Headphones thread

I really don't know diddly fuck about headphones but I know enough that I don't want a mic/headphone combo headset. But I also need my headphones to be over the ear so it can't be shitty earbuds, and I also need it to be wireless.
I'm willing to pay up for something decent but it can't be exorbitant luxury shit, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cancelling-Wireless-Bluetooth-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B019U00D7K/ref=sr_1_58?ie=UTF8&qid=1503001655&sr=8-58&keywords=wireless headphones
bottlehead.com
headphonesencyclopedia.com/best-bluetooth-headphone-adapters/
amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B003EM8008/ref=zg_bs_12097478011_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JQ8RA65YJDH0HFEFWEYQ
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503116035&sr=8-5&keywords=audio technica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh yeah, should've mentioned as well that I need oversized earcups because I wear glasses.
Can these be used wirelessly? I heard some people pull it off by snapping a wireless transmitter on the audio jack on the headphones

Why does it come with 8 vials of the T-Virus?

I'm down to my last pair of headphones after destroying all others through heavy (10+ hours a day every day) usage. I need headphones made of titanium. Construction must be absolutely sound.

What would you guys recommend? I've been through beyer DT770's, Koss proDJ100, and Superlux HD660's, all destroyed within a year or two of purchase.

Got these. Will never ever have to buy others again.

God damn, I wish I had the luxury to spend that much on headphones

Costed me 400 back then but worth the price, I never spend much money anyways but I wanted to treat myself for once.
The thing is I normally burned through a lot of shitty earbuds or headphones fast. This thing however, nothing. It sturdy as fuck, it's sounds crystal fucking clear and it sits nice on the head. You can customize it and replace shit too if need be. This thing will be able to last a life time or two. I also use it for studio related shit.

My complain however is the cable, it long and you cannot detach it. But I'm gonna mod it so I can.

Oh man yeah I usually take autistically good care of electronics so longevity isn't much of an issue
And good looking snatching it up on discount because I can't even find what you posted anywhere

And you also have the balls to mod something so drastically with an expensive purchase. Damn son

Bought it via Massdrop when some discount shit was going on, so I snatched it because I had my eyes on it for awhile.

Well I'm the kind of autist that always wants to modify shit. I learned a lot from fucking up other stuff so I trust myself enough to handle things this expensive.

To be fair though cable mods aren't all that complicated. But I just can't justify spending $400 -$500 on a headphone. For that money you could just get a pair of jbl lsr308s and reach speaker endgame right there.

True but again I do studio shit and I needed headphones like these for what I do. I don't have much space either.

If VR give birth to widespread head tracked 3D audio then I'd probably also put down the money for something like these, or some hd650s.

If you really want good headphones and and wireless you're gonna have an easier time just finding detachable cable ones and using some separate wireless emitter/receiver kit.

Look up Superlux, most of their stuff can really be described as being slightly crappier versions of "insert $200-$400+ headphones" for a fraction of the price
There's also another fact to consider is that good headphones for music have different criteria than good headphones for vidya.

My dad had a monitor headphones from Sony he bought 30 years ago. It worked for 20 years until I fucked it up.

Sadly this is an underserved market. Every affordable pair of headphones I have ever seen uses plastic.
I've had some success with this type of headphone support. (I also highly recommend this model to everyone. An incredible value.) I never had this type of support break on me before, but I imagine it's easier to fix than your typical hinge.

If they're the model I'm thinking of, they're arguably the most fragile headphones I have ever used. I have broken more than one pair of those.

I'm currently using these, they're great because they make everything sound like it was made 20 years ago

no one has bothered making good headphone guides since 20xx

10 women to 10 will fuck the man on the right

I use these, super fuckin comfy and great sound. Hope you like open back though.

But you didn't link or state anything at all. What model? What headphone support? This is important.

Fuck, I forgot my image.

Looks strong and the price is right. However, is there a comparable closed-back one I could purchase? Open back, even semi-open back, is not for me.

Ignore this, I'm retarded. The next one up, the SR950's are closed back. Still the same price too, so that's good. Should have nearly identical sound as well.

Oh. I wish I knew about those before I bought my 960's. The only gripe I have with them is that they're open.
Well, that and no detachable cable. If you want that, you can get it with the same drivers for around the same price with the Superlux HD-668B. But they're open headphones so you should probably ignore this.

Detachable cord is an objective plus, though I don't make use of it often. I don't mind open headphones; I've got some Audio Technica ATH-AD700's and they're the most comfy headphones I've ever worn in my life, with great soundstage and treble (no bass though), but I'm often surrounded by nerds. Can't have my anisongs and denpa blasting like that.

The next time I order some cans, I'll probably get the 950's, the Koss Portapro's (from here ), and the Superlux HD681's. Mostly because I'm trying to keep in mind structural integrity and those seem fairly strong, while also meeting audio-needs. They're cheap too so I can snag all of them for about 100 quid.

I'd advise against the portapro for several reasons
They're fragile as fuck structurally, especially the plastic parts.
The drivers membrane will fuck itself if you try to listen to anything that has a lot of bass in it, only headphone I've ever had this problem with and after sending it back for the third time I called it quits and just bought something else.

Also if you're going for a pair of Superlux and like closed headphones give the 662 EVO a glance, I liked them over the 681 personally but I like V-shaped sound signature so might wanna take that into consideration.

Why not just buy some 100 quid headphones instead of all that shit?

Thank god you chimed in. Feels like I dodged a bullet. I'll remove those fags and keep the 662's in mind. I'm already snagging the Samson SR950's, which have a nearly identical build to them. If those last, I'll pick up the 662's.

Maybe read the thread of conversation? I've broken almost all of my good expensive headphones. I'm just trying to find something ludicrously durable right now that also doesn't sound like shit. Cheap is good for this.

How good are the Kraken 7.1 V2? I want people who have actually tried them to say their opinion please. Thanks

I didn't own them but I did demo a pair at Best Buy once and it was really muffled. I dunno how it did it but it made those nerf gun sound effects in Call of Duty sound like its being played in a foam booth.

Also does anybody have experience with these headphones?
amazon.com/Cancelling-Wireless-Bluetooth-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B019U00D7K/ref=sr_1_58?ie=UTF8&qid=1503001655&sr=8-58&keywords=wireless headphones
All I know is, its gotta be wireless and I'd prefer having no mic since I already have an external

You can make any pair of headphone wireless, don't get suckered into overpaying for a pair of subpar headphones just for that.

I used to have some Sennheisers that had some great sound, but I've been sticking with some dinky cheap JVC Flats that have surprisingly decent range and aren't annoying with extended wear. I just got real fucking tired of wearing ear muffs all day and I abuse headphones a bit too much because I get absent-minded about having them on. I managed to snap the headband on those Sennheisers, so I don't know if that's a build quality thing or just me being rough.

If you want a nice budget pair of studio over-ear headphones I'd recommend AKG's K240 MkII.
Pros:

Cons:

Got any suggestions?
Also how do I make any pair wireless?

If you like building things, look here for superb tube amps for headphones, bottlehead.com
For headphones, check out the offerings from oppodigital.com

Those Koss ones are pretty horrible to wear or even manage with that fuggy headband. I think I still have a pair just as an emergency backup to my backup backups.

My bad I thought link breakage was global

headphonesencyclopedia.com/best-bluetooth-headphone-adapters/

If you want cheap as fuck Superlux or one of their clones, for 20-50 bucks you get something you won't really beat unless you want to pay 150+
If you've got a big budget then you're gonna have to look more specifically at what you wanna use those headphones for first.

Been using dirt cheap sony headphone for over 3 years with almost no problem aside from bad connection when in wet weather when I'm outside.

Nigga you eating crack or some shit.

Any specific Superlux you got in mind? I don't know shit about those

Depends on what you want but I'd go 668b / 681 Evo /662 Evo depending on whether you want closed or open and if it's mostly for vidya or general use.

Thanks, homie, I got these in a list to look out for now

Thanks user

amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B003EM8008/ref=zg_bs_12097478011_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JQ8RA65YJDH0HFEFWEYQ

I own another pair of headphones but I basically only ever use these. They're cheap, noise cancelling, surprisingly good, and get the job done. They generally don't break by themselves but I will sometimes accidentally break them which doesn't matter since they're so friggin cheap. Plus they're earphones so you can use them anywhere without looking like a degenerate.

Looks neat for my phones but I really would rather avoid using in ear for computer use.
Looks neat though, will probably nab these fucks for my phone

I got a Razer Carcharias I was young and stupid some time ago, and it's always had this buzzing sound that seemed to match whatever my computer was doing at the time. The noise changed depending on which programs I had open at the time. I did some research on the topic, and it appears that the fact that it is powered with a separate USB connection was the problem here. I need to build a filter circuit with two capacitors and an inductor.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone else have any more insight to share on this?

Get some real headphones and throw that garbage away. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.

I'm not the kind of guy to do that, I like to stick to my investments to the end.

That's why I still use a 5:4 1280x1024 monitor I bought in 2005.

I have these. I would suggest getting big velour earpads for them as their default pads are like rocks. After you get good earpads for them they're very comfy, probably the most comfy headphones I've had. Alternatively, if you don't like open headphones there's the Superlux HD661 also good. Default earpads on HD661 are good but velour earpads are still nicer. My HD661 have outlasted my HD668b, I had to fix the cable coming out of the HD668b after a little over a year of use. The HD661 haven't needed any repairs. Their design is like Sony MDR-V6 but better in many important ways like channeling the wires through a rigid tube to keep them from fraying and also having a detachable cable. My Sony MDR-V6 have been torn down repeatedly to fix them until I gave up on the original design and just ran the cables outside the headband, also modded them for detachable cable.

Those are the headphones I have. Nothing that cost me over 100 bucks. I would buy the HD668b again provided I also got comfy earpads for them because they're ridiculously comfy with velour earpads. I would also suggest either that rigid tube design or running wires from each can separately because running wires through a flexible headband will eventually lead to fraying the wiring and having audio cut out in one ear.

don't buy this shit or else enjoy your tinnitus

Currently using SonicGear Airphone 300L
Was only looking for something that has bluetooth which I can use my phone with to listen to music.
Works nicely with PC too.

So far so good!

Are these headphones solid?
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503116035&sr=8-5&keywords=audio technica

still using these babies, though I have replaced the ear pads.

Why not get the M50s? They are universally regarded as good.

Because 150 is definitely out of the price range. Whereas 99 buckaroos only skirts the edge of how much I'm willing to pay

These are good, would get a pair if I didnt already have something for music on my phone etc.
I got given a pair of turtlebeach px11's gfrom a friend that I use when talking to peopel on the rae times I play multiplayer. the other times I use speakers.