Vita Thread #32

"Limited Edition" Edition
WHATCHA:
And most importantly, are you still having fun?
Upcoming games:
iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/
Previous Threads:
pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu
archive.li/2br5N
archive.is/ulsKF
First-Time Buyer's FAQ:
pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx
Vita Hacking:
pastebin.com/a8kiP7Fs
Vita Wallpapers:
ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/g
youtube.com/watch?v=OAbqkFIyFKM
twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/900039944013361152
gematsu.com/2017/08/secret-mana-3d-remake-announced-ps4-ps-vita-pc
tcrf.net/Battletoads_(NES)/Regional_Differences
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901960683939647488
gematsu.com/2017/08/occulticnine-delayed-november-9-japan-release-physical-edition
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/pax-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG
amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905061709215186944
gematsu.com/2017/09/steamworld-dig-2-ps4-ps-vita-launches-september-26-north-america-september-27-europe
gematsu.com/2017/09/steinsgate-elite-launches-ps4-ps-vita-spring-2018-japan
gematsu.com/2017/09/wrong-try-pick-girls-dungeon-infinite-combate-launches-ps4-ps-vita-spring-2018-japan
gematsu.com/2017/09/bullet-girls-phantasia-announced-ps4-ps-vita
gematsu.com/2017/09/katahane-grisaia-phantom-trigger-vol-12-coming-ps-vita-winter-japan
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905450962210365441
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905718968010162176
pastebin.com/ELptKruf
wololo.net/2016/07/30/henkaku-fix-error-c2-12828-1/
sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/adrbubblebooter/vpkedition
operationrainfall.com/2017/09/13/interview-mary-skelter-nightmares/
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/releases
gist.github.com/yifanlu/d546e687f751f951b1109ffc8dd8d903
mega.nz/#!HxcGSKiZ!EO7xrJ7DUX4kRe95ZHcQOX22m5LaNftwxhblk6tl2wg
github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
mobile.twitter.com/CelesteBlue123/status/909390961477849089
twitter.com/SphereSolid/status/908398623645302784
gist.github.com/yifanlu/bcc8ebb102704ae136c650a912c6f70c
mobile.twitter.com/MonsieurSushi/status/910139685627887622/photo/1
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/mary-skelter-nightmares-dengeki-original-theme/cid=UP0031-PCSE01014_00-ADDCONTENTDLC006
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/mary-skelter-nightmares-original-theme/cid=UP0031-PCSE01014_00-ADDCONTENTDLC010
pastebin.com/u7YpQWUZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit, time to buy a Vita again.

So this SD2Vita thing, is it for loading games or can it be used as a memory card?

Give me some recommendation for VN please, preferably a dating sim.

Already played

is there anything new that I missed? I watch some twilight ghost hunter gameplay because it sort of VN but the "game" part looks boring as hell and too complicated.

It behaves like an SD card in every way except for taking up the cartridge slot and needing HENkaku to mount to ux0: Sadly that also means the usual limits on multiple SD cards still apply (no hot-swap, bubble layout scrambling, etc). It's less than ideal but better than the shitty Vita ones. Anyway I added a section to the past for it.

Should I just remove henkaku I cant into vita piracy since reddit made all the fucking guides and their organization is non existent I don't know…..

All the major console hackers use platforms you won't like. Get over it. Besides theres the paste.

vndb.org/g

Any chance in the future, hacked vitas will be able to player newer games?

Honestly do you anything else? Soundtracks are usually a very convincing reason for me to play a game. Like in many western games, they don't even provide a soundtrack. Ubisoft, for example, give a load of garbage to inflate their price. Also there's that 400+ dollars collector's edition.

Why the fuck did he only make 100 units?

Typo aside, I'd rather an artbook and soundtrack (full soundtrack; not those silly little samplers they give for some initial prints, or partial soundtracks they do for LEs and CEs) as a bonus than some of the other things some companies have taken to doing. I still can't figure out why some companies think people would want a fucking microfiber cloth over either of those, but it's happened, and multiple times too. And on a related note, it's fucking sad and disgusting that we've entered an era you honestly have to question if a CE even comes with the game itself.

Hope NISA doesn't drop the ball on it. On one hand, I want to have hope from how the first one turned out, but on the other hand, it's fucking NISA. Hope means practically nothing, and I'd much rather wait to here how one of their games is post release, before ever buying it (and I'd still aim for a preowned copy of any of their games; fuck giving them money for their localizations, since they'll never learn).

Has there ever been a games OST with one of those "special" editions that actually had the full OST on it?

All the ones I own have some bastardized CD missing many many tracks, they are pointless.

Honestly, I haven't been that taken in by most Vita game soundtracks except Danganronpa. Artbooks are lovely though, especially the ones with lewd pictures in them.

A chance but unlikely. Until it happens, please refrain from updating 3.60 systems since they are precious. Buy a used one if you really must play the newer games.

Fug.

Where da figs at? The soundtrack usually isn't all that great of a bonus either, not only for the issues they sometime have, as mentioned, but also because game soundtracks are really hit or miss (more misses) in general. Who gives a shit about having a soundtrack as extra goods when the games music is ass? nobody.

Thankfully, Semen Glaze has a super good soundtrack. Chances are high that the second game will as well. If it didn't have NISA on that label I would be snapping it up in a heartbeat, but I'm a man of integrity so I'll take the blow and pay the scalper tax.

Super Robot Wars Z3: Jigoku-hen

Not much really, can't think of anything coming up. If Dragon's Crown for Vita ever gets cheaper maybe that.

See above

I'd be interested if there was a variant of henkaku that would work at current firmware, as my Vita's still 3.60 on the off chance there's fan translations/retranslations down the line (would really like to see Tales of Innocence R get the former and Hearts R get the latter, for example). Suppose maybe I ought to look around for a PSTV sometime, but don't those still have a natural lockout on some games? Makes me wonder if they're really that good an alternative as time goes on.

That assumes that the game has bad, or at least just mediocre music. You're right that in such cases, a soundtrack is likely a wasted expense. But there's a number of games with pretty enjoyable OSTs that I really wish would have gotten a soundtrack released in some form (be it extra purchase, LE/CE bonus, or first print run), and have otherwise had to have the tracks ripped directly from the game. Such is the case with Avalon Code, wherein the the mp3s have had to be acquired from the soundtest mode, and none of the tracks seem to have been given names beyond "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. I'm sure that if it had ben deemed worthy of a soundtrack release, at least in Japan, we could have actual names for them beyond those official numbering.

I'll hopefully find it some time at $20 preowned or so, the way I did the first game. That assumes that it's actually findable locally after the initial prints though.

Good luck. Vita display in physical retailers, at least in gamestop, are barebones affair. It was hard enough finding games a few years back, but nowadays? You'll have to search some mom and pop gig to have some chance, if you're lucky enough to have one sitting around. I know I'm not.

I'll just snag mine off of Ebay. I really don't want to wait a year or more for the scalper tip to go down to reasonable levels, so I'll call myself lucky if I can get near retail price give or take $5 or something.

Yeah I hate when they have a sampler soundtrack unless said tracks aren't in the game like the sampler soundtracks that come with early copies of Etrian Odyssey games. The sampler soundtracks either have different versions in the game or they decided not to put them in the game.

Many games don't comes with figs these days. Hell I see them more with western games. The last game I remember having some was Senran Kagura. As for games with figs made for them, it's still a rare thing. It's usually for visual novels that become anime with exceptions like Full Metal Deamon Muramasa and Saya no Uta. Games like 7th Dragon get figs though.

You could try Stein's Gate and Utawarerumono.

Considering they're fucking up Ys VIII despite all the pressure to do it right, they'll fuck up DG2

I don't know if it counts as VN, but Ar Nosurge Plus is pretty good. Good luck finding a physical copy though.

Any second opinions on Akiba's Trip?

I might pick that up.

Is this the Ys NISA is handling?

No

93% good end for Ekoro, I forgot how annoying that route was to perfect. I'll do it later, sisters route now.

If by "second opinion" you mean "not the fag who was posting a fair bit about it last thread", then too bad! I enjoy it but it's probably the most disappointing game I've ever played. The setting and general concept I just love: Be cute girl beating people up with computer keyboard and ripping their clothes off in Akihabara. However the story is paced atrociously and nonsensical, and should've been one with lots of branching paths and approaches to it. The sidequests are largely of the fetch and beat people up variety, not that interesting although they have the occasional good reward, one being my favourite in any game ever. The combat is alright in that it has some actual attempt at depth and isn't just a button masher. Still, it gets repetitive and functions poorly in some fights since bosses are too easy, while crowds are tedious and can quickly ruin you if you screw up.

On a technical level the Vita version has some issues (framerate natch, smaller crowds of people, loading times followed by gradually loading the people in). Also it's a NISA localization but you can play in Japanese and as far as I know they didn't censor anything, so that's only annoying for bloating the game size with dub voices if you're buying digital. And y'know, supporting NISA.

With how hit-or-miss figs can be I'd rather buy one standalone anyway. Artbooks tend to be OK.

You can apparently unblacklist games on PSTV, even ones with latest firmware. You just can't do any of the nice storage redirection that makes the PSTV the ultimate cheap option. youtube.com/watch?v=OAbqkFIyFKM

Good.

Can anyone recommend me a good theme? One with good music and/or good icons.

I like the Garou MoTW theme, but you only get it after buying the game (it's on sale btw)

Appreciate the insight. I've made the decision not to get it since then.

Haven't followed vita news in a while, have they released titty ninjas water fight for vita yet or are they still doing PS4 only?

How's the Vita as an emulation machine? Can it emulate NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1 and GBA full speed?
If not, how's progress coming along in optimizing its emulators?

So far PS4 only, probably will get a Vita port in a year or two, assuming Sony doesn't wise up and make a new handheld.

Putting the trashy games away for a bit and just grabbed a Mai dump of Dragon's Crown. I will eventually track down a physical copy but even if I do it'll have to be dumped thanks to the SD card adapter. Haven't gone far into the game yet but I'm playing Sorceror and it's pretty fun. No comment needed on how beautiful the game is, because damn.

Wanting Gun Gun Pixies but that's not an option until the hackers figure something out.

Decent. It must be a 3.60 system.
RetroArch FCEUmm core.
RetroArch older SNES9x cores. 2010 is typically too slow.
RetroArch Genesis Plus GX, haven't tried this but it should work, the goddamn Wii can run it.
Adrenaline for PSP eBoot conversions. Also for PSP ISOs.
RetroArch VBA Next core. Not 100% full speed in certain places. Maybe try standalone mgba emulator too.

3DS is a solid contender for running DS games (flash card, or maybe not anymore I haven't been keeping track of 3DS lately, TWLoader might be up to snuff), GBA games (it has something similar to Wine) and SNES (N3DS only. You can run SNES9x standalone or some VC injects).

No problem. It's not a terrible game. But yeah, disappointing.

I thoroughly expect it to run like ass on Vita if it ever ends up there.

How's the difficulty in God wars future past? I need a spicy tactics game

Thinking of buying one of these, some questions continuing the other emulation talk.

How much better for emulation is a Vita over a PSP Slim?

Does PS4 Remote Play work with a hacked Vita? doubt it but may as well ask

Double checking the FAQ, Play-Asia Vitas are hackable correct?

How's the d-pad? Seems kinda sunken in.

Lastly, is there a better portable/handheld option for emulation? I mean with something that has actual buttons, not a phone.

Going to combo break all the huehue pirates here and say I'm carefully considering getting the Mary Skelter LE mainly for the physical novel. Only reason I'd reconsider is the overwhelming exchange rate different from maplebucks to burgers, thanks to our shit economy/government.

If you want it for emulation just get a psp.

Oh if you're buying new, Adrenaline is not currently an option. That's being looked into though.
Never owned one. However Adrenaline can run PSP homebrew and games so probably better but more expensive. Less so now there's alternatives to the expensive SD cards.
No PS4, can't say. Not buying one until it gets hacks.
I'd consider buying on Amazon from USA before Play-Asia since they're guaranteed to be 3.60 or lower, and there's no region-specific issues with the second-gen ones. I also don't know if there's any new risks with the Japanese models, besides the ones listed in the paste.
It's alright but not my first choice due to them being individual buttons, like the PS1 controllers.

If he just wants an emulation handheld there's probably better options still. I've never bothered to check since I mostly emulate on laptop.

Cunt, thank you. I also own most of my games except the ones that are difficult/impossible to find here.

It's true that there are better dedicated handhelds purely for emulation, but the psp is the best considering it's price point, setup simplicity and button layout.

I ordered the LE, I'm a sucker dungeon crawlers and art books.

Any chance either of you might be willing scan and upload it when it's out? Just asking since I've heard rumor that the novel explains a fair bit of background, or something, and if it really does add a lot to the experience, such a thing ought to be made more available that just a limited print book (and perhaps eventual wiki synopsizes, should the game wind up having one made for it).

Dragon's crown
A large sale, or stores in my country to actually have vita games
Mary Skelter Limited Edition
Now I'm concerned about it being censored severely.

Better with a number of platforms if you're using retroarch, otherwise, it's pretty much the same.
I think that works. I'm not sure.
They will likely come with 3.61 or above. That would keep you from being able to use Henkaku.
I'm not that picky, but it's better than what I've used on any other handheld.
That portable windows handheld. I don't remember what it was called. I think it was XPD something or other. Might be an Nvidia product.

twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/900039944013361152
Goo

I would if I had access to a scanner.

If you have a somewhat modern phone, there are programs that work as alternatives to scanners, but I'm sure they won't be the same quality as a dedicated one.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to pick up a 3DS for emulation. I really like the Vita but its software seems a bit unrefined at the moment and the 3DS' 240p screen means it doesn't up to upscale retro games. Plus, I've heard it has a good Virtual Boy emulator that supports 3D.

I'll probably pick up a Vita for PS1 emulation (something the 3DS will never be able to do) and PSP games later down the line.

Didn't IFI say something before along the lines that if they felt they'd be having to censor a given game, they would opt not to bring it over at all rather than butcher the content to appease ratings boards/media?

Yes, but make no mistake, it is not that they are afraid of rating boards. 99% of the time, the ESRB, PEGI, etc etc, are pretty chill about the content of Loli Pantyquest. It's just (((Journalists))) and SJWeebs blowing shit out of proportion and scaring them.

SJWs are pretty universally anti-Japan, they're the kind of people who spout off the "two nukes weren't enough" shit unironically

Yes, but make no mistake, it is not that they are afraid of rating boards. 99% of the time, the ESRB, PEGI, etc etc, are pretty chill about the content of Loli Pantyquest.
Maybe not here in NA, or at times Europe as well (barring Germany), but I seem to recall reading something that with Australia and/or New Zealand, they decided not to release MeiQ there because the ratings board there was telling them something like "censor it or you can't sell it here". And I think one of those places even labelled the game as CP after they declined to release it in lieu of censoring (or maybe I'm thinking of Valkyrie Drive? It's been a while). So, I'd say there is some fear of what ratings boards might think (though I feel IFI makes the right call to sadly write-off the territory rather than censor for the rest of the world to appease one or two countries; at least importing is an option for those with the Vita, assuming customs doesn't seize them), but it's perhaps situational to how a given country's boards/laws tend to react.

That was valkyrie drive.

I've got a 50 dollar gift card, should I get Mary Skelter and hope it'll run on 3.60, or does anyone have any suggestions for VNs or DRPGs? I already own Steins;Gate and DT2.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, and Demon Gaze 2

gematsu.com/2017/08/secret-mana-3d-remake-announced-ps4-ps-vita-pc

Judging from that video, the lack of the Vita logo on the preorder page hints at no physical western release on the Vita if you ask me.

Screen in the video, I mean.

Of course we can't get anything special. Fucking Sony.

Who cares?

That reminds me I was supposed to try that, for superficial reasons. It'll probably end in tears though since Senran Kagura never grabbed me and it's pretty much that.

As has been said before Mr. Nip Supreme, there are importing issues thanks to PSN and extra cost. Not all Western releases end up butchered either.

I still don't exactly trust Square to accomplish NOT doing that in some way.

Could just as easily be Square. I mean, aside from Final Fantasy related games (namely X/X-2 HD and World of Final Fantasy), have they even bothered to do physical releases of ANY Japanese games they've brought over for it? Fuck, it was hard enough for them to see reason to bring SD1's remake as Adventure of Mana over for anything but mobile phones at first, if memory serves.

I would argue that they are by definition butchered unless they include a full Japanese text/audio option with zero censoring whatsoever.

Plus, it's less that I'm "Japanese versions are better" and more "original versions are better." Do not play the JP version of Battletoads for instance, we got gypped hard.

What happened there, out of curiosity?

a switch between Conception 2 and Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. I've not come far when it comes to Utawarerumono. But came far enough to get an opinion of conception 2 and it's pure waifub8 and n even good one at that.
Also I hate the side character not because he is a useless faggot but because he is a cuck that literally says fuck my sister.
I just want a fun game.
nuffin, maybe that one game from the Persona 2 dev I've forgotten his name.

The most obvious change is getting a full 5 lives and 5 continues. Individual levels got toned down as fuck too. Apparently it was the prototype for the changes they made for the Mega Drive/Genesis version:

tcrf.net/Battletoads_(NES)/Regional_Differences

I could've sworn the European version had the easier stages as well. Regardless, the definitive one is USA even though it has that two-player glitch in stage 12.

I think AT2 fits into that category. Thought Senran Kagura did too but that's got no language selection in EV. Uncompromised is the exception, no argument there.

Yeah but it's the Vita.

Agreed.

Right, I understand that practically it's going to often lead to "Play it in Japanese" especially nowadays, but I think it's an important distinction, because shit does happen the other way too.

Also these 3

Well, got some shekels to fix my damn vita screen
What is the shit that I need? Like pic related?

Fucking nips what the fuck?!
i guess I will just take it to a repair shop and let them to that shit

Stupid spam flood happening. Just put MGS Integral on to play, and hopefully finally beat since last time I stopped at disc 2. Also Minecraft since I thought it wasn't in the Mai Torrent but it is, and it'll be nice to have handheld autism.

What the hell kind of instructions are these?!

Don't give NISA money.

Enough about emulators on Vita. How long until we can emulate the Vita itself?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAin all honesty it might be a while, if only because it seems a lot of people who do PC emulation are Westerners, and the Vita just didn't appeal to them

It's not happening soon
to give you an idea even something as trivial as the trophy system could prevent you from booting a game

On the other hand it's a ARM with a modern GPU so once the proprietary stuff is sorted out there's really nothing that hard to deal with relatively speaking.
I'd say if anyone cares enough to start a serious project you'll see games running properly a couple years after that, right now the only real effort on that front is a side project from some RPCS3 dev that runs a hello world and a few hardware tests.

It happens in games where the cartridges can hold their own save files, instead of relying on the memory card. Persona 4 Golden (JP), Dokuro, DJ Max Technika Tune, Time Travelers do this for instance. The handheld ask you to wipe out all your saves if you want to use the trophy system.

It's personally stupid tbh

forgot EDF 3 Portable (JP) too. Doesnt seem like I can reach the save data from the memory card for this one either.

I've only had it happen in cases where I'm installing a game for the first time.

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901960683939647488

Just ran into some fun with Psycho Mantis. Cutely, he tried to do his controller moving trick even though Vita has no rumble feature. More annoyingly, even though the PSone menu settings are accessible in Adrenaline, the one for selecting controller port doesn't seem to work, so you have to use the alternate method of breaking his concentration that I just found out about.

How's the MGS2&3 HD versions? I'll probably go with those when the time comes, unless they're terrible. The PS2 originals are an option otherwise.

I'd say it's pretty bleak unless 3.61 and onwards get cracked. There's also the issue of the platform having a limited number of good exclusives.

gematsu.com/2017/08/occulticnine-delayed-november-9-japan-release-physical-edition

Would recommend this game. For a VN this has some fun gameplay.
I read you can carry over your items to the second game. I'd have to give up henkaku to play it though, decisions decisions.

You have to give up Henkaku anyway for Super Robot Wars V

That game being?

Pretty bad tradeoff to be honest. At least use an already ruined system for newer games. May or may not end up doing that myself.

What in god's name is going on with those boobs?

To be fair I have a PSP for PSP games, so I don't really think of that, but yeah, if you have no other way to get to PSP games, yeah, stick with Henkaku - Z2 and the Masoukishin games alone make that worthwhile

Well PSP/PS1 games can be emulated, Vita's just conveniently portable for it. But there's also the SD card issue, the 64GB one I got around early February was already showing signs of failure. The adapters, despite their drawbacks, has so far been rock-solid, and also allow higher sizes to a point, even 128GB would be fantastic.

If they were to hypothetically release a third-gen with normal SD cards I'd probably go hackless. Luckily that soul-selling won't have a chance to happen.

shit

Yeah, again, hence why I have a PSP for the PSP games. As for space, I barely use any of mine since I use the Vita just for games and not for any of the multimedia shit they try to push, so the memory card basically exists for game save data. I agree that they should've just used SD cards for sure, just never needed much space really.

really easy game until the dream sequence, then you properly learn how to play. Real shame the story ended at 50% of where it should have only to sell a sequel. Was a good game but I felt ripped off.

Reliability notwithstanding, even the 16GB Vita SDs ones are approaching 64GB regular SDs in price. You need some space for updates/DLC and I personally have some digital games like Gravity Rush.

For now my solution is to run dumped games for my cartridges, and to hope for an SD adapter for the actual SD card slot. I believe in miracles after the one for the friggin' 3G slot.

Works for official PSN games too, too bad you can't download them at the moment. Really really wish I'd backed mine up with QCMA.

Ah, I don't even hook my Vita, or any of my gaming hardware for that matter up to the Internet at all barring the 3DS for FreeShop and I oppose the concept of DLC on philosophical grounds anyway. That whole digital thing never really took off here either, all my games are physical and I think some of them save to the cartridge, so memory usage isn't really a thing. That said, it's good to hear that people are figuring out workarounds for it, because Sony should not get away with the bullshit they pull with their proprietary format crap.

I'd have backed up Trails in the Sky FC and SC with QCMA months ago, but considering the crashing every time I was trying to play FC, I thought maybe I'd gotten some buggy PSN download and decided to delete them, and redownload and transfer them from my PS3 after having used QCMA to bypass the update check. Unfortunately for whatever reason the Vita wouldn't see that I had SC available to send for whatever reason, so I kind of fucked myself over on that front.

What's some good games that have been translated, or at least partially translated? All I know is Kancolle, that Grizaria VN and I Am Setsuna.

You mean, like fan translated, or officially released in English? Not sure there's much on the fan translation-front directly for the Vita yet, but I could be wrong.

Fan translation. Also got the PSO game or shit moving along as well, but haven't kept up with it.

Can I go straight into Toukiden 2 and still be able to follow the story without much issue?

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

Definitely. It's a hunting game. Story is not that important.

Yeah, I don't think there's been much of anything just yet, though I do know there's been some fiddling with things like replacing audio files in Persona 4 Golden (IE: Undub), and "proof of concept" script editing and model ripping with Digimon World: Next Order (which was later released in the west solely for PS4), so I suppose things might eventually progress more on that end. I mean, the Vita's still a fairly recent system, and even with the PS3 there's only been a single finished fan translation as far as I'm aware (Tales of Vesperia PS3), so it might be a matter of time to work more with it, and interest from people in bringing stuff into English. And on a related front, it would be especially nice to see Tales of Hearts R get unfucked with a fan retranslation.

Actually, I just remembered: one of the latter two games of the Neptunia Re:Birth trilogy saw it's retranslation patch for the PC ported over for use with the Vita, and I think the port of the other game's patch is still underway. But yeah, I can't think of much more that's either had an actual project in the works yet, much less completed. Again though, I could be wrong.

Trying this again because the last two times I tried, the post failed to go through.

Regarding the 3.61+ firmware update on certain games, will all games released on and after October 2016 require an update? Or do some games not? Is there a list somewhere, or will I have to guess and check?

Generally speaking, if it came out before December 2016 in physical format, it probably won't require an update.

Yeah, kind of pissed me off since I just bought Civ Rev 2 Plus and XCom through a Humble Bundle and it wouldn't let me download them. Soon as I got my SD2Vita I downloaded copies of both, but only XCom wants to play. Civ Rev 2 keeps throwing back some kind of error no matter what I try. Guess I'll have to wait for PSN to start working again.

Thank fuck I got my copy of Jet Grind Radio backed up before I made the switch. The only other legit game I'm missing is FFVIII, but I can just run my PSX copy through emulation. Piss on them.

Until then you have the option of using external dumps most of the time. I honestly expect that a way to run updated will come before another hack-around for PSN. It's a tough system but even the leaky bucket 3DS started out with mediocre flaky hacks like Gateway and rxTools.

The only PSN game I'm currently forced to use (and hoping hasn't suffered random bit rot) is AT2 because Maidumptool doesn't do it right (frequent freezes and usually can't even save) and the existing ones don't have the DLC characters.

I made that intentionally pessimistic. An easy way to check is to see if the game has been dumped or not.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/pax-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG

Actually some decent sales for once.

The sale is better this time, but there's no point if I can't download them anyways

Backup your activation files and you should be good, I think.

Fuck I don't want to give them money but I want to play.

No, PSN is presently off-limits except for playing online. Possibly also the PSP bubble downloader unless it just caches the download and activation from the first time. Whichever it is I was able to reinstall the bubble for SD2Vita.

Still, it's a good idea to back up the activation as per that thing from last thread. Also it's September, apparently TheFlow has things planned, one of those is Adrenaline without the activation requirement. Possibly more?

I cannot not read these as some kind of Touhou thing.

Shit, this actually looks promising.

How's PSO2 on Vita?

How bad is aksys?
I only played 999 and started VLR so far there's no noticable pozzing.

Can't see pozzing or shitty localization, but the game seems to freeze at random moments

Is there homebrew or something that will let me use a controller on my Vita?

Any of you niggers own a Dekavita7? Reckon it's worth shit?

I'm going with no, since it occupies the USB port. Main reason I have a PSTV in the first place is for the USB ux0 mounting. If it had more than five hours of battery life maybe I'd be able to deal with losing the USB but it doesn't so I can't.

Always SD2Vita user.

Jesus fuck why is the Mary Skelter LE so expensive. 25 dollarydoos more than the normal edition is just WOW.

I am literally lmaoing

That makes using cartridges a nuisance. I might well have considered one if it allowed USB storage but otherwise a regular Vita is better: Reasonable size, plus touchscreen for muh lewd games. Thankfully you can unblacklist all PSTVs or it'd be even worse.

I just have a battery bank for that. That's one reason I never considered getting one of the 3G models, the other being that they're hideously expensive new and I don't really want to buy used.

Also what type of storage do you use? I am likely to pick up a PSTV to do things with.

Seems about normal.

Are Vita owners the most JUST fanbase of this gen? At least the Wii U had a few good EXCLUSIVE games.

This one, it's inexpensive and has a nice low profile. I have the 32GB one but there's also a 64GB one.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/

Dungeon Travelers 2-2
Demon Gaze 1 and 2
Caligula
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
The Foreigner of the City of Swords - The Black Palace
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
Uppers
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta
Omega Labyrinth

And this isn't counting games which are definitive versions of older titles, like Oboromuramasa or the Disgaea titles, or games which are technically multiplat due to getting ported to the PS4 but effectively still exclusive, like Super Robot Wars V or Ys 8. The Vita was no 3DS, but it easily blew the other three 8th gen consoles out of the water.

I don't even think Uppers was considered that good. After the demo came out it didn't sell well what so ever. Also you're responding to (1) and gone.

Adrenaline can now be installed without activation of any sort! Suffice to say, the bubble installer and easy installer are obsoleted.

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline

Existing users should rename/delete the ux0:adrenaline folder (settings will be lost but not saves and games) and delete the old bubble before installing. As per the readme I had to add that entry to my taiHEN config as well, it was not optional. That's probably to do with the SD2Vita.

I wouldn't consider VD good either, lewd aside. Never got much into the dungeon crawlers either but that's probably me being a fag.

twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905061709215186944

Out of curiosity, it was just the native North American print with a limited-only run, right? I mean, can HeavyArm be expected to get more of the Chinese-English version in?
Not Vita related, but it reminds me of how one of the last (for a good while) local independent game stores where I live got fucked out of getting any CEs for Skyward Sword in when that game came out, despite having numerous preorders for it (the reasoning essentially being "you're too small to be worth shipping any to, fuck right off"). And that was a case where the CE was actually useful to gameplay due to the inbuilt Motion-Plus, hence a bit reason why people were willing to drop more than on the base game. That store closed down soon after.

They do limited print runs, but unlike nintendo or anyone else, they just keep on reprinting the game.

So, they can keep putting out copies of Ys Origin there? I just notice that their post merely said it arrived, not that it was stocked. I didn't see it on their site either, so it had me thinking maybe they might have only gotten that one shipment, and that it might have been preorder only or something.

Depending on the people in Aksys controlling the localizations, the game gets slightly fucked. They're mediocre overall.

For a second I was thinking "XSEED?" but then remembered that Falcom's been looking elsewhere lately.

At least Aksys still did a good job with Muramasa Rebirth and Genroku Legends, but they might have felt forced that they had to, given Ignition's Wii script already had a lackluster reputation.

The "thank god, i can (((fix))) this" guy you often see posted worked for them and still does freelance for them even now, i think.

They've also gone so far as to remove half of a game's content, so they can sell it back to you later.

That theme is cute as fuck.
Any real benefit of upgrading for those on 5.1?

It gets lewder as you go further down the list, as do the games.
Changelog says nothing major, but you may as well do it.

This week deals. Bamco sale

Pretty much, but they're sneaky about it. They don't announce when the reprints happen, they just do it and they typically sell out quick, but really it's just a matter of being patient. At least, that's how it typically is, no idea about this game, i know the kikes at Limited Run Games aren't happy that this thing exists, so who knows.

Vita vidya news

gematsu.com/2017/09/steamworld-dig-2-ps4-ps-vita-launches-september-26-north-america-september-27-europe

gematsu.com/2017/09/steinsgate-elite-launches-ps4-ps-vita-spring-2018-japan

gematsu.com/2017/09/wrong-try-pick-girls-dungeon-infinite-combate-launches-ps4-ps-vita-spring-2018-japan

gematsu.com/2017/09/bullet-girls-phantasia-announced-ps4-ps-vita

gematsu.com/2017/09/katahane-grisaia-phantom-trigger-vol-12-coming-ps-vita-winter-japan

Hell yeah. Too bad I can't spend 3 dollars on PSN.

I'm not sure I understand. Is that version a limited edition?

From the look of things, it's just a regular print they got in, with the distributor for the Limited Edition having bailed on them sometime prior.

Guys..

twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905450962210365441

I think I'd rather get SRWV if I'm going to be spending that much. That's cool, though.

SRW V is always the correct answer.

False Alarm. No eng subs
twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905718968010162176

Not that I expect many people to be in the same situation I was, but if any of you have a CE of P4:DAN that you're not going to sell and haven't redeemed the code for the DLC, you have until the 29th to redeem it.

pastebin.com/ELptKruf

Flows new surprise.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Project Diva games? Which one is the best?

f has the best songs, next is f2nd.
x is the meh of the three

Sweet Jesus! I hope this ties into PSN being cracked again because there will be a need to re-dump everything. Also wondering if it'll be enough for a proper preservation-focused community to spin up like there is for PSP.

Subs typically don't take a lot of space. It's only dubs that are a problem, and especially the ones that come with Japanese language optional (looking at you UDG).

This should get integrated into Henkaku. It's great news, since now all those random titles that didn't work will be playable. Hell, we might even see greater sales numbers. I'm still curious as to how this will work with mods and DLC, though.

Those are in ux0:addcont and will presumably be copied in the same way.
Probably not so straightforward, since the games are stored encrypted. Dumped games are not.

Also what I'm intrigued by is that apparently game cartridges will be copyable, and that hopefully means through VitaShell, so even if I can't use my SD adapter at the same time I won't have to dump it to a crappy SD card.

Anyway all will be revealed eventually and I'm hopeful for an end to mediocre game dumping.

Thanks a lot. I ordered f 2nd. I would have bought f, except its digital only.

Has Danganronpa 2 ever gotten a price drop?

Remember It's a rythm game so no need to read lot of Jap if you want to get a JP copy of the first game. I think both complement each other.

At this point, I'm just hoping that someone dumps Nobunaga's Ambition. A working Akiba's Trip dump would be nice as well. Gundam Breaker 3 would probably become active again once the update were available.

I need to pick up Breaker 3 again, I left off right around when Knight Gundam rejoined with his upgrades.

Is it any good?

It's okay, but there are better dungeon crawlers.

like what?

dt2 and dt2-2 :^)

What about DT1?

didnt play dat. Idk

Anyone know when Rabi Ribi physical is being released?

JP only. To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers never came here and was an eroge.

Yes, and?

No it wasn't. The game it was based on was an eroge, but Dungeon Travelers itself wasn't an eroge, it was on the PSP and Vita.

I'm embarrassed I couldn't figure out such an obvious solution. I played the PSP Project Diva games no problem. Well, I'm going to order f too then. Thanks a lot.

Thanks, I'll stop supporting them and just buy the game in the original language once I am proficient enough to play them.

CAN'T

Watch me I'm gonna become お雇い外国人, even though I'm a century late (^:

Help. I can't load World of Final Fantasy or Tearaway with rincheat enabled.

How do I disable rincheat without outright deleting it?

I've tried holder L / R / L and R on load and they still crashes with c-12828-1

I tried editing game.txt and changing the value from 1 to 0 or commenting out the line but rincheat is still loaded after rebooting.

I even renamed rincheat.suprx to rincheat.suprx.a and the plugin still runs. wtf?

Picked up a used copy of Rayman Origins today. Just happened to be at the local game shop along with a few AAA randoms. Also given NoNpDRM I might consider a bigger SD card. Obviously there's a limit to how big, 256GB seems safe, but were there any ban risks using >64GB storage?

If you moved the plugin it should be not loading, and your problem won't be related.

wololo.net/2016/07/30/henkaku-fix-error-c2-12828-1/

I renamed the plugin and pressing start and select STILL brings the rincheat menu up.

I just tried moving the file itself into a new "new folder" subfolder and tearaway and WOFF loaded no problem.

I picked up one of those Japanese cases with the L2 and R2 buttons for my 1000 and I'm happy I bit the bullet. It works well with PS1 games.

Good evening faggots, mysister has a vita and likes animu. Recommend me the best animu game to buy her and Ill show myself out since I know absolutely nothing about either of them except years old rumors that vita is shit and has no games and animu is for prancing homos.

Fuck your sister instead.

Kill yourself you miserable faggot nigger

Dragon's Crown
It has a sorceress with huuuge tits, 10/10 alpha chads male characters with chests like fridges and muscles as if carved from granite and absolutely beautiful artwork all around guaranteed to be an enjoyable experience for anyone who doesn't have a terminally shit taste in everything.
There's also cooking mechanic later in the game.

Sounds perfect, thank you

There are two Sword Art Online games for the system. Get the more recent one.

Best animu game? Super Robot Wars V, but it's not for prancing homos, so you probably shouldn't get it.

How do those buttons work? What are they mapped to?

Things that feel up the back touchpad. Keeping track of those sweet spots while you're busy touching the rest of her is pretty awkward.

Well there's your solution. Honestly though that plugin sounds buggy and hasn't been maintained for ages. You may want to skip it. Even someone like me who likes to fiddle with things has his limits.

7/10 description for not mentioning amazon and elf. Otherwise 10/10.

She went to her room with the game and I haven't heard of her in the past four hours. I think it was a good choice. Thanks again.

SAO:HollowFragment is not a bad choice, aside of being a >SAO game and its funny engrish translation
Are you pirating? If not there are some games on sale

Are Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate and Sengoku Musou 4 (the original title) good games for the Vita? The jap versions are currently cheap to get second-handed.

Toukiden is HUGE on story, what are you talking about?

Yeah, that's not an issue since it takes place some years later in another area of the world with a whole different cast.

Also, Prof.Best Girl. No exceptions.

Have you learned nothing from the VN threads?

Give me some Christmas cakes and I might go for it. That said, I'd prefer if it was a mare schizophrenic combination of humor and grim realism.

It does have a story but it's nothing worth caring about. I couldn't bring myself to care about most of it. Most of it was pretty predictable but they didn't half ass it either. It's just forgettable and not having it wouldn't have effected my opinion of the game. I'm glad that every weapon was fun to use but I think the Club could use a little more tweaking to make it less stale. Some of the monsters could be a little more aggressive too.

Professor is best girl. But the shrine loli is cute too. It was a fun game overall and I'm glad I had a friend to play it with locally. He used whip and a build to make him stay in the air for ages on end. Meanwhile I used dual daggers with a build to deal as much damage as possible by sacrificing health. With the right conditions, I will remove 2 or more limbs just by spinning.

Nothing new but fun is being had. I am also far more hopeful for the future of hacks with the recent announcements. With luck PSN will be subverted again too.

If there's one thing I've learned to accept with fanservice-heavy games, it's disappointment. Cheap visuals, bad coding, mediocre or terrible gameplay, all of the above? Occasionally yearning for what could've been if it an idea had been developed properly. FPS where girls blast the clothes off each other would be one of those.

Things that never happened, but very much need to, the post.

sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/adrbubblebooter/vpkedition

This is the first version of Adrenaline bubble booter to actually work for me. the GUI is shit for customization because of bugs but if you resize and compress all the images yourself before packing the vpk everything ends up looking pretty nice.

Also can anyone tell me if the vita ports of darkest dungeon and Ys orgin are any good? I wanna pick them up soon.

From what I've heard, Darkest Dungeon runs fine, and Ys Origin had performance issues at first, but it was largely fixed with a patch. The patch is somewhere around 1.2GB, though. At some point, I'll have the Asian/English version, so I'd be able to give feedback on that.

non-western non-indie action-oriented games with RPG elements (and/or straight up Action RPGs) that aren't Muramasa or Odin Sphere released on the Vita in the past two years

ARE THERE ANY?

13 Sentinels NEVER.

Closest thing I can think of is Gundam Breaker 3 from last year, but that's less traditional RPG and more "level up various parts you use to custom build a machine"

What about PS4?

The only thing PS4 gets is ports of Vita games, so no.

This week deals on PSN are GalGun and Root Letter below 9dollarydoos.

I'm guessing most of you probably already have these games, but here's a PSN code

At this point I might as well just import the Japanese versions

Seems to be taken. What was it?

The Arland games already saw a permanently marked down bundle if memory serves. Not sure they're going to mark it down further than "three for the price of two", and even the prior individual sales I can't recall them being all that much lower than that.

Checking a price tracker site it seems like it was on sale for $32, which is cheaper than just one of the games

Vita port of darkest dungeon is NOT good because there is not enough screen space on vita for the game (and font size for reading is tiny).
Better on PC/PS4 (or maybe a large tablet?)

Hmm, you sure that was for the bundle, or just an individual mark down? Lowest I saw them going for was maybe $24 each at one point, which at $72 total for all three was just below the $80 they ask for the bundled purchase.

Regardless, TK seems to enjoy having full control of the price of Gust's Vita offerings, between most not having preowned physical copies to compete with in prices out here, and the ones that did being limited print to begin with (and in which that standard $40 digital version price is liable to become that much cheaper as time passes).

I disagree. Combat is shallow. The dating aspect is rage inducing (grind forever and not even a kiss on the lips?) The whole game feels like a chore.

it was the bundle that came with the PS TV, I had two of them because I wanted a 3.60 FW one

Has anyone noticed how shit adrenaline is with PSX games? I set it to 333 and the psp games run fine, but the PSX games run like absolute dogshit. In particular, I loaded up Crash Team Racing and it was horrendous, hopped over to mednafen and it runs perfect. All the info I can find on it is for old adrenaline versions like 3 and 4 and it's starting to drive me mental.

Has anyone noticed how shit adrenaline is with PSX games? I set it to 333 and the psp games run fine, but the PSX games run like absolute dogshit. In particular, I loaded up Crash Team Racing and it was horrendous, hopped over to mednafen and it runs perfect. All the info I can find on it is for old adrenaline versions like 3 and 4 and it's starting to drive me mental.

operationrainfall.com/2017/09/13/interview-mary-skelter-nightmares/

Anyone have experience with the L2/R2 grips? There's a Hori and one from Joetsu and Play Asia for the 2000 model.

Extremely dry and standard interview.

NoNpDRM is out: github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/releases

That announcement needed much more energy, and perhaps a super-excited or drooling anime girl.

Anyway I'll get to backing up my PSN games. The cartridges w/ DLC will probably mean digging out my old Vita SD card. Finally I'll be purging my Vita, PSN at this point is kind of disposable.

It can only be as good as whatever Sony uses for PSP and PSone games since it's just a loader. I haven't tried a lot of PSone games myself.
- Worms Armageddon/World Party (likes to freeze randomly)
- MGS Integral and Future Cop LAPD (officially sold, works of course)
- Threads of Fate (haven't completed, seems to work)
You could also try PCSX-Rearmed core in RetroArch but it's a touch below max speed with Future Cop last I checked. Maybe with frameskip it'll work.

I'll work on that next time. I bought CTR on the PSP back when and it ran fine on that, I think Adrenaline is just fucked. All my PSX games are running a little sloppy.

Also, for reference - there might be yet another format coming out shortly: gist.github.com/yifanlu/d546e687f751f951b1109ffc8dd8d903

Just tried the game copying with Ultra Despair Girls since I have the DLC and bubble on an SD adapter, but it's unplayable since it's a cartridge game. Still worked when I copied it over and "installed". I'll suffer through the game again to check anyway.

The hackish alternatives will be needed for game modifications, but I'm ecstatic if we can get something clean for official games at least. Also something verifiable since that's something Mai dumps don't have, aside from not working with some games.

based on what I've seen, if the .psv format comes out in a readable format it will render nonpdrm invalid almost instantly. nonpdrm already uses encrypted data so it's not useful for modifications, .psv would simply be putting that into a file instead of into the folder format nonpdrm seems to use, meaning it's better for keeping a database of. Also, I really need people to look at this, have you had good luck with psx games? I'll upload my CTR eboot so people can try it in adrenaline, if it's just adrenaline being a dud then I can feel comfortable but until then it's driving me insane.

Here's the eboot:
mega.nz/#!HxcGSKiZ!EO7xrJ7DUX4kRe95ZHcQOX22m5LaNftwxhblk6tl2wg

Presently migrating everything to a 200GB SD card, cartridges included. Found that the exfat-nofuse module for USB is not reliable, 300-400MB into copying it throws an I/O error, so I'm just doing my carts with FTP. It'll be pretty irrelevant when I can just copy to the SD card in future.

Also found there's stealth marketing camwhores on PSN, seems like slim pickings to chase Vita gamers if you ask me.

I don't know the ins and outs of the DRM system but I suspect that the games have to be unmodified for the fake licensing stuff to work. I also expect NoNpDrm preserves everything you'd need for .psv it's just an awkward way to handle games since you have to copy stuff around.

I'll try that when I'm done with my stuff.

I should get around to installing this. I'm hoping I can get DLC working with cartridges. That'd be great. Not looking forward to downloading new dumps, though.

Well I can at least start almost all my games, cartridge copies included. Checked SK:BA, Muramasa, and AT:UU for DLC loading and they do. Haven't checked DT2's yet, what little there was. The one game I couldn't start was Touch my Katamari (please insert game card error) but I think that was an error on my part, too late though it's deleted. Updating wasn't working initially but after rebooting it's happy, it's probably just slow PSN/Internet.

Naturally I'll be trying this in much more detail over time, and adding it to the paste along with the new Adrenaline process or lack of. Also

.psv would be holding everything in one files instead of folders, which is less to copy around. Also, it seems nonpdrm only really serves to check the eboot file because undubs are coming out with it anyways.

I'm using USB on the PSTV. I tried two flash drives and internal storage with no dice. I'm using "original" mode so it shouldn't have anything to do with the scaling.

What's the bottom line of NoNPDRM?
Lossless dumping of games (less bugs)?
Able to install updates from live area even with hacked vita?

How do I go about getting games I paid for off PSN so I can try dumping them?
I don't have a spare non-hacked vita, but I do have a spare non-hacked ps3.

that's pretty much it, yes. If you haven't already activated your vita with the PSN servers you can't run any PSN games you own, including ones transferred from PS3. Unless you had your account tied to it before July you're pretty much sitting on nothing.

I still don't understand the situation with downloading from PSN. Is it safe as long as you backed up your activation files, or is it a wait for an update situation?

if you backed up your activation files from a vita that was already activated, you can use those to activate your vita. If you didn't have one already, then you have to wait for a solution in henkaku, or a new exploit on 3.65.

It's vastly better than Mai and Vitamin in 99% of situations. That's what you need to know. Speaking of which, NoNpDrm games are starting to appear. I can probably contribute too, but I believe Mega has upload limits. It'll be slow too on my connection. Other ideas area welcome.

Red is already on r/VitaPiracy so all I'll do is try to validate them. Blue are from PSN, unfortunately they were also on a failing SD card so it's possible they have rotted. Not-blue is a cartridge rip. All games are EU.
- DT2 has DLC of some sort. Censorednese.
- AT:UU includes all DLC.
- SK:BA includes partial DLC for the other 2 main groups, but not the 2 other characters. EU version is censored though.
- GGDP is a Mai dump. It includes a few DLC pieces though. Patch install fails but seems to work anyway.
- Muramasa Rebirth includes all DLC.

Not sure. It's always sucky when you can't reproduce an issue.

You cannot download from PSN unless you're running latest. Don't update though. You can still run games downloaded as long as you keep your activation.

Fucked up the picture my bad.

if you start up a torrent, it'll take a while to fully upload but once you get the ball rolling people can carry it for a while. Also, the first test version of PSVgamesd is out, but I'd sit on it for a while, I think there's more testing and polishing to be done (sd2vita won't be working with it until next update): github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd

What hunting game do I play after Toukiden 2? The things I liked about it was the fast paced combat, twin knives aerial combat and the large amount of customization through mitamas.
What I didn't like was the claw since it gives free mobility to slow weapons and how forgiving the game is they didn't really expect you to learn the enemies their moveset not even on expert.
Does God Eater sound up my alley?

mobile.twitter.com/CelesteBlue123/status/909390961477849089

How trustworthy?

They wrote the Adrenaline eBubble installer and I think they've contributed to taihen, so pretty trustworthy. That's not a nobody, at least.

I didn't expect that to be so quick, but the question remains whether you can dump cartridges to something external, I really don't trust my official SD card. Obviously I'll have to wait until it can be done to SD2Vita, not even sure why that's a limitation right now.
My upload is around 100KB/s at best, plus I don't know how much interest there would be in the full thing. If it'll work I can definitely set one up.

Trustable and fantastic news, since it means I can redownload clean copies of my games. I'll do a full purge for sure before starting, that also adds Gravity Rush, and I'll have another go at Touch my Katamari too.

I feel your pain. I discovered that thing 1 day too late.

And why aren't the chinks cloning it? They think too few people have 3g Vita's?

Speak of the devil

twitter.com/SphereSolid/status/908398623645302784

it can't read from sd2vita right now because that sits in the cart slot and it emulates all of the cart drm to work. You won't be able to dump carts ever with an sd2vita in because it takes up the slot. He hopes to have sd2vita support for the virtual mounting next update though.

Holy fuck yes!

Obviously you can't dump cartridges with an SD2Vita but that's why I'm hoping they'll have some way to do them to an external device (FTP, USB on PSTV, something not a stupidly expensive and flaky Vita SD). I still don't get why SD2Vita can't be used for dumping PSN games when the things seem pretty seamless otherwise. It's literally just a storage device mounted to ux0:

Well, they are rare, and pretty hard to find at versions you can use it with. What little new ones exist will scalp you.

Is the Playstation TV a good choice if I want to play Vita games isos at home? I hear the graphics quality isn't top notch and not even all games are compatible.

The local gamestop sells them pre-owned at 30 bucks.

it's 720p/1080i out but yes they're very good. If you get one brand new it's guaranteed to come on the right version, and you can install a thing to turn off the game blacklist. I'd be careful buying used though, if it's higher than version 3.60 then it may as well be trash. PSTV is great because you can use usb drives as memory cards instead of having to pay for memory cards.

Currently grinding my girls to level 30 in Dungeon Travelers 2 and I remember reading how for offensive magic users, it is not worth raising elemental skills past level 1. Is this correct? Should I at least get one level on all elements and should I bother with MU skills if I plan to go Witch?

Once you get Witch, you should restat your skills so you're not using the MU or Sorceress offensive spells, since they're much less effective than the Witch versions (low power single target and line aoe versus high power single target and mass aoe). What you read about not levelling up elemental spells was probably referring to the fact that levelling Loose Spirit should take priority over additional points into offensive spells.

At my current point of the game, I can only level reset at highest to 15. I am guessing later on there will be a level 30 reset? Having to grind a Sorceress to Witch with no offensive spells sounds painful.

Yes, level reset milestones are 15, 30, 50, and 90.

PCfag here, thinking of buying a Vita, mostly for SRW but also anything by Vanillaware before it gets ported to the PC and Gundam.

How pirate friendly is it?
Do you still have to keep older firmware versions to hack it?
Any other personal game recommendations would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Oh yeah, are the SanDisks still stupidly expensive?

need to delete and reinstall the bubble. After that it should work happily.
I'm confused by this, does this mean that to make Adrenaline work on SD2Vita, it requires some extra steps? I take it I can't just have my 64GB memory stick be for primarily Adrenaline games, and have my 128GB MicroSD be for Vita games?

vita is stupid.

Read paste. It answers all of that. The only things that are wrong at the moment are Adrenaline (install process is wrong, no need for PSN), NoNpDrm/PSVgamesd to replace existing pirating methods, and that PSN should soon be cracked again. I'll be updating that when the dust settles.

I found it to be so. Without loading the module explicitly it would just exit immediately, loading it twice didn't work like it's supposed to. Note that the module path is wrong right now, current versions are at ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
No you can still do that. Check Adrenaline's settings for what it is using, it'll default to ux0:pspemu

So I have to redownload and reinstall games again, then?

Not compulsory but advised. Any new game should be installed in the new format where possible. I'll be leaving the old methods in though since it'll take time to get a new set of games.

What's faster, FTP or USB transfer?

I don't know why I still have any hope left

Sony has been doing this for years. I'm personally happy that the Vita is winding down because I'm sick of being treated as a second class customer.

The one thing that pisses me off about it is that they squandered the potential the Vita had.

They could have made a Vita Pro or something to fix the shortcomings of the original like using MircoSD, a 1920x1080 screen, bump up the clockspeed, add L2/R2/Clickable thumbsticks and market it as a portable system and companion device to the PS4 for the more serious gamer.

But no, instead they rather waste money on the VR fad and let Nintendo continue to have their monopoly on the dedicated handheld market.

For large files? USB
For lots of small files? FTP

WEW at least it got hacked the fuck up so it works for emulation

Fug :DDD

gist.github.com/yifanlu/bcc8ebb102704ae136c650a912c6f70c

That also answered my question from earlier, it just plain doesn't support PSN games. Yet…

mobile.twitter.com/MonsieurSushi/status/910139685627887622/photo/1

Also games coming up that I won't be able to play, at least not yet (fingers crossed). Sorry if most of my chatter is hacks but that's part of the reason, along with mostly playing stupid stuff or stuff that's been talked to death.

Third option: Power off, take SD card out if you're using an adapter.

You some kind of gay?

It's a shitposter from SA, just report and ignore.

ARE YOU FUCKING NIGGERING ME

make sure you have the plugin installed.

You mean NoNpDRM itself? Yeah, it's in /tai/ and there's a line for it in config.txt.

make sure it's installed as a Kernel plugin and reboot before you try it.

The problem was that I copied too many files at once and that fucked up the database.
Goddammit.

I bought a second hand Vita around 90 bucks to play the newer games. I even lucked out since there was a 32 GB memory card left inside.

My 3.60 3G Vita is actually gathering dust until i can get my hands on pic related.

Thanks mang

Well I just did the full purge of mine, all it has right now is some music, a few homebrews, custom theme, and Adrenaline, I've still got my activation and original games in case but I'm hoping to replace them with clean PSN copies. Also it turns out that you only need that config line to avoid the double-loading, or if you want to run Adrenaline without unsafe homebrew enabled, not sure why I thought it was necessary for SD2Vita. It's still not a bad idea to include it.

You gonna be one of those people with a system full of games that you never play?

Jealousy.

Did they implement a new patch today? I was playing online all week with the PSN spoofer and today it keeps asking me to update.

I got my 3g model for 20$ from a guy who thought it was dead.
He didn't know you have to let it charge for half an hour before it starts if the battery has been empty for a while.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/mary-skelter-nightmares-dengeki-original-theme/cid=UP0031-PCSE01014_00-ADDCONTENTDLC006

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/mary-skelter-nightmares-original-theme/cid=UP0031-PCSE01014_00-ADDCONTENTDLC010

You're goddamn right.

I've got Mary Skelter coming in the mail any minute now. How do I play it on my 3.60 vita without updating?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I don't much touch my vita or frequent this thread.

What part of that was unclear?

Well more power to you if you like futzing with stuff but I do do it so I can play games and squeeze more functionality out of my systems.

Surely there's a workaround though, right? That's really what I'm asking. I mean, there's no way that it's entirely impossible.

No there isn't. That's why it's right at the top of the list. Trust me, when something for later systems or games is found there will be explosions of happiness throughout the Vita community.

I don't know if anyone can answer this but can I play Omega Labyrinth on PSTV?

Please respond. I know this is a niche genre that 90% of you don't give a shit about, I just want to reach the 10% that does.

Man wattafuk. Why does the vita have so much wrong going for it despite bretty gud games.

I can at least play it on the PSTV, right? I bought that piece of shit for posterities sake 999999999999 years ago and never touched it once. Tell me my 20 quids will finally be useful, please.

Wouldn't Dragons Crown fit your autismo criteria?

Try out Tales of Hearts R. Bad translation but still playable.

I have my limits.

No.

For clarification, I played Tales of Hearts R and the random battles just turned me off so hard I couldn't continue. I got past the sand worm boss, that's the last thing I remember before I finally got fed up and had to put it down for good.

Send me all dungeon crawlers

Currently stuck between continuing Ar Nosurge Plus those crafting songs are kinda neat, finishing up Demon Gaze or starting up Class of Heroes 2

Nothing atm

Personal request: Please don't update any Vitas or PSTVs to past 3.60. It is pretty unlikely there will be a new hack on par with HENkaku and they are finite, new system manufacture is 3.61. Besides what few games you lose is made up for in spades by the SD card replacements and Adrenaline, and everything else you can do with the hacks.

If your PSTV happens to be running 3.61 or more, then thankfully one of the hacks you can do is to remove the PSTV blacklisting. As long as it doesn't need any Vita-only features to make progress, which I cannot say.

That game is the only reason I have to pick up my 3DS again.

Did they finally add the real soundtrack, or is it still that orchestrated crap?

If you're talking about the one thats sort of like the old games then its a DLC that you can buy off the eshop. Not sure if its going to be free or if they're going to charge any money for it but it's definitely going to be there

Here's a follow up to that answer with the FM version of labyrinth 1

Wait, I'm confused. Is it out already, or not yet?

The game and the FM synthesis album aren't on sale yet but once the game comes out in October than you can buy both off the eshop.

What are you talking about? The game came out last August, I have it right here.

I dont have a proper enough image to convery how jealous I am right now. I'm guessing you're on that JP version. How is it?

It's pretty damn good, I stopped around the second area because I heard they were releasing a patch to fix the soundtrack and ended up getting distracted by other games in the meantime, so I need to get back on it. Great game, I heartily recommend it.

I didn't realise the demo for the game was out until you mentioned you were playing it. So far so good, you can make some neat class combos and im having a bit of fun

It was really good, I'll have to jump back on it once I finish Dragon Quest 11

Hey we're at bump limit. Just playing AM2R, port seems stable except for the menu delay, and also some Rockman 4 Minus Infinity while I wait for the new game copying and PSN. Feeling a bit betrayed about the new Gal*Gun but I'll be picking up a Switch or PS4 at some point, whichever gets hacked enough first. Decided against Gun Gun Pixies after seeing that guy's review of it. Not looking forward to a lot else.

Also in-progress pasta for new thread just to remove stale info and note upcoming changes, if nothing new happens by new thread.

pastebin.com/u7YpQWUZ

FLASH SALE

Also someone bake new bread on pg13

I'd do it but I'm about to go to sleep so someone else will probably have to. As always, suggest an OP picture. Will archive the thread after posting.

The Arland+ trilogy is finally on sale again. With I'm considering buying it right now. The translation isn't fucked, is it?

The translation is ok aside of the Esty Dee stupid joke NISA did in Atelier Rorona.

There is no such thing as a non-fucked translation.