Video Game Figurines

Anyone here a connoisseur of video game figurines? Which ones are good/should be avoided?

Pic related, but it is not mine.

I don't see a reason why you'd waste money on figurines. Can someone explain to me why you'd do that?

Nigger what?

Check the buyfag guide on /a/ wiki, everything there applies to vidya figurines too

They look cool and I like collecting them. That's it.

I don't see why not. It's just an ornament of sorts. Same purpose as paintings, decorations, etc.

I found the sticky note funny, and I didn't want the picture to go to waste

Nendoroids are always pretty quality and virtually everything gets one, so those are a good go too.

It's pleasing to the eye, like furnishings.

You're going to hotglue them right?

kotobukiya street fighter statues are pretty nice.

Fair enough. I don't collect vidya related figures, but have just under 40 anime related figs with 30+ on preorder.

I don't have a huge collection, but they're a thing that's satisfying to have for some reason.

I don't have any because the ones I want are expensive. But I do know I absolutely loathe Funko Pops because they are awful.

Unless they are life sized and have a working vagina whats the point

I would collect these dolls but they are too expensive.. honestly I would buy them if they were $45 buck at most. But nope they go over $90..

Those things are like cockroaches, infesting every single game and anime shop I've been to.

Good god, be choosier than that.

Not everything has to be made for sticking your dick into.

Tell me about it. Why the fuck are Dakimakura covers over 100 dollars? Not like I'd ever need one in the first place, but geez.

Why do I need to be choosier? Everything I have now, and what's on preorder, are figures that I have a genuine desire for.

Pleb.

But everything is made better by having a hole to stick your dick into.

Bought these last month after ending up with some extra cash. Really happy with them, especially getting the pyramid head for only 120 when it's a special variant that usually sells for 300-400+

Still waiting for October, when this beautiful lady comes out. Will stick in shrine.

I browse Amiami daily, but unfortunately, everything I find interesting falls outside of that month so I can't combine shipping. I'm a casual purchaser who likes to specialize in 2hu and can't justify purchasing things outside of that unless they are ridiculously cheap. Expensive shipping alone obliterates that.

I just got this in the mail yesterday.

How the fuck do you store all your figs? I have just under 20 and am in dire need of another case, maybe two since I have a few on pre-order.

I also got the Mika bishoujo because there wasn't a damn thing worth buying at EVO so I figured why not, which is why I had the extra cash I used to buy the SH statues.

That's if they're made of nice materials, given that you shouldn't be buying lots of them anyway it's worth it to get something quality.

Just a suggestion. That's a lot of clutter, and it's expensive too.
Harems are degenerate, but also expensive and space-consuming. Opt for one nice cover with one nice pillow to stuff it.

Horny bastard.

3 display cases (2 full, 1 half full) with room for more.

It's not clutter when they're displayed nicely and cleanly. It's not like I just throw them everywhere around the house. It's not really that expensive in comparison to my income and what I actually spend money on; everything I get is within budget.

I enjoy being a degenerate and I enjoy going to sleep each night with multiple cute 2d girls.

(checked)
The idea of a dakimakura is a bit daft to me at the moment, but maybe that's because I don't have a waifu. Or maybe I do?
Did you figure out who your waifu would be after taking a look at other candidates, or did you know who your waifu was right away?

I have one anime related figure of my waifu, one small souvenir figurine because I really didn't expect to find Etrian Odyssey related merch where I live and a glow-in-the-dark skeleton from some local toystore. I don't feel like I need more, that'd just lessen my devotion to my waifu.

To hotglue

It's still far too much to look at and store, sorry. I've got maybe, 9 regular sized figs over several years? That's plenty to look at and admire.

Honestly, get one if you like sleeping with a full pillow (it's pretty comfy!). The pretty girl is just a bonus.

Admirable restraint.

You will just know when you have found you're waifu.
Dakis are no joke, they are really nice to sleep with.

It's easy to have morals when you have no money.

I guess if you don't have the room, sure. Or maybe you're just not really a buyfag.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Finances and space are no issue. It's just, what's the point of having so many?

Macfag?

I like the characters and they fill my heart with joy. It makes me happy when I come home at the end of the day and see them all there waiting for me.

Nah, collegefag, and a larger bad spending decision has kind of burnt me on buyfagging.

I thought you were dredging up the "sour grapes" argument.

Same. But much fewer of them is quite fine.

these are pretty nice user, especially since they don't have the meme helmet

Sure, but there's nothing wrong with having a lot of them either.

I like an unfortunately niche series of shoot 'em up games and collect the merchandise from it. I have a comic, the "complete" (missing one) soundtrack CD, an arcade advertisement poster that is gigantic (like 3 feet tall and 2 and a half feet wide) and extremely rare tea cups. The tea cups are worth about $125-250 each. Depends on a number of factors.

I think these are like figures, but unfortunately there aren't any figures for Cotton. I do own a sega saturn figure of the sega hard girl, and a few anime ones but those are not vidya.

IT'S NOT A DOLL MOM

I have a couple random ones here and there, got a Sephiroth figure, a Lara Croft chibi model, a Rachel Alucard nendoroid. I also have that ugly Alma statue from the F3AR collectors edition that has the glow in the dark fetus you can see inside her abdomen.

I got k'nex, you can stack them on legos. I remember buying a some sort of foreman thingy but I have no idea what is it from, it's same size of a k'nex but you can't stack it.

I had a golden mario amiibo just sitting there on top of my dresser looking pretty. I was fine with it until my niece went into my and opened it from the box while i was sleeping. It was the first time i have ever beaten someone with a belt, I hated doing it but she fucking deserved it.

I dont even want to look at my amiibo anymore. It being opened ruined all of its charm for me

It's shit.

Didn't happen.

The fig's alright even if the source is trash.

The nicest I'll say about Amiibos is they beat Funkos.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

That guy's mum is right though, it is nice.
I'm not the materialistic kind of guy so at best I have a handful of model tanks that I built but I've never paid more than 30 kiwibucks (about 20 burger coupons) for one. Those good figurines are like 1396020 zimbian kwatchas. I was looking at one of my waifu Saya from Saya no Uta but holy shit man I can't afford that and even if I could I'd rather spend it on something else. Pic related.

Instead of all that plastic crap he should have bought ceiling/wall/floor coverings. What a disgusting room.

Whoever came up with that needs to be shot.

Router crashes are a bitch mate.

Why do you let your router drive?

Why do you feel the need to prove that you've posted more than once in the thread?

Checks out.
Futabu's alright, tho, never knew there was a mango.

The anime is kind of shitty. Definitely read it.

Because he was questioned on it?
When someone cares about shit like that, they'll care about proof.
It's not rocket science.

such degeneracy

If I could take back every time I've ever said this and choose one time in my whole life to ever say this I'd choose now:
Where the fuck do you think we are?

Newfag scouter is off the charts.

I fucking hate the episode with the American nigger. Not even remotely sexy.
The semen test episode is pretty alright.

Isn't like a third of the screen covered with mosaics?

They do that stupid shit with the glans, I think.

I think what's really funny is it's a (1) asking why anyone needs to prove their posting cred.

Thanks for highlighting my idiocy. After all why would anyone but a Redditor care about "posting cred".

I mean like this. The manga is almost always going to be better since it usually doesn't have that ridiculous censorship.

Jesus did they do that for every shot in every episode? I don't remember it being that egregious. Usually ero-stuff only censor the glansline or some stupid shit.

Because it's fun.

Got me A Kongiku back in May, I've got some senrans I'm awaiting payment on as well

Is owning multiple dakis acceptable if it's the same wife?

Nendos are pretty nice. I own more of them than I care to admit

I've yet to pay more than $60cad for one. Where are you looking?

Cam I have your Wargreymon figure?

Whole lotta cancer going on here.

Because any faggot can say anything at any time, so it's hard to trust the credibility of anyone who just drops a load of bullshit and goes. Conversely, people can change their ID through whatever means and drop a bunch of posts to make it seem like a lot of people have some retard opinion, but since they can't post anymore on those assorted IDs, calling out the (1)s is a method of discrediting those posts. IDs helps dissuade samefagging but it also highlights single posters in extended conversation; that's the give-and-take with an ID system. Which i like, personally, but i assume other people would rather risk the samefaggotry.

No.
That baby was 95 dollars and i hotglued him immediately.

Very nice. Been wanting to get something Vanillaware related for a while now. Maybe something DC like pic related.

Good goy, remember to buy another copy of skyrim.

Pops are like nendoroids with all the cuteness sapped out. For whatever reason they look appalling. I had a friend that got this thing called "loot crate", it was a box of random pop geek shit you get on a monthly basis. It always had pops in them, and he'd try to give them to me since I collect anime figures. I always threw them out.

Why don't you just tell him not to give them to you, and maybe not bother with the idiots pushing those things in the first place?

Totally fine, but you should make your own decision on the matter.
What are yours made of though?

You judge by the contents of the post, not how many they've made, doing that is Reddit or forum faggotry. Besides, many things can "unlink" an ID. Torposting is the obvious one.

I made a huge mistake not preordering that sorceress. Though I wasn't into figs at the time

Musclegirls never get the love they deserve

Funko doesn't understand how the charm of super deformed works. The basic bitch of miniature collecting imo
could have tried to sell them off to get good figs instead of throwing them out though

One I'm not sure, but it's comfortable enough for regular use
And the other I lied. I paid an extra 10 dollarydoos for it to be 2-way tricot

Sounds like you're buying bootleg dakis. Nothing to be ashamed about, if you know full-well you're doing it at least.

luigi calm down

Avoid chinese copycats. They always look great in the pictures but then is full of mold lines and shitty paintjobs

Did belting her make you hard?

Is that your collection?

Is the gun functional?

user, your waifu is a man eating monster created by a mad scientist.

Manlet Tears, is that you?

Yes, and no, It's missing parts

my waifu

I've got the exact same figure two weeks ago, looks pretty great. I have Dizzy and Ky too. I might buy the new 2018 Ramlethal who stands as well. I'd get the Xrd Sol figure but I can't find a place where his pricing isn't too jewish for me to buy him when I'm not a big fan of his design. A shame there's no Terumi figures

Because they're soft, delicate and can be completely ruined if you're irresponsible with alcohol.

I have a few vidya related ones (assuming we're counting visual novels too. Muramasa from Full Metal Daemon Muramasa, Fortuner from 7th Dragon 3, Mio from ToHeart2, Michiru from Fruit of Grisaea, and this thick Sonico one. Most of mine are anime related.

How?

Also, that video is amazing.

Just started to collect some. Most of it is nendoroids, two amiibos, and a figma. Preordered the Akko nendoroid, and two more figmas for December and January. Been eyeing and missed the chance to get pic related, but after reading the feedback on the gyro fig, it was a good thing I missed it or I would have spent $80+ for a shitty figurine that has no golden teeth, and has a huge bald spot.

Good smile company always churns out some good ones, and aquamarine. The things you should avoid are funko and medicos, especially the later since the recent releases from them are abysmal and downright jewey. If you really have some money to spend and love some predator, you can always splurge on narin's sclupts.

Damn it. Why does the only Jojo figure line have to suck such balls?!

Nothing wrong with big girls.

Got the new Nendoroid Link recently, the horse is really good.

They're a waste of money, I'll give you that. With that out of the way however, I just like the details and painting. Some like them as non conventional decoration.
Just spend your money however you want.

I don't have a waifu, but I still want one. I already just hug regular pillows while I sleep, so why not hug a pillow with something on it I like?

Everything that's not food and housing is waste of money

Same thing applies to sailor moon figs. You cannot find a decent one where the hair for the girls does not look like melted plastic, and bandai always shat the bed when it comes to releases and quality control. However, usually medicos releases some good to decent ones, but recently they've been shitty to customers, and I don't really understand why the fuck they're doing Rwby figs, but like the gyro fig, its barebones and most likely the heads are wrist jointed. For Jojo figs, the best possible way to get some is do a little more research and find an old release (ex. Jotaro, young joseph, or old Joseph) which has a decent amount of accessories.

That's a shame. All the ones I want are the more recent ones. Which seem to have the stated quality problems and crazy prices from scalpers. Fuck it. I don't need a Jojo figure anyway. No sir. I feel empty…

Why don't you just get the ASB set?

ASB set?

Same, especially the part 7 lineup. But fuck, the huge discrepancies between the prototypes and the weird ideas for the figurines like wrist jointed heads is not worth a hill of beans. Maybe there's some hope for the second release of gyro, but it's best to keep an eye on it for the time being. Also, if you really want a Jojo fig, you can always look in banpresto's lineup and di motlo bene's line.

All star battle line.

Oh. I don't buy statues.

Why not? I actually prefer them to figurines

Well its absurdly humorous but why tho

If I'm going to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a little shelf decoration, it's gonna be something I can at least move around and play with in some way. Plus you never have to stick with just one pose forever.

u gay son?

They're decorative and a memento of something you like. As well as an indicator to any who may see or enter your abode if your taste is shit or not.

Consider suicide

So you?

Alcohol eats plastic.

Ah fair enough user. By the way, what are the Jojo figs that you exactly want?

Feel the same way, but I don't mind having a few fixated pose statues in my tiny collection. If they have some removable parts (not cast off) and it's a series and a character I like, then I'll be happy to get one.

Wanted to get a few Part 4 and 5 figures. Particularly wanted Kira and Killer Queen. Don't know why. I just really like the character.

Looking into it on my figure, and so far, the fig looks pretty good in comparison to the recent Jojo fig from earlier. Though the current price on it so far is bit extreme.

Exactly why I don't have them. They weren't that bad when the anime was running but now they've gone full scalper pricing. I do wonder if they'll make a new figure for the movie version though.

There's always mandarake or amazon, but I guess for buying any Jojo fig it's based on luck.
user, no.

Jesus fucking Christ this looks like a basement where someone would keep his child sex slaves. How can you live like that? Is that even healthy? When's the last time you've seen the sun? Why do your anime figurines have better living conditions than you do?

There's actually one shop in town that has Jojo figures on their shelves. Two big problems though, they're often not characters I want to buy and their pricing is worse than something like amazon. Probably around the same or less than other Japanese import sites but still ridiculous.

But at least the movie version would be Japanese. Like the movie versions of the characters aren't exact in costuming but they have the looks down at least.

(checked)
You can say what you want about the live action movie but it imitates the Anime perfectly in it's incredibly gayness.

good taste, but you're still a faggot

That shouldn't be the one main factor to buy it though. Movie based figs especially live action doesn't really transition well onto a figure or a statue, especially if it's made in huge amounts. If you want one that's based on the live action, you're better off paying a sculptor for a good amount of dosh, or buy the QUALITY fig and get someone to paint and fix it for you.

fucking hilarious

That's pretty amazing. Couldn't imagine the price to get it done up like that, though.

Noeling's works are pretty pricy (his dolls can auction up to 5k or more), but it's understandable, given the fact he'll either do a full makeover of the doll or give the doll a high quality face lift.

I always wanted to get some of these.

I must admit that I confused the pic on the right here for the real thing, and likewise with the bottom part of your picture.
It's a good thing that anime characters aren't as detailed, otherwise this hobby would be a lot more niche than it already is.

i will never understand this. look at all those dust gatherers. look at all that dust. why? it just ends up looking nasty, what do you get out of it except for getting ripped off over shitty plastic?

Well, you're supposed to put them in cases so they don't get dusty and faded.

WHERE DOES ONE GET THOSE

Pretty sure you can get them from Kemoket

Avoiding western made figures seem to be the best bet, especially funko pops. I could be proven wrong though, since I don't buy that many western figures.
Nendoroids are a good start, especially petits if you want to start small and cheap. Matters what you want from a figure really. If you want a big one, you can get prize figures for a decent price (Banpresto > Sega in my opinion).
Have fun on the slippery slope!

Same, but it really shows the craftsmanship from the artist is top notch. There are some highly detailed anime figs, but the one I can think of right now is the art of war which they do berserk related items and other things that you can only get from a wonderfest or an auction off of japan yahoo.

I probably have one buried in my yard somewhere. I used to take it outside and play in the mud and dig 10ft holes and hide in it.

She's a desert flower and I love her!

It's a shame Awakening ended up unleashing so much cancer on Fire Emblem because Lucina herself is alright (and I got that same figma, I like the masked look).

This pic makes me sort of sad, like those pictures of kids having a birthday with just one parent.

Fair argument.

I'm crossed that the myunits didn't get a figma or a nendoroid, but the shitty kamui mcs got both.

>no anus
so close

It is a shame. We can only hope things start to improve with FE, especially after the abortion that was FE: If

because anons like to hot glue their figurine and post it on /a/ for other gay anons to jerk off too. its all very very Jewish tbh

That Lucina looks very good, and since I checked and it's from gooksmile it's likely to be good. I might get it from amazon or somewher, I dunno.

I like the **barefoot* design of Corrin, but I didn't get or play Fates when I saw the fuckery treehouse commited to it. I don't get why they only made waifu Khorne, nothing but the amiibo for the male, but there's still going to be Camillia and loli sister nendoroids while all the Robins get nothing.

I'd buy it in a heart beat if I wasn't so sure it was well over 100 bucks.

It's good that you didn't. Even if you import or pirate it with the translation patch, the game is shit both story wise, mechanics, and cast line (hoshido is shit), save for the difficulty in the nohr route.
I like the two, but I don't have the desire to collect them. Wished they released some of the guy characters alongside some of the awakening cast as full fledge figs or figmas, but that will probably never happen.

It's tempting, but too expensive for me.

only figurine I ever wanted, sadly it's like 300 dollars, fuck that

I'd refuse to buy it just on the principle they got the name wrong.

You can always wait for the pixie and angel figmas

Because I have no self-worth, but the concept of not existing anymore still terrifies me, so I periodically boost my mood from suicidal to melancholy by spending money on useless trinkets that I find aesthetically pleasing.

Best demon, but ruined by the joints.

My erection cannot be contained.

Her face has a trunk lol

this made my benis so god damn hard!

I've definitely seen this image before, maybe on halfchan? It's been awhile I think. That bigass rex is just too familiar.

inb4

You'll never get the staining and smell off both the daki and pillow.

Lol the source is trash. Sad that best girl ended up in a shitty story

Because I love building gunpla. I'll eventually get to the point where I'll use those paints I have without fear of fucking up. But for now, it's seamline removal and panel lining.

FIFY

user STOP!

What's wrong with Firefox? I hope you're not suggesting Chrome is better.

Read. >>>Holla Forums778865

Does that actually affect the browser function, or is it just some virtue signalling side thing they're doing? AFAIK Firefox is open source, so people would be able to spot any bullshit in the program.

It's just virtue signalling. I don't know why the fuck they'd recommend Chrome after Google just fired a guy for literally quoting facts.

>>>Holla Forums767946

Try reading the thread next time, they're not recommending jewgle chrome ffs.
Try palemoon, seamonkey or icecat.

What if I have Google analytics blocked by noscript?

I'm pretty sure embeded sites don't get blocked by noscript.
Either way, firefox is dropping lagacy addons in the future, so even if noscript did block it, it wouldn't work anymore.

It's palemoon and i don't use the side search bar, only startpage.

Theres a fucking Holla Forums thread for everything
>>>Holla Forums767886

I'll definitely switch if they block my addons, I just don't want to bother right now.

pretty sure it's just the seller the got it wrong not the producer, if you notice they also used the mgs4 font

my second major concern after the price was losing it in a pile of bricks