Why is it called New Donk City?

Why is it called New Donk City?
Is it because of Donkey Kong? Why would they call their city like the ape that attacked it?
Does it mean they changed the name after Donkey Kong fucked around?

This doesn't make any sense

Because they are the eternal nip and do not want to run into trademarking with New Yid City.

That was Donkey Kong's grandpa, not DK himself.
If anything I bet he'll show up as an ally or something. Or DK and Pauline are fucking.

What's that, you want to put a banging donk on it?

Damn, you beat me to it.

This only makes me think of slippery space stations and the eternal embrace of vacuum.

Yeah but DK's grandpa was called Donkey Kong when he was young

After the original Donkey Kong was defeated, he became nice (but cranky) and managed to sire a line of nice gorillas that wear ties and collect bananas and shit. This so impressed the once-oppressed people that they renamed their city New Donk City to immortalize the way Donkey Kong had turned over a New Leaf sick reference bro

Yeah but Donkey Kong III is a cool dude and no one's bothered by him being around so eh, fuck it

King Kong is not canon in the Mario universe.

It's called New Donk City because it's a kingdom themed after Donkey Kong. Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game is the mayor.

But Donkey Kong was the villain of the original game, who would name their city after a villain?

And even then, I'm fairly sure the city is supposed to be the place where the original game was set in, it's not themed after it

at least thats how i think about it

What if the monkey was named after the city

Perhaps Pauline named it after him. Because deep down she actually loves being kidnapped and loves his massive kong dong

Because it's filled with Kongs?

Would make Reverend Al happy.

Mario was the villain in the second game of the original Donkey Kong games. Should he have his accomplishments stricken from the record for the stuff he did serving the Mushroom Kingdom because of his criminal past?

He was kidnapped because he was a dick, you're rescuing a villain

Appealing to 90's black culture maybe?

Big-City and Big Ape City were both previous locations in different games, I think New Donk is just a way of tying the two together. There's also an underground power plant which hasn't been shown off yet, but I'd assume it's based on Mario Bros. Arcade

She developed Stockholm Syndrome.

This makes more sense, like "The kong of donkey" or something like that.

OP, do you really care about the "lore" and "logic" of a fucking Mario game?

what the fuick is this shit?

GTA 3 with Marios

BRAVO SHINTENDO

BRAVO

Except it doesn't just take place in one city you idiot.

This is ridonkuless.

What are you some kind of fucking casual

The implication that New Donk City might be the place where the original games took place means that at some point after the arcade game, Mario was cast away to another planet.
This means that he didn't dump pauline, but he had no way to get back to her until the events of Super Mario Galaxy, where Toads finally discovered space travel.

Deepest FUCKING lore

Its called Donk because Yoshi has YHUUUUUUGE ass!

same planet

Unless I'm fucking blind the Mushroom kingdom isn't on that map

To commemorate victory over an enemy maybe? What I want to know is, where is Brooklyn?

Top part, next to Cap Kingdom

I dunno man, there'd be a name on it or something

Not every kingdom has a name yet, only the ones that have been revealed in trailers so far

We also know the Mushroom Kingdom will be in-game since it was shown as a sticker on the Odyssey ship

The lore deepens

There are people in Russia who have been petitioning to change St. Petersburg to Stalingrad to commemorate the Battle of Stalingrad.

Because Odyssey is in the timeline where Mario fails to save Pauline from Donkey Kong.

Because "Donk" is the sound your wifes head makes hitting the bed headboard when Mario has possessed you and is fucking her.

filename

So the ending of the game is Mario possessing Bowser to ramrod Peach?

Someone please color this in I can barely see the faint pink on stark white.

Notice that Steam Gardens and the Forest Kingdom has pine trees propping out from it's edges, similar to the ice kingdom having the snowflakes on it's edges.

I think that the kingdom on the far right is a wine bottle and is possibly a vineyard kingdom, this would explain the grape pickers outfit and the E10+ rating. Still can't decipher New Donk City, that space below the desert and just other spaces. the Cascade Kingdom is obviously a Triceratops skull, I wonder if the game actually has a Triceratops. Luncheon Kingdom is a series of volcano's. If the Mushroom Kingdom is on the map then where the fuck is the Koopa Kingdom.

Brazil has taken over NYC in this timeline and all the women love getting butt implants

If Pauline was kidnapped by the original Dong and he looks like he picked the wrong grail now, why does she look so youthful?
Is she sacrificing virgin green toads to bathe in their rejuvenating 1up blood atop her skyscraper?

The desert along with the forest and the island next to it are birds

Why do they have to keep putting these characters into real world locations? This screenshot looks like when they gave knuckles a pistol…

It could just be that kongs have much shorter lifespans.

They never gave Knuckles a pistol, user. How's he supposed to pull the trigger? Are you sure you're in the right timeline?

he's just stuck in another parallel universe user