Multiplayer Vidya generals

There's an idea that was floating around a little while ago and I'd like to get some feedback on it from anons - to see if people would participate or not. There are lots of multiplayer games that are dead, abandoned or just not played very much nowadays, all for different reasons - perhaps a quality MMO died of shitty devs or naturally, maybe some first person shooter game just never took off for some reason - all of it doesn't matter. What matters, however, is that some games are very dead when they don't have any right to be. So, what could be done to alleviate the problem?

Imagine, if you will, a recurring general where anons pick one vidya to play every month and try to get as good at it as possible. The genre doesn't matter, if the game's fun, if it has a high skill cap and if you can play it together, you could play it with anons and have boatloads of fun. At the end of each month, people could reflect their thoughts about the game and about how good they've gotten and then move on to the new one. It would kinda be like the Gauntlet threads and what /radcorp/'s doing, except it'd be a full month's worth of multiplayer vidya, non-stop.

There's tons of videogames that could be nominated for this, but for now I'd just like to get your opinion - would you participate or not? Are there enough people that might consider concentrating on getting good at a vidya that anons have voted on? What kind of games would you suggest? Would you be willing to talk about in-game strategy if those threads do happen? Pls reply.

Despite knowing fully well that your idea will go nowhere, I nominate Duke Nukem 3D.

That's most likely what will happen, but I have hope that user still likes to play videogames!

doesn't sound like it will work very well.

i nominate Warframe though

Mite b fun but I doubt any game could hold anons attention span for a month.

1. Warframe isn't dead
2. We have a general and clan already
3. It's not really multiplayer, it's fucking 4 players max, 8 if you wanna get fancy with raids

oh you meant more like diablo 2 type of online?

and also this

The point is to make an environment where anons would wreck eachother in and where they could attempt to outperform one another. With resets happening each month, in theory any fuckoff user could git gud enough to be with the best of them.

Interesting idea. I liked playing Red Orchestra with Holla Forums so I'll nominate that.

The Xonotic thread has been going on for a year by now. Their numbers have diminished since however there's been some constructive activity (e.g map making, gitting gud, tournaments). So I think there's anons out there that's capable of that.

Sure.

Seconded

I'd be into mapmaking for older games.

Fucking Jedi Academy bois.
Make it happen.

Since people are already nominating, here's two more games for the list - Neotokyo and Lineage II, specifically the Interlude expansion. The latter might be an MMO, but it has some really good PvP and you could set up a server for it relatively easily.

There's no good reason why that should happen since there's so much great classic vidya multiplayer we could play, but this is Holla Forums so fuck videogame lol

+1 for what suggested I guess

I nominate THUG Pro, it's something different & you can get pretty technical with it. I just want to shred with some anons

You can tell he's fucking tires of the 900, and skating in general. Let the man fucking rest.

I got a few games in mind, altough all from the same company.
1. Cosmic Break
2. Onigiri Online
3. C21 online

I don't know about their japanese counterparts but they are usually dead except for a few players at best and are still online somehow. C21 is in japanese but considered the slower-paced pve-friendly prequel of Cosmic Break. Also might have issues woth launcher and java version on c21 and cosmic break. It's chibi robot and waifu bots with a nice style but p2w gachapons. I think you can get ways to have rolls for free but i am not too sure. Onigiri online is a tps action mmorpg based on japanese folklore and onis, Also animu based.

He just looks traumatized, more than anything.

If weeb and mmos are no good, then probably Zombie panic source with custom maps. Player humans vs player zombies. I remember some map with zelda music playing and humans had to jump across platforms at the end to win.

Looks pretty fucking good to be honest. Robots flying around and shooting the shit out of eachother.
Not sure on this one. It could be good, but it just looks too weeb.
It's in nip, so no.

MMO's in general are a big no unless there's a reliable way to host a server, and even then there's a lot of other options. One last bump for today lads, post some more nominations and I'll make a poll tomorrow or the day after on what we should play with links to gameplay videos of each entry.

Lead and Gold was gifted to me once by someone last year. I only got a few games of it, but it was a pretty fun team-based shooter. It might be fun to actually play with a full team.

Tactical Intervention
Its free completely fucking dead and from what I hear its pretty good

I was testing the server software earlier today, actually. I should see how mods work on it.

What about Starsiege Tribes 1/2?
I know some anons on some secluded board still play it every weekend or so, but the game's pretty much totally dead and whoever's still playing it has been playing it for years now. With how insanely high the skill ceiling is on both games, it's almost impossible to even have a grasp on how to improve against anyone else.

RIP thread