Rimworld 17b

MAKE YOUR WHOLE BASE FROM WOOD BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME ED.
(post screenshots of your Eureka moment)

rimworldgame.com/

kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-17b-v0-17-1557-tt17860377.html

mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc

rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Weapons

github.com/semigimp/RJW

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xdLXgSCvnnZXlCE-UAHXgfqXZxn3hGmaQMjX7kza8xA/edit#gid=884124215
docs.google.com/document/d/1fUO3KKbAbTxMP1lqphnnodY0NPoOVblCUkDw-54MDUc/pub
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936562361
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934005851
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934006075
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850347623&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817035248
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817996020&searchtext=
mediafire.com/file/t6p3p9bulccjcu2/Monstergirls_1.0.rar
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860692531
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When will the shilling stop?

The shilling with a direct download and a torrent link? Shutup Nig.

Why do you have such thick walls OP? Why do you have what I presume to be vanilla coolers installed inside each and every room, venting into the interior of your base? Why are all those meals on the ground in your kitchen? Why does everything look so goddamned unorganized? Why is there stockpile in the hollowed out hill on the opposite side of your base? Why have you constructed seemingly random walls around the hill that the main hub of your base is in? Why are your batteries placed in such a space-inefficient manner?

Three thick walls prevent temperature changes. The issue is he has consistency issues.

Linking the Combat Extended which drastically overhauls the combat system to make it more realistic, including the addition of a ton of guns, an ammo system (which you can turn off) with different ammo types, suppression systems and more:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.0

List of all guns and their stats in Combat Extended: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xdLXgSCvnnZXlCE-UAHXgfqXZxn3hGmaQMjX7kza8xA/edit#gid=884124215

Short story, it was my very first base that survived long enough to be established beyond a wooden shack, possibly like my 3rd try. I had some specific misconceptions at the time. Air conditioners outside of America for example are used for heating and cooling but not in Rimworld. Thick and redundant walls are for protection and insulation. Basically a huge shit base. Good times though, they went to space not long after that screenshot.

It's cool on one side and hot on the other. If you're heating your base and cooling your fridge with one cooler, you're saving a bit of power. Problem is you don't always need the heat so it's situational.
What does your base look like now?

Is it worth getting? I don't want to get caught up in more autism than I already have with playing this game.

Is this game another example of perpetual early access? I don't want to get burned out before it even releases

imo I never play without CE now

Probably, yes. Or when it does leave early-access it will be barely any different at all, like Prison Architect.

Not one of my bases was caught on fire, ever. Stop being retards.

well lucky you for not having the pyromaniac go nuts and shit

They say it's in alpha, but it's pretty much feature complete for a stand alone game, with some content still on the pipe line to be added on top of it, don't worry.
The game is already plenty of fun in vannilla, gets even more fun with mods.

I've managed to solve most of my incompatibility problems and can now run the Alien Framework with Children&Pregnancy, still have some problems with flickerin HUD with Mood bars on Moody, but I've worked it out.

I got the Apini mod that's really cool since you start with no technology and must rely on bee techniques instead, cultivating pollen and plant matter to make wax for your hive and honey for sustnance. They also seem to not care about butchering people or even eating from raw corpses so that's cool.
Currently trying to make a hive that tends a huge garden and stockpiles a metric fuckton of honey for winter.

The best part is the Tech Advancing mod that will allow me to progress beyond Tribal, so eventually I'll have cyber bees living in automated hives, slaughtering the world and capturing fresh males to serve the hive's reproductive needs.

i care deeply for my pigs

Unless they were your first breeding pair and had infections, there wasn't any real reason to do so. I believe pregnant sows will usually give birth to multiple piglets, so your pig population can rebound pretty quickly, depending on how many sows you have.
You weren't fucking them, were you?

AND NOW THEY WILL EAT YOUR CORPSE AHAHAHAH!

at least the future masters of the planet, the mutated pigmen, will worship you

This goes against the lore of rimworld

What lore? A few lines of flavour text written by early access buyers?

Think of it as Dwarf Fortress.

Its going to be in development forever but its pretty playable already. New content comes out every now and then too

[citation needed]

Considering that you generate a new random planet everytime you play with several different types of civilizations on top of a wolrd that already saw the fall of it's precursors, there's really no telling what's out there.
And considering Centipedes, it's really not that weird.

Besides, what does that matter? A Sith Bee force-choking Orks and zapping Eldritch Abominations with force-lightning is fukken awesome.

gross

docs.google.com/document/d/1fUO3KKbAbTxMP1lqphnnodY0NPoOVblCUkDw-54MDUc/pub

The humans are the ayys. If it's out there, it either is a human or was engineered by one.

No one cares.

I care, user.

I care too

wewlad

Basically "you can have any ayy but their roots are humans." I thought it was a really cool idea.

I believe that economics are partly to blame for the in alpha forever games we see today. In this 1 case this game is pretty much done, but I think the feeling is rather real or imagined that the money will stop rolling in if they release the game. To be honest the updates are slow and don't add that much. In the last 9 months we got "rivers". But that doesn't matter much because as already said the game is basically done and is just being feature enriched. (and) On at least one side they are losing money from people who do not buy games in alpha regardless, such as myself.

I've set up a server for Phi (multiplayer mod)
IP's rimjob.dynu.net

Does anyone else have a problem of some raids not appearing in the history tab?
I've had 19 in the past 300 days but only 12 get markers.

Looks like you been
O I N K E D !

Here's how you handle pyromaniacs and other dangerous mental breaks:

And they go right back to work. Works great for addictions. I usually just throw them in the hole until the addiction passes.

JTReplaceWalls Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936562361

I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it lets you replace walls and doors without needing to destruct and rebuild, which in my experience was a common annoyance.

Annoying yes, but doesnt that make it too easy? How do you go from a wood wall to a concrete wall? Makes no sense without deconstructing it then building it.

I understand

I should clarify I meant it would tell colonists to destruct, then build the next wall/door, rather than needing you to manually destruct and remember to manually build once the thing has been destructed.

At least, that's how I hope it works, and that it doesn't just let you upgrade the wall in-place with no destructing/rebuilding on the part of the colonist.

It's more like it automates the deconstruction and building, like when you place a door on an already-built wall.

Can you fucking build your faction up and then go raiding other people? Holy shit, I want to do that.

No, you can't do anything cool. It's only for sending resources and potentially colonists (that you can't control). You can't view each others' colonies or anything like that, it's more like a glorified ingame chat client.

Thanks Randy.

What's the probl-

RIP my man

holy shi-
wait no
fug.

THE RAPTURE!

You could confort yourself thinking that they were good christians and are next to our lord.

what the fuck is this shit, this is why I run randy.

They're in a better place now.

first winter is hitting hard, but the potato and rice harvest was good. However they now lack weapons, since the male took the only bolt action gun with him.
7/10, would play again. Will make sure the tribe grows.

Rimjob World?

What else?

how do you make babbies? i had a fuck prisoner who was raped relentlessly and no baby happened
she was a lesbian this made it funnier to me

There's a separate mod for babies ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0 I think the creator even posts around here. Dunno if it clashes with rimjobworld.

As far as I know C&P no longer breaks games that it detects is running haram mods.
The latest version of RJW theoretically ties into it and can use its pregnancy system, but it also has its own based on the vanilla animal pregnancy if you don't have C&P, and I've seen reports of double pregnancies when both methods ran, and of C&P not running when it should for things like RJW's comfort slaves.

Im honestly thinking of starting a new colony with all females, but they all have bionic 10inch dicks.

Would someone please upload these mods? I could only find them on steam even though I first found them in a russian mod community.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934005851
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934006075
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850347623&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817035248
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817996020&searchtext=

What all does Rimjobworld do?

iirc colonits can get sex, get sex related diseases, have cum show on their appearance, rape (prisionors) which includes beating them, also have a sex urge bar added to their mood. No sex? Poor mood debufff or whatever.

Don't worry Artur I'm going to take good care of your clothes after your dead.

According to the new build 17b, I found the default scenario descriptions interesting and in my opinion wrong.

crash landing - easy (3 guys medium tech)
tribals - difficult (5 guys with low tech)
rich explorer - very difficult (1 guy with adv. tech)

Doesn't that seem ass backwards? The resources required to catch up in research from primal or even crash landed compared to rich explorer is fucking extreme. Personally I think it is by far the easiest start, especially if you take into account rolling out 3 or 5 pawns.

how bugged in 17b?

My new settlement, 1 person electric stove Zzzttz 4 times in 1 day A group of friendlies has moved in to help me twice, but I have no..thing I need help with. Also, I'm quite a ways into the scenario and I haven't gotten a second guy yet. Shit feels weird.

polite sage since I was last poster.

Research only requires a single resource: time. You get it by keeping people fed and whatever else you use for defense, so it's basically a natural consequence of playing the game. As soon as you have everything you can build with your current tech, you'll be mostly doing maintenance and research. However in the start of the game, you are more concerned with survival. There's a lot of things you need to build and setup to ensure you last longer than 2 seasons, and for that you need manpower, not tech.

Rich Explorer means you start high-end already so there's no need for that, however just because you have the tech it doesn't mean you can exploit it right away. You still need to mine\trade the materials to build stuff, actually build it, have the power infrastructure in place, etc. And do this while keeping an eye on your food stock.

So while the Rich Explorer begins with a lot of tech, he alone must secure food, mine, build, craft and defend himself, which means a combat skill and medic. This is why it's considered harder, because you need a jack of all trades at first and you're fucked if he's fucked.

Conversely, crash landing has less tech but it has more manpower. You can build basic facilities easily, losing a colonist is just 1/3 of your population and you can have one tending a farm and cooking while someone else does the research. It's indeed much easier since tech is something you'll get eventually and what you have is more than enough.

Tribals has more manpower but the tech they have is far more limited and it's not enough to last a long time. Winters are brutal since you have no form of long storage for food. They are on the hard side since despite the manpower, they have no tech, but they still aren't as hard as Rich Explorer since the first seasons it's easy to coordinate them to build and hunt\forage\grow food easily.

You can download them from chink sites if you google the name of the mod

Forget it
For some reason startpage didn't show the old russian site I used to download those mods but google did it.

So what can I do in this game?

See that centipede? You can mount it.

My colonists are starving.

FUCK YOU

I think Tynan is purposely trolling us

Kill me

load up a linux thumb drive, mount the hdd, and pull them off ya dingus

Grow a farm, ya dingus. It's the easiest way to get a fuckton of food without becoming food in the process.
You'll still need some meat in your diet so either hunt or learn how to care for animals.

I'd recommend you get a few mods, Colony Manager at very least. It lets you pseudo-automate a lot of tasks (your colonists still need to sit at a desk every now and then, at first) so that you'll always have a minimum of wood and foraged food, it will auto-set targets to hunt based on the food you need and a list of animals you allow and it will also handle your entire livestock population automatically. Just keep them somewhere safe, make sure there's enough food for them and they'll be taken care off.

shit man I knew they could stand on the edge of their zone and reach one tile over but outright stepping into other zones is bullshit.

Make sure you fulfill his expectations.

Can someone explain me what the fuck am I supposed to do in this game?

I'm playing on sandbox on chillax.
And I still don't understand.

this game is not for you then

Build house, find food, manage disasters, survive, get out of the planet.

Also
What are you? a faggot? Is like you don't want to taste the bittersweet fun of being wiped out of the planet with one random encounter.

build a research bench and switch to non-sandbox

I put bills to harvest all the organs but the prisoner died after I took out the liver and now the doctor won't harvest the other organs, why are pawns this stupid? The body is still warm just cut out the rest jeez, is this really how it works? you can only harvest one organ per prisoner?
Also why can't I place bills to amputate their legs so they can't escape? Shit game tbh.

Make cheap wood and cloth protesis and turn your prisoners into cripples until they die of an organ malfunction.

You can harvest a lung and a kidney without killing them.

It seems it gives me the option to install prosthetics even if they have healthy limbs, maybe if I give them prosthetic legs and then remove them they'll be immobilized, gonna try that later. Still need to figure out a way to harvest more organs though, also my colonists are pussies, they get a mood debuff for every harvest even if the psycho dictor is the one who did the operation, then they get even another debuff when I use the bodies to make kibble. Why do pawns hate efficiency?

You can get their healthy limbs and then you can remove the prosthetics. Use the cheapest stuff, everything made of wood and eyepatches. It is easy to harvest organs if you don't care about the donor.

Also, always get cannibal colonists. Raiders are the best source of food.

I'm already thinking about restarting with as many cannibals and psychopaths as possible, they really open up a lot of possibilities.

If you want to do something more personalized, use the mod Prepare Carefully.

Also, there are cooking mods that could turn meat into ham, removing the debufs of human meat and insectoid meat.

How is this such an hard concept to grasp? You build a base to house your colonists where they can farm whatever food they need, craft whatever items they require, heal from any injury they sustain and defend themselves from whatever the world throws upon you until you can start invading the world.
~
Should be fairly easy to understand, do you need a prompt on the side giving you Objectives and Quests that reward Gold and XP whenever you complete them? Or maybe some subtitles and static characters that show up to tell you a story about the world and the colony you're in?

It can get pretty ridiculous.
Eating human flesh raw gives +20 mood, and cooked gives a +15 on top of the meal's bonus. So if your colonist eats a lavish meal of human flesh, it's +25 mood every meal, while the best a non-cannibal can get per meal is +10. Wearing clothes of human leather gives up to +8 mood as well, though I tend to avoid any leather in favour of wool and devilstrand.

This is actually how the game is coded, by the way. If you have less than 6 or was it 8? colonists, the game will give you random encounters with recruitment possibilities. If you have 6-8 colonists or more, the game will kill them off

Raider attacks are the easiest way to get more colonists

Not when they all have automatic or explosive weaponry. Also, enjoy your fucking 6 million degree heatwaves and plagues

You know you can adjust that, right? You can tweak the population curves in the xmls.
I have one of the storytellers set to the default, one set to be satisfied with populations up to 25, and another set to allow colonies as small as 2.

Are you retarded? Seriously, are those skills too many for you? They're about 12-15 or something and it's not like you'll focus on more than 3-5 per colonist anyway.

Not that frequent TBH. And if it bothers you that much, just get the mod "Pawns are Capable".

Before you go online repeating bullshit like that, remember that anyone can easily dig up the values and make you look like a fool. Like this:

0, 8
1, 4
5, 1
9, 0.5
13, 0
18, -1

This is the default for both Cassandra and Phoebe. They allow you to go all the way up to 18 colonists. Before you hit 9, they even give you events to help you get more.
Randy by the way is much the same, except the last 18 is 50 instead, so your population can go all the way there too but without his help past 13.
So much for "the game is coded to prevent more than 6 colonists"

>Immediately go for the closest tribal settlement

This is how the game was meant to be played.

Are there any surgery to turn males into fertile females?

That's gay. Why would you want that instead of dickgirls going around dicking the world and each other to mass breed the Feminine Dick Army?

Like ShindeL, I have a fetish of turning males into little girls and break their minds with cocks.

No. The pregnancy checks are made against the pawn's sex, not genitals, and even surgery won't change what the game sees them as.
A number of people have voiced support for the idea of genital-based checks though, if the guy who's been developing RJW ever comes back. It may be a less triggering system, but knowing there are people somewhere out there getting annoyed is much less important to me than being able to make a futa colony that captures male raiders and gives them wombs either to be permanent slave breeders or to be sent home pregnant.

Degenerate.

I have the same fetish.

I tried the mod that adds rape but it's buggy as shit. Seems to randomly remove genitals whenever I start a colony, sometimes deletes your gear or makes it glitched, gives the 'got raped' debuff to the rapist, etc. It's a pain in the ass right now and not worth it IMO.

Not just that, but a colonist gets a hit to relationship with "allowed me to be raped" by anyone passing by and not doing something.
I'm not sure what that "something" can possibly be and it's not like it matters. If it's one of your colonists, you can just draft\undraft to cancel it out.

I'm not so interested in Rimjobworld but in some competent impregnation mod.

Or maybe a mod where you make computers or robots with the brains of captives?

I mis a vital part in defense designs: Trenches, or other constructions or jobs to apply floors that cause mobs to get slowed down. Surely this was thought of.

Children&Pregnancy can do impregnation already. Doesn't play well with Alien Framework.
MAI lets you make AI's that walk around like colonists.

There's a mod that adds mud moats, barbed wires, barricades and even guard towers, might want to check on it.

Damn, I love the modding community. I just got this game, but I'm a little hesitant using mods. It's an unfinished game and I've experienced SS13, Minecraft and Space Engineers. Mods are cool, but what number of mods can the average computer (or this game engine for that matter) handle?

There's a terraforming mod whose name I forget that adds moat building and much more. You can convert between different grounds types at the cost or gain of materials like fertilizer, dirt, or sand. The most important things it adds are the ability to lay topsoil over stone inside mountains, so you can farm there without hydroponics, and the ability to build a deep water moat.

Oh, doesn't go well with Alien Framework? Well, I guess I have to sacrifice my catgirl farms in exchange of pregnancy.

I normally get the alien mods just to get variety in my meat menu.

Also, I've seen there is a mod to make an electric fence. Anyone tried it?

I'm trying to run about 200 and it goes mostly well.

It tries to play well but from personnal experience there's some trouble regarding world generation where it crashes the game during an event of it's generation or outright refuses to generate worlds.
I'm still trying to figure out the proper load order to avoid conflicts, but it's fairly hard to pinpoint it.

200?? I'm dumping my vanilla world and am going shopping. Any recommendations besides OP's list?

I have a problem in that all these mods drastically increase the time it takes to load the game (although that may be due to some error keeping it stuck for a long while) and sometimes loading the wrong mod will crash the game and reset the whole list (looking at you, Razzle Dazzle) so testing this shit takes far longer than it should.
I'm gonna try a lighter setup specifically for the Alien Framework and Children&Pregnancy mod, see how that goes and what can be done about it.
I'll post a list of several mods I use and can't do without, but about 100 of them are small tidbits of improvements to the game, like cheaper components.

I like No Death Randomness which basically eliminates a hardcoded random chance of someone being insta-killed with an attack regardless of the actual injury inflicted, this means that pawns now have to actually die from injuries and results in a lot more downed pawns and slower deaths. Great for capturing more organ bags dumb enough to raid your base.

Oh I forgot to mention it also makes bleeding more serious. So it's kinda like a minimalistic combat realism mod.

Its not the game its you being a faggot.

It's that thing I love in games where you make the characters and give your input in how the story goes, but your characters don't have a script and you don't have full say on how the story goes.
You play a traditional RPG and you never fear death. It is either only temporary and unrelated to the story or it's scripted and just part of the script.
You play Rimworld or one the few games that pull something similar and every day is a blessing that your characters are still alive and breathing and you never know when it can all end.

We've taken life for granted, that it's always going to last like it's not even a variable, like it's not even possible to die. And when we are shown otherwise, it shocks us. "How can this happen? Why would this happen?"
The more attached you get to your characters the worse it becomes, try being in a colony that has reached 12 inhabitants and it's 5th year but only one of the starting characters is still live. Try looking at the graves where the other 2 are and you'll immidatly remenber the raid that took one with an unlucky bullet and the infection that killed the other in the aftermath. You captured and recruited the killer, sure. But you still look at him with a different eye, he killed 2 guys you had high hopes for.

The worst part is that you get used to it. Eventually pawns become pawns and you see them in terms of variables. Skills and health or body parts. You lose that attachment you had in the beginning becauseā€¦ What's the point?
But what does that say about yourself?

you have to be 18 years old to post on this board

Yes you do. Now leave.

make me

how?
i've tried this and we always get severely outgunned by the enemies
even if i try to kill boomalopes near the, the fire doesn't spread nearly fast enough to do any damage

Several other games have evoked (not invoked) emotion in me, but it's really not the same thing.
I can weep and laugh at the story but in the end it's still just a script. It's like reading a book or seeing a movie, it's something happening to someone else and I'm just watching.
Videogames have another dimension to it that's sadly not very often explored, the idea that you play a role and make decisions regarding how the story progresses.

I'm not talking about Bioware "choose your color" narratives, I'm saying you having full control over what your character can decide to do but also having to deal with the consequences makes the story far more personal.
If that user's story came from any other game, that sequence would be touching but you'd know very well you couldn't do anything about it unless there was a different narrative path you could have picked, at which point it's a matter of what you want to see.

With Rimworld however, you know fully well you could have built better defenses, or ran away, or recruited some more people.
You know that there was at least a chance things could have turned out differently if only you, the player, tried hard. It's much more personnal, it weights more on you since you can't excuse it with "oh, it's just what the script says is going to happen", those people are dead because you suck at the game.

Now that's sad.

God, I loved the threads we had before /vg/ leaked and shat it up

There is a little trick.

Savescum like a faggot.

They guy on the floor must really be like

best way to kill the borg is turkeys apparently
wish i had chickens though

While I haven't had much luck raiding other settlements myself, I recently noticed you can pack turrets and mortars in your caravans, so I imagine you can set up a defensive position, bomb them with artillery and bait them out towards your turrets.

I've been sticking to tribes and maybe combat extended has something to do with it.

Feed the colonists - so you can cook more than one meal at a time.
Hand me that brick - So haulers can deliver materials to builders.
Improved workbenches - Lets you specify who should build what.
Numbers - A17 version in comments here steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728978927&searchtext= - Lets you see important information quickly and easily.
P Music - More backround music.
Minaturisation - Lets you move already placed workbences and so forth.
Quality builder and Quality surgeon - makes sure you're most skilled people do the important tasks.
Allow dead man's apparel - Gives you the option to allow or disallow dead peoples stuff on the stockpile menu.
Also for ease of life for later games, StackXXL and Stack Merger to allow you to store more stuff in less space. Also I quite like the doormat mod, makes cleaning easier without being overpowered (As in if you don't have a dedicated cleaner things still end up covered in filth). Oh and if it's ever updated for A17 fluffy's animals tab makes hunting a lot easier.

I switch between running a massive mining operation and spamming tons of money with wooden grand sculptures. This has led to the effect of my colonists not having enough life experiences to make meaningful sculptures anymore, so now theyā€™re just sculpting each other sculpting sculptures.

Can Children & Pregnancy be combined with something that just lets you rape prisoners? RJWā€™s shit coding absolutely TANKS my performance.

Oh, but they DO sometimes think about other things. Does the game give artwork descriptions based around context clues or themes, or is it ENTIRELY random how theyā€™re put together? Because if itā€™s the latter, I hit the jackpot here.

BREATHE THE PRESSHAH!

Turret + fully charged battery and a pile of steel to make sandbags really helps.
Also if you bring along a mortar you can drop pod in more ammunition as you need it if you have a base within range.

These are the ones I use though I'm pretty sure I have cheaper components and rimsenal vanilla disabled. Extended storage is nice but mortars hitting your shelves of meals will destroy all of the meals in there so be careful of that.

fug forgot the image

>Install better turrets

Looks like you have been betrayed by your (((greatest))) ally.

Bujp

my colonist feels the need to keep picking up clothes and just holding onto them, why is this?

When are they gonna add that you can ride horses or camels? Also I want to be able to ride monster girl centaurs.

Well you already can ride them. :^]

There's a mod for vehicles that also allows riding animals.

How is a room's score calculated? I thought I could just toss more sculptures in indefinitely, though with diminishing returns. But when I put a Normal sculpture in a room that already had a Good, the score actually decreased. My flower pots all made their room scores lower too.

It's calculated on the average of the scores applied to each room for things like cleanliness, beauty, space, etc. If you're putting in more sculptures, the space goes down which can negatively impact your score. Cleanliness affects the room score hugely in this way because it can't go higher than zero so a single tile of dirt really draws down the average. Small numbers tend to have a larger impact with their variation than big numbers.

Two large sculptures, a bed, nice floors, nice walls, and enough space (say 5x5 at least) will be enough to get an impressive room. Just remember to keep an eye on the values in the popup when you've got the room beauty cursor active and try to increase the lower numbers rather than making the beauty over a million without fixing anything else first.

Sterile tiles can increase it to 0.6

C&P should work fine with Alien Races Framework- I specifically coded the pawn rendering to integrate properly with it. Zombieland and MAI have an error where their heads aren't drawn because of an oversight on my code that I haven't had a chance to fix, though. But that seems to be the only incompatibility for those mods.

Z LEVELS WHEN?

So for some reason my tamers keep getting notifications like..

Are you using Combat Extended or something? If they have too much crap in their inventory they'll keep trying to pick up food to do their Taming jobs, but won't be able to because the bunch they're trying to pick up exceeds their inventory's limit. Cause they're not programmed better they'll keep trying and you keep seeing that message until you free up some space in their inventory.

Yeah I am using combat extended, but they only have their clothes, a rifle, melee weapon and the food they need? I see them having some food to try and tame but I guess its not enough. I try to make them drop their gun but they keep picking it up. Only way I can solve this if I make them wear a back pack.

why is everything purple?

He's a soros agent.

Yeah it'll help to have and backpack and vest so they can function properly if you're gonna have your colonists doing their everyday things while packing heat. I've only really come across this problem with tamers, so I make sure they don't have too much ammo so that they can pick up the food for taming. Carrying both rifle and melee weapon might take away too much of your inventory space, unless one or the other's very light, like a plasteel knife with rifle combo, or pistol with plasteel longsword, filling up the rest of their space with ammo.

They're set by default to equip a weapon if it's available, you can forbid it, it might be a problem with a saved loadout, outfit or something.

dubs confirm

I'm yet to use outfits and loadouts because I like things to be standardized. Might have to build an armoury at the entrance to my base and have a bunch of turrets in there to stop looters then pump out assault rifles and armour vests for everyone to slap on if they're going to defend the base or hunt then remove it when they're not. Does their carried weight affect their walking speed significantly?

Make them drop the food. I'm 99% certain they try to pick up a new piece of food for each taming job rather than using the shit they already have.

It affects it a bit, but I've never really seen it to be much of a problem myself.

OH FUCK SPACE MARINES

HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD

A cat is fine too.

A cat is all you need.

jogger for even faster

With that and a full cage of adrenaline ribs, the speed over panels would reach about 30.

I disabled the ammo crap.

Is dusk. I use the realistic darkness mod.

Wicked fire starta.

Ho baby I hope you have mortars. They get infinite ammo too.

For some reason I am not getting any raids? Even though I am near some raiders. Can they motor a mountain? Also I mean if I dont disable ammo then how am I supposed to make ammo? It'll take forever and make guns usless and by then I would have gotten raiders who probably have a crap ton of ammo that will kill my entire cult.

Proximity to others camps don't affect raid or trader/visitor frequency, iirc the world map doesn't affect the events you get, so far.

Yeah, I've got it working alright. I was having some problems with world regeneration where some faction menber (maybe the boss?) tried to do something related to that mod and wasn't able to. Likely growing up?
The game would either return me back to the "choose world parameters" or would outright crash on me.

Dunno if it was the new version (i) that fixed it for me but that doesn't seem to be a problem now anymore, at least not as much?
Sad to hear about MAI, it's one of the 2 robotic mods I use, but I guess I can accept headless cyborgs for now.

You do realize you have mods with ACTUAL Space Marines?
In Terminator Armor. With Thunder Hammers and Assault Cannons and Heavy Flamers.

PRAISE THE MOTHERFUCKING EMPEROR!

I recently pushed a patch that fixed the drawing problems with Zombieland and MAI. I very rarely get a crash on worldgen as well, though I'm not sure why. I'm instructing the game to load all assets on the main thread but it still loads them on an async thread for whatever reason (why it crashes).

Fuck you, Randy.

How do people even get that far into the game? I barley survived my first winter with snow because my colony happened to be fine with cannibalism thank god Its a fetish. I normally make it 1 year or so before something happens and I have to start a new save.

Just experience I guess, and perhaps some save scumming. I rarely get wipes these days unless I fuck up or get really unlucky.

It's called being efficient. If the storyteller keeps throwing raiders at you, you'd be a fool to let all that meat to rot, especially when there's no health problems in the game related to that.
Another use is to feed your animals if you use them for hunting and\or defense.

You gotta identify the problems that keep fucking you over and then prepare accordingly. Rimworld's mostly about this, preparation.

The first winter is always a problem because of food. You can't grow or forage so you either have a big stockpile or you go hunt. That's why one of the first things you do day one is start a farm and build a walk-in cooler. By the time winter arrives, you'll hopefully have a nice stock of food for everyone (and free time for other tasks since you won't be producing food). About 30 or so units of food per colonist will suffice, aim higher just in case, though.

Next is defense since raids are a common cause of death. You gotta prepare your base to give you the upper hand. A killbox or at least some fortification. Also try and get a few decent weapons and maybe have some people hunt so they can practice their skills. This honestly doesn't have much to do on your end, it's a matter of having highly skilled pawns and good weapons more than anything. Unless you go into the autistic territory of killboxes to exploit the AI and cheese them to death.

Finnaly there are the events, and these can be answered with a single thing: redundancy. Most events will screw up part of your colony, so it's important to always have at least 2 ways of doing things. For instance, try not to have a single doctor. If he dies or gets a disease\infection, nobody will be able to treat them. BZZZT breaking cables isn't much of a problem if there are alternative paths for current. And most of the events that affect power production can be mitigated by using many different sources of power.

The biggest problem with events is that they often boil down to "oops, there goes your food production" since many of them affect your farms.
The only solution there is again to be versatile and keep both an Hydroponics farm and a regular soil farm. Hydroponics will grow the brunt of your plants but should a Solar Flare or BZZT happen, the soil plants are still growing. However should manhunter packs or Toxic Cloud or some other reason you can't go outside happen, you have hydroponics If both happen, and this ocurred to me once, you're fucked though.

By the way, I recommend a mod that changes the Blight Event to spawn small critters that slowly eat your crops but who you can kill to prevent further damage.
There was another that made plants individually infected and you could quaratine a zone before it spread, I think.

rimworld is about disaster management
theres a fuckton of RNG that will kill your colony guaranteed or your money back, and its hardcoded to maintain a certain amount of colonists which when exceeded turns that RNG up to 11 radically skewed against you

If you have to "manage" a disaster, you already failed. You're supposed to be ready for them as you'll likely not be able to produce whatever you need to solve them after they show up.
"Oh, my only doc got malaria? It's fine, let me set this guy to Medic duty, do a few amputations and peg leg installs on prisoners to train his skill while my Grower kick starts Healroot production. In a few months, we'll be able to fix him, nothing to worry about!"

Most of the events can be circuvented and even made entirely relevant depending on your base. Volcanic Ash and Toxic Cloud at the same time do nothing if you have a decent Hydroponics farm going.

Check this here:
The upper limit of population for Cassandra and Phoebe is 18, Randy goes up to 50. You reach those and the game doesn't outright kill them, it gives you a lot more chalenges that might end up killing them alright if you're not prepared, but there's nothing wrong with that.
If you're not happy with 18, you can easily edit the XML to 200 or more and even bump the lower limits to make recruiting easier.

But otherwise, the system is similar to a Tower Defense game, where the more advanced and populated your base becomes, the harder the chalenges that are thrown at you and if you fail to survive, it's because you didn't used all the assets you were given properly.

no, you can prepare all you want, you still cant mitigate disasters entirely, shit will happen and you will be fucked
more like

You get hydroponics and both Volcanic Ash and Toxic Cloud are now mitigated.
You get Geothermal Power or you install Wind Turbines and Volcanic Ash as well as Eclipses no longer after your power.
You keep a soil farm and Solar Flares no longer fuck up your plant production.
You create a walk-in freezer and food will last for a long time.
You place paralell wires and BZZT no longer screws your electrical instalation.
You buy better weapons\armor or make them yourself and raids because a breeze.
You train 2 or more medics and health stops being a problem.
You produce\buy medicine and every health problem you have stops being a problem.

Rimworld is strictly about preparing for when shit it's the fan so you can mitigate it all.
Once shit actually starts, you can't "micromanage shit" at all. You can't micro your downed doctor to himself, you can try to micro a new soil\hydroponics farm to make up for the other one but it's not gonna grow soon enough, you can try to hunt for food during winter instead of having a freezer and you'll starve.
You can try to micro all you want during a fight, if you did not prepared your base or adquired decent gear you will be fucked.

You also keep dismissing the actual population limit, as if the game starts trying to kill everyone the second you have 3 colonists.

I totally understand you. Just because you can jump and shoot in Megaman, that doesn't change the core mechanics and you still die to pits and enemies :^)

I'm almost 100 hours into this game, i fought against everyone and everything, and i STILL CAN'T FUCKING STAND INFESTATIONS, HOLY FUCK, not even one-hit kill deaths or colective malaria make me savescum so hard.

I've learned my lesson. Normally i send one or two scouts ahead, and when they are arriving i send some colonists with the pods, it works even better on bases. Last time i did this with 11 colonists against 20+, lost one and got 4 neurotrainers. And several infections.

Oh, God. I just remember something.

I hate stupid foolish people so fucking muchā€¦ It's one thing to be wrong, it's another to make up shit to try and prove a point, and it's even worse when you make up shit about things you can easily check on yourself.

You know what this is, champ? That's a line that says Cassandra only has a chance to spawn diseases after 7 days have passed. That's more than "the 1st fucking week". Phoebe is more lenient and it's 12 for her, Randy is Randy so it's 0 obviously.
But it gets better.

Know what this is, fuckboi? It's the part of the disease that says how many people it will actually affect. You know fractions, don't you? 0.5 of 3 rounded down means that you will only ever at worst 1 colonist infected after those 7 days have passed.

It's literally impossible by 2 separate mechanisms to have "all 3 of your colonists get plague in the 1st fucking week", and all of this is information you could know by reading a few XMLs or even playing the game. Thanks for proving what a retard you are, I won't bother to reply again to someone that can't handle variation and unpredictability in their gameplay.

Kill yourself.

also

oh I see now what kind of person Im arguing with here

I am exclusively playing this shit game on Randy intense so fuck right off

The argument that you can get plague on the first week, your argument, is indeed invalid.

No, it clearly did not happen. Only one of your colonists got plague as the random event cannot infect more than half your population.
What likely happened was one colonist infecting another, but that's not the same thing as the random event infecting both at the same time.

Nigger, Randy doesn't start trying to kill people until you hit 50 colonists. How bloody awfull can you be at the game that you not only haven't recruited anyone else in 12 days but you also managed to lose someone to random wildlife while having no medic to heal the plagued colonists? It's just 12 days, your starting herbal medicine should still be around.

Ive been playing this piece of shit since the 0.7 or so and the game is full of aggravatingly shitty design decisions

you can stop your furious fanboy fedora tipping now you fantastical faggot

Cant you gain immunization to malaria? They never seemed to kill my colonists?

I've been playing this since Alpha 3, you can drop your veteran trophy too.
The game is nowhere as bad as it used to be, what with colonists being far more smart and efficient, and while the game still has a lot of problems (most events rounding up to screwing with your farms), RNG is not one of them.

You're the one that's playing with a storyteller whose entire gimmick is RNG, and you chose to play in the hardest difficulty too, but now you're complaining that it's too hard and too random. Do you eat rotten apples only to complain that they are too fruity and old as well?

I've categorically shown you that there's no way you could have ended up with 2 colonists infected at the same time by the same event on top of being impossible to catch diseases before at least a week as passed unless you're playing with Randy, but that's your choice why would you complain about prefering RNG if you chose Randy?

I'll check out that blight mod but I have that mod that does breakdowns so you can have regular maintenance. All I did was make simple meals for my first winter, and I have 7 colonists. I had 120 food as a minimum and had over 2500 food resources that I can used to cook. I think I had some Dryads that might have been eating my food, they seem to like to ignore my kibble. Also damn dragon girl kept killing them and ruining everything, got tired of trying to tame them I had to put her down. But yeah I had several human bodies stored in the refrigerator just in case and it still wasnt enough and I had to hunt and trade for meat, not too much but my stockpile ran out. those 2500 food resources were depleted until I got more humans to kill and what not. I mean I have all my colonists be cannibals because its a fetish. My fetish, but its annoying that you can be a cannibal but get bothered by dead people's clothing, it should have a time limit I swear. I am about to start my Hydroponics farm and I hope it's enough but my base is kinda awkward so I dont know how I going to improve my power supply. I think there was a switchboard mod that should let me turn things on and off like all bed room light's and what not etc instead of having a crap ton of the vanilla switch. I dont know yet but I got to try it out.

I don't know about vanilla, but after one/two times my colonists already have 10%+ immunity, i just send them to rest with herbal meds. Still, it's annoying and you don't expect it especially because you are living in A FUCKING TUNDRA at -20ĀŗC.

You gotta get the Colony Manager mod, made by the same guy that did that breakdown mod. Helps a lot to micro taming animals.

That's only enough for about 17 days, assuming one meal per day. You'd need 210 minimum, but aiming for 250 would be best.

Check their diet, I think Dryads are vegetarian and I don't know if Kibble counts for that since it contains meat.

What's annoying is that if you kill a guy and make a hat with his skin, you don't get that penalty, even for regular non-cannibal, non-psychopat colonists.
It's wrong to wear the clothes of of dead people, but it's not wrong to wear dead people as clothes. ;^)

That sounds like a bug. There's no field for malaria in the cold biomes defs, so either it's a different type of event that spawns it, or it's actually a bug.

Also, going by those files, it does seem like you can gain immunity to malaria (but also lose it?)

This is perfect. But my colonists eat 3 meals a day I believe. I'll check that mod out though.

What do y'all nibbas think of the cthulu mod?
It gives things a fun little jonestown twist if you ask me.

Also I'm only 3 games in and repeatedly dying too all sorts of different nonsensical things. Is there a way to customise the look of your starting settlers?

Prepare Carefully; there's a link in the OP.

You mean niggas right?

>LMG fires before without hesitation Maybe even before the wall broke down, thats how quick
Im a savescum but I still suck cocks so its good!

They're animals, and I slaughtered them like animals.

I HATE THEM

A girl must have her priorities straight

GIVE ME THE DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Reminds me of those fast enemies from dead space 1.

NOOO. Not the catgirl!

It's fun if you get Realistic Darkness, Fog of War and Dense Forest.
I remenber one day getting a Warning about "something is hunting your colonists" and instantly hear a loud yelp.
It was one of my dogs that was out hunting or gathering something and was killed instantly by something.
Since he died, I no longer had FOV to see what did it so I had no idea what it was or where it was coming from.
Mind you, this was at sunset when things started going dark, so I drafted all colonists and had them take refugee inside their main hall.
Terror is hearing loud thumps as the thing is crashing against your door.
True terror is to see an abomination burst in, beat someone down almost instantly and start devouring it while everyone else keeps shooting, hoping they aren't next.
Absolute terror is making them your pets and unleashing them on raiders AHAHAHAHA

Also friendly reminder that Jekrel has made a lot of other mods that go very well alongside with that.
Arachnophobia is a pretty good one, spawns spiders that hunt and place webs to trap their prey before attacking. They then cocoon a downed prey and carry them over to a pile of their own. Did I mention that you lose vision of your colonist if he goes inside a cocoon and everyone else has to look for him afterwards? Or that the spiders are poisonous? And there are a giant version of them?
Now imagine starting the game with Apini, with nothing but tribal tech, and having spiders be your sworn enemy.

I'm also trying that Werewolf mod he made, I want to see what it looks like and can't wait to tell results later.

embed related
I saw a spookier webm of these guys a few days ago but didn't save it

Where's the mod for catgirls?
My colonists no longer have to work because of the little army of bots doing all the chores so now they all spend their lives getting drunk, watching TV and shooting at the firing range.
I might get the catgirl mod with rimjobworld to give them proper pets.

Monstergirl mod.
You won't need robots, the girls clean and haul.

Shit, forgot embed.

Eh, I haven't watched a lot of the monstergirl stuff. Not sure I'd enjoy it.
I liked Suu though, she seemed nice.
I wanted catgirls and catgirls only, but if I have to deal with the others, I guess I'll put up with them for my nekos.

Here, I think this is the latest:

mediafire.com/file/t6p3p9bulccjcu2/Monstergirls_1.0.rar

Most of them are useful.

Slimegirl "milk" is basically like herbal medicine
Cowgirls produce milk, duh!
Dryads are the most useful, producing both milk and drayad hair (cloth making material).
Centaurs are like drayads, but worse.
Dragongirls are vicious fighters, but not much use beside that.
Catgirls are fast, so they make decent haulers and cleaners.
Wolfgirls/Foxgirls are good fighters, I think you can milk them too, but you don't get much.
Fairies give you pixie dust - a safe drug
Harpies give you feathers
Lamias lay eggs

I don't think you understand the state of robotic debauchary I've reached.
I'm not at home, so I can't post pics, but let me elaborate.

There's 5 caverns that are locked (to prevent someone from distrubing them) were all kinds of vegetables grow. They grow on their own, are harvested and re-planted automatically. The veggies leave this place in a belt that feeds them in the vegetable reservoir.
The hunting bots periodically go out to fetch meat. The AI manager, a super computer, periodically oversees the need of meat and other products and automatically assigns hunting jobs that the robots fullfill. They drag the carcasses back home, place them near a chop-bot and the resulting meat is fed into the refrigerator. The skins are hauled to another stockpile automatically.
The meat and veggies only leave the fridge when someone eats a lavish meal. Or soup. Or pie. Or any of the delicious meals that seemingly materialize out of magic in the freezer I keep in the impressive dinning room. The meat and veggies are delivered to a chef-bot that instantly makes great food.
In a few years, the descendants of this colonist will have never seen the facilities behind the wall, and they'll assume that food simply grows in their magical freezer.
During a gunfight, my colonists are in the couch watching TV while the turrets rip invaders apart. Sometimes they decide to dig and an hunting party has to go kill them.
In the case someone is injured, a medical bot will rush over, drag'em back to medbay and heal them with the supply of glitterworld medicine (whose production is also automated).

Sometimes one colonist will decide he wants new clothing. He can open "The Wardrobe" room and find new clothing everyday. If he takes out some, another will appear in a few hours.
Once, one of them lost his gun. He entered the armory and found a replacement right where he picked his previous gun. The gun just appeared there.

The beer flows from the walls into the recreation room and people don't know where it comes from.
Same for chocolate, tea and other beverages.
They're just there. Take as many as you want.
In fact, I once put 300 beers where a caravan was. All of them got liver failure before they left the map.
There's no dirt anywhere, the ammo never ends, and we're finishing the drop pod launcher. After it's down, 25 Power Armored bionic dudes are gonna land on every stinking village and kill them.
But first I'll have to finish my secret project: fully automate luciferium production and make enough for everyone to keep it up.
I'm not even sure if we're human at this point.

Fun fact: unless some hardcoded condition terminates the game after losing all colonists, my colony could keep going if they all died. It would keep assembling and making products, auto-selling them and accumulating wealth.

Also, I have the prison labour mod, but I'm not sure what I'd do with prisioners at this point besides raping them.
Ever since I installed that "no random death penalty" I see every raider downed a lot more often and could take prisioners if I had a prison wing.
I fear that if I do, this colony will shift from "Chillax Marines" to "Dumb Dark Eldar".

Just found this on the workshop:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860692531
Well, that's just offensive.

How many mods did you use and how much did you cheat to survive long enough to build all that?

The mod sounds broken if the robots are THAT good and cheap.

I savecsummed twice. Once when I lost a trader (it wasn't automated back then) and another when I lost medic (and had 7 infections going holy shit).
The robots have a problem. They consume a lot of fucking power. It doesn't seem that much at first. But you keep adding shit to it and soon find your power structure buckling.
That's why I got some nuclear reactors mods too

I guess it's broken. but shit's like factorio: the point is to BREAK the game.
Also, it's not that hard to survive. I just kept my head low, small supplies, didn't build a lot of things. Raids were kept small with this.
Then the bots mined and crafted and built and shit exploded. Now raids are a lot more dangerous. I haven't finished Powerarmour for everyone, so I lose a colonists here and there, but who gives a shit, I started looking at them not as humans but as mobile turrets that operate on soup and beer.

Make a video.

Is there a way to give my colonists the snip? I don't want to keep repairing even more of the little shits, and their parents get mad if I sell them.

Is that mod patched now? I disabled it because it's coded like shit and it kept giving the wrong debuffs and deleting clothing.

Make a kindergartent.
Lock them in there.
Give them a Nutrient Paste dispenser and some toys for joy.
Put the Warg Kennel right to it with windows and door. Let the little shits know the door is locked because you feel like having it locked. For now.

Maybe that's some sort of incompatibility with other mods?

grow as much rice as you can before winter
during winter hunt
first thing you research has to be hydroponics, although they're not that big of a priority if you're in a hot environment. they still help though since you can put them inside your base and not worry about walls

I've never seen kids get in social fights. From what I've seen when a kid starts one, it gets overridden by the adult disciplining them.
You can make contraceptives from herbal medicine, and they last for a season per dose. I don't think there's a permanent solution though.

The clothing has mostly been fixed, by virtue of being almost disabled. It was never a good idea to make them strip, and someone has patched it out for the most part. Comfort prisoners still get stripped, but there's no real point to them wearing clothes anyway.

This could be a good strat if you could get a few of them to pass out and trap the caravan on map.

DO NOT BUILD AND LAUNCH A SHIP
It was bitter sweet. Don't launch the ship. Don't.

You can always leave people to continue with the colony and escape over and over again.

Did you rike it?

The first time I launched a ship, only one of the original settlers was alive.
I was missing 50 plasteel, already had mined the whole map for it.
7 traders later (this was before we even had caravans, mind you) I got it and finished it.
But over that period, I had 5 people join and die, lost two others and the original settler escaped the planet with a missing leg and an eye shotout. I like to think that his 19 Shooting skill earned him a medal back home.

The ones in dead space constantly twitched if they were standing still. Made them seem very uncanny valley.
After getting several raids of 10+ guys at a time, two guys raided my place with swords, energy shields, pain stoppers, and a fucktonne of drugs and augs. They sprinted through my killbox, setting off every trap and taking every bullet then immediately decapitated a chicken and downed about four of my guys before they sucked the kumara. I wish there were more raids like it that where there's just a few super soldiers.

i disagree a fire in your base can be a BIG fucking problem even if your using stone. the real solution to this is to not fucking use batteries.

The preparing is rough.
Selling off the animals to to make sure they're taken care of, harvesting the last batch of the cash crops before you stop sowing them, and turning off the workbenches one by one as they become unnecessary. I usually sell excess food and other perishables, since eventually the freezer will fail and I don't want them wasted. Eventually there's nothing left in the storage rooms except the last few pieces of spare gear, textiles, building materials, and silver. Generally I'll dump silver out as gifts to friendly factions that haven't been an annoyance. Then I send the colonists one by one into their caskets as they become unnecessary, until the only one left is a constructor, one of the original colonists when possible, who makes sure everything is in working order before turning out the lights.

It doesn't feel right to just drop everything and leave without setting the colony's affairs in order.

evidently I hate myself, and fun.

Question for RJW users; Can syphilis be spread via sex even after the host is immunized? I don't want my nympho infecting the entire colony

Quite a nice bit of roleplaying.
And a sad story in a way

Which had a better pregnancy system? the regular reproduction mod or the Rimjobworld mod?

Also, do the children keep the skin colour of their parents?

In Children and Pregnancy children inherit skin colour from their parents from a random point on a gradient between the two parents' skin colours. They also inherit a few random Traits from a pool of the mother's and father's.

They should have a research option where you can make a offspring of just one persons genetics.

So, besides OP what are the recommended mods for this game that aren't stupid shit like "LIGHTSABERS"

blightwavers

REBEL SCUM
Just get the other 2 Star Wars mods to use the factions and the Force Powers. Light Sabers become more interesting that way.

The Lovecraft ones.
Just download them all, don't look at what they do, and wing it.
Recomendation: get the real fog of war mod too.
Once your colonists are all asleep, all you'll hear is a rasping sound and some shuffling outside followed by the sound of your dogs being broken in half.
Aim to survive!

It's planned, but I'm busy with a lot of other shit right now. I'll eventually add a growth vat like in the game's lore which you can use to clone people or simply as an artificial womb.

Fucking 10/10 AI

mfw

Do I just fucking suck and was I supposed to already have better shit than bolt actions at 2~ weeks or is this as bullshit as it feels? Am I just supposed to ignore survivors until I have better equipment? The last raid before that was just a knife wielding psycho, """curving""" difficulty progression my fucking ass.

what are some mods you can't do without?
likewise, what are mods that really clash together, either compatibility on concept wise

kek

isn't there any other lewd mods?
I like some lewd in my game, but not unstoppable degeneracy

Just don't let any nymphos or rapists into your colony then.

There are no actual immunities. Everyone will get all the vanilla diseases and any modded STDs as many times as they happen to get it. "Immunity" just means that the disease progress won't increase any more for that SPECIFIC instance of it.

The Glitterworld mod has this problem with Advanced Bionic Legs. All the other AB parts are fine, but if you give someone a leg, they WILL eventually just break and be unable to move, at which time you have to use the debug menu to repair their torso, which wipes all of their illnesses, missing parts, enhancements and any cosmetic injuries (which fucking sucks if you want to role play shit).

so ive got my neet in bed and am making sure he is eating and doping up on meds, is there anything else i need to do to make sure he lives? or is my neet fucked?

I like the Glitterworld Tech mod if only because I like to have the "end-game" goal of a base that is 99.9% impregnable thanks to Beta Poly walls (250,000 HP per square). You'll want to go into the files and manually cut the value of all of the items it adds by a factor of either 10 or 100, though. Otherwise you WILL eventually lose your save because the game will just crash instead of load in a manhunter pack of 500 animals or a raid of 300 augmented soldiers. The mod adds a faction called Orion Installation for balance, though. They have tanks (which are just creatures, apparently, and you can butcher and eat them) and supersoldiers with fuck-you-with-a-rusty-menorah weapons.

There's the Omni Gel mod. You grow Omni Gel plants and get a renewable resource that can be used to create basically any of the other resources in the game. Great for end-game situations where you're out of stone, etc.

I just started using the megafauna mod. They're nice to have if you want different/interesting/useful/huge animals. Oh, and there's another one that adds more types of boomalopes which do different things. Foamalope explodes into firefoam, EMPumalope does an EMP, etc.

No Random Deaths cut down on some serious bullshit, but I think it's broken in 17. Oh! Doormats. Put them outside your doors and keep your base clean. I also use the "no skill degradation" mod because fuck grinding.

If you have medicine and he self-tends in a clear room, he might survive, just monitor how the disease and the immunity development progress.
If the disease can't be cured, you can enable developer mode and use the tools there to heal the disease, or edit the save.

yeh he just developed immunity so i think he will be okay, close call though, pain was at like 90%

the game is paced on your wealth not time playing.

so its better to "twink" your base a bit and avoid extra shit until you have the firepower to defend it. shitty beds, no art, limit your cooked food, avoid planting cash crops like smokeleaf/devilstrandā€¦ don't collect all your iron on start, and limit the number of workbenches and power buildings. until you have your 6 colonists with assault rifus and a kill box set up. but yea the game punishes you for not sucking.

Is Rim of Madness any good?

Can i get a rimjob though

I haven't played with it yet but I've seen a few videos on youtube and from others' experience it's fun

Nope, just ambiguous sex from what I've seen.

At least this last girl got a helmet, usually they don't get shit

Actually you can. There's a percentage of it happening. And it carrier a high risk of STD's

does it allow some kink stuff like group sex?

I have seen multiple people using a comfort prisoner at once, but it doesn't treat it any differently than multiple sequential rapes.

Newest version out?

Comes out around tomorrow noon I think.

Fuck off with your hoaxes. There's nothing about it anywhere on any website.

fuck no
will lose save and a bunch mod compatibility
word on what will be new?

do you guys have idea what is difference other types of skylight?
but it seems pretty sweet, lighting up inside places without needing lights all the time

Any mods that make the midgame more fun?

have you guys taken those trips yet?
are they worth it?

psychopaths are the best ain't them?
could fucking wander with clothes at least

Yes they are worth it. Think of it as trading however much food it takes to get there and how much manpower's worth of production you're losing by the guys not being in your base in exchange for the items.
It makes those sailors and other faggots who can only shoot worth while because it doesn't matter if they don't come back. Though only ever make the trips in summer because it's miles faster and for fucks sake take a pack animal holy shit don't be a retard like me and not have enough carrying capacity to take all the loot back. And make sure you stop off at faction bases to trade the stuff you don't need for better shit or at the very least lighter shit while you're on your way back.

war is hell

Ive never played a game like this before but it looked awesome.

I can't even get my colonists to lift things and take them to the designated zoneā€¦ Is there a way to play with others so someone can help me learn to walk?

holy shit nigga how can you be so retarded
set job as hauling then make a stockpile zone and a dumping zone then they'll do it themselves or if you want to hurry it up just select a hauler colonist and right click on what you want to move.
Unless you've manually set job priorities, hauling will be the last thing they do (other than clean and research).

i did. i set their only job to hauling as well! and they sitll just sat around jerking off!

so turns out playing the tutorial in this case was a good idea.

What you would expect? The pawns are reflections from the player.

Maybe I'm using too many mods

what are you even doing mate?

weeeeew

Oh, look. It wasn't released. How about that.

RJW gave the kid a sex need for some reason, but obviously he can't do anything about it so he just sits in his crib all day mildly aroused.

rate farm house and barn

5/10 fagget

atleast organise all your shit and add a garden around your mainbuilding or something.
kitchens not bad though.

Dirt floor decreases cleanliness and is ugly. You can keep it in the barn but replace the dirt flowerbeds with flower pots in the main building.
Butcher table and stove should be in separate rooms. The butcher gives a huge hit to cleanliness so you'll get food poisoning like mad with that setup.
What are your defenses?

1. no sterile tiles in the kitchen
2. no separate warehouse from your barn
3. no walk in freezer only modded in chests
4. dirty
5. not using flower pots instead just planing shit in open dirt in the middle of your floor
6. kitchen is not closed off from the rest of your dining room
7. blood in your fucking dining room/research room
8. half your rooms are barracks, i mean shit your better of making one of them the initial shitshow barracks and having one more decent room.
9. all have no light even thew you have modded in glass roof.
10. NO VISIBLE DEFENSE

alright, a few notes:
- its still first year so I'm doing my best as I can
- fair enough, I was having second thoughts about the indoor garden
- also having second thoughts on the kitchen, so ima change that
- the barn was primarily built for storage indeed, was thinking of having it refrigerated for long lasting crops and double as a workshop place
but later I got the animals and noticed how good it could be for them as well
- actually no defenses yet, is an open map so basically will have to do with bunkers
- 7 colonist already, only 2 can fight, but haven't got weapons either, thanks randy

you guna die unless you get some turrets set up asap

Rest in peace.

is one of those things with randy, haven't got much raiders in my corner of the world, that would be considered peaceful, but at the same time, haven't any loot from raiders

Is there anything more cucked than being a Scyther mech? I'm out of ammo at this point for my heavy weapons but it just keeps trying to shoot at my turrets and keeps missing.

just go smack it with a sword

So when did prision breaks automatically mean they can unlock all the doors somehow? The fuck? This is bullshit.

Well what do you know, right when I learn that instead of waiting for the rare slave trader, I can just harvest them. So I manage to get 4 lungs and 1 kidney pretty quick like (a few mins) and 1 prisionor left untoched and a fucking slave trader pops up. Of course. Still made some decent cash but man this is a ruse. Its like the GAME KNOWS what I want and does the opposite or does it on purpose. ==AHHHHHHHHHHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!==

help

wut?

I don't think they do, just build sturdier prisons

I know right, so frustrating

goodbye world