SS13 - Space Station 13 - no lawyer edition

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://87.117.247.20:33447
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server. They have a github at github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chaosyourgod/-8ch-station/issues/84
hastebin.com/lixabusile.dm
pastebin.com/raw/9SvSuiHC
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/R&D_Guide
byond.com/docs/ref/
byond.com/docs/guide/
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30028
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15738
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/13019
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15227
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/3073
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20985
github.com/yogstation13/yogstation/pull/1297
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/11402
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mememes

[tab] or ri-
Oh wait that's a thing now. Thanks.

AI is one of those jobs people usually ghost after a certain amount of time because they can't enjoy watching the game nor actually role play

the lack of numbers we usually get also doesn't help

he's a gud boi our coder fags

It wasn't even that much of a big deal but I'm 100% sure I'll remember this moment until the heat death of the universe

You want something awful, fellow spessmens?

I ported ATMTA Interaction code from october 2016's version into newer and recent version of Eros and trying to fix whatever i can (unprofessionally), especially machine translated degeneracy.
No, i'm not same person as original port coder. Expect never ever.
I'm in state, where i regret nothing and yet regret everything.
Kill me.

What an inexcusable faggot. I hope you told him to go wear a straitjacket for all you cared.

Looking foward to its implementation on the serbia

Which serbia you mean, though? Eros Staff disallow any smut mechanics as they focus more on HRP than ERP. Myself, i can only host shitty, not configured Dream Daemon serb. 8station serb using different code, unless i'm out of touch.

I thought you meant porting it to our codebase rather than Eros' but i misread what you were saying and thought of something else.
Do they really have a server named after Erotics but frown on any sort of ERP in it, even when they have mechanics for them? It sounds even dumber than Bay in terms of HRP

Their full title is "Eros Research Platform". Currently, they supposed to frown upon the ones, who only pursuit erotics and nothing else (like shaking fist at engineer if they don't set goddamn engine and choose to fuck with sharktits instead), but they took that to high degree. They don't use mechanics (well, except accessory stuff such as wings, tails, genitals, breasts and etc., including dildos and fleshlights), they use classical "me "put benis in bagina" typefucking.
The funny thing is at start, most now-gone-devs planned some concepts in ERP Mechanics, such as lust system, intent-sensitive hot action (fucking with harm intent obviously makes it hurt), and some other stuff i forgot about. I even saved docs with old rules and said concept. But apparently that wasn't plan for the headmin. And now, looks like their title is nothing but meme now.
But honestly, i don't know the state of the Eros Community as for now. It might be worsened or went into better direction.
You know what? You better ask them yourself. I maybe making something up and shit. Never trust user fully.

But fuck it, where's good old spessmen stories?

Hold up right there criminal scum

Sorry user. When i'm forgetting shit i usually making up more bullshit. That's why i'm asking you to ask them. I don't want have any business with them myself anymore. Well, maybe expect checking their map once they finish it and going out from hiatus.

Okay cool, now tell me, what is your github account?

(checked)
Unless you meant direct link to repo as well, username is SomeP17. There's no jackshit yet.
If you recognized me, feel free to tell my sins and tales of butthurts.

You guys want to talk about ERP systems in ss13?

I want to talk about all that spaghetti bringing up while coding ERP system (and, actually, literally everything else). If not to mention "lol why use it we can emote smut" fags and moralfags.
It is okay to switch topic if this shit is painful.

Personally, I find ERP to be one of the most disgusting activities you can do on ss13.
If anyone is coding up an ERP system, please don't. Your talent can be used in a variety of things outside of pretend sex in an autistic job simulator.

You mistaken me as coder, but i'm just editman who cannot bring new features.

As for ERP, i have to agree with you. That shit ruins everyone lives.
It's sounds better to just make separate disgusting single-player game instead of adding disgusting activities to multiplayer game.

Thats a shame. It doesn't matter that much though, a player is always welcome.
I don't think ERP is life ruining, Its just embarrassing, especially for an admin. I don't want to see two desperate people enact out their sexual fantasies via the "me" command.

Speaking of smut and libraries, anyone have any short but thicc smut to put in the system? Never gone looking for it, wouldn't know where to begin. I ask because every other round crew comes over just for that. Does /erp/ have anything good?

If you want to degrade the poor database, then go ahead and steal shit from /erp/.

The functions aren't a big deal.

The biggest thing is learning BYOND and code scope so you can see just how badly organized shit is, and then try to unwind it. A good thing to do is to slap a "file in files" into Notepad++ and see what references the function call so you can see how dramatic of an impact it is. I've managed to prune away a function or two in some small places

Fuck I knew it, BYOND is for furries

Amazing.

Nice meme

Literally just hit a pipe with an atmos scanner to see its contents and then make the judgement if it's survivable or not.

Oh yeah I can have it trim excess whitespace at EOL and EOF only probably

Otherwise you can code tags but lose all the fancy effects

You can see what's in disposals with other tools cant you? Pipes should be similar

So anybody here plays lifeweb? How's it?

user i have no clue what youre saying.

hey meet me in the security lounge i got a gun for you we're gonna own these noobs

I know you're confused, god knows I was when I first crite'd, but don't ever seek outside assistance or explanation during the round. What might appear strange will eventually become familiar. What might appear a glitch might be a feature.

Oh by the way, you can put your ID in your PDA, and then put your PDA where your ID slot is. Saves some space.

good round.

All are fucked. Think I found the culprit, a book - is not recognized by the music system, while a regular webpage - is.

Additionally "Print Job #452 (Never Gonna Give You Up)" could have the name fixed. "Print Job #478" should be "Telecommunication Setup". The second Geometer is a duplicate. Lastly, "The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect" should have a V.2 on end. That's my fuck up.

Also Suicide is Painless was a mistake that I wouldn't mind being erased.

Well, some of the "-"s, a few books don't lose that when I copy paste in. It's confusing me to hell and back.

reminder that getting loyalty implanted means you can still be in the round as a human and not get validated just so long as you're not a nigger and follow along with it

Yeah, I think there's three kinds of dashes, a -, a —, and a short one that looks like -

Not sure, I'll add it to the issues page to get around to eventually.

Hacking doors should be harder. With he way they are normally, might as well not have doors at all.

One idea might be to make it rules based and take a combination of wires to achieve an effect, and basically rely on boolean logic (XOR/AND, etc). Just an idea for later

hacking does need to be harder but not too hard, there does need to be more tiers of difficulty though

Right now it is easy to actually power down an airlock despite there being two wires linked to the actual power lines. It's even easier to remove the ID link to the airlock with just a wirecutter if you know which wire it is, which leaves no marks except the cut wire inside the panel, has no shock risk even if you mend it unlike cutting power and lets anyone enter it.
Too many wires shock you without any reason why does cutting and mending the open airlock wire shock you but not the backup power wire? and the shock wire seems rather unnecessair other than to make it more "challenging" for those that can't or won't adquire glubs.

Maybe make it so you can't power down an airlock unless you cut one of the wires OR pulse both and make removing the ID lock a 3-step cutting sequence with a high chance to shock you if you don't have gloves.

> github.com/chaosyourgod/-8ch-station/issues/84
Oh no its AI autism time.

tbh

I wouldn't mind a proper arachnid race.
As in book styled Starship Trooper buggers.
Who must be purged.

b-b-b-b-but I must have my persona in though?!?

Alright, this is freaking me out. I checked every song last night.
Checking the ones that worked again, more songs are now broken. Daughter of Evil, Christmas in the 13th Month. Either I overlooked these two somehow, despite playing one at departures to comfy effect, or something in the system is converting the -s.

thread's alive again

ive been looking through the code casually to see if I can learn anything to even begin tiberium at all.

heres an idea on what I have seen so far, what if we had really cool shit to make in chem like in goonstation but insteat of the SEEGRIT CLUB goonshit we use the PICK function in byond to have it select an arrangement of random chemicals each shift (and preforming a check to ensure its not the recipe for something else, dont want to make singulofoam trying to mix hyperzine)

We could have really fun shit that chemists wouldnt rush every round that would require a bit of potentially dangerous chemical fuckery to create. a revision to the above perhaps it only uses rarer/harder to manufacture chemicals instead of using any base elements.

we already have goonchem, which the OG crew were trying to remove

list of things that I despise in ss13

I could go on and on but fuck me

I'm actually in the process of unfucking the file structure and documenting the code for reagents and food and drinks. After I get comfortable with that I can start reworking effects and adding more chems.

Afterwards I want to add all 118 real elements, maybe more detailed geology shit to asteroids etc, so the metal mineral will be fixed up sooner or later. Probably within a year or so. Any other feedback or changes you can make that arent retarded are also worth mentioning.

I know one of the admins wants to implement water pipes but thats still quite a ways away, need to optimize other things first

everything is along ways off man

Can't wait to spend rounds mixing up 5u of every chemical to see what mixes before I can actually use those chems. It will be a treat to tell the Medics "fuck off" when they ask me for some Clonexadone since I haven't figured out the research yet anyway.
I mean, that's basically Genetics anyway so it's all good.

Xenomorphs are shitty in terms of videogames whenever their reproductive cycle becomes part of the gameplay since it works entirely against their concept. Awesome killing machines just harmlessly tackling people. Wew.

You can't do much with augmentation because there's little to do or chance with it, besides how much health or armor you have and a few things related to stuns. You could include a skull cannon I suppose, but that's yet another gun.
And before you suggest Deux Ex tier augmentations, I don't think anyone wants to walk around with an electric cell up their ass despite that being the best way to balance the inhuman powers you'd get.

More of leftover back from Murder Mansion. The game used to revolve around Traitors too much (the round would end when they died) and now that it doesn't, it shows.

Technically one of the most content rich parts of the station actually.

It could be changed but then you'd have iron walls all around. The proper solution would be to rename metal sheets to Steel Sheets and make the mineral be Iron that must be processed first.

You'd need extra z-levels for this to actually be relevant and even then it wouldn't see much use. Power is already way too fucking binary and ATMOS is something that either runs fine or a traitor is having fun. Liquids wouldn't really add that much to the game unless they intersected with everything else like Sinks needing a connection to fresh water or Science machines needing pipes that carried liquids around.

DNA was never supposed to describe species, only to describe what super powers or disabilities you have. Monkey isn't a specie, it's a disability.
This could be changed but see Augmentation for why it will never be plus nobody wants a transformation fetish inserted into the game, I guess.

PvE never was the point of the game and the few mobs "designed" for that require bloat HP or stuns to even be an adversary. SS13 was always about player interaction including combat.
Could this be changed to make cooperation more important? Sure. Is anyone gonna do it? AHAHAHAH

Could make the more interesting 'elements' like plasma be part of the Island of stability theorized past the higher end.

You were already infected.

I meant that specifically for really special chemicals not our current ones.

I want Plasma and Bluespace and Dark Matter to have their own elements. Plasma seems life based while bluespace is teleporty.

As far as rng goes, I was thinking of a "chaos reagent roll", since there are a lot of organic chem compounds such as polymers. Stick 10u of H C N O into a beaker and hit an experiment button or catalyst, receive 5-10u of a random substance. Optional but potentially "fun" recipe.

I do want to include more addiction and overdose effects, but that needs me to tweak how negative effects are applied. Right now theyre just a value on a mob such as "brain_damage". A better way would be to attach an instance with the vars to someone, then you can do more interesting effects, like allowing a wizard or changeling to share damage and status effects

It's still RNG. You'll have a few autists that actually bother to try combinations every round for the chance at unleashing them but otherwise it will be largely ignored since you already have a fuckton of stuff with the deterministic stuff we have now.

I mentioned Genetics for a reason. It's a system entirely controlled by RNG that you can game around a bit if you're smart about it, but only to a certain point after which it's still playing your odds.
You will always take 15 minutes at least to unlock a serum that MIGHT give you every power reliably and even then it's rolling the dices everytime you inject one.

Now genetics only has 15 blocks and half of them are easy to find out what they are so you just have to max everything else for powers. Chemistry can't have a similar way to game around it and there's a crap load more chems to use there so more combinations with no easy way to narrow down.

Virology is an even better example. It's entirely RNG on what symptoms you get, you can only pick from what table you're gonna roll with the chosen chem and afterwards it's trial and error until you have the combination you want. The actual math behind making a super virus is trivial really.
The result is that, although you can make some horrible shit like virus that make you puke plasma or explode or even make an immortality virus, seldom do people bother with it because it's just not fun or interesting to spend 15-20 minutes dripping 5u of a chem into a bottle to see what you get and toss it aside to start over if it's not what you want.

RNG simply isn't fun and trying to work with it never works. Telescience was dependant on RNG for some depth to it's mechanics and the result was that someone made a spreadsheet that solved it for you in minutes and thus forced the introduction of tele-crystals to limit how far you can use it until someone gets you more crystals. The final result? It's another piece of the game that's rarely used because it's not worth the hassle.

Just want to say that Dark Matter is not a single element. Every single element can have it's "dark matter" equivalent.

Are you playing on nuTG or are you this unrobust?

I think hes bitching about the minor offsets which are rng, but ultimately controllable

No, I just keep forgetting that there are a lot more stuff added to the game. I used to do this with goon genetics a lot when there was only 15 genes and 4 powers.

It's 100% reliable to set your DNA blocks up to the level at which they can trigger a power, but even then you have 10% chance of triggering Hulk and TK and 15% of activating X-Ray and Heat Resistance. Minor powers is a bit better but there's still RNG involved here even with an injector that sets your power block to FFF. You can try it if you want, just keep injecting yourself with the same injector (making new ones of course) and you'll get different powers everytime at random.

(there's also RNG about the required value to trigger a power that changes every round and is different for each power but shouldn't be a problem as long as you get an high enough value on your block anyway. Anything starting with E and you're golden.)

Oh right, that's Botany that only triggers if you use at least 5u, virology can work with a single unit and the thingy works exactly for that.
Everything else is still true though.

It starts with an offset you gotta take into account when calculating the parameters for a jump. The same coordinates in different rounds give different results because of this. The idea is that you have to make 1-2 test runs first to see what that offset is and then correct it afterwards.
Except that after a random amount of jumps (so you get even more RNG) said offset changes again.

Why do you think every single cheatsheet for RNG always included a test-fire section?

No i just used calculators.
You're thinking of nuTG, this was introduced as a nerf in nuTG years ago but we removed it once we branched off. Every injector gives you exactly the DNA block changes displayed on the console.
Unless you're really unlucky and hitting the random-power block for some reason, which is the strangeness block, which has your body change powers at random every time you get injected with DNA if it's above 800, which you should NOT be doing if you want to test out results for this shit.

Huh. That's new. You're right there, indeed mutations are deterministic in how you adquire them from whatever source.
The source itself, be it mutagen, radiation or the DNA scanner is still random (and it's still gonna take you 15 minutes to complete)

But indeed, Hulk and TK only requires higher than E00, Cold Resist C00 and Xray triggers at more than F00.
This does make it much easier to cheese out the injector since you can easily find out what blocks have powers and trigger them 100% of the time with this. Still better than the temporary injectors of /tg/
I honestly don't know where this change came from since even on Hate there was still RNG when injecting yourself and this clearly wasn't taken from /tg/ either.

We derive from a very old /tg/ source based around 2013-14. Remember that Hatestation branched from pizzastation at some point and updated their branch to the newest nuTG branch at that time around late 2015-early16, which was when shit started to get bad like those nerfs to genetics because of Sybil. This codebase is based off another codebase (CP) that branched off directly from pizzastation instead of hatestation.

Approximately how many branches are there on this tree of spess?

I think nuTG injector currently gives you all the powers with no RNG, but the mutations are only temporary and go away after about a minute or two. They added a button that injects you when you enter the scanner, but it's still RNG.

Technically at least one per person, more if they keep their code tidy.
But if you go back enough years, you've got a serious arboretum here.

I'm guessing they removed the RNG aspect of triggering powers at random even when the code block was okay since that was pretty stupid but quickly realized what an horrible mistake it was to give everyone easy access to Hulk and X-Ray so they did what /tg/ always does and made it into a mechanic that 90% of the time nobody is gonna be arsed to use.

I actually had an idea. Two ideas.
1) Take monkey(s), infect with Asthmothia and toxin filter, stick in a player built gas chamber. Have vent or air scrubber or something to remove plasma gas from air. Pipe to location (possibly atmos) to be processed into liquid plasma for virology, and solid plasma for selling and for other departments.
Also optional, infect with (possibly stacked) viruses that heal the infected, so they never die even when set on fire.
Nanotrasen wanted plasma, we'll give it to them.
b) The flaming manboulder virus.
Weight gain, Toxin Filter, Asthmothia, Spontaneous combustion.
Turn the infected into flaming manboulders. This one is a bit of an inside joke, but hey.
No idea why you would want to infect people with this except for the comedic value, unless you're a traitor. Make flaming monkeyboulders maybe.

Idea: A stat that can be used to induce vomiting or the like.

Also, if you have nutriment below a certain level (eg, no food or are grossly underweight), you instead vomit blood and take 5 brute damage to your torso, and to your stomach organ

If you want a better Flaming Boulder, you'd need a second virus to heal burn damage and fire protection with a firesuit or RIG.
He'd still catch on fire because of the disease but the damage would be minimal and easily healed while he could ignore the raging inferno around him.

This would make a "boulder" that doesn't take any damage from the destruction that spreads around it.

Vomit can already be induced, large amounts of toxins does this and reduces it slightly, for instance.

Yeah, but I mean chemically. Think Ipecac

Just copy the effect from the toxin thingy or even just mimic the alcohol one since that's exactly the same: a chemical making someone vomit.
Damage can be added in the previous line and you get exactly what you asked.

Except for the stomach damage because apparently the stomach is commented out for whatever reason?

To heal from toxic filter, you need toxic compensation which is the actual virus that converts damage into toxin, and filter removes all toxins from your body, which is that causes inmortality.

this is what i get for being a good guy who brings everyone back into the game

My connection started getting worse towards midnight, cut out as I was on my way to get that very book on cloning, the whole reason I wanted departments books in Reference.
On my phone now because hell if I know why cable shit the bed.

Honestly don't know much anything out of library and hydroponics, was given a crash course in cargo just today. Not everybody goes into this wanting to be proficient at everything asap.

I once saw the captain trying to attack the AI for whatever reason, and I thought it was actually a traitor, since they had a jetpack (an objective item) so I helped them kill the captain.

The worst part was I was completely wrong, and thought it was a changeling, so instead of bringing him back to medbay for cloning, I buggered off to maint, debrained him to prevent him from doing changeling shit, and then afk'd for 5 minutes while I went to the washroom. Almost got banned for that one

cloning is the easiest thing
drag the corpse onto the scanner
click the scanner to close it
open the console and press scan or whatever theres like 1 button there
if it gives an error it most likely means the ghost isnt in the body so try to scan the corpse a few more times so the guy has the time to get back in
if the scan is successful it should create a record
view it and press clone

thats it

if you have an ID with medical access you can swipe it on the cloning pod to unlock it, then right click and eject the guy earlier, he will have a lot of clonedamage, you should carry him to cryo. it's a bit risky, but healing him to full in cryo is a lot faster than cloning fully (and after you fully clone you still have to cryo anyway)

If not on skeleton crew any medical ID can unlock the scanner. Otherwise, only IDs that have access to genetics (CMO, Geneticists, RD, Captain) can unlock it.

I can teach you Science tomorrow if you want, but it'd have to be at some standard hours because it's fucking double zero'o clock in this shithole.

Fuck i meant if on skeleton crew, not without. You get extra access to all sub-departments on a department as a standard worker on skeleton crew which is 19 or less crewmen on roundstart. Otherwise, on 20 players joining at roundstart and more, you get the standard crew and thus restricted access.

hastebin.com/lixabusile.dm

You are a credit to anons everywhere.

Untangling other people's spaghetti is pretty fun

Right now I'm working towards splitting the damage and status effects off into their own classes so they can be instanced. This primarily serves to clean up and compartmentalize the code.

You could also do cool things with it then, such as "hivemind" effects, like giving everything a reference to the same root health pool, so if any of them are damaged, everyone shares the pain.

If status effects are cleaned up a bit, then you can have cooler virus symptoms more easily. That brings me to another idea I had. Consider med HUDs only showing viruses at stage 3 or above. By that time, the symptoms would be very noticeable and possibly spread. It stops people from psychically attending to every issue. The CMO could have a much better HUD that shows all viruses as classic.

Or maybe viruses could be reworked to alter their symptom visibility as they progress, so they're more discreet early on

I don't think that's their philosophy, in the deleted scenes of the first film shows otherwise

right now it's "balanced" by limiting you to only be healed via tools and nothing else what so ever

doesn't mean people should ignore the worst aspect of the game

oh yeah I was more talking about looks

I'd like lots of different minerals and crystals which you could use tho

our code base is not much added to the game but yeah I don't know what we could do for depth, maybe pseudo z-levels showing relative location and things around? I don't know

it's cancer why it isn't, it's just another thing for "combat" that's hardly really gotten its potential like basically every other department

sums it up there init

plasma seems like a very ingrained thing for it being what the fucking purpose of the station kinda pointless

tbh

I'm sorry

you're doing well

When are you guys going to start playing again? I had a bit of fun the first time i played a shift with you guys and I want to try again.
Although i still know diddly squat about the jobs in this game

people are still playing

IM ON MY WAY.

We play every day, just don't expect high pops at 6am.

yeah server is up 24/7 as far as i know, maybe goes on maintence sometimes
its also DEAD HOURS 24/7 so low pop (1-4 players on average, sometimes 5-8)

tfw too retarded to use a fucking laser pointer

Fuck this syntax. It took me two hours to make a new type and create an instance of it.

I like playing the game more than dealing with autistic robot players
Do I even have to mention that borgs are the new equivalent of furfag races

Serb… dead?

We usually get around 18 on weekends when we go on the hub and the accursed pubbies join.

That final part was quite the experience for me. Ill play again later sometime. Ill expect some autism again tbh, I doubt any other kind of people play this game.

Okay I laughed

new round

ERP because they want to fuck sprites
atleast HRP has a general reason why they're autistic

saying that someone (not referring to anyone in particular) is being autistic isn't ick ock, but what do I know
im not mad, it's just not very fun when an autist goes borg just to spam pipes/put walls and airlocks everywhere just to confuse and slow down others
the fact you do it every round is kind of disturbing, I feel bad for you.
also huge piles of shit like these crash you if you rightclick them so yeah that's also fun

lol i think that autist is gonna spend the whole round shitting pipes everywhere because he thinks it makes me mad
thats truly hilarious

Are you swapping IPs for any particular reason there, pal?

I use proxy because I can't access the site otherwise

What's wrong with pipes?
What's wrong with silicons?
Don't blame these for the actions of one person, you don't even need to be a silicon to shit out pipes. Anybody with an RPD can do the same.

Will we ever be able to install newscasters and air alarms on the NT Recovery Shuttle, so that we can enable vents and scrubbers on it and publish adventuring newsletters on the go?

if we can make this shit not fuck the round start so much then yeah we'll be adding to it

Hope it can be done. Nothing sucks more than setting up atmos and filtering on the shuttle only to realize the walls cannot have air alarms attached to them.

because there's a pattern with nigger-like behavior and robots
never met a robot player who isn't a massive cunt
never seen anyone spam pipes with RPD, only seen robotards do it

maybe there are good robot players out there but Im yet to meet one

I'll stick it on me list

macro cboys?

Yes, except that asthmothia causes you to take toxin damage, which is then removed by toxin filter. This gives the virus a chance to have combustion occur instead of the target just dying from toxins right off the bat.

That sounds like a plan if I get bored and want to use it on myself. I had an idea to bring it along on a space adventure, and use it on the Russians. If you can infect one of them you could set the whole station on fire, especially if the virus transmits itself through the air. Pump it into the air vents, maybe? (Not sure if possible.)
Could remove boulder and replace weight gain with sneezing to ensure infectivity.
Man, everytime I read or write space adventure it reminds me of mp4 related. Good stuff.

11/10

WEW

Unless every single robo-player you've seen just laid pipes everywhere and you've met a few tens of roboplayers, you're exagerating and extrapolating from the behaviour of a single player.
And if he's a MoMMI thats not even a real roboplayer.

You don't see anyone doing it with the RPD because that's available to CE and Atmos Tech and almost nobody plays those roles when Engineer gets you what you want anyway and sounds a lot more fun (it's stupid, Atmos Tech and Engineer should be merged and handled like subjobs, much like Scientists do).

Actual robo-players are either cool people that go around interacting with the crew a lot (since they can't do much otherwise) or complete shitters that do far worse things than spamming pipes.
Service Borgs tend to be very social and bro tier, MedBorgs are always asses in terms of attittude but they'll always try to keep you alive.
Miner borgs are rare but they bring cool shit for everyone usually.
Only SecBorgs tend to be a problem since you can't do much besides beating the crap out of people. If you see someone going SecBorg when there's nothing happening in the station that needs one, he's a shitter.

I'd like to propose a "new" game mode. It's something easy to code too since everything is mostly in place already.

INFINITY MODE
'cause, you know, this being infinite chan and all

Essentially, it's like the old Traitor+ game mode: if all traitors die, the game simply makes more.
The diference would be the kinds of traitors. Traitor+ limits it to normal traitors. We could simply make the game pick from all kinds of traitors, even mix it up. Nuke Ops + Wizard? Blob +Changeling? Anything goes.
Balancing it of course, no raging mages +blob+nuke ops during low pop.

The second change would be to ERT and Death Squad.
Since we have the NT representative, we could include him on this.
How it works:
Centcomm will send a warning, essentially asking "Is everything alright there? Your crew monitor looks rather empty."
At this point, the NT representative (and only him or a crafty changeling/genetics savvy traitor) can use a special terminal in the bridge to reply that yes, everything is alright. This check will be repeated every 10/15/20/30 minutes (we should vote and pick a suitable interval).
If the NT representative instead replies "SHIT'S FUCKED, MAYDAY" an ERT will be sent composed of the dead players.
If the NT rep fails to respond in 3 minutes, NT will send a warning "We are sending an ERT team" and after 3 minutes assemble an ERT crew from the dead players.

Why do this? Because there's limited options for crewmembers to return to the game. If someone is cloned, the crewmember count rises again, so no problem, but Mommis and cyborgs deplete station resources. After a few "siliconizations", there's little chance the remaining 4-5 ghosts will return this round. This essentially becomes a "soft-restart" that still takes some time and is fully lore-compatible.

What about the Death Squad? It functions similary to the above minus the NT rep intervention (not required at all) and without warning. For a Death Squad to be sent, something very catastrophical happened to the station.
The conditions are:
Essentially, you'll always see an ERT team on drastic situations. If the ERT saves the crew, job well done! If not, NT will erase any trace of this station's existence. For cosmetic reasons, we can have the station blow up after Deathsquad wins.

This are the major changes I'd like to make this don't change the game all that much and play with the content we have.
Some other changes I'd like to make that DO change the game heavily are a respawning condition.
When the traitors die, before rolling for a new set of traitors, the game first allows dead crewmembers to respawn in Centcomm as new people (they don't keep their identity, random bodies and names).
Optionally: this could also be enabled 15/20/30 minutes after someone dies (again, we'd have to pick a good value).
Why? Because some traitors remove people early in the round and then fuck around forever without doing anything.
This is mostly boring, especially if someone is caught by surprise at round start. This puts a bit of pressure on traitors to actually DO TATOR STUFF and end the round. They can be sneaky, by they have to sneak semi-fastly after removing someone from the round.
Up to the moderation and playerbase how they want to handle this. I can see two ways:
The simplest way, we change the respawn to "you're cloned back at Centcomm" and you keep your identity. Or…
You gotta RP it. Of course you'll be suspicious of the guy that killed you. But revealing his name/meta grudging would be against the rules and you'd get a "respawn-ban" meaning you wouldn't be able to respawn for a few days (up to the admins how long). It's mostly a priviledge that shouldn't be abused. If it's abused, it's taken from the player.

Ideas? Changes? Criticism? Shitposting?

so basically what happens when buttons are pushed, the game mode? sounds abit redundant

Question, does our serb support FEV? Been sticking monkeys with VRS and virus combos for a while and nothing's combined.

I like it.

we got vra it does work but there's a very old bug in it that it doesn't actually work, it's being worked on but no real ETA on that

Thanks. Oh well, guess I'll make do with separate symptoms then.

sorry

Well, the idea is to work like an auto-admin that doesn't need to forcefully restart the round.
The only diference is that instead of only picking new traitors, it's like picking a new secret game mode withou you know, having to restart the serb and all.
The antag combination thing is optional I guess. I'd like to mix it for funsies, having the serv simply picking "alright, let's start another rev round and spawn revs and only revs" can be done, but I'd like the serb to go "you know what this revolution needs? KOMUNIST MAGIC" and toss in a wizard.
Note: traitors aren't all on the same side.

For real now, I just don't like when a round resets and I miss having rounds that went for up to 4 days.

well in order for that to work we'd need to make some round types actually work mid round

OH, certainly. Some of them have some weird code and would need tweaking.
I'm reading it diagonal style, and so far, what I think can work is:
Haven't read the others. But rev raised a point I hadn't thought about. We should have a way for someone to elevate themselves to Head of a department if there's no head (or the head has been dead for 5/10 minutes).
Otherwise, rev simply isn't chosen since no heads. We could have Centcomm awarding PROMOTIONS for raisins. Mostly for flavor, wouldn't do anything else in all other game modes except revs.

FLAMING MANBOULDER EVERYONE

that'd be decent, specially if the NTR could do it

So I upgraded the cloner to do autocloning and jackass chemist decided to ingest insane amounts of black powder and suicide bomb space vines
CMO gave him flaming virus and ignition made him allahu akbar the shuttle into nothingness

Also upgraded gibber produces so much meat and gibs off a single corpse it lags the server and if you have say 5 of those I think you could legitimately crash it

the food processor can also be upgraded
sticking all the meat from a fully upgraded gibber into a fully upgraded foor processor quadruplies the amount of meat faggots you get
this all, of course, lags the server to fuck.
you can also use monkeys for this, which you get for free in science or you could just grow botany in the science backroom with an upgraded biogenerator

I'd have survived, but what blew the shuttle and what happened to barkeep? I took the piano and next thing I know it was a repeat of the football running scene in the dark knight rises.

Barkeep got drunk and started shooting, which resulted in an unfortunate tomato incident, and the chemist consumed 1000u of gunpowder, lit himself, and we hugged, blowing everything to hell.

Another good round.

Did you check spooky over there for a toolbelt?

Since gangs overwrote it I feel I should explain.
I got miscreant, make the whole station be out for your blood. I succeeded I guess, with chef boy.

I had no choice. It had to be read.

He was my old body, i knew he had no toolbelt.
Eventually I was let out, got on the shuttle, and then i blew up a fuel tank, but it didn't light me.

Feelsbadman.

YOU DID IT ANYWAYS DIDNT YOU

no, he only welderbombed, which didn't ignite him.

that lag was actually a really shitty bomb that i did on the asteroid as mommy

Success achieved.

I hate having a job. The neet life calls to me.

Rolled easy objectives and got my first ling greentext though; so I have that going for me.

But can you truly become a neet in SS13?

that is the easiest thing to do
just go grey tide and isolate yourself somewhere

Congrats though. feels good to get them, especially after a couple months. I think the first time I got double antag with like 7 objectives I almost said fuck it right then and there.

Nothing beats finally escaping in disguise, with targets down, a brain in hand, and just about every heads precious item.

That was an infuriating round.
As I was told to cap: pic related

Knew I should've raided the armory, but I guess I just implicitly trust low-pop to be comfy

the fuck is that in the pic?
is that a xeno-penis?

No,it's a mohun monster

could its penis be a xeno

i knew about upgrades but never actually bothered to try the gibber and didnt expect this to happen

So I found an interesting ""exploit"" that's very niche but powerful

Doesn't work in the chem synth, thank god, but in the rare rare event this happens, you can delay your robustness

niggers lay off on the powergaming. you know who you are. regulars are only helpful if you basically broadcast "im retarded!"

when we move on and try to do on our own its annoying when 10 minutes in an assistant with all access tables us repeatedly and says kek get robust.

this game thrives on roleplay. what do you have to prove by setting up singularity, R&D, med etc in 10 minutes and bullying anyone trying to legit job?

all im saying is that its annoying to try and run cargo legit when some fag who has upgraded their ID runs in and ignores everything, orders what they want, and will get away with it too.

I mean you win. But what are you getting out of it? I just want to job and call people niggers. Not get ignored until an hour in a glowing fag with cap access runs in and TK's my face off.

phoneposting for the love of god forgive that spacing

CIA niggers must be trying to infiltrate.

Had a long spiel, but I'll instead sum it up as I agree with your statement.

Always order guns as cargo.
Cargonia with guns is terrible and powergaymin.
But people busting into cargo to order shit ignoring the actual cargo tech are worse.
Order emitters, point them at the door.
Order monkeys and virus, infect them and place the Nurglites in the lobby to guard your realm.
Order mouse traps, emitters and fuel tanks. Booby trap maintenance.
Order boards and materials to make your own chem dispenser.
make 200u Blackpowder grenade, shove it in your pockets.
Pull it out if you so much as see something move.
You must teach the crew, user. You must teach them to fear Cargo.
THEY SHALL FEAR THE LOBBY SINGULARITY GENERATOR.
THEY SHALL FEAR THE 3 ANTI MATTER SHARDS.
THEY SHALL FEAR THE 7 TURRETS SET TO LETHALS ON CARGO BAY.

THEY WILL KNOW FEAR

*notices your singuloose* OWO whats this

foreverily spaghettified and loving every moment

If we were a less respectfull and more erotica oriented station, I'd sugest someone cobble up some "singu-vagina" sprites and have a 5% chance every singularity becomes the Vaginularity.

But we're a serious and respected station.
We don't do that sort of sick thing.
No, we don't.
Really.

MOMMI MILKY

last round was pretty fun
too bad we realized that you have to scan yourself again after being autocloned a bit late

Server is dead for 5 to 10 minutes while we update and go public

Server is back up.

Time to make some special ketchup.

Kut-Ku

i want to die

me first

Huh, alright. Not sure if it's on the list or not, but after completely robotting myself, head, torso, arms, and legs, and seeing my own lungs on the floor, I still suffered suffocation damage in space.
Also apparently pressure and temperature. Temperature I could understand if it were HOT, but the vacuum of space should be fine for a completely metal man. Cold (at least space temperature) and lack of air shouldn't be an issue.
Make it the oxygen requirement head and torso, and then for pressure, all body parts must be metal (otherwise the fleshy bits succumb to the lack of pressure). For the pressure bit though, reduce the damage taken for each part that is metal.
To sum up:
-Took suffocation damage.
-Still get temperature warning even with a winter coat, though with NO ORGANS I don't see why it would help. The whole point is to avoid needing a hardsuit, so… pointless?
-Still get pressure warnings.

Overall krokodil is way better, and is even easier to do.

Even better is genetics Cold Resist, since that makes you immune to pressure changes and cold temperatures, though you can still be burnt to a crisp. Doesn't involve you almost dying (if set on the wrong conditions) to adquire and is applied over everything else as a bonus, plus you still remain human instead of becoming nonhuman and getting badlided by the AI's shitty lawsets.

yup it's on me list of things which I complain about excessively but no one really gives a shit about sadly awhile ago someone was going to learn how to code inorder to change aug'in up abit but that server died

double bonus

you can't heal your self via any other way other then tools, not even admin healing will heal you, it's frustrating as hell.

I know how to code, just how bad is byond code?

The game code itself is bad and that's what I usually hear. No comment on BYOND itself.

From what i keep reading around here, despite knowing nothing of code myself, is that it's a fucking pain in the ass to figure out and uses a titanic inheretance tree for a whole load of features. Specially something like augmenting probably interacts with whatever controls human characters and surgery operations which are their own gigantic messes on their own that also interact with a whole ton of other shit that may break if you change something there to accomodate for new code.

Wow. A potential rats nest.
Well I'm dead because the singularity ate me and there's no new positronic brain, so I'm going to look through the github.

Nice IC In OOC

Chill eh?

Actually I deleted your clone entry before killing you.

Never forget

>when the gibbing gets so intense your 566 bpm song plays at 60

wouldnt this mean you can stick it in a cloning pod and have in generate oodles of the chem in your body

MEAT
E
A
T

One of these days someone will be so autistic they'll remake SS13 in Roblox.

So, being a slime is cute.
That spam tho

Is there an R&D guide to follow? I spent the round just deconstructing whatever I could find.

pastebin.com/raw/9SvSuiHC
Its mediocre but it does the job.
Its also the first sentence in the wiki 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/R&D_Guide

it's like C only undocumented

byond.com/docs/ref/

byond.com/docs/guide/

are basically the only few things we've found

what did he mean by this?

Roboticist probably abducted him and put something else there.

pretty decentish film tbh

i didn't die to the cloning meme
i was the guy who built the conveyor

well space in this game is actually extremely cold, don't think it would be this cold realistically

Always good to pull something with you any time there is zero-g. Can't count the number of times my Annie-pillow saved my bacon or cut time from a drift.

nerf silicons fucking bullshit is too op plox

bet that nigger spammed the whole map with pipes too

Actually no, but it may have been on to-do list.

this is why spiders are superior

What if medicine was made more complicated?

Things like

the thing is, making med more complicated highlights just how trash combat is over all and you can see this with /vg/

???

That would restrict you only on large doses, but semi-decent doctors don't waste 50u of Dermaline on someone anyway. That's a decent start of an idea however, drugs decaying into something else that can be potentially dangerous and your body has to deal with it first.

If someone shows up with 2 types of injuries, he's gonna need both drugs but then he'd take damage from both. Unless the condition is "heal if the right condition is present, damage otherwise" which would mean Doctors would need to administer the precise amount of medicine or you'd end up hurt anyway.

That would make healing said wounds far harder as the only alternative you'd have would be the cloner and currently people are already thrown in it for anything, really.

What you need is serious injuries that aren't healed with drugs. For example:
Take enough Brute damage and you get broken bones, something that will take an advanced treatment and not just Bicardine.
Take enough Toxin Damage and you get some of your organs failing, requiring an operation.

The problem however is that, much like says, /vg/ has more complicated medicine as does Bay and the result is boring gameplay since it takes ages to heal someone back up.
The whole point of medicine is to make combat more scary since there are harder consequences. If you can slap on a bandaid and be all good, you'll go fight people anytime, but if there's the risk of heavy bleeding and broken bones to take you out for longer, then it becomes something you avoid.

And while for High RP servers like Bay or "muh hardcore features" servers like /vg/, it works quite well. But if a playerbase wants lax combat, try telling them "now you gotta wait 15 minutes in the Medbay before you can play the game again".

Approximately how hard would it be to make the piano able to point in other directions?

New sprites, basically. New states for each would basically be a single line change.

Pretty sure there's a value that handles sprite rotation.

Like how there's liver medication in real life, or NSAIDs, etc.

Not necessarily. If you had a drug that healed brute and burn damage for example, it might be one type, and you might have another type that only heals radiation damage, but very effectively, those two might not be compatible, for example. Or you'd have an easily made drug that slowly heals everything but easily overdosed and generally incompatible with things, or a more difficult mixed version that isn't incompatible, etc.

I'm sure it's a good idea with potential, I just don't want to throw down a major overhaul without better input and direction

What are some features you'd like merged?

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30028
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15738
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/13019
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15227 (And by extension the whole subsystem on github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/3073 which adds vouchers for vending machines, Its good)

Reminder that anything that affects status effect damage types (such as blindness etc) might not be directly portable

Left/right rotations are easy with mirrorwing, but how do you get north/south sprites?

Mirroring doesn't look right when the object is asymmetric.

There's a variable called Transform which uses matrix math to rotate/scale/offset an sprite icon. Not sure if adjusting it is a good idea or not.

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20985 (custom fps)
github.com/yogstation13/yogstation/pull/1297 (space parallax)
ss13 looks so much better with these, and inb4 "muh toaster can't handle it and I hate when things look better" you can just turn them off in the game settings, I think both default to off anyway.

Parallax breaks on older systems that do not have Win. Vista or later IE graphics acceleration features, even when turned off. Things like Mesons, Tray scanners and Xray will display a very distorted screen and space itself will be unnavigable unless you like vomiting from the motion sickness.

Custom FPS is entirely possible though, has no downsides that i know of in older systems.

server is so low pop the amount of shit medbay has is enough and nobody has to mix shit
also half the niggertards couldn't even apply a brute patch and you expect them to pay attention to injury type, bloody type and dose

I like the broken bones and organ failure part, surgery is underused

also currently you can just spam yourself with brute/burn patches i think and pretty much never die in combat because it's instant healing which is fucking retarded

I think a way for patches to be balanced would make them work instantly if you use them on someone else, but if you use them on yourself require a moment to hold still like a syringe.

Surgery is underused because it's pretty much a chore that someone else has to do for you in order to maintain your existance. If you even get damaged in such a way that you need surgery to keep yourself alive or combat-ready, you're 100% reliant on there being a competent doctor to cure you, else you're fuuucked.

Also bay-tier broken bones/organs are terrible. If you even get them broken once, they'll constantly be failing to you even when they are "repaired" and you won't be able to run ever again, making you completely defenseless as speed is still king in either stuns, melee or ranged combat scenarios. Getting your leg swiped by a single 10mm round as a security officer is the same as 15 minutes of anesthetic-fed surgery, around the same time you'd be on the cloner if you actually died. If broken bones/organ failiures are implemented, they have to be different from this bullshit.

You actually can't do this. Something about OD thresholds keeps you from injecting yourself with more than 60u of each healing chem 30u for all-heals, including tricord, DD and omnizine except Anti-Toxin, which makes your metabolism purge other chems quicker if it's active on your body anyways, regardless if they're healing chems or poison, like Calomel does except it's much slower and heals toxic damage.
ODing on a chem like Bicardine, which usually heals brute damage, makes your body randomly take brute damage until you die. As you can't heal from other chems except all-heals, which are highly inefficient and slow in handling mass damage outside of triple stacking techniques, your only other recourse is purging chems with either anti-tox or calomel. Yes this does apply to Silver Sulfadine and Syptic Powder, where ODing on them makes you take insane amounts of burn and brute damage, respectively; though their OD thresholds are higher and they do NOT heal overtime unlike Bicardine or Dermaline/Kelotane.

there should be a timer for both since patches are just overpowered
maybe reduce the healing too, they are piss easy to make

you can do surgery on yourself, the way you do it doesn't seem to be intended (you strap yourself to a roller bed to be able to use the tools), but the feature itself does, as you have a chance of failure (which currently doesn't do anything except for few very specific steps and slowing progress), as opposed to regular surgery

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/11402

are you going to do the work it'd take to get things like this mergable or are you expecting the team to do it for you?

I'll put that on me list but basically we'll need new sprites if it's to not look abit silly

would be nice although I'd like stuff like nebulars, solar flairs, planets, asteroid belts and stuff to really make space look interesting bonus points would be to have celestial bodies actually on the z-level which travel around and effect space ships/mens flying around

And if you remember to alt-click to take your ID out, you will never risk getting robusted by a securitron set to arrest unknowns.

tbh

When fps is set to 0 (default) the client just ticks with the server like normal, should have no effect on old machines. That's too bad about the parallax though, I'm surprised you can't just turn it off completely and have the game run like it always does. I guess that would require coders we don't have.

FTL13 does this already, you can orbit plants that you see in the parallax background, and even land on them to go mining and exploring.

the issue with ftl13 is the lack of content over all

It's like they wanted to make an interesting universe with all the existing zlevels already present in SS13 but couldn't be bothered to map more than just the one shitty battleship or add more content to either department that could be useful for the whole space combat scenarios.

I mean, where are the enemy boarding parties? Why are enemy missiles just random explosions on the ship? Why is looting such a goddamn clusterfuck that yields virtually nothing of value asides from more ship laser guns?
Engineering itself is a mess because of supermatter and limited atmos restrictions from nuTG. Why does this ship need a goddamn xenobiology department if you can't use it for anything? Security would be understandable if they had access to space gear and lethal weaponry to deal with enemies boarding but there isn't even mob spawns of that shit so they just end up as the standard mallcop shitcurity and relegate the actual combat of mobs to Miners whom just fuckoff into a Lava planet the first chance they get to place a radio relay and teleporter on one. You can't even teleport into enemy ships to take them out/take control of them because they removed fucking telescience and enemy ships aren't even physical.
Medical is useless outside of crew killing eachother or Cold Resist. Bar would be useful except nobody RPs on a combat-focused server so it just ends up as another useless area. Cargo itself is a broken mess of mechanics that rely on the Admin to unfuck that shit and spawn things for you if it doesn't want to give you points from thing you're selling at stations.

Oh, and god-forbid telecomms gets bombed. Else you rush to get another 6 arrays made into the ship at random locations or you end up with chaos once the first enemy that breaks your shields send a missile at you. Not like anyone cooperates on this gamemode anyways, the only thing you need to worry about is the two guys in the bridge controlling the consoles because not even the MAC is useful for killing enemy ships since you can just spam 600 lasers at them for thrice the efficiency and half the cost in resources if engineering is even a small modicrum of robust.

hey don't forget about fucking space carps every other moment

That shit fucking sucks. It's a space battleship but the mayority of the outside hull is made of fricken windows instead of reinforced metal. It makes no sense and was likely made on purpose just to piss people off. Specially with how limited in resources Atmos is and how much of a mess it takes to fix this in-game even with RCDs.

the ship it self is all sorts of retarded look at this crap

Asides from the internal issues with the departments, the design looks like a fucking ricer ship straight out of Wipeout. I mean look at this shit.
Why couldn't they design it like one of the actual FTL ships? Like, the actual rectangular box-like design of the first ship you get access to would be more than enough to set it appart and gives it less points of failiure even if you make all of the external hull into goddamn windows.

it stinks of they have no real talent and are just whatevering tbh

I have no capability of doing so myself because I'm very stupid when it comes to code, but I'd like some of the construction options we lack to be ported. In particular reflectors and button frames. Unfortunately I think I set something up wrong because I couldn't get bounced laser shots to injure me as they should be doing, but the webm should make it clear what reflectors are all about.

They also reflect emitter beams.

There area couple of minor improvements I'd like to see as well, for example alt+clicking on objects to rotate them as I do in this webm as well with one of the reflector arrays.

if you could get a full listing of these lacking construction options things would be much easier to list

As far as I know it's just the reflectors and button frames unless you include other smaller branches related to TG, like Hippie which also has code panel frames and screambots.

I'll download the most recent TG and see if there's anything else that's missing tomorrow when I'll have some more free time.

thank you

If I could code I wouldn't be shitposting in the thread now would I

I just don't want false hope for things that could take awhile since we only have two coders after all and a lacking of everything else more or less

I do hope you've got a list of things you'd like to see though. I try to keep track of things but I don't always get everything

THe one idea I ideafagged that got spritework done.

Also, when are we gonna get REAL syndies?

the last lot of REAL syndies mentality turned the game into a 5 minute round fest

Can you perform surgery on yourself? If so, how?

using a bed and buckling your self in with your tool in hand

I'm talking about appearance-wise. Nukies aught to be Eurocorp agents.

This, just pay attention because sometimes you will screw up steps and have to try again

reskins like? sure just put the effort into it tbh

Most if not all of the assets should be pre-existing. The furthest extent of the work is making an edited version of some of the in-game items and having the stats equate to the standard issue stuff.

Actually come to think of it, the eurocorp agent could be an interesting idea for an antag.

the part where like 3 roles just spend the whole round playing a fucking minigame is pretty retarded
I have no idea how they do it, must be autistic as fuck
I'd rather just play ftl itself

yea, also in FTL literally every room is separated with airlocks and a hole in the hull only affects one room and these tards have huge hallway that's split into few sections at best

at least it wasn't nu/tg/ zas where you'll get raped the moment you even think about entering an area open to space

aren't they in process of rebasing to nutg though (i think they already did?)
only thing that saves those faggots is the fact they get a shitty one-use space suit in the box with internals
never seen anyone but me using it though

it degrades over time and fucks if you take it off at all

will mein potato run this

it's a very old game

is that a yes

it's a "it should do but I've seen otherwise"

I can run this on a pentium 3 with 512 of ram. I don't think it really matters what you're using as long as it can run windows and load any html internet explorer page.
Though, that's our server. Other servers may be more resource intensive, like TGstation.

thanks anons
ill be on in 2 hours if i get the time

B U M P

nigga like, just play game

no u

nothing appears my screen
fucking Holla Forums only recomneds meme games

How the fuck are we going to fix it for you

You have to wait for the resources to download if you're just connecting to the server for the first time. It's about 70mb so just wait like 5 minutes till it loads.

chaosyourgod has unofficially stepped down as host, I'll still pay for the server but that's the end of my involvement.

I apologize about every fuck up I've done and I hope that you'll give the server another chance at the least.

everything has been transferred over to 8chanserverhost.

I will miss you, friend.

Good night sweet prince.

RIP in peace

So is this like alimony or something? How close are we to cuck culture right now

So he disappeared without a word and you're taking up the reins? Or was it something else?

Hello, the server will be changed to avoid chaos unnecessarily paying for something he shouldn't be.

Apparently spiderfag got upset about something he did in the morning or whatever so he broke down on OOC and said he's quitting over some silly shit.
I thought it was a joke but now nobody's even joking about it on the serber anymore.

There were plans in the devchannel to phase him out for at least a week, or something about him feeling guilty about people avoiding the server because of him? He wanted to step down for a while. I don't know, I just want to play VIDEOGAMES

The fuck does that even mean? 8chanserverhost was the one paying the bill wasn't he?

Despite the name, I wasn't the host.

That's not confusing whatsoever.
It's completely and utterly confusing.

I made it my name because of the confusion.

Is there a list of mods/admins at all?
Some pyramid of power so us plebs can know who to praise or blame?

So you can dramafag, It is only VixG and I.

datamine harder
just use the adminhelp function and shitpost as hard as you can

does this mean the server is alive, or?

Um, what? You don't have to take turns. You can freely go wherever you want

The server will stay alive until the next thread, until it is replaced by my own.

could you wait till after then? it's paid up till then

Each shift is referred to as a round you big dummy.

Ummm no sweetheart…

God damn phone. Coukd you explain your autismal lack of understanding more than a childish rebuke?

Go be new somewhere else please.

Ummm yes autismo they are
hence the fucking reason its called round start and the gaymemodes are called round types

After the thread dies, caqn you post the new server IP?

The new thread will have the new server ip.

Bay and other servers don't have much of a problem with Surgery because Medbay is always staffed and you can always find someone inside. Smaller servers won't have that luxury since many Medic players gear up and then fuck off around the station.

Surgery makes it a requirement that someone plays Medic (not unlike it's a requirement that someone goes Engineer…) but it also requires something that most players can't be arsed to do: actually talk and roleplay.

Everytime I play Medic, I try my best to make every patient's visit a bit better by talking to them, asking about what kind of trouble they've been up to, do the whole "eat your apples!" spiel as well.
However most Medics throw patches or stuff needles on you before shoving you out, if they don't just stuff you on Cryo and then drag you out before you can get up.
There's very little dialogue between players during those situations when it's a perfect situation for some chatting.

Servers that implement this kind of things tend to frown upon combat, at least for anyone not supposed to be in combat, so nothing of this is a problem to them.
For a regular server, you just have to make sure you can actually fully cure people and the odds of contracting these conditions start low and increase with damage done.

A simple but efficient idea is to cap limb damage at 20 points, giving you 2% odds of contracting a condition there based on previous damage. The first hit never breaks a bone, but at the cap, you'd have 40% odds.
Organ damage could happen instead when targeting the torso while the Head can give you brain damage instead, and either of these can actually kill you.

You can perform surgery on any table or roller bed, the idea being that Medics could help people in any situation they couldn't reach Medbay. You can also use several tools to replace the medical ones, like knives for scalpels and welders for cauteries, but each also has a failure chance.
The point was for ghetto surgery when real surgery isn't available, self-surgery was never intended, it's just that you don't drop your items when placed on a roller (or you'd piss off your patients).

Doubt that will work. Adminhelp shows the user names of admins now.
Frankly, the admins shouldn't even announce their name on the threads, just say there's someone hosting and leave it at that, there's no need for names.

The Github is the only "flaw" there since it requires accounts to work with, but you can always make it a requirement that you'll only accept merge-requests from accounts named "SS13 user XXXX" and everyone that wants to contribute makes one, picks a number to replace the XXXX and uses that instead.

Names never brought anything good in these threads except for a few IC ones like Annie and that Fire Safety clown. And ironically, IC names where the first ones to be removed :^) what a great help that was

Wew, that was a comfy shift, where (almost) nothing went wrong, and we simply left the station with it (mostly) intact. Good round, nice to have those once in a while. A T still won but his only goal was to live to the end, so not much of a T.

I had to disconnect at the end due to personal issues. Sorry for the other officer if he had to drag me out of engineering for that.

And about wolfspider, i have only one reaction pic for his departure.

[giggle]

What would be hilarious is if spider isn't actually leaving, but making his non-shitter puppet his full time personality.
Meta-administration stability.
Multi-mod drifting

But nah, that only happened with the SCP wiki.

w-what did you mean by this??

Actually I was a ling. I offered to bribe the gods with space dosh for ling powers because space journey was inevitable and pirate gunners are bullshit. The price was that I had to kill the traitor, which I did do. I ended up killing the CE first because I found a full plasma tank in disposals and there were 7 missing from his tank. I revived him asap when I check him and he was clean. The scientist then tried to minibomb us because the CE was one of his targets. One medium-rare harmbatoning later and he was in the gibber. He had his tc uplink open and everything, but only one TC left so nothing good. Then we did spess exploring for a while. I was loyalty implanted because I'd been doing RnD , and we had a MoMMI, a Sec officer, and a scientist. Ended up resuscitating the two humans a few times due to the aforementioned pirate gunners being the aforementioned bullshit, but we got a few cool things out of it. When we finally got back, I did some cooking, fixed the atmosphere in medbay from a hole that happened some time while we were gone, and then I did the gateway.

The clown's name was Hot Sauce

Why the fuck is Dream Maker so shitty?

W H Y
H
Y

Turns out I had my own fucking server running and it couldn't write to the output file, I'm a goddamn idiot

Been mucking around with overlays. In general, made the gradient a lot more consistent.

Soon you will be able to have up to 16 discreet levels of blindness associated with your character. This is in addition to the checkered and textured overlays. The highest blindness level is a black screen, and at level 13, you can barely see a tile away. The most drastic changes are seen between levels 1-8.

Psst, next compile should have multiple lobby images

red slime extract is broken and produces nothing when injected with plasma, as opposed to the mutation potion its supposed to make for slime breeding. fix plase.

When you inject it with plasma, it creates Glycerol inside the slime core, to be withdrawn with a syringe.
The wiki seems incorrect, the code doesn't have any reference to additional mutations, but this instead creates explosive reagents to use.

gay.

Incidentally, I didn't think a 60u nitro grenade would do a 4/9/19 explosion, fuck

Atmos guide on the wiki is in DIRE need of an update. It mostly relies on images that aren't there, plus it's descriptions of where things are seem to be off

Vignette? Yes? No?

I thought it looked nice at first glance but it darkens it too much, kinda shitty

Here's an idea for a low-pop antagonist: Saboteur

Basically things like

Basically something between vandalism, stealing important (but not unique) items to help the Syndicate, and crippling the station

fuck mistake

why do we need an antag that does pretty much what everyone else is doing

wait till after September, don't waste my money you straya fag

nice

nice

yes

that's not actually something fun

no one wants to update it other then that one guy who did alittle bit and me who also did basically nothing on it

I would love to contribute, but there is only so much I can do when I know so little about the game. The admin of the wiki even says on the talk page that they need to update broken links, which is mostly images, but I don't know what most of the images refer to, especially when they circle or point to specific parts. It would be a fairly simple fix, I imagine, but you need to know what images go where

the real issue is that no one really knows the full extent of how wrong the wiki is due to the fact that the original team has fucked off without leaving any nothing behind for people to actually work with next time

Well that's why people who know the game (or at least parts of it) well go in and correct mistakes they see. This isn't a complicated thing, all it takes is some effort from common players who want to help new players

it takes more effort then people are willing to do

fugg, is spiderfag kill?

yes I am the kill

no

*suicide

WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD

WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD

WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD