Horror Thread

What videogames are currently spooping you, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/10421908/Alan_Wake-GOG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

absolutely spooky

This video game is currently spooping me as hell.

What's your opinion on fixed camera horror games Holla Forums?

I desperately miss them. Horror can work well in first person as well, but there's just something about fixed cameras that lends it's self more to atmosphere. Also they require actual artistic skill. Insert images of REmake (cube version, not the butchered HD remaster) here.

I like 'em. Which is odd as they used to mildly annoy me, but now I find myself wanting them to come back.

Did you pick up that question from the Saturday Night Horror threads?

Should be brought back. From a psychological perspective, feeling responsible for the death of a distinct 'other' (fixed camera) is much more disturbing than feeling responsible for the death of what only acts as your avatar (flexible camera). Same thing as with tank controls, really.

Plus, fixed cameras naturally allow you to pull off all kinds of spooky stuff.

STILL NO GOOD FUCKING RULE 34 ON DREADOUT

Webm related.

Reminds me of the Infested Soldiers on Speed from Dead Space. Although the dividers were scarier.

Whale-like sounds always get me. Doubly so if coupled with thin yet at the same time very tall enemies.

The best when someone else is playing while I hide behind the couch

I still have to find a game that spooks me visually instead of using sounds or startles aka jumpscares.
Give me your spookiest shit Holla Forums.

Scratches.

Scratches actually is complete shit gameplay-wise, but has one or two scenes that will make you shit bricks beyond reason

Cleared Fatal Frame on Saturday Night (got a D ranking), should I go directly onto II next or play something else, like Haunting Ground or Siren?

Also, why did PS2 have so many good horror games?

Play 2 for sure; it's the best one in the series. My opinions are facts so I know I'm right

have anyone played vaccine on the Switch? It looks so comfy with it's look alike RE graphics.

I happen to enjoy horror RPG, they just have good build up but no financial support, for my example try to imagine if IB was made in similar quality the games like owlboy are made, but that's me.

Never actually heard of that genre. How'd that even play if you can just grind to punch the face off the nasty monsters?

Which are some games that have that "horror in a small town" feel? Kinda like Silent Hill or Deadly Premonition I guess. Has Mizzurna Falls been translated yet?

I like fixed camera angles, also I like when you can't control the camera and it moves in weird angles, like in some of the Silent Hill games
I don't like it that much when they use it for cheap kills though.

Play FF2, it's a great game
Early 00s was the golden age of horror vidya, technology was good enough to make a good narrative focused game (like horror games) and youtube still wasn't a thing so the market wasn't saturated with crappy amnesia clones.

Actually that is the issue, you can't grind, you just run away like you are about to be raped in prison.

Alright, will do next time I'm in a spoopy mood.

A lot of RPG's don't let you grind in a number of ways. Most are like Yume Nikki, though. An RPG by it's creation method alone, there's no levels of combat.

well, guess I have to play this finally.

F.E.A.R's horror segments have really had me groaning, just aernt scary. I might be a bit startled by the first scare. But theyre so blatantly telegraphed after those first scares that it loses it's effect like that.
But when the horror section ends, and i know that combat is imminent… OOH! Its the "scare the shit out of yourself by pushing a box off a table" kind of scared. Then it's juicy action…

I've been replaying FEAR and its expansions, just finished Extraction Point. I remember the first time I played them I willingly put myself into the "get spooked" mindset and I thought the games did quite well in that regard, but once you've been through it the effect definitely wears off since you know what's coming. A couple of the jump scares still get me because I managed to forget about them but that's about it. I will note that Extraction Point doesn't do Alma all that well but some of the new creepy stuff they tossed in works from time to time.

Also this is the first time I'm playing with EAX options enabled through ALchemy, it's nice hearing the game's sound design amped up with some nice new effects.

Like Ao Oni 2 is not already enough nightmare on the android, wish the just kept it on PC, or atleast made a PC version, the game is great but Ao Oni is op, blue ass faggot can fucking teleport if you change screen, for instance in last screen if he's about 100 step away from you, on next screen he will be LITERALLY close enough to rub his cock on your butt and make us cry like a bitch, not to mention he is not as fast as us if not faster, this is not what we all wanted, it's better if they just leave Ao Oni 1 alone with its last update.

Instead they use the RPG system rather manually in most cases, for an example in games like IB a menu below you save, which is perfect, status is strong factor in making the player feel immersed in the game by adding things like "bleeding" or "crying" sometimes, the profile in inventory menu also changes its expression in some cases, it is good since the focus is on the story and mystery and horror factor rather than combat, now on the other hand Gokuto Jihen had a hell of potential to make a great combat similar to Zenobia, even if it was small and sadly lasted barely a minute.

The start was pretty tense especially since you have so little ammo, and if you're entering a new area running away from an enemy might lead to getting blown up by a trap. After playing a bit longer I just loathe running into anything that has an instakill or is a jumpscare. Pretty fun trip I'll admit.
Not really a horror game, but I dislike the deep ocean and knowing that I'll eventually have to go deeper if I want to get the resources needed to eventually escape the planet makes me break into a cold sweat sometimes. Recommend a pirate.

Fuck me. I didn't know i could get spooked like that.

kek

Subnautica is one of the scariest games I've ever played, legit stressful at times.

Things like sweet home are great examples.

Just because something was made in rpg maker doesn't make it an rpg anons.

Obligatory

Did anyone ever play the gbc port of alone in the dark? Its pretty impressive visual wise for the gameboy.

Seems good so far
Thanks Obama

dont play the wii remake with the british accents, ew!

Actually yeah, the only thing that actually sends chills down my spine is some colossal being just being fucking there, not giving a fuck about.
Bonus points for no explanation or justification for it being there as well as blending with the environment well enough for you to not instantly notice it.

I will ask again for some recommendations.

Do you have any horror vidya where the government poses a threat and helps the paranormal in fucking something up. Shit like:
I want a kind of paranoia-fueled story where everything seems to be working against the main character. This and different paranormal conspiracy things like SEELE.

I would also love something where everything starts normal and then slowly goes into the realm of uncanny valley.

you might be interested in Ecstatica, an old, fixed perspective horror computer game from '94. If you can get the sound/music working you are in for a goddam treat, even if it's kinda frustrating to play by today's standards.

it's probably one of the few games that disturbed me when I first played it years ago and if it weren't for some control issues and dated graphics it'd be mentioned in the same breath as Alone in the Dark and RE.

So it's a horror-comedy game? Sounds interesting.

I tried to play Amnesia a few weeks ago and got stuck at the wine cellar.
Nothing spooky happened but I got the Nope achievement.

Amnesia is okay, it's nothing amazing but compared to rest of the horror genre today it does it's job alright.

comedy is stretching it. I'd just say it has this very European style of gallows humour where they're not afraid to blend explicit horror with goofy/weird moments.

Cyberpunk horror is like Lovecraftian but instead of tentacle monsters who humans cannot comprehend you have conspiracies about people whose "tentacles" control every part of the society that humans cannot comprehend.

I want a horror story that has both! Preferably about an evil conspiracy of crazy people whose "tentacles" control every part of society that humans cannot comprehend, that works for tentacle monsters and is crazy enough to do something crazy and horrible with humanity as a whole.

Not exactly a horror game per se, or even a spooky-themed one, but I got fucking spooked out of my fucking skeleton while playing empyrion: galactic survivor an early access title that I got dirt cheap and is a surprsingly decent minecraft in space with actual graphics:

I killed them while completely panicked and fucked off forever from that place. It might not sound impressive or anything, but the fact it happened in a minecraft-clone in space that never even hinted at the possibility of such scenario probably added to the effect. I might try a second expedition but not without being armored and armed to the fucking teeth and then some.

Tried to play this game once and almost destroyed my toaster. Shame, since it looks fun.
Also it seems pretty confusing.

Is it one of those never ever EA game? The minecraft bit tells me yes

Yeah, it's optimized in the sense that it runs at a high framerate without issues, but certainly isn't made for lower end machines. As for the gameplay, it's still rough which is sort of a trademark of an early access, but recent patches have made things a bit more easy to understand, and the online is pretty healthy with lots of PVP and PVE, and is also constantly patched so it gives me the impression that it's being legimately worked on rather than being abandoned.

The main issue is the starting point, where you have almost nothing and have to use the piss poor mining tool that takes a gorillion years to get ore and eats fuel like no tomorrow, but once you get the tech rolling, the gathering aspect becomes much easier to manage, much more so when you get to the planets with the rare resources that net you the best gear and devices available.

Played through this twice and these guys still freak me the fuck out

Agreed, Amnesia is overrated. My problem with Amnesia is that it gets too easy to trick the monster and some puzzles are retarded. Somehow this one corpse is completely petrified but it has blood that hasn't coagulated? The player made maps for Amnesia also tend to be shit too, they tend to recycle the good parts of Amnesia without ever experimenting and sometimes you get completely retarded shit like having mysterious a letter to and signed by yourself as 666xXx_Sepiroth_xXx666.

If you're interested you can try Space Funeral.

Space Funeral isn't really a horror game. More like comically absurd.

>check jewtube for still enjoying them
Help?

Add "longplay" or "no commentary" to your search.

World of longplays brother, its a channel dedicated to just the gameplay, no screeching faggots.

It's a surreal parody of RPG maker developement, the creator even said so.

I was hoping to find one that wasn't cancer and actually made commentary about the game instead than screeeching or talking about random shit about his life….probably have to do long plays then

Honestly we could do with a list of non-cancerous LPers who just play games while giving dignified commentary of their thoughts on it.

I mean fuck, just filtering out the ones with fucking facecams would get a shit load of the really bad ones out of the way.

Can you guys recommend me some good Cosmic Horror? I kind of feel like no other genre makes me feel the same dread than Lovecraftian stuff.

Ghosts and monsters just don't feel the same after you know that there is a genre completely centered around the fact that humanity is fucked in every way shape or form.

Aside from that, are there horror games that did Satan good? Like are there games that managed to make the devil actually scary? I know some horror movies were able to, maybe some books but I don't know about games.

What kind of games would you be interested in watching? I've been wanting to do a longplay for some time, but I could also do some light on-topic commentary on the video.

Scratches spooked me good tbh
that scene in the furnace

the furnace scene and the spooky ooga booga closet dreams were pretty good. Shame the rest is basically just patrolling the same rooms repeatedly to see if your actions had any effect on anything

HRRRMMM?!

Twin Peaks just keeps on getting creepier and creepier, it's reaching Eraserhead levels of horror.
"we are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives inside the dream" and "but who is the dreamer" was fucking spooky as fuck, reminds me of Azathoth.

First nice quads.
Second, Eternal Darkness is the best lovecraftian game imo. You could also check Call of Cthulhu out and Dead Space I guess.

That whole scene was creepy as fuck, Lynch is really good at giving his movies that eerie vibe

The problem with FEAR (besides relying on jumpscares) is that it's difficult to be actually scared while you just got done playing berserk monster to several squads of elite soldiers. It's like playing through Resident Evil but instead of playing as an somewhat isolated character, you play as a Rainbow Six style squad with ammo to spare. Not even the BOW would be very scary then.

This feels… Lewd.

Thinking about playing either Amnesia, or Eternal Darkness since I never played either one.

Holy shit user you tapped into the most niche thing of my life

Fuck the goose and the ghosts

Those are very good games, although very different, I'd recommend going with Eternal Darkness first

I wish Fatal Frame would come back to playstation.

2 was my favourite. I played the remake, thought it was pretty good as well. I also played 4, and thought that was decent. I never bought a WiiU so I couldn't play 5.

It's honestly my favourite series but I feel like it's teetering on the edge of extinction, because it seems like Nintendo just hates it.

Eternal Darkness hands down. The insanity effects are something you'll never see in any game, ever again.

except amnesia, the monster was so easy to break / manipulate i had fun messing with it

im a giant pussy and i just want to enjoy the spooky genre

If you like horror games with a "weapon" in your hand to defend yourself, and (most) of the scary things are enemies you can fight off/kill, then try Fatal Frame.

One of the best things about the Fatal Frame seroes is that it's very arcade. You take pictures of ghosts to do damage to them, you have different types of "ammo" (film) that does more damage. As well as lenses that provide different effects. Various things can be upgraded as well.

You get points depending on how you shoot the ghosts with the camera, like getting more than one ghost in a shot, or taking the picture just before they're about to hit you, knocking them back etc. It has really fun gameplay alongside incredibly oppressive, spooky and creepy atmospheres.

Has anyone here played the Obscure games? How are they?

Only played the first one, it's good but better if you have someone to play with you

Siren: Blood Curse is aiight

I played it back then. Couldn't get into the weird stealth system, then again I was young and stupid. I'll give it a go.

Have some Cry of Fear.

Anyone have the torrent for Alan Wake? Never got around to buying it and regret that I lost the chance to.

has anyone thrown money at the vaccine the switch game?
I don't have enough dollarydoos for that game.

Here, have the gog installer and keep it handy. thepiratebay.org/torrent/10421908/Alan_Wake-GOG

You really should have been able to find this yourself in about 5 seconds, fam

infohash: 4039D085A503304321C9BEAA78F53BF9F32CB3D9

if you insist on buying it check one of the grey market resellers

i checked the share threads and found nothing
i thought piratebay was compromised so I didn't check there
sorry

There was never any evidence that TPB was compromised, and it's currently the #1 torrent site by a healthy margin. Either it's the biggest fucking honeypot in the world, that is waiting years and years for the first wave of prosecutions to happen, or it's good to go.

I'm going with the latter, but I'm always open to some solid proof that it is indeed compromised.

t. totally not FBI :^)

gib qt gf from that anons country.

did you guys see this shit?
cyberpunk retro psychological horror, fuck yeah!
very aesthetic, reminded of Blade Runner

since are shilling for Eternal Darkness, I'll shill for the other one
Amnesia basically rebooted the horror game genre (following their first game), still is one of the spookiest most atmospheric games there,
on the other hand Eternal Darkness is good consoley game, meaning that it does get freaky but you get distracted by the action

I WILL SHILL CONDEMNED CRIMINAL ORIGINS IN EVERY THREAD UNTIL EVERY MOTHERFUCKER HAS HEARD OF IT

Go on, user, it's a great game.

I remember a thread where it listed freeware pc horror/mindfuck games. I've been looking for those because I want to get super spooked. Any recommendations? The more fucked up the better!

I really gotta finish it one of these days. The second game is the one with the bear, right?

I didn't stick around when I posted it in the last thread unfortunately.. Did it get any traction?
Second game is the one with the bear, yes

the PC port was not bad, too bad it's not on steam or gog.

Is this the list?

It's on steam. It doesn't count hours played for some reason, I have 5 or 6 on it.

thanks gonna get it again after I get som o dat welfare

Damn that list is old! Also
Will this list ever get an update?

I think that was in the thread but it mostly focused on those home made free games you know? I guess Ao Oni is the closest I can get to describing it and I know I'm not helping much. But thanks for the post!

That game was nothing but cheap jump scares. Most of which were laughable in their predictability.

Waggling controls were a neat proof of concept, though.

What game are the manikins from in the top left? Seemingly inanimate objects watching/stalking the player always spooked me.

Those are from Condemned: Criminal Origins, they're pretty creepy in game.

Awesome, thanks.

(checked)
PLAY CONDEMNED

The female ones are in condemned? Huh.. I should really finish it, but I've gotten to the part where I have to chase the guy taking photos and I just know he will jump me some point.

Well, it scared me. Specially the level on the office.

WILL DO

GOOD

Goddamn that was a fucking great experience. I love when games that aren't supposed to be horror have horrific elements out of fucking nowhere.

Downloading it now, is it any good?

From what I heard this isn't that deep of a horror game a few jump scares but not a lot of fear from it. However it apparently has a rich worldbuilding that sucks you in to it. Someone said that he sometimes got confused as to if he was jacked into someones head or actually in the "real world" in the game.

Not surprising since layers of fear was less than spooky but pretty damn beautifully surreal.

horror games don't really spook me and never really did
I just like really cool monster designs rather than goasts and other low-level spookery.

and after a while you start getting tired of silent hill's pulled pork dick-shaped fleshlight-handed monsters

I've played Condemned 2, does the first one also go batshit by the end of the game?
No spoilers please, just tell me if the plot starts losing it's shit

She looks like she'd be good at deepthroating.

The purple thing looks retarded, not terrifying.

Great game there.

From what I know.. Yes, to a degree

Why's the HD REmake so bad?

Sounds better than Condemned 2

They ruined the backgrounds because apparently someone burned the original assets. Sometime you should compare the backgrounds from the Cube version to the HD version, the HD version's backgrounds are a joke. Still a good game at it core but the art style got really fucked up by whoever the talentless hack was that made the new backgrounds.

not sure if it counts as horror, but i'm playing through RE2 for the first time
the thunder noises in REmake scare my dog so i never finished it

Looks familiar. Where is that from?

White Day ~ A Labyrinth Named School

Shit, I've always wanted to check out evil within and outcast with maybe amnesia but all of them are cancer prolific

game honestly looks awesome, I can't deny, that Blade Runner feeling in beginning is baiting me
what obama has to do with anything though?

It's a meme, you dip

Good ass game. A bit easy for an RE title, though. Has tons of extra content with difficulty selection to make up for that, however.

I've been replaying the whole series and I'm about halfway through Nemesis right now. I love the idea of running through the streets of Raccoon city instead of being confined to a single location. I love the nods to RE1 and 2 and really appreciate the difficulty after beating the earlier games a dozen times each. Nemesis does a fantastic job of actually being threatening and scary in the early game. The ammo creation system is a good idea but I feel like it gets a bit overpowered if you just make a shitload of grenade rounds.

I have to say that this game is probably the biggest departure from the original formula while still being a "classic" Resident Evil title. It might be my favorite when I'm done but I doubt it will have the longevity that RE2 did.

evil within is a giant disappointment that is definitely worth a play but is kind of a failure over all. I hope the sequel unfucks itself and fixes the shit that didn't work in the first and improves the good.

That's because CV was supposed to be 3, and Nemesis was supposed to be a spin-off.

There's that new game out, "Oberserver_"
It's from the same Blokes that made Layers of Fear.
I thought Layers of Fear was okay-ish, but had too much "walking simulator" with little "game" in it.
Oberserver_ draws me in for the cyberpunk atmosphere though, I think I might put up with it if it keeps that atmosphere throught it.
Still gonna pirate it anyway.

I like when horror games make me question my erection.

Silent Hill 4 is best SH, prove me wrong.

I fucking love SH4 user, but the correct order is:

SH2 > SH1 > SH3 > SH4 > downpour > shattered memories > homecoming

Just beat RE3 today and holy shit that final fight, man. A bit disappointed in the lack of rocket launcher finisher but we still got a cheesy line at the end so I'm sated Really neat game, though I'm worried about the replay value in comparison to 2. Mercenaries is a load of fun but the regular campaign seems like it will only be good for one or two extra run throughs unless S rank is really hard to achieve.
In the end I have to say I don't like the dodge mechanic. It either makes the game a breeze or just gets in the way since it can be triggered with the same button combination as shooting. Fighting hunters was a nightmare when I was constantly dodging accidentally and getting hit anyway. Looking forward to Code Veronica to bring me back to my Resident Evil Comfort zone.

It's really fucking sad. And it's not just NoA's localization practices either. NoJ seems to just not give a shit about the series.

They could actually make a really neat portable one for 3DS but they just did that Spirit Camera bullshit.

Games like SMT IV/Apocalypse and Monster Hunter look pretty damn good. And Fatal Frame usually focus on small oppressive areas like rooms in large houses or hospital rooms with only a few large-ish They could easily pull off a decent Fatal Frame game on 3DS, if they didn't want to spend the money for another full console game.

It's just so sad. There is NO other series like it. It has a mixture of creepy, oppressive atmosphere with arcadey gameplay, upgrades etc. And the signature taking pictures of ghosts with a camera, and even saving them too.

Games like Fatal Frame, Silent Hill. Games like those don't deserve the hell they're going through.

Nintendo buying the Fatal Frame shares was a mistake.

you'd think it'd be a no brainer for the switch or 3ds but apparently nintendo doesnt like money because if it was even half decent it'd make a killing

SH4 is my favorite, but you are completely right.

Makes you gotta git gud at inventory management.

Technically you can kill them if you have the sword or silver bullets, though.

Well, yes, but you're going through different areas of those levels, doing new tasks in them.

You mean you don't enjoy taking care of your waifu?

Thats part of the charm.

PCucks btfo.

My ranking would go 4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > the rest.

what game is that

Just finished Observer.

Shit's nice, but barely qualifies as a horror game. Most of the jumpscares (but not all of them) take place in VR 'mind dive' sequences. Devs surely took couple of pages from Amnesia - there's couple of 'sneak past the monster' bits here and there.
Sound design and music are absolutely gorgeous though, atmosphere is top-notch too. Futuristic Krakow with rich Rutger Hauer's rich voicework is sure something. Visuals are great too, especially the distortion and noise effects (you'll be seeing a lot of them).

sideboob ghost is the best kinda ghost

game seems pretty overall atmospheric horror, but honestly seems week on story/horror and went a bit overboard on the glitches and dream weirdness

Fatal Frame 5. WiiU only.

Has lots of nice, wet clothes. And ghosts. Being wet also plays a part mechanically.

Good. I will shill it every thread if I have to.

Silent Hill 4 is second best Silent Hill. It's extremely underrated, and often gets shit on for not having the same mechanics as the first three games. The series didn't really start to become shit until after 4 and around when Origins popped up.

There really should be an expanded list with some basic thoughts on the type of horror and reliance on stuff like jumpscares, I'd be happy to contribute if such a project was started.

Humblebundle's current bundle is about horror games

-Dead Age
-DreadOut -Includes Manga + OST DLC
-DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
-Lakeview Cabin Collection
Worth 1$?

If you don't already have dreadout then absolutely. The others I can't vouch for.

These things should never cross paths

SCP Containment Breach, anyone?

Add "Uncanny Valley" to the indie list.

it's shit and isn't scary though

Condemned 1's plot gets a little wild near the end, but absolutely nowhere near the level of bullshit that happened in 2.

Blood > F.E.A.R. > Condemned

Not really scary but just finished Nocturne. Holy shit that was good. There is abbot of shitty things about the game but it was still a great experience. Gonna check out the "sequel" Blair witch game that was made with the same engine. Otherwise just been going back through the original AiTD series here and there.

don't you see? the only way to save the horror genre is to become the horror our selves!

RIP monolith making good games

Yeah, I picked it up along with The Mummy 2 (also on GBC) back in the day.
The backgrounds were very nice - added a whole lot to the eerie atmosphere.

Minecraft used to do that for me back in the alpha days.

Anyone played Darkwood yet? I remember seeing beta footage a few years back and it looked interesting.

If i only cold play Nocturne again, it crashes evry time.

was it autism?

I've yet to play the latest build but it's a fairy meh game tbh

werked for me when i ran it in wine on gnu/linux

Thread is boring.
Post scary vidya webms. Pictures aren't really that scary.

Nay verily.

Coming to think of it, do you think time-based win conditions are critical for horror games? Be it just for the best ending or just to get a good ending at all?

Be sure to play the second one before you play the first one.

Those were a hoax done by Spaniards to get shekels.

It was a fear of losing hours of progress, in alpha it wasn't darksouls-tier casual shit where you could respawn and fast travel anywhere.

I mean, I've never played Dreadout but she seems friendly enough from this webm, giving you a key and all.

SFMs do exist

if they do exist, they're not easy to find.

Didn't you get drawfags to make some?

Have you played the best horror game of the year yet, Holla Forums?

I do like my dick a lot.

But I also like Fatal Frame in general.

I'm sad there's no custom maps for the COOP of this, I was lucky enough to try it out with (((friends))).
Also where's that flashlight attachment from on the Glock? I don't remember ever seeing that in the game.

Isn't this just some weird fetish game about being beaten?

iirc it's not that great of a game and besides you'll soon be able to emulate it anyways.

Is Fatal Frame better on the PS2 or the Xbox?

xbox

DS2 was fucking cheeky with those assholes. They put one right around a corner as soon as you leave a power node room into a room you're already familiar with. The games were never that scary though

Life

PS2 has better framerates, less bugs, a more interesting difficulty curve and I find the camera HUD less cluttered
XBOX has per pixel lighting, better resolution, an undub (which has a few bugs fixed but a few new of it's own especially crashing related to costume changes) and Fatal mode.

Honestly it's not worth chasing a XBOX for but if you have one fatal mode is a neat new way to experience he game.

Wew, dont see that often.

I can't change the fucking FOV of scratches and it's giving me a migrane! The game *might* be good, I'll never know until there's a fix.

Funny, because I thought the horror segments were fucking anoyning in the literal iretating sense. Whenever one came up I would say to myself 'not this garbage again'. The only thing that I would consider surprising me was the fucking ladder, and that's just because they had put an enemy in my face. Actually it would have been a bigger spook if it actually was one.

I think Fatal Frame 2 also has Xbox exclusive content.

I haven't played that version, only the PS2 and Wii ones, but I think Fatal Frame 2 overall are still my favourites.

Am I the only one here that's played Nocturne? That game was awesome, while the acting and animations where crappy the atmosphere, especially the environments (except for 3rd volume) were amazing. Granted the game was a little boring since you were just running and gunning all kinds of mythological beasts in empty, yet beautiful, areas. You had all the classic horror tropes (zombies, vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein, elder gods) and a cold protagonist who didn't give a shit about anything but killing shit. Oh and don't forget about prototype Bloodrayne broad that runs into a mess of enemies or a trap and dies every 10 seconds that is if she isn't getting stuck behind a wall - don't even get me started with the western level where you have to escort people to the church the AI is literally retarded. Anyway, if you haven't check if out you can download it pretty easy since I know most of yu don't even buy game. Just be prepared to sit through hours of setting the game up if you have anything higher than Win XP

Why are gook devs incompetent?

What happened to the guys that were making Amnesia and Penumbra games?

They're blogposting about game design and haven't publicly stated they're working on anything since SOMA.

shame the 3rd game was a mess and just awful all around, they actually had a fairly interesting plot
But they were never scary, it was fun for spaceship derelict exploration though.

Is it really that bad?

What the fuck is that cover?

user, you look at that cover and tell me it looks like a good horror game.

Just got Alien Isolation, wat am I in for?

A terrible game.

Fuck…

Another game where you just hide behind boxes and inside lockers the whole time from a fucking enemy that JUST WON'T LEAVE FOR FIVE FUCKING SECONDS! LET ME EXPLORE SHIT!

It's indie Unity game tier.

can be spectacular if done right. It's best when used as a tool because the screen can show one thing while the physics can show another and it's one of the few things that can give the sens of extradimensional issues.

you should play The Desolate Hope.

Platforming mixed with some realtime RPG mechanics.

remember how you were always on the edge of your seat and scared shitless of a rex showing up?

You get this instead.

Managed to setup this badboy on PC with no crashing. I beat the game in a couple days doing all the sidequests, and damn it's a good game. It's shitty gameplay is so quirky and charming that it becomes good.

I tried for days to get that to work right. It's the only game I've ever had to abandon because it just flat out refused to work.

Yeah, it took me a good 6-8 hours of tweeking settings just to get it running. I couldn't beat the last boss because I played with the aiming bug, so I had to run in 98 compatibility mode just so I could shoot the boss.

To be fair you might as well just watch it on youtube. Swery removed the difficulty settings from the PC version because he wanted everyone to beat it so once you get a no-durability melee weapon the game becomes a joke. Other than the Killer-cam chase sections which are very silly.

Apparently there is a mod that gets rid of the alien and just lets you play the game.

This game is a great memory for me, I remember the day I went to the mall to buy the game the day it released. I had to ask an employee about it because I couldn't find it anywhere and they had no idea what I was talking about so they had to search in storage, they only had 3 copies of the game, I'm pretty sure I was the only one buying it where I live.
Great game, super charming, I never played it on PC though but I have heard it's a very bad port.

The PAL cover deceives you into thinking its a better game.