Gog

The jews are giving a [[[free]]] game at gog

Deadlight was alright, it's like a silhouetted cinematic platformer. Never did complete it because of this one persistent bug halfway through.

Is that the co op zombie game?

Holla Forums, stop ramming people with cars

What did he mean by this?

gog more like zog

Also buy the {{{piñatas}}}, goys.

torrents download faster than gog ever did for me.

I am mildly confused as it relates to the implications of OP's formatting.

Depends on the amount of seeders retard

Free as in free weekend or free as in free software license?

There's always plenty cock vacuum

gog is drm free you fucking retard
what the fuck do you mean?

Holla Forums is a board of peace

So GOG, the platform that is proudly and extensively DRM-free, actually gives out a free game that you have uncontested freedom with and a retard thinks he has an obligation to make a thread about it?

Shill harder.

Come on man, keep up.

I don't understand why you're calling someone a jew when they give something away for free

everyone knows that Holla Forums is just a bunch of jews roleplaying as nazis

Self hating jews, user.

You mean nazis roleplaying as jews.

Actually, judging from all those "Holla Forums is more diverse than SJW", they seem more like a bunch of non-whites worshipping whiteness.
It's really funny when you think about it, that the true racists on earth are almost always non-white and yet you keep being told that only whites are racist.

The democrats are the real racists.

:^)

No, it is mostly whites. But non whites are attention whoring faggots, so you are programmed to think that way goy.

Use the meme correctly you faggot and what do you mean free? Do you need to install their shit to get it or something

you still haven't explained what the fuck you meant

What a crock of shit. At least steam is honest about the dick it shoves up your ass.

Most pawns are created by other players online, how else do you expect to access them?

Without downloading a third party program.

HEH HEH

Then you're better off not playing DDA at all, because every single version of the game on every platform requires third party DRM for online pawns to work

Yeah but only GoG claims to be DRM-free, the original point of my post before you got your panties in a bunch.

Holla Forums is always right.

But it's not and neither are most of the games on it. You're a sucker for thinking otherwise..

But I don't think otherwise, as you can see by my posts where I point such out. Stop sucking cocks user.

You can play the game with no only. Obviously the game doesn't have a dedicated server ans the structure of the game would make direct connection play useless.

I don't see how GOG Galaxy is DRM since you don't need it to run games if something is just to play online, and you have to be a giant faggot if you like to play online anyway.

Jews should love Hilter, I mean, after all, he gave them their own country.

I don't see how GOG Galaxy is DRM since you don't need it to run games

Where are all of you GoG apologists coming from? DRM is DRM. Fuck off. I would have zero issues with GoG's practices if they stopped telling people blatant lies about it being DRM-free.

Well a more accurate statement would be the Democratic party as an organization is racist rather than the policy of being a democrat is being racist.
And even then it's technically not racist because the goal of a "White Minority" isn't even out of spite for white people as a demograph, just more the strategic advantage of being able to racially pander without having a more or less 51% automatic opposition.
But even then in your perview of philosophy, this is the point of the electoral college to prevent this kind of thing from taking place, because on a pragmatic level America is an idealogically diverse country before racially.

You run right through a series of impossible to fuck up one solution physics puzzles to get to the end of a pier where you remember your family were eaten by zombies and you are crazy then you die.

I just saved you 3 boring brown hours.

you can download it for free, there's no microtransactions, it has no DRM and nothing attached. i don't see the problem.

If I want to kill zombies, I can just go outside.

Mark really looks and sounds like a young version of the jewish merchant

Except it is indeed DRM. You can boot the game and play offline if you want.
What you don't seem to understand is that Pawns are shared online into a server and stored there, a server you have to connect to if you actually want access to said database because it doesn't come nor should it come with the base game.

Just how exactly did you expect this to work? Everytime someone uploads a pawn GoG sends a deliveryman to your house with an USBdrive containing a backup of said pawn so you can add it into your game?

Even with a third-party app, you'd still need a server to host the files that your game connects to, unless you feel like manually downloading every pawn you might want ala Artifical Academy, voiding most of the purpose behind the stones that do that same thing in-game.

About the selfhating thing?
A long time ago Holla Forums wanted to know how pure they were using their names as a base on a website, the resulta was they were jew related by name. I dont have the cap

Silly goy, all games at gog are free

(checked)

It's shit anyway, clunky as fuck with awful UI

Yes, this is what I am arguing. What you don't seem to understand is that it doesn't matter how pawns work, what matters is one who buys the game from GoG does not have full access to the game unless they also use GoG's custom DRM client known as Galaxy. Saying you can play the game offline does not negate the fact that the online portion is locked behind DRM, that kinda spoils the "DRM-free". If GoG could not manage to make the online work without forcing their DRM as a middleman than they should either drop the claim that they are DRM-free or not sell the game at all if keeping their DRM-free status is more important to them which it clearly is not. What stake do you have in GoG that you would argue against the most binary thing imaginable? A game has DRM or it does not. Dragons Dogma on GoG has DRM even though they claim to be a DRM-free platform. This isn't disputable, this is objective reality.

Is it even worth the hard drive space ?

I wouldn't call it survival horror, or even horror. is probably the best description. I personally enjoyed it, but nobody here can tell you whether or not you'll like it.

I can play pretty much any type of game, so long as there is good gameplay and preferably a bit of challenge.
If its just "muh narrative" I will drop it real fast.

Cinematic platformer as in Prince of Persia/Flashback/Oddworld?

I fucked it up, I mean it wasn't DRM.

It's exactly what matters in this case since this is the only thing that you need online for.
If Dragon's Dogma did not had pawns, the GoG version would indeed be DRM free according to your definition.

You have full access to everything in the game without using Galaxy except for a multiplayer feature that needs online connection regardless of what's used for it.

Unless you can provide a solution that gives players a central server that hosts their pawns for automatic downloading\uploading as you play the game, you're gonna have to accept that someone else will build said solution and you either use it or you forfeit said feature.
But then again, you do not need it to play the game, so it's still not DRM.

Stop. You're starting to make the classical mistake of atributing motives based on "he's on the other side" mentality. Don't do that, it's silly.
I merely hate when words and expressions start losing meaning and I'd really wish DRM-free did not became one of those.

Fact is, you can throw your router off the window and still play Dragon's Dogma entirely. You don't get the player-created pawns, but that's something you'd need internet for regardless of what solution was implemented and it makes as much sense as saying that Dark Souls has DRM because of it's PvP.

The fuck is this

This trend needs to stop

Gameplay-wise, the closest comparison I can give is INSIDE, but with less of a focus on horror, and more of a focus on either running for your life, or solving puzzles.

>less of a focus on horror stealth

Well, it´s a game about zombies.

But it does.

Key word.

The solution is GoG drops the claim that they are DRM-free when they are selling a game that has DRM. This is going to be the last time I repeat this because it's become clear that you don't care about reality and just want to excuse everything away.

What exactly is DRM according to you? Does locking out game play features not count? As long as you can access the main menu and hit start game it doesn't count? Where is the line drawn for you? Regardless of your opinions, presence of DRM is binary thing, and in this case it's a big fat one.

I don't think I need advice on how to argue from the user denying objective reality.

Then stop contributing to it by calling a DRM-laden game DRM-free. Holy fucking shit. Starforce isn't the only kind of DRM.

Ok, how do I download other peoples pawns this way then?

Oh so you mean I don't get Dragons Dogma entirely.

I don't decry the need of an internet connection, just Gayaxy. You would have caught that if you kept your eyes on the conversation and off GoG's dick.

The fact that they need a FAQ page solely to justify and explain their pinata thing shows that it's probably a shit idea

So it should blend in with dozen other similar titles?
What happened to long titles like: Adventures of Link, The?

you're the reason why the cinematic experiences meme is pushed in videogames

DRM: Digital Rights Management.
A feature that requires an online connection to work to begin with is NOT DRM. They are not denying you the game just because you did not logged in, the Pawn System is not an attempt to regulate who can play the game. You don't even know what DRM means.

Spore had DRM. That was a game with a similar concept of player-driven content shared online, but that part wasn't the DRM itself. The game would outright refuse to play if you did not register that copy of the game online, no feature was available including Single Player unless you worked along side with them.
This is NOT the case for DD. If you're too silly to see a difference that's on you.

Says the guy arguing semantics. The reality is that you need a server to host the pawns and way to communicate with it. This will ALWAYS need an internet connection and it will ALWAYS need an account system. That you deny this and brush it off as DRM shows that you are the one that doesn't care about reality.

No, it doesn't count. DRM locks your game entirely, that's it's entire point.

Refer to the point I made about you denying the need for a central server and connection to it.
Refer to the solution you proposed to allow offline access to said server. (none)

By your own retarded definition, the internet is DRM. Consider how silly you're sounding right now as you download some more DRM to read this sentence.

The pawns are an extra created by the players, it wasn't bundled with the original files (and that wouldn't even make sense).
There are pawns for offline use of every class anyway, the only thing you'll be missing is the custom version made by other players that merely changes their looks and even then you still have that with your own pawn.
At this point you're complaining that you don't get the online features by playing offline.

Then get Steam instead. Or PSN+. Or any other solution that gives you this feature. And if all of these are not good for you, then maybe consider that a central server to host pawns is not gonna show up and stay online for free and it's gonna require accounts to connect to anyway.
Also consider that you're complaining about missing what amounts to a cosmetic mod since you still get pawns even when offline, and demanding that an online solution is provided for you at no cost in terms of maintenance.

Wasn't the director's cut version worse than the original? Steam reviews are full about complaints about the unresponsive controls.

You missed the entire fucking point of this conversation if you are seriously suggesting this as an alternative, I'm not even going to read your post. I am genuinely, hyperbole-free, aghast at how this conversation went so utterly over your head. Your willingness to bend over so backwards to excuse DRM is disgusting.

DRM implies that the game has no stand_alone installer to use on a PC. this is true for every pC format from Steam, Origin to Uplay. GOG lets you download offline installers to install the game without the need for a client or an online connection, so there's no DRM whatsoever.

Godspeed you fat kike

Try and suggest an alternative then. Maybe once you start to consider the logistic problem of hosting a server for free with no security regarding uploads, you'll start to understand why people "bend over for DRM".

By the way, tell me exactly what features you're missing by playing offline Dragon's Dogma, since you still get pawns.

Partially correct in regards to Steam. Steamworks is their DRM solution and it's up to a Dev to use and implement it.
Rimworld for instance uses Steam for achievements and tracking stuff, but if you launch the game without it, it still works fine.

It's GOG, it's free as in "You get to download it and you can play it as long as you want", unless it's part of all the galaxy shit

You're still focusing on the necessity of an online connection for pawns, which I don't have a problem with, and not the necessity of a user name and password to access those pawns, what I do have a problem with.

Kike shills can't use (((echoes))) properly. Rather similar to how they can't draw a proper swastika too.

You're moving the goalpost then, since authentication methods are not DRM.

If you need an explanation regarding the needs for authentication, it's both for security and as a QoL for the player.
With an account, whoever maintains the server can twart bad attempts at flooding the server with crappy pawns and filling the entire server with literal spam.
They can also control who owns what pawn and that's a basic necessity to connect players, so whenever someone commends your pawn, it's reported back to your username instead of your IP, something that wouldn't work for anyone using dynamic IPs or just moving around a lot.

It's just generic standard behaviour for pretty much anything online to have an account you use to authenticate yourself and make sure that anything done there is accessible by you only.
Without it, anyone could upload a pawn in your name or remove whatever pawns you made, plus there'd be no name attached to pawns and you'd never be able to use some of the mechanics regarding your pawn learning about quests in other worlds.

Is this whole "account" thing really that hard for you to grasp?

Honestly, you're both right.

user, you're missing the point. DRM is anything that would prevent you from playing games for one reason or the other under the excuse of piracy. GOG don't do that except for online games, because you need to be online in the first place to play.
How dense can you be? GWENT is a shitty cards game which main attractive is online playing, what did you expected? Also, is GOG, not GoG, stupid.

I love apu

It was $1 through Humble Bundle last month.

(((Humble Bundle))), not even giving them one cent.

>>>/leddit/

1. It wasn't us, dad
2. no

It's…it's a joke user.
It's a joke.

It's not even a rare joke.

serious discussion have commenced

But does intent factor into this? Even if you mean no harm with a policy, as long as you're discriminating by race it's still racist, no?

I'm not sure that's their idea though. There aren't exactly that many people sharing their points of view nor minorities that concerned with politics to a level they can actually worry about this.
Seems to me it's more a bunch of really good intentions by people with little to no consideration for practicality.

Doesn't seem so now and it's heading really fast towards a future where only communism or fascism is accepted at this rate, sadly.
And the worst part is that both sides get played by being told that center positions are actually not having a stance at all, instead of being the position of trying to be reasonable and realistic.

JOKES? ON THE INTERNET!? IMPOSSIBLE!

All GOG games are free, dummy

You can play EDF online even if you pirated it.
Fuck off jew.

No there isn't shit whistle

Yeah, realistically proportioned characters, realistic jump height, fall damage, all that sort of thing. Not saying it's nearly as good as Oddworld, but there aren't too many cinematic platformers released recently, unless you liked Inside.

This goy gets it.

More like this goy got get.

Just got here to say
FUCK YOU
for stealing my gets.

Hehe I thank Moloch for these quads.

EDF is a good game with a dedicated server that doesn't require a third party program in order to be able to play online. Gwent is a shit game.
Fuck off, uncultured swine.

exactly how long have you been here, and how hard are you trying to fit in?
or are you a shill overcompensating?

Oy vei.

You have to also consider that the policy is to essentially put all races into where they can't be a functional majority compared to the sum of all other races.
You see the "destruction of the white race" isn't seen as the "destruction of the white race" internally, it's more the effective division of the country's racial capital that can be used for the collection of political power. The dick fucks everyone, so to say.

See
When the only thing you need GOG Galaxy is for playing online, maybe playing online is the problem.

See
Actually DRM-free games can be played online without 3rd party bullshit.