Black Desert Online

It's 10$ on steam right now and I got spare cash in my steam wallet. Is it any fun as a time sink or should I stick to something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9JyV6Nx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you buy it for me i'll play with you regardless of how boring it is

I don't like socializing with others.

there are better games to buy for 10 bucks than this

I just remembered seeing a few threads of it on Holla Forums a while back and heard it was great as a waifu creator, but the combat was lacking. So I wanted to see what other anons thought on the game before potentially wasting money on it.

neither do i, but MMOs are not fun without others sadly.

It has one of the better combat systems as far as MMO's go, it's really satisfying to use and there's plenty of classes that have lots of skill canceling. Almost feels like a fighting game.

You do need to pick up at least a couple of pets though, it's the only p2w you absolutely need because the looting in this game is absolute trash without them since it locks you in animation for every single corpse. And you need to enjoy grinding, because that's the meat with the game along with fighting other players over grindspots.

discord.gg/9JyV6Nx

There is an Holla Forums guild that had the 4chan guild merge into them on the NA servers. We're doing node wars fairly often and can help you out with questions if you do decide to pick it up.

This game is one laborious grind fest, and eventually you will get bored of it unless you like your games with plenty of manual labor and low difficulty before you finally get to the nitty gritty at level 50, at which point the difficulty spikes tremendously. But I wouldn't know, because I stopped playing after level 45 or so, I just heard so from a friend who was also playing at the time. Also there is rarely any group shit in this game, for the most part all the other players seem to do in this game is clog up your CPU and make houses which can't possibly be taken over without spending RL money or spending years playing the game so your plan to deposit those gold bars in an investment bank is RUINED.

If you like shooting your load at anime characters I'd consider buying it. Otherwise there's better games you can get for $10.

Why do you need pets?

Not true. One of my funnest times in an MMO was after I left my main guild that was big on raiding and was on my own just pvping with bgs and world pvp.

So stereotypically korean?

I shoot my load at other games. This is more fan service.

This game is cancerous shit and not worth wasting your time or money on.

When you're grinding the monsters drop materials important to enhance your weapons and the trash drops/silver that you need as well. You're typically killing huge numbers of monsters and the looting animation for doing it by hand is incredibly slow.

Pretty much. What I wouldn't give for a decent waifu simulator with decent combat, ass, tits, in-depth character creation, wallet warriors only reach the same levels faster and get the same items quicker/0% p2w, minimal grinding, costumes that range from slutty/impractical to practical/sexy, being able to pick your own abilities (none of this classes shit), skill/tactics > gear, and finally fanservice, and no goddamn (((selling out))). I might finally be able to live the rest of my life a happy man, for as long as that lasts at least.

So they intentionally gimped picking up items to get you to buy pets which pick shit up quicker?

-Boring game
-runs like shit
+open world pvp after a certain level

Yeah. If only.

I IMPLORE YOU TO RECONSIDER

Got a character to 60 and 99th%tile in gear. Blew up all my gear and quit. My life is much better now.

+Top quality character models and breast jiggle.
+Character creation is good.
+Very comfy if you're not actually playing the game and just idling in Velia
-Shit servers, any class that doesn't spam powerful aoe is shit because nothing will connect
-Gear progression is like punching yourself in the balls.
-Zero player economy
-Can't trade with other players
-Fixed prices of goods on market. Prices are fucked. Basic materials are the most fought over.
-35% tax selling to the market if you're not using the premium packs every month.
-90% of the game is idling in town to make money (Lifeskills)
-Because of the above, every city is packed with hundreds of players at all hours on all channels standing around chopping wood.
-Game looks like shit in motion. Objects with collision don't render until they're 5 feet away.
-Half of each classes' skill tree is useless.
-All freely acquirable armor looks the same. Have to buy costumes to looks different. Everyone buys the same costume.
-Only one set of viable end game gear. Zero variatians or builds.
-Dyes are RMT only. RNG boxes for the nicer looking ones.
-All expansion areas are completely half-assed. Koreans kept complaining about having to travel for 5 minutes to the best grinding spots so they buffed all the old grinding spots.
-Only two 'dungeons'. Very few use them because of above.

Feam that strilm

You know the rules.

You only get one.

Faggot.

Pretty much this, OP. It's a shame, because so much wasted potential was spent on this game.
Also
There really aren't enough redeemable features to make this game better. Fuck it.

Tiddy jiggle on casts p good, shooting afk fishers also good, causing breast envy also good.

So why are you considering buying an MMO you retard

Actually you don't have to talk to anyone in BDO, it is the mmo for solo grind autisms.

I played many hours a day up to Level 53. Then I stopped play for one day and realized I couldn't get myself back into it. I got enough mileage out of it to be worth the $10 I spent, but replay value isn't that high, in a game that really pushes you to have multiple characters.

Well fuck that shit

And when I say only one viable set, I don't mean that there's a combination of gear that shoulders above the rest and everything else is garbage.
There is literally ONE SET of top tier gear. The only variation you'll ever see is in accessory choice but those make such a tiny difference that it's just a case of people being autistic about which stats they think are better despite no one knowing how the damage calculations are done and the tooltips having been confirmed by the devs to be outright lies for more than a year.

You know that means he's got a lot of options then, right? MMO's haven't been social for the better half of a decade now.

Just play runescape like everyone else
At least runescape won't die.

Why little anime girl, let me tell you that Video Game MMO/RPG's (TM) have catered to ALL walks of life, LGBTBBQ's, and lonely normalfags who refuse to use a Mic, type to others, or acknowledge they exist. By doing this we have risen our MMO market (TM) yearly revenue publicly on Q1-4 stockholder meetings 15 times since 2004! To get endgame gear, just grind on our cookie cutter Quest Simulator, skip the text and kill X mobs, THEN join a Matchup Game(TM) that puts YOUR CHARACTER into a dungeon with other LONELY CHARACTERS! You don't need to communicate either! OUR PATENTED SYSTEM picks the classes for you within the dungeon instance! We provide waypoints and ZERO NON-LINEAR maps, so you can get Straight To The Boss, or STTB(TM) for short.

Hold ALT while pressing 0153. Thank me later.

I guess I will finish my back log of singleplayer games

I have 210 hours in this game, and until end game the game was legitimately fun. I'm considering just giving up with my current character and playing through the game again with different classes because levelling and low level pvp is much more fun and rewarding than the cluster fuck that is the end game.

Ill try to explain. Its not a traditional mmo, class roles are almost completely gone (almost, healers and tanks do exist but they're more dps with heals/dps with more health) and the end game suffers for it. The classic Korean grind also exists and it's very strong. Past level 55 (pretty sure they upped it to 61, but I can't remember) xp required for levelling becomes exponentially higher and higher. Someone calculated it would take something like 10-15 years of constant grinding the max amount of xp possible to hit the hard cap (they say it's infinite levelling but it's really only as high as 100, not that's its feasible to reach it).

Enemies in the end game boil down to 3 types:
You can one shot them easily
Neither of you do much damage to each other so killing takes a while
They can one shot you easily
Keep in mind that I didn't try to reach perfect gear when I was levelling, I only used what the game gave me and it resulted in fights that felt fair on both sides where a mistake could end up killing me or whatever I was fighting. Fighting mobs while levelling to soft cap was a lot more fun and challenging than end game levelling and grinding.

Pvp is also pretty shit post level 60, certain classes dominate while other classes are pretty shit, usually the female version of a class is better for pvp whereas the male versions are better for pve because the females have better single target and the males have better aoe. However it results in female classes being better than the males in pve as well.

Levelling was way more fun than the rest of the game, I'm at least happy that I got my 10$ worth out of it.

I may be biased since I don't really like MMOs, but Black Desert is bad even among the ones that I have played.

That doesn't work on my computer for some reason, but I understand it's to get TM. I used to do that as a kid to get the AE letter. My generic mmo meme was for mmo's in general, not this game, as above poster said, this game tries to take away "class roles".
MMO's are decent honestly if you don't want to communicate, I was tempted to play LOTRO the other day. MMO's are single player themepark quests with fun progression and you can skip text / stories that you can't skip in a real single player rpg game, and cutscenes.

I agree with you about the shitty quests and the grind but the customisation (shame it's only used to make shit waifus, it's one of the best character creators I've ever seen), the graphics, and the combat (which I found to be intuitive and fun to experiment with, creating combos and such) were all amazing and well above par for an mmo.

I thought BDO is free to play game?

You have to use the number pad. Make sure numlock is on.

this game is fucking shit, don't play it

Where are all the sexy mods and pretty faces? This isn't what I was promised.

Where is her fucking belly button

So, this game will get a PS4 release. Does that means PS4 only servers or cross servers?

I want to roleplay, but I don't have a proper PC yet. Also, I percieve AFK fishing would be easier in PS4 than PC.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an MMO and you don't need to interact with faggots to play it.

Is there an alternate download or a torrent or something to get the files? This absolute garbage of a launcher is giving me comically low speeds when I'm on fucking fiber.

And now the piece of shit just randomly crashes so I can't even just leave it downloading overnight.
FUCKING GOOK SHIT I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE FREE TRIAL SO I CAN GET MAD AT THAT TOO

Shit with our 12 mb limit, you could make a video of the movie's high points, with sound, and still make it under that if its 240p.

Game has literally become mobile while announcing a mobile version with most recent patch.

It's a piece of dogshit that the gooks attempted to shill over 3 times within a month.

people actually play this garbage?

It is trash and there is no fun to be had. The combat is pretty shit (read: balance, repetition, etc) and the story is barely there. It is completely two dimensional and there is no depth in it. It is like all other korean MMOs. It only looks pretty, but gooks know nothing about making something with actual substance.
It is shit. There is no MMO out that is good. That is final. Maybe you can find emulators of MMOs that were decent, like SWG or something, but BDO is gay as shit. If you really want to play it, play it for free through Ogrefest.
also its P2P a F2P game so no.

Are you a slutty sissy user?

Is Ogrefest or whatever the fuck its called still an unplayable, laggy mess?