ESports in Consideration for 2024 Olympics

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/3y0WC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more popularity = big audience pool of poeple with shit taste/enabling

> (((central governing body for esports)))

Good on them, the Olympics are fucking boring. If I wanted to watch a bunch of sweaty men move around I'd just watch Gachimuchi.

Competitive dicksucking gets more views per annum than e-sports does.
Why isn't dicksucking an Olympic event?

Feels terrible tbh

Soon.

needs more competitive dick sucking

It wouldn't be worth the kind of permenent nerve injury that athletes get.

Isn't there a few sports that have been trying to get into the Olympics for decades? Anyhow, this will completely piss people off, more them the ESPN watchers seeing esport shit.
I'm ready for the reset, Bennu

Learn to live a little, user.

Hopefully this will discredit the Olympics and it will die off like it should have long ago, as it is a shadow of it's original meaning.

So now that I think of it, since video games don't have a specific theme, would it be in both the Summer and Winter Olympics? Is the market big enough for (((them))) to sneak it in?

Football is probably the biggest one, or at least in the US. Baseball wasn't at the past couple games probably because the US was so buttblasted that Cuba kept getting gold, so it'd be a real pisser if eSports took priority.

Agreed. The Olympics, like nearly all modern major broadcast sports, are a spectacle designed to generate revenue for networks from ad agencies. The Olympics are even worse because the host country (or municipality) almost always ends up spending tons of money to build a stadium (and hotels, shopping centers, etc.) just for the games–which are all promptly deserted afterward, creating a slum and racking up huge taxpayer debt.
Fuck the Olympics. Fuck the media networks. If you like sports, go play them, or go watch a local game. Don't feed the colossal international media machine.

Fucking great

It would probably be shoehorned into both. I would not be surprised if it actually does turn into a glorified marketing event for what ever game they would play that year.

Some guy from here just won like 2 million bucks for a DOTA tournament win, it's obvious as the money gets bigger it's gonna be more Diamond League type shit and eventually at least a part of World Championships between countries, but I'm not so sure about Olympics. Then again, curling is an Olympic sport.

Football is already in Olympics faggot. At least the one which you play with your feet.

CURLING TAKES SKILL

t. scotland

I believe you. But it also looks really stupid.

This needs to happen so it can be a global embarrassment for everyone involved. I fully support this.

Good fucking lord just give us the reset already Bennu!

what did he post?

It's not even a trainwreck, nothing fucking happens.
The only interesting part of the last one was the Japan Olympics announcement.

I mean shit even the special Olympics are more fun to watch

That's just brazil, it has nothing to do with watching the Olympics and being bored to death

The Olympics at their core are meant to be a celebration of human achievement and the pinnacle of the human form. But then again they have been drifting from that for decades now.

I say put e-sports in. Hopefully that will make everyone collectively realize what a joke e-sports are. Hell, one country could just program bots to play the fucking games for them.

This is beyond retarded. Videogames aren't and will never be sports.

Like said, curling is in there. Next thing we know bowling will be a fucking Olympic sport.

archive.is/3y0WC
The next step is an AI arms race.

Yeah I watched that, that was less impressive than the AI creators want it to sound.
The AI has access to the entirety of the Dota2 gamestate: It knows the opposing players cooldowns, location, movement and clicks at every point and reacts based on reading those inputs. Ordinary players beat the AI because they found that you need to play like a retard to do so, since the AI is cheating and using information human players couldn't possess.

what if you watch the sweaty women instead?

Now if only government went this way the world might be a better place…

Also seems to be played by attractive women who spend a lot of time bending over. 10/10 sport as a result.

You forgot the most important part.
In a mirror match up, it's won by whomever gets the 1st last hit because 2 damage significantly improves your chances
Once the bots get advanced to the point they can challenge TI winners in a 5v5 it'll be interesting.
Them playing for 1st last hit, specifically with shadowfiend is fearmongering "m-m-muh AI overlords, beaten a has-been who won TI through an oversight abuse"

I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact they would get the most casual, least skill intensive game like League or Legends or Overwatch and call that a Sport.

If it's anything other than Quake I'm going to be mad.

I believe that user is referring to an image some guy posted on the gamergate general where he was on the stage of a DOTA major.