6 months into SFV Season 2

We're 6 months into SFV's second season. What's happened so far?

Results:

Other urls found in this thread:

streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/speculation-on-arikas-unnamed-street_17.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They just need to scrap it and start fresh with SF VI

Any youtube videos or webms of Pro players shitting on SFV? I know Aris lowkey called it garbage in his usual way.

This is why they make games shit, people will flock to them like sheep and keep it in their minds. I have to be mad at myself for even commenting on this.

People are getting sick of Maximilian? The fighting game YouTuber that did shit for Killer Instinct? What did he do?

It's possible to do you know. In fact I dscovered a brand new game while shitposting about Animal Crossing today.

You enable this problem far more than you give yourself credit for user, just admit you like SF and move on.

And make it 2D again. At least get rid of the paint hadokens.

Geoff is a sjw?

Geoff the Hero is becoming an sjw? That sucks, he was funny.

Infiltration whined about Season 2's balance changes, and how horrible the Capcom Cup was. Daigo is also whining about the meta, but Capcucks are turning on him, saying he should retire.

He's a Capcuck with Wong and Filipino Champ because he knows Capcom will ruin his "career" as the Pewdiepie of fighting games. /R Kappa has been making fun of Max for a while, but people are starting to wake up to Max's bullshit.

He's trying to jump on the bandwagon when he moved to California, hoping guys like Max will let him suck his dick (despite Geoff used to shit on the fgc). I wouldn't put it past Geoff to be a sjw now, since he's been a cunt lately. It's funny because before he moved there, he really wanted to do nothing with fighting games even if you talked to him about KI.

FChamp is shitting on the game in this video. Why is he a cuck?

He's defending and shilling the fuck out of MvCI and Capcom lately like the shady two-faced prick he is.

He quieted up real quick when his bosses "suggested" he promote Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It's easy for him to say "well, SFV has no defence, that sucks" since it's a popular opinion, but he'll never stop playing it and learn a new game by a developer who doesn't treat him like shit.

Why are Capcucks the worst shills?

Okay, he's a faggot.

Get fucked niggers.

SFVI will just be worse Capcom cannot make games anymore they scared all their staff off when Jewnafune tried to turn the place into a publishing house for western games. Most of Capcom's fighting game developers ironically enough went to SNK.

MVC:I looks like hot fucking garbage.

They haven't shown the "fixed" faces yet right? Who wants to bet they will look pretty much the same if not worse? I mean that shit looked objectively bad and they put it in trailers in stuff on a press conference at E3. They are either so incompetent they thought that it was good or they just don't give a fuck.

Capcom needs to die as fast as possible to show other Japanese developers this is what happens when you touch the west. Between the complete joke Capcom has become and Microsoft nearly bankrupting Platinum only to be saved by 2B's magical ass. It would send a pretty clear message.

Her ass was a gift from the gods.
Even Kamiya though i still think he's a hack thanks Taro for saving Platinum.

Even if you don't like the way Kamiya acts I don't see how you could argue against his track record. I'll admit Scalebound actually was the first game of his that looked absolutely boring and I am kind of glad it was cancelled. However everything else he's directed I've really enjoyed.

They didn't fix the faces at all. They just changed the lighting. Dante still looks like a druggie, and Zero's hair look like shit.

literally what

also off-topic but this guy is one of the dudes responsible for the shitty Arkham Knight PC port

Oh so they did show them already got a link?

I bet it feels good man

Yoko Taro isn't on SE paycheck, he's a freelance dev but because Drakengard and Neir got a cult following, they decided to keep him to direct the game. He's is friend with DQ producer, not director, which why he can get Nier greenlighted by the company even though his game usually have horrible sales record.

I couldn't even start the free beta, kept getting some "pineapple error" message on steam and i just dropped it.

lol i got out of competitive games years ago when I realized the guys that were organizing things turned from gamers into suits, the whole bunch of them.

Tekken7 may not be perfect but it's heaps better than SFV…

Drakengard sold pretty well despite being a turd.
Same for Nier. I doubt that Enix is losing any money on his projects.

Never did see the appeal of SF. Trainwreck is fun to watch, though.

I see this happen a lot as if the game itself develops a cult of personality which protects it. Dark Souls

I like the Street fighter characters
I don't like having to spend over over 120 Bucks to get access to SF5
I will forever hate u for removing the buttslap and nipples

Mike Ross isnt exactly a "Pro player" but he is a pretty big FGC personality.

Git gud

Oh hoh Mike Ross had things to say? I'm always underestimating him.

Ross hates SFV, he also really hates the whole push into esports capcom is trying to do.

Hate and anger is important, look at normalfags, they were brought up with those things being bad, and they can't even defend themselves because of it.

same man, Cammy and Chun-li is so fucking hot and yet capcom keeps putting them in shit games. Feels bad man.

So are you saying that the only merit this game has is the main characters large butt? Wow, amazing game.

They showed off Jedah at Evo, and Filipino Champ was going out of his way to be a fake bitch about his reveal while commentators were trying to push the idea Capcom "fixed" the models. No one bought into this shit at Evo because everyone knew about his release from the leaks, and all they did was change the lighting to make Chun and Dante look good. The last Fighting Game Thread had a picture of Dante still looking like a druggie with Zero, but I can't find it.

And censoring Juri for a bunch of people who don't even touch fighters, and hypocritical dlc practices (Laura and Mika wear more clothes than the rest of the cast in the bikini dlc). The nipple thing was just retarded because Ken and Ibuki's faces should have been a bigger priority than a fucking nipple.

Basically what said. It's still called Duty Fighter V in Japan because none of the Japanese like to play it.

Capcuck/Maximilian fanboy detected.

You should read what I posted you ignorant nigger.

Some people in the FGC don't seem to realize that once a community gets media popular, it starts to get sterilied by other outside forces just to attract people who don't give a fuck. Add Disney to the mix and you've got my suicide letter.

He's joking you big dingus.

Don't you have an indie game to make?

frankly, he's not wrong. once capcom gives up on sfv as an esport all that tv money goes away and these (((respected voices of the community))) will lose their meal ticket. this is possibly the best thing that could happen for fighting games.

fighting layer is probably gonna be the closest thing to a good street fighter game we'll ever get for the foreseeable future.

they are also straight-up blacklisting commentators from cpt events

Don't forget asking the EVO finalists to change to less sexy costumes two years running. Apparently Cammy's default fucking outfit is too much now.

>FG (((Community))) dies

I can only hope.

Isn't that a Smitefaggot?

yep, he tried to get into the smash scene and they told him to fuck off. He made out that smash4 would do better if they took advice from him.

I know SFV has gotten some serious criticism in the past, but I didn't know if was this bad.

Surprised nobody has put this up yet.

Hm…. so that's why they inserted characters from the MCU.

I really really hope that Super SFV will be good (even though I really don't think that it will) because I really don't want to see Street Fighter as a series to die.

hey remember when capcom said they weren't going to re-release games with "super" or "turbo" added to the title? I remember people here claiming they were telling the truth.

Abigail might actually be the best of the newcomers so far. He's hilarious, and pretty much the only entertaining and cool thing to come out of this game.

are you retarded or something? how could you not foresee this game being shit?

For a AAA game from a big studio, selling less than 500K copies is considered as flop. Company want to make money, not break even.

Is it sad or hilarious that the best newcomer in SFV is a giant, truck obsessed retard?

I quit them 5 years ago after being disappointed with the fgc and seeing bullshit from companies like Capcom, Namco, LabZero, and Arcsys. I still boycott Capcom products after SFxT.

I should have added that in the results, as John D accidentally revealed Capcom is trying to replace SFV with MvCI through esports.

Shit will fly if they make a Super SFV, but even though a Super is inevitable it's probably going to be worse than what we currently have.

They said if they do that, it'll be through patches instead of discs. Who knows if Ono and Capcom will keep that promise, but Wong, Maximilian, Combofiend, , Geoff the Hero, and Filipino Champ will probably find ways to justify Capcom making another disc.

Abigail is an autistic abomination with a really embarrassing "story" (and apparently shitty like the rest of the new characters if what Eventscrubs says is true). When Lowtiergod says your new character is terrible, you know you fucked up.

I think I found the alpha retard.

I cant see this being successful, no one outside of the US likes the series.

Spics and Flips love it too

Yeah, who needs cool looking characters or good looking women when you can have a retarded playdoh-looking Canadian who wears lipstick and makeup despite being a roided behemoth? Evil cis gamers don't have to be your audience anymore, if only Capcom displayed their loyalty to the movement more abd brought all their female characters up to the same aesthetic level, this game would be perfect! :^)

You know what the worst part about this is? - That's no money at all.

A company with a revenue generator like the SF franchise, or Marvel's IP catalog should be able to laugh at $185000. They would make so much more money, if they just made good products that people actually want to buy, and used the tournaments as marketing without any extra commercialization.

I don't want to see SF as a series die either, but with what Capcom has done to the series with SFV I can't be hopeful for anything from them, and you should be either.

Really puts SFV into perspective

They can't even do a throwback to Final Fight correctly.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out the biggest problem in that webm. No matter how far you are from the opponent, you immediately enter your blocking stance if you hold back. While that zombie is out, he can't walk backwards. Same with Frank throwing random jabs. It stops him from moving backwards. This flinching, for most games, only happens when attacks are very close to hitting your character. This makes controlling someone's movement possible to some degree when applying some close range whiffs in Street Fighter. But here it doesn't make any sense what so ever. The flinching is full screen and limits ground mobility any time a projectile or attack is active from the opposite player. That means jumping backwards would be the only way to move backwards when attacks are on the screen unless backdashes overlaps the blocking animation. This will make characters with slow projectiles or good zoning skills OP most likely and create some retarded set-ups.

Just to make sure I wasn't full of shit I checked to see if this was in MvC3. Nope, it was not. It was also in some MvCI footage that came out 4 weeks ago.

Onoo was the reason for SF4 goofiness and overdone ultras but without him, there will be no SF4.
I would say that SF4 with its warts and all is better than no SF4. Know that Onoo use DiMPs to make a Capcom IP; current Capcom has no programming talent (unless it's the MonHun group)
streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/speculation-on-arikas-unnamed-street_17.html

user Street Fighter is dead and Capcom is going to die soon as well. Nothing they make makes any money aside from MonHun and even MonHun X/XX had lower sales than the previous games, which is a first for the serious. Capcom are so incredibly desperate they are making a new monster hunter that focuses on the WESTERN audience. I mean look at MVC they just re-released MVC3 for consoles and now they are making MVCI. Every character in MVCI is either taken completely from MVC3 or just an amalgamation of parts from dropped characters because Marvel's marketing department told them to push MCU. The only chance Street Fighter has is when Capcom tanks a studio that cares will buy it.

Leaves capcom to start his own company
What now?

Please, do you have any more details on con man causing internal strife at capcom? I want to see first hand how awful he was at his original job.

Inafune is THE guy who told Capcom that the Japanese games industry is dead and that they should focus on publishing western games. He started by producing Dead Rising and Lost Planet which he thought were aping western games. Then he went from there to fully handing over Dead Rising to a western studio. He also was behind Grin the guys who remade Bionic Commando re-armed games and Bionic Commando Hot Dogs Edition. He did a whole bunch of stuff and convinced Capcom that making games with japanese people was a bad idea. It led to them closing down studios or just having talent leave because there was nothing for them to do. There is also a rumour that Inafune was the man responsible for shutting down Clover. That was never proven but Kamiya definitely doesn't like the guy. Anyway Inafune finally convinced Capcom to make Mega Man Legends 3 then he left Capcom to start Comcept. This left Capcom with no talent aside from the monster hunter team and with the release of DmC and RE 5 & 6 pretty much complete disrespect for all of their IPs. They got mad and cancelled MML3 seemingly just to spite Inafune along with essentially what was a MegaMan maker game for PC, though to be fair it looked like crap. The reasoning Capcom used to cancel MML3 was to blame the fans saying they didn't care enough. Of course this made every mega man fan turn against Capcom and opened shit wide-open for Mighty Number 9. People should have known better though Inafune is not and never was a programmer or game designer. Even though he claims to be the "father of mega man" he didn't even create the character he did some of the enemy designs in the NES games and that is it. From there he joined the production side of things and moved up the company. Inafune is arguably responsible for the entire shit show that was Japanese game development during the PS3/360 era. Every interview he had with anyone was talking about how Japan is doomed and they can't do anything to save it. Once he left Capcom and everyone started hating his guts because of all the shit he did Japanese games started really flourishing again.

Jesus Dead Rising and Lost Planet were weird cases since they're unabashadly Japanese games produced by a man trying to ape Western garbage.

I never saw the appeal for any of the SF games. Mainly because I just thought they were too slow compared to other games.
Half the time I just see matches devolve into projectile spam matches when it came to SF4 but it's even more boring with SF5 where it's just not fun.
I could boot up Guilty Gear or Killer Instinct, or any other fighting game and have a ton more fun not knowing what I'm doing than playing SF5.

Exactly Inafune doesn't know the first thing about video games he just saw oh there's like guns and stuff just like the west makes. There's a reason why when he was making MN9 one of his priorities was voicing the characters and making a cartoon. The game was just an arm of marketing to push this new character he made.

What happened ?

Season 2 happened.

Let SFV rest, Capcom. Revive it when you have the plan & people for it…

Capcom knew they had to let Street Fighter rest they said at the start of this generation that SFV is still 6-8 years away they said they just are not in a place to do it right. Then Sony flashed them some cash and they did it anyways. They deserve all the hate they get and the FGC if they want to save Capcom should abandon them now before they waste the little money they have left and just keep burning out more and more of their fanbase. I've been a Capcom fan since I played SF2 when i was like 5 or 6. However right now I just kind of wish Capcom would go bankrupt because at least there would be a chance that someone could do something with their IP.

I never in my fucking life thought I would say I feel bad for Capcom, but I kind've feel bad for Capcom.

I mean they got reverse Oceleted by some fag who didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, took the fall for it due to dishonesty on both sides, lost everyone talented enough to keep the company a float, and are trying hard to scrape what little they have off the floor. Only for it to be blowing up in their faces.

Part of me is rooting for them to get back or create new talent so that they can start fresh, without people fucking them up.

Don't call it a grave. It's the future they chose. Capcom has lived off the work of the talented programmers and creators who invented their IPs for decades. Now, through sheer incompetence, arrogance, and inability to understand their own audience they have destroyed every single one of those IPs. They deserve this. Hopefully they die completely before raping the corpses of any more of the great gaming series they own the rights to.

No I mean how are they sjw shills ?

Inafune sounds like the CFO of my previous company who got fired because he seriously thought that Finance deserved more credit than they should.

Unless capcom gets funding again for 6, the series will go on hiatus for a long time.

It might help more if the Western audience were less a group of unbearable faggots and had more of an eye for quality, and would reward said quality in turn. As it stands most animu fighters - most having mechanics and features far above that of SFV - are fucking dead server-wise in the West and sorely rely on local group starts rather than matchmaking. I know SFV is mostly just riding on the coat-tails of SF4's success, but the amount of coverage it gets along with a decent player population is absurd for something that's such an obvious downgrade over its predecessor.

It's cute because Mike and Valle pushed for esports. "It helps pay for venues. It helps the community survive. Who doesn't want to get paid for what they love doing?" Now he's seeing all it does is kill the spirit and splinter the community. I wonder how long it'll take for old man Valle to finally crack and admit esports was a mistake. Pic related.

Yeah, congratulations, retard, you've signalled your superiority to everyone. Want to sit down with the rest of us and have an actual discussion now?

Imagine if SFV negotiated to get SONY bucks but release in 2018, so that it's polished. sigh

Back to reality, who's currently in charge of SFV anyway?

Spics and Flip in America, in their home countries they only care about The King of Fighters '98 and 2002.

Said the autist
I know there's a Japanese list, but I can't find one with Abigail. I can't find a real tier list for this shit game out of "Boxer and Guile good, Laura okay, rest shit, Juri, Ryu, Alex, and Fang on suicide watch."

What?

Dude, Abigail's is full of unbearable autism. Even I have my limits with that shit.

They approved the censorship in the game and forcing players to use different outfits in events, Geoff making fun of people pissed over the hypocritical censorship (dumb little shit thought it's because they ruined fap material instead of free speech and Capcom spending more time on a fucking nipple texture than fixing Ken's fucking face). James and Max were always sjw cucks (James being the bigger sjw cuck), but Wong is more of a shill that'll suck Capcom dick to keep his weed money (Filipino Champ is two-faced slimeball).

Valle doesn't give a shit. All he wants is the money like Mr. Wizard and JeBailey. Ross got the short end of the stick with the esports shit, since the little clique he and Valle belonged to kind of turned on him.

If rumors are true, they're going to ruin the GnG franchise by making it into some fucking 1970s horror shit (Hence why Arthur and Firebrand are in MvCI). It's horrible to be a GnG fan.

I hope SNK buys SF and we get SNK vs Capcom 2. But it'd be kinda ugly in screenshots…

I want 2B that dick.

Valle finally admitted SFV isn't very good in an interview with born free. They're all going in for mvci now.

I think you're forgetting the awful working conditions Capcom had in their work space. People doing office work most of the time shouldn't be so damn stressed they have to visit a hospital because they're working too hard.

It doesn't help that the CEO of Capcom only allow himself and his family to call the shots. Thankfully, his son is actually doing pretty well with the Monster Hunter series but I fear World will hurt the series even more. MH is becoming more and more casual to the point the game doesn't even get difficult till G-rank.

I am ok with this.

B-but SF4 resurrected 2D fighting games!! Even they're all absolute shit now and being ruined by eSports cancer!! Are you really okay with playing old good fighters?? We need to advance the FGC, user!

SF4 actually didn't do that. Nothing was made that wouldn't have been made if SF4 didn't come out.