Path of Exile General

PATH OF EXILE: WOKE EDITION

How are your builds coming along?

I'm doing RF without any uniques. GGEZ

Other urls found in this thread:

poeurl.com/bsUA
poeplanner.com/AAkAAQcACSQDAIC5HRXsivDEgulGsKu-p2VNvTZHfoTZGbQtgxUg3Q3glZ-CVugs6YazCEmy3C_MwYK2imLshO_awXTtBS167y5T029AoMC_qZUM96yvIWB08Smlj2A26BpVYSEB57yfGJH8SxRNG_qkGbYspzCfy57N6dV5OX7i0iHyQRo-Xz-CB9l89kiMzz38WGMUIO8OUEeAinYr900km0F0J-3E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQZLtlhrY3Pfnas2L3-Cgkz0TbiLMauPC23PoPMg19XDZZskc677fObaGXkUT0PBjlRYPuq8wai6hLhktDyRTrhpldN4zWS_o8GiyDjX9oKJr54bNiBmz0AAAARAAACAAfQAQJ0AQICBgEBAAMAAA==
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8316-raped-in-the-peace-corp-now-i-post-on-mpc/
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Skeleton#Summoned_Skeleton
poebuilds.io/builds/hc?classParam=All&keystones=Ghost Reaver
poebuilds.io/builds/hc?classParam=Assassin
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAABAQBeAx4DlgX5Bx4ILgmgDkgPqxEvEYERlhSwFfAWvxmKGY4fQSSLJpUqCysKMHwyATY9N9Q7KD9zSVFLV1FHVUtd8l-wYENh4mHrYqxjp2yMbOduPW-ecFJzcHcHelN7bn11fyt_xoIegwmExYcHhxOJ04w2lS6VzJcGlyGaYZsmm7WcpJ2qn4iio7IZtUi7476AwOPBfMHzwnPDOsSiykrOcM96037dRuKt62PtP-2D8NXxs_bn-WP9bv66
pastebin.com/umTHxLDB
poeplanner.com/AAkAAQEACRQAAHQB3AHnBS0FPAmWEuEUIBRNFHEV7Bo4G_ohYCXfJy8ppS3SMZ41kjkOOuE7O0CgQT9Hfkh4TeNQR1HmV1RZ814TXz9hUmVNbydvO3KpdO108Xasd1N343gNeWh673zZggeE2YTvhVKHaoqzivCPYJBVkGyRzpLQk6iUh5d5mAqaap7Fns2fPqLqpBmmV6cwqSepbqmUrKqtjbXytqS5HbvtvTa-p8AawQTEgsVTypDPftIh2L3ZYdl83DLelt-y5FHpRuoY6wnvDu9O8kHyRfcy-Ov8S_4K_o8McCefO7aFp4a0pTWygPVhAW87DwIwAgAAAgFQAAEKAAAAAAAAAfM6AK0BFAECMgB4AAYFAUABAQGIBAABngIHAb4ACAGGAQsBlgAFBx89ABMAjwATAFcAEwCJABAU_QAGCzMA3gIUA7AAAZABBQMB7AQAAWwCDAHCAQ4BwgH_DgFsAgQHD_0AEwAkARMADQATABkAEwAhAAoCAAEBaAEFCQGMAAABUgMLAbgBEgGMAP8HATIAAAAANADgABQDYgAABhABTAkGAXYCAAFcAxIBQAEFAQMAGAEoAAQHD5AAEwDfABAApgATAIsAEgAxApcCFAEBLAEFAcgAArwC_gsBkAEBZAAB0gAFDx9OABMAFAETABkAEwAGABAADQATAAAhAKoCAAEBggAFFwF8ARgBfAEZAVoACgECAP8GAfoAAAAAJwCiAgABAZYABgAB-AIUAQ0AAQFyARgB0gAZAb4A_w8CHgBGAAAAACMAXwIAAQG-AAURATYBBAI8AHgACAGMAAABPgP_GgHmAAAAADEALQEUAQHIAAUAAUgDCwELAA0B8AAGAfoA_xUBWAIEBQ-rAAcAPAABB_wAEQB9ABIADQBWAhQAAQABRgUAAAAQAJABFAEBZAABAQEYAQAAABIAkgEUAQLIAJYAAQEByAAAAAAUAI0BFAEBMHUCAQFKAQ0BkAEAAAASAJYBFAEAAhsBeAAQAQQAAAAA
github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter/releases
github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710
github.com/xyzz/acquisition/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Feels awful

RF berserker isn't a meme

windripper magicfinder
still havent bought my bisco's though so I'm grinding prophecies

Ok Oro's Flicker is a joke and unfunny that at that.
I kinda want to go with minions. How to build proper summoner? By proper summoner something with SRS but also army of Diablo2 Necromancer.

Drop that how to make some interesting fire damage cast when channeling fire damage SRS summoner that plays like Diablo2 Necromancer.
So how to make zombies do fire damage?

You an use a herald, support added fire damage as well. Zombies are quite strong now, they got hella buffed and there's a legendary gem you can get from a part 2 main quest that makes them go berserk.

fugg i thought it was a ranged skill, should have read the skill description
I'll probably just go SRS

Earthquake?

Herald only affects you though, even with generosity. Added fire support gem is probably your best bet. Remember to get more minion damage + more melee damage.

Violent dead is in fact great. Heralds and Arctic Armor aren't auras and doesn't work on minions.
Well I also have read that minion mods are only things that works on minions. So you encounter problem I exactly had. You cannot scale them with anything interesting.

Everything that benefits you is Skill Duration for SRS, Beacon of Corruption and maybe something else.
You can go auras but this means you will need to waste total of 3 links for curses and auras. You need to use curse on hit on separate link instead of waste mana reservation on it because Commander of Darkness buff is huge.
This also means you have no place zombies, not to mention Specters. You also want to use either Severed in Sleep or Mon'tregul's Grasp, so you don't have 6-link for other minion setup.
Golems are expensive AF and we don't speak about them.

Essentially it is most efficient to either give up on Zombies or SRS but I want both because idea was to take Diablo 2 Necromancer that gave few points in bone spear to not get bored while playing.
So I say fuck this crap. It will be inefficient anyways. I will stick with 3 links being wasted on minions by the logic of more shit, most likely 2 4-links. Let it be fire/chaos/regular one, it really only depends on support gems and items.

Dark Pact

Running a 78% block crit based Gladiator. Been using Bino's Kitchen Knife and Static Strike (5-link) around 123K DPS at level 74. Use Shield Charge with Fortify and Endurance on Melee Stun to get some charges. Flicker Strike is good for jumping between groups. Only problem is that HP is ~3K atm, basically going to get HP nodes and respec a few points to get 4.5K. Then the rest of the HP has to come from getting the retardedly priced gear. Curious to see how well Violent Retaliation (+80% dmg if taken a Savage Hit from a unique monster recently) helps with these new higher HP bosses. All in all the build has been pretty good and death has resulted generally from my own stupidity and greed.
Aside from Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet (~30c) everything else is the build was bought for cheap. Bino's Kitchen Knife (~2alc), The Anvil (1 alc), Lioneye's Remorse (1c), Ming's Heart (1alc), 5-link chest (~2c). The rest has been just slow upgrades and getting resistance coverage. Funny given the original plan was Soul Taker Siege Axe and Belly of the Beast.

Here is a skelly build that someone used to clear end game breach maps. Hope your computer can handle high ammounts of projectiles on screen. poeurl.com/bsUA

It cannot but I can handle playing PoE in 240p. God bless dynamic resolution.
Also this is my problem with Summoner. Build is useless. This one is standard CI one. I have made pretty much same one accidentally toying with the idea of Zombies/SRS.
I will need to see his gear/jewels/gems to see what this build is. So far this gives me idea to give up on duration nodes near Sentinel and maybe go CI but not low-life because I don't want to go full support. I however have no idea how it works based on tree alone.

I was confused for a moment there.

Post currency tabs

I never really got into the endgame of PoE since they added maps. Could someone give me a quick rundown on how to progress and what currency is worth spending on maps?
I pretty much only get t1-2 maps with an occasional 3. Will I get higher maps in higher tiered maps? Can I increase the levels of maps in some way? Do I save normal low lvl maps and craft on them or are they not worth picking up?

Also general tips for mapping are welcome.

What gene is it that makes niggers want to make everything into a peacock esque display?

Maps drop based on what maps are next to it in the path and what maps you have completed. By completing bonus objectives listed on the Atlas for each map you increase the chance that a map dropped will be a higher tier. Personally I have had very little need to buy maps under T10. Only exceptions are if I am in a rush to complete map objectives and am having trouble getting uncratable non unique maps to drop (CavernT3, Arachnid Tomb T7, ext). The basic mechanics are covered pretty well in this video. Only change made in 3.0 is the ability to use a Divine Vessel+map in the map device to try and capture a Pantheon Soul to upgrade a Pantheon Power. The Atlas lists which maps will give you which souls. Divine Vessels have a chance to drop in any map but are quite rare.

You can sell 3 of the same map for one of a higher tier, so it may be worth it saving them.
Use alchs to make them rare at tier 6+. It is worth to spend chisels on white high tier (11+) maps (4 chisels = 20%) before the alch.
Do the atlas bonuses (Press G to open atlas), they increase your chance to get a higher tier map. You get higher maps in higher tier maps.

What a fag

:^)

poeplanner.com/AAkAAQcACSQDAIC5HRXsivDEgulGsKu-p2VNvTZHfoTZGbQtgxUg3Q3glZ-CVugs6YazCEmy3C_MwYK2imLshO_awXTtBS167y5T029AoMC_qZUM96yvIWB08Smlj2A26BpVYSEB57yfGJH8SxRNG_qkGbYspzCfy57N6dV5OX7i0iHyQRo-Xz-CB9l89kiMzz38WGMUIO8OUEeAinYr900km0F0J-3E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQZLtlhrY3Pfnas2L3-Cgkz0TbiLMauPC23PoPMg19XDZZskc677fObaGXkUT0PBjlRYPuq8wai6hLhktDyRTrhpldN4zWS_o8GiyDjX9oKJr54bNiBmz0AAAARAAACAAfQAQJ0AQICBgEBAAMAAA==
Critique my build please
It's a Varunastra + The Anvil, Blade Flurry build.

Thanks guys, I've yet to watch the video but I got a better understanding now. When you say I shouldn't buy maps, do you mean from Zana? I guess I can just transmute normal lower tier maps instead.
So now starting out, saving t1-2 (or t1-3) maps and crafting them into t4-5 and transmuting them might be a decent idea?

From other players
Yeah that's ok, once you get into the mid tiers you should start alching them, gives them item quantity and pack size, both increase your chance of getting maps (But not from gear).

How the fuck am I meant to kill bosses that just spam cold spells? I get instantly frozen before I can even get close. Took me 4 deaths to kill a boss on the Beach map previously to this because of the same reason. Are they balanced around everyone having fucking freeze removal flasks?

You should have a thawing flask though, also a sapphire flask, also be 75% or more cold resist. just like you should have a bleed removal flask for corrupting blood.

Having low life is making it easier to get chilled frozen and stunned. You also seriously need an anti freeze flask.

I thought getting frozen was based on your % life or something, not cold resistance. I don't get 1 shot, but I might as well if I stand frozen for 3 seconds. Guess I'll spam some alterations.

cap cold res and use anti freeze utility flask, decoy totem and golems help.

Managed to roll a flasks after 40 or so alts, not sure if I want to keep it on my mana flask though as I play with a super tiny mana pool I'll pretty much only be able to use it for breaking out.

Frozen is damage taken vs max hp.
So taking less cold damage means you get frozen less

Oh also that boss was shaper buffed, which made him spam even more cold spells than normal.

Fair enough.

How can you tell? I don't see any special modifiers on him.

are there any good bots for this game

Have fun getting fucked by lag and crashes if you want to play anything that doesn't have 30k effective health.

Heartloop + CWDT.

This game would be amazing if the devs weren't hopelessly autistic.

Hopefully one day private servers will exist.

The arena is dark, and he normally doesn't fire frostbolts or use vortex, and they both have that space looking mtx

what would you change

I don't want to just whine here about cold bosses, but fuck me. I feel so gimped as a melee character when fighting against bosses in general. This time I was fully prepared with anti freeze flask and all but the spam and aoe just doesn't let me get close without having to disengage and heal.
There are just sooo many bosses that spam "stage hazards". If I was ranged I could play around my lower defense while gearing up a lot easier.

you'd be surprised a lot of range builds have the same issues, mainly because the endgame is path of 1 shots.

Get the brine king pantheon power with the frost champion upgrade also 3.1k hp as melee is ridiculously low, especially for maps. Don't forget to overcap your resists cause bosses and maps will debuff you frequently, about 110-120% is probably good. Chances are though you're still getting oneshot at full resists cause of that shit hp.

The main problem I find is when these randomly generated bosses have so many fucking spells:
1. Huge AoE denial covering the map and wears you down.
2. Smaller AoE denial, stuff like Frost Bombs or large slow moving projectiles.
3. Instant spells you can't dodge like Cold Snap or Ice Nova.
4. A healthy dose of spammable ranged spells.

This was in a magic T2 map with no nasty modifiers at all. I could probably take this boss down if I had better gear, but I'm already facerolling through the maps and "reasonable" story progression bosses haven't been much trouble. Killed Kitava act 10 without dying, which I failed on my previously 2 builds.

Even if a ranged character would get 1 shot by the same things I get, at least they don't have to put themselves in the same type of danger and could potentially even harass down bosses offscreen by clever kiting.

I thought T2 maps were relatively safe for fresh lvl 70's. I'm fully aware of my shit gear but I assumed I could start gearing up in low tier maps.

Just as a reference point I had that amount of hp on my cyclone zerker when I started act 6. If you have the currency to spare I'd just try to find some good stuff off the market cause grinding to get decent gear will take too much of your time.

Not really, have fun in feeding trough. I mean they are safe for fresh 70s provided you have decent enough gear. I mean 3.1k is super low, you'll want to be around 4k+

I'm really trying to squeeze the most out of my gear slots but RNG hasn't been kind. Gloves are trash and needs something with at the very least ~50+ hp and single res. I'm still using a Tabula and need to find a decent 5L replacement. Rest of my gear is better itemized but their generally low lvl makes them not that great. I also have shit strength as a result of playing ranger rather than marauder.

You pretty much picked the 2 low tier map cold bosses to run, that mixed with your shit life means you'll get frozen often.

Hey now, 4k life or ES is fine if you have some other form of mitigation like endurance charges

How does Max block + 20k armour + 5 endurance charges + fortify sound?

im doing RF juggernaut with 9 endurance charges. shit melts. i tank.
what the fuck happened to the bloody bandits though? wheres my tenth endurance charges i dont have to spend 300c on?

You get it by spending 300c. GGG very clearly wanted to nerf charges in general, the reason why they didn't plan on changing the bonuses per endurance charge is because, although the absolute easiest to get, they are fairly weak.

I want to get into this autism game but am confused.

I decided to only play HC and SSF too for maximum challenge, but I don't know which build is shit and which build is good.

I need general pointers about:

Thank you fampais.

Stop.
You might as well just reroll onto an SC league right now because your first char will always be shit and flag at 40. Your second one might make it to 60 or the first few maps but be shit. By the third character you should be able to play better.

Also the new bosses are unfun and can 1shot you even if you are tanky (and you should be). Also you will die if you hit a lag spike.

Evade is dex, armor is str, int is ES
Dodge is a different mechanic.
ES was nerfed, life is great.

Block is optional depending on build. Get it if you invest heavily or ignore it otherwise.

okay one thing you should know
HC is a meme, people use log out macros to avoid dying when the servers shit themselves which is often.

Am I the only one that likes Mathilfication? Or is he just a shitty streamer faggot?

Why not both?

That said, I been mapping on 4k life. Shit's great. Probably will need to bump it up to 5k to hit mid-high yellows properly.

Go ahead, but you're definitely going to give yourself some trouble doing SSF HC.

Minions ensures best survival because they can die in your place and there's less gearing involved in making minions powerful. They're also the gift that keeps on giving so spamming a lot of minions can flood a room with recurring sources of damage. It's also the easiest build to pursue if you are going SSF, since you can craft a +1 to socketed minions headpiece rather easily by using crafting recipes and you don't need much more than that (but definitely get one of those level-boosters). Best minions to spam are Raging Spirits (requires skill effect duration passives) and Animate Weapon. Wrath and Hatred are the best auras for minion damage. Skeletons are pretty overrated even with the new skeleton supports, unless you are using Vaal Summon Skeletons, which is a different story. Vaal skill gems are not provided by vendors though, so good luck getting one in SSF (dirt-cheap with trading though). You'll probably end up having to use Vaal Orbs on Summon Skeleton skill gems in the hopes of getting a Vaal Summon Skeletons if you want one. Also, you can use +1 to socketed fire gem recipes for Summon Raging Spirits.

2H is best damage while 1H+shield is best defenses. 2H has a side benefit in being able to give you a second 5L or 6L to socket your ability off of, while any 1H build can only use the chest piece for that. More links = more support gems = more power on your skill. Some uniques can give a solid number of bonus support gems to socketed skills, but if you're SSF you can't make unique-using builds easily.

Best defense is typically energy shield because it's a second life pool that works against everything but chaos damage. Pure ES (Chaos Innoculation) builds have been nerfed considerably, but going life+es is still workable. In hardcore you usually want a lot of defenses, so focus health and energy shield nodes. Evasion is discouraged in hardcore (doesn't work on spells and when you get hit, you get hit for max damage), and armor is only effective in extreme quantities since the percentage of physical damage reduction it provides goes down based on the physical damage you take (so basically unless you have over 20K armor it's going to do nothing against oneshots in endgame and even 20K isn't very good).

Block is always good, since it's very reliable. Dodge is not the same as evasion fyi. Dodge is like block: a flat chance to avoid damage. Evasion is a type of armor rating on dexterity armors. If you are going dodge build you are typically using Vaal Grace and likely taking Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. A lot of those builds require uniques to cap dodge (block and dodge both cap at 75%).

ALWAYS get life, esp. in hardcore (aka "path of life nodes"), unless you are Chaos Innoculation (pure ES) build. CI builds usually require uniques to avoid freeze and stun (because their duration scales off of max life, or in the case of CI, the amount of max life you would have had if you weren't CI), and you can't really get them in SSF. Depending on the ascendancy there are other ways to become immune to stun and freeze conditions, but even beyond that CI builds want the most absurdly high ES rolls on all their gear, so it's not really SSF material.

There was an article somewhere by someone trying to help Africa develop. So they fund one villager's idea to start a bakery as a business, but it ended with the communal peer pressure for gifts and status signaling. Eventually that villager couldn't run a bakery anymore.

It's probably that, I've reminded myself of an annoying amount of status signaling from whales. One of them I used to hang out with pretended to be rich, and some time later complained about waitresses getting better tips than him at the cafe he works at.

When you say max block, are we talking 75% or 75+%? Also what is your spell block at? How do you deal with unblockable damage? Defense is nothing if it takes x10 times to kill a boss since you still have to back off and recover without getting one shot.

Hardcore doesn't do anything to make the game more difficult, it merely restricts your build choices so you wouldn't die.
You need an effective life pool, you can't use block/dodge to replace life, you can only use it to complement it. Otherwise you are extremely prone to getting one-shot.
Chaos spells because you can't kill yourself to reflect with it, and for added benefit chaos damage is great for damage.
Depends on what you are looking for

Minions won't kill you through reflect either. Also, there are ascendancies (elementalist, slayer, and scion versions thereof) that reduce the reflected damage you take. With the right ascendancy plus Yugul's pantheon, you would have 75% reduced reflected damage taken, which with a life leech support and Vaal Pact (does not work with ES) passive allows you to overcome reflect no problem. There are also 2 passives for 10% reduced elemental reflect and 1 for 10% reduced physical reflect. With a high enough leech (and maybe Yugul), just Vaal Pact will be enough to overcome reflect.

That said there is no chaos reflect so it's true that chaos avoids the problem outright. Plus chaos is a great damage type. If you're going Chaos, Dark Pact is a great pick these days. Since it has a damage multiplier, Added Chaos Damage works very well with it too.

hes cool. his build guides tend to suffer from "this build is great, i only put 50ex in and it kills shaper ez", but the builds are always fun even on a lower budget.

His builds also suffer from the issue that his videos make whatever dirt cheap uniques he uses rise in price ten-fold

speaking of mathil does his dreamfeather ST build still work?

This reminds me of this thread.
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8316-raped-in-the-peace-corp-now-i-post-on-mpc/

bruh
Your nose is a vampire

Things are tend to go this way. You start making a cheap build and that you notice that to improve your damage and survivability you need 10ex jewelry and lab enchants and corrupted gear. Builds have ceilings.

I knew, lucky regen numbers will bless me.
I tried to post this 6 times what the fuck

Is there some trick to killing Shallazang map boss? I get him to 75% then his regen outpaces my DPS. I tried moving him away from adds and shit but he either runs back or it doesn't make any difference.

Sounds like a map you should not have on your atlas at all. Its chimera who is eating corpses? just let het heal and get a goddamn damage. She dies really fucking fast.
The only tier 10 map unlocked should be dunes. The only tier 11 map should be racecourse. The only tier12 map should be ashen wood. The only tier 13 map is tropical island. The only tier 14 map is Coves. The only tier 15 map is courtyard.

It was a tier 1 map, I just hit 70 and started with maps. Guess it's time to dip into the Cs and buy some better shit.

You could try destroying the corpses before he consumes them, using frost bomb to reduce his regeneration or just target him and not the devourers so he can't eat them.

I disagree, you shouldn't shape a t7 at all, they're all shit, did they also nerf shore's density? why shape trop island instead?

Sounds like you play really fucking shitty build and its surprising you were able to beat the game.

I've steamrolled through everything else and have done other T1 and T2 maps fine just fine.

I can kill atziri almost instantly but I still nervous as fuck during the fight. Fucking yellow stormcalls will give me hearth attack.
Why cant I post my awesome screens to brag about my awesomeness?

god damn it i'm happy, this was a matter of pride

Feels okay I guess

Sockets are shit but that's about as good as a random drop can get at this level

This dropped too

Vaal Winds prophecy is top tier, holy

So I apparently get credit for doing the entire expansion already.
Is there anyway I can reset this so I can actually do the story?

Just craft 60% damage wand and get +flat phys rings.

Lab is super fun right now. You can roll divine shrine and be fucking invincible for the rest of the lab.
You know, vaal winds are supposed to be used to make shitload of 6links/6sock and cost like 10c? So you wasted 6c to make 1alch.

Dont be a fucking retard.

welp

Shithead izaro could one shot me not even a day before this and now after I got my head out of my ass and geared up properly, I can actually survive, it feels validating. I'm probably still not good for endgame but it's nice to meet a new milestone on a goddamn starter build.

Yawn

start another character

rd is the most FOTM shit atm so I don't think it sucks..

Why?! Do you like to torture yourself? I tried to make a Summoner with her, and her dialogue is just too unbearable for me to stomach.

Where should my HP be at for act 5 and above? I'm on Act 3 with a cold witch (I'll post the build later), but I've been trying to get 1k health for 4. With Cruel and Merciless removed, is it okay to start crafting stuff around act 4?

Jesus fucking crist, how are you even playing?
Also loot from full clear of beachhead tier 10.

Thats pretty high for that point isnt it?

I only had about 1.5k for kitava 1.0, far as I remember; just over 4 when I started mapping. Life is strange to deal with after being ES for so long.

Though Scion was good?

I've been picking up life talents while building my cold damage and crits.

This seems spicy

It just feels underwhelming in general because you collect nickels on a beach.
But honestly, I think it will be nerfed. Shitload of rare mobs give good exp, new orbs are surer useful, and its fucking great for self found league. And it has a lot of mobs in general.
Also RF conc effect for me is exactly the same as radius of harbinger summoning circle.

This league has had nice drops in general

Holy shit, that's such a good analogy.

I've got some booties with life and tri-resist. The rolls are all shit though, is it worth it to divine orb that shit?

Fug

This feels FANTASTIC to play

I'm really having trouble enjoying the game. Whenever I see a support skill and think "oh fuck that sounds awesome" its always
They have this great system and it's just wasted by making 90% of support gems +50% physical damage

Actually, things like Melee Splash and Added Fire Damage do work with minions

But thats just more damage. I want my curse on hit skeletons.

But if youre using COH (does it not work?) then that means two fewer gems to make your skeletons hit harder or live longer.

Curses are utility. You can get away with having 0 or 1 or 2 depending on your build. Even without extra curses, you can use blasphemy or COH ball lightning or something. There are options

It explicitly says not.
I know it's not a good idea. But it's still fun. That's the thing, it seems like a waste of a system that on paper gives the player so much freedom, to just boil it down to "what configuration will give me the highest numbers?"
I'm going to try cast on melee kill SRS.

So avatar of fire is pretty fun, by why just fire why not all 3 elements?

Dealing only one type of elemental damage makes resistance penetration more effective.

How do I properly gem SRS? I had to take a look on the wiki since the ingame tooltip doesn't properly show damage increase but it might be out of date.

Right now I'm using:
Melee Splash
Faster Casting
Melee Physical Damage
Minion Damage
Elemental Damage with Attacks

I'm only lvl 32 so I kinda need the faster cast speed to keep them up. Maybe spell echo is better once I get it in act 4 or whenever it is. Once I have enough cast speed to not need any of them, should I add in a duration support gem or something instead? More damage?

Oh while I'm at it, does Spell Power affect their damage? What about "Added X Damage on attack" and "Added X Damage to Spells"

No I mean why is there no avatar of lightning or ice?
I would like an ICE one, maybe to OP?

Chill and Freeze seem to be the best effects, lightning is just a damage boost but better then the dot fire does.

Get cheap +2 helm.

I'd lose 2 gem sockets since I'm using a Tabula, I would think that those are more valuable?

The game as a whole has a shitload of fire damage, both for you and for enemies. I guess the reason why is that fire is the most common element and also that it would be a pain in the ass placing three different avatar types in the passive tree.

+2 gem level is a massive boost to your damage

How good are the harbinger of X skills? Apparently one of them gives you a short buff that increases the damage you deal and mitigates 50% of all incoming damage.

8sec buff, 30 sec CD. And if base dps of weapon is bad, it will make it unviable anyway.
50%increased damage is nothing, 8sec dmg reduction is not reliable and may force you into slow as fuck playstyle.

Actually, it's because of how conversion works on a technical level. To avoid infinite loops, damage can only be converted in one direction. Physical > Lightning > Cold > Fire >Chaos. A hypothetical Avatar of Lightning could therefore only convert Physical damage.

For real, fuck that map as any build, I hate chasing that stupid squid around.

flicker strike my dude :^)

depends on what item you get the skill, but harbinger of directions looks insane for any bow build.
depends on how often its cast, but that just sounds hilariously op.

Conversion only works one way because it is an iterative process.

Phys->Lightning->Cold->Fire->Chaos

You can't go backwards or it would loop infinitely.

It lasts 4 seconds and has a cooldown of 8; it can apply any one of those to you or all of them

Usually every bow build gets all of that from other sources. But its a nice quiver anyway. All of these items seems good in general but not best in slot in most cases.
Like that awesome belt. But in most fucking cases its worse that a fucking belt of deceiver because its gives hp resist and 10% more damage. Probably will use it in case of speedruning a shitload of easy maps.

is that tarkecat? i swear that voice is familiar…

No idea, but I noticed that about blacks mostly. They got to show off whenever they get something

i'm doing a necro witch in standard there's not some serious issues with that build later on is there? The guide I'm using says it's ubers and atziri viable and all this shit but my main problem with path is really that there is a ton of jargon.

But why?

I don't know enough about the game to warrant playing hardcore at the moment. Particularly acts 4-10.

That only causes me to ask why again, I said nothing of hardcore and neither did you; I merely want to know why you're not playing the league. It's impacts are very minimal early on and the economy is very different between standard and (now) harbinger.

bullshit. with a proper character you wont get 1 shot. im on act 10 in hc atm and nothing has come close to a true one shot except an optional boss, and it would need 2 hits.

you kidding? 50% less damage is insanely good, even if inconsistent.

look up how minion damage scales. basically nothing on the tree except shit that specifically has increased minion damage will buff minions like srs.

If you were forced to leave one of the gods you kill in power and allow them to rule the entire planet unopposed, which would it be?

Innocence and Solaris/Lunaris don't count, since both of those are easy mode

Are you using Projectile Weakness for knockback or some other trickery?

I really need to stop dying to fucking endgame trial traps.

I'm pretty sure there are more gods than we can kill, presently.

What is meant is the gods in the Pantheon system

Putting aside the potential of bringing resources from the maps, probably the Brine King. Fucker can have the ocean.

He just wanted a waifu.

I hope you don't mind being turned into a tentacle abomination

I would rather be a squid but not a kid than be:
The goat…eh, I guess I wouldn't mind serving a goat either, but that's another topic entirely

faggot
also can you use dark pact to level or is it one of this get level 68 and then use the skill kind of deals?

I said Maori khorne, not actual khorne, why would I bow to some nigged up version that isn't even a shred as powerful as he.

You can use Dark Pact early on if you use Springleaf/The Oak. Shaper's Seed wouldn't hurt too much either. Main thing is getting a decent amount of % regen.

Made a Frost Blades character and this shit is a lot more fun compared to my Cyclone one.

I had a really silly CWC in mind too, so frustrating.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Skeleton#Summoned_Skeleton
Try harder you piece of shit.

I was using Path of Building, not the wiki; regardless, despite the information, it goes from level 10 - 88? Are they based on the level of the caster? I suppose that would make sense as you can't start casting it until level 10.. At high end, that could make for some really bonkers chains, with passives and things like The Baron (if it wasn't so expensive right now). I would still need to choose better weapons though. Dual breath of the council would be great for chaos damage but fuck it's so expensive. Thanks though, you slunt.

No I'm literally using knockback support because i forgot about that curse

I thought your summons were based kn the map area level

Pretty nice, but now I need to start saving towards an 6L Atziri's disfavour (unlikely) or a 6L Kongor's Undying Rage (much more likely)

Its shit. Cant wait until they made berserker to be a best summoner too. Every fucking thing works with 40% more damage. Almost every fucking build works with 100% life leech.

user, just go with self-cast Dark Pact Occultist with that node that makes nearby enemies lose chaos resistance.

just got killed by pure rng on act 10 kitava. stun killed through 60% eva, fortify, enfeeble on mobs, and 24% block chance.
hc is for shitters that like to pretend they're better but all it takes is 1 instance of bad rng, bad isp, or fps drop and your character is done for.

So you will be able to kill half of one pack before dying? Great plan. Even better use cast on death dark pact occultist.
Lol.

that isn't how stun works and you forgot about enfeeble both lowering their damage and hit chance, and fortify providing another damage reduction source.

user, all you have to do is scale life and regen (along with grabbing a couple spell/chaos damage nodes along the way), are you really so bad at the game that you are incapable of getting life on anything other than Marauder?

Yeah, I obviously forgot that you assumed stun immunity and probably damage immunity as well. Enfeeble does jack shit against bosses.
This is how fucking stun immunity looks like.

Sure you just regen out damage from yourself and other mobs while standing and casting it. I am obviously bad at the game.
With 0 cast speed increase you only need 12% life regen to sustain damage to yourself. Good enough to facetank everything! Just hope every single mob misses you, or bad rng may kill you. And never get any cast speed anywhere. And be good at game!
It only takes 84 points to get 16% life regen or 93 points to take every life regen passive from the tree for 17%. You can almost sustain additional cast per second!

If you have that much trouble with getting regen then you can easily use gear that gives you % regen. If that still ends up being too difficult for you can always go Vaal Pact and take Hungry Abyss. I get that Berserker is the objectively best choice for literally every single skill in the entire game but Occultist not being viable is just complete and utter bullshit.

it wasn't the boss that was hitting me. I was in the last heart phase so it was all little adds.

Sustaining hp while facetanking in melee range is totally viable for occultist with regen. It just too difficult for me, because I am bad player and dont know anything.

These pesky adds with their little pesky guaranteed chance to hit you because of entropy. RNG FAULT!

Is this how you get fucktons of armor for endgame shit or what?

you wot?

Juggernaut with brass dome. Infinite armor. Even with 100% aura effect grace gives about the same additional 4k armor. And you will need to travel to iron reflexes for it.

Entropy for evasion. Just as I said before.

some dumb name for prng I see. it works both ways, meaning im still unlucky for that string of hits.

Should I use Nuro's Harp for a Frost damage Deadeye focusing on Ice Shot?

Having no Physical damage, are all my Phys to Cold skills going to waste?.

No, don't use nuro's for anything.
yes

You do know that the passive tree for Dark Pact on Marauder is not that massively different since it slightly goes into the Witch tree, right? If you start from the Witch tree you take the nodes for spell damage, grab the hybrid mana/life nodes, maybe even grab some AoE nodes, then grab the health/mana regen nodes next to MoM and then when you go through the Templar tree just do what every single generic life build since the dawn of time has done. Real fucking difficult, m8. You don't even need to respec a single fucking point and yet you're complaining about how it's the game's fault.
Even with just the Templar AoE nodes, completely ignoring support gems and the Witch AoE nodes along with ignoring every single item in the game that gives area of effect, you are still hitting the vast majority of the screen 360 degrees around you. And look at that, just typing "Dark Pact Occultist" into Youtube just gave me a video of a deathless Shaper kill in the very first result, now fuck off with your whining.

Just as all of math, its dumb. Relying (and hoping) on luck is the way smart people play.

Yes.
If you want, but you probably can get better bow instead. Almost any other bow.

Pretty new to the game. I want to make a second character while I wait for my friend to catch up to Act 3, but I don't know what skills are fun to build around. I was looking at flicker strike, which looks hilarious, as does blade flurry. I also haven't made a (purely) INT character yet.
Any suggestions?

Up to you really. Almost everything is viable and choice depends purely on your preferences. Flicker may give you a headache however. And discharge might be too hard for you to play.

no, im saying it's a dumb name for an already widely used mechanic called pseudo rng, and all evasion builds pretty much rely on not getting unlucky too hard in a row, which is unfortunately what happened to me.

Evasion and hit use a rolling counter to make sure you are guaranteed to hit or mess every 1 in N times, like the numbers say.

Dodge is pure RNG, and if in the case of Evasion flubbing, the hit going through, the counter will get reset and you still have a chance to dodge it. Dodge makes evasion many times better

Evasion builds rely on huge effective hp. Usually they redirect pure physical damage by MoM or lighting coil. Even if its still 1 out of 100 you still get hit sooner or later. And evasion gives you nothing versus spells. Relying on luck is not a fucking strategy.

Every good build in this game relies on huge effective hp pools and several other layered defenses.

If you have 80% evasion, that's a 1 in 5 chance of being hit. If you also have 50% dodge, that's a multiplicative chance to your overall chance, making it a 1 in 10 chance of being hit. You need layers

if you had read my earlier replies, you'd see that I did have very layered defenses.

Yeah, but evasion is basically the worst one. before CI nerf And you said that dodge is the best one without mention of effective hp. Yeah, its good, but you always must mention effective HP if you talk about path of exile.
Layering dmg avoidance is not really effective. 1 point for 30% attack avoidance is fucking amazing, yes. MoM dodge might have become new meta if not for the fact that you investing a lot into mana for that and you cant really have giant manapool.

Not a chance but a guaranteed hit. If you fight boss with adds evasion sharply drops in efficiency. You can evade 100dmg hits from random mobs but take a 2k hit from boss because entropy.

Fortify is default for every build in game. You probably had baby hp and no MoM.(no pun intended) Its like saying that you had 75% allres.

It's only guaranteed if evasion is in it; again, evasion uses a counter and pseudo rng to determine its hits, but dodge does not. You could have a guaranteed hit from evasion be dodged.

fortify, mobs doing ~20% less damage and less chance to hit from my enfeeble, 24% block, on top of my evasion. my hp pool was more than enough but getting stun locked into the perfect storm of spell projectiles that blend in with the background is bullshit.
my build was fine. it was literally just bad rng. that my evasion just happened to crap out at that time.

Fucking goddamnit I hate how the defenses in this game work. The only viable one is ES and that's because it's MORE LIFE.

Hitting 60% chance to evade is pretty hard, even for a trickster who has 20% multiplier for a chance to evade. So its 40% chance into 10% chance including dodge. You still get hit even if its random chance and not a pseudo random.
Evasion however provides almost crit immunity at high chance.

Right. You could have blocked stun. Sounds really fucking smart, its rng that was dumb and you died not because your build was shitty, but because everyone play rng and not a game. Blocking attack fucking stuns you, you retard. Why you think that "block and stun duration reduction" always together? Its same fucking thing. And HP reduces duration/chance of stun on you. And some of kitava adds are fucking bosstype mobs. The only thing you god is dmg reduction from enfeeble out of ordinary and it was almost not effective on bostype adds.
Literally bad rng, for fuck sake. I could understand if you were hit by random crit for 7k hp. Shit like that is bad RNG.
Getting stunned with low HP is not a bad rng, its shitty build and lack of knowledge of mechanics.
You dont know shit, yet you claim that everyone with experience and knowledge is wrong and you are right. What is fucking wrong with you?

ES is nerfed and life + layers of defense is the "new" thing.

So, what, like double defenses (Such as evasion/ES/Dodge?) or something like that?

Also I cannot for the life of me find a better club than the one I'm using now despite getting my current one in ACT FUCKING TWO and being in ACT FIVE, thanks to a combination of quality and a +phys dmg on the weapon.

I honestly don't think armour is much better, armour shits the bed vs crits, these have to roll twice against evasion which makes getting crit oneshot much rarer on evasion, evasion also has half a dozen of good chest armours built around it, while armour has, what? Brass Dome? Still, they're both shit compared to the true king, flat life stacking, there's a reason kaom's is so expensive again this league and why CI was so dominant before, hp>defenses.

brine king is a must while leveling, pick it in act 6 and don't remove it until you have 7k life or some source of stun immunity

stuff like evasion/dodge/blind/kintsugi or armour/end charges/lots of life, if you're not playing solo self found go on poe.trade and buy a new weapon, or use rustic sash recipe on a random 2hander from your current level

you fucking nigger, I didn't say I expected block to prevent the stun, but to prevent some of the other hits that followed.

and yeah that bit was my bad. I figured the flat damage reduction from solaris/lunaris would have been better since manually dodging everything had worked up until that point.

Endurance charges on top of fortify on top of enfeeble/slow aura on top of huge hp on top of AA on top of some armor on top of everything else. Like a shitton of block+spellblock or dodge. And probably MoM and probably just good damage. Killing bosses before they can do anything is also good while leveling.
And on top of layered defense you need good sustain so you can recover from 1hp to full in a fucking second.

I dont think its possible. Its really fucking good to have some armor, but other options are also viable. Juggernaut with brass dome probably will be unkillable by ANYTHING with physical damage and with red nightmare you can cap your block and spellblock and with The Surrender you will heal 250 hp from each block. So you could fucking tank constant barrage of 6k hits without noticing them at all. Seriously, it can reduce 6k hit to less than 500 damage and block 3 out of 4 hits which will give you 750 restored hp for less than 500 taken. Even if you take 4 unblocked hits in a row you will barely notice it because you will have regen on top of that.
Its not surprising that red nightmare cost more than any other item in game except legacy items or 4 t1 mirror quality rares. You cant even purchase it most of the time, because no one sells it.

problem is that all relies on a single unique.

What would be a fun Templar build that:

I've been blaying Spectral Throw Scion and it is a lot of fun.

As if its a problem unless self found. But yeah, build is pretty much cheaper version of headhunter tier builds.
Oh god, I wonder how headhunter deals with beachhead maps.

Price range, hc/sc?

Except it's an entire mitigation type. Armor is just not very good compared to pure life. (same with Evasion)

What part of reducing 6k hit into 500 dmg hit is not good exactly?

Crits man, crits. Brass dome is a single unique that all and I mean all armor builds have to be based around

So what? All HP builds pretty much have kaom as best in slot and all lowlife have shavrone. And zombie builds have baron.

There's a difference. Not all life builds need a kaom's to survive. Sure it's a big help, but it's not a "get this or die" difference.
Brass dome on the other hand is. Crits splat high armor builds because GGG can't really understand why people didn't like armor outside of granite flasks.

Yeah, and not all lowlife builds need to use shavrone, some of them use Solaris Lorica.
Do you understand concept of "best in slot"? Do you understand that even with regular 2k armor its still good? but worse than best in slot? Of course you aim to use best in fucking slot for your build. You can make RF build without kaom, but it will be better with it. You can make armor build without brass dome, but it will be better with it. Can you grasp the concept?
Because people are retarded. The more armor you have the more comfortable your gameplay will be.

And then you eat a huge elemental crit which armor does nothing against.
This games problem is the damage spikes, no matter how good your build is and no matter how much life or ES + vaal pact you have, sooner or later a dropbear with +substantial physical damage and powerful crits will one shot you right through all of your defenses.
Armor was never good in this game, but it's bundled with life, and that's why people use it. It does jack shit against huge hits.

Do you understand that every single percent of damage reduction counts? Do you understand that its impossible to have infinite hp? Do you understand that brass dome will give you crit immunity and nigh phys immunity? Do you understand that even if armor provides you with just 4% its still good thing? Do you understand that majority of damage in game is physical damage? Do you understand that you layer your mitigation and even if armor does really fucking small amount its still worth it because its multiplied by everything else?
Do you base all of it on "but its bad versus giant hits, you cant just reduce them into nothing!"? Did you do the math? Did you tried armor? Were you even in endgame once? Do you fucking know that just 10k armor provides significant difference in t15 maps?
Just 10k armor provides you with 14% dmg reduction vs 6k hit. Versus "average" 2k hits it provides with 33% dmg reduction. With base endurance charges you will reduce that damage by 26%/45%. With pantheon and haku you can reduce it by 2+8+6 or 2+8+8. Best case scenario additional 18% versus group of mobs or 16% versus boss.
42% vs boss who hits by 6k or 63% vs group who hits by 2k(they dont really hit that hard). And 1k hits will be fucking reduced by armor alone by 50% and layered into 80% reduction (if you want to).
So with armor you will take 58/37/20% damage compared to 72/70/70%. Or 3400/740/200 vs /4320/1400/700. Or 1.27/2/3.5 times more effective health.
If you just running maps you will get hit by 2k average from boss, and less than 1k from mobs. Even small amount of armor provides good fucking bonus, you fucking retard. With it you can pick other panteon powers if you want to and still increase your effective HP by a lot. Its less effective without other layers, but its still a fucking double effective hp versus average mobs and 1.3more effective hp versus semi hard mobs.

Calm down, nigger. It's just a game.

I almost forgot how horrible Daresso and Kaom were as bosses (that or I just don't know how to deal with Daresso's spammy shit or Kaom's autism). Oh yea, Glacial Cascade is really awesome.

Fuck niggers that cancel trades then fuck off without saying anything.

A hit from him won't kill me and I can leech it back in just a second, but still spooky. Gotta get those keys.

Lab is actually fun now after the 3.0 changes

How much life and what kind of mitigation do you have for uber Argus?

Is anyone else burning out already? The combined crashes, the annoying exception errors, the lack of trading tools so you're stuck with poe.trade, the price fixers, the dead builds… holy shit this expansion is a disaster.

They invested so much for 6 extra acts nobody gives a shit about. It's literally 10% of the time you'll spend playing, the leveling part that by the way sucks balls so you rush it, just to get to maps where you'll spend the remaining 90%. Harbingers are also a retarded waste of time for scraps of loot. Breaches are non existant in maps and the 10% chance for them to appear is a blatant lie, like many others told by chris.
Usually i level multiple characters to high levels but the lack of good new uniques and new skills is fucking retarded.

It's literally standard plus.

I have about 5.2k life, somewhere in the ballpark of 3500 armor, soul of solaris, blood in the eyes from the gladiator ascendancy, dual wield block, immortal call on CoDT, molten shell pops up from that as well occasionally, Lion's Roar as I said for a granite flask, and I carry basalt but didn't need to use that,

I'm not burnt out but I can tell you that the league is lame as fuck and they overnerfed ES and damaging ailments to the fucking ground, I'll drop it as soon as I'm happy with my build.

There's Storm Burst, Dark Pact and Charged Dash. Storm Burst may be shit depending on how you see it but the other two are perfectly fine.

Oh, and Belt of the Deciever counts too, I suppose.

and by perfectly fine you mean wonderfully average, right? they're nothing special, or at least nothing i'd consider running for anything serious.
inb4 you tell me someone did shaper with them, they did shaper with ele hit.

dark pact is legit good, the other 2 are trash, in my opinion though.

I haven't used Charged Dash and have only heard from others that it was good, but Dark Pact it a top-tier skill. In maps I am still using a three-link for it without anything special like rares with +2 to gems, just a simple one with Void Manipulation and Iron Will, and it is still very good.

I'm such an ass, I keep remembering other parts; Arctic Armor is always running and so is the Enfeeble curse, too.

Nice joke. Arctic armor dont work while runing.

Cheeky. And yes it does, it just functions differently.

I can invest in minimal damage and still do absurd amounts which lets me focus on life/mitigation and mana for MoM, this is fucking great.

I'm done until 3.1. Leauge is extremly boring, trading is fucked, mapping isn't as fun with retarded boss HP and density nerfs. 3.0 kind of sucks.

What's your link setup?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHY ARMOR IS BAD YOU DUMBASS

Do you think that you need brass dome to get 10k armor?

Look having a mitigation that's useless against damage spikes isn't good. You no matter your mitigation type will almost never die to small hits over a short period of time, you'll die to Big dick ricardo with added phys and powerful crits hitting you for 15k

Anyone interested in having pic related? I don't have any premium tabs and can't be bothered to trade shit through forums, thought it was too good to throw away even if I have no actual use for it

+135 maximum life is the highest roll you can get through combining the highest T1 life roll and highest T1 life/armor roll

No, 157 is. maximum roll of rapturous is 119, maximum roll of crocodile's is 38.

I must be mixing up other armor pieces then

use aquisition or procurement to sell items without having to dick aorund too much with the forum

So my wander scion is doing fabulously and nuking groups and bosses without too much effort. Just about level 60 and finishing up Act 8.

I only have 2,050 hp and 30% eva, resists are okay. What should I be at? I also don't have dodge yet since the build I'm following didn't seem to allocate it.
I also have a small issue with leech/mana sustain, what are some key nodes here?

…Is there a reason those little totem assholes in Kaom's are immune to curses? It's not much of a problem, usually, but then I ran into a unique one and he wrecked my shit since I sort of rely on Poacher's Mark.

well you're a pussy ranged build so you can get away with having far less defenses than normal.

That's good to know

be sure to have at the very least 3k by act 10, for mana sustain get a jewel with +2 mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks

Dark Pact-Spell Totem-Added Chaos-Void Manipulation-Controlled Destruction-Faster Casting

When bossing I think you can always swap something out for conc effect but I haven't tried it yet.

Probably so that people can't instantly jump to max charges by attacking a pack of extremely weak stationary mobs and also because totems are all by default curse-immune, this includes the ones you cast as the player.

Am I retarded or does path of building not have a pantheon modifier thing yet?

Would I venture to assume that a 6L Soul Mantle would be an ideal body armor? You've gotten me interested enough in the build that I want to try this for myself.

If you plan on going Soul Mantle then you will need to get a Kikazaru for that 40% reduced curse effectiveness, which is enough to turn a level 20 curse into a level 3/4 curse. But yes, it would be an ideal choice since it gives you everything you would want: a lot of totem life, decent amount of spell damage and one free socket. Also Self-Flaggelation could help, since that makes the curses you get from Soul Mantle give you damage per curse on you.

Jesus christ, this is probably never getting replaced on my build

So, Holla Forums, did you give the feather to Irashi or Tasuni?

Tasuni seems too ambitious but wow is Irashi a cunt

I wish it actually mattered. Like Act 2 Bandits.

did you see the shit where the girl says something along the lines of >stuff ran by men will always fail

What the actual fuck is this passive?

made it to act 8 so far 2k health 2k es tri elemental proliforation witch.My chaos golem tanks and is a meat shield and i have managed not to die on every map although if they manage to swarm me I sometimes Die Thank the beast of tingara for lightning warp.

Are you mentally deficient?
On that note, bump for this

it's pretty straight-forward. can you not read?

That was a rhetorical question.

But seriously, it seems worse than just using a melee splash gem by a wide margin.

Do they stack?

it's melee splash 20% inc aoe but doesnt require a gem link. it's pretty good.

I always give it to Tatsuni, since Irashi is a complete and utter cunt. Her only argument is that he is a bad option, she never actually gives any reason why SHE would be a good choice.

user, getting a gem through passives is powerful as fuck, since it frees up one of your sockets, meaning ypu can add something to increase your single-target withput hurting your mob clearing.

6.5k life, 9 endurance charges, 7k armour, 83, 82, 82 resists, around 1000 effective life regen per second. RF juggernaut my dude.
now all i need is kaoms heart.

it doesnt cost you a support gem. support gems usualy give you a 40% more multiplyer.
Its pretty good.

yeah it's getting replaced

Act 3 is more playable now, but 4 just isn't fun (shitty mobs, shitty bosses out of Malachai because all Daresso and Kaom do is spam). League always seemed pointless to me, so I stick with Standard. The new support skills you get in Act 1 make some skills fun to use. It would be nice if they could change the Scion in 3.1 (make her dialogue less cringy and a little more likable).

So I'm building an AoE templar. Pretty vanilla shit, only I looked in my stash and realized I have both Shiversting and Pillar of the Caged God. Either would work equally well, and I can't pick. Pillar has just overall simple effectiveness with more lasting power through percentile bonuses, but Shiversting has neat side bennies and more immediate damage.

Any advice?

Doesnt matter because it'll be a garbage item by level 50

What gives more damage? For fuck sake "lvl 14 build" questions. Cant you think for yourself?

Dont forget effective fortify. But to be honest I think you should invest in damage more. Kaom will probably will give you 1400hp (unless you use belly right now). Defenses look solid, but damage really helps. Since you dont have kaom I assume you dont have good jewelry/jewels either so your damage might be lacking. You probably similar effective as me, but damage really helps and speeds things up. And dont ignore chaos resist, its really fucking good.
Free consecrated ground from inquisitor that provides elemental status immunity.

I was considering this. But then decided to go full leech and onslaught, since I didn't take VP. Also Cyclone probably doesn't benefit anyway.

I don't think I regret it.

Feels good man

Fuck you, that zone was huge

WHAT A FUN BOSS WOWZERS

I did it at 2k life on my newest character and just whirling bladed through shit to dodge.

I had 30% movement speed or more. But if I was inside an attack, it didn't matter because I was already dead

I had 2,900 life+ES total and max resists, about 30% eva (didn't matter) and 60% armor flasked (didn't matter)

Okay it ended up being 55 deaths.
In my defense, I only have 2 ascendency points earned

How? Do you walk into every attack on purpose?

Spoonfeed me please

Is there any non-shit build for Ranger or is she a shite chracter through and through? Haven't played PoE since the beta (remember doing maps but quit before dominus came along).

wew lad

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1810170

If I'm going for a fake tanky build (I avoid damage, but take beatings while spammig aoe stuff), should I aim for armor & evasion gear?

Aim for armour and armour/evasion, any of the other are a waste of time in your situation.

I recently discovered that if you give it exclusive fullscreen, it will pixelate the fuck out of the game and upscale it instead of dropping frames, gotta love dat 22 FPS

I actually have hardly any performance problems. My 980 runs at silky smooth 50-75fps. I'm lucky.

Are you niggers serious?

Finally ripped my ranger in maps. Don't know what I want to play now, kind of want to do everything. Dark Pact or RF looks fun and chill, but I also want to try out GC Mines. But, shit, Frost Blades was so much fun I kind of want to roll the same character again. help me choose faggots

You can be the third guy who has ghost reaver in HC.
poebuilds.io/builds/hc?classParam=All&keystones=Ghost Reaver
Or 3rd assasin.
poebuilds.io/builds/hc?classParam=Assassin
But if you want serious answer, try oro sacrifice flicker.

Is righteous fire the ultimate lazy ass build?
It's kind of scary in HC, but with good pots everything just fucking dies and all you need to do is get HP passives

Actually I've been sort of considering a bleed/poison hybrid build too, but mostly because I really want to make use of some of the stuff Duelist has access to. I could play around with an Assassin tree and see if I get something I like, though, but I like the inherent tankiness Duelist can get much more.

Yes, but later you will be doing a lot of shit like drinking pots and dashing around.

There only could be one poison bleed guy in ladder, and he is probably still alive. Its really hard to die in tier 5 maps.

I think I've mapped out something doable, but not good enough for HC. Not sure if traveling to Duelist from Shadow is worth the nodes at the bottom of the tree. Dirty Techniques sure looks tasty at 50% inc Bleed/Poison but the commitment is probably inefficient.
Without going there it's only 30% chance to bleed from the ascendancy.

Its bad for anything. Its supposed to be viable but only if you invest a shitload into it. And wear full gear of crappy gear with no hp. And doing phys+poison means you have to pick all shadow phys+chaos damage nodes. And get ungoly might somewhere. And poison is okay with any hits, but for bleed you need heavy hits only. Even if you take passive to double your bleed damage its still super easy to stack max number of bleeds on target so you want them to be super heavy. And fucking surprise motherfucker, crits dont affect bleed damage whatsoever unless you pick that shitty passive. And if you do your regular hits will deal less damage and its not even giving 100% crit effect on bleed and crit. So if you invest in crit you will cripple yourself. Only some wonky earthquake with double Warden's Brand can deal some damage with it, but you still deal most of your damage with regular hits. Simple brutality gem or whatever it was, that gives more damage on bleding targets will do better than bleed itself.

Yeah I'm trying really hard to make sense of it but it just doesn't work. It's just so weird that they would put a focus on bleed in the Assassin ascendancy when literally everything else you can pick up from the ascendancy doesn't synergize with bleed at all. Basically the only thing you get out of 4 whole ascendancy points is a 30% more on Crit Poisons and the rest is a wash.
The 20% of Phys as Extra Chaos against Bleeding targets is neat I guess but practically speaking would only work against bosses.

It's just fucking weird because it seems like they really want the player to go hybrid with some builds, especially Duelist since they're sitting near some good Poison nodes and get tons of free Bleed.

Same shit with chieftan. Regen nodes which needed for RF after ignite nodes. Which do fucking nothing. Totem leech life and totems immune to fire damage. RF cant leech life because it dont hit. Totally fucking useless.

>poebuilds.io/builds/hc?classParam=Assassin

If only it dealt any damage. 40% of base hit damage. You might expect fucking 2k dps from poison. According to calk you will deal 2.3k with bleed on starforge build with 250k dps. You cant even expect it to be some portion of your damage. You get more damage from simple frenzy charges for 2 points each.

Bleed is a nice bonus to pure phys builds and a poison enabler for Assassin, but the duelist bleed nodes are terrible damage per point.

Poison is actually amazing single target if you go Viper Strike with its threshold jewel, but aside from that its mediocre.

additional 2% of damage compared to 4% more damage from 2 points invested in frenzy charge. Bleed only scales from "increased damage", "increased dot damage", "increased physical damage", "increased bleed damage" passives. None of weapon damage passives, none of melee damage passives/str affect its damage. You will be fucking lucky if you manage to get 50% increased damage for it from jewels which happen to have increased damage or physical damage on them. Otherwise its damage will be equal to a fucking autoattack without any skill. The only use for it is to have bloodlust on main attack skill and bleed on movement/totem so you will deal more damage with main attack.

It was because it had super good base damage and good scaling. Now they nerfed base damage and that jewel is abysmal. 2 fucking percent increased damage for poison. But if you attack 25 times per second it will result in fucking 200% increased damage with poison in just 4 seconds! Fucking amazing. Unholy might is good, but you can get it elsewhere with stat stick. 35% increased damage jewel will be better in most situations. In most situations you just get additional elemental damage instead of it. 3 fucking assasins out of 1k top players should tell you everything you need to know about it.

So I've noticed the big flaw on my wander is that if I take a hit from a blue mob, it usually does a lot of damage. I don't have a lot of physical reduction, but I can't really upgrade my shitty base items because the mods for damage are otherwise really decent. Resists are shit too.

I also have a problem if monsters aren't positioned in a good spot and my kinetic blast doesn't hit them, or tanky bosses that walk through my tricks

You need to run barrage for single target, kinetic blast can't shotgun on bosses much anymore since they nerfed ice wall.

With the same gem setup, it does about 3400 dps versus Frenzy's 7000 or so

Barrage has a pretty extreme damage increase with gmp and its threshold jewel. Also barrage dps is calculated badly, that's per projectile shot, not if all hit.

Actually here's my current build (based off of whatever tree Mathil posted last week) and it's pretty fun. Right now I'm running KB+GMP+WED+Lightning Damage+Crit Strikes as my main damage, using Herald of Ice, and have a back pocket meme with Ball Lightning, COC, Knockback, and Projectile Weakness… I can basically cast two or three of them and get a boss focused on my golem and against a wall, and they just melt

pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAABAQBeAx4DlgX5Bx4ILgmgDkgPqxEvEYERlhSwFfAWvxmKGY4fQSSLJpUqCysKMHwyATY9N9Q7KD9zSVFLV1FHVUtd8l-wYENh4mHrYqxjp2yMbOduPW-ecFJzcHcHelN7bn11fyt_xoIegwmExYcHhxOJ04w2lS6VzJcGlyGaYZsmm7WcpJ2qn4iio7IZtUi7476AwOPBfMHzwnPDOsSiykrOcM96037dRuKt62PtP-2D8NXxs_bn-WP9bv66

What sort of builds you want, ranger is a catch all these days. Pathfinder has some huge defense and damage if you can afford to super expensive potions. Raider does massive damage fairly safely due to elemental status immunity, and deadeye is made for any ranged build. Pretty much any build can work with ranger starter.

I think I saw he build, sorta generic elemental wander that's been half popular almost every patch. I can almost guarantee that barrage gives more dps in all cases except at extremely close when when boss is caught in a small corner, and even then I feel like the safety would be much better with barrage

You know that you can play fire immune alchemist without much trouble? Complete fucking immunity.

I want these unique gloves to be good but god damn it's hard to justify using gear with no defensive stats. I'm playing a primarily elemental raider so that would be a "permanent" 49% elemental damage.
I also don't fully understand what it means with stealing charges, does that imply that the enemy needs to have charges active for me to steal?

It does nothing.
The only right way to use these gloves is to use them with spell or crown of eyes full phys to ele build. But at a moment you can use any if you have capped resist.

They might be decent for pvp but

dead
WHAT THE FUCK
What should I have done differently? What needs to be upgraded the most? Should I have focused more on ES nodes instead of the tiny number of damage nodes I have?
I am going to play around in PoB and see if I can squeeze some more ES since I only have like 10c currently.
pastebin.com/umTHxLDB
PoB import so you can see my gear and shit

Not got hit.

I just disabled RF and had no issues

I have more ES now at level 73 with like 3 ex in gear than I did at 83 or so on my pizza sticks life dude with 5~ ex gear had life. I don't like getting oneshot.

I am lowlife though, I'm at 25% whilst 30% is lowlife, so I get 30% from the node. I'll get an empower to take that a bit lower when I have some cash.

And this is why you are poor.

6 years GGG. You've had 6 years. pls.

I'm at 6400 and 200 for ES/life.
Currency spent:4c for a level 1 empower to level up because why not.

Back when the league started I asked for the most cancerous build. I was told pizza blast totems. Reporting back with results.

Here I am lvl 78, still can't even get a fucking 5 link, but this build is some pretty next level cancer. Map mods really don't effect me much so I can just pump as much bullshit into them as I want and be alright.

Pretty must been face tanking most of the map bosses. With such a high block rate, immortal call, and shield charge it is easy to disengage if life starts to drop. Topped of with the Gladiator's Violent Retaliation notable passive (%80 increased Phys. Dmg. if you have blocked a hit from an unique enemy recently) and the DPS shoots up to 192K.
This is with a 5-link chest, no uber ascendancy, and low life rolls on the chest, gloves, and belt. Got a lucky Enlighten drop so once that is leveled up I can run Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Arctic Armour for even more mitigation.
With the new Pantheon System what do people think are the most effective/ least effective major and minor gods?
Been using upgraded Ralakesh for the bleed avoidance and blind immunity, to help offset the downside of Abyssus. Normally use Soul of Lunaris for the small move speed buff to help with map clear. I do want to capture Master of the Blade for the extra dodge chance. Trying to see if I can make the build get to single digit chance to be hit by melee, projectile, and spell.

poeplanner.com/AAkAAQEACRQAAHQB3AHnBS0FPAmWEuEUIBRNFHEV7Bo4G_ohYCXfJy8ppS3SMZ41kjkOOuE7O0CgQT9Hfkh4TeNQR1HmV1RZ814TXz9hUmVNbydvO3KpdO108Xasd1N343gNeWh673zZggeE2YTvhVKHaoqzivCPYJBVkGyRzpLQk6iUh5d5mAqaap7Fns2fPqLqpBmmV6cwqSepbqmUrKqtjbXytqS5HbvtvTa-p8AawQTEgsVTypDPftIh2L3ZYdl83DLelt-y5FHpRuoY6wnvDu9O8kHyRfcy-Ov8S_4K_o8McCefO7aFp4a0pTWygPVhAW87DwIwAgAAAgFQAAEKAAAAAAAAAfM6AK0BFAECMgB4AAYFAUABAQGIBAABngIHAb4ACAGGAQsBlgAFBx89ABMAjwATAFcAEwCJABAU_QAGCzMA3gIUA7AAAZABBQMB7AQAAWwCDAHCAQ4BwgH_DgFsAgQHD_0AEwAkARMADQATABkAEwAhAAoCAAEBaAEFCQGMAAABUgMLAbgBEgGMAP8HATIAAAAANADgABQDYgAABhABTAkGAXYCAAFcAxIBQAEFAQMAGAEoAAQHD5AAEwDfABAApgATAIsAEgAxApcCFAEBLAEFAcgAArwC_gsBkAEBZAAB0gAFDx9OABMAFAETABkAEwAGABAADQATAAAhAKoCAAEBggAFFwF8ARgBfAEZAVoACgECAP8GAfoAAAAAJwCiAgABAZYABgAB-AIUAQ0AAQFyARgB0gAZAb4A_w8CHgBGAAAAACMAXwIAAQG-AAURATYBBAI8AHgACAGMAAABPgP_GgHmAAAAADEALQEUAQHIAAUAAUgDCwELAA0B8AAGAfoA_xUBWAIEBQ-rAAcAPAABB_wAEQB9ABIADQBWAhQAAQABRgUAAAAQAJABFAEBZAABAQEYAQAAABIAkgEUAQLIAJYAAQEByAAAAAAUAI0BFAEBMHUCAQFKAQ0BkAEAAAASAJYBFAEAAhsBeAAQAQQAAAAA

Let's see if this works. R8 my meme build.

All I have to do is run circles around izaro and let them do the work, this is so stupid and I love it. it shouldn't be working; but perhaps i've never truly given totems enough love

right, fortify is mandatory for any build that can get it.
damage is pretty solid, i'd say. not enough for guardians/shaper yet, but i can clear red maps easy and fast and uber izaro dies like a bitch.
ive actualy managed to roll a few realy good jewels myself that would have cost a fortune to buy. all of them with at least 6% life and at least one damage mod, the good ones have two.
other jewlery is a bit lacking. ive managed to get my marble amulet to 1.6% regen, but i currently lack the alterations and regals to make something decent of it (not even thinking about slamming exalts yet). and for rings kaoms way is basicly mandatory. my chaos resist is shit though and its cost me a few deaths. but good gear with chaos res is expensive as hell.

also the unstoppable ascendancy node is fucking hilarious. you cant get slowed below movespeed, which also works while youre frozen. if there was a reliable way to self freeze, winterheart + juggernaut would be hilarously broken with 20% life regen while frozen and still being able to move and use skills.

Nice

This is going much better than I expected.

So how does this work? You just slap down a totem and it uses the totem life for extra big hits? Do you build poison for extra ailment damage, or just big chaos hits?

Jesus christ buying things in bulk is annoying.
After a solid half hour of buying maps I have 44 of them.

Just shape your atlas, purchase harbinger orbs, purchase t11 maps for 1c, harbinger them, run few of harbinger maps and you will have all the maps you need.

Yea, You can actually go 100% invulnerable, sustaining it is pretty hard though, plus you have to use CI and a shit bow so it's not really worth it.

Just made 34 chaos in about 5 minutes, don't know how repeatable it is. I bought a tier 11 and 12 map, I used 2 harbingers on the first and got a unique beachhead. I used 1 harbinger orb on the second and got a unique beachhead. Both sold for 17 each. I wonder is you could just repeat this, buying maps and harbinger orbs with the chaos you make. Maybe I just got really lucky with the harbinger orbs.

You need at least 100-200c to make real profits in poe. With it you can make currency just by flipping currency and other shit. Poor playrs sell items for lowest possible price while rich ones sell them for real value.
And start doing red maps with monster pack size. Currency will flow your way if you have a lot of good shit for sale.

I would probably have a lot more fun in this game if I'd stop being a spaghetti lord and learned to trade. I'm not sure how to appraise things and my non-confrontational nature makes it difficult to haggle.

look up items with similar stats on them and go from there

Install trade macro, but dont trust prices too much. Softcore apparantly filled with scambots.

Oh and install good loot filter.
github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter/releases
This one is okay, for general use I recommend using semi strict. Its not perfect but after you learn what you need you adjust it yourself. Normal filter only good before you reach maps.

Trade macro.
github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro

But to be honest trading is almost impossible without premium stash tabs. But you can use procurement or acquisition to set up a shop. Never used them.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710
github.com/xyzz/acquisition/releases

You should also check atlas shaping videos and general currency making videos.

whoops, posted this in another thread by accident.

If they keep this up maybe it'll be worth playing a couple of weeks before the league ends.

You mean after?