Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
rpgsite.net/interview/5747-a-brief-chat-with-the-developers-of-monster-hunter-world
gamesmakingnoob.com/2014/07/monster-hunter-freedom-unite-controls.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Waiting for contest followup link. I want to see how far Infinity goes.

I bet it drops out due to it being reposted on leddit.

has it been? got an archive?

can you exclude frogs, but allow nips?

It's PS4-only for JP so you likely won't have the chance if you're playing on PC.

Just making well founded assumptions.

I hope that when deviljho interrupts a hunt in worlds, it's as much of a derailment as this.

All that corny music

How can nintendo even compete?

That's sad

sage for shitty post

And with world shaping up to be worse than XX, I think we're seeing capcom kill another franchise.

what does crapcom even have left? I thought Monster hunter was the last jewel in the crown after megaman died.

Salty grapes. No amount of whining on the planet will bring MonHun back to Nintendo.

I know it's bait, I was just pointing out how sad it is that people are actually excited this is coming to their own consoles

I don't care which platform monhun goes to, I just want a good game and world looks like shit.

Educate yourself

PSA

Dude, anyone talking about nintendo is baiting. just filter them.

No one can give any solid counter arguments for the shit design choices in World.

Not bring it to nintendo console seems like a good design choice imho

Capcom's dead at this point, really.

And than I hear this. That is awesome.

Anyone here know if I'll be able to transfer my save from MHXX on 3DS to MHXX on Switch and how that is going to work if I can?

Looks like i found the salt mining thread.
Check out the lengthy, articulate, exhaustive argument in this mp4.

It's going to be X-2. They've actually managed to regress SA by getting rid of one of the only good things XX did out of all the bullshit HAs and styles, to double down on what it did wrong. I just hope axe mode is actually decent in World, and maybe they're merge some of Tempest Axe's buffs into it by default or something like that, but from what's been shown SA looks like it's going to be the same shit as X but flashier and more acrobatic.

NEW FUCKING TRAILER ASSHOLES!!

NEW MONSTERS TOO!!

I'd honestly rather just have even more raths

user, you need to get your priorities straight.

At least the footage of that made it look like they changed the fight enough to not just be hip checks and anger

Found another video, this one shows off some of the hubtown

This is absolutely fucking nice____, what the hell was Crapcom even thinking?

ok
I like the book thing though

Not gonna lie, the game's looking better, there's still some iffy color issues going on but there's also some areas were the game does look nice. Hopefully there will be a way to disable a bunch of shitty UI elements like damage numbers or that heartbeat tracking thing, otherwise I'll have to mod those the fuck out.

Then again these trailers are meant to hype people, so I'll wait until people get their hands on the full game, of course.

Will Barroth continue to be the noob destroyer?

Probably not, they want to attract westerners after all and he was already nerfed to oblivion with 3U.

I'm glad Barroth and Diablos are back.

In Vanilla Tri, he was a full stop to any casual fucker out there.

what?

0:16 in the vid.

I apparently mistook Barroth for a muddy Duramboros from the angle.

I think that's just Barroth covered in mud.

Lavasioth did nothing wrong. He's the one good thing to have come out of frontier, and the only piscine wyvern that's actually fun. Unlike Plesioth he actually has more than 3 attacks, and unlike Cephadrome he isn't fucking Cephadrome. I'm so happy to see that there's a mud Lavasioth now who can replace that annoying asshole, Mudasioth is going to be to Cephadrome what the Great Wroggi was to Iodrome: the concept of a desert-dwelling piscine wyvern done better and completely invalidate the old one's existence and then he'll never come back ever again just like Wroggi because Crapcum hates fun. Holodromer when? All -dromes must be removed.

That elder dragon looking thing looks kind of cool. He reminds me of Miralis. I also like baby Chameleos, looks like he's too young to have AIDS yet.

english version dropped

Agree with you there

I cringed so fucking hard, my toenails curled up all the way into my urethra.

Here's something I really want to whine about that no-one's brought up yet.
Why the frontier remobras for transport? Why not a fucking aptonoth pulled carriage like has always been the no.1 canon form of transport in the mainline game. Hell there's even one modelled in the sandy plains, not to mention the couple that appear in some of the ecology videos. Sure it wouldn't move that fast, but is it really so hard to suspend disbelief that your cart just happened to arrive in time when called into a current quest than it is to imagine you flew in there hanging onto a scrawny fucking snake wyvern?

>"flame pattern decals for your sky lizard" DLC to show the other hunters what a radical dude you are only 3.99$
Where's my job offer, Crapcom?

That's gruesome, seek medical help.

Just noted that now, but being able to rollback a weapon upgrade will be a good thing to have.
Also being able to see the weapon tree in-game makes shit way better.

PRIMAL FOREST DLC PACK

HEAVENS MOUNT DLC PACK (INCLUDES SANCTUARY MAP) DOUBLE VALUE!!
Every month a new DLC pack with returning maps and monsters.
BUY NOW.

I warn you all now before it happens.

to be fair, Remobra aren't very small and are a hell of a lot more durable than they seem.

But honestly? I believe it's to justify the whole "drop in-drop out" aspect that hunts will allow, as well as the remobra doubling as a farcaster/homing pigeon.

I too prefer the idea of Aptonoth/Gargwa/Popo pulled transport.

>he attempts multi zone drifting

Lets not forget that sweet sand skiff with the sleeping aptonoth in the Sandy Planes in Tri.

NEW TRAILER

Wrong thread Todd

beat you to it.

How do we follow the weapon drawing contest?

Dunno, but I found this little nugget of gold in the terms & conditions for NA entries.

What the fuck?

>HYPE INTENSIFY

Kek, but why?

Ah, it's a weird anti-gambling law workaround.

No.

Huh. Interesting.

World looks good, hopefully this means we get a Dragons Dogma 2.

That'd mean Capcom would have to actually care enough about their other IPs. As well as caring enough to actually bother making something good from them.

They've already got DDO, the IP's not popular enough or simple enough for capcom to pump out yearly rereleases

Its popular enough for them to re-release it on xbone and ps4 instead of giving it a proper sequel. Theyre practically giving it the skyrim treatment.

No Capcom are just fucking desperate and the PC port did exceptionally well. This is something that won't take a lot of cash or time to put out and has a chance of eeking out some profit. Making a sequel now on modern consoles would take a lot of cash and money which significantly decreases the chance of profit. If the console ports magically sell like 3-5 million though it might actually happen sadly I doubt that will happen though. I'd love a switch port for Dark Arisen though.

It came out like half a year after Skyrim, the idea's not ridiculous

That crappy port of SF2 actually sold really well so Capcom have said they are going to put a lot of focus on the Switch so it actually isn't that unlikely.

Mark pls go

Imagine how shitty a switch port for MHW would be like

It will undoubtedly be severely gimped or just plain run like ass.

Actually with the switch the opposite is always true. Since the screen is only 720p the game runs better. If a game shits the bed in only 1 mode it's when it is docked. Since it outputs at 1080p and the dock doesn't give it any boost or anything.

What were they thinking?

They're thinking they can release a new version in a year or two that's just a dock with shit in it so people can keep the tablets they already have and just replace their useless plastic stand

That actually wouldn't be terrible.
Beats having to but an entirely new system.
People who buy consoles on day one nowadays deserve it though.

Knowing ninty, they'd probably only release it standalone, so people who don't already have it would have to buy both
And of course they would jack the price up so that it makes the maximum profit while still looking like a steal compared to the main system

When Iwata was alive, I would've disagreed that they would be that purposefully underhanded, but considering the company's now in the hands of investors who see it purely as "that tech thing we invested in that we want to milk for all it's worth" you're probably 100% right.

Wasn't Iwata still alive when they were selling 3ds xl's without chargers

Wasn't that only a thing for the foreigners? I'm pretty sure my LL came with a charger.

Hm, no, never mind, it does look like even at home that was the case. Fuck I'm getting old, my memory's gone to shit, I swear it had a charger.

Um excuse me that plastic stand converts a USB-C connection to HDMI and 2-USB ports. Plus it scratches your screen if you aren't careful. All for the the low low price of 90$.

No it's actually the opposite in Japan Nintendo stopped selling consoles with hookups right out the gate. The Super Famicom didn't come with a power adapter because it used the same one as the famicom. The 3DSes stopped shipping with chargers first in Japan then for foreigners.

What do you guys think about the new monsters?

I'm pretty sure the mudfish is just a lavasioth that swims in mud. The new bird wyvern and lizard thing look pretty cool though. That wasteland trailer actually got me kind of excited for the game.

I hoping that the fight with that massive elder dragon doesent go like a painfully dragged out and slow lao shen long fight, but more like a chaotic intense gogmazios fight, but considering who this game is trying to cater for i doubt that will happen.

I want the Kulu-Ya-Ku not to just block with rocks, i want it to try to beat the shit out of hunters with them too. That would make for some hearty keks. The down syndrome chameleos looks pretty cool, but if he steals my items with that lick attack im going to be livid. I kinda dont care about the mudsioth tough.

They aren't flying wiverns, meaning they're good.
Bird seems weak.
Mudfish might be annoying.
Lizardbro looks fun.

I thought peoples are complaining about the face pace action makes the game "casualize". Even the director itself said the reason MH isn't big on the west is because it was too slow.

Wow the music at :40 is literally the Forest&Hills theme.

It wasn't because it was slow, it was because it was difficult.

More like it's not popular in the west because its been on the Wii and 3DS. Seriously, those systems are fucking death-traps for western audiences. Going for the other consoles and PC is the right move, if that's all they want. You wouldn't believe the hype for PC audiences and that game.

rpgsite.net/interview/5747-a-brief-chat-with-the-developers-of-monster-hunter-world

Yeah, I've seen the bizarre PC fetish Westerners have, considering how many people have come out hyped for the game in spite of it looking like hot garbage.

Do we have source on the actual words Tsujimoto had to say? I've never heard Tsujimoto speak English before, so I'm pretty sure this is someone's translation instead of what he actually said.

The influx of shitters is going to be worse than ever before.

they're hyped because it's a monhun game coming to PC, I told you already: Wii and 3DS repelled people like no tomorrow.

Yeah, I really don't get the whole brand loyalties people develop. It'd be one thing if it was a piece of hardware that in it's very construction is impossible to have proper games on like smartphones, but the way people develop brand loyalties to shit like Nintendo or Sony, or even to things that aren't a specific brand like the PC just baffles me.

its from E3 interview, he have a translator with him. Even with proof, therese no convincing you nintendrones, just admit that you mad that World isn't on Switch or worse, 3DS

This is why people deride consolefags

That's not the same interview. Again, I want source, considering the only thing I've heard officially without being filtered through someone else's translations is Fujioka's statement on how they felt the global wall with foreigners getting frustrated at the strategy the combat required.

Explain it to me then, because I've been seeing a lot of people defending World solely because it's on the PC as if that will magically make it a better game.

source?

Because i can pirate it for free, you idiot. And then cheat or mod it the way i want. No money wasted and ability to mess with game files. Of course that's better than being a buyfag console user. I don't even need to search for a fucking job to play new Monster Hunter.

That doesn't mean the game will be good, that just means you're not spending money on it. Besides, by that argument, there's no difference from the 3DS at this point, considering how wide open that thing's been cracked.

How does that make it good?

Hahaha no.

1. 3ds has shit graphics from ps1 era
2. you need to buy a 3ds

Being on PC is an overall more enjoyable playing experience for many people. You have the possibility for better graphics, more control options, better performance, mods, and all the other advantages of PCs. So it may not be a brand loyalty issue for many. Games should ultimately be judged on their own merits regardless of the platform, but the fact of even having a PC version will get World more attention in the West.

Makoto-san, you're by far the worst sperg i've seen on Holla Forums.
We know you're angry that the filthy gaijins are cucking you with capcom-senpai, or whatever it passes through this jap head of yours, but it's time to let go.

Could be neat if done right, but the largest monsters in Mon Hun end up scripted as shit because they are so big the arena has to be built around them. Gogmazios was neat if you fought him on the ground, but he felt a lot like Gore Magala. Shit like Dire Miralis are just irritating, and any of the Mohran species are literally platforms you fight. Maybe they will finally let you climb up this monster, but I'm still betting on it being scripted as shit.

I like it. Looks like the bastard child of chameleos and gypceros. Lets hope it steals shit from you and generally ruins your day

a neat mechanic that he can pull up different things depending on where it is

Looks like a carbon copy of Lavasioth, but in mud. That's okay. It's better than plesioth and is rather fun to fight. Barroth would wreck his shit

I've never gotten the obsession with this. As long as you can tell what you're doing, what does it really matter? Hell, what we've seen of World makes it look WORSE than previous titles because of all the glowy crap.

Like remapping controls? I do miss when that was a more common feature, Rockman X for instance is much better when you remap Dash to L from A, so that would be good.

Not sure what you mean here.

Like?

See, considering what Western attention does to games though, that sounds more like a downside than an upside.

no Makoto, he means actual control options, you can play on the keyboard, with a dualshock4, xbox 360 pad or a fucking DK bongo if you so desire.

you don't know what mods are?

freedom of choice, support tools available on the same system you play at, easy as fuck access to internet, various voice chat options without using another device, i can't believe you never played on a fucking PC makoto, you disappoint us all.

I feel you, i also don't like netorare.

Ah, so so being able to use different controllers. I guess that would be a thing nowadays since they all use USB instead of proprietary connectors now.

Not in this context, since I presume we don't mean BBS moderators.

For the gamepads you mean? Or for something else?

What kind of support tools?

The only reason I even have my 3DS connected to the Internet is for FreeShop. Overall I think connecting the games to the Internet has been one of the bigger mistakes we've seen happen, considering it's led to an era of abandoning QA because "oh we can just patch it over the Internet later."

I think the only game I've played that even used a microphone was the original Zelda.

I have, I use it to emulate some of the harder to find Fami or SuFami games and the like.

That's never been a good thing with any single Capcom franchise. Turning westward destroyed Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry, Marvel vs Capcom, etc. I don't know why you'd assume Monster Hunter is immune from this awful curse.

Except he's mudflap's bitch, according to the trailer. Forevially tied-up mudified

I was just explaining why a PC version would be exciting for some people. This is a separate issue from the actual quality of the game and how faithful it is to the series. I'm not happy at all about the changes World is making. It's quite concerning as a long time fan. I don't care what platform a game is on if it's a good game, and World doesn't look good to me.

Pretty much this. It's a PS4 exclusive here, and if I had any confidence in the game at all I'd probably get a PS4 to play it, but as is, it just looks like a pile of shit.

I don't know what the fuck happened to this console gen, but none of the mainlines have jack shit. Xbone is a wasteland, PS4 is a wasteland, Switch is a wasteland. When I got a PS3 there were like 5 games that I really wanted to play on it, and I was willing to put up with reduced performance in some games for the benefit of being able to play other games at all.

MH World is literally the first PS4 game I've seen since the platform was launched that I would actually play.

It's the same as last gen for me, the PS3 didn't catch my attention until 2012, so I anticipate the PS4 will pick up steam in about two years or so. In general though, over the past decade and a half games have pretty much moved to the handhelds, almost everything worth playing has been GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, and Vita titles.

I wish Nintendo weren't such fucking retards with the Switch. The WiiU was a huge flop and it's been clear since the Gamecube that Nintendo cannot compete at all in the home console market. They managed to stay afloat 100% on the back of the DS and 3DS, but instead of latching on to that and continuing their legacy of handheld domination Nintendo had to go and release a fusion of handheld and home console that doesn't really satisfy EITHER group. Switch is too big and has too small of a battery to be a handheld, but it's not powerful enough nor thermally stable enough to be a home console.

It's a shitshow and the only glimmer of hope on the horizon is the fact that the MH team specifically called out PC as a platform they want to put MHW on.

First I've heard. Why's it PS4 exclusive here then?

Well, that explains why you're not getting why people want it on PC.
You will not understand until you broaden your horizon in that regard.

Guy it was like one of the first things they tweeted after the announcement.

"Broaden my horizon" in what way then?

That's not the actual makers though, that's foreign shit. I have yet to hear anything from Tsujimoto or Fujioka suggesting that PC was a key thing, though considering World is basically a Western game from the ground up, it wouldn't surprise me.

Play games on PC, get to know why people like it so much, look at the modding community, give a look at the hardware adaptability, shit like that.
Most people don't understand what is so appealing in playing on PC until they start playing on it.

But I do, I tend to run a lot of older stuff on it since I don't have a TV that can hook up to a SuFami anymore.

Do you even speak japanese you faggot? he said literally the same thing, the game is too slow

No he didn't. He said, specifically, that "we put in a portion where you stop after taking an action as part of the tactics, but there are people who don't play simply because of that." That's not because the game is too slow, it's because they're casuals who hate having to balance risk and reward.

Maybe they don't like slow ass game, now you can do crazy moves like Dante, which is better in my opinion. And we all know my opinion > your opinion

For retards that think they should be able to roll out of anything, even their worst mistakes, and that the Health Fairy should conjure you consequence-free healing out of thin fucking air.

At least when people are depending on Healing Horn cats it's actually making the monster about 3x as deadly because they keep using big/wide sweeping attacks to hit the cats or the cats move behind you when they have aggro and you eat a charge. What they've shown so far for World is an out-and-out casualization for the lowest common denominator.

There's certainly a number of upsides of being on PC, and they've already been enumerated several times. However, the worst implication of it being on PC, aside from finding a market of people who are already gobbling down Season Passes and paid DLC, is the potential "balance patches" that could come out of it. Game too hard? Just cry about it in reviews and on forums until the devs patch away all the difficulty, because hey fuck Games-As-A-Product, we're all about Games-As-A-Service here on PC. "We're Developers That Listen To Our Community" and that's why this monster does 30% of the damage it used to.

look at all these implications

where do I heard that before

I know, right? MonHun really needs a lock-on, if it wants to be taken serious as a Soulslike™.
Tell ya what, you send me 20 bucks and I kill that Great Jaggi for you.

It's just the sad reality of having easy access to feedback from people of dubious quality, and a platform which accepts and encourages frequent updates to the game and balance. PC has, over time, cultivated people who are more likely to take to forums to complain about something being difficult and demanding it be changed than they are to just acquire proficiency or at least bash their head against the brick wall until the brick wall gives in.

Anecdotes of games that have been ruined by casual playtesters are legion. With the expected patch structure of new PC games, the entire pool of players that give feedback via reviews, forum posts, etc, can be considered playtesters. Patches are made and shaped based on their feedback. When you're not buying a complete game but a game plus several bits like a season pass or season pass + more DLC then you have to make sure that they can chew and swallow that bite of the game and are hungry for more, instead of just laughing that they were walled at Pink Rathian until they eventually quit.

The absolute best hope I have for MHWorld is that it's one large bait-and-switch and all of these casualized features are to get the subhumans through low rank and then High/G rank pulls the rug out from under them and then suddenly you can't just grapple your dumb ass back onto a mount you failed, scoutflies lead you into dangerous ambushes, Monster speed and tracking is upped making chugnroll just as dangerous as regular mega drinking, and so on, but I think that's a faint hope at best.

The best hope I have for World at this point is that it crashes and bombs so hard that game companies stop considering the West as a viable market forever.

What?

PSP, Wii and 3DS don't have basic usable camera controls because of their lack of a second stick.
Unless you want to count awkwardly touching a d-pad on the touch screen that moves the camera in a non analogue fashion a proper camera control.

PSP worked fine, you used your index finger to do the camera while your thumb handled movement. Never played the Wii version, but I'll agree that original 3DS without a Slide Pad Pro was pretty awful, hence why they packaged it with the game for 3G. The New 3DS's stick works fine though.

The game is so poorly made that even when you connect the pad pro to the 3ds the camera still works like touching the dpad on the screen. What's the fucking point of adding support for an analog stick if it doesn't control like an analog stick?

It's still pretty fucking awful.

I'm not sure what you're talking about then, because the only problem with the D-Pad was positioning, it worked fine for camera controls otherwise.

It worked.
It didn't work "fine".

Again, not sure what you're talking about, once I got the hang of clawing on the PSP or using the N3 nubstick, camera wasn't really a problem, which is unusual for 3D games for me.

How about some new species for your new game you lazy shits? At least add onto the newer species like fanged wyvern, amphibian, or any of the bug types.

How are nintoddlers coping?

So we have a grand total of one actual species of fanged wyvern, across two (maybe 3) generations and at least 6 games. The species 4th gen added are looking barren too. Like Fanged Wyvern, Temnoceran has one species, and Snake Wyvern has one species and a retconned small monster. Why do they even bother given them categories if there's only one species, Gore got ??? instead of being called something like "Juvenile Dragon" so they could have added them to that. Or to Neopteron and Leviathan, they're each similar enough that no one would see anything off about it.

Barioth has wings

Fuck, you got me.

I at least want something like a wingless barioth or a wolf like monster. MH Online has a beaver monster for fucks sake.

I want capcom to take the species classifications seriously and have monsters for all of them too, but we can't always get what we want man

it doesnt look as trash in the new trailer
less like a bad monster hunter knockoff with good graffics

still rather just have it on handheld so if its garbage ill fully blame consolefags and mustardrace

It's because of niggers like you that a quarter of every thread is retards screeching about nintoddlers

Official MonHun game ranking:

MonHun World > MonHun 4U > MonHun FU > MonHun 3U > MonHun XX > MonHun 2 > MonHun 1 > all side games

Ah fuck I took the bait didn't I?

Pretty sure that's just Something Awful's rampant anti-Japan brigade coming to shitpost

Here's your damn (you) you filthy whore.

Fanged Wyverns can have wings, if you're counting spinoffs. Kurenai Goukami's a Fanged Wyvern and he has wings. He's also just Zinogre but on fire and with little wings glued on, though he's the only other Fanged Wyvern in the series.
"Fanged Wyvern" is a pretty stupid name for them anyway, they've all got fairly tiny fangs around the same size or smaller than most other wyverns. Their defining characteristic seems to be "is Zinogre". Looking at him and comparing him to other monsters, the obvious things that stand out in contrast is that he's a quadruped, his body and torso especially is extremely muscular and developed, and other minor things are that he's got large horns and a very long tail. His fangs don't even register as being a unique or defining characteristic.

Could I ask you guys to provide traffic for >>>/mon/? It's a board about all the monster collecting/hunting franchises like Pokémon, Digimon, and Monster Rancher. I feel as if Monster Hunter would be a good fit there, but that's for you to decide. Please help a lowly user out.

All I see is furry porn and shitposting.

It's been dead for a long time, and my attempts at advertising have been met with such filth. Plus, I'm not even the owner of the board; they fucked off somewhere after they saw it in such a state of silence.

This thread on Holla Forums gets attention not only from the console war fags (Due to MH:wurlds) but also from gamers who actually have a 3DS and want to something new to play on it.
If it wasn't for this thread on Holla Forums i wouldn't know about the joys of MH and getting gud whilst French people pole vault all over the map.
2936 hours of MH on 3DS
THANK YOU ANONS THAT RECOMMENDED I GET 4U.

Having good control doesn't suddenly turn the game casual. Doom can be played on a D-pad, it worked but playing FPS with mouse is much better.

The games do have good control though.

CB's back baby
Other weapons just can't compete

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?

Best guild girl, the other girls just cant compete

She has the voice of an angel

gamesmakingnoob.com/2014/07/monster-hunter-freedom-unite-controls.html

That exclamation point makes you sound like a marketer.
Just sayin bud

It's just really odd since the best MH games have been on Sony consoles anyway

WHY ARE THE FUCKING COLORS WASHED OUT WHAT THE FUCK WHY DO MODERN GAMES DO THIS HOLY SHIT THIS BULLSHIT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK REALISTIC YOU FUCKING MASSIVE RETARDS!!! THE REAL WORLD IS VIBRANT AND COLORFUL NOT A WASHED OUT FUCKING CANCER YOU FUCKING TALENTLESS FUCKING PRICKS!!! ADD SOME BETTER POST PROCESSING YOU WORTHLESS LOSERS HOLY FUCK STOP RUINING THE FUCKING AESTHETICS

And thats only a small fraction of the FUN content available in Monster Hunter World™! I cant wait to see you in in the hunt fellow hunter! Dont forget to preorder! :^)

oh boy, them "hardcore" players gonna hate the combat in this game :^)
I'm glad he specifically said that you can hide the button prompt, I hate those thing.

Then the alternative would be the D-Pad for movement and the stick for camera. Either way you'd be using up the same amount of inputs. And what controller DOESN'T have "a limited number of buttons?"

You use your left index finger for the camera and your left thumb to move. Done.

I'll agree that I personally never saw a point in the kick action itself, but if I recall it was also used for actions specific to weapons like Lance-based charges. Never played a weapon with one though, so I could be wrong.

There's no problem with this though, considering you need to be able to switch items around without pausing, since they don't let you access the menus while paused. And Square and Circle are intuitive choices because they're left and right, like how you use Triangle and Cross for ranged weapon ammo because they are up and down.

This is the stupidest complaint I've ever heard.

That would be the most awkward and stupid thing, not to mention would fuck with shit while your weapon is out, considering how many weapons use R for things.

Does he mean confirm? Because Circle was confirm and Cross was cancel.

You're really trying hard to justify casualization aren't ya champ

you do understand that you just proved his point right?
Having fluid gameplay doesn't automatically makes the game less difficult.

When did monster hunter ever not have fluid combat? If you want to bitch about item usage and the pose animation fine, but the combat was always fluid. With that said, I think the combat in World looks good, but I really think mantles, the fireflies and using items while moving needs to stay the fuck out. Hopefully the game still stays difficult but I'm not expecting much.

You mean by saying that opposite of a thing he said earlier I've proven that he's right?
"Fluid gameplay" doesn't make it casual, the fact that the method of making the gameplay "fluid" is by casualizing movement options and combat is what makes it casual. Monster Hunter always had fluid combat if you were actually fucking good at it, if you worked within the games framework.

pic related

Keyboard but that is not the point, PSP very limited when it comes to button compared to a standard console controller like L2/R2. It's bettter to have a second analog stick for a dedicated camera control, that will leave the D-pad free for other shit like item

What the fuck are you on

Those controls are mislabeled then, Circle has always been confirm and Cross has always been cancel.

L/R are pretty recent additions to controllers, I'd hardly call them standard. Regardless, we've already established that items are fine, so there'd really be no benefit to adding extra buttons or reassigning shit.

That is not the point faggot, PSP have very limited buttons than a standard controller. It doesn't even have a second analog stick that will allow you to look around while moving.

Only in Japan™. A cross doesn't have the connotation of "wrong/negative/don't" in the west.

so the ability to control the camera while moving simultaneously is not a benefit?

Then why did you fucking lie dipshit
Yeah nobody's doubting that you mongoloid, but if you weren't a complete retard you wouldn't have a problem regardless

I mean you still can on the PSP if it's so much of a dealbreaker for ya.

They swapped the control scheme around for foreign versions? That's weird as hell.

But you can do that already quite easily.

With the PSP control scheme? yeah, very easy to do if you have a third hand on the D-pad

Do you suffer from arthritis?

Do you have a third hand?

What third hand? Left thumb on the stick, left index finger on the D-Pad. It's easy.

You're talking to a guy who hasn't figured out combat controls, let alone the camera.
He's retarded. But sadly he's World's target audience.

No, just a pair of healthy hands, making claw-grip comfy and practical. Go see a doctor.

Fair point. Ah well, hopefully World will bomb hard enough that no developer ever looks at the West ever again.

Been a while since I had my last dose. Thanks doc.

Now I know that peoples that hate World are just retards. That or just masterbaiter.

As much as I want it to, I think we all know World won't bomb. Probably even be one of the most profitable for the series, it will be the Resi4 of MH.

Yeah that's essentially it. You're a retard, and nobody else is having the problems you are having. This is because the game is fine, but you just suck. You should stop playing games.

How is that hands of your?

Hard to say, I don't know of anyone who likes MonHun that's excited for World, it's on a television based console instead of a handheld at home, and the handful of foreigners interested in it will just pirate the PC version anyway. Of course, this is a world terrible enough to let World happen in the first place, so it's entirely possible it will do well just to spite me.

A-are you guys done arguing? Do you guys want to talk about the game now? The new glider mantle looks pretty neat. Theres also a new species of cat for some reason.

Dont kid yourself, look past your personal bias. If the game releases on steam the game is probably going to sell like hotcakes user. The youtube like/dislike rate and views generally support that theory. You are unfortunately in the minority.

I happen to know at least 7 mates who like MonHun, and only the one who plays nothing but LoL half the time is excited. But I don't trust my experiences after Tekken 7 sold well.

You do realize that you hold a 3DS and a controller in the same general way, right? The controller is chunkier sure but it's not like you get fucking crippled you autist.

No, it's shit.
You need to be put a stop to.

wow wtf why can't I change what bullets I'm loading into my sword?? this is stupid, what a shit game

What's your alternative? Where else would you put the camera controls? The Triangle, Square, Circle, and Cross buttons are the only obvious choice, but then you're "unable" to sheathe or attack while moving without using the claw grip.

What's steam?

THERE BETTER BE MORE CUTE INSECTS AND ARACHNIDS CAPCOM

ARACHNIDS HAVE FOUR LEGS

F O U R
O U
U O
R U O F

not three you cunts

There's no alternative for second analog stick for camera control, even capcom know this and release an add-on for 3DS. But peoples that said how the control is "good" is beyond me.

Then why not release add-on for PSP too?
I think the answer is that 3DS is when most casuals came into the mix, and you had to be pandered to because you're shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

On the 3DS it was necessary because the Slide Pad and the D-Pad were opposite the positions their PSP counterparts were, and moving the character with the index finger just won't cut it. On the PSP the D-Pad works fine.

Just like in your pictures :^)

You can't use "the claw" for that? Not so hardcore now aren't you :^)

CUTE INSECTS CAPCOM
CUTE

I'LL LITERALLY RAPE YOU

Camera controls don't require the precision that player movement does, hence why an index finger was enough for them, especially with the digital layout of the D-Pad.

I realize that in my rage I mistakenly said four legs when I meant eight

I am shame

Did you mean 4 pairs of legs? :^)
I want a pet Seltas Queen.
Full size, of course.

yes

ALL OF MY MONEY

I needs me more insecdos

Its Neopterons you fucking secondary

video in the following post

More Chargeblade gameplay

your face is a neopterons

No it was more

(checked)
user, read the thread, someone posted that already.

Sorry, just searched "charge" and "blade" didn't see it

I guess

what really bothers me is that some nobody managed to do it on Unity years ago, but no mainstream game ever did.
sorry didn't find any good videos without cringy faggots talking

Here is the Barroth, Diablos, Mudsioth fight i mentioned earlier in the thread. This time its not in the middle of a livestream and there is no commentary over it.

The rest you can see for yoursef :^)

Wait nevermind i think this one is a different run of the same hunt. Still good shit tho.

Arent Handlers people who manage retarded kids?

Appropriate, given the sheer number of tards World seems to be summoning. It's only downhill from here.

I've always heard them called caretakers or something similar
I'm like 60% sure "tard handlers" was just a fun name that got memed into existence by ye olde greentext stories

Gameplay seems alright I guess.

GUYS I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE VIDEO AND OUT OF THE BLUE THE GAME FUCKING BROKE

The monsters were supposed to fight at 10:08 but they just froze and stared at each other for the rest of the video.

that's just foreplay for a brute wyvern

But seriously, they better make it so that some monsters are "apex" enough on the pecking order that they just destroy the monster that you lured them towards and you don't get that damage bonus.

What do you even need potions for?

Could you please maybe shut the fuck up and stop complaining about every fucking minute detail like a complete fucking annoying piece of human garbage? You're a worthless piece of shit whining about a fucking video game having miniscule changes to a formula established over a decade ago. Apparently autistic people fear change and take solace in monotony and routine.

Fuck off.
Just…
Fuck
Off

That's the way it seems user
The food chain isn't random chance, a los will always wreck anjanath
Maybe it's different if the superior monster is asleep or something

Saw that as well, must have been pretty embarrassing. Hopefully this kind of shit doesn't happen when the game is released

Keep up the good work capcom

I don't know how to feel about this

Resident evil had a hard life.

Keep talking, I like seeing mentally challenged people pretend they know what they are talking about.

Oh? People shouldn't be pissed that you can get 30-50 points of skills from a rechargeable item that you can throw on with no consequence and swap out for your other rechargeable items with 30-50 skill points in them at base, with your free infinite farcasters?

Maybe if you take damage on your way in you'll go and hit up one of those nifty flying max potions, and then grappling hook to your nice Free Environmental Damage when the monster isn't looking and drop it on them for an easy 5-10% of their life in true damage, or just let one hit from a Rathalos take another 5-10% off. That's fair! But shit, this monster is now on you, you need to think up a plan. Maybe you should let it walk over to your Free Environmental Flashbomb, use your Free Magical De-Aggrofier, or just grappling hook your way far, far away from these slow, slow monsters. Now that it's not paying attention, let's just Free Farcaster back to base, slap on that nice Gliding Mantle and get your free Rodeo God and mount that sucker! Good thing you can now do Lv.3 charges while mounting a monster!

Oh fuck you failed the mount. Oh wait, no you didn't, just use your handy-dandy Save This Mount grappling hook and get back to stabbing. Whew, that was tough, the monster could almost do something. Oh shit, it's roaring now, a lot, and stomping the ground! Put on Damage Resistance+Flinch/Knockback Resistance+HG Earplugs+Wind Resistance High+Tremor Resistance Mantle! That'll show that baddie that you don't even need 3 of your friends to meme on him. Now drink your megas while slowly walking into the distance.

I think what happened with resi4 was the director got caught up in his own formula like many other nip devs with the other half being arcade devs as it were

This hurts because it's true.

you swallowed the hook but you aren't wrong

>melting down this hard
I sincerely hope that getting your fragile fanny flustered and molested does not deter (You) from coming here in the future.
I enjoy shitting on you and MonHun thirdWorld apologists way too much.

They should have appealed to the souls/consolefags audience instead and dropped all the casual shit, they would still make a shitload of money like that.

The rocksteady mantle is what pisses me off the most, its basically game breaking
Hey guys do you know how awesome the rock steady mantle is?? You could put on a RS mantle and bash the living shit out of monsters with little to no repercussions! Khezu sits there and wont stop screaming? No need for HG earplugs! Everyone put on the mantle and dogpile the fucker to pieces! Uragaan smacking the ground and making you all shakey? You dont need tremor resist silly! RS mantle that fucker! You can even walk thought his chin pound attack WITHOUT A SHIELD.

They are one of the only good things about this game.

Those faggot cats have always been obnoxious pieces of shit and are easily the worst part of the monhun universe
Just look at that fucking faggot's smug faggot face

This guy has the right idea

This is what MH fans believe?

user you have no soul and extremely shit taste, sort yourself out.

Badly, just look at all the ass pain in this thread.

What implications are being implied here?

You should ask ffde7d because that what he imply.

All of the things you're whining about like a little incessant entitles baby are things that I think are an improvement to the game and make it more enjoyable.
Why should I need a billion different items to do a billion different things that you need a billion different items to make that you have to farm a billion times to collect those items?
The mantles aren't even permanent. They have a cooldown.
Scoutflies are just better versions of the paintball which is a retarded mechanic anyway.

I'm sure remount will have a cooldown as well. Potions actually heal over time (which is closer to the original games than the newer ones) and can be wasted if you dodge or get hit while in the animation.

Slotting in gems to reach a minimum threshold is also completely stupid and makes no sense in the context of the game universe logic. A sword and shield that can morph into an axe and deal elemental/knockout damage after you've extracted essence from a monster by slashing it is just straight up magic, but apparently some gems won't work unless you have a certain amount to reach an arbitrary number. Single point skills make more sense. 1 gem = 1 skill point.

Literally everything you're complaining about is an objective improvement.
I didn't hear you complaining about all the new broken things 4 implemented into the series. Hell, most of you consider 4 the objectively best game in the series despite it being the most "casual" friendly one to date.

Fuck off.
Your post…
Your post is literally why I believe the MonHun community is turning into a cesspit of utter shit like the Souls community did.

You people are giving this mantle way too much credit, that shit don't put you in a invulnerable state if you get hit, all those multi hit attack will hit you for your entire life bar.
It's quite possible that this mantle will kill you more than help you.
Also it seems, that it's usage meter goes down when you get hit/block a roar/etc so it quite possible that the french banking on it will put it in, receive two charges of a diablos to the face that will drain 3/4 of their health and put the mantle on cooldown.
by the looks of it, the other items that you can bring with you like the health booster will be way more interesting and more useful.
Just imagine the amount of damage you will receive by getting hit twice with diablos tail swipe, 3-5 times by rathian napalm blast, all hits from rajang multi hit flurry, khezu electric shield (which does constant damage).
That mantle is a fucking coffin.
The only actual uses of this thing is not get tripped by teammates and blocking roars, which any good player can already do, making the mantle useless.

Great

That mantle has as much skills on it as a G-rank armor set. I wouldnt be mad if it was balanced in some way such as slowing you down but as far as what ive seen it doesn't, or doesn't enough. Now to refute your points.

If you are at the same point in the game where you have to fight the monster, you practically are a walking tank. Take too much damage? Drink a potion. No fucking problems there.
I used the rockskin or whatever hunter art in XX, youll be more likely to take alot more hits thats all
Thats actually a good point, the mantle still shouldnt exist though, it completely throws skill out the window whenever you use it and that is not like MH at all.
Not that much. You're also forgetting that i could walk right through those attacks as if they were a fucking fart and drink potions while at it too right?
Its a literal second pair of armor
Tbh I would never use that shit anyways so you got me there.

That's a fucking lie
MH requires time, and literally only time. If you're good you can't skip all the shitty boring stuff that you don't need to do, you just have to sink hundreds of hours into a game that has had the same gameplay since it came out, even though you already know the game inside out.

Stop being salty about world, it's honestly sad and cringey to see

actually if you think about it, this mantle will be a godsend when you get yourself in the middle of 3 LS users while using SS or DB.

Based on the gamescon gameplay the times people used it, even the demo monsters that does way less damage were able to take more than half the HP and take away half of the mantle bar in seconds.
It looks like it is this absurdly OP mantle, but after i saw someone that was not a capcom executive actually playing, the thing looks way more useless than it first seemed.
Also remember that potions recover HD gradually now, and we don't know if damage stop the recovery, if that is also true then you can't drink potions while in front of the monster too.

For now, the health booster and Gillie mantle seems way more overpowered than it.

Playing this trash must have fried your brain mate.

Your entire post was

I never played a MH game, is is too late to start? Should I wait for the MH World? If not what should I play first? Can I emulate it?

you can emulate the monhun ps2 games if you want. 3DS games are fucked currently, however, so you can't emulate those right now. Anything else should work.

If you have a 3ds, play MH4U.
If you don't, play MH freedom unite or portable 3rd in the psp emulator.
Have fun.

You can emulate quite a few, here are some good starting ones:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite(PSP) - Most content outta all the emulatable ones, but is old and thus missing lots of QoL, and is infamous for really shitty hitboxes
Monster Hunter Tri(Wii) - Easy start into the series, keep in mind you'll need a romhack to play high rank, though(high rank is the later half of the game, the romhack should be easy to acquire), has the very divise UNDERWATER COMBAT though, if you think you won't like that, there's…
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd(PSP) - Basically Tri, without underwater combat(and thus none of the underwater monsters) but an extra land monster or two.
Happy hunting!

See, you can't even fucking read.

You said that MH takes skill, and skill rewards players. I, on the other hand, made the point that none of the piss easy content can be skipped if you have skill, and the rewards are almost exclusively related to just how much time you're willing to spend on the game.
No, the game isn't hard.
No, having to beat the same boss 12 times so that you have enough times to craft one piece of armor isn't hard.

And no, MH is not a good game. It's trash.
I didn't even comment about World, because I'm going to suppose it's going to be exactly as bad as all the other games in the series.

My point is that people, or autists, like you that MH on such a high pedestal and now complain about World are stupid and cringey.
Please kill yourself or go play some good games, either or is fine.

How many times should you have to beat a boss to get a piece of armor?

Taste is subjective, including yours and all of ours.

Its obvious MH isnt the game for you, unlike for the rest of us in here. What are you doing in this thread then? You bored?

anyone happen to have the system requirements for MH:Worlds? wanna see if my toaster needs an upgrade

I don't know if you're just baiting, which I certainly wouldn't complain about since MH threads are great to fish in, but there's a definite correlation between skill and speed of progress when playing the games as the ai was balanced, i.e. against a single player with no helpers. A good player can clear all of a particular rank using one cheap weapon with stats noticably weaker than the strongest available pieces of equipment. A bad player would hit a threshold where their skill and inexperience means that they need better numbers to support themselves, i.e. a stronger weapon so that the time spent in an individual quest is reduced and they won't run out of items, or stronger armor so that they are able to survive three hits instead of two, meaning more room for error that a good player wouldn't need. Spending more than a very brief amount of time to acquire new equipment is either done because you are enjoying the content of the game (fighting that particular monster), or because you lack the skill to reasonably continue without superior equipment.
I think that there's a lot of people that have come into the series from Tri or 4U and never got to experience the fun from coming to really understand how a monster behaves, when it can punish you and when you can retaliate, when you can take a reasonable risk and when to know that risk is unacceptable. The constant presence and ease of access to online conectivity seems to encourage this idea that the game is simply some kind of life-draining grind simulator, wherein anything but the most aggressive monsters are rendered moot by the presence of 4 players, and even the stronger monsters are just a matter of not doing anything exceedingly stupid for about ten minutes. There's definitely fun to be had in co-operative play, but it's not really where the strength of the series lies, as much as all the marketing around the series would have you believe

Once.
Make the boss hard.

Grinding is not fun.

Responding to the retard complaining about World because it's not on his favorite console of choice

Beat the boss once per armor piece?
That's more or less what you need in both low and high rank, so I dunno what are you on about.

You just summarize Dark Souls except that game have better control than MH

Did anyone see the gamescom demo barroth fight? The barroth went to sleep right in front of the player at low health. The player wasn't hidden and didn't apply any sleep effects he just went to sleep right in front of him.
I hope the AI is fixed and that was just a fuck up on their part and it won't stay like that.

Can you turn off the fucking tourist lady she never shuts the fuck up with useless information you should already know. She doesn't even teach the player what to look for so you wouldn't need her. She just says oh boy the monster is mad watch out. Instead of see the smoke blowing out of the monsters nose that means it is mad and will be a lot more aggressive. Also if you can jump right back on after a failed mount why the fuck even have the system at all? Just make it so that if you land an attack that would let you mount it just instantly downs the monster. Instead of the process of stabbing it in the back if it is impossible to fail.

Are the mantles specific to weapons or armour type? In the video I just watched it said the rocksteady mantle enables gunners to fire without being interrupted.

What a gay.

I know you can switch her speech to classic MonHun Vocalizations, but i seriously hope you can turn her and scoutflies off.
I don't need that fucking glowy shit all over everything, I don't want that glowy shit, hell if they don't give us the option i hope a mod makes then invisible at least.

Yeah you better also be able to turn off the giant ugly button prompts that show up dead centre of the screen and the fucking controller layout in the top-right.

I think that was already confirmed.
i am sure that at least the prompts on the top right can be turned off, i hope the ones in the centre get disabled with them.
The amount of tutorials/handholding in this game is by far the worst aspect of it.

name three good games

It was probably taken down because it showed off a fucking massive fuckup. About ten minutes in, Barroth and the new piscine wyvern Jyuratodus started to fight, then both stopped and stared at each other doing nothing. Barroth just stood there in its idle stance for the rest of the hunt, Jyura stared at it for a while then started to swim in small circles, neither reacted at all to being attacked, and after about 3 minutes of this the player wandered off to explore for a few more minutes, then the video fades to black.

AI seems very fucked currently. If this is good enough for them to be showing off, I don't know what else is going to be slipping through for more in-depth play in the final release.

Undertale
Undertale
Undertale

yeah, AI on wildspire seems really fucked.
they are working on the game for what? 4 years now? if the AI is still fucked like that, just imagine in which state is Volcano/Tundra/Plains areas.

This really puts World into perspective. Fuck this is going to suck.

Demon's/Dark Souls never really gets hard, it just punishes you for not paying attention and trying to rush through it. Due to the focus on navigating stages over boss battles too, the fights never get quite as long or intense as the later hunts in Monster Hunter.

The only way that could possibly be the case is if you're objectively bad at the game, which from the sound of things World will do nothing to alleviate players of.

I would say they're all objective regressions myself.

If by "shitty boring stuff" you mean things like the extended cut scenes they've been putting in since 3rd gen, yeah, they really need to let you just hit Start and skip them. One good thing about X was that the monster intros were so fucking short. If you mean you can't skip the early quests that take barely any time to get through, so what? You know you don't have to do every single quest, right? And nowadays they usually make it clear which quests are keys and which ones aren't. MonHun absolutely does require effort though, that's why I still play it.

For PSP, Portable 2nd G or Portable 3rd. For 3DS, 3G or 4G. PSP games can be emulated on a PC, 3DS games will require the hardware but both 3G and 4G are on FreeShop.

What makes you think they don't do that on purpose to let the player kill them?

there is not a single part of that post that said anything good about the mantle Makoto. Stop sperging like a fucking child already.

I forgot to hit the quote button for there, my bad.

That post was really shitty, so it's okay i think.
Actually, does anyone knows how the fuck skills work now? each piece of armor seems to give a different skill, all on lv1, does upgrading the piece level up the skill or is all gemming more points into the armor?
They should've showed instead of the buggy AI of Wildspire waste.

I actually broke my 3DS while fighting teostra, and it turned into a little sharp nub.
So i took sandpaper, made it smooth, and now it's playable again but it gives my thumb a callus when i play too much.

what happened to the storage of Nintendium that nintendo had?

Most likely sold off by the board of investors who own the company now to buy more cell phone shit

Was mostly consumed by Reggie for reconstructive surgery & body agumentation after -that- incident.

>they plan to streamline™ egg quests I'm okay with this.

We already knew there were no separate village and hub quests since you could call for help in all of them
If only they weren't faggot cats
Now we just have to wait for them to introduce bond stones into mainline so we can finally show those assholes who's boss

Ehhh, unless the monster HP/Damage change based on how many players are in the quest, i think it will probably be too easy, unless all quests are guild hall level, though i don't that's what they will do.

Mh could always be played solo on guild quests anyways. Village quests technically pad out the game. Guild quests could work as replacements for village quests, but when it comes to the story i dont think it would be as strong as how mh4u did it.

Shit, they are taking so many risks. This game is either going to float or sink.
It could end up being the japanese no mans sky if its somehow that bad

Sorry for shitty non-looping attempt

You had one job user.

good job user, i'm proud of you

Anyone getting MHXX update pop-up…
Is there even an update now? My 3DS is showing that I need to update the game now but there's no one else on the net talking about this… any thoughts?

Can't play and update for shit after that banwave so I'm not going to play until I conform what this is…

I;m not seeing anythingfor double cross, but I deleted and reinstalled the game recently so perhaps I might have isntalled an update with it. Are you on version 1.2.0 or something else?
There was also a general 3ds update recently, perhaps you're just seeing that?
Either way if you're not sure, just back up your saves, delete the game and download it off of freeshop again

JE SUIS MONTÉ

Longsword now has a super easy free counter
And a super over the top attack that is not very useful. but still cool

Guess which weapon is the most underwhelming again?

New thread

Someone save me from this Hell

My old 4G data is gone so I've started fresh, but even if I was up to G Rank it sounds like you're on the locked out version, sorry.

That's a shame, one of the few things I liked about double cross was the LS counter since it rewarded you for taking a risk and having experience with those eva+1 guard point frames that actually required resonably precise timing.
Of course that didn't really matter since lol brave dodge but at least you could pretend you were playing something challenging and rewarding.

I'll help you, post a room.

>No wystones Thank fuck for story mode separating the lazy players
MH games are on sale again on the e-shop aren't they? Theres no other reason that 4U suddenly got so popular again.

Whats the target?
Post a room.

There's a room in the new thread, have you joined it?