Shenmue 3

Deep Silver is publishing it. This means Sega doesn't want to touch it. That means no SEGA themed arcade machines, capsules, etc.
That being said, I don't think the game will be good anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/megganpez/status/317526010922954753
archive.is/OvWqx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not a good sign.

Well, it is a kickstarter game. Those mostly never turn out good. A lot turn out terrible, most are just mediocre and the good ones are few adn far between.

Nostalgia only pays off when you go back and play the original games I guess.

We'll see. Shenmue 3 was someone's monkey paw wish, for sure.

Laughing at retards getting scammed will never get old.

Go back and "play" those games, they're fucking terrible. Last time I checked, walking around for 20 hours asking the same 5 NPCs various things isn't fun.

And the last, there's a reason barely any other devs did that shit, it's fucking boring.
Generic trash

The only decent thing is the atmosphere, because it really made me feel like I was in a small town with fuck all to do.

They never said it was PS4 exclusive. Not sure where you got that from. From day 1 it was PC and PS4.

Only 5 NPCs that are actually worthwhile to speak to. All the people on the street say the same thing: "please don't ask me right now, come back later". Only bearable NPC is Tom.

Everything about it so far has been monkey paw material.

There were hundreds of unique NPCs each with names, schedules, and things to say. Just because you're too much of a lazy fag to find the Yakuza club, or any of the other interesting NPCs doesn't reflect poorly on the game, it reflects poorly on you DSP.

twitter.com/megganpez/status/317526010922954753

They didn't say it directly, but they never had to. Ever since the early stages they made it appear as if it was an exclusive to get casuals and console fanboys to get hype over a game that has no reason to exist other than to rake in juicy shekels from idiots with fake nostalgia and people who've never heard of or ever played Shenume before.

You're definitely right about all that.

What part of having NPCs with schedules is fun? Wow, I can watch one NPC go to work and come home afterwards, so fun!

About what I'd expect from you Phil

This could go two of one ways.

Simulating real life doesn't mean shit if it isn't fun to do so. Shenmue is basically Gone Home with a shitty fighting game engine thrown in.

Buckle up, you waitresses.

Weak bait fam and I'm not taking it anymore. Also you avoided my point earlier that the NPCs you find or don't find are more related to how you play. You're the sort of faggot who just stuck to the main street and never explored and couldn't be bothered to learn the battle system or meet interesting NPCs so the game sucked from your perspective which is funny because it was actually your play style that sucked. That's my argument Phil, now how about you actually address it instead of

archive.is/OvWqx

Why is Holla Forums so full of contrarian retarded lonely bully-victim manchildren who hate good series like Shenmue?

AND MAKE THE BAD GUYS CRY LIKE KUNG FU FANS ON PRIME NIGHT!

Interesting NPCs is pretty subjective, they're mostly cut n paste stereotypes who don't actually offer much. Yes you can go explore around the different areas and like I said, the atmosphere is one of the few things it does right but there's nothing exciting or fun about it.

Are you implying that it takes time to learn? It's basically virtua fighter except a bit more dumbed down, there's nothing to learn with such a lack of depth. Also, you maybe use that fighting system like 3-4 times, otherwise it's just QTEs; another thing to hate this shit game for popularising.

You know what a good shenmue game is? Yakuza, because that shit is actually fun to play.

yakuza is a shit series though. at least the first 5 parts

How can you like shenmue but think Yakuza is shit? It took every mechanic and made it 10x better and turned it into something that feels like a real video game.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You're going to burn, along with your reboots.

Only Shenmue did QTEs right and it's actually God of War that popularized them (and the shitty ones at that). The QTEs in shenmue aren't random, they're based on how the game controls so you can always tell what you're doing when you do it instead of it feeling like "push x to win".

Again, you said yourself that you barely met any NPCs and Tom was your favorite meaning all you did was stick to the main street. You're not exactly an expert so pardon me if I don't let you tell me how the characters in the game are.

No, Yakuza is different, and vastly so. They're different games doing different things, but given that you're DSP I guess I should expect you to want every game to be the same. I was done with this conversation forever ago, please leave the thread as it's clearly about something you don't like and it seems to be upsetting you that people do like it and see it for more than you did with your limited play style.

Also:
No, again YOU used the fighting system like 3-4 times. That's your play style. I sparred every fucking day and the days I didn't spar I was training. There are also more than 3-4 fights, again sounds like you didn't look around enough and missed events, but just like DSP you blame the game instead of your own play style.

I can't wait for all the nerd rage once Shenmue 3 comes out and it's been pozzed to Hell and back. The normalfag shill brigade will be working overtime.

So they aren't working harder and not smarter?

Sad.

Well I like story in games, so a Gone home with an actual good story would be fine by me.

Played Shenmue on the Xbox way back when and by god do I hate QTE so I hope that's gone.

Yep.

Let's say the entire dev team of Deus Ex came back and did a Kickstarter. I still wouldn't back it.

Recreating the magic of the past in current year is doomed to fail.

Don't really care, I'm more interested in the PC ports of Yakuza.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

One guy from Sega of Europe says that the Yakuza series is one that they are interested in porting and suddenly everyone is saying Yakuza is getting PC ports. If you want to play weeb games buy a console, it's more efficient than waiting and hoping for ports.

Working on this crap instead of Siants Row 5

What a fucking waste of time

I don't see this being that surprising since deep silver publishes a lot of kickstarted games. Though it would be sad if they don't have the rights to put sega references in their game.

Do you know what publishing means you dumb faggot?

That is exceedingly smart for them, and a good choice too.

This. No idea why Holla Forums jacks off over that series; also Shenmue while being technically impressive was a boring piece of shit excuse for an adventure game, there are so many better games out there like Chulip and Wonder Project J2. Shampoo is remembered only for its shitty voice acting and grafix. There is a reason it sold like manure and Sega put Yu Suzuki in the doghouse, they wasted all that money on making something as lifelike as possible, yet forgot to add fun.

I really really like this picture.

If he was REALLY interested in Japanese games he'd already have a PS4.

PC gamers are false weebs and they will be brought into the light.

I thought you had to own a Vita to be a "true weeb?"

As much as it pains me to say, just by looking at Shenhua's lifeless eyes in picrelated I can already imagine this game flopping really hard.

The Shenhua from the Kickstarter trailer looked much more expressive, more human. I hope they can get their shit together before release date approaches.

What the actual fuck do you mean by this

Why the fuck do you want Saints Row 5

That's probably not good. I like to call Deep Silver "The Little EA."

archive?

see

Reminder: You're talking about games that popularized Quick Time Events

Yeah, I'm sure with how insanely popular it was on a dead system that it popularized Quick Time Events. No nigger, as I said in my post which YOU QUOTED; it was God of War that popularized Quick Time Events and invented shitty "push x to win" quick time events over "push a button that corresponds with an in-game action" which is actually good. Learn some shit faggot.

Implying that was the key thing in the originals. Jesus Christ. Plus the faggots are going to be in some ancient Chinese temples and villages, do you expect fucking arcades and capsule machines there?

Maybe bootlegs :^)

There's an Afterburner 2 arcade cabinet in an abandoned shrine, or whatever it's supposed to be, in the second game.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll see some zany and so random references to Saints Row and other games ;)

Fuck me

These dubs speak the truth.

No, you just need a vita to be a real fatlus fan.

Dragon's Lair predates it by about 15 years, kid.

I already know. I'm just calling it it like I see it.

I already know there's going to be tons of threads on here alone with "mfw I didn't buy this pozzed POS" posts when it crashes/burns.

Just watch, user. System Shock will end the same way too.

there's nothing wrong with QTE's replacing cutscenes or other events, the problem is when they replace the final boss with 1 button like Ass creed

OH GOD

Aayyy

We can tell.