edit related, a possible roster.

It's not too late. We can get refugees to ruin the industry. Maybe there's a reason for their miserable existence.

Bad roster.

Could FMM2 have characters from Bayonetta and Max Anarchy?

Trust me, you don't want to open that floodgate. Every shill, deranged tranny, e-celeb, celeb and leftist asshole with a bone to pick with Trump will charge into the community to sing the praises of diversity and let everyone know how much they love fighting games. Why! George Clooney once played a round of SF2 back in 1993, that automatically makes him one of us! Fighting games are for everyone, we just have to make them more accessible and less problematic. We all know Cammy's bare ass is what kept little Suzy from getting into the game and winning EVO.

The chuchu mice, compared to the other small characters, would be too small. As for Crazy-taxi, one of the cars themselves can be a fighter since FMM done it before.

They're also good picks for a Sega fighter.

Does Holla Forums prefer dashes a la Street Fighter or runs a la Guilty Gear?

I like both though I tend to play characters with runs more often than dashes. Runs give way to microdashes as opposed to microwalks with dashes and microdashing is more interesting.

I prefer running

I meant We throw them in the scene only to have them kill as many people in the industry and fgc. I doubt anyone will miss dead Bioware employees or Gllty.

Are you retarded?

Are you autistic for taking what I said seriously? Yes, yes you are.

New DBFZ trailer

Sounds like Daisuke is the composer, didn't expect that for some reason.
16 looks cool as fuck.

The only thing this kusoge has in the good part.

They work fast, was supposedly 20% complete a few months ago.

Of course they work fast. Every faces are the same and everyone throw fireballs.

It will sell well, but this is a fame I will not get. They should have paid Arc to make a new J-Stars, not another fucking DBZ fighter. That would be a blast in the Vs. format of 3vs3 with assists.
Well, maybe next time.

>fighter101.net/main/2016/09/02/superfinalfightgold/
Lol at Ryu fighterball spam; Fei Long fits into Final Fight like a glove.

My nigger

Karin's look has been updated; will Capcom update Sakura's look?

I wouldn't mins a winter uniform Sak.

I'll never understand this artist, I hate Granblue art.
Why is her face flat?

Juri was in SF4, SFxT & SFV. Which is her bad game?

This is SF4's art.

If we can't play 17 with 18 as an assist, it'll be disappointing.

When will they add best girl to Xrd?

Why did Jedah have so much effort put into him when people remember him less than the X-Men?

they had to put in an effort with him because they had to censor the ever living fuck out of him

I love how Firebrand doesn't have an animation for his tag out at 0:24 and just fucking pops out.

Shit! Now I'm actually hyped for this. Androids and Cell could be my team.
Characters from DB would be perfect but Arc are too afraid to trigger the power level autists.

The X-who? :^)
Obviously, the Dobson and the decap counter are gone but I'm surprised the contract is still in.

Stage transition: mobile.twitter.com/Ken_Deep/status/899951696738209793/video/1

The Doctor can warp around with a beam charged:
mobile.twitter.com/ATG213/status/899945252605353986/video/1

Krillin intro:
mobile.twitter.com/Ken_Deep/status/899964615672692737/video/1

A16's Lv3 is a OHKO:
mobile.twitter.com/ATG213/status/899940965770723328/video/1

Closed beta sign-ups:
beta.software.eu.playstation.com/en-gb/dbfz
bandainamcoent.com/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-closed-beta-application

US site is currently not working due to heavy traffic.

Get off my board.

archive.is/qGoGK

Are you the twelve shoah man? :^)

He's gonna have to do a LOT of stream crying to get out of this one.

I never believed the 20% remark to be honest.

Max is a fanboy but even he's made it very clear he gives no fucks about SFV anymore.

Damn he's really twisting that ninja dagger

Page 14, someone make the thread.

new thread is up and ready to go.