MapleStory

Why do most popular MMOs have a dozen clones, but no one bothers making a similar game to MS? As p2w as it was, I enjoyed the party quests and playing with the skills we had. The grind wasn't even so bad if you had people to party with.

Private servers alleviate the p2w aspect at least, but it's just not the same. Anyone else miss playing this game back in the day with the friends they made?

Other urls found in this thread:

slimetales.net/?base=main
forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/slimetales-comprehensive-features-list.196/
forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/slimetales-installation-guide.311/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it's shit

I always find myself coming back to this game for some reason, nothing really beats its comfy atmosphere

I think it's the music. This game has so many problems but I can't stop playing it. There's also not much else for 2D MMOs.

im gonna jump to a better timeline through the morphogenetic field. this one is terrible.

A few months ago someone shilled a “nostalgia” private server called SlimeTales using a kms v65 base rather than a gms one. We’re still alive and looking for more players who want to join us. Servers a 4x exp rate, 1x drop rate, and 2x meso rate with a 6x quest exp rate. The server is basically fully translated into English from gook with a few gook text left over but nothing that hinders gameplay. The servers seeing an update rate of about 1 week to 2 weeks as more areas are being added with the next major ones being Neo Tokyo (Mush kingdom, KCS, Chyse, and VLC have already been implemented). We’ve got 4 of the top 5 players on the server in the guild with 2 of them being level 200 already. We’re the only guild that actively runs HT and Von Leon. Lastly we've maintained a solid relationship with the developers where they've listened to and have implemented many of the changes we've suggested.

slimetales.net/?base=main is the website for the server

forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/slimetales-comprehensive-features-list.196/
That’s the custom features on the server most notably cores used to enhance gear giving stats and peridots which eliminate the need for hp and mp washing.

forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/slimetales-installation-guide.311/
Theres the installation guide, once you get in message Silv or Particles and we’ll hook you up.

Why KMS? More content?

Apparently its supposed to be more stable, I can't affirm that though I can say that I haven't crashed, that Nvidia goy shit where you dc at bosses if you don't reset graphics settings is still there.

Fucking chodemonkey.

There was Dragonica, it was an almost 3D MapleStory clone with instanced dungeons and cool boss fights. The combat was very combo based so you had to be gud.

It went immediately P2W and died.

I was going to comment about the low players, but it looks like a lot of private servers are losing players. Royals says it has over 1k players online still, but I doubt that considering how empty it is. (That and the exploits that fucked it over recently.)
Might try it out later tonight.

Yea that's been a problem for all servers, Destiny's even worse than slime according to a player who logged in a while back. Luckily you can basically be self/guild efficient on this one considering all the big (so far) end game items are crafted by hunting down materials.

The player count should go up once more areas get added in especially never before seen shit like theme park.

It's peaked at 130+, but there was a lull in development for a while so many stopped playing for now, it gets peaks of 80-90 still when there's updates. It's a really fun and pretty unique server, I recommend giving it a shot.

Just search for "sidescrolling MMO~ and you'll find about a hundred MapleStory clones.

Alright cool. Is washing still required for this server? I noticed some skills got buffed which looks nice. Washing was nice on Royals in that I could make money from selling AP resets, but actually playing a DPS class was a pain because of it.

0 HP washing required, they buffed up the hp and mp gained per level and peridots give you 100 hp per 10 peridots. I had 30k hp with hb as a Drk right at lvl 155ish. Our nightlord has a good amount of HP too so none of that gay base int and int gear bullshit. You don't even have to make a mage to fund yourself on this server either.

Wonderking was a mapleclone that was better than maple.
Shame it died forever and is never coming back

Nobody remembers this fucker?

Yeah, I remember playing with 1000 ping.

For some reason, I never managed to get this to work on my old computer. Tried private for a bit, but didn't really get me hooked for whatever reason.

Latale consumed a couple thousand hours of my life when it came out. It was p2w as fuck, but it was fucking fun.
It was going downhill the moment it released, but those first few months of it were the best if the lag didn't make you want to hang yourself.
There was a private server, but it shut down a couple years ago, I think because people stopped playing it.

Not really related, but have any mabinogi private servers happened?
Seriously I want to play it but fucked if I'm dealing with Nexon anymore.

3d is the real thing that ruined video games.
MMOs are generally shit, but fuck, when they were 2d (mapplestory, ragnarok, ultima online) - they at least had some soul.

Ragnarok had both 3D and 2D assets.
The real thing that ruined MMOs are questlines, fixed spawn locations and instanced content.
Target based combat was a creative way to optimally use the shitty internet back then, but nowadays it lives on as a cancerous meme ruining the genre even more.

Aside from the maps, the only 3d assets were WoE guardians (which is why they looked so out of place).

Don't forget some particles and special effects too. I think shot arrows were small 3D models too.

I remember this game being a bitch to run a PS for. I could never get it running. Am I retarded, or was it always difficult?

Maplestory is a clusterfuck of code, where half the shit is handled client side, which is why it's so rife with exploits. Plus database handling is a joke and just everything is awful.

For such a garbage game that isn't even complex in any way, Nexon dropped the ball on any sensible attempt at coding.

different user and not a huge fan of vinny, but what do you find funny?

Not sure, never really had any issues here and been playing pservers since Odin. Most of the new pservers have come a long way now, no lag, no crashing, not difficult to set up.

It's just you m8, for slimetales you just have to download the files and use either the locale emulator or change ur locale to gookland.

oh no
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

I think he meant running his own PS.

are there any good mmorpgs left?

There where a couple but they couldn't stand up to MS and died very quickly.

That aren't private servers? No.