Hacking the SNES Mini

How long after the release of this cute little thing will skilled hackers develop a method to play all the Super Nes, Super Famicom, and NES games in it?
Could it be that Nintendo has implemented some sort of protection after they saw how weak the NES Mini was against hacking?
Can hackers hack anything?

How long will it take, I wonder, from the day of release until it runs much more that it was meant ti.

Other urls found in this thread:

8bitdo.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder if the Everdrive will work with it.

I think the real question is "why bother?" You already have a thousand and one different emulation solutions available.

You know what would be better and cheaper? Get some mini-computer, maybe a Pi or android Android tv box, and load it up with emulators. The only thing I want from that is for someone to extract the Starfox 2 rom, which may be more complete than the beta leaked before.

Surely no. It's a tiny thing with a handful of bundled games, it doesn't even have a cartridge slot.

Oops, wrote Android twice. Weird.

Why do even want to buy one when there already cheaper alternative available out there.

They will probably be able to, but the only real purpose I see is dumping the Starfox 2's ROM. Get something like an OrangePi PC and install Lakka or RetrorangePi on it, it will be cheaper and more efficient.

No it won't.
It's an emulator box, like those Raspberry Pi machines,

Hopefully something other than a RasperryPi, since they're virtue signaling fags with overpriced crap (the community and accesory support is fine though). There are good alternatives like the OrangePi, BananaPi, and ODROID boards.

Fuck off cuck.

Yeah, I know they're shit. But it's the only name that came to mind.

It's just a different plastic shell and romset for the same hardware as the NES Mini, which has already been completely rooted. Turned out the power port on the back was also a fully functional USB port because they used a standard off-the-shelf ARM and didn't even try to lock it down.

uh, we can already do that on both PC and android buddy

What is wrong with pi and what is an alternative?

But why? If the NES Classic is any indication then you'll be able to get much more accurate emulation using your PC. What's the fucking point besides autism?

Nintencuckery of course.

Why not just use an everdrive on an actual SNES or Super Famicom? All you're paying for with the snes mini is an emulator box that you can not get any more games for.

You Nintendo fanboys have to be the most retarded consumers of any fanbase.

SD2SNES doesn't support shit like SFX and SA-1 games, and it's the most compatible flashcart.

Day 1 most likely, the hardware will be identical to the NES Classic, it's only an issue of reusing the NES classic hacks on the SNES Classic.

This.

It's not eve the original hardware, or replication of the original hardware.
It's a fucking mini PC with emulator.
Fucking goys.

Because I already do that, and also I want the sweet, sweet controllers.
Long cords, nice D-Pads, the feel I felt many years ago while holding them with my then small hands, and it comes with two of them bitches.
Also, it's a cute little thing, this SNES Mini. I collect things, and I like games, and I enjoy having cute things around.

Why don't you just get a SNES USB controller? You can get nice ones if you don't cheap out.

its a phone, philistine.

I'm listening…

This.
I could at least somewhat understand if this was a portable game console, but this thing just hooks up to a TV.
Use a PC instead.
The most I could be convinced to purchase are the controllers for this. Just maybe.

Beyond that, the only reasons you can possibly come up with to justify the purchase is scalping, collector's value like , or dumping the StarFox2 ROM off the thing (if you like the idea of legal emulation).

It's super easy to make portable.

8bitdo.com

I can't see any flaw with this.

The iBuffalo was a popular choice back then as well, pic related.
You could always get an original SNES controller and a USB adapter as well.

The thing is, even for it's purpose of being a little console you can hook up to your TV, there are better alternatives for a SNES Mini.

You can get a vastly more useful machine for 60-70 bucks, which has:
Because even if the console gets hacked, it may not support some special chipped games
PS1 2D Games mostly work great. If you use RetrorangePi you can also have a full Armbian Linux desktop and Kodi for your multimedia needs, also some engine ports like DOOM, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Cave Story, OpenBOR and Streets of Rage Remake (soon)

Don't fall for the scam, there are better ways to emulate than that.
If anything else fails, just get an old CRT TV and a cheap Wii full with emulators

Has anyone ever told you you're a stupid faggot?

Apparently the company that makes those is full of virtue signaling cucks.

Get a Saturn pad you fucking plebian, it's an improvement over the SNES in literally every way.

At least nintendo didn't put their buttons in a line. Seriously, the genesis controller is beyond retarded.

Except the buttons have an unergonomic layout and too much throw and the d-pad can easily mistake a cardinal direction for a diagonal, sure.

Now that my digits have confirmed the Saturn pad to be over rated the debate is now

FUCKING OVER

Those controllers are hot garbage.

But Nintendo made the comfiest controller back in 2001.
Certainly felt better to hold than the brick with a tamogatchi built into it that passed for a controller on the Dreamcast.

Forgot pic

0/10

why are you calling yourself livestock?

I want the Nintoddlers to leave. You would eat shit if it had a Nintendo sticker on it.

Nintencucks, everyone.

Why are Nintencucks the biggest revisionist faggots on the planet?

Both buying the unit and then loading it with games will give me geek cred among my friends, and geek cred brings geek pussy.
I'm not saying it's smart, but it's how it is.

Just for the record SFX games are being worked on right now for SD2SNES and seem likely, that said SA-1 seems unlikely on the current boards.

Hey anons this is the closest to an SNES/Emu thread.

What's the best flashcart you can get that's also reasonably priced? I recently dug out my system and it works like a dream so I'm tempted to get into that whole emulate on console thing since I feel it's cheaper in the long run

You shouldn't really go cheap on flashcarts, because you will get what you pay for. I suggest at the least going with a Super Everdrive, though I own an SD2SNES and don't regret it at all. What you should really do is look at the Super Everdrive's compatibility list and see if there's anything you'll desperately miss that you don't already have or don't want to hunt down. If not grab it and you'll be set. Also hunting down the few special chip games you want that aren't supported will give you something to collect.

Also technically the only thing being emulated when you're using a flashcart is the cartridge, I wouldn't call it emulation really.

Abloo bloo don't support anything if your politics don't match up, they are LITERALLY trying to kill you. I see the exact same argument on Tumblr but in less "u mad goy?" wording, typically about something they suspect white people support or "anti-LGBTQ+" businesses

Nice

they are good enough, not for fighting games, but tht's another thread

You bought this on yourself, 2/3rd Satan

Then if you're buying an SNES mini or it's ilk at all you almost certainly don't belong here or any imageboards at all, you might as well just go to facebook and Twitter.

Also
They're a hardware company, they didn't have the need to go all anti Gamergate on social media to virtue signal to their San Fran clique and get Social Justice points. If they are so inmature as a company to do somthing that dumb, they clearly don't deserve my money (their shit is overpriced as fuck as well).

Sage for Off-Topic